PDA

View Full Version : Worst backup QB's ever !

Superchop 7
06-25-2012, 12:56 PM
Hanie, Osweiler, Weber ?

We could not win a game with any of them, wth was John thinking ?

chazoe60
06-25-2012, 01:03 PM
Worst thread ever.

You worry more about our Backup QB than any sane person should. Get the **** over it man.

Timmy!
06-25-2012, 01:17 PM
Derpington derp a diddily do, this thread gayer than 40 homosexual jews.

chazoe60
06-25-2012, 01:21 PM

Racist, homophobic and ******* brilliant. Post of the year.

MasterShake
06-25-2012, 01:22 PM
Any backup QB is going to be crap more or less. If they were any good they would be starting. I can't think of any team in the NFL that can maintain a high level of play if the backup comes in.

chazoe60
06-25-2012, 01:26 PM
Any backup QB is going to be crap more or less. If they were any good they would be starting. I can't think of any team in the NFL that can maintain a high level of play if the backup comes in.

The Jets!!!!! ;)

MasterShake
06-25-2012, 01:27 PM
The Jets!!!!! ;)

Well... thats a given.

vandammage13
06-25-2012, 01:29 PM
Worst backup QB's ever!

2011 Colts disagree.

Northman
06-25-2012, 01:39 PM
Really?..............

SM19
06-25-2012, 01:46 PM
Wait, I don't understand. I thought OP really liked Osweiler.

Northman
06-25-2012, 01:54 PM
No, he's a Foles fanboy.

SM19
06-25-2012, 02:17 PM
No, no, I definitely remember Superchop starting a ton of threads about Osweiler. Why would he do that if he wasn't a huge fan of the guy?

;)

dogfish
06-25-2012, 03:29 PM
i'm terribly concerned about our backup plans at long snapper-- i'm just not convinced we have anybody behind lonnie who's capable of getting the job done. . . this is a serious issue. . .

BroncoWave
06-25-2012, 03:50 PM
http://i.imgur.com/cFzbC.gif

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 04:04 PM
forgive me if i dont get involved in this thread

MOtorboat
06-25-2012, 04:26 PM

Donovan McNabb.

Go.

EMB6903
06-25-2012, 04:52 PM
" Waah they didn't take the qb I wanted in this draft.. "

Dzone
06-25-2012, 08:33 PM
LMAO! Nice thread...******* hilarious ****!!!

SR
06-25-2012, 08:40 PM
Oprah. Barbara Walters. Your wife. You have to **** one, kill one, marry one. Go!

Simple Jaded
06-25-2012, 09:50 PM
Every thread started about the Broncos backup QB position just reminds me that the Broncos signed Peyton F'n Manning. Keep 'em comin! :2thumbs:.......

hotcarl
06-26-2012, 06:47 AM
http://i.imgur.com/cFzbC.gif

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 08:56 AM
I agree with hotcarl and I have no idea what his opinion may be.

CrazyHorse
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I'm convinced the Broncos organization doesn't want a good back up. Look what happened last season. If Manning goes down, I think they're content with throwing the towel in exchange for a high draft pick.

silkamilkamonico
06-26-2012, 11:56 AM
I find it humorous that there was no uproar with BVP and Danny Kanell as our backup. All 3 of our current backups are better than those 2, and that includes Adam Webber.

Ravage!!!
06-26-2012, 12:23 PM
I'm convinced the Broncos organization doesn't want a good back up. Look what happened last season. If Manning goes down, I think they're content with throwing the towel in exchange for a high draft pick.

:lol:

ChairmanBron
06-26-2012, 04:03 PM
I find it humorous that there was no uproar with BVP and Danny Kanell as our backup. All 3 of our current backups are better than those 2, and that includes Adam Webber.

Besides missing a couple of games in 2003, Jake was a known durable QB throughout his career which afforded the Broncos to go cheap in 2004 and 2005.

Dzone
06-26-2012, 05:29 PM
Tommy Maddox, #1 pick.
Brilliant! Way to go Reeves

BroncoWave
06-26-2012, 05:33 PM
Besides missing a couple of games in 2003, Jake was a known durable QB throughout his career which afforded the Broncos to go cheap in 2004 and 2005.

Maybe you didn't hear, but before this last season, Manning had never missed a game in his ENTIRE CAREER. He is as durable as they come. The neck condition is not one that can be aggravated by a big hit. He will be just fine.

ShaneFalco
06-26-2012, 05:39 PM
maybe you didnt hear , he didnt play last season. :O

OP def brings up a valid point.

MOtorboat
06-26-2012, 05:54 PM

No he doesn't.

SR
06-26-2012, 05:56 PM
Maybe you didn't hear, but before this last season, Manning had never missed a game in his ENTIRE CAREER. He is as durable as they come. The neck condition is not one that can be aggravated by a big hit. He will be just fine.

I'm in 100% agreement with you here buddy. And I'm effing tired of explaining this to people

BroncoWave
06-26-2012, 06:06 PM

Learn why he didn't play last season and the risk for re-injury then come back here.

Ravage!!!
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM

No he doesn't. Whats the point? That he doesn't like the back-ups?

