PDA

View Full Version : Boss Bailey cut..

underrated29
06-17-2009, 11:50 AM
Surprised its not up over here yet.... So once again you get one of my fantastic informative threads.:tsk:

Boss bailey cut- per the other site.

Northman
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Good.

GEM
06-17-2009, 11:51 AM
Hope that doesn't send Champ into a I wanna be traded tailspin.

I'm guessing Champ has a bit more professionalism than that from what I have viewed from him over the past few seasons, but this offseason, all bets are off.

lex
06-17-2009, 11:52 AM
I hope its just a flesh wound.

GEM
06-17-2009, 11:53 AM
I hope its just a flesh wound.

:laugh: That was pretty good.

frauschieze
06-17-2009, 11:54 AM
Is he healthy now or are we going to have to do an injury settlement with him?

NightTrainLayne
06-17-2009, 11:56 AM
Hope that doesn't send Champ into a I wanna be traded tailspin.

I'm guessing Champ has a bit more professionalism than that from what I have viewed from him over the past few seasons, but this offseason, all bets are off.

I hate to say it, but if it does send Champ into such a tail-spin, then so be it. He's past his prime with huge money on his contract hanging over us.

I'd rather he be here, but if he's upset that his constantly hurt, micro-fractured, mediocre LB brother got cut, then he either needs to suck it up, or we can trade him too.

For the record, I don't see Champ taking this personally. Boss doesn't have much going for him right now in the plus column, and I'm sure Champ is professional enough to see that.

lex
06-17-2009, 11:57 AM
:laugh: That was pretty good.

Remember to tip your waitresses.

honz
06-17-2009, 11:58 AM
I'm guessing it's because of his knee. I'll be surprised if he ever plays in the NFL again at a high level.

CoachChaz
06-17-2009, 12:02 PM
I hate to say it, but if it does send Champ into such a tail-spin, then so be it. He's past his prime with huge money on his contract hanging over us.

I'd rather he be here, but if he's upset that his constantly hurt, micro-fractured, mediocre LB brother got cut, then he either needs to suck it up, or we can trade him too.

For the record, I don't see Champ taking this personally. Boss doesn't have much going for him right now in the plus column, and I'm sure Champ is professional enough to see that.

I agree. The thing to remember is that we are rebuilding. In any rebuilding process, actions have to be taken with veterans almost left out of the equation. That being said, this rebuilding process has to exclude the likes of Champ, Dawk, etc. I think that's evident by the recent draft.

So, I doubt Champ's feelings get hurt at all and if he did demand a trade...in the long run...we wouldnt be losing much other than someone for the young DB's to learn from.

dogfish
06-17-2009, 12:15 PM

okay, i gotta take a stand-- don't mean to hijack the thread and for that reason i'm not going to get in a protracted debate about it, but FTR champ is NOT past his prime! getting older, nearing the time where that will be the case? sure. . . maybe his play is just a tick below what it was a few years ago, but last year before he got hurt he still looked dominant. . . remember how he was completely shutting moss down in the pats game? remember the play in the endzone where he was drapped all over randy and denied him the ball?

he may have played poorly on a bad wheel when he came back, but when he's healthy he's very much still one of the best corners in the league, and no one besides asomugha should even be compared to him IMO. . .

as for boss. . . buh-bye!

:wave:

WARHORSE
06-17-2009, 12:15 PM
Adios Boss.

NightTrainLayne
06-17-2009, 12:22 PM
okay, i gotta take a stand-- don't mean to hijack the thread and for that reason i'm not going to get in a protracted debate about it, but FTR champ is NOT past his prime! getting older, nearing the time where that will be the case? sure. . . maybe his play is just a tick below what it was a few years ago, but last year before he got hurt he still looked dominant. . . remember how he was completely shutting moss down in the pats game? remember the play in the endzone where he was drapped all over randy and denied him the ball?

he may have played poorly on a bad wheel when he came back, but when he's healthy he's very much still one of the best corners in the league, and no one besides asomugha should even be compared to him IMO. . .

as for boss. . . buh-bye!

