PDA

View Full Version : Manny Pacquiao

Davii
06-10-2012, 02:40 AM
Manny Pacquiao was robbed. He did not lose that fight. Boxing just lost even more credibility.

EMB6903
06-10-2012, 08:23 AM
I left champps last night right as the fight ended, I didn't even stay to watch the decision as I knew it was obvious manny had clearly won.

There was 2 rounds I would give to bradley the entire fight (9,11) Manny dominated that fight.

This is another controversy created by top rank...

It's really sad what boxing has come down to.

pnbronco
06-10-2012, 11:18 AM
Manny Pacquiao was robbed. He did not lose that fight. Boxing just lost even more credibility.

I didn't watch the match, hockey was on. However Oscar De La Hoya and Dana White are so upset on twitter. Dana is really calling out the Nevada state athletic commission. It's too bad boxing use to be a top tier sport.

Dzone
06-10-2012, 01:52 PM
Used to love this sport. Sad what has become of it.

underrated29
06-10-2012, 02:32 PM
I didn't see but all I have heard from everyone and I mean everyone was that the fight was fixed. So far as Bradley said after the game "man I could never beat that guy"---or something along those lines

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 04:21 PM
saw the fight,
I felt bradley had a chance going into it.
felt bradly won the second round and then maybe the 11th and possibly one or 2 of the last 3.
but 2 judges had him winng 7 rounds, I just cant see how they saw the fight that way!
MP threw 100 more punches, landed almost 90 more and his blows were difinitive, especially his overhand left! Now I know the judges are ringside, and the overhand blow might be the hardest to view from that line of sight, but the results of those blows were unquestionable !
manny rocked bradly in almost every round !
yet the judges scores were all very close, round for round.
very good fight, very controversial decision !
we may never see mayweather- paquio now !
Bradleys wife and close friend were about to console one another when they heard the surprizing results of the judges cards, they were stunned !
manny was gracious, especially for a guy that just got bent over the fender.

Ben and Jerry's is introducing a new flavor in honor of paquio,

manny's fender-bender fudge-packer mint.

"mint" because manny still maid over 40 million on the fight !

Broncfan1970
06-10-2012, 06:26 PM
Stopped watching boxing long ago, more dancing than fighting. UFC is the only way to go, they always bring it and your gauranteed to see someone knocked out, chocked out or submitted every card.

aberdien
06-10-2012, 06:31 PM
What a shame.

UFC is lame.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 06:41 PM
Stopped watching boxing long ago, more dancing than fighting. UFC is the only way to go, they always bring it and your gauranteed to see someone knocked out, chocked out or submitted every card.boxing has lost alot of credibility and audience to the MMA!
without integrity a sport has nothing.

weazel
06-11-2012, 10:15 AM
Im not a boxing vs UFC guy, I think they both have merits and can co-exist. I like watching both. Upset decisions can and do happen in both, thats the nature of a decision based on opinion. I love Manny but haven't seen the fight so I will wait until I see it to say anything, I know that he has won fights that he probably shouldnt have so it all rounds itself out.

As for a Mayweather - Manny fight, that wasn't going to happen for a long time anyway. Mayweather just wanted to hold off the fight until Manny was over the hill and could have an easier fight. Mayweather is a scumbag.

CoachChaz
06-11-2012, 10:22 AM
I think boxing has to create these controversies in order to compete with the media attention the MMA gets. My perosnal opinion is MMA is boring. If I want to see someone get choked or knocked out every night, I'll just go to one of a few local bars. Most of these guys cant fight anyway and there have been quite a few UFC champions that were complete jokes. (Brock Lesner, Rashad Evans, Sean Sherk, and many many more)

Manny will get his title back eventually.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 02:09 PM
november 10th ! they promoted the re-match before the first fight occured ! The re-match was alraeady on the schedule and in promotion phase before the first fight ! Thats why the result is so suspicious along with being contrary to the majority of intellegent opinion ringside.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 02:11 PM
mayweather is indeed a scumbag !

Broncfan1970
06-11-2012, 03:26 PM
I think boxing has to create these controversies in order to compete with the media attention the MMA gets. My perosnal opinion is MMA is boring. If I want to see someone get choked or knocked out every night, I'll just go to one of a few local bars. Most of these guys cant fight anyway and there have been quite a few UFC champions that were complete jokes. (Brock Lesner, Rashad Evans, Sean Sherk, and many many more)

Manny will get his title back eventually.

Ask James Toney "aka he of numerous Boxing titles" he arranged a fight with Randy Courture and before the fight had alot to say of what a MMA fighter would learn about fighting from a champion boxer. He didn't last out of the first round. To compare MMA fighters to bar fighters is rediculous.

EMB6903
06-11-2012, 03:54 PM
Im not a big fan of MMA. Boxing is much more strategic and takes a lot more skill.

How many ELITE MMA fighters are there?

It seems every couple months there is a new contender at the top of the MMA ranks. Anybody can be beaten any given night and true weaknesses aren't exposed in 3 five minute rounds.

12 three minute rounds of pure boxing is a lot more mentally challenging than wrestling somebody to the ground and hugging them errr I mean grappling them to a tap out.

MMA is a joke of a sport.

CoachChaz
06-11-2012, 03:58 PM
Ask James Toney "aka he of numerous Boxing titles" he arranged a fight with Randy Courture and before the fight had alot to say of what a MMA fighter would learn about fighting from a champion boxer. He didn't last out of the first round. To compare MMA fighters to bar fighters is rediculous.

There was no comparioson. My point was clearly that I was more entertained by bar fights than by MMA.

EMB6903
06-11-2012, 04:02 PM
Ask couture to go 12 rounds of boxing with toney...?

Plus toneys boxing career was over by that time.

CoachChaz
06-11-2012, 04:28 PM
I use to work with a smartass that was actually a decent MMA fighter locally. When Tool was in town, Maynard Keenan wanted to train and this is the guy that was picked to spar with him. Anyway, we went to a "happy hour" or something like that one night and he had a few and started running his mouth. I'll just say he shut his mouth real quick when a pool cue to the face laid him out for about 20 minutes.

Everyone has a story.

Broncfan1970
06-11-2012, 04:37 PM
Im not a big fan of MMA. Boxing is much more strategic and takes a lot more skill.

How many ELITE MMA fighters are there?

It seems every couple months there is a new contender at the top of the MMA ranks. Anybody can be beaten any given night and true weaknesses aren't exposed in 3 five minute rounds.

12 three minute rounds of pure boxing is a lot more mentally challenging than wrestling somebody to the ground and hugging them errr I mean grappling them to a tap out.

MMA is a joke of a sport. you obviously never wrestled its pure strategy as is all grappling. Fyi MMA FIGHTERS have to take punches, kicks, and knee shots plus defend take downs (see strategy). You should totally go to an MMA training and challenge one of the fighters to one 12 min round of just boxing and video tape it for everyone here to see your point of their lack of boxing skills lol ill even volunteer to video it. Oh and lol Couture and toney are same age.

Broncfan1970
06-11-2012, 05:07 PM
I use to work with a smartass that was actually a decent MMA fighter locally. When Tool was in town, Maynard Keenan wanted to train and this is the guy that was picked to spar with him. Anyway, we went to a "happy hour" or something like that one night and he had a few and started running his mouth. I'll just say he shut his mouth real quick when a pool cue to the face laid him out for about 20 minutes.

Everyone has a story. pool cue to the face sounds more like assault than a fight. But yeah everyone has a story

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 12:51 AM
pool cue to the face sounds more like assault than a fight. But yeah everyone has a story

everyone except the pool cue!
who's gonna tell his story?

Innocent, by-standing sports equipment,
commited to community service,
destroyed in the crossfire of strangers.
who will lament the splintered dreams of a straight-shooter like Mr. Cue ?

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 12:52 AM
wrestling is pure strategy?
hello, you must have it confused with chess.

Poet
06-12-2012, 01:18 AM
There isn't a guy in the UFC who would last three rounds with a real boxer. There isn't a boxer alive who is going to beat a MMA guy in a MMA bout.

James Toney was over the hill and iirc was in debt and needed all the money he could get. Even then Couture, who has a chin wasn't exactly dying to get involved in standup with him.

Boxing is a purer sport, MMA is an all-around sport. The thought that one of them is superior to the other is asinine to me.

I didn't see the fight but apparently it was highway robbery. I used to love watching boxing as a kid, it's sad that it's such a joke.

ShooterJM
06-12-2012, 09:29 AM
Had to be fixed.

chazoe60
06-12-2012, 09:43 AM
There isn't a guy in the UFC who would last three rounds with a real boxer. There isn't a boxer alive who is going to beat a MMA guy in a MMA bout.