Manning didn't miss a game in 13 seasons of play. The injury that kept him out, is healed. He can NOT take a "hit" and "reinjure" what kept him out of last season. He didn't break his neck. He didn't break anything. The recovery for the nerve (which is located in the neck) effected the STRENGTH of his arm. So a "one hit away" complaint is pretty ridiculous considering all QBs are one hit away.

Not a single team in the NFL would feel confident at starting the QB they have backing up their starter. Even those (back-ups) that have succeeded in the NFL when coming off the bench, were thought of as "nobodies" before they were given the chance. NO ONE knew they could succeed BEFORE they were actually put in the line of fire. Our back-ups are no different.

If your starting QB goes down, then any team would know that their season is pretty much a loss. As expected when the most important position in ALL of sports is out of your starting lineup.

slim
06-26-2012, 06:11 PM
Mark Sanchez and Greg McElroy?

ChairmanBron
06-26-2012, 06:12 PM

maybe you didnt hear , he didnt play last season.....

Exactly. If Manning played all of last season and just happened to be traded to us for this season, people here wouldn't be talking about how our backups are....

BroncoWave
06-26-2012, 06:18 PM
Not a single team in the NFL would feel confident at starting the QB they have backing up their starter. Even those (back-ups) that have succeeded in the NFL when coming off the bench, were thought of as "nobodies" before they were given the chance. NO ONE knew they could succeed BEFORE they were actually put in the line of fire. Our back-ups are no different.

If your starting QB goes down, then any team would know that their season is pretty much a loss. As expected when the most important position in ALL of sports is out of your starting lineup.

Could not agree more. You think the Saints would be a threat with Chase Daniel? Or the Pats with Ryan Mallett? Or the Packers with Graham Harrell? Or the Eagles with Vince Young Or the Giants with David Carr?

Every elite team in the league would be in trouble if their starter goes down. Our money is better spent putting starters around Manning who can help him win than in a backup QB who may never play.

And as you said, you never know how good your backups are until they actually play.

BroncoWave
06-26-2012, 06:19 PM
Exactly. If Manning played all of last season and just happened to be traded to us for this season, people here wouldn't be talking about how our backups are....

If people weren't ignorant about his likelyhood of re-injury then they wouldn't be talking about how bad our backups are either.

Simple Jaded
06-26-2012, 08:13 PM
A; you're not gonna convince Tebow fans that Manning is not the most decrepit, injury-prone, weak, pass-happy, flatulent and malnutritioned QB that has ever replaced a living, breathing God.

B; all this talk about backup QB's really illustrates the job Gary Kubiak did with their 3rd string QB last year. That is the exception, not the rule, that proves that this thread full of shit. The Bears went out and got Campbell, which is a good get but who else was out there? Besides D-Nabb! There isn't enough good starters to go around much less 32 starters and 32 backups.

Just be glad you finally have one of those starters.......

Superchop 7
06-26-2012, 08:34 PM
Since I do not consider Osweiler to be an actual QB......this thread is not about him. When I start a thread on power forwards I will let you know. But.....lets say Peyton goes down for 3 games at week 10......its not exactly throw in the towel time.....Hanie has shown me nothing.....

Simple Jaded
06-26-2012, 08:46 PM
Since I do not consider Osweiler to be an actual QB......this thread is not about him. When I start a thread on power forwards I will let you know. But.....lets say Peyton goes down for 3 games at week 10......its not exactly throw in the towel time.....Hanie has shown me nothing.....
Foles has shown you more than Hanie? He's never played a down in the NFL, so it's almost as if that's impossible.

Seriously, Foles? Foles is the reason for the tear drops on your guitar? He's the reason lay awake at night? Wow, you've really got some low standards.......

SR
06-26-2012, 08:55 PM

Your posts = Caleb Hanie

MOtorboat
06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Your posts = Caleb Hanie

Hanie is much more proven.

Simple Jaded
06-26-2012, 09:03 PM
Since I do not consider Osweiler to be an actual QB......this thread is not about him. When I start a thread on power forwards I will let you know.......

Btw, this is pretty funny.......

silkamilkamonico
06-26-2012, 09:47 PM
Foles is as good as he's ever going to be. The guy has no upside whatsoever.

And if Manning goes down week 10, it's because Denver is 9-0 with HFA in the bag.

chazoe60
06-27-2012, 07:50 AM
I don't consider you a football fan.......When I start a thread about figure skating I will let you know.

SR
06-27-2012, 07:52 AM
I don't consider you a football fan.......When I start a thread about figure skating I will let you know.

Also let me know. I like watching figure skating. Not the men though.

Chef Zambini
06-27-2012, 01:25 PM
A; you're not gonna convince Tebow fans that Manning is not the most decrepit, injury-prone, weak, pass-happy, flatulent and malnutritioned QB that has ever replaced a living, breathing God.

B; all this talk about backup QB's really illustrates the job Gary Kubiak did with their 3rd string QB last year. That is the exception, not the rule, that proves that this thread full of shit. The Bears went out and got Campbell, which is a good get but who else was out there? Besides D-Nabb! There isn't enough good starters to go around much less 32 starters and 32 backups.

Just be glad you finally have one of those starters.......you earned my salute just for mentioning KUBIAK!

Superchop 7
06-27-2012, 02:02 PM
For those of you that think I dont like Osweiler.....let me say this......I think its great that a friend of the family has a summer job.......but.......lets get back on topic......it is week 10......we are 6~3 and Manning has just slipped on a McDonalds bag and is out 3 weeks.........we put our season on the line with our backup QB..........

silkamilkamonico
06-27-2012, 02:15 PM
For those of you that think I dont like Osweiler.....let me say this......I think its great that a friend of the family has a summer job.......but.......lets get back on topic......it is week 10......we are 6~3 and Manning has just slipped on a McDonalds bag and is out 3 weeks.........we put our season on the line with our backup QB..........

Considering there isn't another QB out there that was available who would have been better, it's a terrible argument. And no, Donovon McNabb is NOT a better option.

Timmy!
06-27-2012, 03:51 PM

Since when does manning hang out with brandon marshall?

MasterShake
06-27-2012, 04:41 PM
Also let me know. I like watching figure skating. Not the men though.

Still not as good as listening to women's tennis.

Ravage!!!
06-27-2012, 05:13 PM

Yes.. we put our season on the line with the back-up QB. Just as EVERY team does around the NFL.

Superchop 7
06-27-2012, 05:22 PM
I like Dixon.......great athlete.......and will win you games. I like Volek as a mentor that can win games. Hanie is a scrub.....he is not a great athlete......or a mentor.......you will kiss your season goodbye.

MOtorboat
06-27-2012, 05:23 PM
Billy Volek?

:pound:

chazoe60
06-27-2012, 05:38 PM
I think we should have an entire forum dedicated to the 34th most important player on the roster so chop will have some place for his typing turrets syndrome. Seriously I've never seen someone so bothered by something so stupid.

ShaneFalco
06-27-2012, 05:47 PM
No he doesn't. Whats the point? That he doesn't like the back-ups?

Manning didn't miss a game in 13 seasons of play. The injury that kept him out, is healed. He can NOT take a "hit" and "reinjure" what kept him out of last season. He didn't break his neck. He didn't break anything. The recovery for the nerve (which is located in the neck) effected the STRENGTH of his arm. So a "one hit away" complaint is pretty ridiculous considering all QBs are one hit away.

you know what, your right, i remember when trent green went down, and everyone thought season was lost in 99. Then warner came in and changed the team.

NorCalBronco7
06-27-2012, 05:55 PM
you know what, your right, i remember when trent green went down, and everyone thought season was lost in 99. Then warner came in and changed the team.

Warner is one in a million.

Dick Vermiels first thought when Trent Green goes down, "We're screwed".

Thats just about every coaches first thought when their starting Qb gets injured for a long period of time.

NorCalBronco7
06-27-2012, 06:14 PM

Until you can prove to any of us that most backups dont suck, or that most teams, especially teams with elite Qbs, consistently pay big money for backups, then Ill entertain you idea that the Broncos need to add some experienced vet to sit behind Peyton Manning.

I like Dixon.......great athlete.......and will win you games. I like Volek as a mentor that can win games. Hanie is a scrub.....he is not a great athlete......or a mentor.......you will kiss your season goodbye.

Dixon and Volek have around 100 atempts between then in the last 3 years.

Id rather have Osweiler come in and show us what hes got then spending more money on a backup the Broncos dont need.

MOtorboat
06-27-2012, 06:19 PM
Billy Volek.

Win games.

ShaneFalco
06-27-2012, 08:24 PM
Warner is one in a million.

Dick Vermiels first thought when Trent Green goes down, "We're screwed".

Thats just about every coaches first thought when their starting Qb gets injured for a long period of time.
vermeil is like my fav coach of all time. He made the team like a family, faulk and warner and everyone were like "I love you man!" lol

Simple Jaded
06-27-2012, 08:50 PM
Dick Vermeil was either a sobbing wet little crybaby bitch or an insufferable drama queen camera whore, I liked him just fine as a coach as long as he didn't know the camera was rolling.......

SR
06-27-2012, 08:54 PM
Still not as good as listening to women's tennis.

They're close. Unless its Sherapova then all bets are off

SR
06-27-2012, 08:55 PM

Start liking Peyton Manning. Worry less about the backups. The Broncos didn't sign Peyton Manning to make sure their backup QB could win them games.

Superchop 7
06-28-2012, 10:22 PM
"Then we were playing the New England Patriots in the AFC title game, and Peyton hit his hand on a helmet throwing the ball. As he came off to sideline he looked at me and said, 'Be ready.'"

Source: ESPN (Sorgi)

The only perfect team in NFL history did it with a backup, Earl Morral .

No......its not important............not at all.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 10:47 PM
:lol:

Simple Jaded
06-29-2012, 01:18 AM
Allright! What in the world is so ****** special about Nick Foles?.......

pegcage
06-29-2012, 03:52 AM
Hanie, Osweiler, Weber ?

We could not win a game with any of them, wth was John thinking ?

The Colts, while Peyton was there, had the worst backup qbs ever, as proved by their only winning one game all season when Peyton was hurt.

silkamilkamonico
06-29-2012, 08:32 AM
"Then we were playing the New England Patriots in the AFC title game, and Peyton hit his hand on a helmet throwing the ball. As he came off to sideline he looked at me and said, 'Be ready.'"

What if the backup QB trips on his dog the night before the game after Manning goes down, then we're really in the shitter and blasting the organziation for not spending a good amount of their cap space on the 3rd string QB. It's a ridicuslously stupid argument.

silkamilkamonico
06-29-2012, 08:48 AM

He had a .500 record in college.

Superchop 7
06-29-2012, 04:12 PM
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

This is not about Foles.

I would not want Foles as the backup this year. (although he would do alot better job than Osweiler)

This is about Hanie, who sucks.

Interestingly, I heard on NFL network that McNabb has been in contact with three teams, one of them has a really good defense and running game.

Could it be that Elway has beaten me to the punch?

Nah.

SR
06-29-2012, 04:28 PM
Denver has an average defense, so it looks like you're still wrong

Superchop 7
06-29-2012, 04:38 PM
HOWEVER, IF THIS WAS ABOUT NICK FREAKIN FOLES.........I would probably post something like this.....

Foles, who rewrote the Arizona passing records and some in the conference, also earned praise recently from ESPN analyst Trent Dilfer via Twitter.

Dilfer wrote, after studying nine Arizona games, that he liked Foles’ college game tapes better than those from former Oklahoma quarterback Sam Bradford, who was the first overall pick in the 2010 draft. Dilfer on Foles: “Less arm, but equal accuracy & MUCH better instincts.”

Also from Dilfer: “Foles has as good of pocket instincts & climb as any SPREAD QB I have studied the past 10 years. Doesn’t lock on #1 & bail early.”

One more from Dilfer: He said he had “NEVER seen a QB this good get LESS help from his teammates. If Foles was in the SEC he would be a Heisman finalist.”

THEN I WOULD REMIND PEOPLE THAT......

Foles broke all Drew Brees records in high school.

Despite having a horrible freshman o-line, he posted a 145.5 QB rating last year.

Despite 60 mph winds, he threw for 352 against Colorado.

Then I would probably post a you tube video......like this one....

http://youtu.be/UhaehG4uWoY

Then I would remind people that Philly knows and produces alot of QB's and even though he does not even remotely fit their system.....they took him.

But, this is not about Foles, it is about Hanie.

Then after all that I would probably post a Wolfe video just to feel better.

http://youtu.be/iJsmdwFcPyg

SR
06-29-2012, 05:59 PM
You've resorted to Trent Dilfer's analysis. Low.

Ravage!!!
06-29-2012, 07:20 PM
No one wants McNabb in the lineup.. I promise you that. Foles isn't much. What QBs have Philly produced?? :confused: The back-ups I've seen come out of philly, have absolutely sucked balls.

Cugel
06-29-2012, 09:23 PM
The Jets!!!!! ;)

Sorry. But, no. :coffee:

"Jets! Jets! Jets! Suck! Suck! Suck!" (chant at Giants Stadium when the Giants play the Jets.)

Cugel
06-29-2012, 09:31 PM
Let's be honest. There are very few teams in the NFL who have a backup QB who can step in and win. If the starting QB is hurt for more than about 2 games almost everybody's season is done.

How far do you think the Green Bay Packers would get with B.J. Coleman or Graham Harrell if Aaron Rogers got hurt?

Superchop 7
06-30-2012, 03:48 AM
Ravage.....we have been through the tough times.

I know this.

Superchop 7
06-30-2012, 03:53 AM
Let's be honest. There are very few teams in the NFL who have a backup QB who can step in and win. If the starting QB is hurt for more than about 2 games almost everybody's season is done.

How far do you think the Green Bay Packers would get with B.J. Coleman or Graham Harrell if Aaron Rogers got hurt?

__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Cugel.......you ARE BETTER THAN THIS.......do not ever and I mean "ever" give me an excuse for failure.

This is why people fail.......excuses.

THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO HAVE A SERIOUS BACK UP PLAN IS THE BRONCOS.

I do not care what "they" do......I care what we do.

Hanie sucks......we all know it.......it is time to get seriously pissed off and fix it.

Superchop 7
06-30-2012, 04:08 AM
Stand up men......be men.

SR
06-30-2012, 08:33 AM
Stand up men......be men.

What the hell are you talking about?

Ravage!!!
06-30-2012, 11:02 AM
Hanie sucks......we all know it.......it is time to get seriously pissed off and fix it.

Yeah, but this is where you lose everyone, Chop. We know Hanie sucks. But he's purely a temp, anyway. By the end of this season (maybe even mid-way)...and certainly by next season.... Osweiller is the clear back-up to Manning. Honestly, chop, we don't care what you think of Oz. The point is, the reason he's on the roster is because the Broncos believe in Oz. If Manning goes "down" this season (and he won't) for more than a game or so, then like most teams.....we are in trouble. Thats the life of the NFL.

