PDA

View Full Version : Broncos Should Be Heavy Favorites In AFC West

OrangeHoof
06-21-2012, 05:13 PM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-broncos-heavy-favorites-afc-west-fans-191600176--nfl.html

From Yahoo! Sports:

There's roughly 10 weeks until the 2012 NFL season starts, and Denver Broncos (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/teams/den) fans' excitement is growing daily. With continued positive reports (http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/7955626/peyton-manning-shows-zip-throws-denver-broncos-otas) coming out of Broncos headquarters in regards to Peyton Manning (http://sports.yahoo.com/nfl/players/4256)'s recovery, the upcoming season looks very promising. With an improving defense, and the switch to a high-octane offense behind a future Hall of Fame quarterback, the Broncos should dominate their AFC West division.

Just to throw this out there. I think it's too simplistic. Chiefs and Chargers both ought to be better than last year.

topscribe
06-21-2012, 06:03 PM
Check out the comments below that story. Bunch of Dolts fans, obviously.

It's a riot . . . :laugh:

Northman
06-21-2012, 06:13 PM
Brand new year, anybody can win the division. But we do have the best QB in the division and one of the best in the NFL. I feel confident we can win it.

topscribe
06-21-2012, 06:21 PM
Brand new year, anybody can win the division. But we do have the best QB in the division and one of the best in the NFL. I feel confident we can win it.
If our high-draft-choice safeties break out this year, the Broncos may have a
defense to match KC's. Then it will come down to the QBs (heh, heh).

NorCalBronco7
06-21-2012, 06:59 PM
I dont think the Broncos are heavy favorites. They will go 10-6 IMO, but only be ahead of the the next best team by a couple games. The Chargers are still a talented team with an elite Qb. They could catch fire late like they almost always do, so hopefully they get behind early in the season....like they always do. The cheifs are held back by Matt Cassel, but hes a great fit for what they want to do offensively. Their defense is very talented. I would not be surprised if their Denvers biggest threat. The Raiders defense is going to suck because they no longer have a proven outside pass rusher, and not much talent on the defense as it is. Offensively, they will probably do very well, but Palmer has to not turn the ball over as much, and McFaggins has to stay healthy.....and that will never happen.

If the Broncos had more talent at DT and MLB I would be much, much more confident. I still fear teams like the Texans having their way with us. Still, IMO the Broncos are clearly the team to beat because of Manning. And thats the only reason anybody needs.

topscribe
06-21-2012, 07:06 PM
I dont think the Broncos are heavy favorites. They will go 10-6 IMO, but only be ahead of the the next best team by a couple games. The Chargers are still a talented team with an elite Qb. They could catch fire late like they almost always do, so hopefully they get behind early in the season....like they always do. The cheifs are held back by Matt Cassel, but hes a great fit for what they want to do offensively. Their defense is very talented. I would not be surprised if their Denvers biggest threat. The Raiders defense is going to suck because they no longer have a proven outside pass rusher, and not much talent on the defense as it is. Offensively, they will probably do very well, but Palmer has to not turn the ball over as much, and McFaggins has to stay healthy.....and that will never happen.

If the Broncos had more talent at DT and MLB I would be much, much more confident. I still fear teams like the Texans having their way with us. Still, IMO the Broncos are clearly the team to beat because of Manning. And thats the only reason anybody needs.
Del Rio seems to think the Broncos have a good player in Mays. And with
Warren joining the fray, I'm not wringing my hands over DT. It's D.J. I'm
worried about. There is a precipitous dropoff behind him at Will. How could
such an empty head be sitting on top of such a talented body?

Anyway, the best chance the Broncos have of beating KC is Cassel, IMO.

NorCalBronco7
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM

I really do like Mays but he needs to take a big step forward this season. He was just average last season. Hes still getting his feat wet, though, and Del Rio is gonna teach him a lot. Hopefully he can put it all together.

Warren and Wolfe make me feel a lot better than last year on the inside because of the pressure they could create, but I dont see a bonifide run stuffer on the roster and that scares me.

Losing DJ will suck, your right. As much as we all love Woodyard, hes limited in the run game. Hes not the player I want stepping in for DJ on early downs, but thats what its probably going to be. If the Broncos could have one player step up from the later round draft picks or undrafted guys, I hope its a solid, all around OLB. That would be perfect. Its seems like we have one guy blow away expectations every year, so why not.

As far as Cassel, yeah, he beats himself. Its so much easier to set up situations for him to fail by not allowing him the threat of play action. Signing Eric Winston was big, though, and the chiefs have done a good job of building a good offense around him. But if/when the games come down to Cassel moving the ball through the air to win the game, Id bet against him too.

Northman
06-21-2012, 07:23 PM

Great point about Del Rio. As everyone is aware when Nolan was here he turned water into wine for most of the year. Now, we have far more talent and a bonafide DC so i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if we are much better defensively than last year.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 11:24 PM
Great point about Del Rio. As everyone is aware when Nolan was here he turned water into wine for most of the year. Now, we have far more talent and a bonafide DC so i wouldnt be surprised AT ALL if we are much better defensively than last year.

Well, yeah.... but only if we move Champ to safety.

bcbronc
06-22-2012, 01:51 AM
I expect the division to be tight, but like our chances and agree we should be the favourites.

See KC as the biggest threat. They get Berry back and should have a strong defense, and a healthy Charles with Hillis, McCluster, Baldwin and Bowe is a nice stable of weapons.

Raiders, bit hard to say. Should have an explosive offense if they can stay healthy. The Raiders are always a hard team to get a read on though, they never seem to play to the talent level on their roster imo.

Chargers, sucks they missed their window. They might as well just trade Rivers and start the re-build.

Mannway187
06-22-2012, 03:52 AM

Which usually means our DC becomes the new head coach somewhere else. Think about what the chargers did in this years draft and considering the lack of leadership from their head coach they'll be looking to steal someone like Del Rio away.

I'm betting this teams most improved unit is its defense. I only hope Del Rio doesn't dine and dash on us the way Allen did.

Northman
06-22-2012, 04:20 AM
Which usually means our DC becomes the new head coach somewhere else. Think about what the chargers did in this years draft and considering the lack of leadership from their head coach they'll be looking to steal someone like Del Rio away.

I'm betting this teams most improved unit is its defense. I only hope Del Rio doesn't dine and dash on us the way Allen did.

Par for the course unfortuantely. Del Rio has experience as a HC and if we do well im sure he will get offers. It will just come down to what Del Rio wants in the long run.

Cugel
06-22-2012, 09:35 AM
It's hard to identify for sure who will be their most formidable divisional opponent. With Phillip Rivers as their quarterback, the most likely choice would be the San Diego Chargers. With head coach Norv Turner and general manager A.J. Smith narrowly avoiding being fired at the end of last season, the Chargers will face extra pressure to get the job done in 2012. To me, their schedule looks a little more difficult than the one the Broncos face. While they are playing a very similar schedule to the Broncos, they have to contend with playing away against the Steelers and the New York Jets in the final month of the season. Even if the Chargers take an early divisional lead, they will have a tough time holding onto it in December.

It's a toss-up as to what kind of season the Kansas City Chiefs and the Oakland Raiders will have. Both teams will have new head coaches in 2012 and new strategies. The Raiders made a bold move in acquiring quarterback Carson Palmer in 2011 and after a full off-season in the Raiders organization should be ready to be the best quarterback the team has seen since Rich Gannon. If (and this is a big "if") Palmer stays healthy, I look to see the Raiders show significant improvement this season. However, challenging for a divisional title would seem to be far from a reasonable goal.

Much like the Radiers, the Chiefs' fortunes hinge largely upon whether quarterback Matt Cassel can finally live up to that huge contract he signed three years ago. The Chiefs have drafted a large amount of high-quality talent over the past several years, but have yet to have that talent live up to its potential. A winning record would be a big improvement for this team.

I'd have to agree with this assessment. Carson Palmer has never been the same QB since his injury back in 2005 and it would be a miracle to expect him to suddenly improve now. He's still capable, but far from an elite QB and the Raiders gave up the store to get him.

As for Matt Cassel, he's another Kyle Orton -- capable of good games if you put him in the right position, surround him with talent and don't expect too much of him. But he's NOT going to pick up a team and carry it to a come from behind victory in the 4th quarter of a tough game against an elite QB.

He's just not that type of QB. And in the NFL you NEED an Elite QB to win consistently, especially in the playoffs where you run into the really GOOD teams with Roethlisberger, or Brady, or at least Joe Flacco or Matt Schaub.

I don't see how the Chiefs or Raiders could hope to beat those kind of teams with Carson Palmer or Matt Cassel.

If the Broncos defense can play solid pass-defense, and Manning can get the early lead in division games, then much of the Chiefs and Raiders run game will go out the window. With Manning they should be favored in all those division games.

MasterShake
06-22-2012, 11:26 AM
Too much cautious respect for other teams in our division for my tastes in this thread so far.

PEYTON ******* MANNING WILL LEAD THE BRONCOS TO THE AFCW TITLE! **** YEAH!

*drops microphone and gets back to work

tomjonesrocks
06-22-2012, 11:43 AM
Am cautiously optimistic about this year but am leery about what NFL.com called "the hardest schedule any team has faced in the history of the league". Unsure what this team owes the pleasure of that draw, but as a result it's win the division or bust an most likely even that will only garner a unfavorable away matchup.

MileHighCrew
06-22-2012, 02:09 PM
I look at Manning's career and the teams he carried to 13-3 records. I believe this Broncos team is better than most if not all of them and AND, the Colts played very difficult schedules too. People counting on the Broncos to lose 6 games I think are under valuing Manning and the Broncos team that carried a sub par QB into the playoffs last year. 13-3 or better.

ShaneFalco
06-22-2012, 02:22 PM
better be alot more then favorites, we traded a playoff qb away to get a injured HOF. HOF has to deliver.

topscribe
06-22-2012, 02:42 PM
better be alot more then favorites, we traded a playoff qb away to get a injured HOF. HOF has to deliver.
The Broncos traded off a bad QB who had the fortune to play with a playoff
defense to get an HOFer who has been declared healthy. I can appreciate
that because my I.Q. is slightly larger than my shoe size . . .

Poet
06-22-2012, 02:42 PM
The Chiefs defense is superb and if Charles comes back right the Chiefs are a good team. That being said, Denver wins the division sans Peyton Manning getting injured.

Ravage!!!
06-22-2012, 02:49 PM

:lol: :lol:

ShaneFalco
06-22-2012, 03:49 PM
The Broncos traded off a bad QB who had the fortune to play with a playoff
defense to get an HOFer who has been declared healthy. I can appreciate
that because my I.Q. is slightly larger than my shoe size . . .

playoff defense threw for 316 yards with an avg of 31.6 yards per pass vs the #1 defense in the NFL? playoff defense lead the league in rushing?

Our defense was great, but our offense did show flashes of brilliance as well. Big Deal we sucked vs the Pats who were a superbowl team last year with a 2nd year qb.

All im saying is Manning has to deliver. If he doesnt there is no point.

BroncoWave
06-22-2012, 03:57 PM
playoff defense threw for 316 yards with an avg of 31.6 yards per pass vs the #1 defense in the NFL? playoff defense lead the league in rushing?

Our defense was great, but our offense did show flashes of brilliance as well. Big Deal we sucked vs the Pats who were a superbowl team last year with a 2nd year qb.

All im saying is Manning has to deliver. If he doesnt there is no point.

Results-based thinking is the most flawed kind. Maybe Manning retires without winning the SB in Denver, but it wouldn't mean it was the wrong call. Anyone with half a brain knows Manning gives Denver a WAY bigger chance of winning than Tebow.

Based on your logic, the Dolphins made a mistake by taking Dan Marino since he never took them to a title.

OrangeHoof
06-22-2012, 06:36 PM
Results-based thinking is the most flawed kind.

It's the only type of thinking that is quantifiable. As long as you remember the "past performance is no promise of future results" disclaimer, results-based thinking is the most reliable type.

Based on your logic, the Dolphins made a mistake by taking Dan Marino since he never took them to a title.

He took the Dolphins to a Super Bowl early in his career. But Marino may do more to damage your case than support it. Of course, the Tebow-haters would rationalize JaMarcus Russell as an upgrade as long as it chased Tebow out of town. I get it.

BroncoWave
06-22-2012, 06:53 PM
It's the only type of thinking that is quantifiable. As long as you remember the "past performance is no promise of future results" disclaimer, results-based thinking is the most reliable type.

He took the Dolphins to a Super Bowl early in his career. But Marino may do more to damage your case than support it. Of course, the Tebow-haters would rationalize JaMarcus Russell as an upgrade as long as it chased Tebow out of town. I get it.

In this case, results-based thinking would not be reliable. Maybe you could make that case if Tim Tebow goes on to start and win a Super Bowl somewhere. But if not, replacing him with Manning is by far the best decision. I'm not one of the Tebow haters at all, I defended him to the death here, but I don't see how you can say replacing him with Manning will be a mistake if we don't make the Super Bowl. We're replacing a guy who is taking as many reps with the Jets on the punt team as at QB with a guy who is a top 5 QB of all time and by all reports is healthy and ready to go. That's a no-brainer.

topscribe
06-22-2012, 06:54 PM

The fact of it is, if the defense had performed to 2010 standards, our QB
today would not be Peyton Manning. He would be Andrew Luck . . .

Simple Jaded
06-22-2012, 09:28 PM
There is no point to replacing the worst passer in the league unless Manning delivers what? What does he have to deliver, exactly? Complete a pass to the TE's every once in a while? Complete more than 2 passes a quarter? Two passes in an entire game?

Pahleeeeeeease! You make it sound like Manning has to deliver SB's to justify replacing a QB as bad as Tebow. Even if Manning never plays a single down for the Denver Broncos it was still worth it.

Where is the pretentious indignation for the other starters that got replaced? They had the same win/loss record as Tebow but nobody is whining about how Tracy Porter has to deliver because he replaced Andre' Goodman.

When you as bad as Tebow is at his position you get replaced, period, point blank. That's all there is to it.......

NorCalBronco7
06-22-2012, 09:39 PM

Yeah, Tebow set the bar so high that Manning has tons of pressure to succeed. :smash:

OrangeHoof
06-22-2012, 09:54 PM
I'm not attacking the QB change as much as I'm attacking all the Tebow hating. The haters all talk like replacing Tebow with a quadriplegic would be an upgrade while pooh-poohing "results" such as taking a 1-4 team and going 8-5 as the starter, including a playoff win.

I know the Tebow fanwagon made haters out of some of you bur you can't deny Tebow was a winning quarterback in Denver when given a chance to start. Even if you hated how it looked, more often than not the Broncos won. It's a fact and you can piss on it all you want but it's still a fact.

I've never said Manning had to win a Super Bowl to be a success but more than a few around here seem to think it's a given that he will, despite winning only one Super Bowl all his years with the Colts. That's why I said the Marino example might not help your case because Marino was a no-doubt Hall of Fame quarterback with no Lombardis.

I'll agree that replacing Tebow with Manning, if heathy, is a no-brainer but I also think some of the logic is mostly Tebow-hate and not rationally thought. You're replacing one winning quarterback with another winning quarterback. How they got the job done was vastly different but replacing Tebow with Manning is not like replacing Lance Ball with Adrian Peterson.

BroncoWave
06-22-2012, 10:08 PM
I'm not attacking the QB change as much as I'm attacking all the Tebow hating. The haters all talk like replacing Tebow with a quadriplegic would be an upgrade while pooh-poohing "results" such as taking a 1-4 team and going 8-5 as the starter, including a playoff win.

I know the Tebow fanwagon made haters out of some of you bur you can't deny Tebow was a winning quarterback in Denver when given a chance to start. Even if you hated how it looked, more often than not the Broncos won. It's a fact and you can piss on it all you want but it's still a fact.

I've never said Manning had to win a Super Bowl to be a success but more than a few around here seem to think it's a given that he will, despite winning only one Super Bowl all his years with the Colts. That's why I said the Marino example might not help your case because Marino was a no-doubt Hall of Fame quarterback with no Lombardis.

I'll agree that replacing Tebow with Manning, if heathy, is a no-brainer but I also think some of the logic is mostly Tebow-hate and not rationally thought. You're replacing one winning quarterback with another winning quarterback. How they got the job done was vastly different but replacing Tebow with Manning is not like replacing Lance Ball with Adrian Peterson.

I'm not a Tebow hater. Top and North, while critical of him, I would not call haters either. No one is denying there is something about him that helped us win games, but he got exposed pretty badly by the Pats. They were the first team to sit back on him and he had no answers for it. You don't think every team he ever faces will do that to him now?

What you saw last season was a regression to the mean. That 7-0 streak was not sustainable and it showed down the stretch. When those breaks stopped going our way teams started embarrassing us.

As to your last point, I would say it's exactly like that. It's no knock on Tebow, but Manning simply IS as much better than him as AP is than Lance Ball. Manning is a top 5 at least and some would argue the greatest QB of ALL TIME. Tebow on his best day couldn't even come close to sniffing Manning's jock.

Simple Jaded
06-22-2012, 10:12 PM
Tebow was 10-8 as a starter in Denver, by definition that is a "winning quarterback". However, there is also no denying how poorly he played in most of those games, yet somehow his actual performance is habitually ignored. He's been getting worse, not better.

Saying that the Broncos replaced a winning QB with a winning QB is like replacing a new Ford Fiesta with a vintage Porch and saying you replaced a nice car with a nice car.......

ShaneFalco
06-23-2012, 01:42 AM
amazing how quickly the attitude changed from superbowl to just playoffs in 1 month.

Timmy!
06-23-2012, 04:38 AM
Lol. Yay for another tebow thread. :fart:

Ravage!!!
06-23-2012, 10:43 AM
So, Manning isn't a "playoff QB?" :lol:

So trading away a QB that went to the playoffs (with an 8-8 record) is somehow taking a chance over a QB that has gone to the playoffs 11 of 13 yrs starting??? :confused: :lol:

Thats just not logical thinking. LOTS of very poor, and very average, QBs have "gone to" the playoffs. Doesn't mean they give their team the best chance to win if/when replaced. EVERY team in the NFL is doing whatever they can to PUT themselves in the absolute BEST chance for success. Tebow, absolutely, 100% did NOT give us the best chance to win over Manning....... PERIOD. I Don't care if we don't win. I don't care if we don't win a playoff game. I don't care if we don't win the Super Bowl. The FACT is, Manning is 10x's the QB that our previous QB was.... thus we have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better CHANCE of success. That is ALLLLLLLLLL any team can do at this point of the game.

To judge on Manning's success this coming season, and comparing it to the team's success (of 8-8 remember) is really absurd. Going to the playoffs at 8-8....is pretty lucky (and pathetic for a division). Tebow isn't here, and wouldn't be leading THIS team, THIS year. ANY kind of "guessing" on how he would have done in Manning's place, is nothing but complete guess work and wishing.

NorCalBronco7
06-23-2012, 03:48 PM

"How they get the job done was vastly different" Tebow barely has a winning record scoring 17 points a game, and Manning has mounted wins after wins on top of each other for over a decade, scoring 26 a game.

If playing the Qb position was all based on winning, Trent Dilfer would have still been the Qb of the Ravens the year after they won the superbowl. But Qbs are judged on there own individual production too, and comparing Tebow to Mannning in that aspect is just like Lance Ball to AP.

sneakers
06-23-2012, 05:46 PM
If we don't win, it will be a disapointment to ssay the least, i don't think we brought in Manning to contend for a wildcard

BroncoWave
06-23-2012, 06:32 PM
If we don't win, it will be a disapointment to ssay the least, i don't think we brought in Manning to contend for a wildcard

Sure it will be a disappointment, but that won't mean it was the wrong decision to take him over Tebow.

Canmore
06-23-2012, 06:47 PM
Sure it will be a disappointment, but that won't mean it was the wrong decision to take him over Tebow.

The decision to take Manning over Tebow was a no-brainer. I liked Tebow, but his style of play was never going to hold up in this league even if the miracles did. The rules protect passing quarterbacks not running ones. Running quarterbacks get hurt. We got Peyton Manning, I like our chances.

BroncoWave
06-23-2012, 07:05 PM
The decision to take Manning over Tebow was a no-brainer. I liked Tebow, but his style of play was never going to hold up in this league even if the miracles did. The rules protect passing quarterbacks not running ones. Running quarterbacks get hurt. We got Peyton Manning, I like our chances.

Me too. I don't even remember the last time I was this excited for a season.

ShaneFalco
06-25-2012, 01:05 AM
So, Manning isn't a "playoff QB?" :lol:

So trading away a QB that went to the playoffs (with an 8-8 record) is somehow taking a chance over a QB that has gone to the playoffs 11 of 13 yrs starting??? :confused: :lol:

Thats just not logical thinking. LOTS of very poor, and very average, QBs have "gone to" the playoffs. Doesn't mean they give their team the best chance to win if/when replaced. EVERY team in the NFL is doing whatever they can to PUT themselves in the absolute BEST chance for success. Tebow, absolutely, 100% did NOT give us the best chance to win over Manning....... PERIOD. I Don't care if we don't win. I don't care if we don't win a playoff game. I don't care if we don't win the Super Bowl. The FACT is, Manning is 10x's the QB that our previous QB was.... thus we have a MUCH MUCH MUCH better CHANCE of success. That is ALLLLLLLLLL any team can do at this point of the game.

To judge on Manning's success this coming season, and comparing it to the team's success (of 8-8 remember) is really absurd. Going to the playoffs at 8-8....is pretty lucky (and pathetic for a division). Tebow isn't here, and wouldn't be leading THIS team, THIS year. ANY kind of "guessing" on how he would have done in Manning's place, is nothing but complete guess work and wishing.
no he is, is why i called him HOF, Hall of Fame. not "non playoff QB".

But before you go putting words into my mouth, Tebows Record was not 8-8. Or did you forget the 1-4 start with orton?

But we also traded away a good 2nd string qb, then used our 2nd round to get another one. Sorry but i just dont get it. He could have stayed on our team.

and the expectations are huge for Manning. I like him and i think he will live up to them. If tebow could get this team to the playoffs, Manning better damn well do it as well.

silkamilkamonico
06-25-2012, 08:45 AM
Thought it was a great decision made at QB, especially for our future, but I completely agree that it will be a major disappointment if Denver doesn't win at least 1 playoff game, barring some kind of injury to Manning.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2012, 09:05 AM

But before you go putting words into my mouth, Tebows Record was not 8-8. Or did you forget the 1-4 start with orton?

But we also traded away a good 2nd string qb, then used our 2nd round to get another one. Sorry but i just dont get it. He could have stayed on our team.

and the expectations are huge for Manning. I like him and i think he will live up to them. If tebow could get this team to the playoffs, Manning better damn well do it as well.

I didn't say HIS record was 8-8... I said we went to the playoffs with an 8-8 record. It's not like we had to win the "normal" 10 to get there. To say that we "Traded away" a playoff QB.... is just silly. NO TEAM keeps the incumbent QB after acquiring a new starter. Keeping Tebow would have been a bad move for a LOT of reasons.

Of course the expectations of Manning are high. But they would have been high on the previous QB as well. I just like our chances 10x more with Manning over our last QB.

BroncoWave
06-25-2012, 10:40 AM
Thought it was a great decision made at QB, especially for our future, but I completely agree that it will be a major disappointment if Denver doesn't win at least 1 playoff game, barring some kind of injury to Manning.

No one disagrees with that. The point is even if that happens it would still have been the right decision to go with Manning over Tebow.

silkamilkamonico
06-26-2012, 11:59 AM
It was a "great decision" indeed. Love Tebow, just don't want a QB like him, and I love that this decision not only gives us Manning but it cut ties with Tebow.

Simple Jaded
06-26-2012, 08:39 PM

and the expectations are huge for Manning. I like him and i think he will live up to them. If tebow could get this team to the playoffs, Manning better damn well do it as well.A; the expectations are always huge for Peyton Manning.

B; if Manning can't get the Broncos to the playoffs, exactly what would you expect Tebow to do?

C; do you honestly still not "get" why the Broncos had to trade Tim Tebow?.......

Poet
06-26-2012, 10:10 PM
The Broncos traded Tebow because Manning was scared that he would lose his job to Tebones. Manning is a jealous and selfish ass.

bcbronc
06-26-2012, 10:17 PM
The Broncos traded Tebow because Manning was scared that he would lose his job to Tebones. Manning is a jealous and selfish ass.

not true. The Broncos traded Tebow because Elway was scared for his legacy.

ShaneFalco
06-27-2012, 12:46 AM
A; the expectations are always huge for Peyton Manning.

B; if Manning can't get the Broncos to the playoffs, exactly what would you expect Tebow to do?

C; do you honestly still not "get" why the Broncos had to trade Tim Tebow?.......
a. yes people were talking about superbowls after the signing.

b. Get them to the playoffs and more. Just like last season, but improved.

c. Yes i honestly do not know why. He could have been a great backup or played another position. RB or FB for one.

Im more concered about the future when manning leaves then i am about how good Tebow is right now.

Simple Jaded
06-27-2012, 07:43 PM

c. Yes i honestly do not know why. He could have been a great backup or played another position. RB or FB for one.

Im more concered about the future when manning leaves then i am about how good Tebow is right now.

A; because it's Peyton Manning. When you're talking about Manning the expectations are always huge.

B; where one of the best QB's on the planet fails to get any team to the playoffs you somehow expect the worst passer the NFL has seen in decades to succeed? Manning has failed to take his team to the PO's, what?.......twice in 13 seasons, yet you hold Tebow to an even higher standard? Based on what, exactly?

C; there are many reasons the Broncos cut the cord on the Tebow experiment, not the least of which is the fact that he's a horrible passer, switching positions is not on Tebow's agenda, he's a huge distraction and his fans are fully blown batshit crazy. There is only one good reason to keep Tebow, to appease said batshit crazy fans, and to the Broncos your peace of mind nowhere near worthy of the brain damage that you cause.

The Broncos also have an eye on the future beyond Peyton Manning, you just don't like it.......

ShaneFalco
06-27-2012, 08:08 PM
no i hold them to about the same standard, manning a bit higher because of how good he is. I dont think fans really played a big part in it. If they did, that is just silly and a stupid decision. This is the NFL, you should be able to deal with a few crazy fans as a team.

Im with you man, im all for getting manning as qb, i just was all against trading Tebow.

Did we even ask tebow to switch positions? I think he would have and could have been like a Peyton Hillis for us. Mcagahee, Moreno, Hillman, and Tebow in the backfield. Would be great. He is golden in the 10 yardline.

Simple Jaded
06-27-2012, 08:42 PM
no i hold them to about the same standard, manning a bit higher because of how good he is. I dont think fans really played a big part in it. If they did, that is just silly and a stupid decision. This is the NFL, you should be able to deal with a few crazy fans as a team.

Im with you man, im all for getting manning as qb, i just was all against trading Tebow.

Did we even ask tebow to switch positions? I think he would have and could have been like a Peyton Hillis for us. Mcagahee, Moreno, Hillman, and Tebow in the backfield. Would be great. He is golden in the 10 yardline.

I'm really trying here so if I offend it's unavoidable. But, in one sentence you hold Tim Tebow to the same standard as Peyton Manning and then talk about how the Broncos are silly and stupid in the next.

Tebow = or > Manning is silly and stupid. Among other things, the Broncos wanted to turn the page on their Tebow experiment because of people that think "Tebow = or > Manning". There really was only one reason to continue the Tebow Project and it just isn't worth it.

The Broncos are just as mindful of the future as you are, they just care if Tebow is a part of it.......

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 10:31 AM
No team keeps the incumbent QB on the roster after bringing in a new starter. It causes too many distractions and is just a "weird" vibe in the locker room, at practice, and during games. Every incomplete pass, comes the camera shot to Tebow. Every time we don't convert a 3rd down, it shoots to Tebow (which would be ironic). If/when we lose, the questions come. Not because the media believes for a moment that Tebow should start over Manning, but because they know the "fans" are wanting to ask questions about Tebow.

Every practice becomes a discussion on "How is Tebow doing in learning the new offense?" "How many snaps is Tebow going to get?" "Is tebow going to have special packages made up for him?" "Tebow tebow tebow"...... which is ABSURD for a back-up player. Ask those in NY on how much they get tired hearing about Tebow the back-up. It would get worse during the pre-season...and then even more-so during the year. If we don't see Tebow in a game, god forbid, the fans are crying.

There is no way Tebow could learn, nor run, a passing offense that we are going to run this year......and believe me when I say...the coaches do NOT want to have to go through changing the ENTIRE offense to help out Tim again. It limited them so much last year, and that was enough.

TXBRONC
06-28-2012, 10:42 AM
Heavy favorites is a bit strong for me. Manning has been off for over a year, and the last I heard he was still not 100%. Manning even coming off a year's absence from the game puts us in the conversation but the Chargers still have Rivers and quite bit other talent on their team.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 11:08 AM
Heavy favorites is a bit strong for me. Manning has been off for over a year, and the last I heard he was still not 100%. Manning even coming off a year's absence from the game puts us in the conversation but the Chargers still have Rivers and quite bit other talent on their team.

I'm not sure I agree, TX. Manning being off for a year isn't really a concern to me at all. He's played for 13 years as a starter in the NFL, and obviously played since gradeschool before that. I just don't see that he "loses" anything. His mind is as sharp as ever, and missing a season isn't going to take any of THAT away. His arm is looking pretty DAMN good. Its strong, and no one seems to be seeing ANY setbacks with it.

Obviously the timing with the WRs would be my biggest concern....but we saw freshly drafted players for the Colts come in and perform, when one of their starters went down with injuries. No different here with our guys. I think they (manning and the team)...knowing that they are completely new to one another will put in extra work so that they do get the reps together and establish as much 'timing' as possible.

I th ink the Chargers have lost more talent than they've gained ....especially over the last couple years. Their window came crashing closed in a hurry. Losing LT, Turner, and Sproles and now Jackson....I just don't see their team being loaded up with talent as it used to be when Schottenheimer was in charge. Rivers is obviously very good, and their TE is still one of the best in the game (and finally showed that he can play most of the season). Other than that, they are obviously a division opponent, but they don't bother me as much as the Chiefs do.

NightTerror218
06-28-2012, 11:40 AM
I think it is going to be close with KC and SD. They are both .500 teams and while I think we will have more wins, I think KC has a young talented team, they do not have that many huge game changers. I think most of their talent is on defense and on offense they have a couple good players. i think we have better offense not counting the QB position. I think they may have a better defense prior to the start on this season according to roster.

Canmore
06-28-2012, 12:50 PM

Agreed. It is still really early but but just how will Peyton Manning look when the bullets are real. I'm betting pretty darn good but that remains to be seen.

As far as the division goes, the Chargers have Rivers, the Chiefs have Cassel and the Raiders have Palmer. When all is said and done, I expect the Chargers to be our competition. As closely bunched as the division has been, it is really a four horse race at this point.

TXBRONC
06-28-2012, 01:01 PM
I'm not sure I agree, TX. Manning being off for a year isn't really a concern to me at all. He's played for 13 years as a starter in the NFL, and obviously played since gradeschool before that. I just don't see that he "loses" anything. His mind is as sharp as ever, and missing a season isn't going to take any of THAT away. His arm is looking pretty DAMN good. Its strong, and no one seems to be seeing ANY setbacks with it.

Obviously the timing with the WRs would be my biggest concern....but we saw freshly drafted players for the Colts come in and perform, when one of their starters went down with injuries. No different here with our guys. I think they (manning and the team)...knowing that they are completely new to one another will put in extra work so that they do get the reps together and establish as much 'timing' as possible.

I th ink the Chargers have lost more talent than they've gained ....especially over the last couple years. Their window came crashing closed in a hurry. Losing LT, Turner, and Sproles and now Jackson....I just don't see their team being loaded up with talent as it used to be when Schottenheimer was in charge. Rivers is obviously very good, and their TE is still one of the best in the game (and finally showed that he can play most of the season). Other than that, they are obviously a division opponent, but they don't bother me as much as the Chiefs do.

According to Manning own words he's still not a 100%. Yes played for 13 years and I'm not questioning his mental sharpness. That doesn't change the fact he 36 years old. In football terms even for a quarterback 36 years of age is still a potential concern. What will end quetsions for me is what happens in meaningful games. He may not suffer a set back but that doesn't mean he'll every be 100%.

Don't get wrong I'm no Debbie downer because I believe that if Manning is healthy enough and still can play at a high level we'll be competing for the division.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 01:06 PM
According to Manning own words he's still not a 100%. Yes played for 13 years and I'm not questioning his mental sharpness. That doesn't change the fact he 36 years old. In football terms even for a quarterback 36 years of age is still a potential concern. What will end quetsions for me is what happens in meaningful games. He may not suffer a set back but that doesn't mean he'll every be 100%.

Don't get wrong I'm no Debbie downer because I believe that if Manning is healthy enough and still can play at a high level we'll be competing for the division.

I hear what you are saying, but I think those exact same questions could be asked if he played last season or not. I guess when it comes to a player like Manning, I don't see missing a season being a set back, in itself.

TXBRONC
06-28-2012, 01:34 PM
I hear what you are saying, but I think those exact same questions could be asked if he played last season or not. I guess when it comes to a player like Manning, I don't see missing a season being a set back, in itself.

As I said my questions will be answered once the season is underway. I glad we're in the conversation for the division title and rightfully so but given our circumstances I'm sure we should be considered heavy favorites. But that is subject to change.

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 02:03 PM
As I said my questions will be answered once the season is underway. I glad we're in the conversation for the division title and rightfully so but given our circumstances I'm sure we should be considered heavy favorites. But that is subject to change.

Well, not sure what you mean when you say "subject to change." Meaning an injury? Or are you saying once you see Manning play? Either way, I think its a given. I think the reason anyone would say "heavy" favorites are purely because Manning is who he is, and is one of the very best in the NFL. Rivers continues to fail each year, especially early. Considering we have a QB that most likely will play like a swiss watch week-in and week-out, that slow start by SD could very well be their undoing.

We have a tough schedule for sure. ITs going to be a tough season no matter what. I'm just excited to have a QB behind center that makes me have high HOPE for the season.

Cugel
06-28-2012, 08:37 PM
I have no idea how anybody knows in advance what's the "hardest schedule in NFL history." Teams that WERE good one year might not be that great the next.

When looking at the 1999 schedule, teams put down their games against the Broncos as a "tough" game. But John Elway's retirement and injury to Terrell Davis gutted the team and they fell to 6-10.

They went from 14-2 and SB Champs to bottom feeding Chumps in one season.

Last year the preseason talk was all about whether anybody could stop the Eagles juggernaut or whether they would steamroll their way to a SB Championship. After all they had all those super-star FA signings and were the most talented team in the league.

Right? The Eagles NFC East Championship was in the bag. If any team was going to compete with them in the NFC East it was the tough and improving Cowboys.

Oh, yeah and Eli Manning had just proved that he was a mediocre QB who got lucky and won the SB because of a great defense that stifled Tom Brady and the Patriots offense. Manning had had a lousy year in 2010 and clearly he was washed up. The Giants' chances of winning the SB were barely on the boards in Vegas. And after a few more disappointing seasons the Giants were likely to realize Eli was over-hyped and get rid of him.

So said tons of pundits, media clowns and endless numbers of fans.

Right now the Broncos schedule looks tough. But, we have to wait until October to see which teams are really going to be good this year and which are going to struggle unexpectedly.

Mannway187
06-28-2012, 10:16 PM
I totally agree. Football is still just Football. You put your best 11 guys against our best 11 and start bumpin heads. Sometimes the team with the biggest headaches afterwards wins, and sometimes they don't.

As for the toughness of the schedule. If we put the same 11 guys on the feild as last year we'll be watching football in January along with the Jets. Peyton Manning is a much more intense competitor than Elway ever was and this year he'll be sporting a huge chip on his shoulder. He will not accept failure and he has a reputation for leaving nothing to chance. He demands 110 percent from his teamates because he'll be giving 115. He may not win every game but his team will not lose to many either. If he is standing when the final gun goes off he either won or lost a close one.

Manning led teams don't get blown out like Tebow led teams did. That is reason #1 why they are considered "heavy favorites" to win the west. Reason #2 is the rest of the divisions track record.

The AFC West has sucked ass for years, in fact they have sucked since the last time a team from this division went to and won the big bowl.

Oh, OK. The Raiders got there since then and laid a big fat AFC West turd.

Since 1988 how many times has the AFC West gotten to the SB? Seven? And the entire division has gone 2-5 in those seven games. Only one of the 5 losses was even close. Thats 25 super Bowl Games and this division has won twice.

Somebody will be the heavy favorite to not only win their division but to also win the SB. Will it be a surprise team like Tampa Bay? Doubt it. A big favorite every year like the Pats? Not likely. Maybe the NFC wins 3 in a row. Maybe not.

Guarenteed there will be big money laid down on the 1 team that has to play the best teams in the entire NFL throughout the regular season. They'll win more than they lose and in the end they will be the most battle tested unified team willing to leave it all on the field.

This is our year, this ones not for John, or Pat. This one is for the entire AFC West. All the pieces are in place. Time to get ours. And the last AFC West QB to win a SB put those pieces together. What scares the rest of the league is that he's not done yet...Then again maybe not..

Ravage!!!
06-28-2012, 10:48 PM
how the hell is Manning much more of an "intense" competitor than Elway ever was???? Ridiculous statement made by someone that wasn't even old enough to watch Elway play, and is purely a Manning fan. Ignorance blinds most, I suppose.

Canmore
06-28-2012, 10:51 PM
how the hell is Manning much more of a competitor than Elway ever was????

A question I was wondering, but with a screen name of Manning I figured I was wasting my time.

Timmy!
06-28-2012, 11:14 PM
:pound:

Wow manning fanboi, just wow.

Simple Jaded
06-29-2012, 12:56 AM
Mannway you need to take Elway the **** outta yer damn scene name, you clearly have never seen the dude play.......

Cugel
06-29-2012, 10:54 AM

a & b. This season's schedule is a brutal first place schedule against lots of elite teams. Last year's schedule was a patsy last place schedule and they still managed to back in after losing their last 3 games.

Seriously? Steelers, @Falcons, Texans, Raiders @Patriots to start the season? They could easily play great and still be 0-3 entering week 4 and they will be the underdog in 4 of those five games.

If Tebow were the starting QB I would expect the Broncos to be 2-4 or 1-5 at the bye week and be totally out of the race by week 7.

With Manning, they've got a chance to win some of those games, but it's sure as HELL not going to be easy. Think the Steelers won't be totally up for revenge for last years' playoff defeat? They've been stewing about it all off-season and they're going to play that game like it's the Super Bowl.

The Texans? They were a SB contender until they lost Matt Schaub. This year they have a big chip on their shoulder and something to prove. And they could easily be considered the most talented team in the AFC outside of the Patriots.

How about the Panthers with Cam Newton now in his second year and ready to make some noise, and then there's the Ravens?

Reality FM here: The Broncos could be vastly improved on last year and STILL not make the playoffs.

c. You "honestly don't know why" the Broncos couldn't keep Tim Tebow? Did you just wake from a lengthy nap like Rip Van Winkle? :laugh:

Just imagine every time Peyton threw an incomplete pass 10,000 morons chanting "Tebow! Teee-booow!" Think that Elway and Fox want the distraction?

They didn't think Tebow will ever become a NFL starter and drafted their QB of the future. 31 other teams think the same thing. But, Tebows' insane fan-bois just won't let it go. They'd be booing Osweiler in training camp and screaming every time Tebow threw a warm up pass on the sidelines in the pre-season.

Despite Tebow's having won 6 games and a playoff game against the Steelers, NOT ONE TEAM IN THE NFL wanted Tebow as a starter. Not one!

Even the woeful Jaguars and Dolphins didn't want Tebow despite his being a home-town hero in Florida and having legions of fans. They have NOBODY at QB and could have brought in Tebow, drafted some talent around him and could have sold out every home game for the next 5 years regardless of Tebow's record and they STILL didn't want him as a starter!

Doesn't that tell you anything? :coffee:

The NFL is sick and tired of the Tebow circus. It's a distraction they don't need and don't want.

Cugel
06-29-2012, 11:10 AM
As for the toughness of the schedule. If we put the same 11 guys on the feild as last year we'll be watching football in January along with the Jets. Peyton Manning is a much more intense competitor than Elway ever was and this year he'll be sporting a huge chip on his shoulder. He will not accept failure and he has a reputation for leaving nothing to chance. He demands 110 percent from his teamates because he'll be giving 115. He may not win every game but his team will not lose to many either. If he is standing when the final gun goes off he either won or lost a close one.

That's the basic reality. Are the Broncos going to go into Foxborough and beat the Patriots? Manning couldn't do it time and again with the Colts, and he might not be able to do it with the Broncos.

Games @Falcons, Ravens, Texans, Steelers are going to be tough. They could easily lose them all. But, they could possibly WIN them all too. And every game should be close. No more blowouts like the Patriots, Packers and Lions games last year.

Manning can beat you in any given game against any team in the NFL; including the Giants and Packers.

NightTerror218
06-29-2012, 11:47 AM
a & b. This season's schedule is a brutal first place schedule against lots of elite teams. Last year's schedule was a patsy last place schedule and they still managed to back in after losing their last 3 games.

Seriously? Steelers, @Falcons, Texans, Raiders @Patriots to start the season? They could easily play great and still be 0-3 entering week 4 and they will be the underdog in 4 of those five games.

If Tebow were the starting QB I would expect the Broncos to be 2-4 or 1-5 at the bye week and be totally out of the race by week 7.

With Manning, they've got a chance to win some of those games, but it's sure as HELL not going to be easy. Think the Steelers won't be totally up for revenge for last years' playoff defeat? They've been stewing about it all off-season and they're going to play that game like it's the Super Bowl.

The Texans? They were a SB contender until they lost Matt Schaub. This year they have a big chip on their shoulder and something to prove. And they could easily be considered the most talented team in the AFC outside of the Patriots.

How about the Panthers with Cam Newton now in his second year and ready to make some noise, and then there's the Ravens?

Reality FM here: The Broncos could be vastly improved on last year and STILL not make the playoffs.

c. You "honestly don't know why" the Broncos couldn't keep Tim Tebow? Did you just wake from a lengthy nap like Rip Van Winkle? :laugh:

Just imagine every time Peyton threw an incomplete pass 10,000 morons chanting "Tebow! Teee-booow!" Think that Elway and Fox want the distraction?

They didn't think Tebow will ever become a NFL starter and drafted their QB of the future. 31 other teams think the same thing. But, Tebows' insane fan-bois just won't let it go. They'd be booing Osweiler in training camp and screaming every time Tebow threw a warm up pass on the sidelines in the pre-season.

Despite Tebow's having won 6 games and a playoff game against the Steelers, NOT ONE TEAM IN THE NFL wanted Tebow as a starter. Not one!

Even the woeful Jaguars and Dolphins didn't want Tebow despite his being a home-town hero in Florida and having legions of fans. They have NOBODY at QB and could have brought in Tebow, drafted some talent around him and could have sold out every home game for the next 5 years regardless of Tebow's record and they STILL didn't want him as a starter!

Doesn't that tell you anything? :coffee:

The NFL is sick and tired of the Tebow circus. It's a distraction they don't need and don't want.

Don't forget that the Steelers is home game, advantage us. I do no think their defense will be as dominant this year. Falcons and Pats will be tough. But the Colts team was much worse they ours and manning carried them. Texans are also a home game, so I would not write that up as a loss. I do remember Manning having an insanely good home record too. But if you look at our schedule we could very easily close out the end of the season well. So these last 8 games. I do not seem many of them being tough. We could easily go 6-2 through this stretch. That would give us a loss to Balt and @KC. I think Carolina is going to suck still. Oakland is going to be plain bad. KC is going to be good. And SD will not be as good as they have been w/o loss of VJ and weak OL still. TB i still on the cusp of becoming good. I think we have a 10-6 season. Losses to Pats, Ravens, Texans, Saints, KC and 2 random losses.

Last 8 games of season.
@Car
SD
@KC
TB
@Oak
@Balt
Cle
KC

silkamilkamonico
06-29-2012, 02:32 PM

After the season, Denvver not only had no future prospective outlook, but not much of a present. Now Denver not only has a present positive outlook, but a hopeful positive future as well.

It's genius management by Elway, IMHO.

