PDA

View Full Version : Percy Harvin is requesting a trade. Should we go after him?

iLands
06-20-2012, 09:24 AM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/215430540038385664

Do you think Denver should trade for Percy Harvin? If so, what would you trade for him? What do you think we'd have to trade to acquire him?

Northman
06-20-2012, 09:34 AM
I would be interested. But a 1st rounder plus Kno Mo and we are good to go.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 09:40 AM
I would be interested. But a 1st rounder plus Kno Mo and we are good to go.

I think he might be worth pursuing. I think he can be had for less than what North suggests

silkamilkamonico
06-20-2012, 09:55 AM
Vikings asking for 2 firsts and a 3rd.

Is he worth it? He can be kind of a headache sometimes...

TXBRONC
06-20-2012, 09:56 AM
I wouldn't mind but I don't see it happening. North is right in that it's going cost at very least one first round pick.

underrated29
06-20-2012, 10:00 AM
I would love him here!! But 2 firsts and a 3rd is waaaaaaaaay to much. If we were going to do that id rather have just blown a first mike wallace from the Steelers.

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 10:02 AM
He's not going anywhere

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 10:03 AM
He's not going anywhere

I don't agree with that, and not just because we hate each other. I think he's serious on wanting to get out of Detroit

underrated29
06-20-2012, 10:08 AM
I don't agree with that, and not just because we hate each other. I think he's serious on wanting to get out of Detroit

Well nut, i disagree with that , and not because we are friends. Its because you are a dumbshit.

OrangeHoof
06-20-2012, 10:23 AM
He's too injury prone to give up that much. The Vikes are essentially saying that if you're stupid enough to surrender two firsts and a third for Percy Harvin, why suuuuuure, we'll trade with you.

BroncoNut
06-20-2012, 10:34 AM
He's too injury prone to give up that much. The Vikes are essentially saying that if you're stupid enough to surrender two firsts and a third for Percy Harvin, why suuuuuure, we'll trade with you.

exactly. some people have no street smarts

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 10:37 AM

Well, then there shouldn't be a problem.... since he's in Minnesota.

But the reason I dont think he's going anywhere, is just because HE's serious about wanting "out" based on his contract.... the fact is he's been paid well for what he's provided. Now he feels he's not being paid well enough since his base salary isn't as high as others in the NFL. I guess he forgot all the up-front money he was given, typical of these guys.

But it shows you that the Vikings aren't serious about granting his wish by the ridiculous amount they would want for him. They are saying, we aren't going to simply trade him away, unless someone gives the same amount a franchise QB gets. Its absurd, and no one is going to come close.

Northman
06-20-2012, 10:56 AM
Lmao, poor Nut.

weazel
06-20-2012, 11:00 AM

Is he worth it? He can be kind of a headache sometimes...

lol no thanks

weazel
06-20-2012, 11:02 AM
for two 1st and a 3rd you can get a whole lot more than percy harvin

TXBRONC
06-20-2012, 11:05 AM
Harvin is a very versatile player any he could make a huge impact in Denver but the cost is way to much. Elway said awhile back something to the effect he has to try and balance in the present with the future. If he were to give up two first round picks plus a third for Harven can't really been seen as anything mortaging the future.

MasterShake
06-20-2012, 11:12 AM
Maybe the Jets would go after him in case they have to go to Tebow? Those two know each other pretty well. I'm happy with our recievers right now.

iLands
06-20-2012, 11:13 AM
When I made this post, the Vikings hadn't released the cost. I thought a single first round pick would be more than adequate. That is just ridiculous. Great move Vikings. You are idiots. You'll lose a player in two years to FA and receive nothing. That is truly how winning organizations are built.

rationalfan
06-20-2012, 11:21 AM

source? i'm not trying to be snotty, i just haven't read/heard that anywhere.

TXBRONC
06-20-2012, 11:24 AM
With two years left on his contract the Vikings have more than enough to make nice with Harvin.

