PDA

View Full Version : I'm back.... what do you want for Marshall?

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:06 PM
Obviously we couldn't get Jay Cutler from you, I'm pretty damn happy with Mark Sanchez, but how about Brandon Marshall. WR is clearly our weakest position.

What would it take?

UnderArmour
06-15-2009, 07:07 PM
Mark Sanchez and next year's first.

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:08 PM
mark sanchez and next year's first.

lol

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:09 PM
Next years 1st and 3rd round pick?

MOtorboat
06-15-2009, 07:10 PM
Kris Jenkins and at least a second.

LRtagger
06-15-2009, 07:11 PM
LMAO

next year's 1st and Gholston.

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:15 PM
I'd probably give up Gholston and a 1st, but I doubt Coach Ryan wants to touch his defense.

jrelway
06-15-2009, 07:20 PM
your mother.. jk

topscribe
06-15-2009, 07:24 PM
Kris Jenkins and at least a second.

At this point, maybe Kris Jenkins and an 18-pack of beer . . . any brand . . .

-----

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
your mother.. jk

Hey, I would be upset to If I was a Broncos fan, McDaniels has been a disaster, and it's only June, just another one of Belichicks ball boys who's way over his head, Jets fan know all about that.

WARHORSE
06-15-2009, 07:26 PM
Obviously we couldn't get Jay Cutler from you, I'm pretty damn happy with Mark Sanchez, but how about Brandon Marshall. WR is clearly our weakest position.

What would it take?

Id say give us Jenkins, and first next year and a third.

MOtorboat
06-15-2009, 07:27 PM

-----

No way, I'd send the beer with Marshall so he could beat the shit out of his fiance and they'd be stuck with getting nothing for Kris Jenkins.

BWAHAHAHAHAHAHA

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 07:28 PM
Id say give us Jenkins, and first next year and a third.

Keep dreaming.

A perennial All-Pro/Pro Bowl DT (a lot harder to find than a WR), and a 1st and 3rd rounder.....

HA!

WARHORSE
06-15-2009, 07:29 PM
Hey, I would be upset to If I was a Broncos fan, McDaniels has been a disaster, and it's only June, just another one of Belichicks ball boys who's way over his head, Jets fan know all about that.

Personally, I dont think McD is gonna be in that mold.

And McD has nothing to do with this one. This one is on Brandon.

McD has been good with Brandon up until this point.

horsepig
06-15-2009, 08:05 PM

-----

Even warm Black Label?

dogfish
06-15-2009, 08:07 PM
first round pick and a ham sammich. . . .

horsepig
06-15-2009, 08:08 PM
Keep dreaming.

A perennial All-Pro/Pro Bowl DT (a lot harder to find than a WR), and a 1st and 3rd rounder.....

HA!

Oh, come on Jets, big fatso DT's are everywhere. Just ask Robinson.

BroncoTech
06-15-2009, 08:10 PM
A long snapper and that guy that retrieves the tee after kickoffs.

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 08:27 PM
1st and 4th or 3rd round pick...

topscribe
06-15-2009, 08:29 PM
Keep dreaming.

HA!

Okay, you give us Jenkins and a third, and we'll give you the 18-pack with Marshall.

What the hell . . . we'll throw in an erotic massage by Kory Lichensteiger . . .

-----

OrangeHoof
06-15-2009, 11:06 PM
I'd be happy with Revis or Gholston straight up, forget the picks.

JetsFanNYC
06-15-2009, 11:22 PM
I'd be happy with Revis or Gholston straight up, forget the picks.

You can keep Marshall, Revis isn't going anywhere.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-15-2009, 11:24 PM
First and a third is what I'd like. I'd take less.

Buff
06-15-2009, 11:55 PM
Okay, you give us Jenkins and a third, and we'll give you the 18-pack with Marshall.

What the hell . . . we'll throw in an erotic massage by Kory Lichensteiger . . .

-----

/thread. This is our final offer.

Elevation inc
06-16-2009, 01:40 AM
Give us next years 1st rd pick and Demetrius Williams

Give us next years 2nd and 3rd rd picks plus Ernie wheelright

i love brandon to death and he is a loss if this teams trades him, but with Derrick mason recovering from labrum surgery and some of your other recievers only good as a 2 or 3 WR you all need a Number 1 ASAP so i bet we could get either done.

our best bet however is to make brandon sit like cincy did with chad, and i belive thats what we will do, but if we had to trade i think we would look at something like the above. i doubt baltimore parts with any player from there defense, period!!!

and on a side note brandons value is very low so if he does get traded becasue we decide to part with the distraction, people need to be prepared for the trade to seem unfair from denvers standpoint....he is popping red flags like a MO fo and most GM's other than perhaps ours would certainly hestitate before pulling the trigger....

SoCalImport
06-16-2009, 03:11 AM
For Brandon Marshall? I want a new agent, and a paradigm shift in his view on personal responsibility.

Short of that though. I'd take a 1st and a 3th (never happen)

JKcatch724
06-16-2009, 04:42 AM
How bout this.... I'll give you Brandon Marshall if you G... T... F.... O.

Thanks.

Love, JKcatch.

CoachChaz
06-16-2009, 06:40 AM

Interesting...i seem to remember Jets fans EVERYWHERE swinging from Mangini's scrotum during his first year in NY

CoachChaz
06-16-2009, 06:43 AM
Why is such a value placed on WR's? The best in the game get what...3, maybe 4 100 yard games a season. Add to the fact that Royal will see the majority of balls in this offense and Marshall's value is nowhere near what it's played out to be by most fans.

Nomad
06-16-2009, 07:25 AM
Why would any team give up a first and a key player for Marshall when the BRONCOS are hesitant to give him what he wants especially with all of his issues??

LRtagger
06-16-2009, 08:00 AM
Why would any team give up a first and a key player for Marshall when the BRONCOS are hesitant to give him what he wants especially with all of his issues??

because we are blessed with 2 other very good receivers and a 3rd that is pretty good, too. Teams that have no options at WR are more likely to take a risk on him. We are not desperate to sign him. It's a bigger risk for us than for teams like Balt, NYJ, Chi, Tenn, etc.

Nomad
06-16-2009, 08:05 AM
because we are blessed with 2 other very good receivers and a 3rd that is pretty good, too. Teams that have no options at WR are more likely to take a risk on him. We are not desperate to sign him. It's a bigger risk for us than for teams like Balt, NYJ, Chi, Tenn, etc.

I understand this, but would a team be that desperate to sign a guy who is one arrest from an 8 game suspensions or one solid hit from going on IR. I guess if they want to take that risk, but he's not worth it until he can prove his worth from now and moving forward. He did good last year but his actions nullifies that IMO!

JetsFanNYC
06-16-2009, 11:04 PM
1st and 3rd round pick for Marshall.

QB- Mark Sanchez, Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge

RB/FB- Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Shonn Greene, Tony Richardson

WR- Brandon Marshall, Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney, Chansi Stuckey

TE- Dustin Keller, Bubba Franks

OL- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, Damien Woody

DL- Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, Marques Douglas, Sione Pouha

LB- Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, Bryan Thomas

DB- Darrelle Revis, Kerry Rhodes, Jim Leonhard, Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery, Eric Smith

That would be a Super Bowl contender.

slim
06-16-2009, 11:06 PM
1st and 3rd round pick for marshall.

Qb- mark sanchez, kellen clemens, erik ainge

rb/fb- thomas jones, leon washington, shonn greene, tony richardson

wr- brandon marshall, jerricho cotchery, david clowney, chansi stuckey

te- dustin keller, bubba franks

ol- d'brickashaw ferguson, alan faneca, nick mangold, brandon moore, damien woody

dl- kris jenkins, shaun ellis, marques douglas, sione pouha

lb- calvin pace, bart scott, david harris, vernon gholston, bryan thomas

db- darrelle revis, kerry rhodes, jim leonhard, lito sheppard, dwight lowery, eric smith

that would be a super bowl contender.

lol...

lex
06-16-2009, 11:15 PM
1st and 3rd round pick for Marshall.

QB- Mark Sanchez, Kellen Clemens, Erik Ainge

RB/FB- Thomas Jones, Leon Washington, Shonn Greene, Tony Richardson

WR- Brandon Marshall, Jerricho Cotchery, David Clowney, Chansi Stuckey

TE- Dustin Keller, Bubba Franks

OL- D'Brickashaw Ferguson, Alan Faneca, Nick Mangold, Brandon Moore, Damien Woody

DL- Kris Jenkins, Shaun Ellis, Marques Douglas, Sione Pouha

LB- Calvin Pace, Bart Scott, David Harris, Vernon Gholston, Bryan Thomas

DB- Darrelle Revis, Kerry Rhodes, Jim Leonhard, Lito Sheppard, Dwight Lowery, Eric Smith

That would be a Super Bowl contender.

Brandon Lloyd and Chanci Stuckey straight up?

claymore
09-02-2009, 07:17 AM
Report: Jets considering Brandon Marshall trade
Posted by Mike Florio on September 2, 2009 7:47 AM ET
We recently wrote that, based on various rumors we've been hearing, we believe that the Broncos are talking to a small handful of teams regarding a trade for receiver Brandon Marshall.

According to Bob Glauber of Newsday, one of those teams is the New York Jets.

Per Glauber, the Jets are "seriously considering" the possibility of doing a deal for the guy who, one week ago today, was practicing his punting.

And it's no surprise. G.M. Mike Tannenbaum surely realizes that he narrowly avoided getting the Mangini treatment in January, and Tannenbaum surely is smart enough to realize that another season of unfulfilled expectations could get him a lot closer to the chopping block (but yet not smart enough to avoid Marshall like a hot dog topped off with chili, onions, and swine flu).

With receiver Laveranues Coles gone and not yet replaced (unless Chansi Stuckey is the real deal), the Jets need someone who can help Tannenbaum's prior 2009 big risk -- rookie quarterback Mark Sanchez -- look good by getting open and catching the ball.

So, yeah, it wouldn't be a surprise if the Jets make a move that other teams would likely avoid, given Marshall's various warts and flaws and questions marks. From Tannenbaum's perspective, Marshall needs to play hard and keep it together only for the coming season. The Jets can worry about whether Marshall will be a good long-term fit in 2010.

At a minimum, look for the Jets to do something, whether it's a trade with the Eagles, a scan of the Saturday cut list, or, at a minimum, giving Amani Toomer a tire kicking.
Lets do it.

broncofaninfla
09-02-2009, 09:41 AM
Kellen Clemons and next years first round pick