James Toney was over the hill and iirc was in debt and needed all the money he could get. Even then Couture, who has a chin wasn't exactly dying to get involved in standup with him.

Boxing is a purer sport, MMA is an all-around sport. The thought that one of them is superior to the other is asinine to me.

I didn't see the fight but apparently it was highway robbery. I used to love watching boxing as a kid, it's sad that it's such a joke.
This hit the nail on the head. The only thing that makes MMA a better sport than boxing right now is the absurd nature of the judging and matchups in boxing.

BTW I've never seen a boxer as scared of another boxer as Mayweather is of Manny. Make all the excuses in the world Mayweather but everyone can see that you're terrified of Manny hurting uour legacy. Mayweather is a doosh.

Broncfan1970
06-12-2012, 11:20 AM

I didn't see the fight but apparently it was highway robbery. I used to love watching boxing as a kid, it's sad that it's such a joke. my only point was Toney said his superior boxing skills would negate any ground game. He held a heavy weight title in 09 when he was also over the hill so dude could obviously still fight, but coutoure also was well past his prime. I will agree that I used to love boxing when I was a kid I just think its declining as a sport. I will offer up that I think Bones Jones could go distance with any boxer, fast hands, long reach devestating power in punches, but just my opinion. Lol of course he'd probably get disqualified if it went up against the ropes and he put a knee on their chin out of instinct.

Broncfan1970
06-12-2012, 11:40 AM
pool cue to the face sounds more like assault than a fight. But yeah everyone has a story

everyone except the pool cue!
who's gonna tell his story?

Innocent, by-standing sports equipment,
commited to community service,
destroyed in the crossfire of strangers.
who will lament the splintered dreams of a straight-shooter like Mr. Cue ? Lmao yeah good point, maybe dateline will see this and pick up his story....

weazel
06-12-2012, 04:50 PM
I hear Mayweather might fight Larry Merchant when he gets out of jail.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 05:06 PM
I hear Mayweather might fight Larry Merchant when he gets out of jail.larry merchant is in jail?

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 11:04 AM
Ben and Jerry's New Manny Paquiao Flavor....
FENDER-BENDER-FUDGE-PACKER-MINT,
now being served at a correctional facility near you !

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 11:08 AM
Ben and Jerry's New Manny Paquiao Flavor....
FENDER-BENDER-FUDGE-PACKER-MINT,
now being served at a correctional facility near you !

I wonder if it is being served at the mayweather compound.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 11:34 AM
Boxing sucks, and this is a major reason why.

Poet
06-13-2012, 01:41 PM
Boxing sucks, and this is a major reason why.

It used to be so good, so very good. What a bummer.

BroncoWave
06-13-2012, 01:51 PM
Never got into boxing. There are just so many other good sports I can watch on TV for free to get into a sport I would have to pay money to watch. Never got the appeal.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 02:03 PM
boxing was a pioneer in PPV sports !
that expalains its evolution or some might say depreciation into the marketing big ticket bullshit that it has become.
The principles of the sport are the "promoters"
what else would you expect?

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2012, 03:26 PM
The WBO announced Wednesday that it will review Timothy Bradley's controversial victory over Manny Pacquiao in Saturday's welterweight championship fight.

Bradley, the WBO's junior welterweight champ, moved up in weight and claimed a split decision to take Pacquiao's WBO welterweight belt at the MGM Grand in Las Vegas. However, there was a storm of controversy after judges Duane Ford and C.J. Ross both scored the fight 115-113 in favor of Bradley while Jerry Roth had it 115-113 for Pacquiao.

The vast majority of observers had Pacquiao clearly winning the fight, many in lopsided fashion. Top Rank promoter Bob Arum, who promotes both fighters, was outraged and has called on the Nevada attorney general to inquire about the scoring.

rest, and first take video - http://espn.go.com/boxing/story/_/id/8047240/wbo-review-timothy-bradley-win-manny-pacquiao

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 05:45 PM
BOB ARUM IS THRILLED TO HAVE THE BUZZ AND THE CONTROVERSY...
,,,AND the rematch already on the november calendar and endorsed by the LV chanber of commerce.

weazel
06-16-2012, 10:01 PM
well I just watched the fight... wow.

what a horrible, horrible call. Just reminded me of the Hagler - Sugar Ray fiasco's... thats why boxing is fading into a sub-sport

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 07:19 AM
boxing has always had this BS decision crap to diminish its integrity, only now MMA offers a more popular alternative.

Chef Zambini
06-17-2012, 07:24 AM
in the early 60's cassius clay got his ass kicked in sweden by floyd Patterson, but the fight went the distance.
ali's manager jumped in to the ring and went directly to the referee , who had a vote in the decision. ali/ clay was declared the winner, the calm sensable stockholm audience went balistic, they rioted, throwing their chairs and anything that wasnt naoiled to the walls !
TRhis was a lame verdict, but not the first and wont be the last.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-17-2012, 01:52 PM
I watched the replay last night. There is no debate in this issue. Manny was robbed, period.

I am just baffled that they had people who have been collecting social security for a decade judging this fight. These fighters will sometimes throw one hundred punches in a round. Attention to detail and good eyesight is required. I find the judging process laughable.

Let's present a scenario: You're paying out tens of millions of dollars. You need judges who are extremely observant with good eyesight. They must have strong attention spans with ability to focus intensely. Are you going to hire a bunch of people who've been collecting social security for a decade? People in their seventies simply don't have the eyesight and attention spans to do something like that, generally speaking. They have a hard enough time going the speed limit on the highway. That's not a slam on senior citizens either. It's just the sober truth.

Chef Zambini
06-18-2012, 10:44 AM
they have YEARS / decades of reputation, thats what the boxing commish wants, the promoters and fighters too !
honestly, they have a LOUSY viewing format compared to the view of the PPV audience who see the fight from the robotic camera that shows the fighters from an in close yet overhead perspective! all those overhand lefts that paquio landed were probably not as visible to a 70 year old man looking up at the ankles of the fighters from ring-side !
before this camera, judges ringside had the best view, this is obviously not true! judges should be able to view the fight from the BEST perspective, thats why they were placed ringside in the first place!
not only are the judges old and out-dated, the judging METHOD is outdated as well and needs to change !

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-18-2012, 05:38 PM
What's funny is Bradley wasn't even sure he won the fight. Twice in the ring right after the decision when asked about it said he would have to go home, look at the tape and see if he won. He wasn't even sure.

Manny P., on the other hand was sure he had won when he was asked. It's amazing that 3 out of 52 professionals that were ringside all scored Manny as the winner. Two of the 3 were the judges that scored the fight.

Solution
06-20-2012, 04:32 PM
What's funny is Bradley wasn't even sure he won the fight. Twice in the ring right after the decision when asked about it said he would have to go home, look at the tape and see if he won. He wasn't even sure.

Manny P., on the other hand was sure he had won when he was asked. It's amazing that 3 out of 52 professionals that were ringside all scored Manny as the winner. Two of the 3 were the judges that scored the fight.

That fight was the single worst decision I have ever seen in combat sport. I actually don't know how anyone in their right mind scored it for Bradley. I am not saying the 'fix was in' but Arum is evil.

Chef Zambini
06-20-2012, 05:54 PM
the paterson/ clay fight, was the worst I ever saw! civil,well mannered, obedient scandinavians went NUTS ! they rioted and threw everthing that wasnt nailed down into the ring when they annonced clay (ali) as the winner !

Chef Zambini
06-21-2012, 08:52 AM
november, rematch.
WBO panel can not change the outcome,regardless of the landslide unanaimous review for pac-man.
"retribution" will be the title of the fight, JMWAG

BigDaddyBronco
06-21-2012, 10:37 AM
All done to make the next fight a "must see" and make more money. Boxing is a sham.

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 04:30 PM
judges should judge in a sequestered room while viewing the overhead camera angle provided by the PPV sytem!
originally, they put judges RINGSIDE because that was the best view.
NOW, thanks to the remote controlled camera on a wire the best view is the one millions bay for on PPV. THAT is the view the judges should have! Not sitting on one side of the ring looking up from a spot lower than the floor of the ring !

EMB6903
06-25-2012, 04:48 PM
I was a Pretty big fan of the sport of boxing... After this fight I won't pay a dime to watch a boxing match. I hope there are a good amount of people that do the same.

The sport is an absolute joke.

Canmore
06-25-2012, 04:51 PM
I was a Pretty big fan of the sport of boxing... After this fight I won't pay a dime to watch a boxing match. I hope there are a good amount of people that do the same.

The sport is an absolute joke.

Use to watch boxing but not anymore. Stopped a while back. Too many shady things in this sport to call it a sport.

Chef Zambini
06-25-2012, 06:03 PM
a sport without integrity is doomed.