Winning organizations are not built placating disgruntled players just because they're not happen with their current contract.

artie_dale
06-20-2012, 11:27 AM
There is no way Percy Harvin is worth a single 1st round pick, let alone two 1sts and a 3rd. Harvin WANTS to leave Minn, first of all... We only got what, a 2nd or 3rd for Brandon Marshall??? Harvin is worth much, much less, imo. Not nearly as productive and very injury prone.

iLands
06-20-2012, 11:28 AM
source? i'm not trying to be snotty, i just haven't read/heard that anywhere.

I'm seconding this. I'd love to see the source because I haven't seen it either.

Winning organizations are not built placating disgruntled players just because they're not happen with their current contract.

We don't know that this is a contract dispute. I haven't seen a single source for that. If you have one, that'd be great. I'm trying to stay on top of this situation.

Artie_Dale: Injury prone? He's only missed three games in his career.

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 11:37 AM
He won't say what the "mysterious" problem is. But what could it be? Its either money, or his "role" in the offense. Either way, he's under contract for 2 years and has NO leverage. The Vikings aren't making a mistake by not placating to some player that wants to take his money they have already handed to him, and run purely because NOW he feels he's underpaid or doesn't like how he's being used. Welcome to the NFL. Strap on your helmet and play as you've been paid to do. Losing franchises pay out big money to players that aren't worth it, or simply allow players to leave. Letting players leave purely becuase they want to, is how losing franchises continue to lose.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 11:40 AM
I don't think draft pick compensation has been reported by anyone, because most analysts are saying he won't be traded unless they get starters in return...

artie_dale
06-20-2012, 11:55 AM
I'm seconding this. I'd love to see the source because I haven't seen it either.

We don't know that this is a contract dispute. I haven't seen a single source for that. If you have one, that'd be great. I'm trying to stay on top of this situation.

Missing games and playing injured... I admit I exagerrated, but he has played injured often. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but no way is he worth more than Brandon Marshall.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 11:56 AM
Missing games and playing injured... I admit I exagerrated, but he has played injured often. Don't get me wrong, I like the kid, but no way is he worth more than Brandon Marshall.

There are durability question marks...

NightTerror218
06-20-2012, 12:18 PM

I would not call it injury prone, he had migraine issues. It still sidelined him, but supposedly they are better.

Solution
06-20-2012, 02:25 PM
I would not call it injury prone, he had migraine issues. It still sidelined him, but supposedly they are better.

Even with those being better I wonder how the altitude might affect the issue.

I like Harvin and all but i don't see him being worth a first given what receivers seem to be 'going for' + his injury/health concerns.

NightTerror218
06-20-2012, 02:27 PM
Even with those being better I wonder how the altitude might affect the issue.

I like Harvin and all but i don't see him being worth a first given what receivers seem to be 'going for' + his injury/health concerns.

He is not coming to Denver. We have Thomas and Decker who EF seem high on and are both up and coming. I think our WR is going to be fine. I think TE is going to be highly used and glad we have more depth there.

Solution
06-20-2012, 02:31 PM
He is not coming to Denver. We have Thomas and Decker who EF seem high on and are both up and coming. I think our WR is going to be fine. I think TE is going to be highly used and glad we have more depth there.

oh I fully agree with that I have no delusions he 'is' coming here though the thread did ask IF we should. I am completely happy with what we have at both positions.

NightTerror218
06-20-2012, 02:34 PM
oh I fully agree with that I have no delusions he 'is' coming here though the thread did ask IF we should. I am completely happy with what we have at both positions.

I should rephrase, we would not pursue him.

Poet
06-20-2012, 02:44 PM
I wasn't aware that his production was so good.

Simple Jaded
06-20-2012, 03:02 PM
Two 1st's, a 3rd and a new contract is too much for Calvin Johnson. Players are like cars, for the most part they lose value the second you sign on the dotted line, only the rare ones go up in value and there isn't a F'n thing rare about Percy Harvin. Al Davis wouldn't give that much for an idiot WR with chronic migraine issues.

Trade two 1's and a 3rd for Harvin only months after passing on Mike Wallace? If you wanna trade for a WR that wants huge money you coulda had Wallace, who is a far better player who coulda been had for far better compensation.......

Mannway187
06-20-2012, 04:13 PM
I wouldn't trade 2 6ths and a 7th for this guy. He takes to many plays off, a trait he must have learned from Randy Moss. And just like Moss he wants out because he isn't used enough. Which is the same as saying "we could win lot more games if you give me the ball more". But when they lose he'll be the first one to make sure everyone knows it wasn't his fault. We don't need that kind of cancer anywhere near our camp. I'm more interested in the wrs we already had and the new ones we added this year. Especially this UFA, http://blog.denverbroncos.com/tag/eric-page/. Sounds to me like we may have the second comming of Rod Smith except Rod didn't return punts and kickoffs like this kid can. Let the Vikes keep their junk, we don't have no room in our trunk.

ShaneFalco
06-20-2012, 04:30 PM
watched this guy score 2 tds on us last game, yes please

Solution
06-20-2012, 04:42 PM
watched this guy score 2 tds on us last game, yes please

You know I get that and all, but really do we want a diva in the making wide receiver, who likes to take plays off, has migraine issues and is coming off a surgery on his shoulder. Add in to the fact we have good depth at that position already (as others have mentioned) I just don't see it.

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 04:44 PM
The Vikings have saide "we are not looking, or looking into, trades for Percy Harvin." Period. They aren't going to trade him.

Solution
06-20-2012, 04:48 PM
The Vikings have saide "we are not looking, or looking into, trades for Percy Harvin." Period. They aren't going to trade him.

translation "no one has offered us enough yet" or "up the offer if you want him gentlemen we think he is worth more"

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 04:55 PM
translation "no one has offered us enough yet" or "up the offer if you want him gentlemen we think he is worth more"

That could be said for ANY Player in the NFL (basically). The point is, they are NOT going to pursue trading him purely because he "asks" for a trade. Good teams do not trade every player that throws out the "I'm mad, I want out of here" threat. The new CBA protected the teams and owner of this kind of behavior, and the players don't really have a leg to stand on like they used to.

Translation = The Vikings are NOT going to trade Harvin.

Solution
06-20-2012, 04:59 PM
That could be said for ANY Player in the NFL (basically). The point is, they are NOT going to pursue trading him purely because he "asks" for a trade. Good teams do not trade every player that throws out the "I'm mad, I want out of here" threat. The new CBA protected the teams and owner of this kind of behavior, and the players don't really have a leg to stand on like they used to.

Translation = The Vikings are NOT going to trade Harvin.

hahaha oh I know. I just find it funny when teams put out a statement like that as any player is expendable for the 'right price'

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 05:15 PM
harvin wants more money, his agent is in his head.

the vikes are testing the waters with their demands too.
there might be somebody as stoopid as shanahan or matt millen out there.

I wouldnt give detroit shyte for harvin ' cause they dont own him !

The guy is top 5 for all purpose yards in the NFL, but I am also one of those who thinks he would be a luxury based on our present core of receivers.

wake me up when a top tier SAFETY is looking for a new team.
no mercy for percy, sorry.

Jsteve01
06-20-2012, 06:24 PM
You know I get that and all, but really do we want a diva in the making wide receiver, who likes to take plays off, has migraine issues and is coming off a surgery on his shoulder. Add in to the fact we have good depth at that position already (as others have mentioned) I just don't see it.

look I like DT and Decker as much as anyone but they were hurt when we drafted them and they've both have been hot and cold.. The potential of this group is really nice but first they have to get on the field and stay there. Minus them you're talking bubba caldwell, stokely and willis as your top three. That's not depth

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 06:42 PM
http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8076348/minnesota-vikings-gm-no-interest-trading-percy-harvin-wr-leaves-minicamp-early
herte is an article on percy.
he aint goin nowhere.

OrangeHoof
06-20-2012, 06:47 PM

He had injury problems at Florida too. Thinly-built jitterbugs have tendency to do that.

12and4
06-20-2012, 07:26 PM
https://twitter.com/TomPelissero/status/215430540038385664

Do you think Denver should trade for Percy Harvin? If so, what would you trade for him? What do you think we'd have to trade to acquire him?

Dude if you wanted me to customize the sig you coulda just asked lol. I'll put your name on it.

http://i.imgur.com/HGlEW.png

use that.

you made me double take lol.

Broncfan1970
06-20-2012, 09:04 PM

look I like DT and Decker as much as anyone but they were hurt when we drafted them and they've both have been hot and cold.. The potential of this group is really nice but first they have to get on the field and stay there. Minus them you're talking bubba caldwell, stokely and willis as your top three. That's not depth Maybe you forget the QBs they had. If you are a WR who has a QB Orton who can't complete passes cause he faints like a goat at the sight of a pass rush and another who throws like crap in the dirt, behind ect then this could explain hot and cold...

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 09:25 PM
we could add percy to our group of old or injured receivers and give them a cute name like, "the mash unit".

TXBRONC
06-20-2012, 09:39 PM

It might be a bad assumption on my part but nevertheless the main point is winning organizations don't trade disgruntled players at the drop of a hat.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM
he wants a new contract, thats why he is communicating thru his agent ! if it was on the field football issues, there would be no reason to involve his agent, his trade demand is the phase 2 of pay me more or else.
does he actually want out of the vikes, probably. will he be allowed to leave, fat chance !

bcbronc
06-20-2012, 11:21 PM
Two 1st's, a 3rd and a new contract is too much for Calvin Johnson. Players are like cars, for the most part they lose value the second you sign on the dotted line, only the rare ones go up in value and there isn't a F'n thing rare about Percy Harvin. Al Davis wouldn't give that much for an idiot WR with chronic migraine issues.

Trade two 1's and a 3rd for Harvin only months after passing on Mike Wallace? If you wanna trade for a WR that wants huge money you coulda had Wallace, who is a far better player who coulda been had for far better compensation.......

I don't really agree with the bolded. Wallace is the better deep threat, okay. But Harvin is one of the most versatile players in the league. Heck, MIN lined him up at tailback and ran him between the tackles...in the red zone...and he looked good doing it. Running a 3-WR, 1 TE set with DT, Decker, and Harvin, with the pass-catching options we have at TE and RB, it would be darn near unstoppable under Manning.

Doesn't sound like he's going to be available, so it doesn't matter. But for a reasonable price like North offered, I'd love to add Harvin.

sneakers
06-21-2012, 01:18 AM
they not traded him they say.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 11:38 AM
they not traded him they say.

THanks, Yoda!

Simple Jaded
06-24-2012, 12:47 AM
I don't really agree with the bolded. Wallace is the better deep threat, okay. But Harvin is one of the most versatile players in the league. Heck, MIN lined him up at tailback and ran him between the tackles...in the red zone...and he looked good doing it. Running a 3-WR, 1 TE set with DT, Decker, and Harvin, with the pass-catching options we have at TE and RB, it would be darn near unstoppable under Manning.

Doesn't sound like he's going to be available, so it doesn't matter. But for a reasonable price like North offered, I'd love to add Harvin.
Harvin is far more versatile but Wallace is a much better WR, imo. Other than whining about the contract he signed just 2 years ago I have nothing against Harvin and I agree he'd be a great addition but, whether we agree on Wallace or not, there was an excellent chance of getting him away from Pitt for less than two No1's and a 3.......

ShaneFalco
06-24-2012, 12:01 PM
they both are good wrs, i would like any of them

MOtorboat
06-24-2012, 12:06 PM
they both are good wrs, i would like any of them

But why give up anything for them when you have a guy in Thomas that may be much more explosive and prolific than them, and a guy like Decker, who is going to be tougher and more steady?

If we were drafting receivers:
Thomas
Wallace
Decker
Harvin

However, we're not, and the acquisition of those two players wouldn't be free, so why even consider it?

topscribe
06-24-2012, 01:23 PM
The time is past to consider Harvin (never really was here). But just for
discussion's sake, I would give a 1st for, say, Patrick Willis or Navorro
Bowman. But for a WR? Any WR, at this point? Nope, not me . . . :tsk:

Chef Zambini
06-24-2012, 09:00 PM
I would give a first for larry FTZ or megatron.
but regarding harvin, that was never a viable question and has long been dead in the water.