PDA

View Full Version : Projected Week 1 Starters

NorCalBronco7
06-12-2012, 11:25 PM
Its the spirit of training camp, Ive blessed you all with my what will be the starting roster of 2012. Enjoy.

Adams Carter

Williams Mays Miller

Porter Dumervil Wolfe Warren Ayers Bailey

Thomas Clady Beadles Walton Kuper Franklin Decker
Dressen Manning Tamme

McGahee

The only uncertianty is if Wolfe will be ready by the first game. Pretty much everyone else is a lock IMO.

And Woodyard will start at will if DJ loses his case.

bcbronc
06-13-2012, 12:57 AM
I wouldnt call Carter a lock. I'd give him a slight head start over Moore, but it's an open competition imo. Could very well be Adams plays all situations and Carter and Moore rotate situationally.

Also no way I say Warren is a lock. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the starter, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut out of camp. A lot of rust on the big man.

In the longer shot category, I don't see McGahee as a lock either. I think the plan will be to limit McGahee's touches a bit compared to last year, and Hillman will be given a chance to win the starting job. Or perhaps win the 1st down reps is a more accurate statement. There will be an official #1 on the depth chart, but I expect it will be true RBBC this season with Hillman, McGahee and Moreno all getting multiple touches per game.

Cugel
06-13-2012, 07:39 AM
BCBronk is right. There's a lot more uncertainty than you pointed out.

WEEK 1 - DEFENSE

LDE: *Ayers, backups: (*Wolfe, Hunter, or Malik Jackson, or Ben Garland )
LT: *Bannan (or Warren), backups: (Sealver Siliga, or Mitch Unrein)
RT: *Vickerson (or Warren), backups: *Wolfe
RDE: *Dumervil, backups: (Hunter, Wolfe, Jackson or Garland)

SLB: *Miller, (one of about 7 reserve LBs currently on roster, possibly Mike Muhammed)
MLB: *Joe Mays, (backups) Nate Irving
WLB: D.J. Williams? or *Wesley Woodyard

SS: *Quinton Carter or *Rahim Moore
FS: *Mike Adams, backups: Rahim Moore
CB: *Champ Bailey backups: (Drayton Florence, Bolden)
CB: *Terry Porter: (Drayton Florence, Bolden)
*indicates player WILL make the 53 man roster.
?Depends on whether D.J. Williams suspension is continued by the Court pending his lawsuit against the NFL.

Given the number of rookie LBs in camp one of them MIGHT replace Nate Irving as a backup to Joe Mays on the 53 man roster. His job isn't totally secure after his disappointing rookie year.

D.J. Williams could either start or not even make the roster if his legal troubles pile up (he's also facing another DUI trial later this Autumn).

Warren might start or not even make the roster. Depends on whether he's really motivated or whether he's just in it for "my family" (i.e. the $250,000 signing bonus he got).

After talking to Warren, Alfred Williams and DMAC on The Fan are arguing that Warren doesn't really have his head into football anymore and is just getting that last pay-day. We'll see.
Just to give you a start.

NorCalBronco7
06-13-2012, 03:18 PM
I wouldnt call Carter a lock. I'd give him a slight head start over Moore, but it's an open competition imo. Could very well be Adams plays all situations and Carter and Moore rotate situationally.

Also no way I say Warren is a lock. I wouldn't be shocked if he's the starter, but I also wouldn't be shocked if he gets cut out of camp. A lot of rust on the big man.

In the longer shot category, I don't see McGahee as a lock either. I think the plan will be to limit McGahee's touches a bit compared to last year, and Hillman will be given a chance to win the starting job. Or perhaps win the 1st down reps is a more accurate statement. There will be an official #1 on the depth chart, but I expect it will be true RBBC this season with Hillman, McGahee and Moreno all getting multiple touches per game.

If Adams could be a in the box safety from time to time, I could see Carter and Moore switching off at FS. But to my knowledge Adams has played FS his entire career. Carter can, and has played both postions, but Moore doesnt have the taclking abilities to play SS. If Moore is going to start this year, it will along side Carter, not Adams.

