PDA

View Full Version : Marshall, class act

pumpdoc
06-16-2009, 11:48 AM
O'boy as if you Broncos don't have enough problems.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 12:07 PM
So . . . um . . . was that supposed to be smack or something? :confused:

-----

GEM
06-16-2009, 12:21 PM
O'boy as if you Broncos don't have enough problems.

How about you worry about YOUR problems.....like no Super Bowl trophy in the case and the grim outlook on getting one.

Mmmmmmkay.

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 12:39 PM
LOL, if the Broncos lose Marshall.

Worst. Offseason. In. Franchise. History.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 12:56 PM

Yes, we're liable to find out how you have felt every year for the last decade or two . . . :coffee:

-----

BoltsOwnU
06-16-2009, 06:15 PM
How about you worry about YOUR problems.....like no Super Bowl trophy in the case and the grim outlook on getting one.

Mmmmmmkay.

GEM, come on. This is about as bad as "I'm the jerk, hey buddy, you're the jerk". You need to stop stealing comebacks from your younguns.

Be your royal hotness, not an irrelevant

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/broken_record.jpg

BoltsOwnU
06-16-2009, 06:17 PM
So . . . um . . . was that supposed to be smack or something? :confused:

-----

And, it basically is. BM got defended in here like the second coming of Elway when I and others correctly called him for the low-character waste of carbon he is. Sure he can play, but he's a vastly overrated, selfish cancer, just as we (those not blind Donk homers) called it quite some time ago. Be glad to be rid of him. Other than Cutler the Crybaby, it was hard to imagine an even bigger embarassment to your once proud franchise, but lo and behold, he'll deliver if you let him.

Benetto
06-16-2009, 06:22 PM
There are a lot of worries in Broncoland, yes...A lot.

But the ultimate Goal has been achieved, twice...As long ago as it was, it still happened.

The Chargers haven't won it, even with the world of talent on their team season after season...That seems like a legit thing to worry about to me...

BoltsOwnU
06-16-2009, 06:36 PM
There are a lot of worries in Broncoland, yes...A lot.

But the ultimate Goal has been achieved, twice...As long ago as it was, it still happened.

The Chargers haven't won it, even with the world of talent on their team season after season...That seems like a legit thing to worry about to me...

Although this argument is tired and irrelevant (and we can count on GEM to trumpet it out nice and shrill in EVERY thread) you get some props for at least mixing it in with something germane, and stating it creatively. Well played.:beer:

Benetto
06-16-2009, 06:40 PM
Although this argument is tired and irrelevant (and we can count on GEM to trumpet it out nice and shrill in EVERY thread) you get some props for at least mixing it in with something germane, and stating it creatively. Well played.:beer:
Right back atcha :beer:

Devilspawn
06-16-2009, 07:20 PM
When Raiders fans in droves are laughing at another team's offseason moves and saying "Thank God we're not having their offseason!"...

WITH Al Davis still alive,

you know you're f*cked.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 07:39 PM
And, it basically is. BM got defended in here like the second coming of Elway when I and others correctly called him for the low-character waste of carbon he is. Sure he can play, but he's a vastly overrated, selfish cancer, just as we (those not blind Donk homers) called it quite some time ago. Be glad to be rid of him. Other than Cutler the Crybaby, it was hard to imagine an even bigger embarassment to your once proud franchise, but lo and behold, he'll deliver if you let him.

To me, that is a well put argument. I don't think a lot of people recognize this,
but what the Denver FO is doing is getting rid of the "me-first" players and
instilling the "team-first" players.

Do the Broncos have another Brandon Marshall among their WRs? No, but
neither do the Pittsburgh Steelers. How did that work out last year?

The Broncos are stocking up with HUNGRY FOOTBALL PLAYERS, BALLERS, who
LINE UP AND PLAY FOOTBALL!!

Maybe rival fans from around the Division are having some belly laughs right
now, but they should be scared to death as to what is happening in Denver.
The last thing they want is to have to come into Denver and try to beat a
mob of FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

I believe what is coming together is a team that other teams will NOT want to
play. And if that means Marshall hitting the road, then cya!

Besides, can anyone say that Scheffler poses less of a matchup to the
defense than Marshall? And McD loves TEs, and so does Orton.

I don't think we'll miss a beat . . . :coffee:

P.S. I know this is supposed to be smack, but you just made too much sense . . .

-----

Devilspawn
06-16-2009, 07:41 PM

-----
That's what she said.

Ok ok, sorry Miss Marshall, that's my bad!

topscribe
06-16-2009, 07:43 PM
That's what she said.

I want you to stay away from the "Big Bang" thread, you hear?

-----

SR
06-16-2009, 07:50 PM
That's what she said.

Thank God OR doesn't talk shit as well as you do. We'd all be embarrassed by someone we don't like and can't stand AT ALL.

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 08:01 PM
And another thing...

Josh McForrestGump is saying that the team is trying to work things out and that they will see Marshall is training camp.

Brandon Marshall just posted on his website that Pat Bowlen, the owner, said that they came to the conclusion that trading him is best.

Brandon's agent says that that team said that they will do their best to accomodate Brandon's request.

What the hell is going on in Dungver?

If feels so good not to be the dysfunctional team in the division anymore. Thanks Josh!

Josh McDaniels has "Owned" your team :lol:

BoltsOwnU
06-16-2009, 08:02 PM
To me, that is a well put argument. I don't think a lot of people recognize this,
but what the Denver FO is doing is getting rid of the "me-first" players and
instilling the "team-first" players.

mob of FOOTBALL PLAYERS.

I believe what is coming together is a team that other teams will NOT want to
play. And if that means Marshall hitting the road, then cya!

Besides, can anyone say that Scheffler poses less of a matchup to the
defense than Marshall? And McD loves TEs, and so does Orton.

P.S. I know this is supposed to be smack, but you just made too much sense . . .

-----

When Cutler was traded, I was not happy. If BM goes, and with it, all his wanna be TO-ness, I will again, NOT be happy. Those are the things that helped keep your franchise down in the cellar. My whole point was simply that the state of things shouldn't surprise anyone, it was inevitable.

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 08:08 PM
You are a delusional Charger fan if you think that Cutler and Marshall were holding the Broncos back. If anything, they were keeping that sad franchise up.

Nobody was complaining about Marshall and Cutler's "attitudes" when Mike ShanaTan was there. Now McDaniels comes in and all of a sudden, Cutler and Marshall are seen as these crybabies.

It's your coach. He's the problem.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 08:10 PM
And another thing...

Josh McForrestGump is saying that the team is trying to work things out and that they will see Marshall is training camp.

Brandon Marshall just posted on his website that Pat Bowlen, the owner, said that they came to the conclusion that trading him is best.

Brandon's agent says that that team said that they will do their best to accomodate Brandon's request.

What the hell is going on in Dungver?

If feels so good not to be the dysfunctional team in the division anymore. Thanks Josh!

Josh McDaniels has "Owned" your team :lol:

Um . . . what was that again?

Sorry, I wasn't listening . . . :ranger:

-----

Devilspawn
06-16-2009, 08:30 PM
That's a really bad comparison. Pittsburgh has the #1 defense in the league. It takes more, a lot more. Denver was an offensive team last year, statistically. Right now, the improvements are in the show me stage. Even the Dawkins signing, he'll simply lead the league in tackles if the d-line is still garbage, said Gibril Wilson.

mob of FOOTBALL PLAYERS.
You can take Brandon Lloyd out of that equation. That looks like a move for Orton's comfort based on one year that wasn't even good to begin with.

The key ingredients of change on offense, the coach, QB, RB, and #1 wideout are all going to be new and working together for the first time. You have a great start with the offensive line, but how far will it go? Remember how everyone was talking about San Diego going from Marty to Norv, how they'll have to learn a new system and how it's not going to work because Norv's an idiot. What's the difference here?

SR
06-16-2009, 08:52 PM
The whole thing in Denver can be taken one of two ways.

You can look at it as if the sky is falling. Denver traded their franchise QB and now they're having problems with their stud #1 WR. We have a new coach that seemingly doesn't know what he's doing and is destroying this franchise from the ground up. I can see how people would look at it this way.

Or.

You can look at it in the sense that McDaniels is building a football TEAM. He's getting rid of the character issues in the locker room and building a football TEAM out of football PLAYERS. Yeah, we've lost THE marquis name on this team in Cutler and yeah we're about to lose another marquis name in Marshall, but the thing I learned most in basic training and still preach to my youngins to this day is "have faith in the system". No, our offense won't be prolific between the 20s like it was last year, but maybe McD knows what he's doing regardless of what it seems like on the surface.

Do I like how this offseason is going? Goodness no. But do I have faith that McD has a plan and knows what he's doing? Sure. I don't like that two of our best players are gone (assuming Marshall is traded or holds out) and I don't like that I now have a half dozen Broncos jerseys hanging in my closet that mean nothing now because those two players are gone, but I have faith that something good will come of all of this.

NickelTG
06-16-2009, 08:58 PM
Hopefully we will eventually install an entire team of harvard grad's with clean criminal records...That will definitely win a super bowl.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 09:18 PM
That's a really bad comparison. Pittsburgh has the #1 defense in the league. It takes more, a lot more. Denver was an offensive team last year, statistically. Right now, the improvements are in the show me stage. Even the Dawkins signing, he'll simply lead the league in tackles if the d-line is still garbage, said Gibril Wilson.

Au contraire, my little bottom-feeder. It is a very good comparison. You hit
precisely on what I was getting at. Pittsburgh has what it takes. Denver
doesn't . . . or at least didn't . . . but they did have Marshall, right?

You can take Brandon Lloyd out of that equation. That looks like a move for Orton's comfort based on one year that wasn't even good to begin with.

The key ingredients of change on offense, the coach, QB, RB, and #1 wideout are all going to be new and working together for the first time. You have a great start with the offensive line, but how far will it go? Remember how everyone was talking about San Diego going from Marty to Norv, how they'll have to learn a new system and how it's not going to work because Norv's an idiot. What's the difference here?

That is a grievous philosophical error, to cast a prediction off an unrelated
incident. Your point, moreover, is irrelevant to the issue. The point is, you
can have Marshall. I want a team who wants to knock your teeth down your
throat. That is the making of a #1 defense . . .

-----

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 09:20 PM
But do I have faith that McD has a plan and knows what he's doing? Sure.

McDaniels has a plan alright.

Ruin the Denver Broncos.

I personally think he is a spy sent by Bill Bellichek, because there is no way that a coach can come in and F up a team as bad as Josh has already.

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 09:24 PM
I want a team who wants to knock your teeth down your

-----

Denver is a long way from having a top 30 defense, much less a #1 defense. :lol:

What puzzles me even more about McDaniels is that he hasn't even addressed your front 7 yet, and he is planning on switching to the 3-4 defense.

Going into the draft, I thought McFacePalm was going to package all those picks he got from Cutler to trade up and get BJ Raji. Instead, he trades up for an undersized corner who you passed on TWICE already.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 09:27 PM
Denver is a long way from having a top 30 defense, much less a #1 defense. :lol:

What puzzles me even more about McDaniels is that he hasn't even addressed your front 7 yet, and he is planning on switching to the 3-4 defense.