:wave:

Champ past his prime is better than 99% of all the CB's out there. I don't see him acting this way. I shouldn't have hijacked it.

As far as Boss goes. . .buy-bye indeed. Nice guy, lots of heart, but too many injuries.

Benetto
06-17-2009, 12:33 PM
Champ will be the first to say, "This is a business, personal feelings come last". Dude has always been a pro in every aspect of his character...He will not have ANY hard feelings...If anything, he is excited to be playing with B-dawk.

jrelway
06-17-2009, 12:34 PM
does this mean we might trade marshall for peppers?

Benetto
06-17-2009, 12:46 PM
does this mean we might trade marshall for peppers?

I reallly reallly hope so...I threw that out there yesterday in the New Broncos thread, and only Traveler liked the idea.

jrelway
06-17-2009, 12:49 PM
if we trade marshall, i want a proven D lineman and not no draft picks.

Benetto
06-17-2009, 12:52 PM

I'm with you on that...I think at this point though, unfortunetly Peppers is a pipe dream..Obviously McDaniels can do without disgruntled superstars who demand tremendous amounts of money.

underrated29
06-17-2009, 12:56 PM
Or how about we just go cardinals or bengals on his ass. Make him sit here.

We will not trade him unless we get an ungodly amount inreturn. If he doesnt like it. He can hold out, or show up and we can give him a contract at the end of the year. If he holds out then we will start the process all over again next year.

jrelway
06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Or how about we just go cardinals or bengals on his ass. Make him sit here.

We will not trade him unless we get an ungodly amount inreturn. If he doesnt like it. He can hold out, or show up and we can give him a contract at the end of the year. If he holds out then we will start the process all over again next year.

havent you heard? disgruntled players can skate when their not happy in denver these days. we cave in plain and simple.

Devilspawn
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I wouldn't be surprised if the Raiders picked him up to pick his brain.

jrelway
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
the jersey will burn in my drive way if he goes to a division rival.

Benetto
06-17-2009, 01:07 PM
the jersey will burn in my drive way if he goes to a division rival.

I thought he was talking about Brandon too for a sec...but then I realized he was talking about Boss.

underrated29
06-17-2009, 01:08 PM

For who?

lechler, sands,morrison,asomugha....I suppose for all 4 of them i would trade you guys marshall.

But remember Brandon doesnt run a 4.3 so Al would probably look elsewhere.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-17-2009, 01:23 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12608279

The Broncos are back to just one Bailey brother.

The team this morning released linebacker Boss Bailey, the younger brother of cornerback Champ Bailey.

Bailey, who signed with the team as a free agent in 2008, started six games last season before suffering a season-ending knee injury on Oct. 20. He underwent microfracture surgery and spent the entire offseason rehabbing the knee in Denver with team doctors and trainers.

But he was not recovered enough to be able to practice with the team in any of its offseason practices.

"I wasn't really surprised by it. I understand how the business goes," Bailey said. "It's a business call. I appreciate everything they've done for me since I've been here. Once you're a Bronco, you're always a Bronco.

Bailey said he "still has some work to do" to be ready to play for another team this season.

"He was totally professional in his approach, and the way he handled himself here," coach Josh McDaniels said. "We felt it was the right thing to do for the player, to have the opportunity to latch onto another team by August."

weazel
06-17-2009, 01:37 PM

assuming he has one

broncofaninfla
06-17-2009, 01:49 PM
I wish him the best

Lonestar
06-17-2009, 03:27 PM

Well that should take about 12 minutes. :D

Drill-N-Fill
06-17-2009, 04:59 PM

Tommy Harris?

Requiem / The Dagda
06-17-2009, 05:34 PM
Who didn't see this coming? Dude was awful. No need to worry about Champ. He knows his brother sucks.

SoCalImport
06-17-2009, 05:54 PM
Injuries and no ability to rush the passer probably good reasons for the pink slip.

Even when healthy the only this Boss did well was cover. Too bad he was too big to ever be a DB.

Lonestar
06-17-2009, 07:27 PM
IMO not a huge loss even if he were healthy he did not really fit the scheme all that well.. I wish him well for his future..

horsepig
06-17-2009, 07:35 PM
I really just don't care.

Simple Jaded
06-17-2009, 08:00 PM
Champ Bailey is an elite player, one of the best at his position in the entire league, which is why Broncos fans should start saying goodbye now.

As for Boss Bailey, if he were 212lb's and a huge liability against the run, Broncos fans would be crying in tears of sadness instead of tears of joy, Dude can't stay healthy and is probably done for good, but he was one of the more talented LB's on the team.......Though that's not saying much, is it?

It's amazing, the fine line between love and hate with Broncos fans, Wesley Woodyard and Spencer Larsen make a few routine plays and they're a Football God, players like DJ Williams and Boss Bailey make those plays on a regular basis and they're second rate/over-payed bums.......

EMB6903
06-17-2009, 08:04 PM
Champ is way too professional to let this bother him.... Boss never fit in a 3-4 scheme anyways.... There is no way he could find the field in that formation. Hes still a legit talent with tons of athletic abilities though... best of luck to him.

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 08:05 PM
It's amazing, the fine line between love and hate with Broncos fans, Wesley Woodyard and Spencer Larsen make a few routine plays and they're a Football God, players like DJ Williams and Boss Bailey make those plays on a regular basis and they're second rate/over-payed bums.......

It's amazing, the fine line between love and hate with Broncos fans, Mike Shanahan leads us to years and years of mediocrity and he is a Coaching God, and McDaniels, who hasn't even had a chance to show his coaching abilities yet is a second rate/over-payed bum.

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 08:08 PM
Champ Bailey is an elite player, one of the best at his position in the entire league, which is why Broncos fans should start saying goodbye now.

Yeah, you sure have this McDaniels figured out, he's just aching to get rid of all our star players, even the consummate professionals! :rolleyes:

What's sad is you probably believe that McDaniels wants to get rid of Champ.

Simple Jaded
06-17-2009, 08:15 PM
Yeah, you sure have this McDaniels figured out, he's just aching to get rid of all our star players, even the consummate professionals! :rolleyes:

What's sad is you probably believe that McDaniels wants to get rid of Champ.

Is that sad? :rolleyes:.......

Simple Jaded
06-17-2009, 08:16 PM
It's amazing, the fine line between love and hate with Broncos fans, Mike Shanahan leads us to years and years of mediocrity and he is a Coaching God, and McDaniels, who hasn't even had a chance to show his coaching abilities yet is a second rate/over-payed bum.

I never said he was second rate and over-paid, I said he's incompetent and in over his head.......

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 08:17 PM
Is that sad? :rolleyes:.......

Yes, if you truly believe that McDaniels wants to get rid of Champ Bailey because he is one of the best in the league at his position, then that is very sad.

Simple Jaded
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
Yes, if you truly believe that McDaniels wants to get rid of Champ Bailey because he is one of the best in the league at his position, then that is very sad.

I think he wants to get rid of Bailey because incompetent and in over his head.......

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 08:18 PM
I never said he was second rate and over-paid, I said he's incompetent and in over his head.......

My point still stands. You hail Shanahan as a God regardless of our sub-par results over the past decade and you call McDaniels incompetent before he's ever had a chance to coach a game.

BroncoWave
06-17-2009, 08:20 PM
I think he wants to get rid of Bailey because incompetent and in over his head.......

Look at how McDaniels treated Wiegmann to see how ridiculous this stance is...

Northman
06-17-2009, 08:25 PM

Give me a break. Boss was never a great LB both here and Detroit. DJ is far superior to Bailey but at the same time still coming into his own. As far as Woodyard and Larsen the one thing that i liked the most from them was the passion they showed on the field. Call it just taking their opportunity while they were in there filling in or whatever either way they played very well while they were subbing in. Are they all world? Not likely and too early to tell but they showed far more passion than Bailey and Williams. Hell, Webster pretty much sucks as a LB but damn do i wish our starting defense had his passion for the game.

Shazam!
06-17-2009, 08:34 PM

Beat me to it B2B.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-17-2009, 08:41 PM
Link, with all due respect -- Boss Bailey and DJ Williams don't make good plays on a regular basis. DJ Williams is an above-average football player and Bailey is an average player in all respects besides athleticism, but is an epic failure medically. How many force fumbles, interceptions or turnovers were those guys in on last year? How about DJ Williams since his rookie season? He does nothing in that regard, is viable in pass defense and doesn't get many sacks. Tarzan and Jane stuff on the real.

Simple Jaded
06-17-2009, 09:37 PM
Link, with all due respect -- Boss Bailey and DJ Williams don't make good plays on a regular basis. DJ Williams is an above-average football player and Bailey is an average player in all respects besides athleticism, but is an epic failure medically. How many force fumbles, interceptions or turnovers were those guys in on last year? How about DJ Williams since his rookie season? He does nothing in that regard, is viable in pass defense and doesn't get many sacks. Tarzan and Jane stuff on the real.

I don't mean to imply that Williams and Bailey were All-Pro's, I'm saying they make the (routine) plays they're supposed to make on a game-to-game basis, some would say that's nothing spectacular.......but spectacular is exactly what Woodyard and Larsen are when they make a play in spot duty.

As for Williams specifically, I think moving from position to position almost annually has kinda left him in arrested development, so to speak, had the Broncos never made the mistake of bringing back Gold, I think Williams would be a far better player. I think, due to injuries, the same could be said for Bailey.

Regardless, my point is not that Williams and Bailey are all that, it's that this would be a bigger deal if lesser players were released.......

Requiem / The Dagda
06-17-2009, 09:42 PM
I feel you, and agree on Williams never being able to settle.

rcsodak
06-18-2009, 12:00 AM
I reallly reallly hope so...I threw that out there yesterday in the New Broncos thread, and only Traveler liked the idea.

I somehow don't think the best thing for the team, right now, is to throw $30M+ guaranteed at a pass rusher.

You go from a $2M cap hit to $10-13M? How many years would they be giving up?

Maybe back when they were only 1-3 "players away".....

...but not when they're rebuilding.

How many draft picks are under contract?

pnbronco
06-18-2009, 01:56 AM
As a side note Louis Green was let go too. I wish them both well.

Special-teamer green let go
Mike Klis, The Denver Post
Posted: 06/17/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Louis Green, a Broncos special-teams standout the past five seasons, was released.

An undrafted free agent from Alcorn State in 2004, Green, 29, was a backup linebacker who made his mark by playing on all four of the Broncos' special-team units.

Dirk
06-18-2009, 05:41 AM
I wish Boss well...but I could care less about him being cut.

I hope he signs with another team.

LRtagger
06-19-2009, 12:48 PM
I'm more disappointed about Greene than Boss...at least Greene was a good special teamer...wonder why they let him walk?

jrelway
06-19-2009, 01:21 PM
I'm more disappointed about Greene than Boss...at least Greene was a good special teamer...wonder why they let him walk?

maybe we needed some money to pay that long snapper we brought in.

LRtagger
06-19-2009, 01:24 PM

Or to pay the player leveraging himself for more money.

Lonestar
06-19-2009, 01:25 PM

just maybe they have all the ST players they need they drafted a bunch and brought in even more as UDFA.. If he did not really look good in the 3-4 why keep him cut him loose to catch on with another team ..

God only knows almost none of our other old dead wood has been picked up yet..

Superchop 7
06-19-2009, 08:08 PM
Hooters on Parker Road just lost some business.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 08:05 PM
Look at how McDaniels treated Wiegmann to see how ridiculous this stance is...

