PDA

View Full Version : NFL Game rewind will now include coaches film (the all-22 camera angles)

Tned
06-18-2012, 09:48 AM
I've been waiting for this. Last year, a handful of plays from each game included the high sideline and endzone all-22 cameras that showed all 22 players. The NFL put out a survey last year asking fans if they wanted it and how much they would pay. They are going to offer it this year, even though not all football execs are happy about it:

Starting in 2012, the online NFL’s Game Rewind feature will include access to the mysterious and secretive “All-22″ coaches film.

Spotted by the folks at Deadspin, it’s a nonchalantly-added wrinkle to the one-penny-less-than-$70 package. Anyone who buys Game Rewind will be able to view, among other things, “Coaches Film for every play in 2012.”

The move surely didn’t come without a fight. As Deadspin points out, an item last year from the Wall Street Journal explains that former Redskins and Texans G.M. Charley Casserly was opposed to disclosing the footage. ”[H]e voted against releasing All-22 footage because he worried that if fans had access, it would open players and teams up to a level of criticism far beyond the current hum of talk radio,” Reed Albergotti of “the Wall“wv wrote. ”Casserly believed fans would jump to conclusions after watching one or two games in the All 22, without knowing the full story.”

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/15/nfl-making-coaches-film-available-to-the-public/

Also, you can see some of the details on the NFL Game Rewind page: https://gamerewind.nfl.com/nflgr/secure/packages?ttv=1&ttp=3&icampaign=Prod_GR_Nav#featurecoach

For guys like me that like to analyze and over-analyze plays to death, this is an awesome tool.

Ravage!!!
06-18-2012, 12:10 PM
I agree.. its an awsome tool................ IF you know what you are looking at. I can see Casserly's point. But would still be fun to watch.

Tned
06-18-2012, 12:15 PM
I hope they add the coach's cams to all plays from last year (you get access to past years games with the rewind package). I would be curious to look at some of the Tebow games to see exactly what the field looked like on some of his tuck and runs. Quite often with the regular rewind views, you had to make some guesses as to who was/wasn't open at various points in any given play.

BroncoWave
06-18-2012, 12:43 PM
The tool professional message board debaters have been waiting for!

broncobryce
06-18-2012, 01:06 PM
This is great news, although not sure I have the $$$ to get it.

BroncoWave
06-18-2012, 01:10 PM
I don't think I'd want it. I already go crazy enough pondering what Denver could have done differently to win after losses. I think this would just be too much.

Tned
06-18-2012, 01:12 PM
I don't think I'd want it. I already go crazy enough pondering what Denver could have done differently to win after losses. I think this would just be too much.

The other bonus with Rewind for those that don't get the games locally or with NFLST, is that you get to watch the full broadcast of the game in HD

Canmore
06-18-2012, 01:24 PM
The other bonus with Rewind for those that don't get the games locally or with NFLST, is that you get to watch the full broadcast of the game in HD

Are you getting a commission Tned?

Tned
06-18-2012, 01:59 PM
Are you getting a commission Tned?

lol, just a fan of the service.

dogfish
06-18-2012, 04:13 PM
that rocks super hard. . . only problem is now idiots who still have no idea what they're looking at will brag about "watching film". . . .

Tned
06-18-2012, 04:29 PM
that rocks super hard. . . only problem is now idiots who still have no idea what they're looking at will brag about "watching film". . . .

Hey, no need to take shots at me!!! :mad:

MOtorboat
06-18-2012, 06:57 PM

Like you.

I keed...I keed.

I'm with BTB...I'd drive myself nuts.

Simple Jaded
06-19-2012, 10:46 PM
”Casserly believed fans would jump to conclusions after watching one or two games in the All 22, without knowing the full story"

And that's different how?.......

Ravage!!!
06-19-2012, 11:03 PM
”Casserly believed fans would jump to conclusions after watching one or two games in the All 22, without knowing the full story"

And that's different how?.......

now they feel they will have "proof" to attack a single player instead of the entire defense as a unit.

sneakers
06-19-2012, 11:51 PM
The tool professional message board debaters have been waiting for!

LOL nerds

Solution
06-20-2012, 03:15 AM
LOL nerds

But really cool nerds...

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 12:53 PM
love the end zone camera, the one offerd by the camera on the wire ! It is the best view of game and action ! sadly the old guard producers and directors that dictate what we see and how we see it FAIL to change with the technology and continue to show us the 50 yard line shor for the start of every play ! The best views we only gewt in limited replays and on kcking plays! the TV execs are idiots !
Its the3 same in the olympic swimming coverage ! they have great underwater can=meras and robotic cameras on wires, YET they continue to show us the lame middle of the pool above the water shaotds that they grew up on !
LAME !
we only see turns and touches, underwater, in replays !
wake the F up NFL!

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 02:05 PM
as I was saying.....

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 06:00 PM
as I was saying.....so your happy watching a telivised game like it was produced in the 50's?
what are you saying?