Going into the draft, I thought McFacePalm was going to package all those picks he got from Cutler to trade up and get BJ Raji. Instead, he trades up for an undersized corner who you passed on TWICE already.

Pull down your skirt. Your ignorance is showing.

You obviously do not know what McDaniels has addressed. Best you do some
research before you make even a further fool of yourself, if that were possible . . .

-----

OaklandRaider
06-16-2009, 09:40 PM
Pull down your skirt. Your ignorance is showing.

You obviously do not know what McDaniels has addressed. Best you do some
research before you make even a further fool of yourself, if that were possible . . .

-----

Let's see in the draft, you drafted ONE dline player and his name is Robert Ayers. He may not even play on the Dline, I heard he might play linebacker.

In free agency, you didn't do much either to address your front seven.

topscribe
06-16-2009, 09:43 PM
Let's see in the draft, you drafted ONE dline player and his name is Robert Ayers. He may not even play on the Dline, I heard he might play linebacker.

And? Go on . . .

-----

SR
06-16-2009, 10:20 PM

Refresh my memory. Terrell Suggs. What size is he? What kind of defense does he play on? Is he any good? What about Joey Porter? Man. My memory is really fading these days.

Devilspawn
06-16-2009, 11:17 PM
Au contraire, my little bottom-feeder. It is a very good comparison. You hit
precisely on what I was getting at. Pittsburgh has what it takes. Denver
doesn't . . . or at least didn't . . . but they did have Marshall, right?

That is a grievous philosophical error, to cast a prediction off an unrelated
incident. Your point, moreover, is irrelevant to the issue. The point is, you
can have Marshall. I want a team who wants to knock your teeth down your

-----
Good luck with that because there won't be any toothless opponents this year.

Some number one defenses, like the Steelers, have an offense that gives them time to rest. Others in the all-time category like the Bucs and Ravens, had defenses so powerful that they won despite. Denver is so far away from the latter, and they're slipping fast from the former. That's why I brought up San Diego's change. The offense is going to have to do their part too. Orton manages a game, for the defense. Moreno may be named the starter, but he's a rookie now and may be looking at more in the box than he would've when Cutler was there.

Defense wins champinships, with the help of an offense.

Getting rid of Cutler was a good thing unfortunately, what you got it return though, not so sure. Getting rid of Marshall will be another good thing, even better for you if his trade value adds to the violent dentistry you want your defense to practice. But you can't deny that you're losing talent in this area that will be a challenge to replace.

GEM
06-16-2009, 11:55 PM
GEM, come on. This is about as bad as "I'm the jerk, hey buddy, you're the jerk". You need to stop stealing comebacks from your younguns.

Be your royal hotness, not an irrelevant

http://i2.photobucket.com/albums/y34/Rule12b/broken_record.jpg

Why make a big debacle out of it....when those simple words are enough. Short and sweet, to the point.

topscribe
06-17-2009, 12:09 AM
Good luck with that because there won't be any toothless opponents this year.

Some number one defenses, like the Steelers, have an offense that gives them time to rest. Others in the all-time category like the Bucs and Ravens, had defenses so powerful that they won despite. Denver is so far away from the latter, and they're slipping fast from the former. That's why I brought up San Diego's change. The offense is going to have to do their part too. Orton manages a game, for the defense. Moreno may be named the starter, but he's a rookie now and may be looking at more in the box than he would've when Cutler was there.

You don't know that. You don't have the foggiest as to what kind of defense
Denver will have. If you do, then you know more than our own coaches. It is
a grievous error to judge a team by its previous year, especially one with 46
new players on an 80-some-man squad, and most of those new ones being
on defense. Denver could indeed be porous again, yet it could emerge as one
of the top defensive units in the league. But you are making a prediction
whereof you know nothing.

Defense wins champinships, with the help of an offense.

Getting rid of Cutler was a good thing unfortunately, what you got it return though, not so sure. Getting rid of Marshall will be another good thing, even better for you if his trade value adds to the violent dentistry you want your defense to practice. But you can't deny that you're losing talent in this area that will be a challenge to replace.

Denver is losing physical talent, yes. But is it losing as a team? I don't think
so. What it is doing is jettisoning players who may be misfits on the new team.
Even without Cutler and Marshall, the offense is loaded. Orton is a good QB.
Plenty of football authorities have parroted just that. Moreno and Hillis are
good RBs--Hillis has already proven that, and Buckhalter and Jordan have long
since proven themselves. TE is strong and deep with Graham, Scheffler, and
Quinn. WR is still a strong group with Fast Eddie, Stokley, and Gaffney. And
the O-line is close to the best in the league, if not the best.

Moreover, it is coached by McDaniels. That group will score points.

The only question mark is the defense. And, as I mentioned, neither you nor
anyone else knows at this point. But I do know this: a group under the likes
of McDaniels and Nolan will play football. Real football. They may not always
win, but there won't be any clean uniforms out there.

I want players who get first downs and touchdowns on offense, and prevent
them on defense, not players who run all over the field trying to be a
superstar. I've seen too many Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, and Floyd Littles
who gave us individual thrills but no championships.

I want championships. :coffee:

-----

BoltsOwnU
06-17-2009, 12:12 PM
Why make a big debacle out of it....when those simple words are enough. Short and sweet, pointless and most of all, irrelevant to the thread.

Fixed it.

Devilspawn
06-17-2009, 12:18 PM
You don't know that. You don't have the foggiest as to what kind of defense
Denver will have. If you do, then you know more than our own coaches. It is
a grievous error to judge a team by its previous year, especially one with 46
new players on an 80-some-man squad, and most of those new ones being
on defense. Denver could indeed be porous again, yet it could emerge as one
of the top defensive units in the league. But you are making a prediction
whereof you know nothing.
Ok, so when you talk about the 2009 Raiders and your predictions, don't mention the 2008 version. I'll call you out on it with this quote. Why? Because every prediction for every team is based on last year in various aspects. None of us know what will happen with any team, but we all predict on trends from the previous year and what we see as what could be an improvement, not only because they signed this player, got this coach and have an 80 man hungry squad. That's why division favorites, for what they're worth, are primarily picked on last year, with a few anomalies that we call "sleepers".

Denver is losing physical talent, yes. But is it losing as a team? I don't think
so. What it is doing is jettisoning players who may be misfits on the new team.
Even without Cutler and Marshall, the offense is loaded. Orton is a good QB.
Plenty of football authorities have parroted just that. Moreno and Hillis are
good RBs--Hillis has already proven that, and Buckhalter and Jordan have long
since proven themselves. TE is strong and deep with Graham, Scheffler, and
Quinn. WR is still a strong group with Fast Eddie, Stokley, and Gaffney. And
the O-line is close to the best in the league, if not the best.

Moreover, it is coached by McDaniels. That group will score points.
How do you know it will score points under McDaniels? Because he was the offensive coordinator of New England? We can't take last year's numbers with a brand new roster to predict the outcome of the coach's scoring prowess this year. Well, we could before you said we couldn't, which totally messes with my Romeo Crennell comparison.

And about Moreno, he's a good collegiate running back. So was Blair Thomas. He's another wait and see.

The only question mark is the defense. And, as I mentioned, neither you nor
anyone else knows at this point. But I do know this: a group under the likes
of McDaniels and Nolan will play football. Real football. They may not always
win, but there won't be any clean uniforms out there.

I want players who get first downs and touchdowns on offense, and prevent
them on defense, not players who run all over the field trying to be a
superstar. I've seen too many Barry Sanders, Gayle Sayers, and Floyd Littles
who gave us individual thrills but no championships.

I want championships. :coffee:

-----
That's what every NFL fan wants. But the NFL fan doesn't coach. He or she can only watch and hope that the new guy isn't in way over his head and makes more rookie mistakes.

topscribe
06-17-2009, 12:40 PM
Ok, so when you talk about the 2009 Raiders and your predictions, don't mention the 2008 version. I'll call you out on it with this quote. Why? Because every prediction for every team is based on last year in various aspects. None of us know what will happen with any team, but we all predict on trends from the previous year and what we see as what could be an improvement, not only because they signed this player, got this coach and have an 80 man hungry squad. That's why division favorites, for what they're worth, are primarily picked on last year, with a few anomalies that we call "sleepers".

How do you know it will score points under McDaniels? Because he was the offensive coordinator of New England? We can't take last year's numbers with a brand new roster to predict the outcome of the coach's scoring prowess this year. Well, we could before you said we couldn't, which totally messes with my Romeo Crennell comparison.

And about Moreno, he's a good collegiate running back. So was Blair Thomas. He's another wait and see.

That's what every NFL fan wants. But the NFL fan doesn't coach. He or she can only watch and hope that the new guy isn't in way over his head and makes more rookie mistakes.

Okay, so you agree with me. So, um, was that your point, then?

-----

Devilspawn
06-17-2009, 12:55 PM
Okay, so you agree with me. So, um, was that your point, then?

-----
I agreed on the wait and see, not what we think will happen.

Benetto
06-17-2009, 01:00 PM
Dspawn was right about last year and the Raiders being a lot better...They had the most wins in a season since 2004...Five.

topscribe
06-17-2009, 01:02 PM
I agreed on the wait and see, not what we think will happen.

The only prediction I remember making is that the Broncos could be 10-6 this
year, or they could be 6-10. I don't recall making any predictions involving the
Raiders, lately. I did say in 2007 to watch out for them because they look as if
they are emerging . . . something like that.

Have you seen anything else?

-----

Benetto
06-17-2009, 01:05 PM
The raiders will field no more than 7 wins next season...And that's a lot for them...considering the last 6 years.

It's just too hard to count them out with THAT much talent on the field...but then again, it is the Raiders.

Devilspawn
06-17-2009, 01:19 PM
The only prediction I remember making is that the Broncos could be 10-6 this
year, or they could be 6-10. I don't recall making any predictions involving the
Raiders, lately. I did say in 2007 to watch out for them because they look as if
they are emerging . . . something like that.

Have you seen anything else?

-----
Not now no, that was for going forward purposes.

topscribe
06-17-2009, 01:22 PM
Not now no, that was for going forward purposes.

Okay, so here goes . . . The Chokeland Faders suck big-time, and they may be
the next team to go the season without a win. For their own pathetic sakes,
they should cancel the games against the Broncos because they may never
recover from the impending blowouts . . .

How's that?

-----

OaklandRaider
06-17-2009, 05:32 PM
Look at the confidence Bronkey fans have in McDaniels

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34038

:lol:

SR
06-17-2009, 06:00 PM
Aww that's cute. I remember when I had my first beer.

OaklandRaider
06-17-2009, 06:15 PM
What the hell kind of response is that?

EMB6903
06-17-2009, 07:57 PM
When Raiders fans in droves are laughing at another team's offseason moves and saying "Thank God we're not having their offseason!"...

WITH Al Davis still alive,

you know you're f*cked.

you act as if 90% of Raider fans are realistic.... they think they are going to win it every single year.. Every offseason move they make is amazing... until October hits... Hell this OaklandRaider dope thought the Raiders were winning 10 games last year... Ill bet he expects the same this year.

so it really means nothing when a Raiders fan says anything football related.

EMB6903
06-17-2009, 08:01 PM
Look at the confidence Bronkey fans have in McDaniels

http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=34038

:lol:

LMAO!!!!!

We got you going back months to try and find dirt on us..

My goodness you need to go out and make some friends youngin... Its summer and you are a teenager.. quit hanging off Broncosforums jock and go out and do something useful...

Dudes searching the forums going from page to page to try and find some negative comments that Broncos fans posted months ago.

please everybody remind me to put a gun to my head and shoot if I ever waste my time and go create an account on a Raiders forum just to talk shit and try to rile up some fans.... what a life!

OaklandRaider
06-17-2009, 08:38 PM
Actually, it is on the first page in Broncos Talk. I didn't go pages back to look for it, so you fail.

And even if I did look for the thread, the point still remains.

Bronco Fans don't trust their coach. He may be the first coach ever to get fired before coaching a game. :lol:

ROFL @ Bronco fans.

T.K.O.
06-29-2009, 03:56 PM
Actually, it is on the first page in Broncos Talk. I didn't go pages back to look for it, so you fail.

Bronco Fans don't trust their coach. He may be the first coach ever to get fired before coaching a game. :lol:

ROFL @ Bronco fans.

a raiders fan talking smack about coaching changes....FAIL
this from a team that changes coaches more often than al davis changes his depends !
the last coach you guys had that had a shot at the superbowl....you traded and he beat you in the sb the next year and before that it was a guy named shanahan who went to a division rival and won 2 rings......LOL @ anything the raiders have done in almost 30 years !!!!!:welcome:

T.K.O.
06-29-2009, 03:59 PM

and we will still win twice as many games as the raiders.....go figure?:lol:

T.K.O.
06-29-2009, 04:06 PM

so i guess you feel all these guys are selfish cancers with low character as well....
.Kiel 2006 Drug Charges
Foley 2006 DUI
Currey 2006 Domestic violence
Phillips 2006 arrested for fighting with a police officer (dropped)
Gordon 2006 DUI
Waters 2007 assault

I think they had someone get suspended for steroids in 2007 also.i,m sure your leading the charge to get merroid kicked off the team....right?
better check your own closet before inspecting ours

rcsodak
06-30-2009, 05:02 PM

1. McD ISN'T Norv.
2. Norv is STILL an idiot.

Next question....... :coffee:

rcsodak
06-30-2009, 05:08 PM
The whole thing in Denver can be taken one of two ways.

You can look at it as if the sky is falling. Denver traded their franchise QB and now they're having problems with their stud #1 WR. We have a new coach that seemingly doesn't know what he's doing and is destroying this franchise from the ground up. I can see how people would look at it this way.

Or.

You can look at it in the sense that McDaniels is building a football TEAM. He's getting rid of the character issues in the locker room and building a football TEAM out of football PLAYERS. Yeah, we've lost THE marquis name on this team in Cutler and yeah we're about to lose another marquis name in Marshall, but the thing I learned most in basic training and still preach to my youngins to this day is "have faith in the system". No, our offense won't be prolific between the 20s like it was last year, but maybe McD knows what he's doing regardless of what it seems like on the surface.

Do I like how this offseason is going? Goodness no. But do I have faith that McD has a plan and knows what he's doing? Sure. I don't like that two of our best players are gone (assuming Marshall is traded or holds out) and I don't like that I now have a half dozen Broncos jerseys hanging in my closet that mean nothing now because those two players are gone, but I have faith that something good will come of all of this.

Difference between BT's, SR....

....but mine's obvective was to break us down and then build us back up. ;)

But I do feel that McD will change the demeanor of the team. And it'll get rid of that 'finesse' moniker.

rcsodak
06-30-2009, 05:26 PM

ROFL @ Bronco fans.

LMAO!!!!

You're a goober :lol:

Knocking on another team's problems just to give you some hope for your team. Priceless.

BoltsOwnU
07-01-2009, 06:50 PM
so i guess you feel all these guys are selfish cancers with low character as well....
.Kiel 2006 Drug Charges
Foley 2006 DUI
Currey 2006 Domestic violence
Phillips 2006 arrested for fighting with a police officer (dropped)
Gordon 2006 DUI
Waters 2007 assault

I think they had someone get suspended for steroids in 2007 also.i,m sure your leading the charge to get merroid kicked off the team....right?
better check your own closet before inspecting ours

Well, we clean house.

Kiel: Gone.
Foley: Won his suit against the city for wrongful shooting
Curry: released in 06
Phillips; charges dropped, nice effort with bullshit:coffee:
Gordon: Actually teams with MADD to educate kids and promote alcohol-free graduation seasons, and not as part of sentence or probation
Wateres: Gone.

Face it, BM is a deadbeat. A basic criminal/felon that only a team as desperate and gutless as Denver might keep. Hopefully they'll dig deep for the kernel of respectaiblilty they might have left somewhere and trade the SOB. After all, they aren't the Raiders, yet. Their fans aren't quite as lame.:D

T.K.O.
07-01-2009, 07:06 PM
Well, we clean house.

Gordon: Actually teams with MADD to educate kids and promote alcohol-free graduation seasons, and not as part of sentence or probation

Face it, BM is a deadbeat. A basic criminal/felon that only a team as desperate and gutless as Denver might keep. Hopefully they'll dig deep for the kernel of respectaiblilty they might have left somewhere and trade the SOB. After all, they aren't the Raiders, yet. Their fans aren't quite as lame.:D

felon ?
do go on.....

January 06, 2009
Chargers player arrested for DUI
San Diego Chargers' wide receiver Vincent Jackson was arrested on suspicion of drunken driving early this morning.

Jackson was booked into county jail on a misdemeanor charge and released by 6 a.m., a spokesman with the Sheriff's Department said.

Jackson was team's second-leading receiver this year with 59 catches and he led the team with 1,098 yards. He also had 7 TDs.

The Chargers face off against the Pittsburgh Steelers in a divisional playoff game at 1:45 p.m. Sunday.

T.K.O.
07-01-2009, 07:17 PM
Well, we need to clean house.

Face it, vj is a deadbeat. A basic criminal/felon that only a team as desperate and gutless as the chargers might keep. Hopefully they'll dig deep for the kernel of respectaiblilty they might have left somewhere and trade the SOB. After all, they aren't the Raiders, yet. Their fans aren't quite as lame.:D

i went ahead and saved you the trouble of correcting that....whats that old saying about glass houses and rocks ?

BoltsOwnU
07-02-2009, 02:31 PM
i went ahead and saved you the trouble of correcting that....whats that old saying about glass houses and rocks ?

Guess you couldn't come up with anything original. Oh well, that seems to be a common affliction amongst in-bred Donk fans.:D

Oh and by the way, this thread was about me being RIGHT about BM from the start. So really, you totally strayed off point with your flawed analysis. But again, this too seems to be a common affliction amongst. . .well, you get the picture.:coffee:

BroncoNut
07-02-2009, 02:33 PM

this is so weird. I honestly had forgotten all about you.

BoltsOwnU
07-03-2009, 08:11 PM

That's not surprising. That's like the NFL, and the rest of the world when it comes to the Raiders in general.

OaklandRaider
07-03-2009, 11:34 PM

Um thanks?:confused:

topscribe
07-04-2009, 12:50 PM
Well, we clean house.

You made some sense earlier, but the "felon" thing was a bit over the top . . .

-----

dogfish
07-13-2009, 02:28 AM
Well, we clean house.

so, you clean house, right?

guess that means you'll be getting rid of antonio cromartie and his "at least" five paternity suits over the past two years. . .

http://www3.signonsandiego.com/stories/2009/jul/12/1s12chargers01169/?chargers

yea. . . how much you wanna bet on it?

i've got a cool five hundred that says cromartie is on the sparklers roster in september. . .

and if you wanna play it like being a deadbeat dad doesn't make him a bum, don't make me dig up stuff you've posted about travis henry, 'cuz i'm pretty sure i know what i'll find. . . .

:welcome:

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 10:27 AM
I'd keep marshall over any athlete on the Chargers right now. Certainly over any WR they have. So why are we smacking with the Chargers over Marshall, when they don't have a good one on the team??

This "must have the clean guys" stuff is over rated. Personally.. I want the best players on the field, period. There isn't a team in history that has won with 'good guys' and not having their share of the thugs. I'd take a SB won with thugs than a losing season of 'pretty boys' any day of the week.... because thats the only way you are going to win a Super Bowl is by having your share of them on the team. Thats just reality.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 10:30 AM
Personally.. I want the best players on the field, period.

That's the key, isn't it...staying on the field...

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 10:40 AM
That's the key, isn't it...staying on the field...

how many games has he missed/????

This entire 'has to be a good guy' thing is overblown. I hea people posting "trade him away for a class act"... like who? Harrison? He was supposedly a class act and put up huge numbers... you going to tell me he wasn't 'classy' enough to be on our team?

The fact of the matter is simple. You will not find a GOOD team, where most of the good players don't have that same kind of mentality and backround. Marshall is no different. His talent is TOOOOO good to simply trade away so that we can "replace" him with some attempt at a 'class act.'

Marshall has a right to feel as if he's being underpaid...because he IS being underpaid. Look at the WRs on the team that are making as much as he is.

If we were drafting today from that same class, where do you think Marshall would go in the draft now, knowing what you know of the production in the NFL? Still 4th round?

No matter. I think the thought of trading him away sickens me.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 10:49 AM
how many games has he missed/????

This entire 'has to be a good guy' thing is overblown. I hea people posting "trade him away for a class act"... like who? Harrison? He was supposedly a class act and put up huge numbers... you going to tell me he wasn't 'classy' enough to be on our team?

The fact of the matter is simple. You will not find a GOOD team, where most of the good players don't have that same kind of mentality and backround. Marshall is no different. His talent is TOOOOO good to simply trade away so that we can "replace" him with some attempt at a 'class act.'

Marshall has a right to feel as if he's being underpaid...because he IS being underpaid. Look at the WRs on the team that are making as much as he is.

If we were drafting today from that same class, where do you think Marshall would go in the draft now, knowing what you know of the production in the NFL? Still 4th round?

No matter. I think the thought of trading him away sickens me.

First off...I'm not totally convinced, nor am I saying, that we should trade him. The issue, to me, is his contract and his holdout at this point. The guy is still facing a possible suspension, and can't seem to stay out of trouble which MIGHT lead to a lengthy suspension, this being his second run-in with Goodell's policy. I see no reason for the Broncos to pay the guy when they don't know yet if he's going to be playing. Marshall want's his contract before the trial, which is kind of suspicious to me, not to mention his lawyer has successfully backed up the trial to in-season. Maybe Marshall isn't as confident that he's not going to be tagged with the Battery charges than he says he is to ESPN?

Northman
07-13-2009, 10:57 AM
First off...I'm not totally convinced, nor am I saying, that we should trade him. The issue, to me, is his contract and his holdout at this point. The guy is still facing a possible suspension, and can't seem to stay out of trouble which MIGHT lead to a lengthy suspension, this being his second run-in with Goodell's policy. I see no reason for the Broncos to pay the guy when they don't know yet if he's going to be playing. Marshall want's his contract before the trial, which is kind of suspicious to me, not to mention his lawyer has successfully backed up the trial to in-season. Maybe Marshall isn't as confident that he's not going to be tagged with the Battery charges than he says he is to ESPN?

Yea, i think Ravage is confusing the whole getting into "a" incident (Rod Smith) and getting into 13 incidents. Having great players with occasional incidents is one thing. Having great players who cant stay out of trouble altogether is completely different.

OaklandRaider
07-13-2009, 11:05 AM
Either way, it's a lose lose situation for the broncos.

You give Marshall the long term contract - LMAO.

You trade him for a second round pick - LMAO.

You give him the long term deal, and he screws up one more time, and it's bye bye for Marshall. He is on a short leash.

You don't give Marshall a long term deal and trade him, then congratulations, you just traded away your best offensive playmaker. Jay Cutler and Marshall gone in one offseason? Yikes.

If the broncos choose to not do anything and sit on this Marshall situation and force him to come to camp when he clearly doesn't want to be there, then you have a distraction on your hands.

So really you can't win, and as a Raider fan, I am enjoying watching how your now dysfunctional franchise works. :coffee:

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 11:09 AM
Either way, it's a lose lose situation for the broncos.

You give Marshall the long term contract - LMAO.

You trade him for a second round pick - LMAO.

You give him the long term deal, and he screws up one more time, and it's bye bye for Marshall. He is on a short leash.

You don't give Marshall a long term deal and trade him, then congratulations, you just traded away your best offensive playmaker. Jay Cutler and Marshall gone in one offseason? Yikes.

If the broncos choose to not do anything and sit on this Marshall situation and force him to come to camp when he clearly doesn't want to be there, then you have a distraction on your hands.

So really you can't win, and as a Raider fan, I am enjoying watching how your now dysfunctional franchise works. :coffee:

Actually, the Broncos could choose to do nothing at this point, since if he sits out they won't owe him anything, actually I believe he will end up owing the Broncos...ask Lelie about that...

If I were management (and obviously, I'm not), I'd wait to do anything contract-wise until after his trial.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 11:12 AM

Maybe. All good points. I'm simply going by the few comments on this thread alone (well, not really on this thread alone). People want to 'trade off'.. or 'get rid' of simply anyone they deem as a 'bad egg'... and want to ignore the facts of the talent of the player. I've never seen Marshall for a moment be a bad teammate. If you want to try and include him holding out, well, that fits a LOT of players in the NFL. Holding out is the business part of the game, and we can't say its ok for the coaches to deal in the business part (picking up the phone) and then tell the players they have to be 'loyal' to their contracts. It goes both ways.

Does Marshall deserve a pay raise...yes, he does. Is it a risk considering a suspension.. yes. Do I think he will get suspended.. no, but I wouldn't say that with 100% certainty.

Coaches and GMs don't want to pay a player early because of injury. Thus a player wanting to get paid before one makes sense. Do both parties have points? Marshall isn't any different, than any other player, in that regards.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 11:16 AM
Its not "bye bye" to marshall. He's not going to get a life-time suspension. A long term contract is taking a chance. But I don't know if letting him go elsewhere is taking any less of a chance considering how hard it is to replace that kind of talent. Teams go for YEARS and years without that kind of WR presence on their team.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 11:17 AM
Its not "bye bye" to marshall. He's not going to get a life-time suspension. A long term contract is taking a chance. But I don't know if letting him go elsewhere is taking any less of a chance considering how hard it is to replace that kind of talent. Teams go for YEARS and years without that kind of WR presence on their team.

And Denver has the option to wait and see the results of that before paying him.

I would rather not trade him...personally, I'd let him sit and pout.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 11:19 AM
And Denver has the option to wait and see the results of that before paying him.

I would rather not trade him...personally, I'd let him sit and pout.

Then he can wait until game 10, come back.. and this year counts on his contract, and next year we do what? Let him walk to another team? If you don't think another team will take him because he sat out, I think you are underestimating.

MOtorboat
07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Then he can wait until game 10, come back.. and this year counts on his contract, and next year we do what? Let him walk to another team? If you don't think another team will take him because he sat out, I think you are underestimating.

Well, by that time we should know the results of the trial. If he's suspended for 8 games and doesn't finish the season with Denver, gets arrested another couple of times...maybe we should let him walk.

CoachChaz
07-13-2009, 11:22 AM
Here's how I see it. You sit with him and tell him...IF your trial goes well, then this is the contract you get. it will have clauses in it to protect the organization, but if you start acting like an adult, you wont have anything to worry about.

That makes it a win/win. If he is found guilty at his trial, he has ZERO leverage and if he refuses to agree to the clauses, then you trade him. His value will be higher at that point because of the not guilty deal at the trial. If he agrees, then you keep a stud receiver and dont lose money if/when he screws up again.

Seems to me that it's more likely that management is taking this approach much to the shagrin of blasphemous Raiders fans

Northman
07-13-2009, 11:25 AM
Here's how I see it. You sit with him and tell him...IF your trial goes well, then this is the contract you get. it will have clauses in it to protect the organization, but if you start acting like an adult, you wont have anything to worry about.

That makes it a win/win. If he is found guilty at his trial, he has ZERO leverage and if he refuses to agree to the clauses, then you trade him. His value will be higher at that point because of the not guilty deal at the trial. If he agrees, then you keep a stud receiver and dont lose money if/when he screws up again.

Seems to me that it's more likely that management is taking this approach much to the shagrin of blasphemous Raiders fans

Yep. Its really that simple.

CoachChaz
07-13-2009, 11:30 AM
Yep. Its really that simple.

I'd like to think so anyway.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 11:53 AM

Problem with that.. players don't believe those "if" promises anymore. How many playesr in the NFL have heard them and gotten screwed? Even Ian Gold in Denver claims he was promised a raise in Denver, got hurt, and ended up leaving for Tampa, with out the raise.

All that makes a very good sense on paper, but it doesn't take into account people wanting more than a 'promise' of future raises.

Not to mention, I think there are 'clauses' that aren't allowed in NFl contracts by the NFL players association. So I'm not sure they can do that.

CoachChaz
07-13-2009, 11:57 AM
Problem with that.. players don't believe those "if" promises anymore. How many playesr in the NFL have heard them and gotten screwed? Even Ian Gold in Denver claims he was promised a raise in Denver, got hurt, and ended up leaving for Tampa, with out the raise.

All that makes a very good sense on paper, but it doesn't take into account people wanting more than a 'promise' of future raises.

Not to mention, I think there are 'clauses' that aren't allowed in NFl contracts by the NFL players association. So I'm not sure they can do that.

Fair enough, but management can hold the same stance. They can give him a big contract only to see him continue to screw up. It works both ways. It just comes down to the investor protecting themselves.

Ravage!!!
07-13-2009, 12:00 PM
Fair enough, but management can hold the same stance. They can give him a big contract only to see him continue to screw up. It works both ways. It just comes down to the investor protecting themselves.

Absolutely. Its a gamble. Personally I would like to gamble on keeping the talent, I guess.

CoachChaz
07-13-2009, 12:06 PM
Absolutely. Its a gamble. Personally I would like to gamble on keeping the talent, I guess.

Yeah, but by definition, a gamble is playing the odds. In this scenario, Denver would be playing against the odds of Marshall screwing up again. Right now...those odds arent in their favor. And to be quite honest, I dont think it's a stretch to ask a player to agree to not act like a lawless thug in return for millions of dollars.

dogfish
07-13-2009, 05:07 PM
alright, let's get back to smacking the sparklers. . .

vincent jackson and his two DUIs-- class act!

BOU, i assume we can expect to see him cut loose any day now, right?

shawne merriman and his steroids-- class act!

luis castillo and his steroids-- class act!

yea, you stay classy, san diego. . . that organization is just bursting with class. . .

no. . . wrong. . . they're just like every other team in the league, and transgressions will be ignored if the player is good enough. . .

dogfish
07-13-2009, 05:08 PM

you've got a call-- irony on line three for ya. . . .

:lol::lol:

BoltsOwnU
07-16-2009, 06:14 PM
alright, let's get back to smacking the sparklers. . .

vincent jackson and his two DUIs-- class act!

BOU, i assume we can expect to see him cut loose any day now, right?

shawne merriman and his steroids-- class act!

luis castillo and his steroids-- class act!

yea, you stay classy, san diego. . . that organization is just bursting with class. . .

no. . . wrong. . . they're just like every other team in the league, and transgressions will be ignored if the player is good enough. . .

Castillo? Stepped up like man. Explained it, took responsibility, and offered to refund every cent of his signing money.

Merriman? One tainted test out of 20. Claimed a bad supplement. No one ever went out to say he was wrong. He took his lumps like a man.

VJ: One DUI, the other is pending.

As opposed to a whiny bitchass receiver that thinks he's better than he is, whines about getting traded, beats women. Now THAT is classy indeed. Signing Romo? Just add it to the history of digusting deadbeats whose wicked stink that permeates the Denver Broncos ALMOST to the depths of sewerdom that is the Raiders.

dogfish
07-16-2009, 07:17 PM
Castillo? Stepped up like man. Explained it, took responsibility, and offered to refund every cent of his signing money.

Merriman? One tainted test out of 20. Claimed a bad supplement. No one ever went out to say he was wrong. He took his lumps like a man.

VJ: One DUI, the other is pending.

As opposed to a whiny bitchass receiver that thinks he's better than he is, whines about getting traded, beats women. Now THAT is classy indeed. Signing Romo? Just add it to the history of digusting deadbeats whose wicked stink that permeates the Denver Broncos ALMOST to the depths of sewerdom that is the Raiders.

got an excuse for every transgression, huh?

:laugh:

"hey everybody, look over there!"

nice try. . . now answer my question, and let me know when the classy bolts are going to clean house and get rid of VJ. . .

if you think the sparklers are less willing than the next team to overlook character flaws if a guy can perform on the field, you're pulling the wool over your own eyes. . .

NorthernLights
07-17-2009, 02:36 PM
http://sports.espn.go.com/chicago/news/story?id=4336504

I'm sure this will show up as it's own thread, but I will put it here for now.

BoltsOwnU
07-17-2009, 05:16 PM
got an excuse for every transgression, huh?

:laugh:

"hey everybody, look over there!"

nice try. . . now answer my question, and let me know when the classy bolts are going to clean house and get rid of VJ. . .

if you think the sparklers are less willing than the next team to overlook character flaws if a guy can perform on the field, you're pulling the wool over your own eyes. . .

To be fair, there is speculation the team WILL jettison him rather than redo his contract if he's convicted and/or suspended by the NFL unless he really comes to God.

As for the rest, it's all fact, not excuse. Just like the fact that BM beats women and is a worthless POS off the field.

pumpdoc
08-28-2009, 11:17 PM
C-Ya Brandon.............time to cut the cancer out.

OaklandRaider
08-29-2009, 03:49 AM
Brandon Marshall is just the latest victim of the McDaniels regime.

The guy has been lied to by Pat Bowlen, he has your PR staff telling others players not to be happy for him that he won his court case, and now he gets suspended.

Wow. What a mess.

And it was a dumb move on Denver's part to suspend the guy, because he is clearly the best player on the team. Clearly. Midnight Blue even called the guy a "Top 5 WR" :lol:.....Even when Marshall comes back, he won't contribute because he still doesn't know the playbook.

Hopefully Marshall gets traded to a REAL team, not the D-League Wannabe Baby Patriots :coffee: