PDA

View Full Version : Nate Irving working outside

Jsteve01
06-14-2012, 06:16 PM
Nate Irving worked at outside linebacker with the second team. Steven Johnson continues to get repetitions at middle linebacker with the No. 2 defense.

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/06/13/notes-from-an-ota-june-13/

We all may be right. Irving may never see the field as a MLB. I'm ok with it as long as he plays well at another position. Will would seem to be the natural fit.

dogfish
06-14-2012, 06:32 PM
who the hell is steven johnson?

:confused:

Jsteve01
06-14-2012, 06:39 PM
who the hell is steven johnson?

:confused:

udfa from Kansas

Dean
06-14-2012, 09:56 PM
Let me see. . . we play a 4-3 defense which makes the Mike LB a highly important position. Yet, we have a "starter" who overpursues against the run and is weak versus the pass. He is backed up by udfa. What is wrong with this picture?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2012, 10:41 PM
Let me see. . . we play a 4-3 defense which makes the Mike LB a highly important position. Yet, we have a "starter" who overpursues against the run and is weak versus the pass. He is backed up by udfa. What is wrong with this picture?

They worked with the second team, not the starters.

Ravage!!!
06-15-2012, 12:42 PM
I don't have a problem with him working out at outside LB. As Jstev said... as long as he's playing well at wherever he lines up, its all good.

I also don't think Mays is nearly as bad at MLB as many believe. I don't think he's great, and I would LOVE a major improvement, but that can be said at nearly every position on nearly every team.

Chef Zambini
06-15-2012, 12:48 PM
front 7?
can they control the run and the tight-ends?
regardless of who the media wants to talk about, thaT REMAINS THE PRIMARY QUESTION IN MY MIND.

Cugel
06-15-2012, 01:19 PM
They're trying to find a position where Nate Irving doesn't suck. Unfortunately, this is like trying to find the Hope Diamond in a bag of horse dung. It ain't going to happen. :coffee:

NightTerror218
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
They're trying to find a position where Nate Irving doesn't suck. Unfortunately, this is like trying to find the Hope Diamond in a bag of horse dung. It ain't going to happen. :coffee:

So you did not break 1st team after his rookie year and was injured most of it. ya throw him under the bus. :rolleyes:

CoachChaz
06-15-2012, 01:35 PM
At NCSU he played pretty much everywhere, so I can see him on the outside. The problem is he focused on run stop and pass rush. Hard to tell what he's like in coverage since I havent seen him do it all that much.

bcbronc
06-15-2012, 02:21 PM
If Irving is working outside I hope he wears sunscreen and drinks lotsa water. Safety first!

turftoad
06-15-2012, 03:09 PM
At NCSU he played pretty much everywhere, so I can see him on the outside. The problem is he focused on run stop and pass rush. Hard to tell what he's like in coverage since I havent seen him do it all that much.

Yep. He played ILB at NC State but it sounds like most scouts projected him as a better OLB.

Jsteve01
06-15-2012, 06:00 PM

Did you ever watch him play in college? If so I doubt you'd be saying that. He may never amount to anything but if you're basing your assessment of him on a strike shortened off season and a high ankle sprain then you're not giving him his due.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2012, 09:57 PM
So if Hillman doesn't start does that mean he sucks too?.......

BroncoWave
06-15-2012, 11:14 PM
So if Hillman doesn't start does that mean he sucks too?.......

Didn't you get the memo? Unless a rookie starts and plays at a Pro Bowl level in his first year, he is a bust. At least in the eyes of quite a few Broncos fans.

sneakers
06-17-2012, 01:15 AM
LOL at working outside, I thought you meant he was doing his workouts outside (prolly in the rain) while everyone else is inside all cozy.

Simple Jaded
06-18-2012, 02:22 AM
http://insider.espn.go.com/nfl/draft/rounds/_/round/3/year/2011

I'm too lazy to look, how many of these players are starting right now?.......