Id be shocked if Warren got cut. The Broncos are thin as it is at DT, why not at least give him a shot? Im pretty damn sure he makes the final roster, plus I think he has the best skillset and knowledge/experience of the postion to be the week 1 starter.

I agree Fox will employ his usual RBBC philosophy, and either Moreno or Hillman will have the 3rd down role. Not sure which one just yet, and Im leaning towards both getting action there. The backup running back will most likely be Knowshown IMO.

BCBronk is right. There's a lot more uncertainty than you pointed out.

WEEK 1 - DEFENSE

LDE: *Ayers, backups: (*Wolfe, Hunter, or Malik Jackson, or Ben Garland )
LT: *Bannan (or Warren), backups: (Sealver Siliga, or Mitch Unrein)
RT: *Vickerson (or Warren), backups: *Wolfe
RDE: *Dumervil, backups: (Hunter, Wolfe, Jackson or Garland)

SLB: *Miller, (one of about 7 reserve LBs currently on roster, possibly Mike Muhammed)
MLB: *Joe Mays, (backups) Nate Irving
WLB: D.J. Williams? or *Wesley Woodyard

SS: *Quinton Carter or *Rahim Moore
FS: *Mike Adams, backups: Rahim Moore
CB: *Champ Bailey backups: (Drayton Florence, Bolden)
CB: *Terry Porter: (Drayton Florence, Bolden)
*indicates player WILL make the 53 man roster.
?Depends on whether D.J. Williams suspension is continued by the Court pending his lawsuit against the NFL.

Given the number of rookie LBs in camp one of them MIGHT replace Nate Irving as a backup to Joe Mays on the 53 man roster. His job isn't totally secure after his disappointing rookie year.

D.J. Williams could either start or not even make the roster if his legal troubles pile up (he's also facing another DUI trial later this Autumn).

Warren might start or not even make the roster. Depends on whether he's really motivated or whether he's just in it for "my family" (i.e. the $250,000 signing bonus he got).

After talking to Warren, Alfred Williams and DMAC on The Fan are arguing that Warren doesn't really have his head into football anymore and is just getting that last pay-day. We'll see.
Just to give you a start.

I just dont see Moore ever starting at SS with his little ass body. Sure, hes stregthened up a bit this offseason, but theres just no way hes physical enough to be a SS. Carter will win that postion by a land slid. The only battle at safety is Adams/Moore IMO, and Moore has a lot to learn before he takes over as starting role. Im rooting for him, but I dont think hes ready.

The way I look at Wolfe is hes a high draft pick in a postion of need, and its his job to lose. He provides and interior pass rush that the Broncos desperately need. I could see the Broncos going with somebody else at UT and plugging in a fresher Wolfe on 2nd, 3rd down to utilize his stregth. But I really dont believe the Broncos would have drafted him at 36 if they didnt think he could come in a play every down. Fox will give him evey chance to not be the starter, and I cant see Bannan, or any other player besides Warren taking his spot at UT.

Cugel
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
If Adams could be a in the box safety from time to time, I could see Carter and Moore switching off at FS. But to my knowledge Adams has played FS his entire career. Carter can, and has played both postions, but Moore doesnt have the taclking abilities to play SS. If Moore is going to start this year, it will along side Carter, not Adams.

Id be shocked if Warren got cut. The Broncos are thin as it is at DT, why not at least give him a shot? Im pretty damn sure he makes the final roster, plus I think he has the best skillset and knowledge/experience of the postion to be the week 1 starter.

I agree Fox will employ his usual RBBC philosophy, and either Moreno or Hillman will have the 3rd down role. Not sure which one just yet, and Im leaning towards both getting action there. The backup running back will most likely be Knowshown IMO.

I just dont see Moore ever starting at SS with his little ass body. Sure, hes strengthened up a bit this offseason, but theres just no way hes physical enough to be a SS. Carter will win that position by a land slid. The only battle at safety is Adams/Moore IMO, and Moore has a lot to learn before he takes over as starting role. Im rooting for him, but I dont think hes ready.

The way I look at Wolfe is hes a high draft pick in a position of need, and its his job to lose. He provides and interior pass rush that the Broncos desperately need. I could see the Broncos going with somebody else at UT and plugging in a fresher Wolfe on 2nd, 3rd down to utilize his stregth. But I really dont believe the Broncos would have drafted him at 36 if they didnt think he could come in a play every down. Fox will give him every chance to not be the starter, and I cant see Bannan, or any other player besides Warren taking his spot at UT.

I agree that Moore probably doesn't start at SS. That's not his strength. But, they are altering the safeties, as Moore pointed out, and they're not necessarily looking for another John Lynch at SS. They need a guy who can cover WRs down the field more than a guy who can come up in run support. At least on certain downs.

As for Moore starting over Adams, how many freakin' times do I have to say this? NO WAY!

Adams is the starter. Period. They paid him $4 million to come in and start. That's starter money. Moore is not going to take his job, at least not this off-season.

They WILL evaluate Moore over next off-season and see if he's improved enough to start at FS in which case Adams could be expendable. In that case he'd be asked to take a pay-cut or be traded/released.

Krugan
06-13-2012, 03:49 PM
Dj has a 6 game suspension sitting there, so not sure why anyone is calling him week one anything...

NorCalBronco7
06-13-2012, 04:00 PM
I agree that Moore probably doesn't start at SS. That's not his strength. But, they are altering the safeties, as Moore pointed out, and they're not necessarily looking for another John Lynch at SS. They need a guy who can cover WRs down the field more than a guy who can come up in run support. At least on certain downs.

As for Moore starting over Adams, how many freakin' times do I have to say this? NO WAY!

Adams is the starter. Period. They paid him $4 million to come in and start. That's starter money. Moore is not going to take his job, at least not this off-season.

They WILL evaluate Moore over next off-season and see if he's improved enough to start at FS in which case Adams could be expendable. In that case he'd be asked to take a pay-cut or be traded/released.

Completely agree, no way Moore starts over Adams. And Moore isnt gonna start over Carter at SS, so.......hes a backup.

It really doesnt mean anything to me that Moore has been in the rotation in otas and the beginining of tc. Projecting starters based that way, especially with the younger players, is completely useless. The Broncos PR department is going hard to make every compettiion seem close, because every guy has a shot. Thats of course true, but having a 50% chance of starting and a 2% chance is still a chance. Only we can measure that right now, because the Broncos sure as hell wont give us fans, and the raiders, their honest opinion on where the competions stand (unless perhaps its extremely obvious). Its up to us, in the mist of constant misdirection around this time, to assume players are going to start because we think there good enough, not because young players get 1st teams reps because the coach feels the young guy needs to get his feet wet, or possibly gain some confidence.

But other than the DTs, everyone is a lock to start. You dont see that?

NorCalBronco7
06-13-2012, 04:04 PM
Dj has a 6 game suspension sitting there, so not sure why anyone is calling him week one anything...

Dj is appealing the matter. Thats why.

Everyone knows its gonna be Woodyard filling in, unless on of the young guys blow the coaching staff away.

xzn
06-13-2012, 08:22 PM
Danny Trevathan http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20843798/broncos-rookie-lb-danny-trevathan-works-starters-at was the first rookie to get first team reps (in nickle).

Krugan
06-13-2012, 08:46 PM
it may get REDUCED, but highly unlikely it will get dropped.

Just being realistic that he wont be there week 1. So brining his name into anything doesnt seem to fit.

NorCalBronco7
06-13-2012, 11:57 PM
it may get REDUCED, but highly unlikely it will get dropped.

Just being realistic that he wont be there week 1. So brining his name into anything doesnt seem to fit.

Id bet your right, but I stuck DJ in there anyways. There is a chance he wins the case, and Ill hold onto to that hope until the courts figure it all out.

If thats all you disagree with, then I did a pretty damn good job.

