PDA

View Full Version : Manning marches toward game action

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2012, 07:53 PM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Tuesday marked another milestone in the reconstruction of Peyton Manning.

As he led his new team through the first day of a mandatory minicamp Tuesday on a majestic day in the Rockies, Manning took another positive step toward getting back on the field for the first time since January 2011.

Manning is 58 days away from the preseason opener at Chicago. It will be one of the most anticipated preseason performances in recent NFL memory.

All systems go. The Broncos have no plans of holding back Manning in preseason, despite the four neck procedures that forced him to miss the entire 2011 season. John Fox, starting his 11th season as an NFL head coach, said he plans to use Manning as he always has with his starting quarterbacks in the preseason. Manning will play a series or two in Chicago, will likely play into the second quarter in the second preseason game, and will likely play into the third quarter in the third preseason game. He will likely take the finale off to prepare for Denver’s season opener against Pittsburgh on Sept. 9.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44897/manning-marches-toward-game-action

SR
06-12-2012, 08:37 PM
Excellent

broncobryce
06-12-2012, 08:44 PM
What a circus. I'm outraged.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2012, 08:48 PM
Decided to put this article here also, since it is also by Williamson, in regards to today's OTAs

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Here are some remaining thoughts from my day at Denver’s minicamp, where Peyton Manning was the star attraction:

I thought Denver coach John Fox nicely handled the situation revolving linebacker D.J. Williams tweeting photos of the team’s playbook. Fox called it a “mishap” and said the situation was addressed. The tweeted plays really didn’t compromise the Broncos, so the team isn’t overly upset. Yet I’m sure it was made clear to Williams and the rest of the team that similar tweets will be prohibited in the future.

It will be interesting to see the Broncos’ safety situation develop in camp. Veteran Mike Adams looks like a solid player and second-year players, Quinton Carter and Rahim Moore will also be in the mix. If Carter and Moore continue to develop, it could be a good group.

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44925/wrapping-up-denvers-day

BroncoWave
06-12-2012, 09:10 PM
Wow, can't believe the preseason is less than 2 months away. It can't get here fast enough.

Northman
06-13-2012, 05:02 AM
What a circus. I'm outraged.

Poor guy.