PDA

View Full Version : What would these players be worth in terms of draft picks?

lex
10-25-2007, 11:49 PM
OK, what does everyone think the trade value of the following players would be:

Dominique Foxworth

Ian Gold

Nate Webster

Karl Paymah

I like Foxworth and I hate to see him go but since he is not starting here, we might as well get something for him. And also, while it was beneficial to draft Paymah, Williams, and Foxworth in the same draft, the fact is that at the time we drafted them, we were looking for a #2. And since we are now committed to Bly, it might be a good idea to get something for either or both Foxworth and Paymah in trade.

WAB
10-25-2007, 11:55 PM
Domonique-3rd/4th rounder

Gold-5th/6th rounder

Webster-6th/7th rounder

Paymah-6th/7th rounder

UnderArmour
10-26-2007, 12:06 AM
Dominique Foxworth -3rd or 4th.

Ian Gold - Nothing, too high of salary.

Nate Webster - 6th

Karl Paymah - 6th

Stargazer
10-26-2007, 01:56 AM

Dominique Foxworth

Ian Gold

Nate Webster

Karl Paymah

I like Foxworth and I hate to see him go but since he is not starting here, we might as well get something for him. And also, while it was beneficial to draft Paymah, Williams, and Foxworth in the same draft, the fact is that at the time we drafted them, we were looking for a #2. And since we are now committed to Bly, it might be a good idea to get something for either or both Foxworth and Paymah in trade.

http://images.jupiterimages.com/common/detail/11/58/23285811.jpg

Krugan
10-26-2007, 07:40 AM

Dominique Foxworth

Ian Gold

Nate Webster

Karl Paymah

So we move Fox and Paymah for mid round draft picks, maybe a player, who plays the nickle and dime?

Are you suggesting moving players that are already in and learnt, for the most part, for someone new and unlearned?

Bad move for us to kick out people who perform and have a role that they fill well, not top tier, but solidly enough to maintain roster spots.

As for Gold, im fencing him, pretty hit or miss it seems lately.

Webster, can be replaced, just my thoughts.

underrated29
10-26-2007, 08:20 AM
i think we need them esp. to defend
againsst ne and indy's spread offense

lex
10-26-2007, 08:31 AM
So we move Fox and Paymah for mid round draft picks, maybe a player, who plays the nickle and dime?

Are you suggesting moving players that are already in and learnt, for the most part, for someone new and unlearned?

Bad move for us to kick out people who perform and have a role that they fill well, not top tier, but solidly enough to maintain roster spots.

As for Gold, im fencing him, pretty hit or miss it seems lately.

Webster, can be replaced, just my thoughts.

All that aside, what do you think their trade value is? Thats what Im most interested in.

underrated29
10-26-2007, 10:11 AM
fox - 2nd or 3rd
gold 4th or 5th

everyone else 5-7.imo

broncos9697
10-26-2007, 11:08 AM
[QUOTE=lex;37168]OK, what does everyone think the trade value of the following players would be:

Dominique Foxworth

Ian Gold

Nate Webster

Karl Paymah

foxworth I think we need to keep him..he's stepping up big time for us..
Ian gold he makes to much and no team is going to want to pay him what he makes...we either keep him or let him go..
webster- 6th round
paymah -6th round

topscribe
10-26-2007, 11:14 AM
I would hope they would not deplete the cornerback position like that.

But they have done dumber things. Remember Bertrand Berry?

-----

Krugan
10-26-2007, 01:10 PM
All that aside, what do you think their trade value is? Thats what Im most interested in.

MY guesses

Fox 3rd

Paymah 5-6th (depends on desperation)

2 of them in a bundle, maybe, maybe a 2nd. Mid grade Dline player, LB

Gold, has lost 95% of his value, maybe a 6th.

Webster 6th.

I just dont think there is any value beyond Fox, at least compaired to the investment.

omac
10-26-2007, 01:12 PM
Let's say not with respect to draft picks ....

Which players from other teams can we get for them?

Lonestar
10-26-2007, 02:02 PM
Big Mac, biggies sized drink and large bucket of fries.

Two Big Macs if you take gold out of the loop. Cut him for the salary cap.

Keep Paymah he can still be taught how to play NFL football.

WAB
10-26-2007, 02:07 PM
Can you swap RFA for RFA?? If so I would definitely look into the possibility of swapping Foxworth for a certain RFA running back.

Retired_Member_001
10-26-2007, 03:44 PM
Dominique Foxworth - 3rd rounder.

Ian Gold - 7th rounder.

Nate Webster - Nothing.

Karl Paymah - 5th rounder.

That's my opinion. I don't think we should get rid of both of those corners though. That would just be plain stupid.

DenBronx
10-26-2007, 04:16 PM
i wonder what we could get for chad mustard?:laugh:

maybe we should slap the franchise tag on him so we get 2 first rounders. washington sounds like a good landing spot for him.

TXBRONC
10-26-2007, 05:38 PM

Dominique Foxworth

Ian Gold

Nate Webster

Karl Paymah

It would be best to hold on to both Paymah and Foxworth. That our depth right there why send them packing would deplete our depth. In my opinion Lex this would not be a good idea.

TXBRONC
10-26-2007, 06:46 PM
i wonder what we could get for chad mustard?:laugh:

maybe we should slap the franchise tag on him so we get 2 first rounders. washington sounds like a good landing spot for him.

What could we get for Chad Mustard? A package of Ball Park Franks. :D

broncosinindy
10-26-2007, 11:07 PM
i think it would be in our best intrest to keep fox and paymah.

to me it really comes down to what defense we run. I know they say we switched becasue we didnt have the players for this d. But we we were only a Defensive line and coach away from being one of the best defenses in the leauge. i say we stick to the cover two. our draft last year brought us Tim Crowder who will most likely be a GREAT LDE not much of a pass rusher but has the ability to do so. Marcus Thomas. is reaking with talent but i dont like him in bates scheme put him as a UT in the cover two and he could be really really good. RDT is the weakness in our defense. it defiently needs a upgrade but do we really need a top rounder for a run stuffer there have been teams that have gotten good players in later rounds. just stay away from shirly and RDE We got Doom and Moss. i wouldnt even let rice get any more play time this year he is such a malcontent

I think Ian Gold may be salvaged if we can go back to Cover two.and with the improved play from DJ we may not need a MLB like i thought we would have after preseason and the first couple games Webster it will be pivitol to replace him if we go SLB i think it be very important that he can cover more then play the run.

Safety is a big need.There is some players really coming on in this draft but i wouldnt give much more then a third fort them(yes i know we dont have a third)

Wr I know it was only a cleaning on Walker but is he gonna be a injury prone player the rest of his career? Marshall as much as i want to like him. it seems though that baby TO really has been Reborn.

RB Travis henery IMO is done. i would like to see micheal turner but he is gonna cost a bundle.i like tashard choice. i like mike hart but i hate itty bitty running backs maybe a felix jones.

lex
10-26-2007, 11:10 PM
It would be best to hold on to both Paymah and Foxworth. That our depth right there why send them packing would deplete our depth. In my opinion Lex this would not be a good idea.

Not if you dont know the alternative.

broncosinindy
10-26-2007, 11:47 PM
Not if you dont know the alternative.

fox is a great back up fox was clutch in the pittsburg win.

lex
10-26-2007, 11:52 PM

Again, without knowing the alternative you dont know if youre better off.

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 12:03 AM

1-4-DEN 4 (11:37) 39-W.Parker up the middle to DEN 1 for 3 yards (22-D.Foxworth; 47-J.Lynch).

(8:12) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short right to 86-H.Ward (22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-PIT 39 (1:51) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 86-H.Ward to PIT 48 for 9 yards (22-D.Foxworth).
1-10-DEN 41 (12:21) 39-W.Parker left tackle to DEN 40 for 1 yard (22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-DEN 47 (12:24) 39-W.Parker right tackle to DEN 23 for 24 yards (22-D.Foxworth).
3-2-DEN 15 (11:10) 39-W.Parker left tackle to DEN 14 for 1 yard (55-D.Williams, 22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-DEN 49 (4:29) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 39-W.Parker to DEN 37 for 12 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

2-18-DEN 45 (3:30) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 86-H.Ward to DEN 37 for 8 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

2-6-DEN 21 (2:00) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 38-C.Davis to DEN 12 for 9 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

I'm sorry but I did not see all that wonderful play that you did. I saw Ben complete passes underneath him most of the time they tried the above were the plays he was credited in for tackles. The ones in Yellow were completed passes for first downs on HIS watch.. The ones magenta were almost first downs..

Requiem / The Dagda
10-27-2007, 02:33 AM
Completed on his watch because you have the actual game footage to prove it, or because you can read a stat line? For someone who didn't "study the game" because you don't care as much as other posters, you sure like to make broad conclusions on things you actually can't prove.

Foxworth was beat a few times, but he was far from the problem in the Pittsburgh game. Our linebackers are porous in coverage, and with the safeties playing up, there is going to be some coverage problems, and when you're blitzing like that, the middle of the field gets open, and even the best DB's are going to give up some yardage.

It's really common sense. So the guy lets up a few completions, perhaps a couple for first downs. So what? Don't let your dislike for a player get in the way of what actually happens on the field. You tend to do that a lot, even if it's the other way around.

That's a problem that you need to correct.

TXBRONC
10-27-2007, 08:57 AM
Again, without knowing the alternative you dont know if youre better off.

That's why you don't do it. If Shanahan were to trade them away that means you have replace that depth. It's not a good move in my opinion.

TXBRONC
10-27-2007, 09:02 AM
1-4-DEN 4 (11:37) 39-W.Parker up the middle to DEN 1 for 3 yards (22-D.Foxworth; 47-J.Lynch).

(8:12) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass incomplete short right to 86-H.Ward (22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-PIT 39 (1:51) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 86-H.Ward to PIT 48 for 9 yards (22-D.Foxworth).
1-10-DEN 41 (12:21) 39-W.Parker left tackle to DEN 40 for 1 yard (22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-DEN 47 (12:24) 39-W.Parker right tackle to DEN 23 for 24 yards (22-D.Foxworth).
3-2-DEN 15 (11:10) 39-W.Parker left tackle to DEN 14 for 1 yard (55-D.Williams, 22-D.Foxworth).

1-10-DEN 49 (4:29) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short left to 39-W.Parker to DEN 37 for 12 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

2-18-DEN 45 (3:30) (Shotgun) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short middle to 86-H.Ward to DEN 37 for 8 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

2-6-DEN 21 (2:00) 7-B.Roethlisberger pass short right to 38-C.Davis to DEN 12 for 9 yards (22-D.Foxworth).

I'm sorry but I did not see all that wonderful play that you did. I saw Ben complete passes underneath him most of the time they tried the above were the plays he was credited in for tackles. The ones in Yellow were completed passes for first downs on HIS watch.. The ones magenta were almost first downs..

Are you seriously going to try and say that Foxworth was responsible Willie Parker a running back? You're letting your dislike for certain players get in the way of what actually happened. If you're going criticize the guy for allowing a completion to Willie Parker then that tells me you either very biased or your football acumen is very low.

Since you insist on being a know-it-all about the game here are Steelers receiving stats for the game. Bottom line is only ONE wide receiver caught a td pass in the game and sure wasn't their best receiver.

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
H. Ward 7 78 0 18
S. Holmes 6 54 1 16
H. Miller 5 50 2 27
N. Washington 1 40 0 40
W. Parker 2 34 0 22
M. Spaeth 1 13 1 13
C. Wilson 1 12 0 12
C. Davis 1 9 0 9

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 11:45 AM
Are you seriously going to try and say that Foxworth was responsible Willie Parker a running back? You're letting your dislike for certain players get in the way of what actually happened. If you're going criticize the guy for allowing a completion to Willie Parker then that tells me you either very biased or your football acumen is very low.

Since you insist on being a know-it-all about the game here are Steelers receiving stats for the game. Bottom line is only ONE wide receiver caught a td pass in the game and sure wasn't their best receiver.

Receiving REC YDS TD LG
H. Ward 7 78 0 18
S. Holmes 6 54 1 16
H. Miller 5 50 2 27
N. Washington 1 40 0 40
W. Parker 2 34 0 22
M. Spaeth 1 13 1 13
C. Wilson 1 12 0 12
C. Davis 1 9 0 9

Perhaps you are letting your orange tinted glasses slant your view. Now granted I did not play and replay every play in the game What I did see was foxworth playing off the WR AGAIN letting them catch underneath and run while getting tackled for big gains. In 50% or so of the passes for first downs or almost first downs..

Sorry he is not close to being a Champ or even BLY, who is also not nearly Champ!! Could he start on another team sure he is not as bad as the worst starting CB in the league but he is not, as good as you all think either.. Never ever be a pro bowler based on playing this system on his next team. He'd get eaten alive in bump and run and is marginal in Zone..IMO

Nick
10-27-2007, 12:37 PM
Foxworth - nothing... believe he is a RFA next year. So if we wanted to trade him we should have already done so. If you lock him up at end of year and then trade,,, we could have a cap hit.

Also if we traded to a team at the end of season. That nogotiated a contract with Foxworth in a trade his value is going to be very low depending on desperation of that team.

The value for him with out thinking aobut all that stuff..

Foxworth would be a 5th round draft pick... the rest of the guys (webster, gold, paymah) will be nothing maybe a 7th rounder.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-27-2007, 03:04 PM
No I don't have orange tinted glasses on Jr just because I disagree with you. I for one actually watch the the game with open mind unlike with your tunnel vision bias. Maybe instead of trying to take the stats or entire game and laying off on one like you are prone to do maybe you ought at the very least attempt to use stat properly something you to this point you have not done.

Put your money where your mouth is and show me where I said tha Foxworth is on the same level as Champ or Bly. What I know unlike you and your biased ways is that Foxworth is better than what you think.

Honestly I'm not really interested in your opinion about how Foxworth because you have no ability to be objective.

I had a long post all lined up, but it all went away for some reason - but yeah, nice post.

Considering JR didn't even analyze the game (self-admittedly) and he's bringing up a stat sheet and making ridiculous arguments (like highlighting Foxworth for being the reason why Parker had big runs) - I don't think it's something (his post) that anyone would need to take seriously.

Denver got out to an early lead and the Steelers abandoned the running game - and despite a few bigger runs - they had a tough time with the defensive looks we gave them. In addition to that, with the zone blitzing and other forms of blitzing we were given them - along with the in the box mentality against the run - anyone who understands basic concepts of defense would know that when that's the case (safety up in the box, linebackers blitzing) that the corners are going to play off and the middle of the field will be let open. So it's understandable that Pittsburgh had success getting the underneath stuff working; especially when the premise of our defense was to stop the run, and put pressure on the QB to not allow his receivers to beat us deep.

The arguments being made against Foxworth don't even make sense, and it's just more of the bashing JR gives to the players he dislikes.

Come on now, JR is the same guy that said Foxworth along with Paymah and Dumervil would be cut this pre-season. He's also struggling with personal accountability, "I might have been wrong. . . but non 'teh' less - dey's a chance and a good one that (insert random player name here) will wear down and suck at season's end." - and can't own up to the fact that he was wrong on all three of the players. He's also the same poster who says he's predicted every outcome (season wise/game wise) correctly for the past three years, regardless of the fact that his posting history indicates he changes his record prediction after every week.

Most people are either glass half-empty or glass half-full folks, and JR doesn't even see the glass when it comes to this team. It's always negative, it's always a smash. There's no basis or formula to his posting, and the only thing he is consistent at is avoiding the football facts and being wrong a majority of the time.

I too agree, that there is no objectivity in the previous posts or analysis - or really, on anything in general on his behalf.

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 05:06 PM
No I don't have orange tinted glasses on Jr just because I disagree with you. I for one actually watch the the game with open mind unlike with your tunnel vision bias. Maybe instead of trying to take the stats or entire game and laying off on one like you are prone to do maybe you ought at the very least attempt to use stat properly something you to this point you have not done.

Put your money where your mouth is and show me where I said tha Foxworth is on the same level as Champ or Bly. What I know unlike you and your biased ways is that Foxworth is better than what you think.

Honestly I'm not really interested in your opinion about how Foxworth because you have no ability to be objective.

Sorry I made this comment about some other posters who think he is indeed a valuable starter. Sorry I included it in answer to your post you need to take things less personally.

I have set back and watched foxworth play the game and he is not an upper echelon CB and may never be. While I have not burned the midnight oils doing so, he is IMO, nothing but a nickle or dome back potential and then one better be able to pressure the QB or he will allow underneath passes all day/night like he has in the past. He is not nor ever will be a shut down type CB only someone that can tackle AFTER the pass is caught.. Usually I might add after the first down or close enough the next play will get it for you.

Let me add that I posted all of his involvement with the play that was noted.

I did not say that he was responsible for long runs merely that he was involved in the tackle. Actually he surprised me that he could run the RB down. He is a better tackler than I thought in run support.

DenBronx
10-27-2007, 05:17 PM
foxworth is better than willie middlebrooks....get rid of foxy then pick up who? willie?

i thought so. foxy might be average but id take a young developing (full of character) cb over a chip shot cb anyday of the week.

we can trade him, cut him or choose not resign him....but we wont get anything valuable in return. so the best thing is to keep foxy...and let bly and bailey keep mentoring this dude.

Lonestar
10-27-2007, 05:24 PM
foxworth is better than willie middlebrooks....get rid of foxy then pick up who? willie?

i thought so. foxy might be average but id take a young developing (full of character) cb over a chip shot cb anyday of the week.

we can trade him, cut him or choose not resign him....but we wont get anything valuable in return. so the best thing is to keep foxy...and let bly and bailey keep mentoring this dude.

Well that is true but then again everyone was better than middlebroken..

I have no problem keeping him and maybe one day he will become that CB (most) everyone thinks he is today. But do not fool yourselves he will never be in Champs class.

topscribe
10-27-2007, 05:40 PM
From the personal remarks, this thread is looking like P&R.

