PDA

View Full Version : Adam Weber vying to back up Peyton Manning at QB

ChairmanBron
06-16-2012, 09:49 AM
There has been a lot of talk in Denver this offseason about second-round pick Brock Osweiler learning from Peyton Manning as the Denver Broncos "quarterback of the future." Former Bear Caleb Hanie is seen as Denver's backup quarterback of the present.

The Denver Post points out a small fact that shouldn't be ignored. Adam Weber is ahead of both Osweiler and Hanie on the depth chart. Really.

Read rest here- http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d829dba84/article/adam-weber-vying-to-back-up-peyton-manning-at-qb

ChairmanBron
06-16-2012, 09:50 AM
Let's let's cut to the chase... Release Hanie now! :eek:

broncobryce
06-16-2012, 09:56 AM
I hear Osweiler looks like the fourth string QB out there. ;)

ChairmanBron
06-16-2012, 11:25 AM
I hear Osweiler looks like the fourth string QB out there. ;)

Weber has a year up in this offense and has had 50 starts in college compared to Oz's 15 starts. So that's to be expected for Oz at this point. Hanie.... might have been forever ruined by Mad Martz.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:07 PM
where is the wild indignation at the suggestion that OS is in fact the worst QB in camp ! I was villified when I suggested he wasnt even going to be the number 2 guy !

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:08 PM
peyton goes down week 4 you guys all still think JE is going to stand pat with WEBER ?

SR
06-16-2012, 12:08 PM
Weber has a year up in this offense and has had 50 starts in college compared to Oz's 15 starts. So that's to be expected for Oz at this point. Hanie.... might have been forever ruined by Mad Martz.

He has a year up in WHAT offense exactly?

SR
06-16-2012, 12:10 PM
peyton goes down week 4 you guys all still think JE is going to stand pat with WEBER ?

You were vilified for all of the ignorant shit you were saying, not because you suggested Osweiler wasn't going to be the number two guy

silkamilkamonico
06-16-2012, 12:25 PM

Does it really matter? Do you honestly believe if Peyton goes down, there is a legitimate option at QB that can carry this team?

roflcopter

BroncoWave
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM
I've heard reports that Oz has looked solid in practice and his new throwing motion looks much improved from in college. I'm very weary of trusting national media reports over local ones. The national guys will come in for one day and may not necessarily have the best perception of what's really going on day after day.

silkamilkamonico
06-16-2012, 12:26 PM

I agree. Peyton is the offense. You take him out of the equation there is no identity with the combo of McCoy/FOX/insert QB here

BroncoWave
06-16-2012, 12:27 PM

Manning has literally the exact same chance of suffering an injury as any other QB in the NFL. To suggest otherwise shows a huge lack of knowledge of his neck injury. It wasn't caused by a hit and cannot be aggravated by one.

silkamilkamonico
06-16-2012, 12:28 PM
Os will be fine. He's a project with a ton of upside. Stupid to throw out any concerns because he isn't backup QB material 4 weeks into OTA's of his rookie season.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:43 PM
Os will be fine. He's a project with a ton of upside. Stupid to throw out any concerns because he isn't backup QB material 4 weeks into OTA's of his rookie season.
... and what about week 4 of the regular season?

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM
Manning has literally the exact same chance of suffering an injury as any other QB in the NFL. To suggest otherwise shows a huge lack of knowledge of his neck injury. It wasn't caused by a hit and cannot be aggravated by one.I didnt say a word about his neck! I am more concerned about his legs from the knee down ! If he goes down, who is his back-up? sure as hell aint the 'future' os !

SR
06-16-2012, 12:45 PM
... and what about week 4 of the regular season?

Won't matter because Peyton will start all 16 games

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:50 PM
Does it really matter? Do you honestly believe if Peyton goes down, there is a legitimate option at QB that can carry this team?

roflcoptershould we go there again?
therer are DOZENS of examples of back-up QBs thaT DID NOT start the season, but came in, not only to win games, but to lead their teams to the play-offs ! some even won the superbowl !
this is indisputable reality! people can come here and post stipulations and exxagerations and modifications , and lose their football compass in the fracus, but the REALITY remains that many of the NFL back-up QBs have been very successful!

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 12:51 PM
Won't matter because Peyton will start all 16 gamesso youre saying we wont make the play-offs? !

SR
06-16-2012, 12:59 PM
so youre saying we wont make the play-offs? !

I'm talking regular season. Not gonna get ahead of myself too much

BroncoWave
06-16-2012, 01:06 PM
I didnt say a word about his neck! I am more concerned about his legs from the knee down ! If he goes down, who is his back-up? sure as hell aint the 'future' os !

Well he's never had a knee injury in his career so I can't say I'm too worried about that.

ChairmanBron
06-16-2012, 03:21 PM

You have to remember Peyton is adapting to the Broncos Offense, the terminology is the same and what they do before Tebow Came is the same, with new wrinkles that Peyton likes to run. So a new guy having to learn terminology, routes, and etc. that is where the set back is.

silkamilkamonico
06-16-2012, 03:23 PM
should we go there again?
therer are DOZENS of examples of back-up QBs thaT DID NOT start the season, but came in, not only to win games, but to lead their teams to the play-offs ! some even won the superbowl !
this is indisputable reality! clown-heads can come here and post stipulations and exxagerations and modifications , and lose their football compass in the fracus, but the REALITY remains that many of the NFL back-up QBs have been very successful!

Name these dozen examples where a strictly backup QB came in and played an important role in helping his team win the SuperBowl, and if you are going to use guys like Tom Brady and Kurt Warner, I'll ask you to name the next young future HoF QB currently in the league that would have been a legitimate option to backup Peyton Manning.

