PDA

View Full Version : OTA Q&A – Elway, Part One

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2012, 10:05 AM
The Broncos are currently in the midst of their OTAs (organized team activities) in preparation for the 2012 season. The Broncos’ mini-camp this week caps the OTAs and will be the team’s final workouts before training camp begins in July.

Leading up to training camp, we’ll bring you some conversations that 850 KOA had with various members of the Broncos. Recently, 850 KOA had the chance to talk with Broncos’ Executive Vice President of Football Operations, John Elway (JE).

850 KOA: Are things quieting down a little before training camp starts?

JE: They are. Now that we’ve got Ty Warren re-done, which we’re excited about, we’re winding down. Mini-camp is (coming up). We had a good 10 OTAs (to) get everybody together, get everybody knowing each other and then finish with the mini-camp. From that point on, the players are done. The coaches and everybody will take some time off and get ready for camp.

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mrice/ota-qa-elway-part-one/

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 10:16 AM
is part deaux about the run game or special teams ?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-19-2012, 10:39 AM
The Broncos recently finished their OTAs (organized team activities) and now they are off until training camp begins in late July.

Leading up to training camp, we are bringing you a series of conversations 850 KOA has had with various Broncos personnel.

This time, part two with Broncos’ Executive Vice President John Elway (JE).

850 KOA: What do you think this offense will look like this season? Will it look like what Broncos fans saw when they watched the Colts? Will it be a combination of different personnel groups?

JE: I think there’s a misconception out there a little about Peyton in that they (the Colts) didn’t run the football in Indianapolis. When they were successful in Indianapolis, they ran the football. What we’re looking for is balance. When we won the championships back in the 90’s, we had balance. Willis McGahee had a great year last year. (Mario) Fannin, the young kid we signed as a free agent last year out of Auburn, is coming back off a knee injury in camp. (He) looks good. And then (Ronnie) Hillman, who we drafted in the third round, is a guy that has big-play ability. I think you’re still going to see good balance. I think the misconception is that Peyton throws the ball all the time but when they were winning and doing well, they were top 12 in the league in rushing.

rest - http://blog.denverbroncos.com/mrice/koa-qa-elway-part-two/

The Glue Factory
06-19-2012, 01:29 PM
The Broncos recently finished their OTAs (organized team activities) and now they are off until training camp begins in late July.

I just realized TC is just 4 short weeks away!
:elefant: :dancing: :marchmellow: :dancing: :elefant:

Superchop 7
06-19-2012, 01:57 PM
The plan is very sound, good job. I am concerned a bit at wideout, I still think a guy like Burress should be on the team and only see the field in red zone packages, he is such a mismatch that 8-10 TD's are almost a given.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 06:12 PM
manning will be throwing to more than just the wide-outs ! TEs and backs will see plenty of balls and be a vital part of this offense. sorry that no mention of the run game was made, sems like a total lack of consideration there at dove valley, I have a bad feeling regarding our broncos FOCUS !

Denver Native (Carol)
06-22-2012, 11:44 AM
I just realized TC is just 4 short weeks away!
:elefant: :dancing: :marchmellow: :dancing: :elefant:

from article:

Denver and San Diego begin practices on July 26. The Chiefs start July 27 and the Raiders start July 30. The teams report a day before practices start.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/45265/training-camp-start-dates-set