PDA

View Full Version : Lloyd Excited to Play in Denver

titan
06-18-2009, 04:12 PM
Lloyd Excited to Play in Denver
June 18th, 2009 - 2:17pm by Gray Caldwell
(at http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/lloyd-excited-to-play-in-denver/ )

On Monday, the Broncos signed Brandon Lloyd. By Wednesday, the seventh-year pro was already jumping head-first into voluntary workouts.

He, along with about 20 teammates, went up to Red Rocks to work on conditioning — a story we’ll have more on in the next few days.

“I just kind of wanted to get adjusted to the altitude, so the best way to do that is kind of jump right in the fire,” Lloyd said with a laugh.

So while he’s already bonding with his teammates through hard work, he is already familiar with one of the quarterbacks who will be throwing him the ball when training camp rolls around.

Lloyd and Kyle Orton were teammates in Chicago last season, connecting for 26 receptions for 364 yards with two touchdowns.

The receiver said Orton was one of many reasons he decided to head to Denver.

“Probably just the excitement of having a fresh new look to the team,” he explained. “The excitement of having (Head) Coach (Josh) McDaniels here and an explosive offense, the new-look defense, just the whole thing. It was very refreshing. Of course Kyle factored into it, too — that was pretty much the icing on the cake.”

Lloyd, who has amassed 2,253 yards and 15 touchdowns throughout his career, went on to explain why he’s glad to have Orton on board.

“I think what the receivers here are going to like is he throws a very catchable ball,” he said. “I think sometimes when receivers say quarterbacks throw catchable balls, people are like, ‘Aren’t all the balls catchable?’ It’s just Kyle has the right amount of touch — he can throw a fastball, he can throw a touch ball, he throws an awesome deep ball — so the receivers here are really going to enjoy playing with him.”

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

LRtagger
06-18-2009, 04:20 PM
Good luck with that.

Lonestar
06-18-2009, 04:37 PM
I think the kid can be a very good #3-4 WR.. maybe even have to be a 1-2 this year depending on what marshall does..

Nice experienced vet that would love to get a ring over the next few years..

will he ever be a marshall? unlikely, but then we do not know how even marshall will or will not fit in..

Nature Boy
06-18-2009, 04:38 PM
Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Stokely, but missing the most important Brandon of the hatch.

Without Marshall, we'll looking at Lloyd, Royal and Stokely... scary lineup huh? Opposing secondaries, you better watch out!

titan
06-18-2009, 04:52 PM
I agree that Lloyd could be a decent #3 or #4 receiver. Not a replacement for Marshall, though. Interesting that Lloyd said Orton throws an "awesome deep ball" (Orton is not known for his deep throws - maybe the McDaniels offense will show more of his capabilities)

Requiem / The Dagda
06-18-2009, 06:49 PM
Quite honestly, I'd be surprised to see Lloyd be anything more than a #4 receiver here. It is all depending on Marshall, but meh.

T.K.O.
06-18-2009, 07:01 PM
Brandon Lloyd, Brandon Stokely, but missing the most important Brandon of the hatch.

Without Marshall, we'll looking at Lloyd, Royal and Stokely... scary lineup huh? Opposing secondaries, you better watch out!

gaffney ?

BroncoWave
06-18-2009, 07:04 PM

Marshall isn't going anywhere. Nothing has indicated that Denver is even considering trading him other than his own comments, and I wouldn't exactly call him the most trustworthy person in the world.

Nature Boy
06-18-2009, 07:07 PM
Marshall isn't going anywhere. Nothing has indicated that Denver is even considering trading him other than his own comments, and I wouldn't exactly call him the most trustworthy person in the world.

I was thinking the same thing til I woke up one morning and saw that McDummass caused Cutler to leave town.

Cutler would have stayed if not for McDummass' arrogance.

BroncoWave
06-18-2009, 07:10 PM
I was thinking the same thing til I woke up one morning and saw that McDummass caused Cutler to leave town.

Takes a pretty narrow-minded approach to just assume McD will handle every situation the exact same way. Especially seeing how he handled the Weigmann situation. Plus, Marshall has nowhere the leverage Cutler had. A QB causing all that drama can wreck your team. When a WR does it you can tell him to go shove it and come play, which appears to be what McD is going to do.

Nature Boy
06-18-2009, 07:17 PM
Takes a pretty narrow-minded approach to just assume McD will handle every situation the exact same way. Especially seeing how he handled the Weigmann situation. Plus, Marshall has nowhere the leverage Cutler had. A QB causing all that drama can wreck your team. When a WR does it you can tell him to go shove it and come play, which appears to be what McD is going to do.

I assure you Marshall will not play unless he gets what he deserves.

Marshall just came off back to back All Pro performances. He knows that without Shanny and especially Cutler, his stats will likely take a hit; his stock value at the end of a season with McDummass will drop drastically, causing a lesser contract.

T.K.O.
06-18-2009, 07:19 PM

except the part where bowlen told him "good luck in the future and he will do everything possible to accomadate his trade request" other than the owner saying have a good life and dont let the door hit you i guess your right !:rolleyes:

BroncoWave
06-18-2009, 07:20 PM

Marshall just came off back to back All Pro performances. He knows that without Shanny and especially Cutler, his stats will likely take a hit; his stock value at the end of a season with McDummass will drop drastically, causing a lesser contract.

Yes he will. No one ever holds out into the season. Even he's not that stupid. He knows if he does that his payday will be delayed even further.

BroncoWave
06-18-2009, 07:22 PM
except the part where bowlen told him "good luck in the future and he will do everything possible to accomadate his trade request" other than the owner saying have a good life and dont let the door hit you i guess your right !:rolleyes:

That's what Marshall said Bowlen said. Bowlen has said nothing publicly. I read another report somewhere that said Bowlen said other things to Marshall in that meeting than indicated that Denver could still keep him but Marshall only put part of what Bowlen told him. I love how so many people are just taking Marshall's word for it like he's suddenly a beacon of trustworthiness!

Nature Boy
06-18-2009, 07:23 PM
Yes he will. No one ever holds out into the season. Even he's not that stupid. He knows if he does that his payday will be delayed even further.

He'll end up traded 1st, we'll see.

T.K.O.
06-18-2009, 07:24 PM

not to mention he has another court date to get through and a very likely suspension if he is found guilty or cops a plea.
combined with the fact that if he has 1 more conduct issue on or off the field he will probably get the full wrath of goodell and recieve a years suspension.
therefore any team looking at him is gonna be very concerned about what they will actually get,so he knows right now is the best time to get $$$
so the season with "mcdummass is probably the least of his worries,and a season with mcdummass didnt seem to hurt randy moss' production too badly !
brandons rap sheet, risk taking ,fumbling and refusal too show up for MANDATORY camp will probably have more to do with how much he gets paid than anything else....dont ya think?

Nature Boy
06-18-2009, 07:25 PM
That's what Marshall said Bowlen said. Bowlen has said nothing publicly. I read another report somewhere that said Bowlen said other things to Marshall in that meeting than indicated that Denver could still keep him but Marshall only put part of what Bowlen told him. I love how so many people are just taking Marshall's word for it like he's suddenly a beacon of trustworthiness!

That's Bowlen/ Mcdummass cool aid must be pretty dam good. I wonder what it's spiked with?

BroncoWave
06-18-2009, 07:26 PM
not to mention he has another court date to get through and a very likely suspension if he is found guilty or cops a plea.
combined with the fact that if he has 1 more conduct issue on or off the field he will probably get the full wrath of goodell and recieve a years suspension.
therefore ant team looking at him is gonna be very concerned about what they will actually get,so he knows right now is the best time to get $$$

This is why he has no leverage and why Denver will probably not trade him.

horsepig
06-18-2009, 07:34 PM
I hope you are right Titan. I think Orton will do well in McD's offense but, we'll just have to wait and see.

Superchop 7
06-18-2009, 07:38 PM
Lloyd is excited to be playing anywhere.

Another loser joins the team.

Overtime
06-18-2009, 08:05 PM
I went to high school with Brandon Lloyd in Blue Springs, Missouri, we had an English class together. Great guy, very friendly, and had lots of energy, always cracking jokes, and making people laugh.

When he played HS Ball, he was a hard worker with a great work ethic, he had it in college too, but as is usually the case, he has really disappointed in his pro years.

I hope he can get it together and help us be productive. He has great speed, and runs sharp, crisp routes, but he seems to lack the focus an NFL WR should have.

maybe McDaniels can get some better production out of him.

It's high time he steps up and gets it together.

Gamechanger
06-18-2009, 08:58 PM
he just wants to get PAID

Shazam!
06-18-2009, 08:59 PM
That's Bowlen/ Mcdummass cool aid must be pretty dam good. I wonder what it's spiked with?

Christ I thought Lex was insane. Do you ever read your own posts and realize how you sound while at the same time telling other people they're crazy?

Need some examples? Here you go.

We only missed the Super Bowl by 1 game where our defense was unable to stop Ben Rothlisburger but not many teams have been able to do so since he entered the league.

How long will you give McDummass to take us to the playoffs? He wont ever do it thru the life of his 4 year contract. He'll be lucky to see his 3rd season here.

Also, you sound like a broken record. Even worst, what you're repeating make no sense. Read what Dean just posted above.

Shanahan always fields a competitive team year in and year out. In your reasoning, anything short of a Super Bowl victory is a failed season.

Just wait til McDummass wins less than 8 games in the next 2 seasons and then you'll wish Mike Shanahan never left.

You make no sense.

Have you watched this team this decade? This is not 1998. It was Mike Shanahan who turned this team into an AFC embarassment after obliterating his 13-3 team, sabotaging his 13-3 QB, created the worst Broncos defense we've seen since 1994, some of the worst defensive playcalling I've seen since Charlie Waters' days, and we have had to watch the Broncos play uninspired, sloppy, unmotivated, injury-plagued football, getting demolished routinely by sub-par teams we all know they should beat in must-win games...

Shall I continue?

The Broncos clearly needed a new direction. This team should've been gutted when Elway retired instead of plugging Greasy in and thinking he'll somehow blossom into Joe Montana. You say people sound like a broken record and make no sense with McD, you're 10x worse about Shanahan. Don't blame Bowlen or McD. Blame Shanahan. He dug this hole. It's McD's job to clean up the mess he created. This wasn't a Super Bowl caliber squad depite any stats conjured up or delusions of Broncos grandeur. These Broncos were mediocre.

Bowlen signs the checks. McD knows QBs and offense. Nolan knows defense and defensive personnell. Let's support them and hope they fix it.

rcsodak
06-18-2009, 11:58 PM

Pure speculation on your part...

...and most likely incorrect. :coffee:

Lonestar
06-19-2009, 12:08 AM

so I guess he gets to sit at home racking up fines instead of trying to be an ALL PRO WR you think he is.. which will cause an even bigger hit to his value..

rcsodak
06-19-2009, 12:16 AM

I love it when people type like they KNOW what they're talking about. :rolleyes:

You "assure" us? lol

So having less catches will make him get a "lesser contract"?

I'd say if he catches what's thrown to him, scores TD's, doesn't continue with the dropsies, and stays out of trouble off the field, his next contract will be just fine. IMHO.

rcsodak
06-19-2009, 12:25 AM
Christ I thought Lex was insane. Do you ever read your own posts and realize how you sound while at the same time telling other people they're crazy?

Need some examples? Here you go.

Have you watched this team this decade? This is not 1998. It was Mike Shanahan who turned this team into an AFC embarassment after obliterating his 13-3 team, sabotaging his 13-3 QB, created the worst Broncos defense we've seen since 1994, some of the worst defensive playcalling I've seen since Charlie Waters' days, and we have had to watch the Broncos play uninspired, sloppy, unmotivated, injury-plagued football, getting demolished routinely by sub-par teams we all know they should beat in must-win games...

Shall I continue?

The Broncos clearly needed a new direction. This team should've been gutted when Elway retired instead of plugging Greasy in and thinking he'll somehow blossom into Joe Montana. You say people sound like a broken record and make no sense with McD, you're 10x worse about Shanahan. Don't blame Bowlen or McD. Blame Shanahan. He dug this hole. It's McD's job to clean up the mess he created. This wasn't a Super Bowl caliber squad depite any stats conjured up or delusions of Broncos grandeur. These Broncos were mediocre.

Bowlen signs the checks. McD knows QBs and offense. Nolan knows defense and defensive personnell. Let's support them and hope they fix it.

You make no sense.

:lol: