View Full Version : A reality check for B-Marsh

Lonestar
06-21-2009, 02:08 AM
Armstrong:
By Jim Armstrong
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/20/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT
Updated: 06/20/2009 12:02:32 PM MDT

Ye olde bottom line on Brandon Marshall's contract dispute: Like everything else in the NFL, it's a numbers game. The number in this case? Two. The Broncos already caved in and accommodated one star player's trade request. They're not about to do it again in the same offseason. Unless, of course, Josh McDaniels wants to lose the team before he ever coaches a game. . . .

Marshall is a walking, talking contradiction. You know all about the dark side. But you should have seen him charming the kids the other day at his Camp 15 football clinic. Oh, and for the record, his agent, Kennard McGuire, tells me B-Marsh underwrote part of the camp's expenses. . . .

Insert punch line here: Marshall shaking hands and posing for pictures with Aurora cops during a break in his camp. . . .

McGuire wouldn't take questions about his client's spat with the Broncos' front office. And here I was going to ask him if Marshall wanted to get traded to a city where it doesn't rain all the time. Like, say, Seattle. . . .

What, you think B-Marsh needs a reality check? Some 36-year-old guy showed up at Camp 15 and tried to enroll. . . .

All right, so now that this is officially a Nuggets town, who do you figure they're going to land with that second-round draft pick of theirs? And while we're on the subject, will George Karl ever have heard of the kid? . . .

By the way, Shaq just tweeted that the Cavs shouldn't trade for him because he's one wave away from being washed up. . . .

A Belgian teen claims she asked for three tattoos on her face, only to wake up with 56. So it's Belgium, then, for that summer vacation, huh, J.R.? . . .

Coby Karl, George's son, played with uber point guard Ricky Rubio in Spain. The same Ricky Rubio who is projected to be the second or third pick in the NBA draft. So, Coby, is the kid the real deal? "No, he isn't the real deal . . . but he will be. People forget how young he is." . . .

Don't look now, but at the rate he's going, Brett Favre is destined for the cover of Madden '09 — 3009. . . .

Josh Mac on Ryan McBean and Ronald Fields, the Broncos' two latest D-lineman imports: "Both players have the characteristics we look for. They're not going to stand and do nothing and hold up on the tackle. They're going to move and stunt and pass rush." . . .

Darn, and just when we were getting used to Broncos D-linemen standing and doing nothing. . . .

Sammy Sosa is baseball's latest disgrace case? And to think, back in the day, he was a five-tool player. Well, if you counted the vial and syringe. . . .

So it's all but official then. Now that the Rox have caught fire with Clint Hurdle on forced furlough, Dan O'Dowd's contract extension is running through the fax machine. . . .

Angels center fielder Torii Hunter, still one of the best ball hawkers in the business, telling the L.A. Times about his latest confrontation with an outfield wall in San Francisco: "All these years I've challenged the wall, and I'm 0-for-16 against those things." . . .

I get e-mails telling me to jump off Mount Evans. Not ESPN's Jayson Stark. He gets e-mails with fun, really cool factoids, such as this one: Yankees switch-hitter Mark Teixeira is a serious MVP candidate. The last switcher to win the A.L. MVP

Sammy Sosa. (Associated Press file photo)award? Woulda been A's pitcher Vida Blue in '71. . . .
Nice to see former Rockie Gabe Kapler still swinging the stick in the bigs. Is it just me, or do you, too, think of Horshack and Mr. Kotter whenever you hear Kapler's name? . . .

They say it's your birthday: Would-be Nugget (if they had gotten the second pick in the '03 draft) Darko Milicic (24); Astros bopper Carlos Lee (33); and John Goodman, whose swing in that movie looked more like Mrs. Ruth's than the Babe's (57).

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12652474

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 03:02 AM
Josh McDaniels doesn't care if he loses the team, every member of this team knows he is on borrowed time.......you either buy what he's selling or you are gone.......

Davii
06-21-2009, 03:22 AM
Josh McDaniels doesn't care if he loses the team, every member of this team knows he is on borrowed time.......you either buy what he's selling or you are gone.......

McD also knows HE is on borrowed time. If this team doesn't succeed he won't have the amount of time Shanny did, he'll be more like Wade Philips.

NameUsedBefore
06-21-2009, 03:26 AM
If McDaniels is gone in 2-years he will be on a new tier of super-ridiculous-fail for head coaches.

Davii
06-21-2009, 03:36 AM
If McDaniels is gone in 2-years he will be on a new tier of super-ridiculous-fail for head coaches.

