PDA

View Full Version : The New Denver Broncos

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 12:55 PM
This is June.

Though the NFL thinks it knows us.........

.........we are an unknown.

Slated to suck by most pundits.

I believe at the moment we have 85 bodies in camp.

43 were aquired this off season through the draft, trade, and free agency.

Its a new team.

New coaches. New system. New offense. New defense. New style of play.

I think we have a young rookie HC who may very well be a stud. Hes driven to be good. For such a young guy, hes beyond his years imo. Yes he has some work to do........but I like him.

You can pretty much state that the ENTIRE defense is new.

Champ didnt play most of last year, so guess what? You dont have to worry about stopping the run from that position if hes healthy.

Bailey, Bly, Fox and Barrett were the starters in the last game. Terrible.
We also had Marquand, Marquez, Bell, Williams, Paymah and Lord knows who else play at times throughout the season. H. Jones? Geez.

Now we have an entire secondary where every player will bring down the ball carrier. Thats new from last year and gonna make a huge difference.
Our secondary last year couldnt tackle a slug with steamroller.

Goodman, Champ, Dawkins and Hill will get the first reps. All of these guys will stop the run.

Guess what? Our front seven is very different as well.

Last year, Winborn, DJ, Webster, Engleburger, Robertson, Thomas, and Ekuban were the starters in the last game. There were stints with Bailey, Woodyard, Larsen, Green, Haggan, etc, etc, etc throughout the season.

Now we're looking at players who are different either by position or by being new on the roster. Ayers, DJ Williams, Andra Davis, Reid, Peterson, Thomas, Fields, McBean, Crowder etc, with guys like Moss, Dumerville, Haggan, Green, Askew, Powell, Clemmons and others subbing out.

While this crew is new together, I believe we have a much better front seven than we did last year, especially when it comes to weight and size.
Theres a big difference in the weight/size of guys like Winborn and Webster who are listed at 230 and 232, vs Ayers, Reid, Davis, etc and the rest of the LB corp on the roster today. These guys are much bigger.

How many times did we see guys run through Winborn and Webster last year? And from there to meet up with the Marquands, McCrees, Blys and the rest of the Sieve Slackers?

This defense is going to be different. How different? I dont know of course, but if I had to guess, Id wager we're gonna be stealing the ball and making plays this year, and the run is not going to be gashing us this year.

I think Nolan is a bonafide defensive coach who will recognize what to do with these players. He will find their strengths and weaknesses and address them accordingly. The defense will attack.

The players here are BALLERS.

On the offensive side of the ball, all I gotta say is, we are stacked. Yes, we dont have Cutler, but we have so much TALENT that we are going to be formidable.

The offensive line is going to be the galvanizing factor. Orton is going to have some comfort. Heck, hes a tough guy anyway. All he has to do is throw passes to the open playmaker, and the roster is full of them.

Royal, Moreno(hes already impressing everyone), Hillis, Marshall(he'll be there), Stokely, Gaffney, Scheffler, Graham, Buckhalter(this guys is gonnna surprise you).

You could make the argument that we're more stacked with playmakers than New England. Seriously.

At runningback? Us.

FB? Us. By landslide. I think Hillis is the best all around FB on any roster, and hes the ONLY playmaker of them all.

WR? Theyre two deep. Moss and Welker. We got Brandon, Royal(hes going to catch 100 this year), Stokely, Gaffney, Jackson, LLoyd, McKinnley.

TE? Us. By landslide.

Offensive line? Us. By landslide.

QB? Us.

Heh heh. Ok, Brady has a slight edge.:coffee:

So, if Kyle can simply give the ball to the right guys at the right moments........we're going to move the ball, AND we're going to score points.

In fact, I think we're going to score more points this year than we did last year.

Special teams coverage units I believe are going to be alot better. We have a number of gunners.

I like the fact that McD will be calling the offensive plays. Hes good at it.

Maybe you think Im lookin at Denver through orange and blue glasses......which I am of course..............but I believe we're going to be alot better than people think.

