PDA

View Full Version : I've been perusing the Broncos' 2009 Media Guide . . .

topscribe
06-19-2009, 05:07 PM
. . . And I have noticed a few interesting facts.

BRONCOS' RANKING AMONG LEAGUE LEADERS SINCE 1984:

Number of Winning Seasons - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Number of Regular Season Wins - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Longest Win Streak in NFL History (Regular + Preseason) - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Longest Regular Season Home Win Streak - Denver #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Most Consecutive Undefeated Home Slates - Denver #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Top 5 Home Record - Broncos #1 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Division Titles - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Playoff Appearances - Broncos #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Playoff Games - Broncos #4 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Conference Championship Games - Broncos tied for #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Super Bowl Appearances - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
World Championships - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5, in fact, no other AFCW team has one)

Denver (1998) is one of only 6 teams ever to enjoy a 13-0 Regular Season start. (no other AFCW team has accomplished that)

Interesting, isn't it? :coffee:

-----

OaklandRaider
06-19-2009, 05:22 PM
Tainted Super Bowl Championships - Broncos have two.

:coffee:

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 05:24 PM
But 25 years later, 24-72 later, not appearing in the top 5 in all those categories later, the Raiders still have the most glorious history.

This stuff is Charger repellant. :coffee:

topscribe
06-19-2009, 05:26 PM
I know this is awfully hard to answer, guys.

Keep trying . . . :coffee:

----

OaklandRaider
06-19-2009, 05:31 PM
And yet the Raiders are still the most prestigious team in AFC West history :pound:

Seriously, Donkey fans, if you want go back into History, The Raiders still win. That stuff may work against Discharger fans, but the Raiders? Are you kidding me?

ROFL @ You for posting this thread.

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 05:34 PM
I know this is awfully hard to answer, guys.

Keep trying . . . :coffee:

----
Answer what?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2009, 05:42 PM
Tainted Super Bowl Championships - Broncos have two.

:coffee:

Tainted super bowl championships - jealousy at it's finest :rofl::rofl::rofl:

topscribe
06-19-2009, 06:10 PM
Tainted super bowl championships - jealousy at it's finest :rofl::rofl::rofl:

That was weak, wasn't it?

And did you get the part about the most prestigious team in AFCW history? :pound:

-----

Thnikkaman
06-19-2009, 06:12 PM
But 25 years later, 24-72 later, not appearing in the top 5 in all those categories later, the Raiders still have the most glorious history.

Iff you are old enough to remember it.

Do you remember '76?

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 06:14 PM
Well Top, since that media guide of your's got you all giddy, let's break it down and compare:

Number of Winning Seasons - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
6 more winning seasons and you tie the Raiders, assuming they won’t have any during this time. This is where your smack fits in.

Number of Regular Season Wins - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
405 > 385

By the way, no AFC West team… no, make that no AFL team is in the 400s, and the Cowboys are the only non-original NFL franchise at 400.

Longest Win Streak in NFL History (Regular + Preseason) - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
:lol: PRESEASON? We’re talking about preseason.

Longest Regular Season Home Win Streak - Denver #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Most Consecutive Undefeated Home Slates - Denver #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Top 5 Home Record - Broncos #1 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Can’t deny this one, though this isn’t 1984 anymore, said Oakland and Buffalo late last year.

Division Titles - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Denver STILL trails Oakland by 5 Division Crowns, with a mere 1 this decade and a mere 1 since, oh I don't know, 24-72. Is that on page 6 of the Media Guide?

Playoff Appearances - Broncos #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Denver STILL trails Oakland by 4, even after/during 24-72. Imagine that.

Playoff Games - Broncos #4 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
Denver STILL trails Oakland by 13, even after/during 24-72. Imagine that.

Conference Championship Games - Broncos tied for #3 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
I lost count with Madden… :coffee:

Super Bowl Appearances - Broncos #2 (no other AFCW teams in top 5)
FINALLY! But it should come with something like this:

Super Bowl Ass Whoopins - Broncos #1 (no other NFL team is in league)

World Championships - Broncos #5 (no other AFCW teams in top 5, in fact, no other AFCW team has one)
Don’t do this to yourself or I'll quote every Charger smack comeback this side of 52-21.

Denver (1998) is one of only 6 teams ever to enjoy a 13-0 Regular Season start. (no other AFCW team has accomplished that)
This is icing on your last Championship team, but I could say the Broncos never had a 1-loss season, even if Oakland did it in a 14 game season. But it's how you finish, so Oakland doesn't win this one... it's a push.

So what does this tell us? The Elway and Shanahan eras were good, but (sing along now) they – just - weren’t - good - enufff.