There is a reason that the QB is considered the most important position in professional sports. There is a reason that teams without a top QB generally don't make it to, nor win, the Super Bowl. If the back-up QB of every team could come in and be relied upon to simply win games like the starter does, then the QB wouldn't be looked upon as so valuable.

silkamilkamonico
06-30-2012, 11:39 AM
We have arguably the best set of backup QB's in the entire NFL. And we also have a HoF starter who has never been injured in his career. We also already have his replacement already in the stable learning who's barely old enough to drink.

silkamilkamonico
06-30-2012, 11:41 AM
Yeah, but this is where you lose everyone, Chop. We know Hanie sucks. But he's purely a temp, anyway. By the end of this season (maybe even mid-way)...and certainly by next season.... Osweiller is the clear back-up to Manning. Honestly, chop, we don't care what you think of Oz. The point is, the reason he's on the roster is because the Broncos believe in Oz. If Manning goes "down" this season (and he won't) for more than a game or so, then like most teams.....we are in trouble. Thats the life of the NFL.

There is a reason that the QB is considered the most important position in professional sports. There is a reason that teams without a top QB generally don't make it to, nor win, the Super Bowl. If the back-up QB of every team could come in and be relied upon to simply win games like the starter does, then the QB wouldn't be looked upon as so valuable.

Best post in this thread. A perfect blend of rationality and reasonability.

We can now thankfully retire this ridiculous thread.

dacoats
07-06-2012, 06:33 AM
Curtis Painter hands down, we are talking history of the professional football on this one

he never won a game, never came close, never will

Jsteve01
07-06-2012, 09:00 AM
this thread is just flat horrid. next on chop's list of super hits: "Why the Broncos quality control department is a shambles"

vandammage13
07-06-2012, 09:33 AM
Who was the guy that played for the chiefs that is like 0-13 lifetime as a starter?

Was it Tyler Thigpen or Brodie Croyle?

TXBRONC
07-06-2012, 10:15 AM

It happened once in nearly 100 years of NFL history. Boy you hustled the shit out of us. :lol:

TXBRONC
07-06-2012, 10:31 AM
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ ____________________

Cugel.......you ARE BETTER THAN THIS.......do not ever and I mean "ever" give me an excuse for failure.

This is why people fail.......excuses.

THE TEAM THAT IS GOING TO HAVE A SERIOUS BACK UP PLAN IS THE BRONCOS.

I do not care what "they" do......I care what we do.

He didn't give you excuse he pointed out a reality.

Superchop 7
07-06-2012, 01:12 PM
You guys are ok with this......unbelievable.....so much for football IQ....we will agree to disagree.....had all the dumb answers I can take. This has been one collective "its ok if we suck"......so be it.

Ravage!!!
07-06-2012, 01:28 PM
You guys are ok with this......unbelievable.....so much for football IQ....we will agree to disagree.....had all the dumb answers I can take. This has been one collective "its ok if we suck"......so be it.

Manning isn't going to get hurt, so I'm not really that concerned with the problem. YOU have a problem with Oz, and that just has to be ignored. I just know (my football IQ knows) that when a team loses their starting QB, generally the team isn't going to be as good as they would WITH the starting QB. Football IQ knows that back-ups are what they are for a reason.

SR
07-06-2012, 01:40 PM

Bro...backup QBs are backups for a reason and that reason isn't because they're starters or capable of being one (by and large). Our backup QBs suck because THEY ARE BACKUPS. We have one of, if not the greatest QB in NFL history on our team and you're sweating our backups. Get a ******* grip already.

NightTerror218
07-06-2012, 05:33 PM
So Chop are you saying we need to have a NFL starter quality QB as our back up?

So next season we should try to sign Brees if he does not get a deal done?

BroncoJoe
07-06-2012, 05:49 PM
Wow. I'm actually speechless.

MOtorboat
07-06-2012, 09:22 PM
Billy Volek

Simple Jaded
07-07-2012, 12:51 AM
The Broncos need to Suck For Barkley and solve this backup QB quandary once and for all. Sure it's throwing away an entire season but it'll be comforting to know that the long term backup can win games should Manning and Osweiler go down.......

Ravage!!!
07-07-2012, 09:50 AM
So Chop are you saying we need to have a NFL starter quality QB as our back up?

So next season we should try to sign Brees if he does not get a deal done?

Billy Volek

The Broncos need to Suck For Barkley and solve this backup QB quandary once and for all. Sure it's throwing away an entire season but it'll be comforting to know that the long term backup can win games should Manning and Osweiler go down.......

No no.. he's saying McNabb is the guy we should get. 'Cause HE's a "starting caliber QB" in the NFL. Must be why he has all those job offers from around the league.

Nomad
07-07-2012, 09:59 AM
I haven't read through the thread, but going by the title......I would say Curtis Painter did a good job of putting his name on that list.

Superchop 7
07-07-2012, 10:29 AM
In 2011.....only 15 qbs made it through 16 games. I don't care if its Manning....Elway or anybody else....odds are better than 50% that your backup will be on the field at some point in any given season. So....what do have? Another Curtis Painter.....we all know it.....but everyone is ok with it......so I will just sit back and watch.....

MOtorboat
07-07-2012, 10:46 AM
So half the league's quarterbacks played every game? Oh, the horror.

Ravage!!!
07-07-2012, 12:31 PM
In 2011.....only 15 qbs made it through 16 games. I don't care if its Manning....Elway or anybody else....odds are better than 50% that your backup will be on the field at some point in any given season. So....what do have? Another Curtis Painter.....we all know it.....but everyone is ok with it......so I will just sit back and watch.....