Casey Weigmann is the one that McDaniels should be pretending to be Belichick/Parcells with, he's 35 years old and nearing the end, it would be far more easy to replace him with Hamilton than to replace Bailey/Williams/anybody else on the entire starting offense. Also, Casey Weigmann had incentives in his contract that paid him like a starter if, for some reason, he is actually a starter.

Again, if you're intention is to shine a light on a single right move McDaniels has made, imo, you've picked the wrong one. Weigmann handled this situation impeccably, hats off, but if anybody should be given the "We're looking forward to seeing him in camp" routine, it's Weigmann.......

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 08:25 PM
Casey Weigmann is the one that McDaniels should be pretending to be Belichick/Parcells with, he's 35 years old and nearing the end, it would be far more easy to replace him with Hamilton than to replace Bailey/Williams/anybody else on the entire starting offense. Also, Casey Weigmann had incentives in his contract that paid him like a starter if, for some reason, he is actually a starter.

Again, if you're intention is to shine a light on a single right move McDaniels has made, imo, you've picked the wrong one. Weigmann handled this situation impeccably, hats off, but if anybody should be given the "We're looking forward to seeing him in camp" routine, it's Weigmann.......

Yeah, that's it......

....the ONLY consistently above par component of the entire team, and it would be your idea to replace not 1 position....nooooooooo.....

...YOU'D want to replace 2!!!

Gee, your ideas are just.....SO good. :rolleyes: :laugh:

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 08:45 PM
Yeah, that's it......

....the ONLY consistently above par component of the entire team, and it would be your idea to replace not 1 position....nooooooooo.....

...YOU'D want to replace 2!!!

Gee, your ideas are just.....SO good. :rolleyes: :laugh:

The fact that Weigmann will have to be replaced soon escapes you? Shocking!

Believe me, it's as hard for me to take your criticism seriously as it is for you to take my idea's seriously.......

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 08:59 PM
The fact that Weigmann will have to be replaced soon escapes you? Shocking!

Believe me, it's as hard for me to take your criticism seriously as it is for you to take my idea's seriously.......

They've already got enough 'change' going on....new QB, new RB's, new OC, new O scheme....

....the LAST thing they need is a 'new' Oline. Especially when that was a strength, last year. Pretty much the ONLY strength.

Not that difficult for most to understand.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 09:13 PM
They've already got enough 'change' going on....new QB, new RB's, new OC, new O scheme....

....the LAST thing they need is a 'new' Oline. Especially when that was a strength, last year. Pretty much the ONLY strength.

Not that difficult for most to understand.

The last thing they need is more change? Get used to it. If they were worried about change, they'd extend Chris Kuper, asap.

Look, one new starter is not a "New Oline", you shouldn't have to exaggerate to make a legitmate point. And besides, if there were a problem with the "New Oline", they could just blame "The Player" like they always do, thus covering their ass from the reaction from the sheep.......Win/Win situation.......

Lonestar
06-21-2009, 09:59 PM
The last thing they need is more change? Get used to it. If they were worried about change, they'd extend Chris Kuper, asap.

Look, one new starter is not a "New Oline", you shouldn't have to exaggerate to make a legitmate point. And besides, if there were a problem with the "New Oline", they could just blame "The Player" like they always do, thus covering their ass from the reaction from the sheep.......Win/Win situation.......

and who is to say they are not working on it..

Not every needs to be done at your convenience.. they have other priorities IE signing Rookies.. not those already under contract..

BTW even they he is on his contract year really he is not that is 2 years from now if they do not get a CBA in place..

do not sweat the small stuff.. you really need chill pill..

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 10:50 PM
and who is to say they are not working on it..

Not every needs to be done at your convenience.. they have other priorities IE signing Rookies.. not those already under contract..

BTW even they he is on his contract year really he is not that is 2 years from now if they do not get a CBA in place..

do not sweat the small stuff.. you really need chill pill..

I need a chill pill? Lmfao.

This entire message board has their panties in a bunch over some "Garbage" this "Troll" is "Spewing", if anything ya'll need to take a step back and realize that I'm just some dude on a message board.......this is an opinion not terrorism, and all I'm doing is defending my opinion.

As far as Kuper's contract situation is concerned, you need not explain to me the ramifications of the CBA, I've been talking about that very thing for over a year now and I'm familiar enough with the situation to know that there is still a chance that there might just be a new CBA in place in time to make Marshall, Kuper and anybody else taken in the 2005-06 drafts an un-restricted free agent at the end of the 09 season. Whether or not that new CBS lowers the threshold back to fours years doesn't matter much to Broncos fans as I'm sure they think Denver is better off without them anyway.

And my point to rc stands with you, if Denver is worried about changing to a "new Oline" they'd have extended one of it's YOUNG and CORE players, instead.

Maybe the Broncos are too worried about winning pointless internet arguments about Casey Weigmann to be concerned about extending Kuper, just like rc, all I know is that they don't seem to be too concerned about "change".

Your point about the rookie's taking priority over those under contract is well taken, but then again, that hasn't prevented them from extending a very short-term and replaceable asset. Let's not pretend that a professional organization can't walk and chew gum at the same time.......

rcsodak
06-21-2009, 11:19 PM

You just proved your LACK of football IQ with the highlighted sentence.

Taking a player from the G position and putting him in as a starter at C, IS a "new Oline". Then, you have to replace the G. That, is TWO changes to your "new Oline".

Class dismissed.

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 11:34 PM
You just proved your LACK of football IQ with the highlighted sentence.

Taking a player from the G position and putting him in as a starter at C, IS a "new Oline". Then, you have to replace the G. That, is TWO changes to your "new Oline".

Class dismissed.

Lmfao, moving a Guard that should have been a Center the whole time to Center and putting ONE new player in the starting lineup is not a new Oline.......ONE new starter! If that were the case, 99% of the teams in the league would be dealing with a "New Oline" on an annual basis.

No wonder the QBing in the NFL sucks, everybody is constantly breaking in a brand new Oline, that explains things.

Correct me if I'm wrong, but your Sooners have ONE starting lineman, Trent Williams, returning from the 08 team, THAT'S a "New Oline".

Seriously.......

Simple Jaded
06-21-2009, 11:42 PM
Denver's 08 Oline had THREE new starters, two of them were first year starters.......THAT'S a new line. :D

ONE new starter, rc.......you should be arguing that there isn't much of an option to replace Hamilton at Guard instead of the "change" angle, that wouldn't be as funny but it would be in the ballpark of what could be considered a valid point.......

Lonestar
06-22-2009, 10:59 AM
Denver's 08 Oline had THREE new starters, two of them were first year starters.......THAT'S a new line. :D

ONE new starter, rc.......you should be arguing that there isn't much of an option to replace Hamilton at Guard instead of the "change" angle, that wouldn't be as funny but it would be in the ballpark of what could be considered a valid point.......

if you move Hamilton to center you have the following:

getting know the right guards habits..

getting know the NEW left guards habbits...

the OLT getting to know the new left guard and what he does when..

the right guard getting to know what the new center can do..

SO actually a move one space to the right affects the play of four positions..

better to keep it in tact as long as weigmans level of play is great..

TXBRONC
06-23-2009, 12:38 PM
if you move Hamilton to center you have the following:

getting know the right guards habits..

getting know the NEW left guards habbits...

the OLT getting to know the new left guard and what he does when..

the right guard getting to know what the new center can do..

SO actually a move one space to the right affects the play of four positions..

better to keep it in tact as long as weigmans level of play is great..

Weigman didn't play with any Hamilton or Kuper prior to this year didn't seem to be problem for him. Hamiton obviously didn't play with Clady from they year before nor did Kuper play with Harris on the right prior to 2008.