PDA

View Full Version : Is Brandstater good enough to land #1 spot?

Benetto
06-17-2009, 02:50 PM
I know he's a Rook and McD likes to mold side projects as the season gos on...but is this guy good enough to earn the top spot by the start of the season, middle or end? I'm not too educated on this guy, but am excited from some of the Youtube videos I've seen...

CoachChaz
06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
I think he'll be given a chance to compete once he learns the system after a year or two, but personally...I'm not too sold on him.

RedFalcon
06-17-2009, 02:56 PM
Playing in college and playing in NFL is a totally different thing! So far, I wouldn't trust in Tom to give him the starting job. But it would be nice to see him landing the no. 1 spot, in case of emergency, just like Brady back in '01.

Grover
06-17-2009, 03:14 PM
What he has is NFL size.

The last article I saw on him, even he was saying he was taking "mental reps" and trying to learn how to be an NFL Quarterback. Based on everything I've read, Brandstater is a prospect and he won't see the field except for preseason, unless injuries occur.

LRtagger
06-17-2009, 03:38 PM
He's a stud, but its going to take at least a year in the league (probably 2 or 3) to be a starting caliber QB. Unfortunately the one thing he has going against him is his age...so let's hope he picks it up in one year and can be our guy next year.

dogfish
06-17-2009, 04:37 PM
you mean, for a team other than denver?

sorry, couldn't help myself. . . . :laugh:

weazel
06-17-2009, 04:51 PM
when I first seen this thread I thought Brandstater said GRANDSTANDER, and obviously thought this was a Brandon Marshall thread

Traveler
06-17-2009, 05:00 PM
He'll never be more than 2nd string. Our QB of the future isn't on the team yet.

WARHORSE
06-17-2009, 05:09 PM
He'll never be more than 2nd string. Our QB of the future isn't on the team anymore.

Edited for accuracy.:D

Actually, I think its a big 'who knows?'. Brandstaters best chance to succeed will come through sitting and watching on the sidelines for a couple of years.

If he shows enough improvement each year, he'll keep a roster spot. If not, he'll be jettisoned for the next Brandstater.

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 05:13 PM
He'll never be more than 2nd string. Our QB of the future isn't on the team yet.

Wow, way to write him off before he's even taken one pro snap.

WARHORSE
06-17-2009, 05:24 PM

Yep.

You can do that in an internet forum.:D

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 05:30 PM
Yep.

You can do that in an internet forum.:D

Yep, just like I can bash him for that opinion! :D

SoCalImport
06-17-2009, 05:44 PM
Anybody see him play in college? I know I didn't..

Requiem / The Dagda
06-17-2009, 05:52 PM
If Brandstader can work on the mental aspect of his game, I have no doubts he can start in the NFL. Flacco without as big of an arm, nor near the mental capabilities. Developmental, but could compete next year perhaps.

elsid13
06-17-2009, 06:47 PM
If Brandstader can work on the mental aspect of his game, I have no doubts he can start in the NFL. Flacco without as big of an arm, nor near the mental capabilities. Developmental, but could compete next year perhaps.

That large perhaps. Most likely he out of the league in 2 years and the team is still looking the guy behind center. Hopefully we have shot at one young QBs next season in the draft.

Northman
06-17-2009, 06:49 PM
I dont think so, at least not right away. But time will tell i guess.

Traveler
06-17-2009, 07:01 PM

Guess I'm catching a disease affecting the folks who have judged McDaniels a failure before he coaches his first game.

nevcraw
06-17-2009, 07:10 PM
I think he will get pissy in camp and ask for a trade.

horsepig
06-17-2009, 07:43 PM
The only time I saw him play a whole game was against CSU in the New Mexico Bowl.

I was not impressed. As I think back on that gane though, he did do a hell of a job bringing them back/keeping them in the game after CSU just made play after play (a lot by Gartrell Johnson).

I kept saying to myself, "These guys shopuld give up and go home.", but he kept making plays. Isn't that what the good ones do?

red98
06-17-2009, 07:52 PM
I know he's a Rook and McD likes to mold side projects as the season gos on...but is this guy good enough to earn the top spot by the start of the season, middle or end? I'm not too educated on this guy, but am excited from some of the Youtube videos I've seen...

I wasn't aware that McD was ever in a position to have "side projects". Was he a head coach somwhere that I don't know about?

Anyway, the kid has good size and potential, he may surprise us.

LRtagger
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM

Yep he is basically an unpolished Flacco. At this point in his career he is better than Cassell, though so it's just a matter of it clicking in his head.

Superchop 7
06-18-2009, 07:41 PM
He is a girl trying to play a mans sport.

Scarface
06-19-2009, 08:37 AM

When you're competing against Kyle Orton and Chris Simms anything is possible.