PDA

View Full Version : Top 25 Playoff Performances

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 12:12 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8042056/the-top-25-postseason-performances-nfl-history

Some Broncos fans won't be too happy with this ranking:

12. Broncos RB Terrell Davis vs. Packers, Super Bowl XXXII

Not even a migraine headache could derail Davis on his way to MVP honors in Super Bowl XXXII. Davis sat out the second quarter while nursing the migraine but still managed to carry the ball 30 times for 157 yards and become the only player ever to score three rushing touchdowns in the Super Bowl.

Also some notable Broncos "performances" we'd like to forget on the list.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 12:14 PM
I don't consider the sb a playoff.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 12:16 PM
I don't consider the sb a playoff.

Why not?

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 12:19 PM
Why not?

playoff are games to win superbowl participation. NFC champions vs. the AFC champions. they've already "played off" by superbowl kickoff. heck, even before that.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 12:57 PM
there is not a single RB in the history od the NFL with better play-off numbers than TD !
they won 9 of the 10 games he played and he ran for over 100 yards in all of them! his YPC is the best too ! TD belongs in the HOF for his play-off performances alone ! when running the ball is the toughest, TD was the very best !

MasterShake
06-20-2012, 01:13 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8042056/the-top-25-postseason-performances-nfl-history

Some Broncos fans won't be too happy with this ranking:

Also some notable Broncos "performances" we'd like to forget on the list.

Not a bad ranking, but I don't think Riggins should have beat him out at #9. Also the Broncos are listed on there SEVEN times, and all but the Superbowl Win were bad memories. Seems like we tend to have more than our fair share of record setting performances against us...

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 01:21 PM
Not a bad ranking, but I don't think Riggins should have beat him out at #9. Also the Broncos are listed on there SEVEN times, and all but the Superbowl Win were bad memories. Seems like we tend to have more than our fair share of record setting performances against us...

BUT, we're on there more than any other team, which means we were good enough to be there more than others.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 01:22 PM

good post MS and I would probably agree if I had more football knowledge at my disposal. I was wondering if Mo was just being negative again.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 01:23 PM
BUT, we're on there more than any other team, which means we were good enough to be there more than others.

well, maybe not according to your objective reasoning.

Buff
06-20-2012, 02:13 PM
Where is Frank Reich? I guess he gets penalized for their crappy first half.

Mannway187
06-20-2012, 05:05 PM
Seven times overall is impressive but what about "THE DRIVE"? Personally both of the AFC title games against the Browns were great games and the hard faught home game against the Oilers, and then the game against Marty's Chiefs at arrowhead. Nail biters for sure but not good enough to make the ESPN list. Still how do you have the 25 best without Elways 1st and 99 drive to tie that game?

NightTerror218
06-20-2012, 05:46 PM
why are we on there so much for being picked apart, little depressing.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 06:15 PM
Seven times overall is impressive but what about "THE DRIVE"? Personally both of the AFC title games against the Browns were great games and the hard faught home game against the Oilers, and then the game against Marty's Chiefs at arrowhead. Nail biters for sure but not good enough to make the ESPN list. Still how do you have the 25 best without Elways 1st and 99 drive to tie that game?

Because it wasn't greatest moments, it was greatest games.

Elway wasn't great in that game until the end.

Mannway187
06-21-2012, 11:27 AM

Appearantly there are seven other games he wasn't great in either and they made the list. Thats it, I aint watchin ESPN anymore. They're biased and obviously anti Elway.

Northman
06-21-2012, 11:34 AM

I disagree. But only because of how you define great games. For me, the Brown games, GB vs Den, Hou vs Buff are great games. Blowout losses to SF and Wash are snoozers and over before they get started.

MOtorboat
06-21-2012, 03:22 PM
I disagree. But only because of how you define great games. For me, the Brown games, GB vs Den, Hou vs Buff are great games. Blowout losses to SF and Wash are snoozers and over before they get started.

Fair enough. It appears their criteria, for all four major sports that they did this for, was fairly statistical.

Mannway187
06-22-2012, 03:32 AM

I liked the way the Washington game began with Elway dropping that sweet bomb into Ricky Natiels hands for the 80 yd TD. That game was going great until the refs robbed Rulon Jones and declared that Williams was down inside the 10. I know he fumbled, he knows he fumbled, hell even Ray Charles could see that he fumbled. But that was before instant replay became available for the refs who said he was down by contact. Then the Skins changed their cleats before the second quarter and history happened. Who'd uh thunk we'd get outsmarted by those pesky Redskins equipment managers. Frickin terrorist towelmen! Those are the guys that really beat us. ESPN failed to mention them in the top 25 didn't they? So, for me that game was one quarter excitement, three quarters snooz-o-ramma, topped off with a fair amount of cussing.

Northman
06-22-2012, 04:32 AM
I liked the way the Washington game began with Elway dropping that sweet bomb into Ricky Natiels hands for the 80 yd TD. That game was going great until the refs robbed Rulon Jones and declared that Williams was down inside the 10. I know he fumbled, he knows he fumbled, hell even Ray Charles could see that he fumbled. But that was before instant replay became available for the refs who said he was down by contact. Then the Skins changed their cleats before the second quarter and history happened. Who'd uh thunk we'd get outsmarted by those pesky Redskins equipment managers. Frickin terrorist towelmen! Those are the guys that really beat us. ESPN failed to mention them in the top 25 didn't they? So, for me that game was one quarter excitement, three quarters snooz-o-ramma, topped off with a fair amount of cussing.

That second quarter will always haunt me and has forever made me hate the foreskins.