But thats just me.

BRONCOS BABY.

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM
Alright ya got me....I'm psyched! :D

I'd rather sit in optimism than drown in pessimism.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 01:06 PM
This is June.

Though the NFL thinks it knows us.........

.........we are an unknown.

Slated to suck by most pundits.

I believe at the moment we have 85 bodies in camp.

43 were aquired this off season through the draft, trade, and free agency.

Its a new team.

New coaches. New system. New offense. New defense. New style of play.

I think we have a young rookie HC who may very well be a stud. Hes driven to be good. For such a young guy, hes beyond his years imo. Yes he has some work to do........but I like him.

You can pretty much state that the ENTIRE defense is new.

Champ didnt play most of last year, so guess what? You dont have to worry about stopping the run from that position if hes healthy.

Bailey, Bly, Fox and Barrett were the starters in the last game. Terrible.
We also had Marquand, Marquez, Bell, Williams, Paymah and Lord knows who else play at times throughout the season. H. Jones? Geez.

Now we have an entire secondary where every player will bring down the ball carrier. Thats new from last year and gonna make a huge difference.
Our secondary last year couldnt tackle a slug with steamroller.

Goodman, Champ, Dawkins and Hill will get the first reps. All of these guys will stop the run.

Guess what? Our front seven is very different as well.

Last year, Winborn, DJ, Webster, Engleburger, Robertson, Thomas, and Ekuban were the starters in the last game. There were stints with Bailey, Woodyard, Larsen, Green, Haggan, etc, etc, etc throughout the season.

Now we're looking at players who are different either by position or by being new on the roster. Ayers, DJ Williams, Andra Davis, Reid, Peterson, Thomas, Fields, McBean, Crowder etc, with guys like Moss, Dumerville, Haggan, Green, Askew, Powell, Clemmons and others subbing out.

While this crew is new together, I believe we have a much better front seven than we did last year, especially when it comes to weight and size.
Theres a big difference in the weight/size of guys like Winborn and Webster who are listed at 230 and 232, vs Ayers, Reid, Davis, etc and the rest of the LB corp on the roster today. These guys are much bigger.

How many times did we see guys run through Winborn and Webster last year? And from there to meet up with the Marquands, McCrees, Blys and the rest of the Sieve Slackers?

This defense is going to be different. How different? I dont know of course, but if I had to guess, Id wager we're gonna be stealing the ball and making plays this year, and the run is not going to be gashing us this year.

I think Nolan is a bonafide defensive coach who will recognize what to do with these players. He will find their strengths and weaknesses and address them accordingly. The defense will attack.

The players here are BALLERS.

On the offensive side of the ball, all I gotta say is, we are stacked. Yes, we dont have Cutler, but we have so much TALENT that we are going to be formidable.

The offensive line is going to be the galvanizing factor. Orton is going to have some comfort. Heck, hes a tough guy anyway. All he has to do is throw passes to the open playmaker, and the roster is full of them.

Royal, Moreno(hes already impressing everyone), Hillis, Marshall(he'll be there), Stokely, Gaffney, Scheffler, Graham, Buckhalter(this guys is gonnna surprise you).

You could make the argument that we're more stacked with playmakers than New England. Seriously.

At runningback? Us.

FB? Us. By landslide. I think Hillis is the best all around FB on any roster, and hes the ONLY playmaker of them all.

WR? Theyre two deep. Moss and Welker. We got Brandon, Royal(hes going to catch 100 this year), Stokely, Gaffney, Jackson, LLoyd, McKinnley.

TE? Us. By landslide.

Offensive line? Us. By landslide.

QB? Us.

Heh heh. Ok, Brady has a slight edge.:coffee:

So, if Kyle can simply give the ball to the right guys at the right moments........we're going to move the ball, AND we're going to score points.

In fact, I think we're going to score more points this year than we did last year.

Special teams coverage units I believe are going to be alot better. We have a number of gunners.