I'm just glad we aren't signing a "name" like McNabb purely because he used to start in the NFL. I think Elway could play better than McNabb at this point.

How many games did Manning miss in 14 years of playing? zero. The odds are better with him, anyway. You just sit back and watch, and if we have to start the back-up, you can go put your Foles jersey on and cry in your sleep, dreaming of "what could have been."

Superchop 7
07-08-2012, 10:41 AM
Hmmmm.....let's say I'm Pat Bowlen and I have a product.....what I want is people still coming to games if my starter goes down.....Hanie will make the stadium empty.....Osweiler is no where near ready.....the national media is blasting me because our plan B was a joke.....personally I would want Dixon....we proved last year that we can do well in that style of offensive game plan. (Athletic QB).....but I have no problem with McNabb because McCoy can script to anyones strengths plus McNabb can help Osweiler. If Manning has proven anything......he is zero help developing a backup.

I would never drive the distance and spend the money on Hanie.....waste of time and money....I already know what I'm getting.

SR
07-08-2012, 10:44 AM
If Orton didn't empty the stadium, Hanie won't either. The second longest sellout streak in NFL history is still in tact. People are blasting you because of how ridiculous you sound, not because you're right and everyone else is wrong. You have the "Chef Zambini" syndrome

turftoad
07-08-2012, 10:50 AM
Hmmmm.....let's say I'm Pat Bowlen and I have a product.....what I want is people still coming to games if my starter goes down.....Hanie will make the stadium empty.....Osweiler is no where near ready.....the national media is blasting me because our plan B was a joke.....personally I would want Dixon....we proved last year that we can do well in that style of offensive game plan. (Athletic QB).....but I have no problem with McNabb because McCoy can script to anyones strengths plus McNabb can help Osweiler. If Manning has proven anything......he is zero help developing a backup.

I would never drive the distance and spend the money on Hanie.....waste of time and money....I already know what I'm getting.

McNabb doesn't have any strengths anymore.

MOtorboat
07-08-2012, 10:54 AM
McNabb wouldn't teach Osweiler jack shit.

What is this obsession with McNabb? It's 2012, not 2005.

MOtorboat
07-08-2012, 11:17 AM
I would literally take Vinny Testeverde over McNabb.

SR
07-08-2012, 11:37 AM
I would take Joey Harrington or Chad Pennington over McNabb

silkamilkamonico
07-08-2012, 12:03 PM

You already know what you're getting?

You're a proponent for Donovon McNabb, the QB who was garbage under the most QB friendly system coach in he NFL, a guy who got beat out by washed up Rex Grossmn and QB hopeless John Beck, who were ultimaty replaced at the first chance. A QB who took over for a 6-10 Tarvaris Jackson led team and went 1-5 with them as immediately replaced by a completely not ready Christian Ponder rookie.

You apparently don't have a clue what you are getting.

Not over have you brought us one of the more terrible threads we've seen on this side of Mike Shanahan era, but you've upped the ante with creating one of the most illogical arguments in that same thread.

Superchop 7
07-08-2012, 01:33 PM
My personal choice would be Dixon......my point is.....a lot of guys are better than Hanie......hell.....Jamarcus Russel is better than Hanie.....sellouts are due to season ticket holders.....actual attendance is a different thing....I get my tickets from doctors who only go to a few games a year.....if you think I'm buying 4 tickets for Hanie your nuts. A lot of tickets are resold....which is why there are secondary markets. If you do not think actual attendance would be affected.....you are missing the boat.....if you don't think TV ratings are affected.....your missing the boat.

Superchop 7
07-08-2012, 01:41 PM
Dilfer....Warner....Brady were backups the year they won the Superbowl.

MOtorboat
07-08-2012, 02:15 PM

There is a lot wrong with comparing their situation with Denver's, and actually almost all three examples are more apt to our current backups than anyone else, especially in Warner (Hanie) and Brady (Osweiler), than if the team signed McNabb or Dixon (who isn't really comparable to Dilfer either, Dilfer was a lot like Orton in starting for five or six years and then becoming a backup, whereas Dixon was a backup from the start).

SR
07-08-2012, 03:00 PM
My personal choice would be Dixon......my point is.....a lot of guys are better than Hanie......hell.....Jamarcus Russel is better than Hanie.....sellouts are due to season ticket holders.....actual attendance is a different thing....I get my tickets from doctors who only go to a few games a year.....if you think I'm buying 4 tickets for Hanie your nuts. A lot of tickets are resold....which is why there are secondary markets. If you do not think actual attendance would be affected.....you are missing the boat.....if you don't think TV ratings are affected.....your missing the boat.

All that matters is ticket sales homie. Attendance doesn't matter to the organization if the tickets sell. It's a business. Jamarcus Russell is not better than Hanie and that's why Russell is not in the league anymore but Hanie is. Your football knowledge and evaluation of players is hideous. And you wonder why no one takes your opinion seriously except you.

silkamilkamonico
07-08-2012, 05:44 PM

Dilfer won with arguably the best defense in the history of the game. If there is a young future HoF qb and arguably the GOAT available that has yet to play, It may be an interesting argument. Until any of the above scenarios actually take place, your creating an argument that has less than a 1% chance of actually happening.