As would Bowlen be on a new tier for super-ridiculous-fail for owners. Wait, nevermind, that tier is bought and paid for by Mr. Davis.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 03:43 AM
McD also knows HE is on borrowed time. If this team doesn't succeed he won't have the amount of time Shanny did, he'll be more like Wade Philips.

You could be right.

Honestly, I don't think Bowlen holds Doogie responsible for any of this, if Denver struggles, Bowlen has Cutler and Shanahan (Not to mention Daniel Snyder and Jerry Jones) to blame for everything.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 03:50 AM
Say what you want about Al Davis, but he never traded next years potentially high No1 pick because he was afraid of the money that is attached to it, that appears to be exactly what the Broncos have just done.

We have no way of knowing for sure, but Sandy Clough and others have said it is a very good possibility, if that's true, that is Bush League/Colorado Rockies bullshit.......

roomemp
06-21-2009, 07:57 AM
Say what you want about Al Davis, but he never traded next years potentially high No1 pick because he was afraid of the money that is attached to it, that appears to be exactly what the Broncos have just done.

We have no way of knowing for sure, but Sandy Clough and others have said it is a very good possibility, if that's true, that is Bush League/Colorado Rockies bullshit.......

:tsk:

scott.475
06-21-2009, 09:18 AM
This off-season sucks so bad. And to think I was actually a little excited to see what might happen after Shanny got fired.

BroncoWave
06-21-2009, 11:08 AM

Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe the crap you post or if you're just trolling. Comments like this really make me wonder.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-21-2009, 11:09 AM
I'm just not looking forward to making one of NFLN's "Top 10" lists for worst coaching moves. I can see it now... "First McDaniels traded away the franchise QB, then the pro-bowl WR, then more guys followed..."

Tned
06-21-2009, 11:56 AM

What is the average lenght of tenure for a first time head coach? I would guess it is somewhere between 2 and 3 years.

The 'odds' are that McD will be gone within three years. I 'hope' he is here 15 years from now, but the odds are much higher that he will be gone before the end of this third year, than that he makes it 10 years has Denver's head coach.

Tned
06-21-2009, 11:59 AM
This off-season sucks so bad. And to think I was actually a little excited to see what might happen after Shanny got fired.

Yea, when it it happened, I was a little in shock, but could understand why the move was made.

Once the shock wore off, I'm thinking, "well, we have one of the better offenses in the NFL, with a young, stud QB and two WRs -- a great offensive line, an offense that was very good, but with tons of upside. If we can get a coach in that just makes our defense middle of the pack, we could go a long way."

Things didn't proceed this off season quite the way I expected.

Northman
06-21-2009, 12:06 PM

Man, your right. With the Raiders winning 5 straight Super Bowls the last 5 years because he didnt do that is mind boggling as to why the Broncos would even consider it.

pnbronco
06-21-2009, 12:09 PM
Yea, when it it happened, I was a little in shock, but could understand why the move was made.

Once the shock wore off, I'm thinking, "well, we have one of the better offenses in the NFL, with a young, stud QB and two WRs -- a great offensive line, an offense that was very good, but with tons of upside. If we can get a coach in that just makes our defense middle of the pack, we could go a long way."

Things didn't proceed this off season quite the way I expected.

Well I guess you can look at it like the whole half full / half empty type of thing. Think about what we normal talk about in the off season. I mean I think the "Pie" had as many hits last off season. So from a developer side, it's been good for your (our) site. OK well Miss Rosey will get back to counting frames for the tourn tomorrow....:D

Tned
06-21-2009, 12:11 PM

Yea, you have NO way of knowing for sure. Considering after the draft Bowlen commented about how McDaniels made rookie mistakes in the draft and offseason, there is FAR more evidence that Bowlen was unhappy with McDaniels trading next years first for a small, slow corner than he was pushing it.

pnbronco
06-21-2009, 12:12 PM

You know I have wondered if Davis had a time machine would he get in it and go back to the hour before he offered Walker that nuts contract and burn it.

WARHORSE
06-21-2009, 12:14 PM
You know I have wondered if Davis had a time machine would he get in it and go back to the hour before he offered Walker that nuts contract and burn it.

Just to prove he was right, he would probably give him more....... :D

Its almost time for some real football..........I caint twait.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-21-2009, 12:39 PM
Yea, you have NO way of knowing for sure. Considering after the draft Bowlen commented about how McDaniels made rookie mistakes in the draft and offseason, there is FAR more evidence that Bowlen was unhappy with McDaniels trading next years first for a small, slow corner than he was pushing it.

I remember Bowlen being critical of some things regarding Josh, but I don't remember him downing his drafting decisions. Do you have a link for this, just curious -- because I'm wondering how long the Alphonso Smith crusade is going to continue.

