PDA

View Full Version : "That's a Clown Question, Bro"

OrangeHoof
06-13-2012, 03:02 PM
Bryce Harper may just be 19 but he already knows how to put stupid reporter questions in their place:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?feature=player_embedded&v=JzbhjzsyvGk

This seems to already be taking off. Just check #clownquestionbro.

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 06:24 PM
Was that a teammate that interjected, or that reporter standing to his left?

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 06:24 PM
And what an idiotic question.

Of course Bryce and his teammates had a beer afterwards.

BroncoWave
06-13-2012, 06:29 PM
And what an idiotic question.

Of course Bryce and his teammates had a beer afterwards.

He's mormon, he doesn't drink.

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 06:31 PM
He's mormon, he doesn't drink.

I know. I couldn't resist.

OrangeHoof
06-13-2012, 08:43 PM
It was a Nationals PR guy who was standing nearby and tried to deflect the question.

They should try asking the question to Josh Hamilton.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2012, 10:46 PM
Good grief, is it offensive to ask a guy what his favorite beer is? Is he insecure about being 19?

I thought Harper sounded like the clown.

BroncoWave
06-13-2012, 10:49 PM
Good grief, is it offensive to ask a guy what his favorite beer is? Is he insecure about being 19?

I thought Harper sounded like the clown.

Um, he was asking a 19 year old (and a famous one at that) to admit to the public that he breaks the law. And it's especially ignorant to ask since he's Mormon. That is in fact, a clown question. Even the media isn't defending the guy who asked that question. If the media is bashing the media guy and not the athlete that tells me all I need to know about the question.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-13-2012, 10:55 PM
Um, he was asking a 19 year old (and a famous one at that) to admit to the public that he breaks the law. And it's especially ignorant to ask since he's Mormon. That is in fact, a clown question. Even the media isn't defending the guy who asked that question. If the media is bashing the media guy and not the athlete that tells me all I need to know about the question.

Well, I only saw a youtube video. What do you mean the media is bashing him? Didn't he say, "you're in Canada"? Admitting you have a favorite beer isn't admitting you did something illegal.

BroncoWave
06-13-2012, 11:01 PM
Well, I only saw a youtube video. What do you mean the media is bashing him? Didn't he say, "you're in Canada"? Admitting you have a favorite beer isn't admitting you did something illegal.

The media is pretty much on Bryce Harper's side in this. All of the reporters on ESPN are bashing the Canadian reporter.

Also, if you're saying what your favorite beer is, you are admitting you drink, which is illegal at 19. That's not a question you ask a 19 year old.

OrangeHoof
06-14-2012, 11:58 AM
I just want to see if the phrase "clown question" takes off. I can see the use of the phrase in a variety of situations.