Simple Jaded
07-08-2012, 10:16 PM
From what l understand the Broncos were not thrilled with the attendence even with the Justin Beeber of the NFL at QB, they went with Plan A and immediately started renovations. Hanie would effect the attendence but no more than Tebow and Orton did, the Broncos would survive.......

Chef Zambini
07-08-2012, 11:24 PM
plunket, hostettler, two more back-ups that got their teams to superbowls.
mcnabb mentored vick

MOtorboat
07-08-2012, 11:27 PM
mcnabb mentored vick

More really bad examples to support your opinion.

Seriously, it's a bad, bad argument. I mean, really, it's terribly unintelligent.

Ravage!!!
07-08-2012, 11:47 PM

Exactly... Brady and Warner were unknowns, and Dilfer was thought of as a terrible QB. You are making points AGAINST your very own complaint.

Ravage!!!
07-08-2012, 11:48 PM
mcnabb mentored vick

Mentored Vick???? thats a joke. How many years was Vick in the NFL? he didn't "mentor" vick

Simple Jaded
07-08-2012, 11:57 PM
I think the Broncos are done making roster moves anyway, so.......yeah.......

Ravage!!!
07-09-2012, 12:05 AM

So you feel that attendance would be affected if Manning, our starting QB and one of the greatest to ever play the game, went down with injury and was replaced by the back-up. You feel that fans might lose "hope" if we had to start the back-up instead of Manning. You think that TV ratings would be affected by the fact that Manning isn't in the line-up. I have to say, this is truly eye-opening brilliance at work. I never would have seen this happening. :coffee:

However, you feel that McNabb would CONTINUE the hope of the fans??? :shocked: This is just plain, ridiculous.

sneakers
07-09-2012, 12:14 AM

How many Barny Franks can I fit? maybe 40?

http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.449472.1341725824!/image/4053704853.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_640/4053704853.jpg
http://www.haaretz.com/polopoly_fs/1.449472.1341725824!/image/4053704853.jpg_gen/derivatives/landscape_640/4053704853.jpg

Chef Zambini
07-09-2012, 01:26 AM
Mentored Vick???? thats a joke. How many years was Vick in the NFL? he didn't "mentor" vickwatch out for the crocodiles...

SR
07-09-2012, 05:14 AM
mcnabb mentored vick

McNabb and Vick crossed paths so far in to Vick's career I'd hardly call it mentoring.

Chef Zambini
07-09-2012, 08:58 AM
McNabb and Vick crossed paths so far in to Vick's career I'd hardly call it mentoring.odd, because that is exactly what VICK called it.

silkamilkamonico
07-09-2012, 11:37 AM
McNabb sucks, and we certainly don't need him to come in and mentor Peyton Manning.

Ravage!!!
07-09-2012, 02:03 PM
odd, because that is exactly what VICK called it.

yeah. What did he originally call dog fighting? Fun? A sport? Entertainment? Not wrong?

I suppose Vick could view it that way (as mentoring), sure. I mean, it all comes down to what you call "mentoring".... and I honestly don't have a problem with Vick seeing McNabb as a "mentor" whatsoever. However, when you've been in the league for as many years as Vick has, McNabb was probably more of a spiritual/personal mentor than a QB'ing mentor.

There's nothing wrong with that, either. Some of the most successful people in life have GREAT personal mentors that they look up to and try to duplicate. But this isn't the kind of mentoring that we would be talking about with McNabb-Manning....and have we seen ANY young QBs come out of Philly that have followed McNabb, be successful? I'm not blaming that on McNabb, but still....is the mentoring from McNabb something MORE than what Oz would be getting from Manning? Who would you rather have your son listen to on a daily basis, McNabb or Manning? EASY choice for me.

Then it comes down the QBing. McNabb, at this point of his career, is just plain awful.

Superchop 7
07-09-2012, 05:34 PM
Repeated shrinkage over the last half decade underscores the challenge the NFL is facing. At a time when everything else regarding the sport is growing, the league has seen its paying customers steadily drop by more than 4.5 percent since 2007. (source Florio)

There were 9 teams with 100% attendance in 2011, the Broncos were "not" one of those teams. (which is weird because Tebow was a huge draw)

Superchop 7
07-09-2012, 05:36 PM
It took 8 pages and the mention of Jamarcus Russel before anyone defended Hanie.

I want to thank Silkamonic for always taking the bait, I can damn near type his responses, always a great segway into proving my point.

Superchop 7
07-09-2012, 05:43 PM
As for McNabb, he is a 6 time pro-bowler, he has looked like crap since leaving Philly......no doubt......but most offensive co-ordinators do not play to a qbs strengths. (McNabb has stated that this has been the problem.....asking him to do things he is uncomfortable with)

We have McCoy, he can take Dixon, which is a more dynamic version of Tebow and make a gameplan or he can tailor it to McNabb, or any qbs strengths, McCoy has shown he is a stud co-ordinator last year with Tebow)

SR
07-09-2012, 05:51 PM
Most offensive coordinators don't play to a QB's strengths? You say shit like that and expect people to take you seriously?

silkamilkamonico
07-09-2012, 05:55 PM
Dixon sucks. Considering you're point has been to believe the complete opposite of what you actually post, I will concur with you that Dixon is indeed absolutely terrible, we actually aren't that bad off at backup QB, and we do have our future QB in Osweiler.