Tned
06-21-2009, 01:17 PM
I remember Bowlen being critical of some things regarding Josh, but I don't remember him downing his drafting decisions. Do you have a link for this, just curious -- because I'm wondering how long the Alphonso Smith crusade is going to continue.

Until we find out if Smith really is a 'first round talent', McDaniel's decision to trade what could very possibly be a top 5 pick (I sure as hell hope not, but with the changes and schedule...) will be scrutinized.

I'll try and find a link.

Tned
06-21-2009, 01:26 PM

Here's the quote. As I said, we have no way to know for sure whether Bowlen pushed McDaniels to trade next years first to get out of paying a big contract (as Link suggested) or if he was unhappy with the move (or neither). This interview conducted just days after the draft shows that Bowlen was not controlling the draft (since he said he would have preferred they had drafted more defensive players), which would indicate Bowlen didn't force the trade of next year's first and he states that McDaniel's made rookie mistakes (one can only presume he is referring to the handling of the Cutler/Cassel situation and/or the draft).

In a wide-ranging exclusive interview, his first since a chaotic series of events began in mid-December, the Broncos' owner and CEO declares:

• Even now, he doesn't understand why former quarterback Jay Cutler wouldn't return his calls and wanted out of Denver.

• The Broncos will "probably not" win the Super Bowl next season.

• He would have preferred that the Broncos had drafted more defensive players last weekend.

• He has not spoken to Mike Shanahan since he fired him.

• He has turned over additional organizational responsibilities to chief operating officer Joe Ellis.

• He has "absolutely" no plans to sell the franchise.

• His new coach, Josh McDaniels, committed "rookie mistakes," but he fully supports him and is growing more assured he will be outstanding in the long term.

• His health "is good," but he has experienced "short-term memory loss" in recent months.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12281980

Shazam!
06-21-2009, 01:50 PM
I hope McD succeeds wildly not only because I want the team to win but to make a LOT of people eat crow.

Tned
06-21-2009, 01:58 PM
I hope McD succeeds wildly not only because I want the team to win but to make a LOT of people eat crow.

*******comment removed because I misread Shazam's post*********

Sorry about that, Shazam.

BroncoWave
06-21-2009, 02:09 PM
That's the saddest thing I have ever seen posted on a Bronco Forum.

You can't be serious.

Wanting the Broncos to succeed wildly is sad?

If the McD haters are eating crow, that means the Broncos are doing well. How the hell is that sad?

Tned
06-21-2009, 02:19 PM
You can't be serious.

Wanting the Broncos to succeed wildly is sad?

If the McD haters are eating crow, that means the Broncos are doing well. How the hell is that sad?

My bad, I misread it. I did not see the 'only' in that. I thought he said "not because I want the Broncos to win".

My mistake.

Timmy!
06-21-2009, 02:35 PM
Can we rename the Broncos Talk section into "THE SKY IS FALLING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" It would makes things a lot easier. TIA.

Tned
06-21-2009, 02:38 PM
Can we rename the Broncos Talk section into "THE SKY IS FALLING RUN FOR YOUR LIVES!" It would makes things a lot easier. TIA.

No, I think that name is reserved for the Politics forum ;)

Requiem / The Dagda
06-21-2009, 04:32 PM
Until we find out if Smith really is a 'first round talent', McDaniel's decision to trade what could very possibly be a top 5 pick (I sure as hell hope not, but with the changes and schedule...) will be scrutinized.

I'll try and find a link.

I don't have a problem with it because Alphonso was a first-round talent on a lot of boards and was regarded as one of the top three pure corners in the draft. His career at Wake Forest was impeccable and he was a record setter. Given the fact we got rid of Bly, Champ's aging and that our depth there isn't that solid -- moving to get a future player at the position was a smart idea.

The talk of Smith just being a nickelback in the NFL is absolutely garbage. He's a starter, and I expect him to have an opportunity to get into that mode by season's end over Goodman. He is not a slow player on the field and although he's just 5'9 -- he plays bigger than that. He's a football player, and I'm glad that we were able to get him.

Mortgaging a first-rounder, a potentially high one, is a little concerning -- but I'd rather have players who can help us now and moving forward and not have to have the financial obligation to a top five or ten draft pick. At any case, I'd be extremely surprised if Smith didn't do well in Denver. I don't gush about a lot of players, but Smith is a hell of a corner. If he was 5'11 and not 5'9 and 3'4 or whatever; the conversations of this being a bad pick probably wouldn't be happening. As mentioned, the only thing questionable would be the trade value; but if Smith ends up being a Pro-Bowl corner in the future, or even a quality starter -- I think the trade was well worth it.

dogfish
06-21-2009, 05:17 PM

depends. . . . it depends on just how well he does, what selection the pick we traded ends up being, and just how badly we need the help next year. . . if smith is an antoine winfield clone and doogie can put a playoff team on the field, the complaints will probably be minimal. . .

OTOH. . . if our efense is as bad as last year's and we miss out on the chance to add a bigtime differencemaker, people are probably going to be pretty damn bitter-- starting with myself. . . and rightfully so. . . if seattle uses our selection to pick eric berry, and he turns out to be the next ed reed, or if we miss out on terrance cody, who proves to be a jamaal williams type of player while we're stck with ronald fields, then it's going to go on a looong damn time. . .

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 06:09 PM
Sometimes I wonder if you actually believe the crap you post or if you're just trolling. Comments like this really make me wonder.

Believe what you want, because one thing you do not have to wonder about is whether or not it makes any difference to me.

The comment that so confounded you was nothing more than an observation that McDaniels doesn't care which players are buying into what he's selling, those that do not are gone.

He is going to do it his way, and any player that doesn't buy into The Patriot Way, regardless of who that player is, will no longer be a part of the team. It really is that simple.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 06:22 PM
Eat crow my ass! When Josh McDaniels wins his second championship, I'll be asking "Where's the third in four years?".

Uh uh! I expect the world from Josh McDaniels, if he's going to act like the best Head Coach of the Modern Era, he better deliver like the best Head Coach of the Modern Era.

I will never get off his back. Bank on it.......

nevcraw
06-21-2009, 07:27 PM

Not me man.. I will be ecstatic to see them win - but you can never convince me the events of the last several months were the best course of action, wether he succeeds or not.

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 07:48 PM

Yeah, you're right, link...like always....

McD, in his FIRST stint as HC, KNOWINGLY is going to screw the pooch. All with the knowledge that he may never get another chance in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

And, ooooohhhh...what a CONCEPT! A HC EXPECTING his players to fall in line or else.

Gee....I wonder if a manager of a business would send employees packing if they didn't follow company rules/expectations. :coffee:

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 07:52 PM

And Sandy Clough is a moron.

McD & co. tried to trade the later 1st rd pick, but SEA wouldn't go for it.

Wake up and quit with the black helicopter bullshit, already. :lol:

Tned
06-21-2009, 07:57 PM
Mortgaging a first-rounder, a potentially high one, is a little concerning -- but I'd rather have players who can help us now and moving forward and not have to have the financial obligation to a top five or ten draft pick. At any case, I'd be extremely surprised if Smith didn't do well in Denver. I don't gush about a lot of players, but Smith is a hell of a corner. If he was 5'11 and not 5'9 and 3'4 or whatever; the conversations of this being a bad pick probably wouldn't be happening. As mentioned, the only thing questionable would be the trade value; but if Smith ends up being a Pro-Bowl corner in the future, or even a quality starter -- I think the trade was well worth it.

Well, the potential high first rounder next year is the whole issue. If Smith ends up being a pro-bowler, you probably right that it will be worth it. On the flip side, if Smith doesn't even win the nickel spot this year, we wind up with a top 5 pick, where we could get the big time safety or corner coming out next year (can't remember their names), or possibly a QB if Orton tanks, then it will be second guessed for a long time.

Like with a lot moves this offseason, only time will tell.

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 07:57 PM

Gee, tned....

...if you're going to go to the trouble of digging up such extensive adjectives for him, maybe you should also include his accomplishment ON the field?

Just a thought. :listen:

Tned
06-21-2009, 08:16 PM
Eat crow my ass! When Josh McDaniels wins his second championship, I'll be asking "Where's the third in four years?".

Uh uh! I expect the world from Josh McDaniels, if he's going to act like the best Head Coach of the Modern Era, he better deliver like the best Head Coach of the Modern Era.

I will never get off his back. Bank on it.......

Ahhh, in other words you will not base your evaluation of his performance in anything reality based. Just going to hate for hate sake. Gotcha. It's nice to have the disclaimer posted now, so we can refer to it in the unlikely chance he does go on to win SB's in short order.

Northman
06-21-2009, 08:23 PM
He is going to do it his way, and any player that doesn't buy into The Patriot Way, regardless of who that player is, will no longer be a part of the team. It really is that simple.......

