PDA

View Full Version : Im not the one who should be talking but...

OB
10-26-2007, 02:53 PM
I think Ive been pretty decent on these boards about not instigating - but if mods/council hasnt caught onto a few certain posters being instigators and making these boards a very unhappy place to be then PM me and I will tell you who they are :tsk::tsk:

http://smileys.sur-la-toile.com/repository/Grands_Smileys/arc-en-ciel-58.gif

underrated29
10-26-2007, 03:06 PM
am i included in your list :bncry::redface:

OB
10-26-2007, 03:37 PM
am i included in your list :bncry::redface:

No - its just the King and I :D

anton...
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
i dont like change...

:foilhat:
________
MEDICAL MARIJUANA CARD (http://medicalmarijuanacard.info)

Denver Native (Carol)
10-26-2007, 06:09 PM
I think Ive been pretty decent on these boards about not instigating - but if mods/council hasnt caught onto a few certain posters being instigators and making these boards a very unhappy place to be then PM me and I will tell you who they are :tsk::tsk:

It is very hard for mods to check all forums/threads/posts - so please report any post you feel is not within the posted Rules/Guidelines.

Jody
10-26-2007, 06:41 PM
I think Ive been pretty decent on these boards about not instigating - but if mods/council hasnt caught onto a few certain posters being instigators and making these boards a very unhappy place to be then PM me and I will tell you who they are

Yes OB, you have been a 'good little girl' (doesn't that have a ring of "Yes, Virginia, There IS a Santa Claus?"). :D Yet, I rather miss some of your more obstinant posts from 'the other side' ("The Dark Side"), as I would be sitting all by myself in my house just laughing so hard and rooting you on. A little anger is good for one's soul. I want my old OB420 back! :cool: Or would that be considered instigating?

*Puts serious face back on*......
You were an angel compared to many over 'there'. You are just rather plain-spoken, but you always had something to contribute, and only after someone was past 'rude'.

Proposition: I'll pm you with who I think the trouble makers are and YOU pm me. We'll compare! :D

Tned
10-26-2007, 06:51 PM
Proposition: I'll pm you with who I think the trouble makers are and YOU pm me. We'll compare! :D

Uh Oh, I hope I don't make the top 10!! :shocked:

Seriously, I know I for one have not been able to spend as much time online the last few weeks as I would like (due to work and personal reasons). I know the mods will react to a post that is clearly breaking the rules or crosses the line, but I think on borderline stuff if their is no complaint they might let things go.

If their are ongoing problems with posters, what we really need you to do is report those posts or let us know what poster(s) you are concerned with and why (example posts).

Jody
10-26-2007, 07:09 PM

Seriously, I know I for one have not been able to spend as much time online the last few weeks as I would like (due to work and personal reasons). I know the mods will react to a post that is clearly breaking the rules or crosses the line, but I think on borderline stuff if their is no complaint they might let things go.

If their are ongoing problems with posters, what we really need you to do is report those posts or let us know what poster(s) you are concerned with and why (example posts).

Honestly tned, I'm not seeing enormous abuses, just personality traits that just go along with certain posters. Since I've gone through the 12-step program, I'm accepting of them as well. :D

Reidman
10-26-2007, 07:24 PM
Not to get off topic but what ever happened with the high five system..???:confused:

BroncoBJ
10-26-2007, 07:33 PM
Am I an instigator? :lol: I do like to instigate people and push them to the edge and I like to throw down but I think I've behaved myself for the most part on this site :)

Escobar
10-26-2007, 07:35 PM
Am I an instigator? :lol: I do like to instigate people and push them to the edge and I like to throw down but I think I've behaved myself for the most part on this site :)

:offtopic:

your such a bandwagner.....you claim to be a yankees fan throughout the seaosn, then you jump on the rockies bandwagon and now that they are going to lose you jump on the red sox bandwagon......wow:rolleyes:

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:37 PM
Not to get off topic but what ever happened with the high five system..???:confused:

I was waiting for someone to bring this up...;)

Jody
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
I was waiting for someone to bring this up...;)

Hmmmm....Interesting.....

I've been waiting for YOU to bring this up. :laugh:

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:38 PM
Hmmmm....Interesting.....

I've been waiting for YOU to bring this up. :laugh:

and why would I bring it up?

Uncle Buck
10-26-2007, 07:39 PM

YOU make the notorious "Top Ten," tned!? Never! Well, mebbe over at that "other" forum, but not HERE! :D

It's ME I'm worried about. And, before you call me "paranoid," I KNOW people are out to get me! :eek:

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:40 PM

your such a bandwagner.....you claim to be a yankees fan throughout the seaosn, then you jump on the rockies bandwagon and now that they are going to lose you jump on the red sox bandwagon......wow:rolleyes:

so he is a instigating bandwagoner?

I knew he was a troublemaker but this too?:D

Jody
10-26-2007, 07:41 PM
and why would I bring it up?

You are on the advisory board!

*Must I remind you of everything?* :D

Jody
10-26-2007, 07:42 PM

We can now refer to him with a new warm fuzzy, "Hopper".

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:45 PM
You are on the advisory board!

*Must I remind you of everything?* :D

Yes I am but I still don't think I should be or would be the
one to bring it up.

TXBRONC
10-26-2007, 08:00 PM

I did do that with one poster, I think helped for about 10 minutes. ;)

Tned
10-26-2007, 08:33 PM

Funny you should mention that. I thought everyone forgot about it.... :lol:

Actually, what happened is that it lost focus as we were reforming the advisory board. Moving the mods into non-voting positions on the board and then replacing them with new members (two of the four spots have been filled).

It was just this week that we have started discussing the Hi-Five system again. We should have some resolution on it soon.

BroncoBJ
10-26-2007, 09:22 PM

I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life.
Where have you been?
You can ask anyone.
I've always loved Boston :elefant:

KCL
10-26-2007, 09:57 PM
I've been a Red Sox fan my whole life.
Where have you been?
You can ask anyone.
I've always loved Boston :elefant:

LIAR...........:laugh:

BroncoBJ
10-26-2007, 10:54 PM
LIAR...........:laugh:

:lol: I know but I dont get where he thinks I'm a Boston fan??

The Red Sox Nation thing in my sig has been there since August.

And everyone knows I'm a Yankees fan anyways :salute:

Dawg doesn't know whats going on :(

LordTrychon
10-27-2007, 06:23 PM
I'm gonna go on topic for a minute -

Keeping track of repeat offenders of any type of offense - language, flaming, instigating, innapropriate pictures - is THE single hardest thing for a group of moderators to do. Especially when multiple moderators may be dealing with the offenses seperately - possibly without the others' knowledge.

Also, it's not easy to decide what to do with these habitual minor offenders? Deal with it? Give them XX amount of vacation for every XX offenses you catch?

Anytime any member feels that they see a repeating pattern with a poster, they should point it out to a moderator or staff member, as the pattern may have been unnoticed.

Anyone who takes on these kind of jobs deserves a little thanks because this is just a small part of what they have to deal with. :elefant:

Funny you should mention that. I thought everyone forgot about it.... :lol:

Actually, what happened is that it lost focus as we were reforming the advisory board. Moving the mods into non-voting positions on the board and then replacing them with new members (two of the four spots have been filled).

It was just this week that we have started discussing the Hi-Five system again. We should have some resolution on it soon.

Is it still up in the air as to whether or not it should exist, or are you just working out details? If it's still up in the air, this is something I would think could warrant a full board vote. I don't know how you guys are handling these things or what processes 'the board' has gone through, but I'm very curious about it. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

Tned
10-27-2007, 07:04 PM
Is it still up in the air as to whether or not it should exist, or are you just working out details? If it's still up in the air, this is something I would think could warrant a full board vote. I don't know how you guys are handling these things or what processes 'the board' has gone through, but I'm very curious about it. Sorry if this has been covered elsewhere.

The process (which became delayed in the middle) is:

1. Members requested a Reputation/reward/CP type system.

2. The advisory board discussed it and decided to propsose the Hi Five system.

3. A public discussion thread was created to get feedback on the proposal: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123

4. The board takes that feedback and makes a final decision on how to proceed or makes a re-proposal.

We are on step four, which should have been finished a while back, but we became side tracked with refining the actual composition/structure of the board.

As to group votes (polls), we have decided not to use them for decision making, because they riddled with short comings, not the least of which people often vote first, and read discussions on any given topic second.

I know I didn't answer your question about whether or not there will be a system, but I would rather wait until a complete decision has been made by the advisory board before talking about any specific details.

sneakers
10-29-2007, 06:56 AM
The process (which became delayed in the middle) is:

1. Members requested a Reputation/reward/CP type system.

2. The advisory board discussed it and decided to propsose the Hi Five system.

3. A public discussion thread was created to get feedback on the proposal: http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=2123

4. The board takes that feedback and makes a final decision on how to proceed or makes a re-proposal.

We are on step four, which should have been finished a while back, but we became side tracked with refining the actual composition/structure of the board.

As to group votes (polls), we have decided not to use them for decision making, because they riddled with short comings, not the least of which people often vote first, and read discussions on any given topic second.

I know I didn't answer your question about whether or not there will be a system, but I would rather wait until a complete decision has been made by the advisory board before talking about any specific details.

Wow! Just like drafting the Constitution! We are honored to be in such a notable era in history. If Tned was a member pf the Constitutional committee, who would he be? Thomas Jefferson? Robert Morris? Maybe even Richard Dobbs Spaight?!?

Poet
10-29-2007, 06:59 AM
No - its just the King and I :D

Did you forget to add a 87 at the end of that name?

topscribe
10-29-2007, 11:40 AM
:lol: I know but I dont get where he thinks I'm a Boston fan??

The Red Sox Nation thing in my sig has been there since August.

And everyone knows I'm a Yankees fan anyways :salute:

Dawg doesn't know whats going on :(

Your sig . . . :lol:

The guy in blue looks like he has to go to the bathroom. :laugh:

-----