By the way, what's on the cover of the media guide? Oakland usually has their three grand prizes? Does Denver have their two? Or is it picture of a shadowed QB throwing to a shadowed receiver with a big orange and blue question mark and the words "guess who these two players are and win a free McDaniels Bobblehead Doll".

topscribe
06-19-2009, 06:18 PM
Nice try, DS.

But you just can't explain away the numbers. :cool:

-----

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 06:23 PM
Nice try, DS.

But you just can't explain away the numbers. :cool:

-----
I'm not trying to. My last critique was that the era was good, hell it was great even if the Superbowls were penalized for stadium issues or whatever, but the Raiders' media guide trumps the Broncos and will forever trump the Broncos until those said accomplishments by the Silver and Black are matched and/or surpassed.

San Diego is the king of the division now. Oakland is of all time. Denver, only for a convenient block of time.

Only Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Dallas can boast more than the Raiders in terms of the overall, and if they smacked against us we could flail with the head to head record versus. We have something on every single NFL franchise, be it overall accomplishments or head to head. You don't, starting with one particular team in the West.

That's why I don't have to explain away the numbers. Al's boys did it for me. ;)

OaklandRaider
06-19-2009, 06:25 PM
Devilspawn just Owned this whole thread. :coffee:

topscribe
06-19-2009, 06:33 PM
I'm not trying to. My last critique was that the era was good, hell it was great even if the Superbowls were penalized for stadium issues or whatever, but the Raiders' media guide trumps the Broncos and will forever trump the Broncos until those said accomplishments by the Silver and Black are matched and/or surpassed.

San Diego is the king of the division now. Oakland is of all time. Denver, only for a convenient block of time.

Only Pittsburgh, San Francisco and Dallas can boast more than the Raiders in terms of the overall, and if they smacked against us we could flail with the head to head record versus. We have something on every single NFL franchise, be it overall accomplishments or head to head. You don't, starting with one particular team in the West.

That's why I don't have to explain away the numbers. Al's boys did it for me. ;)

DS, you have to go back to the 70s and wade through the years back through
the 60s for the Raiders even to be able to sniff at Denver's overall record.
That is sooooo far back . . . were you even alive back then?

It's been a long, long time since the Raiders have made me feel bad beyond
a single game. And as long as The Corpse is "running" things, it is going to be
even longer.

Now, the figures I presented are since 1984. That's 25 years, a quarter of a
century. If you want to go further, then you compile the figures . . . but be
advised, that will only serve to make your team look even worse because
everyone knows you will have to use ancient statistics.

-----

Hexsal
06-19-2009, 06:48 PM

Charger repellant LOL classic DS mind if I use that one someday?

Hexsal
06-19-2009, 06:53 PM
DS, you have to go back to the 70s and wade through the years back through
the 60s for the Raiders even to be able to sniff at Denver's overall record.
That is sooooo far back . . . were you even alive back then?

It's been a long, long time since the Raiders have made me feel bad beyond
a single game. And as long as The Corpse is "running" things, it is going to be
even longer.

Now, the figures I presented are since 1984. That's 25 years, a quarter of a
century. If you want to go further, then you compile the figures . . . but be
advised, that will only serve to make your team look even worse because
everyone knows you will have to use ancient statistics.

-----

NOt 70s but 80s, early 2000s looked like we had came back to glory and came damb close to winning many championships.

but thats why you have to have the rings to show for it, other wise other teams fans will obscure facts, henz this post, so i hope my chargers fans can learn something from this.

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 06:57 PM
DS, you have to go back to the 70s and wade through the years back through the 60s for the Raiders even to be able to sniff at Denver's overall record.
Ok then, we’ll throw out the 60 and 70s. So for your Broncos, don’t mention anything about 1977.

That is sooooo far back . . . were you even alive back then? It's been a long, long time since the Raiders have made me feel bad beyond a single game. And as long as The Corpse is "running" things, it is going to be even longer. Now, the figures I presented are since 1984. That's 25 years, a quarter of a century. If you want to go further, then you compile the figures . . . but be advised, that will only serve to make your team look even worse because everyone knows you will have to use ancient statistics. -----
But that’s for YOUR media guide.

Here’s the difference. Oakland’s media guide doesn’t exclude the first 24 years. They briefly mention 1960-1962, then it’s 1963-present. They’ve absorbed the blows of the 24-72 era to still dominate this division to the point that their foes have to delete blocks of failure to measure up, Exhibit-A. How can this Raiders franchise be non-existent for 25 years and still be #1 in all those categories I mentioned? Hm?

And yes I do remember the Superbowl of 76, and more vividly 80 and 83. Not all Raiders fans are in their teens.

And don't you talk about the overall goal to Chargers fans? Even the Pats fans who saw their team go 18-1. The Raiders have had one more overall goal reached and it doesn't matter how far back the success was, it still happened. You'll understand 20 years from n... oops, no predictions. My bad.