Cugel
06-29-2012, 05:09 PM
Don't forget that the Steelers is home game, advantage us. I do no think their defense will be as dominant this year. Falcons and Pats will be tough. But the Colts team was much worse they ours and manning carried them. Texans are also a home game, so I would not write that up as a loss. I do remember Manning having an insanely good home record too. But if you look at our schedule we could very easily close out the end of the season well. So these last 8 games. I do not seem many of them being tough. We could easily go 6-2 through this stretch. That would give us a loss to Balt and @KC. I think Carolina is going to suck still. Oakland is going to be plain bad. KC is going to be good. And SD will not be as good as they have been w/o loss of VJ and weak OL still. TB i still on the cusp of becoming good. I think we have a 10-6 season. Losses to Pats, Ravens, Texans, Saints, KC and 2 random losses.

Last 8 games of season.
@Car
SD
@KC
TB
@Oak
@Balt
Cle
KC

You're trying to analyze which games the Broncos will win and lose before we know how good either team is!

The games against the Steelers, Falcons, Patriots, Texans, Ravens, and possibly others will be tough games. Who knows whether they will win or not?

They will at least have a chance to win every one of those games, that's the point.

NightTerror218
06-29-2012, 05:56 PM
You're trying to analyze which games the Broncos will win and lose before we know how good either team is!

The games against the Steelers, Falcons, Patriots, Texans, Ravens, and possibly others will be tough games. Who knows whether they will win or not?

They will at least have a chance to win every one of those games, that's the point.

Of course I can guess who I think will win based off watching the teams last year and knowing there are no injuries at the moment. But knowing how our defense plaid last year and knowing that our offense will be improved. I can make educated assumptions and there for guess what will happen. Like the assumption that Steelers and Ravens are both aging defenses and signs are showing. The pats have incredibly high power offense along with the Saints. But their defenses are no outstanding. Saints keep losing good players in FA, Pats best aspect of defense is amount of turnovers they get. Texans will be back and healthy and could be very very good. Ravens and Texans could destroy our front 4 on the ground.

But I can also make assumptions about our team, we will have less sacks due to ball getting out of pocket quicker. We will also have less fumbles then last year due to QB not rushing as much and less RB carries. Our OL may not be strong but they will have more confidence of the location of the QB and less holding penalties. Thomas/Decker will be improved. Our defense will be weak up the middles and TE and lost WR could eat us alive in the middle of field right behind LBs with Mays in MLB and Miller rushing QB. Mays is weak in coverage but better against the run.

Anything can happen. I can also go into team strengths and weaknesses. But those are just assumptions also. But where is the fun in sitting back and waiting.

SR
06-29-2012, 06:05 PM
16-0. That is all. Tim Tebow is gonna lead this team to the promise land

NightTerror218
06-29-2012, 07:46 PM
16-0. That is all. Tim Tebow is gonna lead this team to the promise land

as Chaplin of the team?

SR
06-29-2012, 07:55 PM
as Chaplin of the team?

As quarterback. Duh.

Cugel
06-29-2012, 09:17 PM
Of course I can guess who I think will win based off watching the teams last year and knowing there are no injuries at the moment. But knowing how our defense plaid last year and knowing that our offense will be improved. I can make educated assumptions and there for guess what will happen. Like the assumption that Steelers and Ravens are both aging defenses and signs are showing. The pats have incredibly high power offense along with the Saints. But their defenses are no outstanding. Saints keep losing good players in FA, Pats best aspect of defense is amount of turnovers they get. Texans will be back and healthy and could be very very good. Ravens and Texans could destroy our front 4 on the ground.

But I can also make assumptions about our team, we will have less sacks due to ball getting out of pocket quicker. We will also have less fumbles then last year due to QB not rushing as much and less RB carries. Our OL may not be strong but they will have more confidence of the location of the QB and less holding penalties. Thomas/Decker will be improved. Our defense will be weak up the middles and TE and lost WR could eat us alive in the middle of field right behind LBs with Mays in MLB and Miller rushing QB. Mays is weak in coverage but better against the run.

Anything can happen. I can also go into team strengths and weaknesses. But those are just assumptions also. But where is the fun in sitting back and waiting.

I can do the same thing and I don't really disagree. But, in truth it's just not going to happen like last year because the unexpected happens every year and teams that are expected to be good or great turn out to suck and vice-versa.

Example: This time last year the Eagles were thought to be the best team in the NFL and lots of "experts" were talking about a SB championship. Then the season started and they fell totally apart and didn't even contend for the division.

The Bears went to the NFC Championship game in 2010 and were thought to be serious contenders, but Jay Cutler got hurt and they tanked. Same thing with the Texans and Matt Schaub. Nobody thought that Alex Smith could do anything in S.F. After all he never had, but they went to the NFC Championship. The 4-12 Broncos actually won their division and a playoff game.

Meanwhile the Giants were coming off a disappointing season and Eli Manning was getting tons of flack from critics who said he was mediocre and over-paid. Even at mid season they looked like also rans. Suddenly they got hot and just beat everybody to win it all.

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 05:02 AM
nothing better for the future than signing a past his prime, perennial playoff choker with a possible injury issue.

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 05:06 AM
what has peyton manning done to justify these "huge" expectations? maybe his record for most one and dones in the playoffs is what you are referring to. or maybe its his fantastic run during his ONE super bowl winning season with a stacked team 97 of 153 (63.4%) for 1,034 yards, 6.8 YPA, 3 TD, 7 INT, 70.5 passer rating. or possibly you are referring to his collegiate record of... ... ... tee martin...

Ravage!!!
06-30-2012, 11:08 AM
You can't win in the playoffs if you aren't in the playoffs. Manning is one of the greatest QBs to ever step on the field. ONe of the greatest passers to ever throw the ball. We have SIGNIFICANTLY increased our chances of getting to (and thus winning) in the playoffs with Peyton Manning behind center.

To bring up his Super Bowl record of 1-1 is pretty stupid considering the HoF QBs that have never won. Would I prefer to take a chance with one of the greatest passers and smartest QBs over someone that can't throw? Abso-effing-lutely. 10-out of-10 times I would. Past win/losses don't mean diddly-effing-squat to this coming year.

Thanks for playing, Mike. :coffee:

silkamilkamonico
06-30-2012, 11:48 AM
nothing better for the future than signing a past his prime, perennial playoff choker with a possible injury issue.

I know you're going to miss the countless series of 3 and out's and games where our passing total hovered around the number on our QB's jersey going into the 4th quarter, but I've come to realize that actually scoring points and moving the ball helps the game become a little more tolerable to watch. I'm glad I can finally watch that in Denver again after what feels like forever.

Cugel
06-30-2012, 03:35 PM
what has peyton manning done to justify these "huge" expectations? maybe his record for most one and dones in the playoffs is what you are referring to. or maybe its his fantastic run during his ONE super bowl winning season with a stacked team 97 of 153 (63.4%) for 1,034 yards, 6.8 YPA, 3 TD, 7 INT, 70.5 passer rating. or possibly you are referring to his collegiate record of... ... ... tee martin...

What do we have here? Some unregenerate Tebowite? :laugh:

The Broncos traded Tebow so Manning couldn't be any good! Booo!

Now I get it. And he only won ONE Super-bowl! While Tebow has won. . . . er, never mind. He's going to win LOTS more than one! Lots I tell you!

Unless the prejudice against Tebow's religion in the NFL continues to prevent him from winning, not one, . . .not two, . . .not three, . . .not 4, . . .not 5, . . . not 6 championships!

CONSPIRACY! :blah:

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 06:21 PM
You can't win in the playoffs if you aren't in the playoffs. Manning is one of the greatest QBs to ever step on the field. ONe of the greatest passers to ever throw the ball. We have SIGNIFICANTLY increased our chances of getting to (and thus winning) in the playoffs with Peyton Manning behind center.

To bring up his Super Bowl record of 1-1 is pretty stupid considering the HoF QBs that have never won. Would I prefer to take a chance with one of the greatest passers and smartest QBs over someone that can't throw? Abso-effing-lutely. 10-out of-10 times I would. Past win/losses don't mean diddly-effing-squat to this coming year.

Thanks for playing, Mike. :coffee:

Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I never said anything about his super bowl record, I said that he didn't exactly light it up in the playoffs in his super bowl winning season, just look at the stats his team carried him not the other way around. While a 1-1 record in super bowls is not statistically relevant his NFL record for most one and dones in the playoffs is. Go ahead and live in fantasy land where peyton manning is still in his prime and doesn't have a record of being a me first prima donna with the label of perennial big game choker.

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 06:24 PM
What do we have here? Some unregenerate Tebowite? :laugh:

The Broncos traded Tebow so Manning couldn't be any good! Booo!

Now I get it. And he only won ONE Super-bowl! While Tebow has won. . . . er, never mind. He's going to win LOTS more than one! Lots I tell you!

Unless the prejudice against Tebow's religion in the NFL continues to prevent him from winning, not one, . . .not two, . . .not three, . . .not 4, . . .not 5, . . . not 6 championships!

CONSPIRACY! :blah:

Your "logic" is completely retarded. Who said anything about tebow? you manning fanboys sure are a sensitive bunch.

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 06:26 PM
what i have been missing is an offensive coordinator that can call plays better than i can. what we will miss is the salary cap space that the washed up choker has taken up.

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 06:29 PM
Seriously if tebow or any other quarterback through 3 touchdowns and 7 picks in the playoffs the season that his team won the super bowl you would be saying that his team won it in spite of him not because of him. 7 PICKS IN 4 GAMES FOR ****S SAKE!

Simple Jaded
06-30-2012, 07:52 PM
Seriously if tebow or any other quarterback through 3 touchdowns and 7 picks in the playoffs the season that his team won the super bowl you would be saying that his team won it in spite of him not because of him. 7 PICKS IN 4 GAMES FOR ****S SAKE!
Yeeeeeees, let the butthurt flow.......

Simple Jaded
06-30-2012, 07:56 PM

I believe that's what the Broncos drafted Brock Osweiler for, the future.......

djmikehoncho
06-30-2012, 08:07 PM
I believe that's what the Broncos drafted Brock Osweiler for, the future.......

As a longtime ASU fan i can tell you that brock osweiler is sh#t

chazoe60
06-30-2012, 08:09 PM
The most overused line in internet history is "obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit".

I have to question the sanity of anyone who claims to be a Bronco fan but doesn't like the Manning signing.

Simple Jaded
06-30-2012, 08:20 PM
As a longtime ASU fan i can tell you that brock osweiler is sh#t

I never said he was anything other than what the Broncos consider the future. I have my own opinion on the guy and it isn't much higher than yours, but it's only a 2nd round pick they used and I'm actually looking forward to seeing him in a pro offense with pro receivers.

Besides, the original point was that you had it wrong when you were whining about Manning being the future.......

Ravage!!!
07-02-2012, 08:36 AM
his team carried him not the other way around.
Its hard to beat Zam in stupid statements, but this one did it. Congrats on that.

While a 1-1 record in super bowls is not statistically relevant his NFL record for most one and dones in the playoffs is.

Actually, its not. As stated before (your reading comprehension isn't your strong suit), getting TO the playoffs is the only way your going to WIN in the playoffs. Peyton's past success and/or failures have nothing....NOTHING... to do with this coming season. Our chances increase with one of the greatest QBs to play the game, and that is all every team in the NFL is trying to do.

Go ahead and live in fantasy land where peyton manning is still in his prime and doesn't have a record of being a me first prima donna with the label of perennial big game choker.
No one is claiming that Manning is in his "prime" (again, you are proving that your reading comprehension is REALLY really poor)... but your obvious dislike that Peyton left your team is shining like a lighttower through your fog of hate. :lol: Its kinda cute. It sounds like you and "dacoats" are two childhood kids that had their heart broken by the same girl, and are now out to ruin her reputation. :lol:

*pats your wittle head*... it will be alright, lil guy, don't you worry.

Canmore
07-02-2012, 02:11 PM
Its hard to beat Zam in stupid statements, but this one did it. Congrats on that.

Actually, its not. As stated before (your reading comprehension isn't your strong suit), getting TO the playoffs is the only way your going to WIN in the playoffs. Peyton's past success and/or failures have nothing....NOTHING... to do with this coming season. Our chances increase with one of the greatest QBs to play the game, and that is all every team in the NFL is trying to do.

No one is claiming that Manning is in his "prime" (again, you are proving that your reading comprehension is REALLY really poor)... but your obvious dislike that Peyton left your team is shining like a lighttower through your fog of hate. :lol: Its kinda cute. It sounds like you and "dacoats" are two childhood kids that had their heart broken by the same girl, and are now out to ruin her reputation. :lol:

*pats your wittle head*... it will be alright, lil guy, don't you worry.

Too funny Rav.

Cugel
07-02-2012, 07:49 PM

You're seriously criticizing other people's "reading comprehension" when you say Tebow "through" 3 TDs in the playoffs? :laugh:

Cugel
07-02-2012, 07:54 PM
Obviously reading comprehension is not your strong suit.

I never said anything about his super bowl record, I said that he didn't exactly light it up in the playoffs in his super bowl winning season, just look at the stats his team carried him not the other way around. While a 1-1 record in super bowls is not statistically relevant his NFL record for most one and dones in the playoffs is. Go ahead and live in fantasy land where peyton manning is still in his prime and doesn't have a record of being a me first prima donna with the label of perennial big game choker.

Actually, due to the very small sample size the number of Peyton's playoff appearances is NOT "statistically significant." You might want to look up the phrase "statistically significant" on Wikipedia before you make arguments based on math that you don't understand and couldn't analyze if your life depended on it.

dacoats
07-05-2012, 10:28 AM
http://sports.yahoo.com/news/denver-broncos-heavy-favorites-afc-west-fans-191600176--nfl.html

From Yahoo! Sports:

Just to throw this out there. I think it's too simplistic. Chiefs and Chargers both ought to be better than last year.

I agree it is too simplistic

Hell, I think I should be the king of the Western Hemisphere, but even that is too simplistic.....

nyuk nyuk
07-17-2012, 09:36 PM

!!!!!

http://i49.tinypic.com/16lfeav.jpg

nyuk nyuk
07-17-2012, 09:38 PM

I dunno, our division is pretty crappy. I think the SB will go to the Packers, though. I don't think we'll get that far --- yet.

CrazyHorse
07-20-2012, 04:55 AM
I dunno, our division is pretty crappy. I think the SB will go to the Packers, though. I don't think we'll get that far --- yet.

I'm hoping for Giants Broncos. They however have the two most difficult strength of schedules. On the other hand the Packers and Patriots have the easiest and are the best bet to make it.

topscribe
07-20-2012, 08:24 AM
I'm hoping for Giants Broncos. They however have the two most difficult strength of schedules. On the other hand the Packers and Patriots have the easiest and are the best bet to make it.
Best bets to make it to the playoffs, yes. But when the playoffs begin, the
regular season is over, and the strength of schedule doesn't matter anymore --
except for one point. If the Broncos make it into the postseason with the
schedule they have, they just may be the team nobody wants to play
thereafter. Same with the Giants.