OrangeHoof
06-16-2012, 07:03 PM
The Manning offense in Indy kept the ball out of Manning's hand early enough where he was rarely hit. I don't know if the Broncos will be running Manning's offense or Manning is going to run McCoy's offense but with garbage backing him up, I surely hope they are running Manning's offense because it features a lot of play action and timing throws designed to get the ball out of Manning's hand before the rush has a chance to get there.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 07:39 PM
Name these dozen examples where a strictly backup QB came in and played an important role in helping his team win the SuperBowl, and if you are going to use guys like Tom Brady and Kurt Warner, I'll ask you to name the next young future HoF QB currently in the league that would have been a legitimate option to backup Peyton Manning.ben rothlesburger
brette favre
steve young
bubbie brister
a half dozen raiders, one of which won the superbowl
vince young
4 guys named matt
kevin kolb
jeff hoestetler
tim tebow, he won 6 in a row.
do i have to go on?
DOZENS of back-up QBs have come in and been successful, but people WANT TO SAY IT NEVER HAPPENED? GO AHEAD ******** DENY IT !
throw in some stipulations just like the first person !
back up QBs win games ! TEAMS dont pack it in when the starter goes down !

SR
06-16-2012, 08:00 PM
ben rothlesburger
brette favre
steve young
bubbie brister
a half dozen raiders, one of which won the superbowl
vince young
4 guys named matt
kevin kolb
jeff hoestetler
tim tebow, he won 6 in a row.
do i have to go on?
DOZENS of back-up QBs have come in and been successful, but ASSWHOLES WANT TO SAY IT NEVER HAPPENED? GO AHEAD ******** DENY IT !
throw in some stipulations just like this first ass clown !
back up QBs win games ! TEAMS dont pack it in when the starter goes down !

You're getting a little ahead of yourself with the name calling, for starters.

Brister was a career backup who had a couple good games. Not successful.

Vince Young was a first round draft pick and drafted to start. Hasn't done shit since he left TN, and likely won't. So scratch him off.

Four guys named Matt?

Since the word "success" is highly subjective, how I would categorize "successful" backup QBs is by comparing them all to Steve Young or Kurt Warner. Compared to them, pretty much the entirety of your list can be voided.

SR
06-16-2012, 08:02 PM
I would add Jeff Garcia to the list of successful backup QBs also

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 08:23 PM
You're getting a little ahead of yourself with the name calling, for starters.

Brister was a career backup who had a couple good games. Not successful.

Vince Young was a first round draft pick and drafted to start. Hasn't done shit since he left TN, and likely won't. So scratch him off.

Four guys named Matt?

Since the word "success" is highly subjective, how I would categorize "successful" backup QBs is by comparing them all to Steve Young or Kurt Warner. Compared to them, pretty much the entirety of your list can be voided. brister was UNDEFEATED as a bronco back-up ! george blanda?
hello, this dude invented the 2 minute drill !
but nobody wants zam to be right so now they will once again start with stoopid shit to disallow anyone that fails to meet their ever evolving, revised, criteria of what quyalifies as a back-up, even though now qualification was laid out to start 1 agaim]n i say ******** !

OrangeHoof
06-16-2012, 08:37 PM
OK, Chef. Tell me how many career NFL wins the current Bronco backups have?

Hanie? ZERO
Weber? ZERO
Osweller? ZERO

So, regardless what you say, the Broncos don't have a backup quarterback who has won an NFL game as a backup or a starter. Therefore, it's STOOOOOOOOPID to argue that the Broncos are adequately equipped to win should Manning go down. In fact, I'll bet that after this season, the Bronco QBs named above will STILL not have won a game in their careers.

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 08:47 PM
OK, Chef. Tell me how many career NFL wins the current Bronco backups have?

Hanie? ZERO
Weber? ZERO
Osweller? ZERO

So, regardless what you say, the Broncos don't have a backup quarterback who has won an NFL game as a backup or a starter. Therefore, it's STOOOOOOOOPID to argue that the Broncos are adequately equipped to win should Manning go down. In fact, I'll bet that after this season, the Bronco QBs named above will STILL not have won a game in their careers.and thats why I suggested that if it did happen, JE would look to sign a free agent vet! and you are probably one of the people that ripped me for that too !
and thanks for reducing my list of choices to just 3 ! just like I said all the people would do to try and make their paythetic arguements ! typical !

Chef Zambini
06-16-2012, 08:53 PM

roflcopterthis is the original question that I tried to answewr. notice how the choices go from ANY to just 3?
thanks to all of you for supporting my original point on this subject that the broncos have FAILED to supply this team with an adequate back-up QB ! and now you can argue against yourselves to rebell against that statement !

SR
06-16-2012, 09:16 PM
behold, let the fudge packing begin ! brister was UNDEFEATED as a bronco back-up ! george blanda?
hello, this dude invented the 2 minute drill !
but nobody wants zam to be right so now they will once again start with stoopid shit to disallow anyone that fails to meet their ever evolving, revised, criteria of what quyalifies as a back-up, even though now qualification was laid out to start 1 agaim]n i say ******** !

Fudge packing? Brister started a handful of games as a Bronco. I'd hardly consider him to be successful because of that. He was serviceable and ran one hell of a bootleg against the Chiefs, but successful over a career he was not. I'm surprised you didn't have Jay Cutler on your "successful backup" list.

SR
06-16-2012, 09:18 PM
this is the original question that I tried to answewr. notice how the choices go from ANY to just 3?
thanks to all of you for supporting my original point on this subject that the broncos have FAILED to supply this team with an adequate back-up QB ! and now you can argue against yourselves to rebell against that statement !

You're being a real piece of shit to everyone, FYI. it's no wonder no one has anything good to say to you.

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 12:03 AM
You're being a real piece of shit to everyone, FYI. it's no wonder no one has anything good to say to you.

I'm not sure if he's really this angry/unintelligent or just a massive troll. Probably the former.

sneakers
06-17-2012, 12:33 AM
Let's let's cut to the chase... Release Hanie now! :eek:

ahhh you just reminded me that we signed Karl Hanie or whatever his name is.

sneakers
06-17-2012, 01:06 AM
Anthony Dilweg. (lol i guess you have to be from wisconsin to remember that name.)

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 08:53 AM
Anthony Dilweg. (lol i guess you have to be from wisconsin to remember that name.)pickle with a hair-piece

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 08:58 AM
You're being a real piece of shit to everyone, FYI. it's no wonder no one has anything good to say to you.I'm so sorry.
Ill start putting out warm cookies and milk before bed-time.
dear Escher enthusiast,
check out some more escher, perhaps it will help you to realize that there exist other perspectives, and sometimes a fairy tail vision can appear real to the open inded.
bless you and all my bronco brethren and sistren.

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 09:04 AM
Fudge packing? Brister started a handful of games as a Bronco. I'd hardly consider him to be successful because of that. He was serviceable and ran one hell of a bootleg against the Chiefs, but successful over a career he was not. I'm surprised you didn't have Jay Cutler on your "successful backup" list.brister played in FOUR started in # games during our SB winning year, yes I would call that successful. and he came in from a back-up role. so if a guy like brister, a nobody by your own te4stimonial, can come in and replace one of the all time greats like john ELWAY, then I think having a back-up QB prepared and ready to lead the team to VICTORY is a REASONABLE EXPECTATION !
now more than half of you have already suleted a post to the contrary !
so whats it gonna be?

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 09:07 AM
Fudge packing? Brister started a handful of games as a Bronco. I'd hardly consider him to be successful because of that. He was serviceable and ran one hell of a bootleg against the Chiefs, but successful over a career he was not. I'm surprised you didn't have Jay Cutler on your "successful backup" list.

... and notice how the rules for the opposers change once again?
suddenly successful for a CAREER is a filter for the Back-up QBs worthy of consideration.

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 09:11 AM
... and notice how the rules for the opposers change once again?
suddenly successful for a CAREER is a filter for the Back-up QBs worthy of consideration.and even with a BS stipulation like career success, you stil have a guy like plunkett stepping up and in as a staretr when he hadnt played a down in 2 years and win games, including the big one for the raiders !
jeff hostetler, I have no clue about his win loss record, i just know he came in mid-season and also hpoisted the lombardi trophy! never mind the broncos for a moment, every NFL team is EXPECTED to have a QB waiting in the wings that can come in and win games !

SR
06-17-2012, 10:19 AM
I'm so sorry.
Ill start putting out warm cookies and milk before bed-time.
dear Escher enthusiast,
check out some more escher, perhaps it will help you to realize that there exist other perspectives, and sometimes a fairy tail vision can appear real to the open inded.
bless you and all my bronco brethren and sistren.

Or just quit being a tool.

SR
06-17-2012, 10:25 AM
and even with a BS stipulation like career success, you stil have a guy like plunkett stepping up and in as a staretr when he hadnt played a down in 2 years and win games, including the big one for the raiders !
jeff hostetler, I have no clue about his win loss record, i just know he came in mid-season and also hpoisted the lombardi trophy! never mind the broncos for a moment, every NFL team is EXPECTED to have a QB waiting in the wings that can come in and win games !

You list off a bunch of career bench warmers who came in once in a while and won a game here and there, but then you list guys like Vince Young who was drafted to be a starter and flopped. Brister won games as a Bronco in 1998 because he was surrounded by HoF talent. He had the best offensive line in football in front of him, the best running back and fullback in the league behind him, and one of the greatest TEs ever to throw to. Ryan Leaf could have won games with that team.

You don't have a clue about Hostettler's record because you don't have a clue what the hell you're saying 90% of the time.

Rick
06-17-2012, 10:52 AM
The thing about a backup...is most teams HOPE their backup can come in and do well but it is usually not the case. If a backup was generally able to lead the team to similar success as the starter then that backup would in most cases already BE a starter...not the backup somewhere.

Most times when a backup comes in and plays with enough success that a team continues to win then it is a testament to the great players around him for one, and two the backup played better than anyone expected him to.

In that regard it is just as likely that Brock or Adam manage to light it up and get us some wins if Manning goes down as it is some other backup QB on some other team in the league.

Northman
06-17-2012, 10:58 AM
You list off a bunch of career bench warmers who came in once in a while and won a game here and there, but then you list guys like Vince Young who was drafted to be a starter and flopped. Brister won games as a Bronco in 1998 because he was surrounded by HoF talent. He had the best offensive line in football in front of him, the best running back and fullback in the league behind him, and one of the greatest TEs ever to throw to. Ryan Leaf could have won games with that team.

You don't have a clue about Hostettler's record because you don't have a clue what the hell you're saying 90% of the time.

Shannon Sharpe said it best when it came to ol' Bubby.

"Bubby, you've just been given the keys to a ferrari. Dont screw it up".

Ravage!!!
06-17-2012, 10:58 AM
Hostetler makes the argument against his complaints. No one knew anything... ANYTHING.. about Hostetler before the 1990 season. He spent most of his 7 years as the THIRD string back-up prior to that. Coming in a couple games throughout his bench-warming career.

That being said, he would CERTAINLY not be on Mr Genius' head as a "good back-up" when just seeing him on paper the offseason. Zambini would be complaining about him as well. Just bitching about stuff he has no idea what he talking about. Hostetler comes in and performs well as the back, despite being non-existant for most of his career.

Just goes to show that Zam doesn't know squat about what he's talking about, and why people continue to either ignore, or bash his ridiculous rants.

Northman
06-17-2012, 11:02 AM
Just goes to show that Zam doesn't know squat about what he's talking about, and why people continue to either ignore, or bash his ridiculous rants.

Zam is just a blowhard. Nothing of substance whatsoever in his takes and often contradicts himself in every debate. lol

SR
06-17-2012, 11:27 AM
Hostetler makes the argument against his complaints. No one knew anything... ANYTHING.. about Hostetler before the 1990 season. He spent most of his 7 years as the THIRD string back-up prior to that. Coming in a couple games throughout his bench-warming career.

That being said, he would CERTAINLY not be on Mr Genius' head as a "good back-up" when just seeing him on paper the offseason. Zambini would be complaining about him as well. Just bitching about stuff he has no idea what he talking about. Hostetler comes in and performs well as the back, despite being non-existant for most of his career.

But we're the retards

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 02:28 PM

You don't have a clue about Hostettler's record because you don't have a clue what the hell you're saying 90% of the time.back-up that was the statement, withouyt qualification ! a few games a superbowl win a career third stringer, a first round draft pick, an undrafted grocery bagger, it does not matter! as BACK_UPS they came in and won games ! thats all i ever said.
and therefore it nis a REASONABLE expectation !dozens of examples, now you want to chastize me because they fall under so many caTEGORIES?
typicaL !

SR
06-17-2012, 02:31 PM
What are you posting from Zam? A ******* Speak and Spell? Jesus.

tomjonesrocks
06-17-2012, 05:14 PM
This thread seems to be a little overly volatile and heated for the subject matter...wow.

I'd go Weber over Hanie though, considering Hanie was just dreadful in not-really-limited action and showed no upside whatsoever.

Weber may be the same, but I don't see how he could be worse. Have been at least able to see the argument behind most of the signings of this regime with the 2 exceptions of Hanie and Mays. Both are headscratchers. Hard to see a QB that went winless over all those games as someone I'd want as part of my team if I were building it...Hanie should have been able to do more than that with the Bears.

guitarj
06-17-2012, 06:48 PM
This thread seems to be a little overly volatile and heated for the subject matter...wow.

I'd go Weber over Hanie though, considering Hanie was just dreadful in not-really-limited action and showed no upside whatsoever.

I have learned to skim past Zam's posts, and even those quoting him. Not worth my time

The fact that Weber is only qb left on our roster from last year, I read little into this. Let's see what's happening a week or 2 into camp.

Sent using Forum Runner

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 06:52 PM
For those saying Weber's experience here doesn't matter with Manning bringing his offense, I have to disagree with that. According to all reports a lot of McCoy's offense is staying mostly in tact with Manning adding his input in as well. I don't think we are completely scrapping the offense to the degree that some think. Manning is smart enough to adapt to and effectively execute the playbook already in place.

I think it would be much easier/make much more sense for Manning to adapt to alot of what the Broncos have than for all of the Broncos players and coaches to adapt to Manning's Indy offense.

Ravage!!!
06-17-2012, 08:26 PM
For those saying Weber's experience here doesn't matter with Manning bringing his offense, I have to disagree with that. According to all reports a lot of McCoy's offense is staying mostly in tact with Manning adding his input in as well. I don't think we are completely scrapping the offense to the degree that some think. Manning is smart enough to adapt to and effectively execute the playbook already in place.

I think it would be much easier/make much more sense for Manning to adapt to alot of what the Broncos have than for all of the Broncos players and coaches to adapt to Manning's Indy offense.

Eh.... except for the fact that Manning is the MASTER of his offense, and the master of what he does. To take him away from that would be foolish. Sure he's smart enough to learn another offense, but would you want to waste time doing that? I wouldn't. Let Manning do what he has perfected over the last 14 years in the NFL.

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 08:39 PM
Eh.... except for the fact that Manning is the MASTER of his offense, and the master of what he does. To take him away from that would be foolish. Sure he's smart enough to learn another offense, but would you want to waste time doing that? I wouldn't. Let Manning do what he has perfected over the last 14 years in the NFL.

And make the rest of the players and coaches learn something completely new? I'm sure he can incorporate what he is good at into our offense without McCoy having to completely scrap it and start over. Unless Manning is just a liar, he's had several quotes about learning McCoy's playbook and offense.

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 08:46 PM
To put it more simply what would be easier?

A. Peyton Manning, regarded as one of the most intelligent QBs ever to play the game, learning and adapting his game to Denver's current offensive system.

B. The entire offensive roster and coaching staff completely scraping everything they do to learn Manning's offense, which is one of the most complicated in football.

I think the answer is clearly A. I think they'll find a happy medium between the two but I think it'll be closer to A.

Ravage!!!
06-17-2012, 08:49 PM
And make the rest of the players and coaches learn something completely new? I'm sure he can incorporate what he is good at into our offense without McCoy having to completely scrap it and start over. Unless Manning is just a liar, he's had several quotes about learning McCoy's playbook and offense.

Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "completely scrap" either offense. But why would you think that the other players have to learn something completely new? WRs are running the same routes, the OL will block the same way, and the RBs will still hit the same holes. NOTHING changes other than terminology between offenses. "Scheme" is nothing more in HOW you use your formations and combinations of routes. The only thing that Manning has to learn, is the terminology of the offense.

So does Manning "scrap" everything he does, or does McCoy "scrap" everything he knows? No. But if you are going to have the smartest QB on the planet, that is known for running his offense on the field.... the very kind of brain and management that has made him one of the greatest QBs of all time, and the VERY reason why your organization just spent 20 million dollars hiring......... who's offense would you tend to lean to? WHY on EARTH would you make/want/request/ or require Manning to change much of anything at alll????? :confused:

That would be like hiring the greatest 3 ppoint shooter for your basketball team, and asking him to dunk more often because the coach doesn't like to shoot outside as much. WHY hire the 3 point shooter if you don't want him to shoot three's??? WHY hire Manning if you want him to do ANYTHING different than what he's been doing for the 14 years of his INCREDIBLE career??

The way Manning orchestrates the offense before the snap, knowing where everyone should go depending on the very read he's making (and manipulating) from the defense... why do you think it would be easier for Manning to change than it would be for the rest of this young offense????

Manning isnt' the kind of guy that is going to discredit or take away from any of his coaching staff one bit. But lets be honest here... Manning is running this offense/

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 08:54 PM
Well, I'm not sure what you mean by "completely scrap" either offense. But why would you think that the other players have to learn something completely new? WRs are running the same routes, the OL will block the same way, and the RBs will still hit the same holes. NOTHING changes other than terminology between offenses. "Scheme" is nothing more in HOW you use your formations and combinations of routes. The only thing that Manning has to learn, is the terminology of the offense.

So does Manning "scrap" everything he does, or does McCoy "scrap" everything he knows? No. But if you are going to have the smartest QB on the planet, that is known for running his offense on the field.... the very kind of brain and management that has made him one of the greatest QBs of all time, and the VERY reason why your organization just spent 20 million dollars hiring......... who's offense would you tend to lean to? WHY on EARTH would you make/want/request/ or require Manning to change much of anything at alll????? :confused:

That would be like hiring the greatest 3 ppoint shooter for your basketball team, and asking him to dunk more often because the coach doesn't like to shoot outside as much. WHY hire the 3 point shooter if you don't want him to shoot three's??? WHY hire Manning if you want him to do ANYTHING different than what he's been doing for the 14 years of his INCREDIBLE career??

The way Manning orchestrates the offense before the snap, knowing where everyone should go depending on the very read he's making (and manipulating) from the defense... why do you think it would be easier for Manning to change than it would be for the rest of this young offense????

Manning isnt' the kind of guy that is going to discredit or take away from any of his coaching staff one bit. But lets be honest here... Manning is running this offense/

Where did I say Manning should change the way he does things? He can do his pre-snap reads, audibling, and all of the other things that make him great in McCoy's offense.

SR
06-17-2012, 08:56 PM
Good points from both of you, but I'd like to know what Zam thinks

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 08:57 PM
Good points from both of you, but I'd like to know what Zam thinks

:lol: Post of the day!

Ravage!!!
06-17-2012, 08:58 PM
Where did I say Manning should change the way he does things? He can do his pre-snap reads, audibling, and all of the other things that make him great in McCoy's offense.

I think we'll just have to disagree. I think our offense will definitely be more of what Manning knows, since he's going to be the OC on the field and the conductor of this orchestra. I personally think it would be foolish to have Manning change anything at all. But you can believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want. I know that Manning has had 10+ wins per season in 11 of the 13 seasons he started. Since he's the OC on the field, I will tend to believe that Manning goes with what he knows, and will tend to believe that the broncos WANT him to go with what he knows.

SR
06-17-2012, 09:00 PM
:lol: Post of the day!

In all seriousness it is good to read two good football minds debating like adults and both making solid points.

BroncoWave
06-17-2012, 09:04 PM
I think we'll just have to disagree. I think our offense will definitely be more of what Manning knows, since he's going to be the OC on the field and the conductor of this orchestra. I personally think it would be foolish to have Manning change anything at all. But you can believe what you want, and I'll believe what I want. I know that Manning has had 10+ wins per season in 11 of the 13 seasons he started. Since he's the OC on the field, I will tend to believe that Manning goes with what he knows, and will tend to believe that the broncos WANT him to go with what he knows.

Like you said yourself, the routes, blocking schemes and rushing plays are all pretty much the same league-wide. I'm sure alot of what McCoy already has in his playbook is similar to plays Manning has run. Given that, I don't think that running slightly different plays than he ran in Indy will hinder what he does at all.

I'm sure McCoy has much more in his playbook than what he called for Orton and Tebow, and I'm sure he'll refocus the offense to the parts of his playbook that fit what Manning does best without completely scrapping it.

Chef Zambini
06-18-2012, 07:48 AM
manning will be manning in the mccoy offense. but on gameday, manning will cal the plays, mccoy wll just be an interested observer with sideline input.
as for weber, for now he is Our #2, and I hope he never has to run a play in a real game.

Chef Zambini
06-18-2012, 07:57 AM
Scout.com: NFL Notebook: Competition for Spags

min.scout.com/2/1148523.html

Jan 14, 2012 – But Mike Smith, who has lost both coordinators, faces plenty of competition ... If he doesn't land him, Smith may look to former Miami coordinator Mike Nolan. ... keep strong safety Roman Harper from playing at less than 100 percent. ... The Broncos have already discussed moving cornerback Champ Bailey, ...

SR
06-18-2012, 08:09 AM
WTF kind of link and quote is that? You're special Zam.

Chef Zambini
06-18-2012, 08:34 AM
WTF kind of link and quote is that? You're special Zam.its part of a gogle search you have to sign up at a viking web site to see the whole article.
TWICE NOLAN suggested the move to safety to champ, both times champ declioned ! I dont have nolans phone # cant call him to verify, so sue me.

MOtorboat
06-18-2012, 08:46 AM
its part of a gogle search you have to sign up at a viking web site to see the whole article.
TWICE NOLAN suggested the move to safety to champ, both times champ declioned ! I dont have nolans phone # cant call him to verify, so sue me.

So, a Minnesota Vikings web site is your only source?

Haha. That link is the original Len Pasquerelli story that the ESPN blog was referring to.

And fail.

Northman
06-18-2012, 08:50 AM

Haha. That link is the original Len Pasquerelli story that the ESPN blog was referring to.

And fail.

lmao!

MOtorboat
06-18-2012, 08:53 AM
lmao!

Wrong thread too.

TXBRONC
06-18-2012, 09:16 AM

Yes but Brister brought commadreship to the team. Even John Elway couldn't do that.

TXBRONC
06-18-2012, 09:19 AM

And fail.

Did you really expect something legitimate from Zam? If you do I have pill to sell you that will make you taller.

MOtorboat
06-18-2012, 09:23 AM
Did you really expect something legitimate from Zam? If you do I have pill to sell you that will make you taller.

Wait.

Really?

TXBRONC
06-18-2012, 09:29 AM
Wait.

Really?

You betcha. :D

Cugel
06-18-2012, 09:29 AM

If Peyton Manning "goes down" in week four (assuming out for the season), then the Broncos season is OVER. Just as the Bears' season was over when Jay Cutler went down or the Texans' season when Matt Schaub went down.

There are very few NFL teams in this salary cap era who have a backup QB good enough to take over the season and make a playoff run.