Looks like we have everything we need.

It's great to be a Denver fan.

silkamilkamonico
07-09-2012, 05:57 PM
Most offensive coordinators don't play to a QB's strengths? You say shit like that and expect people to take you seriously?

His schtick which he has basically stated is to believe that exact opposite of what he actually posts.

I think he just won over most everyone in this thread, now that they can see he actually believes Foles is no future garbage as well.

silkamilkamonico
07-09-2012, 06:04 PM
Repeated shrinkage over the last half decade underscores the challenge the NFL is facing. At a time when everything else regarding the sport is growing, the league has seen its paying customers steadily drop by more than 4.5 percent since 2007. (source Florio)

There were 9 teams with 100% attendance in 2011, the Broncos were "not" one of those teams. (which is weird because Tebow was a huge draw)

This is actually not true. The NFL has cleverly accepted the fact that it's sport looks incredibly favorably on television, has shifted its battle from in house fans paying huge amounts in a dying economy and capitalized most lucratively on TV deals which has not only sustained its products economic growth, but have brought it to branched out regions, such as London.

But with the benefit of hindsight, it is refreshing that you actually did know that.

Simple Jaded
07-09-2012, 07:09 PM
I think the word you're looking for is "segue", just sayin.......

Superchop 7
07-12-2012, 04:06 PM
I stand corrected on spelling.

More often than not.....qb's are put into "systems".....for instance.....when Jay Cutler left Denver he had to learn to read defenses......they did not just say.....it's ok Jay....just tell us what you want to do......Then they brought in Mike Martz.....who's scheme leaves the qb wide open to getting killed in the pocket.....Mike Martz did not ask Jay what he was comfortable running.

Offensive co-ordinators want you to run their system......their way.

Here is a quote from Jay (source ESPN)

Cutler called the current situation at Halas Hall "a breath of fresh air" after the club's second session of organized team activities, and he explained how his history with new quarterbacks coach Jeremy Bates -- with whom he worked in Denver -- plays a role in the construction of the new offense.

"I think Jeremy has a really good feel for what I like to do and what I don't like to do," Cutler said. "There were plays out here today (where) I told them, 'I don't like them. Let's think about getting rid of them.'

"He's fine with that and (new offensive coordinator Mike) Tice is fine with that. So it's a give and take, and that's a breath of fresh air around here; being able to give ideas. Everyone gives ideas and let's pick the best ones that work for everybody."

The majority of offensive co-ordinators DO NOT scheme to a QB's strengths which is why I like McCoy and whether they brought in Dixon or McNabb or whoever it is my belief that we can scheme to their strengths unlike most teams.

But.....from what I have seen of Hanie......we need somebody else.

SR
07-12-2012, 05:47 PM
You've been corrected on A LOT more than spelling in this thread

Simple Jaded
07-12-2012, 10:53 PM
From what I've heard McCoy was vehemently (thanks Rev) opposed to installing The Tebow Offense, apparently he wanted Tebow to sink or swim in his system. I wouldn't give him too much credit for being flexible. Did he pull it off? Obviously, but I'm willing to bet his willingness to unselfishly mold himself to Tebow's so-called strengths ended that night in NE.......

Simple Jaded
07-13-2012, 12:46 AM
If Manning goes down they should call Brett Faaavrrrrra.......

Jsteve01
07-13-2012, 08:52 AM
let's see. brief synopsis. Hanie sucks, Osweiler is a dud and Nick Foles is the next Dan marino. Did I miss anything? Wow we can end this thread now.

nyuk nyuk
07-17-2012, 09:33 PM
If Manning goes down they should call Brett Faaavrrrrra.......

OMG!

http://i49.tinypic.com/11qpv8l.jpg

Simple Jaded
07-18-2012, 03:11 AM
OMG!

http://i49.tinypic.com/11qpv8l.jpg

No, uh? Think Jamie Moyer can throw a football?.......

Superchop 7
07-18-2012, 11:19 AM
let's see. brief synopsis. Hanie sucks, Osweiler is a dud and Nick Foles is the next Dan marino. Did I miss anything? Wow we can end this thread now.
__________________________________________________ __________________________________________________ _____________________________________

Yes....we can end the thread.....all I have to do is say so and my subjects will comply.

Boys.....stop posting.

TXBRONC
07-18-2012, 11:39 AM
As for McNabb, he is a 6 time pro-bowler, he has looked like crap since leaving Philly......no doubt......but most offensive co-ordinators do not play to a qbs strengths. (McNabb has stated that this has been the problem.....asking him to do things he is uncomfortable with)

We have McCoy, he can take Dixon, which is a more dynamic version of Tebow and make a gameplan or he can tailor it to McNabb, or any qbs strengths, McCoy has shown he is a stud co-ordinator last year with Tebow)

:rofl:

TXBRONC
07-18-2012, 11:44 AM

Of course not that why Peyton Manning will run the offense exactly the way we ran it with Tebow at quaterback. Personally I'm looking forward to Manning compling about 600 yards rushing. It'll be freakin awesome!