A more important media guide known as the NFL will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I'm sure they'll include the overall history of all the teams. They should give Denver that block of success for 25 years, just as they’ll mentions the Raiders block of 45 years. And yes that includes the last 6 years because it's still part of the overall.

I’ll give you you’re 25 year block and pat you on your widdle head. Good boy.

topscribe
06-19-2009, 06:58 PM
NOt 70s but 80s, early 2000s looked like we had came back to glory and came damb close to winning many championships.

but thats why you have to have the rings to show for it, other wise other teams fans will obscure facts, henz this post, so i hope my chargers fans can learn something from this.

What?

Oh well, welcome to the Forums. http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdrink.gif

-----

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 06:59 PM
Yep, it's public domain. :D

This offseason is way too long. It's a clash of media guides!! :lol:

topscribe
06-19-2009, 07:03 PM
Ok then, we’ll throw out the 60 and 70s. So for your Broncos, don’t mention anything about 1977.

But I didn't. Neither did the Media Guide . . .

But that’s for YOUR media guide.

Here’s the difference. Oakland’s media guide doesn’t exclude the first 24 years. They briefly mention 1960-1962, then it’s 1963-present. They’ve absorbed the blows of the 24-72 era to still dominate this division to the point that their foes have to delete blocks of failure to measure up, Exhibit-A. How can this Raiders franchise be non-existent for 25 years and still be #1 in all those categories I mentioned? Hm?

And yes I do remember the Superbowl of 76, and more vividly 80 and 83. Not all Raiders fans are in their teens.

And don't you talk about the overall goal to Chargers fans? Even the Pats fans who saw their team go 18-1. The Raiders have had one more overall goal reached and it doesn't matter how far back the success was, it still happened. You'll understand 20 years from n... oops, no predictions. My bad.

A more important media guide known as the NFL will celebrate the 50th anniversary of the AFL. I'm sure they'll include the overall history of all the teams. They should give Denver that block of success for 25 years, just as they’ll mentions the Raiders block of 45 years. And yes that includes the last 6 years because it's still part of the overall.

I’ll give you you’re 25 year block and pat you on your widdle head. Good boy.

That's the difference. Your Raiders don't dare omit the first 24 years. They
have to go back into ancient history.

You remind me of the old-timer saying, "Why, you young whipersnapper! Why,
twenty-five years ago, I'd a . . . " :lol:

-----

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 07:12 PM
But I didn't. Neither did the Media Guide . . .
Wow, it's that bad.

That's the difference. Your Raiders don't dare omit the first 24 years. They
have to go back into ancient history.

You remind me of the old-timer saying, "Why, you young whipersnapper! Why,
twenty-five years ago, I'd a . . . " :lol:

-----
That doesn't make any sense. NFL teams are businesses that are selling their product. Find one business that excludes their success because it was a while back. The introduction to their instruction book reads as follows:

For 49 years, Raider Air Conditioners have been bringing cool air to your homes. (even if their products have been defective for the last six.)

They don't say "For 49 years, Donkey Air Conditioners have been around, but we've only been cooling homes for the last 25 years.

topscribe
06-19-2009, 07:23 PM
Wow, it's that bad.

That doesn't make any sense. NFL teams are businesses that are selling their product. Find one business that excludes their success because it was a while back. The introduction to their instruction book reads as follows:

For 49 years, Raider Air Conditioners have been bringing cool air to your homes. (even if their products have been defective for the last six.)

They don't say "For 49 years, Donkey Air Conditioners have been around, but we've only been cooling homes for the last 25 years.

Talking about air conditioners, Raiders fans ought to be pretty "cool" toward
your product after it has failed to meet specs during all these years. :D

But actually, I remember how the Broncos air conditioner kicked the hell out
of the Raiders air conditioner about 32 years ago.

-----

Devilspawn
06-19-2009, 07:24 PM

-----
But they never beat the Raiders 3 times in one year, which was a FAR more recent event when the Raiders did it... to Elway no less. :shocked:

Midnight Blue
06-20-2009, 03:47 AM
Wow, it's that bad.

Not true... the NFL is a "win now or else.... NFL means 'not-for-long'" business. Past wins are important but no one cares to continue year after year after year in buying a defective product especially when it appears that it's still years away from developing into anything other than utter ineptitude.

Midnight Blue
06-20-2009, 03:51 AM

-----

Would anyone advertise that "we used to have a good product 40 years ago but for the past decade, our air conditioners have failed abysmally. We still want you to buy one though"? Would that be an effective marketing "hook"? I think not.

Devilspawn
06-20-2009, 08:14 AM
Not true... the NFL is a "win now or else.... NFL means 'not-for-long'" business. Past wins are important but no one cares to continue year after year after year in buying a defective product especially when it appears that it's still years away from developing into anything other than utter ineptitude.
Wait, what was that first part? Win now or else. Isn't that the title of Shanahan's exit, which had nothing to do with the accomplishments Denver listed?

Like you're saying, media guides are year to year, to preview the upcoming season, barely mentioning the shortcomings of the season and hyping up the upcoming season to the fans so that they buy into their roster, every single player, coach, film room guy and even the damn cheerleaders. I'm sure the Lions media guide doesn't come with a laugh track, and the attitude of the Cardinals media guide is a complete 360 with more to work on.

Like all business, they're advertising and selling. But we ALL know what the deal is in Oakland and Denver.

And not only that, the description on the below website says that this guide is, and I quote, " 672-page publication full of details about last season and information about this year's squad."

http://www.denverbroncos.com/page.php?id=334&storyID=9109

If someone downloads the media guide, can they tell me if they talk about Orton and the positives he brings to Denver, not getting into the soap opera and nitty gritty of how and why he's in Denver.

If they mention Cutler, will it be in passing, because he sure as hell didn't add to the last 25-year accomplishments. Not a one.

If they talk about Shanahan, will they use words like "just short" instead of "choked"

And did last year's squad:

-Have a Winning Season
-Have a winning streak in the NFL worth mentioning
-Have a winning streak at home worth mentioning
-Have an Undefeated Home Slate worth mentioning
-Own a Top 5 Home Record
-Claim a Division Title
-Make a Playoff Appearance
-Appear in the Conference Championship
-Appear in the Super Bowl
-Claim a World Championship
-Enjoy a 13-0 start

They didn't even do it the year before. Is there anyone on the roster that added to any of those accomplishments? In other words, did they play more like the last 25 years or the first 24?

Heck, Oakland's been horrific the last six years, but at least they can have an in depth interview with their kickers about what it takes to MAKE the Superbowl and what this squad can do to make that happen. Denver will have to bring back retired players to do so, unless I'm missing a player on the current roster that wa on the 1998 team. They could bring back Elway to talk about winning it all, the Raiders could bring back Plunkett.

And Stabler.

Oakland didn't do any of their past accomplishments obviously. But I'm sure the guide will list hordes of positives and when the mention the negative, they'll sugar coat it. Trust me, I've had a sweet tooth for years now.

Poet
06-20-2009, 12:05 PM

That is far from true. Dallas is still a huge name in the NFL and they have not won a SB in a very long time. The same thing for the 49ers. The fact of the matter is that when you compare a franchise you compare all of it. Omitting history for good or for bad is weak.

Teams that have great traditions always sell more merchandise or whatever then most teams. It goes with the "allure" of the franchise. That's why even though the Raiders blow right now and are far far away from Springfield Illinois I still see a fair amount of people wearing Raiders gear.

Now, even though the Raiders have the edge in the all-time franchise category, I would point out that the Raiders had their dynasty when it was at its easiest to do. The Broncos did it in the era of free agency.

To me that is why the Patriots dynasty is the most impressive of all time. That being said, both franchises are amongst the elite when compared to the rest of the NFL.

The top three franchises are cemented in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Dallas. After those three Denver,Oakland, Green Bay, and New England look to be the the rest of the elite. I suppose Miami's name should be in there too. I suppose if New England wins another Super Bowl they would be catapulted up with the big 3.

Northman
06-20-2009, 12:54 PM

Thats ok, another decade under Davis and 4-12 records it will be even more glorious. :D

Midnight Blue
06-20-2009, 02:10 PM
That is far from true. Dallas is still a huge name in the NFL and they have not won a SB in a very long time. The same thing for the 49ers. The fact of the matter is that when you compare a franchise you compare all of it. Omitting history for good or for bad is weak.

Teams that have great traditions always sell more merchandise or whatever then most teams. It goes with the "allure" of the franchise. That's why even though the Raiders blow right now and are far far away from Springfield Illinois I still see a fair amount of people wearing Raiders gear.

Now, even though the Raiders have the edge in the all-time franchise category, I would point out that the Raiders had their dynasty when it was at its easiest to do. The Broncos did it in the era of free agency.

To me that is why the Patriots dynasty is the most impressive of all time. That being said, both franchises are amongst the elite when compared to the rest of the NFL.

The top three franchises are cemented in Pittsburgh, San Francisco, and Dallas. After those three Denver,Oakland, Green Bay, and New England look to be the the rest of the elite. I suppose Miami's name should be in there too. I suppose if New England wins another Super Bowl they would be catapulted up with the big 3.

And since the days of Jimmy Johnson, Dallas has also had a complete "musical chairs" in head coaching... because Jerry Jones will fire his HC if the team struggles (win now or else). Same thing goes for SF since the days of Seifert....

Poet
06-20-2009, 02:29 PM
And since the days of Jimmy Johnson, Dallas has also had a complete "musical chairs" in head coaching... because Jerry Jones will fire his HC if the team struggles (win now or else). Same thing goes for SF since the days of Seifert....

That is true. But the franchise accomplishments are always there. That is why they mean so much. Is it really that much different from a team like the Broncos who kept their head coach long after his glory days with marginal results?

After a long stay of domination, which all the aforementioned teams had (including your Broncos) it is hard as hell to stay on top. Some teams spent so much of their resources on keeping their team dominant that after it ends it takes forever to turn around. Some teams have insane owners, some teams just sorta have bad luck (I think the Broncos would have been able to stay strong for years if Davis didn't have that injury).

Shit happens.

SR
06-20-2009, 02:30 PM

ANOTHER one. :tsk:

Poet
06-20-2009, 02:31 PM

They're like cockroaches.

Midnight Blue
06-20-2009, 02:42 PM
That is true. But the franchise accomplishments are always there. That is why they mean so much. Is it really that much different from a team like the Broncos who kept their head coach long after his glory days with marginal results?

After a long stay of domination, which all the aforementioned teams had (including your Broncos) it is hard as hell to stay on top. Some teams spent so much of their resources on keeping their team dominant that after it ends it takes forever to turn around. Some teams have insane owners, some teams just sorta have bad luck (I think the Broncos would have been able to stay strong for years if Davis didn't have that injury).

Shit happens.

Yes, the franchise accomplishments are always there... but the primary goal is to have new and current team accomplishments to go with the older ones. :)

Poet
06-20-2009, 02:52 PM
Yes, the franchise accomplishments are always there... but the primary goal is to have new and current team accomplishments to go with the older ones. :)

Sure, but exactly what is your point? If you are talking smack to the Raiders all they have to point out is that neither team has done jack shit in forever and missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Sure, you got closer, but they also made the Sb this decade.

That being said, that franchise is looking at another 5+ years of pain. Darrius Heyward-Bay or whatever his name is may go down as the worst draft pick ever.

Northman
06-20-2009, 02:59 PM

Its ok, by mid season they will disappear again when the light of them going 4-12 rears its head again. :lol:

Devilspawn
06-20-2009, 03:13 PM
Yep. Oakland hasn't added to most of the accomplishments on that list since 2002. Denver hasn't since 2005.

Denver's going through massive, uncertain change right now. During the last 25 years, they had little change but the vital parts during that period were the two constants, Elway and Shahanan. The ultimate success came when the two overlapped. Elway is long gone. Now with Shanahan gone, this is a new era in Denver.

One thing the Raiders can sell is that they've been to the SB with four different sets of coach/quarterback in four different decades. No other franchise has done that. I don't blame the Cowboys for talking about their dynasty or even their SB appearances, even if it's been 12 years. Shouldn't matter.

SR
06-20-2009, 03:57 PM
No, it shouldn't, but it does. Personally, I don't care about what a team did in the distant past. It's nice that Denver won back-to-back Super Bowls, but it doesn't really have relevance NOW. Right NOW is what matters to me, because as good as a team was in the past isn't going to make them good right NOW.

Devilspawn
06-20-2009, 04:18 PM
Believe me, Raiders fans love what the team did, but most are tired of hearing about it... just not tired of talking about it. :D

SR
06-21-2009, 02:04 AM
Well what ever you guys have to do to deflect the fact that for the past six years you've been the worst performing NFL franchise in the entire league.

Midnight Blue
06-21-2009, 02:19 AM
Sure, but exactly what is your point? If you are talking smack to the Raiders all they have to point out is that neither team has done jack shit in forever and missing the playoffs is missing the playoffs. Sure, you got closer, but they also made the Sb this decade.

That being said, that franchise is looking at another 5+ years of pain. Darrius Heyward-Bay or whatever his name is may go down as the worst draft pick ever.

My point is that in today's NFL, multiple consecutive losing seasons often = local blackout of home games due to empty seats in the stadium. The Broncos haven't experienced this, but it's almost a "given" for Oakland lately....

SR
06-21-2009, 02:21 AM
I think it's like that for every team. If the home games aren't sold out, they don't air on the home stations. The Cardinals were always like that.

Midnight Blue
06-21-2009, 02:45 AM
I think it's like that for every team. If the home games aren't sold out, they don't air on the home stations. The Cardinals were always like that.

Right... but don't you think frequent blackouts might be an indication of fan displeasure with perennial 5-or-fewer-win seasons? I suspect there could be a connection....

OaklandRaider
06-22-2009, 03:57 AM
Well what ever you guys have to do to deflect the fact that for the past six years you've been the worst performing NFL franchise in the entire league.

And yet we still won more playoff games, and more division titles since 00. :lol: I bet that burns.

The Broncos have won games, but they don't win when it matters. You guys had the chance in 05, but you let the 6th seeded Steelers beat you

At least the Raiders are up and coming. The Broncos? LOL. Don't make me laugh. In a 5 month span the Broncos have gone from being one of the most respected franchises around the NFL, to a Punchline. All thanks to Joshy. Tell me how the cellar taste. :coffee:

Midnight Blue
06-22-2009, 04:59 AM
And yet we still won more playoff games, and more division titles since 00. :lol: I bet that burns.

The Broncos have won games, but they don't win when it matters. You guys had the chance in 05, but you let the 6th seeded Steelers beat you

At least the Raiders are up and coming. The Broncos? LOL. Don't make me laugh. In a 5 month span the Broncos have gone from being one of the most respected franchises around the NFL, to a Punchline. All thanks to Joshy. Tell me how the cellar taste. :coffee:

You would know... your team's been there for more than half a decade... :coffee:

BoltsOwnU
06-22-2009, 01:19 PM
This thread is clearly the product of all the free time you guys (meaning everyone other than Boltfans) have had in the post-season the last several years. I'll just bookmark it and revive it for ya around week 8 when your teams are already out of contention. :D

I am SURE that when you are watching any team but your own in the post season, this thread is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig comfort.:lol:

OaklandRaider
06-22-2009, 05:28 PM
This thread is clearly the product of all the free time you guys (meaning everyone other than Boltfans) have had in the post-season the last several years. I'll just bookmark it and revive it for ya around week 8 when your teams are already out of contention. :D

I am SURE that when you are watching any team but your own in the post season, this thread is a biiiiiiiiiiiiiiig comfort.:lol:

LOL!

Charger fans are always trying to make themselves seem important.

Devilspawn
06-22-2009, 08:38 PM

I took liberty to look at the table of contents of the Chargers 2008 Media Guide, since I have all that free time:

* Ownership, Coaching & Administration (2.4 MB)
* Veterans & Returning Players (5.8 MB)
* Draft Picks, Undrafted Rookies,1st-YR Players (716 KB)
* 2007 In Review (1.2 MB)
* Records (1.5 MB) :lol:
* Year-By-Year Statistics (2 MB) :lol:
* History (3.1 MB) :lol:
* General Information (2.6 MB)
* Complete 2008 Media Guide (19.2 MB)

That part in red must be a misprint. How can one sentence that reads "We ain't done shit." be 3.1 megs? :confused:

Since you felt that your 2¢ was best used in this here thread rather than publically funding the Chargers new stadium in Los Angeles, I'll ask you this question: Will you be able to contribute anything substantial to the main topic of this thread come season's end?

Bookmarked.

GEM
06-22-2009, 08:59 PM
I took liberty to look at the table of contents of the Chargers 2008 Media Guide, since I have all that free time:

That part in red must be a misprint. How can one sentence that reads "We ain't done shit." be 3.1 megs? :confused:

Since you felt that your 2¢ was best used in this here thread rather than publically funding the Chargers new stadium in Los Angeles, I'll ask you this question: Will you be able to contribute anything substantial to the main topic of this thread come season's end?

Bookmarked.

Effing classic right there!! :laugh:

SR
06-23-2009, 04:00 AM

Maybe you missed us handing Tom Brady his first of two playoff losses and Pittsburgh going on to win the Super Bowl that year? :confused:

SR
06-23-2009, 04:01 AM
LOL!

Charger fans are always trying to make themselves seem important.

In all fairness, the Chargers are the only team in the AFC West that have done anything for the past three years...giving you no room to talk shit about the Chargers.

SR
06-23-2009, 04:02 AM

Bookmarked.

LMGDAO.:lol:

GEM
06-23-2009, 01:42 PM
In all fairness, the Chargers are the only team in the AFC West that have done anything for the past three years...giving you no room to talk shit about the Chargers.

In all fairness, this is the AFCWest we are talking about. Not exactly talking about greatness the last 3 seasons. Not really hard. When you finish the season 8-8 and get in the playoffs over teams like the Patriots who finished 11-5....I think ya know where I'm goin with this.

BoltsOwnU
06-23-2009, 06:45 PM
In all fairness, this is the AFCWest we are talking about. Not exactly talking about greatness the last 3 seasons. Not really hard. When you finish the season 8-8 and get in the playoffs over teams like the Patriots who finished 11-5....I think ya know where I'm goin with this.

Of course I know where you are going. . .

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/broken_record.jpg

BoltsOwnU
06-23-2009, 06:47 PM

Bookmarked.

Well, unlike the Turds and Donks, actually we remain relevant even after the regular season's end while you guys just break out all the old press clippings your parents saved when you were in diapers, you know, back when your teams were relevant instead of pathetic.:D

Devilspawn
06-23-2009, 07:21 PM
Well, unlike the Turds and Donks, actually we remain relevant even after the regular season's end while you guys just break out all the old press clippings your parents saved when you were in diapers, you know, back when your teams were relevant instead of pathetic.:D
I wuz in dipers in 2002? :confused: Tsk tsk.

No, let I show you:

http://www.efootage.com/play-stock-footage-clip/70283/sportssportgamegamescompetitioncompetecompetingcom petitor

That right there is a link to footage of the Chargers first and only Championship of a league long gone. Now if you can hear over the *click* *click* *click* *snap* *pop* *click* of the highlight reel... and I do mean reel, you'll notice things in the video that are out of date today, such as:

*Beehive hairdos
*Long ass horn rimmed glases
*The video's timer clocking ever so visibly in the middle of the screen
*A marching band theme during highlights for a non-collegiate football game
*The same announcer from those "Duck & Cover" videos
*Goal posts IN the endzone

Now it was hard for me to sit through that video on the first try, due to the staggering red hue that makes it look like the game was played on the planet Krypton. But when you get into relevance, the thick of it all, winning and saving press clippings, then behold the 1963 AFL Championship, a game played when The Internet was in diapers. :shocked:

BoltsOwnU
06-23-2009, 08:01 PM
I wuz in dipers in 2002? :confused: Tsk tsk.

No, let I show you:

http://www.efootage.com/play-stock-footage-clip/70283/sportssportgamegamescompetitioncompetecompetingcom petitor

That right there is a link to footage of the Chargers first and only Championship of a league long gone. Now if you can hear over the *click* *click* *click* *snap* *pop* *click* of the highlight reel... and I do mean reel, you'll notice things in the video that are out of date today, such as:

*Beehive hairdos
*Long ass horn rimmed glases
*The video's timer clocking ever so visibly in the middle of the screen
*A marching band theme during highlights for a non-collegiate football game
*The same announcer from those "Duck & Cover" videos
*Goal posts IN the endzone

Now it was hard for me to sit through that video on the first try, due to the staggering red hue that makes it look like the game was played on the planet Krypton. But when you get into relevance, the thick of it all, winning and saving press clippings, then behold the 1963 AFL Championship, a game played when The Internet was in diapers. :shocked:

Good effort. Still, bell-bottoms and/or skinny ties aren't exactly hip anymore either now are they? And again, like your post before it, none of it refutes the plain, inescapable truth of my original post.:D

NorthernLights
06-23-2009, 09:22 PM

Do you want to hear something scary, funny and sad all at the same time. In the last two years, Norv is now tied for first in franchise playoff wins with 3 with Bobby Ross and Don Coryell. Oy~

GEM
06-23-2009, 10:03 PM
Of course I know where you are going. . .

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/broken_record.jpg

Yea...it takes 3 seasons of the Broncos having bad years for the Chargers to do anything. If the argument fits, why change it.

Isn't it odd that all 3 of the other teams in the West have to have down years for the Chargers to do anything and even then, the best they do is 8-8 and take a back road into the playoffs, not on merit of being one of the 8 best teams at the end of the season, but because they won a definitively bad division. GO YOU!

GEM
06-23-2009, 10:04 PM

4 seasons out of 40 hardly counts as relevant. :coffee:

So...8-8 isn't pathetic? I guess that's a pretty good year if you're a Chargers fan.

BoltsOwnU
06-24-2009, 02:27 PM
Yea...it takes 3 seasons of the Broncos having bad years for the Chargers to do anything. If the argument fits, why change it.

Isn't it odd that all 3 of the other teams in the West have to have down years for the Chargers to do anything and even then, the best they do is 8-8 and take a back road into the playoffs, not on merit of being one of the 8 best teams at the end of the season, but because they won a definitively bad division. GO YOU!

It's the Bolts with their foot on your throats giving you the down seasons. :D

I mean really, could our games be more one-sided? Take away a gift from a ref and you guys really are, irrelevant.:coffee: I guess you can focus on last season's record if you like, but it's a hollow argument tailored to meet your feeble logic. Still, transparent as it is, it's cute.:D

GEM
06-24-2009, 02:46 PM
It's the Bolts with their foot on your throats giving you the down seasons. :D

I mean really, could our games be more one-sided? Take away a gift from a ref and you guys really are, irrelevant.:coffee: I guess you can focus on last season's record if you like, but it's a hollow argument tailored to meet your feeble logic. Still, transparent as it is, it's cute.:D

That strangle hold you have on the Broncos sure is filling that trophy case up, isn't it?

:D

BoltsOwnU
06-25-2009, 11:58 AM
That strangle hold you have on the Broncos sure is filling that trophy case up, isn't it?

:D

Even your broken record pic is skipping at this point. :boring:

GEM
06-25-2009, 12:14 PM
Even your broken record pic is skipping at this point. :boring:

How long have I known you BOU? Goin on what like 4 years now? If you want the broken record to stop, all your team has to do is win a Super Bowl. They haven't yet and it's a pretty relevant argument, so....shut me up. Tell that team of yours to win something important and I'll be more than happy to drop the argument. I'm sure I'm not the only person who brings it up to you. It's just too easy. :kiss:

BoltsOwnU
06-28-2009, 07:03 PM
How long have I known you BOU? Goin on what like 4 years now? If you want the broken record to stop, all your team has to do is win a Super Bowl. They haven't yet and it's a pretty relevant argument, so....shut me up. Tell that team of yours to win something important and I'll be more than happy to drop the argument. I'm sure I'm not the only person who brings it up to you. It's just too easy. :kiss:

If it was actually an argument, or even remotely germane to the threads in which you trot it out, Id have more patience for it. Sadly however, it only triggers a pity reflex when I watch it played out mindlessly time and time again.:coffee:

GEM
06-28-2009, 10:50 PM
If it was actually an argument, or even remotely germane to the threads in which you trot it out, Id have more patience for it. Sadly however, it only triggers a pity reflex when I watch it played out mindlessly time and time again.:coffee:

No worries, the Chargers have triggered pity for the past 5 decades. It doesn't make or break my day. I can understand why you huff and puff your chest so proudly, I mean the last 4 years have been the best your team could put together in the last half century, it's just too bad your team never finishes it out.

Devilspawn
06-29-2009, 12:17 AM
No worries, the Chargers have triggered pity for the past 5 decades. It doesn't make or break my day. I can understand why you huff and puff your chest so proudly, I mean the last 4 years have been the best your team could put together in the last half century, it's just too bad your team never finishes it out.
I disagree. I think their first half century's best days were in the mid-early 90s.

1992 - The first, and I believe only team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs, and they even won a playoff, shutting out the Chiefs. Few will remember that they got shutout the very next week, but that was, and still is, a historic team worthy of honors.

1993 - Three AFC West teams made the playoffs this year, but not THIS 8-8 Chargers team, no siree. But they would make up for it the next year when...

1994 - They make the Superbowl, yeeeeeaaah! :flypig:

1995 - Another playoff appearance, but they lost at home by 15 to the pre-Manning Colts.

Fast foward 9 years... *snicker snicker* ...let's count together

Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4 :noidea:
Year 5
Year 6
Year 7 :noidea:
Year 8

Jackpot! Another hot streak of division crowns and playoff appearances. Now I think the 92-95 version was better, not talent wise, but adverse wise. They weren't an 8-8 team that relied on an epic choke. Instead they shutout a division rival in the playoffs, they won the AFC crown in Three Rivers, they made the big dance and they didn't need a 24-72 team to make them look good.

GEM
06-29-2009, 09:04 AM
I disagree. I think their first half century's best days were in the mid-early 90s.

1992 - The first, and I believe only team to start 0-4 and make the playoffs, and they even won a playoff, shutting out the Chiefs. Few will remember that they got shutout the very next week, but that was, and still is, a historic team worthy of honors.

1993 - Three AFC West teams made the playoffs this year, but not THIS 8-8 Chargers team, no siree. But they would make up for it the next year when...

1994 - They make the Superbowl, yeeeeeaaah! :flypig:

1995 - Another playoff appearance, but they lost at home by 15 to the pre-Manning Colts.

Fast foward 9 years... *snicker snicker* ...let's count together

Year 1
Year 2
Year 3
Year 4 :noidea:
Year 5
Year 6
Year 7 :noidea:
Year 8

Jackpot! Another hot streak of division crowns and playoff appearances. Now I think the 92-95 version was better, not talent wise, but adverse wise. They weren't an 8-8 team that relied on an epic choke. Instead they shutout a division rival in the playoffs, they won the AFC crown in Three Rivers, they made the big dance and they didn't need a 24-72 team to make them look good.

Thanks for the breakdown DS. I guess I could have gone to all that trouble, but then again, that would be a waste of time when in the end, it all comes down to the same answer.....Sparklers suck. :D

BoltsOwnU
07-01-2009, 06:53 PM
Thanks for the breakdown DS. I guess I could have gone to all that trouble, but then again, that would be a waste of time when in the end, it all comes down to the same answer.....Sparklers suck. :D

Except if we suck, that makes the Donks and Raiders that much worse.

DS, should we examine the Turd's years following their one-sided choke to TB? It's worse, far worse.

As for the Donks, their slide is just beginning. Oakland will probably dominate them this season.