I like the fact that McD will be calling the offensive plays. Hes good at it.

Maybe you think Im lookin at Denver through orange and blue glasses......which I am of course..............but I believe we're going to be alot better than people think.

But thats just me.

BRONCOS BABY.

All this needs is a voice over from the guy previously (may he rest in peace) at NFL Films.

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
Alright ya got me....I'm psyched! :D

I'd rather sit in optimism than drown in pessimism.

Me too.

We arent going to go undefeated in the regular season or anythin.......but what impressed me about McDaniels last year with Cassell is the fact that even when Cassell sucked, he kept coaching him up with a mindset of belief. He had the same demeanor right now that he had last year after watching Cassell suck in the first few games.

Thats something I like about McD. He knows hes going to win.

When I listen to him, hes unshakable about where we're going.

I believe.

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 01:28 PM
I'll drink the kool-aid but you wont see me putting $ on it in Vegas LMAO

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 01:33 PM
If Marshal doesn't see this. Fsk him, we can do it without him.

G_Money
06-16-2009, 01:40 PM
Everything's a wait and see.

At this point, my guess is our 3 pro-bowlers from last year - Cutler, Wiegmann and Marshall - don't suit up for us this year.

I don't see the 3 pro-bowlers we will have replaced them with (tho adding Moreno as a playmaker is a good start), so we'll have to make up the talent difference with scheme. McDaniels has shown his offense can function at a high level with average-joe wide receivers or great ones, so it's possible we CAN make up that difference.

I like a lot of the offensive pieces, even without our 3 Pro Bowlers. Royal, Moreno, Hillis, the OL, Scheff if healthy...we should be able do some things. This is not the Lions "offense."

But NE had a defense, and we haven't seen ours yet. I like Nolan better than Slowik, but Nolan couldn't fix his D in SF because what he knows is LBs and what he needed was a DL.

We'll see if he's learned anything.

The great thing about sports is you get to actually play the games. If our newly constructed team is mentally tough and our schemes are rock-solid, it'll show. If our team schisms and our schemes resemble SF on O and D more than NE, then that'll show too.

I can't strap in for offseason optimism. Somebody stepped on my orange-and-blue sunglasses. But I'm still hopeful that the parts of the picture I've seen so far are an anomaly, not a predictor.

Cars backfire when clearing out some fouling of the motor. Hopefully this offseason is our cloud of oil-smoke as we get the engine tuned and slap some extra horsepower in that baby.

Go Broncos. It should be a very enlightening year.

~G

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 01:48 PM
All this needs is a voice over from the guy previously (may he rest in peace) at NFL Films.

Lets hope we will one day be hearing a voice like that recount the season in some good light in the future.........even if we dont win the superbowl.

Making the playoffs would be killer, and a good slap in the face to all the football geniuses out there.:D

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 02:20 PM
Everything's a wait and see.

At this point, my guess is our 3 pro-bowlers from last year - Cutler, Wiegmann and Marshall - don't suit up for us this year.

I don't see the 3 pro-bowlers we will have replaced them with (tho adding Moreno as a playmaker is a good start), so we'll have to make up the talent difference with scheme. McDaniels has shown his offense can function at a high level with average-joe wide receivers or great ones, so it's possible we CAN make up that difference.

I like a lot of the offensive pieces, even without our 3 Pro Bowlers. Royal, Moreno, Hillis, the OL, Scheff if healthy...we should be able do some things. This is not the Lions "offense."

But NE had a defense, and we haven't seen ours yet. I like Nolan better than Slowik, but Nolan couldn't fix his D in SF because what he knows is LBs and what he needed was a DL.

We'll see if he's learned anything.

The great thing about sports is you get to actually play the games. If our newly constructed team is mentally tough and our schemes are rock-solid, it'll show. If our team schisms and our schemes resemble SF on O and D more than NE, then that'll show too.

I can't strap in for offseason optimism. Somebody stepped on my orange-and-blue sunglasses. But I'm still hopeful that the parts of the picture I've seen so far are an anomaly, not a predictor.