It won't make a DAMN bit of difference whether Caleb Haney, or Adam Weber is the backup. What are they supposed to do? Get yet another backup QB in a futile attempt to salvage the season if Peyton Manning gets injured?

Get real! It's Manning or bust. Period. When they shipped Tebow out there's NO QB on the Broncos roster who can fill in for more than about 2 games (and they'd probably lose any game Haney or Weber started anyway).

How would the Giants have done last year if they had to start David Carr instead of Eli Manning for the playoff game against Aaron Rogers?

As for Osweiler, he's not going to see any action this season. He won't get one snap.

Cugel
06-18-2012, 09:49 AM
As for Ravage's point about Jeff Hostetler winning the SB as an unknown backup, that was a wild fluke in a different era that was made possible by what coach Bill Parcells called "a total team effort."

Bottom line, it wasn't different than Bubby Brister winning games with an offense that featured Ed McCaffrey, Rod Smith, Shannon Sharpe and Terrell Davis, except that in Hostetler's case he was basically asked not to screw things up for the Giants defense.

Their defense won those games with Lawrence Taylor and Otis Anderson rushing the ball, plus Scott Norwood missing a FG by 3 feet that would have won for Buffalo as time expired.

Hostetler just had to not screw things up, make a few plays throwing short passes in the flat and not turn the ball over.

That was a long time ago in a different era before the NFL changed the rules to favor the QB, by liberalizing the pass-interference rules, and prohibiting anybody touching the QB.

Then the salary cap hit and no team can today afford to pay a starter quality backup QB (like the 49ers did Steve Young).

Today a team's season is totally screwed if that team has to use its backup QB for more than about 2 games.

Perfect example: Tom Brady gets hurt and basically the same Patriots team that went 16-0 in the regular season the previous year falls to 11-5 and fails to make the playoffs with Matt Cassel.

Dzone
06-18-2012, 10:46 AM
Lest we forget the Tebow defense- Elway sucked his rookie year..LMAO...That fact should be brought up again and again when talking about Oz...LOL...ad nauseum-Elway sucked as a rookie!!!!

broncobryce
06-18-2012, 11:54 AM
Maybe Oz can play TE? He would be a big target.

Cugel
06-18-2012, 12:22 PM
Lest we forget the Tebow defense- Elway sucked his rookie year..LMAO...That fact should be brought up again and again when talking about Oz...LOL...ad nauseum-Elway sucked as a rookie!!!!

I assume you're joking. Anybody old enough to actually REMEMBER John Elway's rookie year knows that he didn't "suck." If you simply look at stats like some fantasy football geek then sure, Elway "sucked."

But, what you saw if you watched those games was an unbelievably talented QB who could make breathtaking throws, running to his right and then throwing a laser completely across his body 30 yards downfield and catching a defender leaving his WR open (because Elway was running full out towards the opposite side of the field) but who at the same time was terribly raw and made some big mistakes.

In short, unlike Tebow, what you saw was inevitable greatness. A guy who was clearly as good as the immense hype, who could make throws nobody else in the NFL could make, but who had lots to learn.

With Tebow you saw a guy who couldn't hit the short-pass and didn't even dare to throw it over the middle. You saw a guy who has horrible mechanics. Terrible footwork. The only time he looked comfortable out there was when he was running the ball.

So, the difference between saying "Osweiler sucks" and "Elway sucked his rookie year" is night and day. Osweiler does NOT look like a super-star who needs polish.

He looks just like what he is: a pure developmental QB who will need at least 2 years of training before we get any realistic idea if he can ever become a good starting QB in the NFL.

Elway was an obvious future Hall of Famer from the word go, who was rushed in before he was ready. How can anybody who doesn't have his head firmly implanted in Tebow's butt think there's a comparison?

Superchop 7
06-19-2012, 02:36 PM
Here's the deal.......

We have the worst backup QB situation in the league, worst in the history of the Broncos. We need a mentor to Osweiler, we do not have one. I am not a huge McNabb fan......but.....he would fit the bill because he has played enough to teach and has the skill to come in and win a game. The problem is Mannings ego getting in the way of a sound football decision.

MOtorboat
06-19-2012, 02:45 PM
Here's the deal.......

We have the worst backup QB situation in the league, worst in the history of the Broncos. We need a mentor to Osweiler, we do not have one. I am not a huge McNabb fan......but.....he would fit the bill because he has played enough to teach and has the skill to come in and win a game. The problem is Mannings ego getting in the way of a sound football decision.

Hyperbole much?

NorCalBronco7
06-19-2012, 02:49 PM
Mannings offense is too unique for any of us the realisticly think any of the backups could run a similar offense.

If Manning goes down, Im not sure who the backup will be, but Id bet Fox goes super conservative in the pass and leans heavly on the running game. Whoever the backup is, if he gets a shot, expect some good old fashion Foxball.

SR
06-19-2012, 03:15 PM
Here's the deal.......

You're off the reservation.

GEM
06-19-2012, 04:04 PM
Here's the deal.......

Where are you getting this Manning's ego thing?

OTA reports coming out have said that he talks with Osweiler and does give him tips and such. He's never been a me first type of player.

Also....screw McNabb.

MOtorboat
06-19-2012, 04:14 PM
Where are you getting this Manning's ego thing?

OTA reports coming out have said that he talks with Osweiler and does give him tips and such. He's never been a me first type of player.

Also....screw McNabb.

I think he's blaming the lack of talent of the Colts backup quarterbacks in his time with them on Manning.

They only drafted two quarterbacks when he was there, Painter and Sorgi, both six rounders. Bless their hearts, but they just don't have much talent.

I don't think Manning would stop the signing of a backup. I think McNabb's ego is stopping him from signing as a backup...although I think it would be dumb for Denver to pay as high of a price for a backup as Dallas did.

TXBRONC
06-19-2012, 04:33 PM
I think he's blaming the lack of talent of the Colts backup quarterbacks in his time with them on Manning.

They only drafted two quarterbacks when he was there, Painter and Sorgi, both six rounders. Bless their hearts, but they just don't have much talent.

I don't think Manning would stop the signing of a backup. I think McNabb's ego is stopping him from signing as a backup...although I think it would be dumb for Denver to pay as high of a price for a backup as Dallas did.

Did Manning have pictures of Polian in a compromising position with a chihuahua? Maybe that's why he didn't get a better back up quarterback. :whoknows:

I couldn't agree bring in McNabb as a back up would be an absolute waste.

GEM
06-19-2012, 05:52 PM

And why did they need to? I can see the necessity now because of age and the worry of the neck...but then....with the Colts? **** no. Talent or not...who long term is going to sit behind the likes of Manning for a decade? Some guy who doesn't have a shot of starting somewhere else. So yea that would be on Manning....for being a badass mofo! :D

And again I say....**** McNabb...whiny little beyotch whose never done more than bitch about how held down he is. Well get your ass up and do something about it then...Mr. tie football game. Nimrod.

Ravage!!!
06-19-2012, 06:56 PM
McNabb is TERRIBLE right now. Bringing him in would not only be a waste of money, but a complete waste of a bench spot for someone else to sit and rest.

Simple Jaded
06-20-2012, 01:33 AM
Isn't the debate about the 4th string QB so much more enjoyable when the starter isn't Kyle Orton?.......

Solution
06-20-2012, 02:46 AM
McNabb is TERRIBLE right now. Bringing him in would not only be a waste of money, but a complete waste of a bench spot for someone else to sit and rest.

So very true, Plus from all accounts he is lazy, doesnt care to learn new play books. He is done, not sure why anyone would actually want to bring him in.

Isn't the debate about the 4th string QB so much more enjoyable when the starter isn't Kyle Orton?.......

Everything is better without kyle orton being the starter.

Timmy!
06-20-2012, 03:54 PM
Lol. Mcnabb. :pound: wow.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 09:41 PM
who else ya got?

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 09:42 PM
who else ya got?

Osweiler, Weber and Hanie.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 09:53 PM
so if manning goes down , say week 4, you dont think the broncos will try to bring in another QB?

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 09:55 PM
so if manning goes down , say week 4, you dont think the broncos will try to bring in another QB?

No.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:08 PM
ok, youre on record. hope we never have to re-visit the subject because PM never gets injured.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 10:15 PM
ok, youre on record. hope we never have to re-visit the subject because PM never gets injured.

And you're on record with Donovan McNabb, and how great he is.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:19 PM
I said he was a likely candidate because he has shown the ability to learn and operate a new offense quickly, he has great experience and he is keeping himself in shape.
so yes, I think mcnabb is a viable candidate.
and he will probably get a shot with some team in need of a replacement by mid-season. I hope its NOT the broncos

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 10:20 PM
I said he was a likely candidate because he has shown the ability to learn and operate a new offense quickly, he has great experience and he is keeping himself in shape.

You want McNabb as a backup. It's quite obvious. And you fully expect Manning to get hurt. Both of those things are obvious.

Solution
06-20-2012, 10:23 PM
and he will probably get a shot with some team in need of a replacement by mid-season. I hope its NOT the broncos

a) wasn't McNabb having trouble grasping the playbook in washington and he refused to wear an arm band to help im adjust to the new play book?
b) wasn't McNabb(McFlab?) reportedly out of shape (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/mcnabb-reportedly-out-of-shape-in-minnesota/) in washinton.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:27 PM
a) wasn't McNabb having trouble grasping the playbook in washington and he refused to wear an arm band to help im adjust to the new play book?
b) wasn't McNabb(McFlab?) reportedly out of shape (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/mcnabb-reportedly-out-of-shape-in-minnesota/) in washinton.mcnabb didnt get along with the shanahanS, I give him a pass on that !
latest reports are he has lost weight and is working out with top Qb guru !
I think his greatest strength is his experience and versatitlity.
that shannys are anal a-holes and DM was too old and experienced to put up with their BS !

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:27 PM
... and as i asked before, who else ya got?

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 10:31 PM
mcnabb didnt get along with the shanahanS, I give him a pass on that !
that shannys are anal a-holes and DM was too old and experienced to put up with their BS !

LOL. This is about your hate for Shanahan isn't it?

:pound:

Shanahan and Bailey...

Solution
mcnabb didnt get along with the shanahanS, I give him a pass on that !

If the shannahans are anal a-holes what do you think he will think of trying to work behind Peyton Manning and learn that offence?
I just don't see him as a good mentor for a new QB nor do I see him wanting to come in and be a back up. I don't know just my two cents.

MOtorboat
... and as i asked before, who else ya got?

Osweiler, Weber and Hanie.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 10:37 PM
Igot that, I wa asking solutions.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 10:39 PM
Igot that, I wa asking solutions.

The solutions are Osweiler, Weber and Hanie.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 11:13 PM
If the shannahans are anal a-holes what do you think he will think of trying to work behind Peyton Manning and learn that offence?
I just don't see him as a good mentor for a new QB nor do I see him wanting to come in and be a back up. I don't know just my two cents.HE DOES N OT HAVE TO FULFILL THAT VISION!
he wont be coming in as a mentor,
(BTW, he did a pretty good job with michael vick)
and he will be brought in to start, not warm the bench, cause if he did get the call it means the team that calls him is looking for a starter, not depth.
I am still waiting for ANYONE to na,me an alternative other than the the 3 amigos already on the bronco roster.
... and again, this is just in case.

MOtorboat
06-20-2012, 11:16 PM
HE DOES N OT HAVE TO FULFILL THAT VISION!
he wont be coming in as a mentor,
(BTW, he did a pretty good job with michael vick)
and he will be brought in to start, not warm the bench, cause if he did get the call it means the team that calls him is looking for a starter, not depth.
I am still waiting for ANYONE to na,me an alternative other than the the 3 amigos already on the bronco roster.
... and again, this is just in case.

That's because the "3 amigos" will work just fine.

That is the alternative,

Shananahan
06-21-2012, 12:41 AM
If Manning goes down with an injury Denver will be signing an extra running back before they sign an extra quarterback.

Somebody should probably just ban this Zambini idiot and be done with it.

Chef Zambini
06-21-2012, 08:24 AM
thanks.

Jsteve01
06-21-2012, 08:56 AM
If Manning goes down with an injury Denver will be signing an extra running back before they sign an extra quarterback.

Somebody should probably just ban this Zambini idiot and be done with it.

right let's not let him speak his mind.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 10:11 AM
I'm personally glad Zam posts.... it gives everyone something to mock. It eases the boredom. I find it funny to read his suggestions and thoughts, and who doesn't need more humor in their day?

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 10:15 AM

No.. I do not. Why would they do that? That would be stupid. I'm VERY happy to say, that our office is not as ridiculous as you are. Who would they bring in, and why? WHY would we bring in anyone??? We have guys that have been working out, and that have been drafted for that position. Bringing in a "hired gun" for 3/4 of a season, would be absolutely STUPID. Thank goodness Elway is not Stupid.

Manning isn't going down in week 4. He is no likely to get hurt than anyone else in the NFL, and he NEVER MISSED A SINGLE GAME in 13 years of playing. His arm strength is back, and his neck is not an injury that is "going to get re-injured if hit."

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 10:21 AM
b) wasn't McNabb(McFlab?) reportedly out of shape (http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2011/12/01/mcnabb-reportedly-out-of-shape-in-minnesota/) in washinton.

Yes to both. McNabb was taken out of a big moment in the 4th quarter for 2 minute offense because they knew McNabb didn't have the offense down. McNabb couldn't grasp ANY offense after he left the one he had been playing with Philly for ever. Even early in Philly, the rumor was the McNabb's football intelligence was very low, and was having a hard time grasping NFL offenses. How on earth anyone would think that he has "shown the ability to learn new offenses quickly".... is beyond ridiculous.

McNabb is DONE in the NFL. Everyone saw the last 2 seasons that the guy just can NOT perform, can't throw, and is certainly not going to get a NFL job again. There is ZERO.... ZERO.... benefit in bringing in McNabb over starting people that are already on your roster, especially if you have a young drafted QB. Teams that are serious contenders, will be MUCH more confident in the guys they have had on the roster, working with the team and coaches, than bringing in an over-the-hill, way-past-his-prime, QB that has shown that his skill set has dropped off the cliff. Teams that are not contenders, wouldn't waste the time, nor money, in bringing in a QB that isn't going to be around.

TXBRONC
06-21-2012, 10:27 AM
Yes to both. McNabb was taken out of a big moment in the 4th quarter for 2 minute offense because they knew McNabb didn't have the offense down. McNabb couldn't grasp ANY offense after he left the one he had been playing with Philly for ever. Even early in Philly, the rumor was the McNabb's football intelligence was very low, and was having a hard time grasping NFL offenses. How on earth anyone would think that he has "shown the ability to learn new offenses quickly".... is beyond ridiculous.

McNabb is DONE in the NFL. Everyone saw the last 2 seasons that the guy just can NOT perform, can't throw, and is certainly not going to get a NFL job again. There is ZERO.... ZERO.... benefit in bringing in McNabb over starting people that are already on your roster, especially if you have a young drafted QB. Teams that are serious contenders, will be MUCH more confident in the guys they have had on the roster, working with the team and coaches, than bringing in an over-the-hill, way-past-his-prime, QB that has shown that his skill set has dropped off the cliff. Teams that are not contenders, wouldn't waste the time, nor money, in bringing in a QB that isn't going to be around.

He shouldn't have had the difficult of to time transitioning to Washington's or Minnesota's offenses because they are both various of what he had used in Philadelphia.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 11:04 AM
He shouldn't have had the difficult of to time transitioning to Washington's or Minnesota's offenses because they are both various of what he had used in Philadelphia.

You would think.

Chef Zambini
06-21-2012, 01:36 PM

McNabb is DONE in the NFL. Everyone saw the last 2 seasons that the guy just can NOT perform, can't throw, and is certainly not going to get a NFL job again. There is ZERO.... ZERO.... benefit in bringing in McNabb over starting people that are already on your roster, especially if you have a young drafted QB. Teams that are serious contenders, will be MUCH more confident in the guys they have had on the roster, working with the team and coaches, than bringing in an over-the-hill, way-past-his-prime, QB that has shown that his skill set has dropped off the cliff. Teams that are not contenders, wouldn't waste the time, nor money, in bringing in a QB that isn't going to be around.SO YOU are on record that the broncos wil stand pat in the face of a PM mid season injury.

Ravage!!!
06-21-2012, 11:40 PM
SO YOU are on record that the broncos wil stand pat in the face of a PM mid season injury.

No.. I do not. Why would they do that? That would be stupid. I'm VERY happy to say, that our office is not as ridiculous as you are. Who would they bring in, and why? WHY would we bring in anyone??? We have guys that have been working out, and that have been drafted for that position. Bringing in a "hired gun" for 3/4 of a season, would be absolutely STUPID. Thank goodness Elway is not Stupid.

Manning isn't going down in week 4. He is no likely to get hurt than anyone else in the NFL, and he NEVER MISSED A SINGLE GAME in 13 years of playing. His arm strength is back, and his neck is not an injury that is "going to get re-injured if hit."

Absolutely. No doubt about it. Yes.

vandammage13
07-11-2012, 11:23 AM
Weber should fill the Curtis Painter/Jim Sorgi role quite nicely.

SR
07-11-2012, 11:24 AM
Just couldn't let this one die could you.

tubby
07-12-2012, 11:44 PM
I like Weber better than Heine. Weber was pretty good at MN, just played on a bad team. Although Dekker obviously made him look good. And I've seen Heine in NFL action.....ugly.