PDA

View Full Version : Derek Wolfe will be at Broncos minicamp, Matt Prater probably won’t

DenBronx
06-12-2012, 11:42 AM
The University of Cincinnati finally finished on Saturday and that means Broncos defensive tackle Derek Wolfe can finally get started.

Wolfe, the Broncos’ highest draft pick this year, hasn’t been with the team since the end of rookie minicamp because of the NFL rule that bars rookies from practicing until their colleges have closed up shop for the semester. They had graduation in Cincinnati over the weekend, so Wolfe is now in Denver for the start of Broncos minicamp. Wolfe feels ready to go physically, but he does have concerns about his knowledge of the defense.

READ FULL ARTICLE:
http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/12/derek-wolfe-will-be-at-broncos-minicamp-matt-prater-probably-wont/

slim
06-12-2012, 11:50 AM
The rule that kept him out is dumber than DJ.

He didn't even graduate, so why does he need to wait?

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 11:53 AM
Finally, time to show what he can do. Hope he can impress.

SoCalImport
06-12-2012, 12:00 PM
I don't have inflated expectations for Wolfe this year. I just hope he can contribute. Dude obviously has a nose for the football if he can hold up against NFL linemen then I definitely see him making running on our D less inviting for opposing Offenses.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 12:02 PM
I don't have inflated expectations for Wolfe this year. I just hope he can contribute. Dude obviously has a nose for the football if he can hold up against NFL linemen then I definitely see him making running on our D less inviting for opposing Offenses.

He is going to be a penetrating DT, he is going to stop the QB from stepping up and adding some pressure. Ty Warren is going to be the run stuffer and Vickerson.

TXBRONC
06-12-2012, 12:11 PM
If we can get something similar out of Wolfe that the Bills got out of Dareus our defense will take another huge step forward.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2012, 12:25 PM
Derek Wolfe was given a three-week free pass.

He didn't have to endure the drudgery of the Broncos' offseason practices. He wasn't asked to take copious notes during those boring position meetings. He didn't have to wake up early or stay late at the team's Dove Valley headquarters.

Wolfe even got handsomely paid during his sabbatical, receiving a contract that paid him a $2.27 million signing bonus.

He was free, rich — and absolutely miserable.

"It was frustrating," Wolfe said. "Frustrating to get behind like that."

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20835877/derek-wolfe-eager-get-his-nfl-career-started

BroncoWave
06-12-2012, 12:30 PM
Well luckily Prater is a kicker so it's not like he's really missing anything. Just get him signed by week 1 and we'll be ok.

MileHighCrew
06-12-2012, 12:44 PM
If we can get something similar out of Wolfe that the Bills got out of Dareus our defense will take another huge step forward.

That is a huge expectation for a 2nd rounder to do the same thing as the 3rd over all pick. I just hope he is productive and gets better as the season goes on.