Cars backfire when clearing out some fouling of the motor. Hopefully this offseason is our cloud of oil-smoke as we get the engine tuned and slap some extra horsepower in that baby.

Go Broncos. It should be a very enlightening year.

~G

Great post.

I believe we have a great blue collar mentality established in the lockeroom already. 100% attendance is unreal. With DJ, BDawk, Champ, Kyle and the rest setting the pace, by bringing in so many new players we've been able to change the entire environment.

Film study, playbook study and practice are the ways to prepare and these guys have taken hold.

I especially like what Im hearing about Ayers.

Josh McDs choice to bring in blue collar smart guys is going to pay off I believe.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:28 PM
Pat should just sell the team already.

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
It's hard to be optimistic for us Broncos fans these days.

I think this next 2 years will be the worst in Denver since the modern era of the NFL.

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
Pat should just sell the team already.

Too bad I don't have the money to buy the Broncos. I would be a much better owner and GM than Pat.

GEM
06-16-2009, 03:02 PM
Too bad I don't have the money to buy the Broncos. I would be a much better owner and GM than Pat.

:laugh:

Pay everyone whatever they want. Anarchy!!

It's always easy to sit in front of a computer and say you'd do a better job. :shrugs:

Italianmobstr7
06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
I was confident until yesterday when I found out Marshall has now asked out also. The 2 best players on our team will be gone by the time the season starts. It's like the Colts getting rid of Manning and Wayne. It makes no ******* sense. I don't know what the **** is going on in Dove Valley, but I'm definitely not a happy camper. Marshall is my favorite player and to see him not getting a new contract and probably getting traded pisses me off even more than losing Cutler did. Without Marshall I really don't think we'll win many games. Although we have other good recievers, they're made better because Marshall commands a double team. Without him around, we're ****** in my opinion. I pray to God they work this out somehow. Brandon needs to stay in Denver.

MasterShake
06-16-2009, 03:10 PM
Good post Warhorse, pretty much sums up my thoughts.

Shannahan was usaully out of tricks 5 or 6 games in, I think McDaniels and this TEAM will surprise a lot of people. But not me. I drank a bottle of Listerine and Nyquil last night and had a vision of greatness for this years Broncos! :salute:
:lol:

Seriously, I am already PUMPED about this season until proven otherwise. 2 months until Preseason!

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 03:14 PM
:laugh:

Pay everyone whatever they want. Anarchy!!

It's always easy to sit in front of a computer and say you'd do a better job. :shrugs:

I'd been smart enough to keep Shanahan thus not upsetting Cutler, keeping the offense the way it was with the addition of a new legitimate RB and bolster up the Defense particularly the D-line.

Our offense of last year was great; only thing missing was a stud RB.

We'll see. I'll be proven right when the Broncos win only 6-8 games in the next 2 years and McDummass is chased out of town by a bunch of guys wearing orange #6 Cutler jerseys.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:16 PM
I'd been smart enough to keep Shanahan thus not upsetting Cutler, keeping the offense the way it was with the addition of a new legitimate RB and bolster up the Defense particularly the D-line.

We'll see. I'll be proven right when the Broncos win only 6-8 games in the next 2 years and McDummass is chased out of town by a bunch of guys wearing orange #6 Cutler jerseys.

Want to make a sig bet about it?

MHCBill
06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
I was confident until yesterday when I found out Marshall has now asked out also. The 2 best players on our team will be gone by the time the season starts. It's like the Colts getting rid of Manning and Wayne. It makes no ******* sense. I don't know what the **** is going on in Dove Valley, but I'm definitely not a happy camper. Marshall is my favorite player and to see him not getting a new contract and probably getting traded pisses me off even more than losing Cutler did. Without Marshall I really don't think we'll win many games. Although we have other good recievers, they're made better because Marshall commands a double team. Without him around, we're ****** in my opinion. I pray to God they work this out somehow. Brandon needs to stay in Denver.Marshall is such a great guy. Wow, I'm glad he's not my favorite player.

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 03:19 PM
Want to make a sig bet about it?

Sure do!

Italianmobstr7
06-16-2009, 03:23 PM
Marshall is such a great guy. Wow, I'm glad he's not my favorite player.

I don't give a shit what you think of him off the field. I care about how he performs on the field. On the field he's a top 10 WR. I've followed Marshall since college. He was the only late round player that Denver drafted that I ever actually wanted before the draft. I told people he was going to be great before he ever played a down in the NFL. He's the only player that I've bought an authentic jersey of. If we trade him, I'll be very upset.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:24 PM
Sure do!

Ok, lets make it simple. If the Broncos aren't playing at least .500 ball by the 8th game of the season, you win. In other words, I am betting that Denver will be as good as they were with Shanny and Cutler now with McDaniels and Orton.

MHCBill
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
i don't give a shit what you think of him off the field. I care about how he performs on the field. On the field he's a top 10 wr. I've followed marshall since college. He was the only late round player that denver drafted that i ever actually wanted before the draft. I told people he was going to be great before he ever played a down in the nfl. He's the only player that i've bought an authentic jersey of. If we trade him, i'll be very upset.boo-hoo...

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 03:28 PM
Ok, lets make it simple. If the Broncos aren't playing at least .500 ball by the 8th game of the season, you win. In other words, I am betting that Denver will be as good as they were with Shanny and Cutler now with McDaniels and Orton.

Bet is on, .500 ball by their 8th game.

What exactly are the rules in a signature bet? You name them.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Bet is on, .500 ball by their 8th game.

What exactly are the rules in a signature bet? You name them.

Sig has to fit completely within the allotted space for signatures. Must confirm to forum rules (Can't be something that can only be seen in the Adult Only forums). Must be safe for work. Other than that, go to town. Signature then must be in place until the weekend of the pro-bowl 2010.

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 03:43 PM
Sig has to fit completely within the allotted space for signatures. Must confirm to forum rules (Can't be something that can only be seen in the Adult Only forums). Must be safe for work. Other than that, go to town. Signature then must be in place until the weekend of the pro-bowl 2010.

It's a bet... If the Broncos are not 4-3 by their 8th game of the 2009 season, you lose.

shakes hand =====> :shakehands:

Benetto
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM
I tasted the Kool aide, forced it down....And it was bitter.

It is very hard for me to digest the fact that we will have a potent enough offense and defense to beat even half of the teams we will go up against in the coming months....I always have a positive attitude toward stuff...Never have I said "Oh the Broncos will suck this year" without even a game played. Never...But this season gives me no reason to believe we will contend against the teams we are going up against.

Teams who were horrible the year before last, and made it to the playoffs with a huge record change, with a new or rookie Coach:

Arizona - Warner, Boldin, Fitz, easy schedule...
Falcons - Ryan, Burner, Much better D.
Ravens - Flacco, the entire defense.

I didn't see Zona trading away their 2 best play makers in Boldin and Fitz, and if they did...Do you think they would have contended for the SB? Still Boldin wants out, but has his new coach traded him just because he wants out? NO! He is trying to mend things, and bring him back with full force.
Not McD...He says "**** it...They want out, let em go. Doesn't matter we had the 2nd ranked Offense last year with em. This is MY team, we'll do things the Patriot way or the Highway".

The Falcons just added playmakers..Ryan, Turner...And Abraham had a whopping 16.5 Sacks during his first healthy season in ATL. Ryan, a better QB than even Cutler, surprisingly carried that team.

Ravens added a Playmaker QB, who has a great arm and long ball. That's all they needed with such a powerful Defense.

I hope "the new Denver Broncos" are among these teams, who hired a new HC and turned things around sooner than later. It's hard to fathom how it will happen though when we are trading away our best players from the year before. Sure we added one playmaker in Moreno, and Kyle Orton who had 3K yards and 18 TDs with no WR's or a O-line.

Jabbar Gaffney had less than 500 yards and 2 TDs...I'm not too high on him......

We started the re-building process on the Defense by adding a few leaders and potential playmakers in B-dawk, Ayers, Mcbath, Renaldo Hill, etc...but that's what it is, a RE-BUILD....I am going to root like I always have for my beloved Broncos to win and be prosperous, but when reality kicks in, I realize player moral must be at an all-time low on the counts of a few things. No more Shanny, Cutler, or Marshall, and the new HC is showing way too much pride and dictatorship, rather than reasoning and tolerance...How can we beat half of the teams in our schedule when players are playing for a system and coach they are "slowing starting to believe in", and now with Marshall leaving, probably lost most hope they had in Josh?

What FA Superstars are going to want to come to Denver in the future, knowing Josh will not give two shits about their wallet, contract, or future? This is a Business...Just like other businesses, employees will start to look for a new job (team) if they do not get the raise, or promotion they feel they deserve...Other teams have trade requests, and the HC/FO usually brush it off and try to mend things in the most professional way possible...Not say " Okay, they want out..Let's make an example out of them. Good bye" less than a FEW DAYS LATER!!! Even without a conference or meeting with the player/s. I was very distraught about how they handled Cutler. Seemed like Josh was showing who has the bigger meaner ego, and Cutler the baby he is, grabbed his ball and went home to Chicago..Now Marshall, not happy with the way he is being ignored about his salary demands, is now on his way out too...:tsk:

This is not New England, Josh. And you are not Bill Bilicheck. WAKE UP!

Rant over.

Magnificent Seven
06-16-2009, 03:46 PM
Honestly, I am going to depend on Broncos' defense because I believe in Mike Nolan's system.

On my other hand, it is look as if we have Patriots' offense and Ravens' defense. However, it will turn into REAL DENVER BRONCOS!

Nature Boy
06-16-2009, 03:57 PM
Honestly, I am going to depend on Broncos' defense because I believe in Mike Nolan's system.

On my other hand, it is look as if we have Patriots' offense and Ravens' defense. However, it will turn into REAL DENVER BRONCOS!

I wish it was only that easy. Go ask Romeo Cronnel or Charlie Weiss how their Patriots offense is doing.

Go ask Nolan how his Ravens defense did when he 1st landed in San Francisco pre Patrick Willis.

GEM
06-16-2009, 04:04 PM

That's the problem....you keep Shanny and the defense would never have been bolstered. He had 10 years to do it and the d just got worse and worse. What's the use of an all star offense if your defense is downright lousy?

And if you are proven wrong? What will you do then?

Lonestar
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I was confident until yesterday when I found out Marshall has now asked out also. The 2 best players on the broncos will be gone by the time the season starts. It's like the Colts getting rid of Manning and Wayne. It makes no ******* sense. I don't know what the **** is going on in Dove Valley, but I'm definitely not a happy camper. Marshall is my favorite player and to see him not getting a new contract and probably getting traded pisses me off even more than losing Cutler did. Without Marshall I really don't think we'll win many games. Although we have other good recievers, they're made better because Marshall commands a double team. Without him around, we're ****** in my opinion. I pray to God they work this out somehow. Brandon needs to stay in Denver.

edited for accuracy they were not good teammates.. going for stats and pro bowl money instead of looking for or being the open man is not good for morale, nor Wins they contribute more to loses..

GEM
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I don't give a shit what you think of him off the field. I care about how he performs on the field. On the field he's a top 10 WR. I've followed Marshall since college. He was the only late round player that Denver drafted that I ever actually wanted before the draft. I told people he was going to be great before he ever played a down in the NFL. He's the only player that I've bought an authentic jersey of. If we trade him, I'll be very upset.

He can't be ON THE FIELD if he's being a low life off of it.

Just saying.

Lonestar
06-16-2009, 04:10 PM
I tasted the Kool aide, forced it down....And it was bitter.

It is very hard for me to digest the fact that we will have a potent enough offense and defense to beat even half of the teams we will go up against in the coming months....I always have a positive attitude toward stuff...Never have I said "Oh the Broncos will suck this year" without even a game played. Never...But this season gives me no reason to believe we will contend against the teams we are going up against.

Teams who were horrible the year before last, and made it to the playoffs with a huge record change, with a new or rookie Coach:

Arizona - Warner, Boldin, Fitz, easy schedule...
Falcons - Ryan, Burner, Much better D.
Ravens - Flacco, the entire defense.

I didn't see Zona trading away their 2 best play makers in Boldin and Fitz, and if they did...Do you think they would have contended for the SB? Still Boldin wants out, but has his new coach traded him just because he wants out? NO! He is trying to mend things, and bring him back with full force.
Not McD...He says "**** it...They want out, let em go. Doesn't matter we had the 2nd ranked Offense last year with em. This is MY team, we'll do things the Patriot way or the Highway".

The Falcons just added playmakers..Ryan, Turner...And Abraham had a whopping 16.5 Sacks during his first healthy season in ATL. Ryan, a better QB than even Cutler, surprisingly carried that team.

Ravens added a Playmaker QB, who has a great arm and long ball. That's all they needed with such a powerful Defense.

I hope "the new Denver Broncos" are among these teams, who hired a new HC and turned things around sooner than later. It's hard to fathom how it will happen though when we are trading away our best players from the year before. Sure we added one playmaker in Moreno, and Kyle Orton who had 3K yards and 18 TDs with no WR's or a O-line.

Jabbar Gaffney had less than 500 yards and 2 TDs...I'm not too high on him......

We started the re-building process on the Defense by adding a few leaders and potential playmakers in B-dawk, Ayers, Mcbath, Renaldo Hill, etc...but that's what it is, a RE-BUILD....I am going to root like I always have for my beloved Broncos to win and be prosperous, but when reality kicks in, I realize player moral must be at an all-time low on the counts of a few things. No more Shanny, Cutler, or Marshall, and the new HC is showing way too much pride and dictatorship, rather than reasoning and tolerance...How can we beat half of the teams in our schedule when players are playing for a system and coach they are "slowing starting to believe in", and now with Marshall leaving, probably lost most hope they had in Josh?

What FA Superstars are going to want to come to Denver in the future, knowing Josh will not give two shits about their wallet, contract, or future? This is a Business...Just like other businesses, employees will start to look for a new job (team) if they do not get the raise, or promotion they feel they deserve...Other teams have trade requests, and the HC/FO usually brush it off and try to mend things in the most professional way possible...Not say " Okay, they want out..Let's make an example out of them. Good bye" less than a FEW DAYS LATER!!! Even without a conference or meeting with the player/s. I was very distraught about how they handled Cutler. Seemed like Josh was showing who has the bigger meaner ego, and Cutler the baby he is, grabbed his ball and went home to Chicago..Now Marshall, not happy with the way he is being ignored about his salary demands, is now on his way out too...:tsk:

This is not New England, Josh. And you are not Bill Bilicheck. WAKE UP!

Rant over.

once we are winning many FA will want a chance at a ring just like those in NE that have a alot of talent that play as a team therefore they are better and win lots of games..

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 08:21 PM
There are tons of guys with talent in this league.

There arent a ton of guys with talent that are smart, versatile and have a team mentality.

How can a team like the Patriots take a bunch of old farts like Junior Seau, Mike Vrabel, Rodney Harrison, and Teddy Bruschi, paste them along with no namers like the rest of the secondary and run a superbowl defense with them?

Its because they know where they are supposed to be and what theyre supposed to do in the situations and schemes defensively.

Tom Brady threw 50 TDs the year before last. Hes a HOF QB. Cassell threw 21.

We have better pieces in place, so I look for scoring to be available for sure from our offense.

Benetto
06-16-2009, 08:28 PM
Trade for Peppers and pay him top dollar instead....I'd be on top of the world with that.