Traveler
06-14-2012, 11:16 AM
Completely agree, no way Moore starts over Adams. And Moore isnt gonna start over Carter at SS, so.......hes a backup.

It really doesnt mean anything to me that Moore has been in the rotation in otas and the beginining of tc. Projecting starters based that way, especially with the younger players, is completely useless. The Broncos PR department is going hard to make every compettiion seem close, because every guy has a shot. Thats of course true, but having a 50% chance of starting and a 2% chance is still a chance. Only we can measure that right now, because the Broncos sure as hell wont give us fans, and the raiders, their honest opinion on where the competions stand (unless perhaps its extremely obvious). Its up to us, in the mist of constant misdirection around this time, to assume players are going to start because we think there good enough, not because young players get 1st teams reps because the coach feels the young guy needs to get his feet wet, or possibly gain some confidence.

But other than the DTs, everyone is a lock to start. You dont see that?

Did I miss something? Isn't Adams replacing Dawkins as the in the box SS. That would leave Moore & Carter to fight it out for the FS spot. No?

NightTerror218
06-14-2012, 11:18 AM
I am not sure Wolfe will start. It might be Vickerson/Warren on game one. With Wolfe coming in on rotations for passing downs.

NightTerror218
06-14-2012, 02:23 PM
I think Eric Page an Omar Bolden will be our return guys. I am not sure if Squid can beat both of them out to make roster spot as returner.

Jsteve01
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
Did I miss something? Isn't Adams replacing Dawkins as the in the box SS. That would leave Moore & Carter to fight it out for the FS spot. No?

I've been meaning to address this as I see a lot of the SS/FS discussion going on out there. In today's nfl the two are interchangeable. You'll see fewer and fewer in the box type safeties as the passing game continues to gain prominence. Now if you've got a Dawkins who in his prime could cover any TE in the league and mash in the running game as well, all the better, but as to your original question I highly doubt we'll see Adams spend much time in the box. He's a huge asset in the passing game.

Jsteve01
06-14-2012, 03:51 PM
I think Eric Page an Omar Bolden will be our return guys. I am not sure if Squid can beat both of them out to make roster spot as returner.

don't write Judie off. He's bigger and faster than either of them.

NightTerror218
06-14-2012, 03:59 PM
don't write Judie off. He's bigger and faster than either of them.

it will either be Judie or Page. But Page has been talked about for his return skills.

MOtorboat
06-14-2012, 06:42 PM
Didn't Judie return at A&M?

NightTerror218
06-14-2012, 07:19 PM
Eric page had a small article about his return game as being chance to make team

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20850495/eric-pages-chance-crack-denvers-roster-lies-his

Page is 2 inches smaller and 4 pounds lighter then Judie. What are their 40 times?

Traveler
06-15-2012, 08:12 AM
I've been meaning to address this as I see a lot of the SS/FS discussion going on out there. In today's nfl the two are interchangeable. You'll see fewer and fewer in the box type safeties as the passing game continues to gain prominence. Now if you've got a Dawkins who in his prime could cover any TE in the league and mash in the running game as well, all the better, but as to your original question I highly doubt we'll see Adams spend much time in the box. He's a huge asset in the passing game.

Not knowing much about Adams other than what I've read, my assumption was he was brought in because he can both mash in the running game and be a huge asset in the passing game. The latter being something for which Dawkins was truly a liability once he became a member of the team.

Jsteve01
06-15-2012, 09:04 AM
he's just not big and physical enough to spend a lot of time in the box. Not saying he's not a good tackler but his skills are more suited to the passing game.

Jsteve01
06-15-2012, 09:05 AM
Didn't Judie return at A&M?

yes he did. Here's the problem for Judie. Page is probably better in the punt game and Judie in the kr game. We have more depth at CB than wr so that may be the difference. I love Page as a PR because of his all world short area quickness but he's not a straight line speed guy.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-15-2012, 09:53 AM
I think Manning is gonna win the QB competition.

Traveler
06-15-2012, 10:33 AM
I think Manning is gonna win the QB competition.

Fo real doe!