PDA

View Full Version : Here we go again....Broncos to try to accomodate Marshalls trade request..

underrated29
06-16-2009, 12:52 PM
Saw it on the other site. They have a link and some are watching it on espn.

Sorry guys, you know me. i cant do links, but this is what they are saying.....or close to it...i am paraohrasing here.

Marshall agent-- broncos are going to do everything in their power to accomdate brandons wishes.

Broncos Brass- A change if scenery is not only good for him, but necassery.

I hate life.

G_Money
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Are we seriously stupid enough to give away Marshall at his injury-deflated price instead of his dual-100 catch season healthy price?

If we trade him for a 3rd and a used jockstrap I'ma be pissed.

~G

EastCoastBronco
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM
Piss on him...Let him follow his crybaby QB to Chicago. The sooner we can get rid of our primadonnas the better. Anyone who doesn't want to get on board can get the hell out.

Zweems56
06-16-2009, 12:57 PM
So. I have 4 broncos jerseys. Portis, Nalen, Cutler, and Marshall. Within 1 year of purchasing each, the player is no longer a Denver Bronco. goddamn it.

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
So. I have 4 broncos jerseys. Portis, Nalen, Cutler, and Marshall. Within 1 year of purchasing each, the player is no longer a Denver Bronco. goddamn it.

3 out of those 4 are prima donnas. Pick up a lineman's jersey. Clady! :rockon:

BroncoTech
06-16-2009, 01:00 PM
Here's a link to the ESPN video (I think)
http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=4261327
Play it through the commercial, there's 2 reports on the video.

underrated29
06-16-2009, 01:02 PM
after reading further they said that Lindsey- someone, who is a beat writer said that trading brandon is a last resort... Not sure who she is or what its worth. But there you have it.....

If i see anything else worth while i will post it, or if someone can provide the link or what not.

Someone made a good point though. Roy williams got a 1st and 3rd, so we should be able to get that too, even with his off field issues as many feel he is much more talented....

yardog
06-16-2009, 01:03 PM

:doh: If had known this I would have sent you the money for a Slowick jersey years ago and we could have avoid this whole off season. :tsk:

Tned
06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
after reading further they said that Lindsey- someone, who is a beat writer said that trading brandon is a last resort... Not sure who she is or what its worth. But there you have it.....

If i see anything else worth while i will post it, or if someone can provide the link or what not.

Someone made a good point though. Roy williams got a 1st and 3rd, so we should be able to get that too, even with his off field issues as many feel he is much more talented....

Lindsey Jones, probably. Broncos beat reporter for Denver Post.

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:05 PM
If we have to go this route, price that idiot at his best price. He wants paid as a Top 5 WR, get Top 5 WR value. If you can't get that, sit his ass on the bench and let him watch his money dwindle while also watching his chance to earn a payday due to the CBA go out the effing door.

underrated29
06-16-2009, 01:08 PM
I dont know if we have already posted this but since it falls in line with this topic.

PFT

says bears offer 2nd and 4th

for marshall and 5th

If we pull the trigger on that i....I will......kill someone or something and kick dortohs puppies.

Dortoh
1st and 3rd or **** off

http://www.southdacola.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2008/12/ca08_al_bundy.jpg

NightTrainLayne

Stop buying jerseys of our top players you *$#@#$@#! :D

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:09 PM
I dont know if we have already posted this but since it falls in line with this topic.

PFT

for marshall and 5th

If we pull the trigger on that i....I will......kill someone or something and kick dortohs puppies.

If you really want to piss him off, steal his snuggie. ;)

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 01:10 PM

PFT

for marshall and 5th

Oh hell no way. Trade him to anyone but the Bears and if its less then a 1st I'm going to kick McDoogies puppies

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:13 PM
The Bears don't have a 1st already because of our earlier disaster. Take a hike down da road Bears.

NameUsedBefore
06-16-2009, 01:18 PM
YOU'RE WELCOME, SEATTLE.

Just my $0.02.

NameUsedBefore
06-16-2009, 01:19 PM
But seriously, why can't we hammer out these issues? It's like since Shanahan isn't here anymore the players just get the cold shoulder. If you have an issue, okay, you're gone. I seriously hope the team isn't losing a sense of control and order.

powderaddict
06-16-2009, 01:20 PM
Screw Brandon.

I'm tired of his antics.

CYA Brandon :wave:

LRtagger
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
All of the quotes are directly from Marshall's agent. From what I have read the Broncos have not officially commented yet.

Lindsay Jones is a writer for the post. She says it is "very unlikely" that he is traded.

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 01:21 PM
I say move Champ while were at it and no I'm not joking.

We are in full rebuild mode now get what you can for your aging stars and Marshall and get to work.

LRtagger
06-16-2009, 01:23 PM

PFT

for marshall and 5th

**** off Bears.

weazel
I dont think McDaniels is smart enough to pull off a good trade, start expecting to get a 3rd rounder for Marshall.

wow this offseason gets better and better every day.

GEM
**** off Bears.

Give both those whiny biatches what they want....hell to the effing NO!

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 01:24 PM
I dont think McDaniels is smart enough to pull off a good trade, start expecting to get a 3rd rounder for Marshall.

wow this offseason gets better and better every day.

I dont think McDoogie could even screw up that badly.

I wonder how Dawkins feels about his offseason choices.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 01:35 PM
I think that nobody is going to give us better than a 2nd rounder for Marshal, and we don't take anything less than a 1st. The result. Marshal either wises up and plays, or sits out a year.

Traveler
06-16-2009, 01:50 PM
No less than a 2nd and contingent on how well he plays, can escalate to a first rounder.

GEM
06-16-2009, 01:52 PM
I think that nobody is going to give us better than a 2nd rounder for Marshal, and we don't take anything less than a 1st. The result. Marshal either wises up and plays, or sits out a year.

Yep, price his ass out of the market and force the dumbass to realize that he isn't worth what he thinks he is.

Dr Velcro
06-16-2009, 01:54 PM
I think Marvin Harrison is ready to come in and play at Marshall's price now.

Buff
06-16-2009, 02:14 PM
I think Marvin Harrison is ready to come in and play at Marshall's price now.

Marvin and his degenerate knee and antique gun collection can stay the hell away from this team TYVM.

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 02:29 PM
If we have to go this route, price that idiot at his best price. He wants paid as a Top 5 WR, get Top 5 WR value. If you can't get that, sit his ass on the bench and let him watch his money dwindle while also watching his chance to earn a payday due to the CBA go out the effing door.

Yes. Yes.

Wisdom.

Yes.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:31 PM

Yeah, thats the answer. And if the Bowlens go 3-13 while Marshall is riding the bench, we can pound our chests and proclaim ourselves the victors in this squabble.

Tempus Fugit
06-16-2009, 02:33 PM
Call the Cardinals and offer Marshall for Boldin. That call could turn into pure comedy gold.

WARHORSE
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Brandon for two firsts is what Id be asking period.

Why?

Cause its the same as Cutler, T.O. and any other playmaker. No matter the off the field issues.

Teams like Baltimore, Tennessee (but the character is an issue), New York, Carolina, Minnesota, Indy, Raiders, Chefs, and a ton of others would love Brandon.

It tells you how rare he is in terms of ability. If teams will pay for T.O., they will pay for Brandon.

We are not leveraged very hard by Brandon, and thats why teams know they will have to pay handsomely.

You listening Mr. Snyder? Give us two firsts like you were willing to give up for Chad Ochostinko and its a done deal.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:35 PM
Yeah, thats the answer. And if the Bowlens go 3-13 while Marshall is riding the bench, we can pound our chests and proclaim ourselves the victors in this squabble.

Or we could keep giving into these players and end up in salary cap hell (now that we've finally gotten ourselves out of it) and end up with a player sitting at his house on another suspension.

Pick your poison.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 02:36 PM

Why don't you tell him that yourself:

(303) 649-9000

Give them a call and tell them you want to talk to Pat Bowlen and tell him how he should handle the whole situation. Tell them how you think they hired the wrong coach, and that it was the end of the world that they traded Cutler and are now dangling Marshal out there. See where it gets you because I am done reading about it.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:37 PM
And according to the pessimists around here we're doomed to 3-13 with or without Marshall....so why not. :rolleyes:

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
Call the Cardinals and offer Marshall for Boldin. That call could turn into pure comedy gold.

:laugh: We want your squeaky clean cut, successful WR for our girlfriend beating, bum hip, no feeling in his hand WR. We'll throw in a ski trip. Make it happen.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:39 PM
And according to the pessimists around here we're doomed to 3-13 with or without Marshall....so why not. :rolleyes:

That was not what was said. Keep guessing.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:40 PM
That was not what was said. Keep guessing.

Read it in every thread around here. This team is doomed no matter what they do.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:41 PM
Why don't you tell him that yourself:

(303) 649-9000

Give them a call and tell them you want to talk to Pat Bowlen and tell him how he should handle the whole situation. Tell them how you think they hired the wrong coach, and that it was the end of the world that they traded Cutler and are now dangling Marshal out there. See where it gets you because I am done reading about it.

Pat holds the fanbase in disdain. He thinks the fans exist for him.

Tempus Fugit
06-16-2009, 02:43 PM
Read it in every thread around here. This team is doomed no matter what they do.

Well, losing Marshall would hurt. I like what this team's done for the season after this one, although I expect a step back this year due to schedule. However, with Marshall gone, a talented WR corps becomes very mediocre in a hurry. The return would need to be pretty good to offset that loss.

red98
06-16-2009, 02:44 PM
Or we could keep giving into these players and end up in salary cap hell (now that we've finally gotten ourselves out of it) and end up with a player sitting at his house on another suspension.

Pick your poison.

You do realize the Broncos have spent well over 100 million on free agents this year. Just sayin.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:45 PM

Maybe....just maybe....Pat is tired of mediocre good records. :shrugs: I dunno....I'd call that a business man. He does own a business right? I'm sure he's not just putting this team on the field for entertainment.

Maybe he's tired of the embarrassment? Maybe he's tired of whiny crybabies on his payroll? Maybe he's putting his franchise before a player. Or better worded, his TEAM before one player.

Maybe he figures instead of throwing the same shit against the wall and expecting a different outcome, he'll throw different shit against the wall and actually see a different outcome.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:46 PM
You do realize the Broncos have spent well over 100 million on free agents this year. Just sayin.

To fill an ishload of holes left by the previous regime.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:47 PM

Im not into predictions but Im not dumb enough to not acknowledge that this could be a rough year. Im also not going to cut the new regime any slack. They get no leeway with me. If Pats going to ask for fans to be patient, he can go jump in a lake. He needs to just sell the team already...especially if this goes badly.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:49 PM
Maybe....just maybe....Pat is tired of mediocre good records. :shrugs: I dunno....I'd call that a business man. He does own a business right? I'm sure he's not just putting this team on the field for entertainment.

Maybe he's tired of the embarrassment? Maybe he's tired of whiny crybabies on his payroll? Maybe he's putting his franchise before a player. Or better worded, his TEAM before one player.

Maybe he figures instead of throwing the same shit against the wall and expecting a different outcome, he'll throw different shit against the wall and actually see a different outcome.

Wow, youre just like the rest of the sheep. Its not necessary to blindly accept what the new regime is doing. It doesnt make you a better fan.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 02:50 PM

There's the number. Dial the digits. I can form my own opinion. Thanks.

lex
06-16-2009, 02:50 PM
There's the number. Dial the digits. I can form my own opinion. Thanks.

You have my reply.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 02:53 PM
Wow, youre just like the rest of the sheep. Its not necessary to blindly accept what the new regime is doing. It doesnt make you a better fan.

Doesn't make her any less of a fan either. I'm willing to see how this team does on the field. I have survived 4-12 seasons. I have watched our team go down 51-10 in a Superbowl. The only thing worse than that would be if the Broncos got shipped to L.A.

Feel free to be pessimistic as you want, its falling on deaf ears.

Italianmobstr7
06-16-2009, 02:54 PM
**** my ******* life. If we trade Marshall I'm going to be ridiculously pissed.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:54 PM

I never said it makes me a better fan. My thought is I want to see the product on the field before blowing a gasket. I know we're a step back than we were at the end of the last season. I also know that Shanny had lost that locker room. If we can get some of the TEAM players to buy in to this new scheme, we may be better off for the coming years. I don't expect an immediate payoff. I also didn't expect that if everything stayed the same from last season, we would be Super Bowl bound.

If it makes me a sheep to want to see the product on the field before passing judgement.....bahhhhhhh.

Dr Velcro
06-16-2009, 02:55 PM
Marvin and his degenerate knee and antique gun collection can stay the hell away from this team TYVM.

This is what I was reading.
Marshall seems to have a lot of distrust for your medical staff.

Initially, they were telling him that he didn't have any problems in his hip...then he finds out that he did, in fact, have trouble (this came from an article quoting his website).

I have a hard time believing this.

So...

2.2 mil is what he's down for after the probowl.

Not bad really.

Marvin was a 13 mil WR. Marvin Harrison is legendary, but let's not compare the two (you can't, btw). Also, note that we (the Colts) aren't afraid to let one go if need be. We simply couldn't keep Marvin on...and I really do think he had a couple more good seasons in him. Ethics (I believe) weighed-in on the final decision on keeping him.

Marshall reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne. Their stats were very similar this past season. Reggie makes 6-7mil a year. He'd signed a 6 year 39.5 mil contract in 06....and has taken a pay cut (supplimented with bonuses) since then.

There's a big difference between the two that should be noted.

Wayne has been with us since 01 and started full time in 03.

I can see paying Marshall more, but not this season and not with his current attitude. He should be fined for not making camps. He is to act as a team member and as a professional until the day he is no longer a Bronco.

Bench him.

Give Stokely & Royal the raise.

GEM
06-16-2009, 02:58 PM
This is what I was reading.
Marshall seems to place a lot of distrust in your medical staff.

Initially, they were telling him that he didn't have any problems in his hip...then he finds out that he did, in fact, have trouble (this came from an article quoting his website).

I have a hard time believing this.

So...

2.2 mil is what he's down for after the probowl.

Not bad really.

Marvin was a 13 mil WR. Marvin Harrison is legendary, but let's not compare the two (you can't, btw). Also, note that we (the Colts) aren't afraid to let one go if need be. We simply couldn't keep Marvin on...and I really do think he had a couple more good seasons in him. Ethics (I believe) weighed-in on the final decision on keeping him.

Marshall reminds me a lot of Reggie Wayne. Their stats were very similar this past season. Reggie makes 6-7mil a year. He'd signed a 6 year 39.5 mil contract in 06....and has taken a pay cut (supplimented with bonuses) since then.

There's a big difference between the two that should be noted.

Wayne has been with us since 01 and started full time in 03.

I can see paying Marshall more, but not this season and not with his current attitude. He should be fined for not making camps. He is to act as a team member and as a professional until the day he is no longer a Bronco.

Bench him.

Give Stokely & Royal the raise.

Now that would be funny!! :D

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:03 PM
McDaniels says Broncos will continue talking with Marshall
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12601175?source=rss
By Mike Klis
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/16/2009 01:49:21 PM MDT
Updated: 06/16/2009 01:53:16 PM MDT

Jay Cutler is already gone. Will Brandon Marshall be next? (AP | David Zalubowski)
Related Articles

* Jun 12:
* Bowlen meets with AWOL Broncos receiver Marshall

With the agent representing receiver Brandon Marshall coming out to speak on behalf of Broncos owner Pat Bowlen, the Broncos have responded with the message they can speak for themselves.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon and are going to continue our dialogue with Brandon and his representative," said Broncos coach Josh McDaniels. "We look forward to having Brandon at training camp."

Marshall and his agent, Kennard McGuire, have taken the offensive. McGuire told Fox 31 News that "there was a request for a trade. Mr. Bowlen has said that ownership will do everything in its power to accommodate his wishes."

However, there is no indication the Broncos will seek to deal Marshall, who is unhappy with his contract that will pay him $2.198 million this season, the final year of his deal.

Marshall has demonstrated his dissatisfaction with his contract by skipping the three-week, voluntary passing camp, then a three-day mandatory minicamp last weekend.

If he doesn't show up by August 12, Marshall could risk forfeiting his fourth year of service time, which would put him another year away from unrestricted free agency.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:04 PM
Harbaugh Addresses Brandon Marshall Situation
http://www.profootballtalk.com/2009/06/16/harbaugh-addresses-brandon-marshall-situation/
Posted by Mike Florio on June 16, 2009, 3:20 p.m. EDT

Ravens coach John Harbaugh addressed on Tuesday rumors linking his team to Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall.

And it’s clear that Harbaugh already has mastered the standard NFL head coach say-something-while-saying-nothing approach to media relations.

For starters, Harbaugh said that the Ravens have not yet contacted the Broncos regarding Marshall.

“We’re interested in anybody that can help our team,” Harbaugh said, in comments to the media forwarded to us by Aaron Wilson. “[Marshall] plays for the Broncos and he’s under contract. He’s not a guy that we’re concerned with right now.”

Whether the Ravens become interested remains to be seen, especially in light of Harbaugh’s comments regarding players with off-field issues.

“Their background matters,” Harbaugh said. “Any player we bring in is going to be a man of integrity and will be someone who is going to be respected in the locker room. We’re never going to compromise on that.”

Before any of you start pointing to Ray Lewis as the exception to that rule, there can be no denying that he’s respected in the locker room.

Perhaps in the same way that a guy who knows how to use a shiv is respected in the yard.

Italianmobstr7
06-16-2009, 03:13 PM

The Denver Broncos said they are aware of a radio report that said holdout receiver Brandon Marshall asked team owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during a meeting Friday.

Adam Schefter, who will join ESPN in August, reported Monday on KOA in Denver that Marshall requested the trade during a meeting Friday.

Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, confirmed that to ESPN's Michael Smith on Tuesday: "There was a meeting with Mr. Bowlen and Brandon did ask to be traded. He was told by ownership that the team would do everything in its power to accommodate those wishes. We do feel that a change of scenery is not only important but necessary."

According to a source, Smith reported, Marshall has met with Bowlen more than once in the past week and on both occasions expressed his desire to be dealt.

McGuire had no comment on the number of meetings that took place.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would not say whether Marshall requested a trade, but he told ESPN's Ed Werder on Tuesday that internal meetings conducted after the holdout receiver's discussions with Bowlen suggest Denver plans to keep the player.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon Marshall, and we've decided that we will continue to have a dialogue with Brandon and his representative, but we are looking forward to having Brandon at training camp," McDaniels said to Werder.
Marshall skipped Denver's mandatory minicamp Friday through Sunday. He is protesting because he has medical trust issues and he also wants a pay raise. Marshall's contract expires after next season.

The receiver had hip surgery in March and won't be able to practice until training camp starts late next month. Still, he was required to rehabilitate at the facility during minicamp. Denver can fine him for missing the sessions.

Marshall is entering his fourth season and made his first Pro Bowl in 2008. He has had back-to-back 100-plus catch seasons.

The Marshall situation is another issue for McDaniels. The former New England offensive coordinator took over in the offseason for Mike Shanahan, who was fired after 14 years with the Broncos.