Let's knock it off and stop making the poster the topic, everybody.

-----

TXBRONC
10-27-2007, 05:48 PM
Sorry I made this comment about some other posters who think he is indeed a valuable starter. Sorry I included it in answer to your post you need to take things less personally.

I have set back and watched foxworth play the game and he is not an upper echelon CB and may never be. While I have not burned the midnight oils doing so, he is IMO, nothing but a nickle or dome back potential and then one better be able to pressure the QB or he will allow underneath passes all day/night like he has in the past. He is not nor ever will be a shut down type CB only someone that can tackle AFTER the pass is caught.. Usually I might add after the first down or close enough the next play will get it for you.

Let me add that I posted all of his involvement with the play that was noted.

I did not say that he was responsible for long runs merely that he was involved in the tackle. Actually he surprised me that he could run the RB down. He is a better tackler than I thought in run support.

I've deleted the post of mine quoted as looks like there may have been a miscommunication (on your part :D).

TXBRONC
10-27-2007, 05:51 PM

I think Foxworth better than average. Don't get me wrong I know he's not on the same level as Bailey but if he were the starter opposite Champ I would be comfortable with that.

lex
10-27-2007, 06:42 PM
I think Foxworth better than average. Don't get me wrong I know he's not on the same level as Bailey but if he were the starter opposite Champ I would be comfortable with that.

I agree. I think Foxworth is better than people realize. I think he is at least a 3rd rd pick and might eventually yield a 2nd round pick if he gets the opportunity. I too would have been perfectly OK with not trading for Bly and going with Foxworth. I also think Foxworth has been screwed over by playing a safety, nickelback and now CB. No other DB has been put on the spot like that.

broncofanatic1987
10-27-2007, 08:35 PM
Dominique Foxworth- 6th round

Ian Gold- 6th round

Nate Webster- 7th round

Karl Paymah- 7th round

lex
10-27-2007, 08:47 PM
Dominique Foxworth- 6th round

Ian Gold- 6th round

Nate Webster- 7th round

Karl Paymah- 7th round

Youre way off. Theres no way a 6th is the best one could get out of Foxworth. For one thing, the draft isnt exactly rich with cornerbacks. Secondly, Foxworth has way more value than that...and he's still young. Paymah would also be worth more than a 7th round pick. Foxworth would be a 2/3 and Paymah would be a 4/5.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-27-2007, 08:53 PM
Nobody has stated Foxworth is in Champ's class. Everyone here is on record saying Foxworth is a good quarterback who could more than likely start on most other NFL teams, but isn't here because of Champ and Bly. Don't put words in people's mouth based on the fact you have a poor time analyzing football play.

TXBRONC
10-27-2007, 08:59 PM
Nobody has stated Foxworth is in Champ's class. Everyone here is on record saying Foxworth is a good quarterback who could more than likely start on most other NFL teams, but isn't here because of Champ and Bly. Don't put words in people's mouth based on the fact you have a poor time analyzing football play.

Did he switch from defense to offense? ;)

broncofanatic1987
10-27-2007, 09:21 PM
Youre way off. Theres no way a 6th is the best one could get out of Foxworth. For one thing, the draft isnt exactly rich with cornerbacks. Secondly, Foxworth has way more value than that...and he's still young. Paymah would also be worth more than a 7th round pick. Foxworth would be a 2/3 and Paymah would be a 4/5.

There's no way Foxy goes for a 2nd, he's not a starter and he was drafted in the third and hasn't done anything to prove he should have been drafted higher. He wouldn't likely bring in a 3rd round pick. He's used product and just like a new car loses value the moment it rolls off the lot, so do football players. Maybe he brings in a 4th or 5th.

There's no way Paymah brings in a pick higher than a 6th.

lex
10-27-2007, 09:23 PM
There's no way Foxy goes for a 2nd, he's not a starter and he was drafted in the third and hasn't done anything to prove he should have been drafted higher. He wouldn't likely bring in a 3rd round pick. He's used product and just like a new car loses value the moment it rolls off the lot, so do football players. Maybe he brings in a 4th or 5th.

There's no way Paymah brings in a pick higher than a 6th.

See, youre problem is that you equate football players to cars. Theyr not the same. This explains a lot.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
Did he switch from defense to offense? ;)

Haha! Sorry about that one. Brain fart. :cool:

broncofanatic1987
10-27-2007, 09:30 PM
See, youre problem is that you equate football players to cars. Theyr not the same. This explains a lot.

:coffee::huh: