PDA

View Full Version : Microsoft enters the tablet word with a bang

Davii
06-20-2012, 11:08 PM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dpzu3HM2CIo&feature=youtub:coffee:e_gdata_player

I want one. Feel free to send me one for Christmas.

sneakers
06-21-2012, 01:07 AM
wat do?

Davii
06-21-2012, 01:33 AM
wat do?

do wat?

MasterShake
06-21-2012, 08:04 AM
Thats pretty slick how the cover is also the keyboard. I think a lot of people forget that Microsoft were the first on the tablet computer scene in 2002 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2002/nov02/11-07tablet2002launchpr.aspx

I think tablets are pretty neat for apps and web browsing, but I'd rather just have a compact laptop.

BroncoJoe
06-21-2012, 08:53 AM
My tablet (an Android) is nice if we're watching TV and I want to look up something quick, but I'd rather have a netbook or something. Might be better if I had a bluetooth keyboard - typing anything on the touch screen is a pain.

That said, this tablet looks pretty sweet. Watch out, i guys...

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 11:07 AM
Thats pretty slick how the cover is also the keyboard. I think a lot of people forget that Microsoft were the first on the tablet computer scene in 2002 https://www.microsoft.com/en-us/news/press/2002/nov02/11-07tablet2002launchpr.aspx

I think tablets are pretty neat for apps and web browsing, but I'd rather just have a compact laptop.

anymore, there really is gettting less and less need for a laptop. Not only are the apps getting to be as efficient as computer programs, but with off-site storage laptops are soon to be as obsolete as the flip-phone.

SR
06-21-2012, 11:40 AM
I prefer my laptop only because of the keyboard, but I play with my iPad more now than I ever have. That Surface looks sick though.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 12:07 PM
I prefer my laptop only because of the keyboard, but I play with my iPad more now than I ever have. That Surface looks sick though.

yeah... the keyboard thing is something I agree with completely. I dn't like typing on flat surfaces on a full keyboard (I love my touch keypad for texting MUCH more than the tiny flip keyboards though). At least this Microsoft pad has a keyboard, so thats intriguing. But the convenience of a pad over a laptop, just isn't comparable.

ITs awesome to be around in a time that we can have such access to so much at our fingertips no matter where we go. The younger generation doesn't get just how much of a different lifestyle that is, since they've always had it.

Davii
06-21-2012, 12:16 PM
Red, get me one for Christmas.

I think this tablet represents the evolution of both the tablet and laptop. The keyboard thing is really innovative, a full keyboard that doubles as the cover and is only .3mm thick? Badass.

This brings the tablet to those that need to actually type shit. The tech specs are very impressive. Many techboi sites are already touting it as the tablet to beat now.

If nothing else this will spur competition and forward thinking. Apple is always on top of being the first to get something out there, but they aren't the best at continuing to innovate with that product. Sorry, many phone companies make phones that are far superior to the iphone....

But, I do think that some REAL competition in the market place for tablets will just spur some serious innovation. I, for one, am excited to see it. Also, I don't think microsoft wants to continue making tablets long. I think this was a smack to their hardware partners, basically telling them to step up their game...

We shall see... For now, I want one.

Davii
06-21-2012, 12:17 PM
yeah... the keyboard thing is something I agree with completely. I dn't like typing on flat surfaces on a full keyboard (I love my touch keypad for texting MUCH more than the tiny flip keyboards though). At least this Microsoft pad has a keyboard, so thats intriguing. But the convenience of a pad over a laptop, just isn't comparable.

ITs awesome to be around in a time that we can have such access to so much at our fingertips no matter where we go. The younger generation doesn't get just how much of a different lifestyle that is, since they've always had it.

That keyboard is the most intriguing to me at this point. It's just a screen cover...with keys. .3mm thin...

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 12:21 PM
Red, get me one for Christmas.

I think this tablet represents the evolution of both the tablet and laptop. The keyboard thing is really innovative, a full keyboard that doubles as the cover and is only .3mm thick? Badass.

This brings the tablet to those that need to actually type shit. The tech specs are very impressive. Many techboi sites are already touting it as the tablet to beat now.

If nothing else this will spur competition and forward thinking. Apple is always on top of being the first to get something out there, but they aren't the best at continuing to innovate with that product. Sorry, many phone companies make phones that are far superior to the iphone....

But, I do think that some REAL competition in the market place for tablets will just spur some serious innovation. I, for one, am excited to see it. Also, I don't think microsoft wants to continue making tablets long. I think this was a smack to their hardware partners, basically telling them to step up their game...

We shall see... For now, I want one.

ITs because Apple is too proprietary with their software. Microsoft and HTC both allowed other companies to work with their software, thus have additional minds all over the world working to improve it. Apple doesn't. As you said, they are AMAZING at coming up with the new innovative ideas (the iphone changed our world)...but then fail to keep progressing that product while others not only improve upon it, but out sell.

NightTerror218
06-21-2012, 12:43 PM
I might get the SURFACE, when version 2 comes out 6 months after the first one is released. They always seem to do that. Get the first version out and then have a new replacement soon to fix bugs.

I own no apple things and thinking of switching to iphone and ipod just because everything is so catered to them. Most because of hooking to a car stereo and the simplicity of itunes.