This is the biggest crock of shit ive ever read from you. Every team has "their" way and if certain players dont want to be a part of it they are removed either by their own accord or through the FO. It isnt like the Patriots are the only team to try and sell their "way" to the players.

dogfish
06-21-2009, 08:30 PM
McD & co. tried to trade the later 1st rd pick, but SEA wouldn't go for it.

then maybe we should have told them to get bent. . . . i don't think much of our FO's "bargaining power" if they just agree to whatever terms the other guy wants. . . .

how you gonna feel if we miss out on a shot at bradford, rc?

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 08:41 PM
then maybe we should have told them to get bent. . . . i don't think much of our FO's "bargaining power" if they just agree to whatever terms the other guy wants. . . .

how you gonna feel if we miss out on a shot at bradford, rc?

Well, your question begs a question of it's own, dog.

1. Do you expect denver to have the worst record in the NFL? Because more than likely, Bradford will be the #1.

Myself, I'd rather they get one of the Dlinemen from OU.

But either way, SEA had the pick to trade, so they had 'hand'. And they might have just pulled a slight coup in the process.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-21-2009, 08:43 PM
If the Denver Broncos had Alphonso Smith ranked as their top corner (IIRC, he was their top guy, surely a first-rounder) and he is there at #37 and want to get him, the front office really shouldn't be scrutinized for getting a good player they wanted. I mean, had we traded our future-first to not get a good talent or a questionable player -- I'd probably be a little more pissed; but Alphonso was a top player at his position defensively and is an extremely great special teams player. He'll bring improvements on several areas. You don't always get what you want in trade demands and sometimes have to do a little more to get the player you want. Just like Mike had to do throwing a third and what was it, a fifth or a sixth to move up a few slots to get Jarvis Moss. All relative.

At any case, I wouldn't want to spent a top five pick on Eric Berry -- and I'm glad we won't be getting that opportunity since we already seem to have drafted quality secondary players for the future. I just hope Smith turns out to be a great player, and moreover -- that Chicago does worse than us. Best of both worlds.

dogfish
06-21-2009, 08:49 PM
Well, your question begs a question of it's own, dog.

1. Do you expect denver to have the worst record in the NFL? Because more than likely, Bradford will be the #1.

Myself, I'd rather they get one of the Dlinemen from OU.

But either way, SEA had the pick to trade, so they had 'hand'. And they might have just pulled a slight coup in the process.

who knows what to expect from this team? very raw rookie head coach plus basically new coaching staff across the board minus one or two holdovers, absolute shit defense that didn't get nearly as much help in the front seven as most people thought they needed, big downgrade from a talent standpoint at the most important position. . . of course, there's also some potential with plenty of returning talent on offense (less if we trade marshall, though), and some veteran additions on D. . . with so many new faces plus tons of question marks, how do you really make any kind of prediction? this team has been run by shenanigans so long that we really have little to no idea what to expect. . .

but, with what looks from here to be an absolutely brutal schedule, i unfortunately don't think a top-five pick is out of the question, at all. . . especially if we get the injury bug again. . . in any case, whether it's likely or not, that's why you protect yourself and don't trade away those future number ones unless it's to address a premiere position like quarterback or left tackle. . . and the thing is, even if that pick doesn't prove to be in the top three, with two picks next year we would have had tons of ammo to move up if need be. . . and as for bradford being the number one, i do think it's quite possible, but it's still way too far out to predict that-- a lot can happen between now and then. . . but i see very little chance of him being within our reach now, and it's a real disappointment to me. . .

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 08:52 PM
Yeah, you're right, link...like always....

McD, in his FIRST stint as HC, KNOWINGLY is going to screw the pooch. All with the knowledge that he may never get another chance in the NFL.

:rolleyes:

And, ooooohhhh...what a CONCEPT! A HC EXPECTING his players to fall in line or else.

Gee....I wonder if a manager of a business would send employees packing if they didn't follow company rules/expectations. :coffee:

Not what I'm saying, shocking that my point escapes you.......he doesn't think he's screwing the pooch here and has every intention of being around long enough to stack this team with players that buy his bullshit.

You're finally right about one thing, though, I'd tell you what but you'd just miss the point.......

Requiem / The Dagda
06-21-2009, 08:55 PM
Alphonso over Bradford!

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:00 PM
This is the biggest crock of shit ive ever read from you. Every team has "their" way and if certain players dont want to be a part of it they are removed either by their own accord or through the FO. It isnt like the Patriots are the only team to try and sell their "way" to the players.

So I'm right? That's exactly my point, I don't see what's got you bent out of shape, other than the fact that you take my point as a form of criticism.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:07 PM
Ahhh, in other words you will not base your evaluation of his performance in anything reality based. Just going to hate for hate sake. Gotcha. It's nice to have the disclaimer posted now, so we can refer to it in the unlikely chance he does go on to win SB's in short order.

