PDA

View Full Version : Safety or Monster Back-Atwater?

horsepig
06-15-2009, 08:43 PM
OK Atwater fans, this is one more chance to let'em know!

First, QB throws a 20 yard out on a rope, Atwater jumps real high, catches the ball just like every Jr. High coach in the U.S. taught us! Two hands like a web.

The Okoye knockout.

Couldn't catch a beachball with a bushel bsket. Knocks out half our secondary on the most imp[ortant play in team history, after dropping an INT that was a lot like catching a high school punt.

One of the toughest strong safeties I've ever seen. A great guy in the locker room, of the field too.

#27 should probably be retire3d by the team. Everytime I see #27 I just go-"Oh, S***!".

Any other Razorbacks? Yeah, Peyton Hillis.

horsepig
06-15-2009, 08:46 PM
It's the offseason folks, forget Cutler, Marshall, etc... Thread should probably in the old timers category, so what.

Zweems56
06-15-2009, 08:47 PM
OK Atwater fans, this is one more chance to let'em know!

First, QB throws a 20 yard out on a rope, Atwater jumps real high, catches the ball just like every Jr. High coach in the U.S. taught us! Two hands like a web.

The Okoye knockout.

Couldn't catch a beachball with a bushel bsket. Knocks out half our secondary on the most imp[ortant play in team history, after dropping an INT that was a lot like catching a high school punt.

One of the toughest strong safeties I've ever seen. A great guy in the locker room, of the field too.

#27 should probably be retire3d by the team. Everytime I see #27 I just go-"Oh, S***!".

Any other Razorbacks? Yeah, Peyton Hillis.

Mr. Madison, what you've just said is one of the most insanely idiotic things I have ever heard. At no point in your rambling, incoherent response were you even close to anything that could be considered a rational thought. Everyone in this room is now dumber for having listened to it. I award you no points, and may God have mercy on your soul.

topscribe
06-15-2009, 08:53 PM
Actually, it probably makes a bit more sense than some of the Cutler/Orton
threads I have seen on multiple boards . . .

-----

Shazam!
06-15-2009, 09:07 PM
Point is taken. Steve Atwater is one of the most unappreciated Safeties in NFL history and begrudged because he wore blue and orange. He brought the wood like anybody. One of my favorite all time Broncos.

#27 retired though? I don't know about that.

HoF? Yes.

horsepig
06-15-2009, 09:16 PM
Just like Elway, #27 made some really bad plays but, over all he was one of the toughest hitters, smartest ST's ever, period!