PDA

View Full Version : Expect Moreno to start right away in Denver

MOtorboat
06-15-2009, 03:49 PM
http://myespn.go.com/blogs/afcwest/0-3-2336/Expect-Moreno-to-start-right-away-in-Denver.html

Expect Moreno to start right away in Denver

June 15, 2009 4:30 PM

Posted by ESPN.com's Bill Williamson

There has been a lot of talk lately that rookie Knowshon Moreno will be Denver's starting tailback this season.

My thoughts? Of course he'll start.

New Denver coach Josh McDaniels wants to center his offense around Moreno, who was taken with the No. 12 overall pick. McDaniels believes Moreno is a three-down back who can also help as a receiver and as a blocker.

Moreno is going to be unleashed and he's going to be unleashed early. Tailback is perhaps the easiest position in the NFL for a rookie to flourish at. Over the years, several rookies have been dominant runners.

That's what Denver wants from Moreno. There were indications of Moreno's importance to the offense at Denver's minicamp during the weekend.

Don't be shocked; Moreno will be the guy this year in Denver barring an unforeseen development.

MOtorboat
06-15-2009, 03:50 PM
Williamson's blog stemmed from this tidbit from their rumor section:

Moreno impresses in minicamp
One of two first round picks by the Denver Broncos in the 2009 draft, running back Knowshon Moreno, has impressed coaches and veterans during mandatory minicamp, according to The Denver Post.

"I like the kid. He can catch good, he's got good foot quickness," Correll Buckhalter told the Post. "I think he's going to be a heck of a player in this league." Indications point to Moreno becoming the team's starter in 2009, with Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan as the backups.

Also, the Post reports that the other first round pick, Robert Ayers, a d-end in college, has been suiting up as a linebacker, and has been working on ball skills. Good signs thus far: Ayers intercepted a Kyle Orton pass during an 11-on-11 drill.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-15-2009, 03:51 PM
Bill, I didn't see this one coming at all.

lex
06-15-2009, 04:01 PM
Its hard not to think that he wont play a lot even if he doesnt start right away. Williamson is going out on a little bit of a limb but not much of one.

SoCalImport
06-15-2009, 04:19 PM
A dominant run game is exactly what the doctor ordered. Lets do it.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-15-2009, 04:22 PM
Knowshon Moreno will be the greatest to ever play the game.

underrated29
06-15-2009, 04:35 PM
Why was there ever doubt. We all knew Knowshon would start from day 1.

The kid is just insanely good. He is dripping with skill.

We saw him at Lodos and my friend shooked his hand (true story) later that night my friend was running wild, jumping over cars, juking the crap out of rabbits and catching flies with chopsticks.

Knowshon is THAT good!!!!

(ok that part isnt true, but did see him at lodos)

horsepig
06-15-2009, 08:23 PM
Catching flies with chopsticks? Is he like 6-3 with shoulders like Atwater?

underrated29
06-15-2009, 08:34 PM
For that brief period of time he was. Then he went back to his normal size.

I'm telling ya. Knowshon is just dripping with skill. I wouldnt be surprsed if they try to harvest his swet and put it in sport drinks.

dogfish
06-15-2009, 08:54 PM
Bill, I didn't see this one coming at all.

no shit!

:lol:

we damn well better not have spent the #12 pick on the guy to not have him start. . . . RBs don't get better with age. . . .

scott.475
06-15-2009, 09:00 PM
For that brief period of time he was. Then he went back to his normal size.

I'm telling ya. Knowshon is just dripping with skill. I wouldnt be surprsed if they try to harvest his swet and put it in sport drinks.

I'm not much for sports drinks, maybe they will put it in deodorant or soap?

I can't wait for my new pair of Moreno shoes, I really need to be able to run faster and jump higher!

broncogirl7
06-15-2009, 10:21 PM
Moreno is the one bright spot that keeps me hanging on after this horrendous off-season.

lex
06-15-2009, 10:32 PM
I'm not much for sports drinks, maybe they will put it in deodorant or soap?

I can't wait for my new pair of Moreno shoes, I really need to be able to run faster and jump higher!

Before they do that, they need to know his pit type.