I will never like Josh McDaniels, even if he wins 3 out of 4.......truth be told, I didn't like Mike Shanahan either.

But understand one thing, my evaluation of his performance will be one of the few around here that is based on reality, not on bullshit propaganda and hype. Post that disclaimer.......

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 09:11 PM
Not what I'm saying, shocking that my point escapes you.......he doesn't think he's screwing the pooch here and has every intention of being around long enough to stack this team with players that buy his bullshit.

You're finally right about one thing, though, I'd tell you what but you'd just miss the point.......

Originally Posted by Link View Post

Either you can't put your thoughts to words, or you don't know what you're saying.

I'm pretty sure I know which, but you'd miss the point.

Tned
06-21-2009, 09:25 PM
I will never like Josh McDaniels, even if he wins 3 out of 4.......truth be told, I didn't like Mike Shanahan either.

But understand one thing, my evaluation of his performance will be one of the few around here that is based on reality, not on bullshit propaganda and hype. Post that disclaimer.......

You just posted two contradictory statements. You have stated that even if he wins 3 out of 4 SB's, you will not consider it good enough, but you 'claim' yours will be the only evaluation based in reality. LMAO. Ok.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:26 PM
Either you can't put your thoughts to words, or you don't know what you're saying.

I'm pretty sure I know which, but you'd miss the point.

Josh McDaniels will stock this team with players that buy his bullshit.......he doesn't matter to McDaniels which players those turn out to be.......if he loses 53 he doesn't care, he'll just sign more 30-something has-been's and never-were's. That's how he thinks, he doesn't care if Champ Bailey/Ryan Clady buy into the message, he'll just replace him.

I just can't put my thoughts to words that you understand. I mean, you don't honestly think he cares what Ryan Harris thinks, do you?

Considering how many new players that were brought in this off-season, he'd just bring in as many next offseason and keep going until everybody either buy's his bullshit, or he's actually proven his actions are more than just impotent posturing.......

Shazam!
06-21-2009, 09:30 PM
I hope he wins BIG in Denver so people like you will shut the **** up spewing garbage like this all day long.

Tned
06-21-2009, 09:34 PM
I hope he wins BIG in Denver so people like you will shut the **** up spewing garbage like this all day long.

He just stated that if McD leads Denver to SB wins in a three out of four year stretch, he will still spew. :confused:

Shazam!
06-21-2009, 09:38 PM
It's easy to say that. If he wins he'd be 'Kid Genius' in Denver and the normal sane person who bashed him senselessly will gladly eat their crow. Otherwise, it's just trolling and I question if they're even a fan.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:38 PM
You just posted two contradictory statements. You have stated that even if he wins 3 out of 4 SB's, you will not consider it good enough, but you 'claim' yours will be the only evaluation based in reality. LMAO. Ok.

Not contradictory at all, he acts like Bill Belichick and I expect Bill Belichick.......but that doesn't mean I can't evaluate him fairly, I had no problem giving Mike Shanahan credit when credit was due, I had no problem giving Brian Griese credit when credit was due.......same with Bill Romanowski, I hated him with a passion. Clinton Poorti$.

It's possible to not like a player/coach and give them credit when it's due, but that doesn't mean he's satisfied my expectations, if he turns out to be a John Fox, I'd give him credit for being a heck of a coach but that will not be nearly enough.

I expect SB's in bunches because that's who Doogie thinks he is, that's when I'll be eating crow.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:40 PM
It's easy to say that. If he wins he'd be 'Kid Genius' in Denver and the normal sane person who bashed him senselessly will gladly eat their crow. Otherwise, it's just trolling and I question if they're even a fan.

I'll look forward to being banned.......

Shazam!
06-21-2009, 09:44 PM
Yes, if the Broncos became anywhere close to as good as the Patriots that would be so terrible. I would be so mad about it. I don't know how I would live with myself.

The problem is you set no bar. If he wins he still sucks, if he loses 'I told you so'.

That doesn't work. Sorry.

BroncoWave
06-21-2009, 09:58 PM
Yes, if the Broncos became anywhere close to as good as the Patriots that would be so terrible. I would be so mad about it. I don't know how I would live with myself.

The problem is you set no bar. If he wins he still sucks, if he loses 'I told you so'.

That doesn't work. Sorry.

I think it's pointless to feed this troll any further. He's shown his true colors in this thread more clearly than ever before. I think this is a good time to whip out the ignore feature.

Northman
06-21-2009, 10:04 PM
So I'm right? That's exactly my point, I don't see what's got you bent out of shape, other than the fact that you take my point as a form of criticism.......

Then i dont understand your hate propaganda. The whole idea of winning a championship is too have players who buy into the system that is being presented to them. If the players we currently have buy into McD's system and we win championships as a result how is that a bad thing? I dont get it. :confused:

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 10:13 PM
I never said anything about being mad or any BS like that, I'm talking about the difference between what I expect and evaluating fairly.

I expect the world of Josh McDaniels, but I will be as fair as anybody here when it comes to giving him credit, and you know I'll be there with the criticism. Just like it is in real honest to goodness reality.

But when it comes to eating crow, I never predicted total and complete failure, I never predicted anything but the possibility of a very rough 2009 season, a rough season that was in the cards long before Josh McDaniels ever became the apple of Pat Bowlen's eye.

I said he'll never be Bill Belichick and that he has no business acting like he is.......I said he's incompetent and in over his head and he's proven that with his mistakes. I said that the only thing that can save himself from himself would be for him to be the DemiGod coach that he and Broncos fans like to think he is. A tall order for a rookie/first time HC considering that even Mike Shanahan was unable to overcome his personnel mistakes.

In other words, he needs to be one hell of a coach to live down the monumental mistakes he's making so far, and he needs to learn from those mistakes if he's ever going to be one hell of a coach.

Like I said, if he continues to act like the best Head Coach of our generation, he had better deliver like the best Head Coach of our generation, that's where my expectations are.

I've been nothing if not consistent with all of this, I don't know why you would need it explained to you and I don't know why you continue to allow me to rub you raw when the ignore feature is there just for this situation.

You're not taking a bullet to the head, it's relatively painless.......

Denver Native (Carol)
06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Right now we have no clue if McD has made monumental mistakes or not. Whether he has or not, will be determined when the regular season starts - or should I say ends

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 10:21 PM
Then i dont understand your hate propaganda. The whole idea of winning a championship is too have players who buy into the system that is being presented to them. If the players we currently have buy into McD's system and we win championships as a result how is that a bad thing? I dont get it. :confused:

That's just it, I never set out to say it was a bad thing.......I never said anything other than Josh McDaniels doesn't care if he loses players.......listen, it doesn't matter to him who buys in just as long as he has a team that buys in.

For better or worse, you people need to get it through your head, when it comes to the Denver Broncos it is all about Josh McDaniels, and he's doesn't much give a shit if he has to trade Ryan Clady/Harris for Matt Light.

Ya'll wanna think the players currently on this team matter, they don't.......

Shazam!
06-21-2009, 10:30 PM
I will never like Josh McDaniels, even if he wins 3 out of 4...

my evaluation of his performance will be one of the few around here that is based on reality...

but that doesn't mean I can't evaluate him fairly...

You sir, are clueless. These comments prove it.

Your 'evaluation' is biased, irrelevant, and just hateful.

I don't care if daisies grow out of his butt. If he turns this team around from mediocrity I'll be happy. Most Broncos fans will be too.

Northman
06-21-2009, 10:40 PM
That's just it, I never set out to say it was a bad thing.......I never said anything other than Josh McDaniels doesn't care if he loses players.......listen, it doesn't matter to him who buys in just as long as he has a team that buys in.

For better or worse, you people need to get it through your head, when it comes to the Denver Broncos it is all about Josh McDaniels, and he's doesn't much give a shit if he has to trade Ryan Clady/Harris for Matt Light.

Ya'll wanna think the players currently on this team matter, they don't.......

Sorry to break the news to you Link but no team really care about the players. At least the majority of them. Sure, the Mannings and Brady's will always have a home where they are at but thats because they've actually accomplished something. They also have great character in general so naturally a boss will go out of his way for you if your a straight and narrow guy. Meanwhile, guys like Owens, Henry, Pac Man, (maybe Marsahll) will be league journeymen because they have too many character problems. Sure, Owens doesnt get into off the field trouble but he is a lockeroom cancer and when things arent centered around him he causes issues that Coach's and Owners just dont want to tolerate in the long run. But yea, 90% of the players in this league dont matter to their coaches. You act like Denver is the only team to trade or release players who dont buy into what they are teaching.

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 10:48 PM

I don't care if daisies grow out of his butt. If he turns this team around from mediocrity I'll be happy. Most Broncos fans will be too.

Well, we DO have to remember who he roots for in college. ;)

Talk about failed HC's over the last 10 years!

He's prolly so used to sucking hind teet, that he figures having lower
expectations is easier to deal with than getting his hopes up. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, he's making zero sense.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 10:58 PM
Sorry to break the news to you Link but no team really care about the players. At least the majority of them. Sure, the Mannings and Brady's will always have a home where they are at but thats because they've actually accomplished something. They also have great character in general so naturally a boss will go out of his way for you if your a straight and narrow guy. Meanwhile, guys like Owens, Henry, Pac Man, (maybe Marsahll) will be league journeymen because they have too many character problems. Sure, Owens doesnt get into off the field trouble but he is a lockeroom cancer and when things arent centered around him he causes issues that Coach's and Owners just dont want to tolerate in the long run. But yea, 90% of the players in this league dont matter to their coaches. You act like Denver is the only team to trade or release players who dont buy into what they are teaching.

I never acted like the Broncos are different from anything, I said Josh McDaniels doesn't care about losing the players and this entire board wet their freaking pants.......

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 11:10 PM
I never acted like the Broncos are different from anything, I said Josh McDaniels doesn't care about losing the players and this entire board wet their freaking pants.......

....only at your moronic statement that makes him somehow different than the other 31 HC's.

The idea, in case you weren't told this, is to put the BEST 53 on the roster.

There....hopefully you can sleep now.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 11:16 PM

Bullshit, unlike you are doing now, I can dislike somebody and give them an once of credit.......Also what will make me happy and what I expect from Josh McDaniels are two different things.......at least I have a clue as to the difference in that dynamic.

I don't much care if you think my 'evaluation' (Tned's use of the word, not mine Shazam!) is biased, irrelevant, and just hateful, and I don't much care if you think I'm clueless.......my identity as a Broncos fan does not hinge on you and your opinion.......

Well, we DO have to remember who he roots for in college. ;)

Talk about failed HC's over the last 10 years!

He's prolly so used to sucking hind teet, that he figures having lower
expectations is easier to deal with than getting his hopes up. :rolleyes:

Otherwise, he's making zero sense.

That "failed HC" pretty much ruined BoomerSooner's chance at a National Title a couple of season's ago, didn't he? Yeah.......you might wanna wait to run your limp wristed smack at HC's that have proven they can beat your HC until your HC stops shitting down his leg in big games.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 11:22 PM
....only at your moronic statement that makes him somehow different than the other 31 HC's.

The idea, in case you weren't told this, is to put the BEST 53 on the roster.

There....hopefully you can sleep now.

It's only different with Doogie in that it could be a talent like Ryan Clady that's thrown away as much as it could be Vernon Fox.......

Northman
06-22-2009, 08:04 AM
It's only different with Doogie in that it could be a talent like Ryan Clady that's thrown away as much as it could be Vernon Fox.......

You never did answer my question in regards to if he wins a couple of championships within the next couple of years. Are you still going to hate him for that?

Tned
06-22-2009, 08:11 AM
You never did answer my question in regards to if he wins a couple of championships within the next couple of years. Are you still going to hate him for that?

He has posted elsewhere that even if he wins SB's in three out of four years, he will still hate him and will not give him credit, because it won't be good enough.

Some BS about the fact that McDaniels is presenting himself as the best coach in the NFL, therefore if he doesn't win the SB every year, he hasn't lived up to expectations McDaniels has created. That's the best I can interpret, because the posts are kind of all over the place.

powderaddict
06-22-2009, 12:10 PM
Say what you want about Al Davis, but he never traded next years potentially high No1 pick because he was afraid of the money that is attached to it,

:lol: :laugh:

No, he just overpays bad draft pick after bad draft pick. How's that working out for him again?

You don't actually believe the garbage spewing from your keyboard do you? Even if he wins 3 SB's in a row you'll still hate him :lol: What even funnier is that you consider yourself "objective" haha

rcsodak
06-22-2009, 02:36 PM
Bullshit, unlike you are doing now, I can dislike somebody and give them an once of credit.......Also what will make me happy and what I expect from Josh McDaniels are two different things.......at least I have a clue as to the difference in that dynamic.

I don't much care if you think my 'evaluation' (Tned's use of the word, not mine Shazam!) is biased, irrelevant, and just hateful, and I don't much care if you think I'm clueless.......my identity as a Broncos fan does not hinge on you and your opinion.......

That "failed HC" pretty much ruined BoomerSooner's chance at a National Title a couple of season's ago, didn't he? Yeah.......you might wanna wait to run your limp wristed smack at HC's that have proven they can beat your HC until your HC stops shitting down his leg in big games.......

You seem to have a difficult time staying on topic!

Gee...has this now become the Sooners Forums? If so, giddyup!

Or is that how you divert attention from your "limp wristed" arguments that don't hold enough water to drown a flea.