McDaniels' tenure in Denver got off to a rocky start when Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago. The saga began when Cutler caught wind that the new coach was considering trading him in a package for Matt Cassel, who starred for McDaniels in New England last season.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com. Michael Smith and Ed Werder are reporters for ESPN.

Maybe there's hope afterall?

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 03:29 PM
Ummmm....

....no!

They haven't. :coffee:

Requiem / The Dagda
06-16-2009, 03:31 PM
At this point, I don't even care. Have him here or don't have him here. Lets just get it settled, and if he isn't here -- hopefully it is a good price.

Greatspirits
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM

Please, please don't buy a Moreno or Royal jersey!!

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 03:34 PM
Im not into predictions but Im not dumb enough to not acknowledge that this could be a rough year. Im also not going to cut the new regime any slack. They get no leeway with me. If Pats going to ask for fans to be patient, he can go jump in a lake. He needs to just sell the team already...especially if this goes badly.
Aren't you a St Louis fan? :coffee:

Look back in the archives, and you'll see some of the same people that are whining about the current state of affairs, acknowledged that getting rid of Shanny would prolly doom the team to 2-3yrs of losing records. And that they were FINE WITH IT!

So you should prolly do your pity party elsewhere. True Bronco fans....that have been with the team through thick/thin, are prepared to roll up their sleeves and root for the team, regardless of their record.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-16-2009, 03:35 PM
Yeah, a fan of any team would do that. :smile:

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 03:36 PM

.....says the fairweather fan. :coffee:

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 03:37 PM

The Denver Broncos said they are aware of a radio report that said holdout receiver Brandon Marshall asked team owner Pat Bowlen for a trade during a meeting Friday.

Adam Schefter, who will join ESPN in August, reported Monday on KOA in Denver that Marshall requested the trade during a meeting Friday.

Marshall's agent, Kennard McGuire, confirmed that to ESPN's Michael Smith on Tuesday: "There was a meeting with Mr. Bowlen and Brandon did ask to be traded. He was told by ownership that the team would do everything in its power to accommodate those wishes. We do feel that a change of scenery is not only important but necessary."

According to a source, Smith reported, Marshall has met with Bowlen more than once in the past week and on both occasions expressed his desire to be dealt.

McGuire had no comment on the number of meetings that took place.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels would not say whether Marshall requested a trade, but he told ESPN's Ed Werder on Tuesday that internal meetings conducted after the holdout receiver's discussions with Bowlen suggest Denver plans to keep the player.

"We met after Pat's meeting with Brandon Marshall, and we've decided that we will continue to have a dialogue with Brandon and his representative, but we are looking forward to having Brandon at training camp," McDaniels said to Werder.
Marshall skipped Denver's mandatory minicamp Friday through Sunday. He is protesting because he has medical trust issues and he also wants a pay raise. Marshall's contract expires after next season.

The receiver had hip surgery in March and won't be able to practice until training camp starts late next month. Still, he was required to rehabilitate at the facility during minicamp. Denver can fine him for missing the sessions.

Marshall is entering his fourth season and made his first Pro Bowl in 2008. He has had back-to-back 100-plus catch seasons.

The Marshall situation is another issue for McDaniels. The former New England offensive coordinator took over in the offseason for Mike Shanahan, who was fired after 14 years with the Broncos.

McDaniels' tenure in Denver got off to a rocky start when Pro Bowl quarterback Jay Cutler was traded to Chicago. The saga began when Cutler caught wind that the new coach was considering trading him in a package for Matt Cassel, who starred for McDaniels in New England last season.

Bill Williamson covers the AFC West for ESPN.com. Michael Smith and Ed Werder are reporters for ESPN.

Maybe there's hope afterall?

Jay is our QB

Jay is our guy

just saying :)

lex
06-16-2009, 03:38 PM
Feel free to be pessimistic as you want, its falling on deaf ears.

Doesn't make her any less of a fan either. I'm willing to see how this team does on the field. I have survived 4-12 seasons. I have watched our team go down 51-10 in a Superbowl. The only thing worse than that would be if the Broncos got shipped to L.A.

Deaf ears, eh?

lex
06-16-2009, 03:40 PM
Aren't you a St Louis fan? :coffee:

Look back in the archives, and you'll see some of the same people that are whining about the current state of affairs, acknowledged that getting rid of Shanny would prolly doom the team to 2-3yrs of losing records. And that they were FINE WITH IT!

So you should prolly do your pity party elsewhere. True Bronco fans....that have been with the team through thick/thin, are prepared to roll up their sleeves and root for the team, regardless of their record.

Thick and thin? LOL. Denver has rarely had a losing season. Youll have to take that nonsense to someone who is buying what youre selling.

Thnikkaman
06-16-2009, 03:44 PM
Deaf ears, eh?

What's that? Can't hear you over my Computer Screen.

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 03:45 PM
Gee....does anybody thing there's a person on the planet...ok..in the US....that NEEDS to be reminded about the Cutler-saga, in EVERY Bronco article?

Next thing we'll be told is BM's confident in Obama's H&C, every time he opens his mouth!

:puke:

haroldthebarrel
06-16-2009, 03:51 PM
if they do trade Marshall away that is the final straw for me.
To me, you need talent to win. You want to build upon the strength of what Shanahan did well. Instead this dude is ripping the team apart making this a my way or the highway.

To me, McDaniels is ripping this team apart. He wants to win and he wants to win his way.
First it was the GM.
Then it was the Cutler affair.
Then it is Marshall. along with the center.
Why the heck keep competent dudes on offense if you clearly want to do it your way.

We trade away another star player, even with the baggage and I am going into a hiatus.
To an extent I already have done exactly that, but while I will always support the team, I cannot support the Head coach anymore.
Please come to your senses and give him a contract. I thought Cutlers deal was mostly about a contract. Or it could have been resolved that way.
The Marshall thing is all about money, please keep him.

lex
06-16-2009, 03:51 PM
I never said it makes me a better fan. My thought is I want to see the product on the field before blowing a gasket. I know we're a step back than we were at the end of the last season. I also know that Shanny had lost that locker room. If we can get some of the TEAM players to buy in to this new scheme, we may be better off for the coming years. I don't expect an immediate payoff. I also didn't expect that if everything stayed the same from last season, we would be Super Bowl bound.

If it makes me a sheep to want to see the product on the field before passing judgement.....bahhhhhhh.

Fair enough.

When was the last time you were critical of the new regime? Weigh that against how many times you have defended the current regime. Thats why you were called a sheep.

Ive both been critical and defended Shanahan. The truth is that they left some talent on the roster so I wouldnt rule out a decent season. His tolerance for the sub par coaches though needed to end.

Ive also been both critical and complimentary of Il Duce. And the truth is that every flaw that exists with McDaniels goes back to Pat. My bigger grievance is with Pat. Pat is the one who has a case of Bob Kraft envy. Pat is the one who brought in McDaniels and steadfastly defended him. This is Pats abortion if things dont go well.

Benetto
06-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Wisenhunt who took his team to the Superbowl is having the same problem with his star WR, Boldin. Boldin has been requesting a trade for the same reasons...Did their coach try to reason with him and keep him? Or did he say screw him, he's as good as gone the next day? Even with Fitz still on the team, Wisenhunt is still trying to mend things and make it better with Boldin.

Great work Josh! :coffee:

red98
06-16-2009, 03:52 PM
Ummmm....

....no!

They haven't. :coffee:

I'll be more clear. The Broncos have commited over 100 million dollars to free agent signings this off season.

My original point being that salary cap hell has nothing to do with not giving BM a new contract.

haroldthebarrel
06-16-2009, 03:58 PM
Wisenhunt who took his team to the Superbowl is having the same problem with his star WR, Boldin. Boldin has been requesting a trade for the same reasons...Did their coach try to reason with him and keep him? Or did he say screw him, he's as good as gone the next day? Even with Fitz still on the team, Wisenhunt is still trying to mend things and make it better with Boldin.

I didnt think it was possible to do something like what has happened this off season with ONE OF THE MOST STABLE FRANCHISES IN THE NFL.

This teams front office has turned around into something so shameful it rivals the Raiders FO.
I mean, come on how do you manage to let a guy this young get so much power and do so many moves that beyond doubt has made this team worse.
Likely even if he somehow manages to stay in his job he needs to develop or find an develop a great qb. He will need to find another great receiver since his system is so much based on the spread.
And at what point has it ever seemed like the drafting of this team will compensate for the losses?

rcsodak
Thick and thin? LOL. Denver has rarely had a losing season. Youll have to take that nonsense to someone who is buying what youre selling.

I guess looking from the eyes of a fair weather fan who's followed the team for as short of time as you have, I'd prolly not know of the 17 losing seasons, since 1960. Add to that the .500 seasons they had, and it's apparent to everybody that you don't know the Denver Broncos, sir.

Maybe you should read up on the franchise before you put your toes to the keys.

And I happen to be a very good salesman, thank you. :coffee:

GEM
Fair enough.

When was the last time you were critical of the new regime? Weigh that against how many times you have defended the current regime. Thats why you were called a sheep.

Ive both been critical and defended Shanahan. The truth is that they left some talent on the roster so I wouldnt rule out a decent season. His tolerance for the sub par coaches though needed to end.

Ive also been both critical and complimentary of Il Duce. And the truth is that every flaw that exists with McDaniels goes back to Pat. My bigger grievance is with Pat. Pat is the one who has a case of Bob Kraft envy. Pat is the one who brought in McDaniels and steadfastly defended him. This is Pats abortion if things dont go well.

I'm critical of the choices of the new regime, BUT at the same time, I don't know how those choices affect my team until they hit the field. I'm holding the sky is falling posts for September. ;)

GEM
06-16-2009, 04:01 PM
Winning seasons don't mean much in the big picture. We've received mediocrity and asked for more. I know, it's better than cheering for a team like Detroit, but we've been on a steady decline for the past 3 seasons...even loaded with talent. We don't know if this is helping or hurting until the conclusion of this season. At that point, if we don't have signs of improvement, I can see the sky is falling posts being valid. At this point, we're all guessing.

BroncoWave
06-16-2009, 04:03 PM

FFS. :tsk: I don't even know what to say. I'm honestly at a loss for words. All I can say is this:

Quote from Josh McDaniels:

Dortoh
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
This offseason makes me wanna snuggle up in a snuggie and cry

lex
06-16-2009, 04:05 PM
I didnt think it was possible to do something like what has happened this off season with ONE OF THE MOST STABLE FRANCHISES IN THE NFL.

This teams front office has turned around into something so shameful it rivals the Raiders FO.
I mean, come on how do you manage to let a guy this young get so much power and do so many moves that beyond doubt has made this team worse.
Likely even if he somehow manages to stay in his job he needs to develop or find an develop a great qb. He will need to find another great receiver since his system is so much based on the spread.
And at what point has it ever seemed like the drafting of this team will compensate for the losses?

Trust me. Im highly skeptical of McDaniels...maybe even more than you. But to be fair, this all goes back to Pat. Pats case of Bob Kraft envy is driving this. This stuff with Marshall seems like it has more to do with Pats new business model than it is an affirmation from Josh that Marshall can or cant play.

Its possible that Denver will be decent this season when you look at some of the changes. A lot of fat was trimmed on the coaching staff. Yeah, we got rid of Cutler but we've also shown some indications that we will be more devoted to the running game. We won SBs because of a dominant running game and we were far too pass happy last year and have been trying to make the running game work with scrubs far too long. And just replacing Slowik and Burney is a plus. So if the coaches can improve there positions and if Denver can get the running game to be formiddable again, it may be better than what you think. The offense is inferior to what we won SBs with but there is a chance for the team to be successful.

lex
06-16-2009, 04:08 PM
Winning seasons don't mean much in the big picture. We've received mediocrity and asked for more. I know, it's better than cheering for a team like Detroit, but we've been on a steady decline for the past 3 seasons...even loaded with talent. We don't know if this is helping or hurting until the conclusion of this season. At that point, if we don't have signs of improvement, I can see the sky is falling posts being valid. At this point, we're all guessing.

No. Not on the decline at all. You have to look under the hood. Replacing Sundquist with Goodman paid huge dividends in acquiring talent. Mayock, the most respected draftnik in the business, raves about Denvers 06 and 08 drafts. Basically, there was significant roster turnover while simultaneously trying to win. It wasnt completely done but they were definintely on the rise.

underrated29
06-16-2009, 04:09 PM
This offseason makes me wanna snuggle up in a snuggie and cry

ANY room in there for me? I am weaping in the corner on the floor in a ball.
Its ss..sss...ssooo cold. *shivers*

Timmy!
06-16-2009, 04:11 PM
http://3.bp.blogspot.com/_5tKvwoPy9SM/R6xVzO10pgI/AAAAAAAAA18/C618dteHqyE/s320/mad-as-hell.jpg

nevcraw
06-16-2009, 04:14 PM

I feel bad for you on all but Nalen - you only had 10,000 years to buy the nalen one..

GEM
No. Not on the decline at all. You have to look under the hood. Replacing Sundquist with Goodman paid huge dividends in acquiring talent. Mayock, the most respected draftnik in the business, raves about Denvers 06 and 08 drafts. Basically, there was significant roster turnover while simultaneously trying to win. It wasnt completely done but they were definintely on the rise.

If we're going by wins-losses, then it shows decline. The problem with the previous regime was all advances on the offense meant nothing without some made to the defense, which wasn't happening. I agree with you that one of Shanny's biggest downfalls was his choice in coaching staff. If Defense isn't your thing, make damn sure you have a coach that can do Defense. He didn't do that.

haroldthebarrel
Trust me. Im highly skeptical of McDaniels...maybe even more than you. But to be fair, this all goes back to Pat. Pats case of Bob Kraft envy is driving this. This stuff with Marshall seems like it has more to do with Pats new business model than it is an affirmation from Josh that Marshall can or cant play.

Its possible that Denver will be decent this season when you look at some of the changes. A lot of fat was trimmed on the coaching staff. Yeah, we got rid of Cutler but we've also shown some indications that we will be more devoted to the running game. We won SBs because of a dominant running game and we were far too pass happy last year and have been trying to make the running game work with scrubs far too long. And just replacing Slowik and Burney is a plus. So if the coaches can improve there positions and if Denver can get the running game to be formiddable again, it may be better than what you think. The offense is inferior to what we won SBs with but there is a chance for the team to be successful.

that is a long term strategy. Dependent upon this staff can actually find talent in the trenches which usually take two/three years to develop anyway.
The most succesful recipe to win a SB is a good to great qb and a great defense.
Like Pitt, Philly and NE.
This staff has given me no reason to think that they can find a defense and they let the qb go.

While it may also be Bowlen, who anyway seem to come up with somewhat conflicting reports than McDaniels that shows at best a power and communication problem.
We were good for so long in large part due to coaching stability.
Everything would be good now to offer Marshall and Wiegman money to get the environment stable and focusing on playing actual football.
Instead every thing turns from a distraction into something like a true conflict at the speed of light.

The first moves McDaniels did made great sense. Since then this has turned into a downward spiral and every damn issue gets blown out of proportions eventually.

Dortoh
Anybody know any Lions fans that could come in here and console us?

GEM
06-16-2009, 04:16 PM
that is a long term strategy. Dependent upon this staff can actually find talent in the trenches which usually take two/three years to develop anyway.
The most succesful recipe to win a SB is a good to great qb and a great defense.
This staff has given me no reason to think that they can find a defense and they let the qb go.

While it may also be Bowlen, who anyway seem to come up with somewhat conflicting reports than McDaniels that shows at best a power and communication problem.
Everything would be good now to offer Marshall and Wiegman now money to get the environment stable and playing actual football.
Instead every thing turns from a distraction into something like a true conflict at the speed of light.

The first moves McDaniels did made great sense. Since then this has turned into a downward spiral and every damn issue gets blown out of proportions eventually.

If that is the recipe....we wouldn't be Super Bowl bound under Shanny. He couldn't put a decent defense on the field the last few years.

GEM
06-16-2009, 04:17 PM
Anybody know any Lions fans that could come in here and console us?

We did get blown out by the lowly Lions under Shanny...

lex
06-16-2009, 04:23 PM
If we're going by wins-losses, then it shows decline. The problem with the previous regime was all advances on the offense meant nothing without some made to the defense, which wasn't happening. I agree with you that one of Shanny's biggest downfalls was his choice in coaching staff. If Defense isn't your thing, make damn sure you have a coach that can do Defense. He didn't do that.

Im not going to defend Slowik. Im also not going to defend any of the position coaches. I think last year was revealing in that when Denver had a lot of injuries on defense, it actually looked better than with the regular starters. Thats an obvious shortcoming. Either its Shanahan playing favorites to the veterans or its relying on shoddy position coaches. But it also seems like once the season started, those starters were set in stone. It was apparent though that Goodmans actually supplied decent players, though they werent implemented/utilized. There was never any allotment or opening to phase rookies into the defense. The defense was just so sad.

However, I think ist possible the offense would have compensated for the defense. I would have expected improvement. I expect that even now. That just comes with experience. Slowik was always going to be hard to overcome and I was also never sold on Bates. Plus, Ive stated many times that Shanahans approach to the running game was hubris. Still, though, the offense had enough going for it, we could have continued to improve.

haroldthebarrel
06-16-2009, 04:25 PM
If that is the recipe....we wouldn't be Super Bowl bound under Shanny. He couldn't put a decent defense on the field the last few years.

true.
And that is why I wanted Spagnulo.
But Shanahan did at least at one time have Coyer. And he did several season have defenses that were decent.
But to me the most important issue is that I thought we were at least two years away from competing again at least until we got another DC.
The talent pool was beginning to come together, and the Goodmans proved for four years that they drafted decently. Yes even the Darrent Williams draft was above league standard.
But this team is looking at at least three or four years to build up the talent pool to compete. And at least two of these years are in my opinion a result of stupid off season moves by the front office.

So we will say if I am right. I know my feelings on this is very negitively subjective, and I want to be wrong. But I really doubt I am wrong on this.
The fact remains that we are the laughing stock to fans and reporters around the league. And that has happened in just one off season.

lex
06-16-2009, 04:28 PM
true.
And that is why I wanted Spagnulo.
But Shanahan did at least at one time have Coyer. And he did several season have defenses that were decent.
But to me the most important issue is that I thought we were at least two years away from competing again at least until we got another DC.
The talent pool was beginning to come together, and the Goodmans proved for four years that they drafted decently. Yes even the Darrent Williams draft was above league standard.
But this team is looking at at least three or four years to build up the talent pool to compete. And at least two of these years are in my opinion a result of stupid off season moves by the front office.

So we will say if I am right. I know my feelings on this is very negitively subjective, and I want to be wrong. But I really doubt I am wrong on this.
The fact remains that we are the laughing stock to fans and reporters around the league. And that has happened in just one off season.

Decent drafts? Try great drafts. No team in the league was better at drafting during the Goodman era than the Denver Broncos.

cuzz4169
06-16-2009, 04:29 PM
Its guys like brandom Marshall who have kept this team from winning. Football is a sport were the locker room has to be united....guys like him separate the locker room....the super bowl days none of this crap went on we where a football team not a bunch of selfish millionares......I say tell him to beat it!!!!

lex
06-16-2009, 04:33 PM

Everything would be good now to offer Marshall and Wiegman money to get the environment stable and focusing on playing actual football.

Yeah, McDaniels interpersonal skills seem like they leave a lot to be desired. Youre asking a lot of grown men and in return they also have expectations and dont like to be jerked around. There seems to be some of that going on with the various Bilicheat protoges.

Another thing along those lines that soured me on McDaniels was the interview he did with Alfred Williams (and that other clown) where Williams threw out there some reference to Elway and such, to which McDaniels replied with something about Brady. Thats fine if he feels that way but for him to actually say that just goes to show that he doesnt get it. It came across like he acts like NE invented football when weve been winning for a long time...a long time before he came along. He just doesnt seem to get that. He is so obsessed with Belicheat.

BroncoWave
06-16-2009, 04:41 PM
We did get blown out by the lowly Lions under Shanny...

They then went on to lose 23 of their next 24 games from that point on. Quality job by Shanny getting us ready for that juggernaut of a team!

underrated29
06-16-2009, 05:32 PM
Its guys like brandom Marshall who have kept this team from winning. Football is a sport were the locker room has to be united....guys like him separate the locker room....the super bowl days none of this crap went on we where a football team not a bunch of selfish millionares......I say tell him to beat it!!!!

You arent serious are you cuzz?

Thats just plain silly....

weazel
06-16-2009, 05:44 PM

so our 3-13 team would somehow be 13-3 WITH Marshall? LMAO

Tned
06-16-2009, 05:46 PM
so our 3-13 team would somehow be 13-3 WITH Marshall? LMAO

No, but it is hard to make a case for the team being better (on the field) without Marshall than with him.

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 05:48 PM

Mayock sucks.

He thought Denver needed to draft a QB in rd1!!!!!!

:coffee:

Italianmobstr7
06-16-2009, 05:51 PM
Looks like Marshall is as good as gone....

http://www.bmarshall15.com/blog/?p=142

Clearing the Air…
To whom it may concern. Life is filled with change, and where I am in my life now change is probably best. It’s hard leaving an organization ran by one of the best owners in all of sports, and someone who’s been there for me through my ups and downs. The hardest thing was hearing Mr. B wish me luck in the future, but we both came to the conclusion that this is probably the best thing for me to grow on and off the field. I thank the Denver fans who embraced my emotion and play on the field and showing me love everytime I step outside my door.

Tned
06-16-2009, 05:54 PM
Pat Kirwin and Tim Ryan are saying "talent level" Marshall is worth two number ones and that is what Denver will be looking for, but that not too many teams will want to risk that because of the off the field issues.

Benetto
06-16-2009, 06:06 PM
Yeah it sure sounds like the Broncos (McDaniels), are striving to get him back on the team.

All that BS about "we're trying to get him back on track and into another meeting" is BS....Face it. :coffee:

Tned
06-16-2009, 06:08 PM
Someone please tell me that the WR we drafted was nicknamed baby BM in college....

Requiem / The Dagda
06-16-2009, 06:13 PM
No, but Kenny McKinley can be a starter in the NFL.

SoCalImport
06-16-2009, 06:32 PM
Soooo...the good news is we should have a great ground game....

lex
06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
Soooo...the good news is we should have a great ground game....

Possibly, provided Orton has a strong enough arm to keep the defense off the LOS.

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 07:18 PM
Decent drafts? Try great drafts. No team in the league was better at drafting during the Goodman era than the Denver Broncos.

WHAT!!!! :eek:

LMAO! You must have one hell of a man-crush on Mayock to think that!!!!

You wait 3yrs MINIMUM to grade drafts! DEFINITELY not 1!!!!
2006: Their #1 pick is gone....Scheffler, for all his talent, is oft-injured and is yet to play 16....no 3rd....Hixon is gone....Eslinger is gone. You grade them by how they're doing for YOUR team...not another.

Maybe it's time you change your avy? :D

lex
06-16-2009, 07:25 PM

2006: Their #1 pick is gone....Scheffler, for all his talent, is oft-injured and is yet to play 16....no 3rd....Hixon is gone....Eslinger is gone. You grade them by how they're doing for YOUR team...not another.

Kuper, Marshall, Dumervil, Cutler, Scheffler, Royal, Clady, Hillis, and Larsen have all contributed.

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 09:16 PM
Kuper, Marshall, Dumervil, Cutler, Scheffler, Royal, Clady, Hillis, and Larsen have all contributed.

If your only qualification is 'contributing', then you can list a hell of a lot more names.....

lex
06-16-2009, 09:22 PM
If your only qualification is 'contributing', then you can list a hell of a lot more names.....

Youre amusing.

frauschieze
06-16-2009, 10:21 PM

Mismanaging personal after they are drafted doesn't mar the actual draft class.

Cutler - a pro bowl starting quarterback
Sheffler - a major contributing TE who creates big mismatch problems, albeit with injury issues
Marshall - #1 WR, arguably in the top 10 of WR in the league right now.
Kuper - Damn solid guard on the league's best O-line.
Dumervil - 12 1/2 sack season when used correctly. Shitty defensive scheme held him back but still has the ability to be a major player.
Hixon - Jettisoned too early and shown to be a solid #2/#3 receiver and a major contributor on special teams.
Eslinger - didn't show too much after being billed as being the center of the future.....guess that one didn't pan out.

Tell me......where did that draft class go wrong?

Edit: Added Eslinger.

broncfn90
06-16-2009, 10:26 PM
I got my box ready to put all my broncos crap in there and send it too bowlen and say "pay me back this is not what i signed up for".... well of course i would not do that but thats how i feel

MOtorboat
06-16-2009, 10:28 PM
I got my box ready to put all my broncos crap in there and send it too bowlen and say "pay me back this is not what i signed up for".... well of course i would not do that but thats how i feel

Se la vie.

rcsodak
06-16-2009, 10:40 PM
Mismanaging personal after they are drafted doesn't mar the actual draft class.

Cutler - a pro bowl starting quarterback
Sheffler - a major contributing TE who creates big mismatch problems, albeit with injury issues
Marshall - #1 WR, arguably in the top 10 of WR in the league right now.
Kuper - Damn solid guard on the league's best O-line.
Dumervil - 12 1/2 sack season when used correctly. Shitty defensive scheme held him back but still has the ability to be a major player.
Hixon - Jettisoned too early and shown to be a solid #2/#3 receiver and a major contributor on special teams.
Eslinger - didn't show too much after being billed as being the center of the future.....guess that one didn't pan out.

Tell me......where did that draft class go wrong?

Edit: Added Eslinger.

Sorry, but headcases don't qualify as great picks in my book.

Cut-n-run'er-headcase
Marsh-headcase

Hixon wasn't "Jettisoned", fyi. He was being moved between active/PS and the NYG grabbed him. Shanny said he showed promise, but inconsistency definitely played a roll, not to mention his 'hit'. And not having a good WR corp while he is learning the NFL way doesn't behoove keeping him on the active roster from day 1.

And we're all seeing that Eslinger isn't exactly top tier.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 10:58 PM
Sorry, but headcases don't qualify as great picks in my book.

Cut-n-run'er-headcase
Marsh-headcase

Hixon wasn't "Jettisoned", fyi. He was being moved between active/PS and the NYG grabbed him. Shanny said he showed promise, but inconsistency definitely played a roll, not to mention his 'hit'. And not having a good WR corp while he is learning the NFL way doesn't behoove keeping him on the active roster from day 1.

And we're all seeing that Eslinger isn't exactly top tier.

RC, really . . . Eslinger was 6th round. Is he supposed to be top tier?

Regarding Cutler, he made the Pro Bowl this last year, then was traded for
two 1st rounders and a 3rd. That was a bad draft?--Sounds as if there was
an awful lot of value there.

Marshall was a 4th rounder. It is questionable whether a 4th rounder will even
be a starter, let alone a Pro Bowler. But for a 4th rounder to go to the Pro
Bowl is a phenomenal draft choice.

And Kuper, a 5th rounder, played at a Pro Bowl level last year! He allowed no
sacks last year, IIRC. A 5th rounder!

Dumervil was also a 4th rounder for all his accomplishments.

It is true that Scheffler has had some bad luck with injuries, but he's still here,
and he is still a matchup problem for defenses.

And Hixon was not a drafting mistake: he was a handling mistake. As you
pointed out, the Giants grabbed him off the PS, after which he did quite well
for himself, especially in that he was a 4th rounder, too.

RC, I love ya, buddy, but I don't know how you can consider the 2006 draft
as anything but good . . .

-----

rcsodak
06-17-2009, 11:46 PM
RC, really . . . Eslinger was 6th round. Is he supposed to be top tier?

Regarding Cutler, he made the Pro Bowl this last year, then was traded for
two 1st rounders and a 3rd. That was a bad draft?--Sounds as if there was
an awful lot of value there.

Marshall was a 4th rounder. It is questionable whether a 4th rounder will even
be a starter, let alone a Pro Bowler. But for a 4th rounder to go to the Pro
Bowl is a phenomenal draft choice.

And Kuper, a 5th rounder, played at a Pro Bowl level last year! He allowed no
sacks last year, IIRC. A 5th rounder!

Dumervil was also a 4th rounder for all his accomplishments.

It is true that Scheffler has had some bad luck with injuries, but he's still here,
and he is still a matchup problem for defenses.

And Hixon was not a drafting mistake: he was a handling mistake. As you
pointed out, the Giants grabbed him off the PS, after which he did quite well
for himself, especially in that he was a 4th rounder, too.

RC, I love ya, buddy, but I don't know how you can consider the 2006 draft
as anything but good . . .

-----

I'm not saying it wasn't "good", top.....

....but when numbskulls think it was the BEST in the league, I DO have a problem with that.

Surely, you'd agree with that?

And honestly.....it shouldn't matter where a player is picked. Shit happens in the draft....a run at a certain position....a "rumor"....team needs....lack of player info....et al.

If they are in the NFL.....and are getting paid outlandish amounts of money....then they SHOULD be on the field...for the team that drafted them....and performing at a high level. IMHO. ;)

.....And I love you top, Top! :beer:

hotcarl
06-18-2009, 09:09 AM
announcer: “Orton drops back throws towards Brandon Lloyd…hits Lloyd in the tits…..ball falls to the ground….4th and 6 it’s been a long season folks”

Nomad
06-18-2009, 12:24 PM
I know how many of you love Mike Florio, so here's his latest article from PFT!!!

Broncos Don’t Plan To Trade Marshall
Posted by Mike Florio on June 18, 2009, 12:42 p.m. EDT
We’ve continued to hear, from well-placed sources (as opposed to our usual “dude who replaces the toilet paper”), that the Denver Broncos will not be trading receiver Brandon Marshall.

It could be puffing. We understand that. But the point is that there apparently won’t be a “get what we can and move on” approach in this specific case.

If someone offered a first-round pick and a second-round pick, it would be very difficult for Denver to decline. Still, who in the hell would offer that much for a guy who in turn will want at least $9 million per year, and who remains one renegade McDonalds’ bag away from another suspension, or worse?

So the Broncos get it. They realize no one is sufficiently desperate to take that kind of a risk.

(Except maybe the Jets.)

Meanwhile, we’re detecting a bit of a sense that the organization would prefer that owner Pat Bowlen not get personally involved in these situations. Bowlen’s role in the Jay Cutler situation served only to grease the skids for a divorce, given that Bowlen was offended (as he should have been) by Cutler’s alleged refusal to return calls or texts from the guy who signs the checks.

And coupled with Bowlen’s admission that he is suffering from short-term memory loss, any one-on-one meeting with an unhappy player can result in the player claiming that Bowlen said things that he flat-out didn’t say.

So that’s the problems the Broncos now have. Marshall thinks Bowlen said a trade will be pursued. It doesn’t matter whether the team disagrees; the mere fact that Marshall believes it will make it even harder for the coaching staff and the front office to manage the situation.

Still, there’s a fundamental difference between having an unhappy receiver and an unhappy franchise quarterback. With Cutler, the Broncos had no choice but to move on. With Marshall, they can say things like “see you in camp.”

And that’s basically what they’re doing.

In other words, long after T.O. is gone, there will be pass-catchers who give us reasons to get our popcorn ready.

Dean
06-18-2009, 04:26 PM
I'm not saying it wasn't "good", top.....

....but when numbskulls think it was the BEST in the league, I DO have a problem with that.

Surely, you'd agree with that?

And honestly.....it shouldn't matter where a player is picked. Shit happens in the draft....a run at a certain position....a "rumor"....team needs....lack of player info....et al.

If they are in the NFL.....and are getting paid outlandish amounts of money....then they SHOULD be on the field...for the team that drafted them....and performing at a high level. IMHO. ;)

.....And I love you Top, Top!:beer:

Top and RC I feel like I should knock before entering into this conversation.:D

If our draft wasn't the best in 2006, whose was? I would be interested to know. :confused: