PDA

View Full Version : DJ Williams is Dumb

Buff
06-08-2012, 11:51 AM
I'm sure Jack Del Rio is thrilled that DJ Williams is posting pictures of his playbook on twitter.

@DjWilliam55 “Coach just told me I have to learn a new position over the weekn,, we have IPads as playbooks now, but I'm old skool I'm using flash cards & a #2 pencil..#ifitaintbrokedontfixit”

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/Buff_bronc_fan/DJPlaybook.jpg

MileHighCrew
06-08-2012, 12:01 PM
I hope this is a joke.

slim
06-08-2012, 12:06 PM
Holy cow.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 12:13 PM
I hope this is a joke.

If the following site is legit, it is not a joke, or appears it is not one.

http://www.tweeting-athletes.com/index.cfm?AthleteID=11914

chazoe60
06-08-2012, 12:22 PM
Leave him alone. He was drunk.

blamkin86
06-08-2012, 12:23 PM

Yeah, I was about to say "Hey DJ - you can afford a taxi."

I seriously hope this is some sort of joke.

Timmy!
06-08-2012, 12:31 PM
I originally read the thread title as "DJ Williams is drunk"

Wtf DJ?

Buff
06-08-2012, 12:43 PM
I originally read the thread title as "DJ Williams is drunk"

Wtf DJ?

Coincidentally, that thread title would have also been accurate.

slim
06-08-2012, 12:46 PM
If DJ wasn't playing in the NFL, I bet he would be the Mayor of Boston.

MileHighCrew
06-08-2012, 12:56 PM
Over/under on the DJ cut/traded thread?

NightTrainLayne
06-08-2012, 01:08 PM
Good grief. I am at a loss for words.

MileHighCrew
06-08-2012, 01:11 PM
Good grief. I am at a loss for words.

moron is a good word for this situation if you are looking for a single word.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 01:39 PM
is it too late for DJ to get in on the concussion law suit?
His brain is obviously damaged.

ShaneFalco
06-08-2012, 01:43 PM
That pencil looks sharp

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM
they should replace DJs Notebook with an etch-a scetch, just to "shake things up "

underrated29
06-08-2012, 02:02 PM

Impossible!
This photo was not taken in his car.

rationalfan
06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
overreaction thread. he posted a page from a playbook. in the age of the internet, that's about as revealing as telling somebody your middle name.

for real, give a coach 33 seconds of game tape and they can draw up the same thing.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 03:09 PM
pretty sure DJ signed a confidentiality note when he picked up his defensive NOTEBOOK,
he probably violated that document when he posted that picture !
regardless how "harmless' you may think it !
bottom line, it was stoopid !

UnderArmour
06-08-2012, 03:29 PM
Oh no! 6 whole plays! THE SEASON IS RUINED SUSPEND DJ WILLIAMS AN ADDITIONAL 4 GAMES WHEN HE GETS BACK FROM HIS LEAGUE SUSPENSION FOR CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE TEAM THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I just want this offseason to end.

silkamilkamonico
06-08-2012, 03:44 PM
OT: This whole concept of twitter is stupid enough, but the ide of the hashmark tags have brought social media ridiculousness to an entirely new level.

Buff
06-08-2012, 03:45 PM
overreaction thread. he posted a page from a playbook. in the age of the internet, that's about as revealing as telling somebody your middle name.

for real, give a coach 33 seconds of game tape and they can draw up the same thing.

Oh no! 6 whole plays! THE SEASON IS RUINED SUSPEND DJ WILLIAMS AN ADDITIONAL 4 GAMES WHEN HE GETS BACK FROM HIS LEAGUE SUSPENSION FOR CONDUCT DETRIMENTAL TO THE TEAM THIS IS AN OUTRAGE!!!!!!!!!!!!

Man, I just want this offseason to end.

The point is not that our defense is compromised as a result of him doing this...

It's that he has consistently proven himself to be a total dumbass. It's common sense that you don't post plays of a confidential playbook for the world to see. When you add this to his DUI, his stupid penalties, his incoherent twitter feed, and the frequency of him being caught out of position in the scheme over the years - it all adds up to him being a total moron. That's the point of this thread. He has all the talent in the world with a brain the size of a pea.

Dzone
06-08-2012, 03:57 PM
Yes, I am sure if DJ wasnt a football player, he would have a government job somewhere paying him 6 figures to sit on his ass all day and be stupid

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 04:13 PM
Is D.J. Williams trying to find trouble?

In what has to be considered a serious breach of security in the secretive world that is the NFL, Williams posted six defensive plays from the Broncos' playbook on his Twitter account today.

A team official quickly contacted Williams and the plays have been deleted from his account.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20814697/d-j-williams-posts-broncos-plays-twitter

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 04:16 PM
Where in the H is Williams head - obviously not where it should be

rationalfan
06-08-2012, 04:24 PM
The point is not that our defense is compromised as a result of him doing this...

It's that he has consistently proven himself to be a total dumbass. It's common sense that you don't post plays of a confidential playbook for the world to see. When you add this to his DUI, his stupid penalties, his incoherent twitter feed, and the frequency of him being caught out of position in the scheme over the years - it all adds up to him being a total moron. That's the point of this thread. He has all the talent in the world with a brain the size of a pea.

you're certainly not wrong. but there does seem to be a definite anti-DJ bias by many of this board. as much as anything, that was my reaction to this thread. if champ did this would people be freaking out? probably not. but DJ's faults are often magnified much more than they should be, while his positives are often disregarded.

LTC Pain
06-08-2012, 04:25 PM

DJ scored a 21 on his Wonderlic Test.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 04:28 PM
you're certainly not wrong. but there does seem to be a definite anti-DJ bias by many of this board. as much as anything, that was my reaction to this thread. if champ did this would people be freaking out? probably not. but DJ's faults are often magnified much more than they should be, while his positives are often disregarded.

I can honestly say if Champ, or any other Bronco did this - I would think they were as dumb for doing it, as I do of Williams.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 04:40 PM
I loved DJ as a rookie!
always thought he was the victim in all the shuffeling of DCs thru-out his career.
I have not been willing to convict him before the courts on his off the field matters, but...
this behavior is a clear cut act of stoopid and it illuminates what a poor job DJ does in making decisions ,
apparently both on and off the field.

I was willing to carry his jockstrap but now he has lost my support.
too dumb for football, maybe he can skate and play hockey.

topscribe
06-08-2012, 04:49 PM
You're right. There seems an anti-DJ attitude on this board.

But then, he seems to have earned it . . . :coffee:

underrated29
06-08-2012, 04:56 PM
I loved DJ as a rookie!
always thought he was the victim in all the shuffeling of DCs thru-out his career.
I have not been willing to convict him before the courts on his off the field matters, but...
this behavior is a clear cut act of stoopid and it illuminates what a poor job DJ does in making decisions ,
apparently both on and off the field.

I was willing to carry his jockstrap but now he has lost my support.
too dumb for football, maybe he can skate and play hockey.

actually hockey players are really smart. I wont even go into the strategy it takes to play hockey, but we are the few who can articulate, who graduated with degrees and have the fewest offseason or mid season incidents like DUIs and night clubs and shooting people etc. I think maybe aside from football you mean basketball players.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 05:14 PM
I should apologise, MOST of the hockey players I have met, have been charming, well manored individuals, complete with social graces.
I guess I was just thinking in terms of the toothless goons they send on to the ice for the sole purpose of getting into a fight.
I should not have defamed the entire sport just for the sake of comedy.
Is DJ a good bowler?

underrated29
06-08-2012, 05:33 PM
I should apologise, MOST of the hockey players I have met, have been charming, well manored individuals, complete with social graces.
I guess I was just thinking in terms of the toothless goons they send on to the ice for the sole purpose of getting into a fight.
I should not have defamed the entire sport just for the sake of comedy.
Is DJ a good bowler?

NO NEED TO APOLOGise. I was just giving you shit. You did not defame the sport, and like all sports we have our own fair share of idiots, most of them toothless.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 05:34 PM
The DP article I posted earlier, has been updated, and contains the following now:

Besides a photo of the six plays — or six formations of one play — that had the label of "Sink Sam 1 Tite (Formation Adjustment)," Williams also tweeted: "Coach told me I have to learn a new position over the weekend."

That he stated he was moving to a new position also revealed team information. Williams is a weakside linebacker who has started at four linebacker positions through his first eight seasons with the Broncos — weakside (Will), middle (Mike), strongside (Sam) and inside Mike in the 3-4 system.

http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20814697/d-j-williams-posts-broncos-plays-twitter

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 05:44 PM
that new position is BENCH! did he post any diagrams of the seating arrangements?
each play also had the name or vocal command for the adjustment, so the audible was also revealed! its plain as day on the view all of us can see !
Not only will we have to alter our playbook, funk and wagnal is going to have to change the accompanying picture for their definition of MORON !

when reached for comment,
a representative from WEBSTER Dictionary said they would be sticking with their picture of josh mcdanials for their MORON definition.

MOtorboat
06-08-2012, 05:55 PM
lol

Jsteve01
06-08-2012, 06:07 PM
sell high

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2012, 06:40 PM
I guess DJ Williams wants to get out of Mile High City.

Dzone
06-08-2012, 06:54 PM
Obviously DJ was pissed that coach is making him learn a new position and this is how he acts. Get rid of this loser!

Nick
06-08-2012, 07:48 PM
This is main reason del la sal had him play HB, thought it was better idea just to have him as a one cut runner and not think to hard.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-08-2012, 08:17 PM
from article:

Williams later posted a note that said, "Dear Fans: My post about learning a new position and the fact that our playbooks are now iPad was all for you."

full article - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8027982/denver-broncos-linebacker-dj-williams-tweets-picture-playbook

blamkin86
06-08-2012, 08:24 PM
if champ did this would people be freaking out? probably not.

That's because champ isn't this stupid - honestly this has to be some sort of stunt.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-08-2012, 08:40 PM
I'm not overly concerned that the page of the playbook is necessarily tipping our hand or giving away trade secrets. There aren't a ton of defensive formations out there and it's more about when you call a certain formation than it is what the formation looks like on paper.

What DJ showed, once again, is that he is not prone to make smart decisions and tends to act entirely on impulse. Posting a page of his "confidential" playbook probably didn't even occur to him to be a bad idea. Much like his drinking and driving and suspected performance enhancing drug use. A player who has been in the league for as long as he has should know better and make better decisions.

I wouldn't be overly surprised if he isn't on the roster on opening day.

Dzone
06-08-2012, 09:09 PM
he is already showing signs of cognitive decline related to head injury, Give him a few years and he will be suing the NFL for brain damage

tubby
06-08-2012, 09:53 PM
Fact

dogfish
06-08-2012, 10:43 PM

That's because champ isn't this stupid - honestly this has to be some sort of stunt.

exactly. . . it's a pointless hypothetical that contributes little real value to the discussion. . .

champ bailey isn't dumb, unlike DJ williams (whom i have more often than not defended for most of his shortcomings other than the DUIs, BTW)-- DJ has done more dumb shit in the last year (in the last day, technically), than champ has done in his entire pro career. . . if anything, i'm sure people would be signficantly MORE surprised if champ actually did do something so dumb-- you don't expect it from him. . . would the guy who's been the consummate professional be given a little more leeway than the knucklehead with no instincts and two DUIs? well duh, of course he would-- deservedly so. . .

Day1BroncoFan
06-08-2012, 11:12 PM

If is a big word. Champ is smart enough not to post defensive plays on his twitter account. We all know where DJ stands now.

rationalfan
06-08-2012, 11:44 PM
Again ... Overreaction thread.

Simple Jaded
06-08-2012, 11:47 PM
Dj sure as hell isn't the sharpest peanut in the turd. I wonder how serious the position switch is, clearly they won't move him to MLB with the money they gave Mays, I wonder if they would ever flip Miller and Williams. Williams hates SLB so if it were a reality that would explain his little temper tantrum/pity party.

Detroit needs LB's, trade one idiot for the other.......

rationalfan
06-08-2012, 11:55 PM
One more and I'm done: an idiot can't learn a new frickin LB position every year and continue to play at a high level.

Consider this: there's a big difference between actions of stupidity and actions of apathy.

Simple Jaded
06-09-2012, 12:18 AM
One more and I'm done: an idiot can't learn a new frickin LB position every year and continue to play at a high level.

Consider this: there's a big difference between actions of stupidity and actions of apathy.I know some incredibly smart people that have absolutely zero common sense.......

dogfish
06-09-2012, 12:21 AM

Consider this: there's a big difference between actions of stupidity and actions of apathy.

so you prefer that we question his character, rather than his intelligence?

Poet
06-09-2012, 12:52 AM
When you look at his entire career, you can think he's dumb and have legitimate reasons. I'm curious if he will get punished.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2012, 12:56 AM
When you look at his entire career, you can think he's dumb and have legitimate reasons. I'm curious if he will get punished.

He's already being punished by being asked to play SAM. He played SAM earlier in his career and it's pretty well known he hated it.

Jsteve01
06-09-2012, 01:04 AM
In all honesty though all conversation about the stupidity of this move aside. Dis best years have far and away been as a will. I dont see what he brings at Sam or mike

sneakers
06-09-2012, 01:40 AM
LOL am I the only one who thinks this is a non-issue?

Everyone in the NFL runs the same exact plays. What matters is when you call them, and how well the players play.

dogfish
06-09-2012, 01:54 AM
LOL am I the only one who thinks this is a non-issue?

Everyone in the NFL runs the same exact plays. What matters is when you call them, and how well the players play.

yes, it's essentially a non-issue from a competitive standpoint. . . letting an entire playbook slip would be a legitimate problem-- one page may give away some easily-deciphered information, but isn't particularly damaging. . .

that isn't really the issue here, though. . . it's simply the fact that he decided to do it-- publicly thumbing your nose at your bosses just isn't smart. . . you know. . . particularly when you happen to be the dude who's also gotten two DUIs and is currently fighting a steroid suspension. . . why does he want to bring more negative attention to himself, even if it is some trivial junk? is it worth it to add a few twitter followers, or amuse the ones you have?

at best, he looks like an attention-starved juvenile, idly amusing himself with lame social media BS like a high school kid. . . not a good look at all for a guy who turns 30 next month. . . and if this is his idea of trying to get the broncos to trade or release him-- as i kinda think rational implied, although i'm not really sure-- then DJ really is an idiot. . . with his salary and poor off-field decision making, i doubt the johns would mind obliging him if his agent made a call-- fox is an old pro at developing linebackers, and filling the WILL position isn't like finding a left tackle or number one cornerback. . .

either way, DJ needs to act more professionally. . . he gets paid millions of dollars, and works in an extraordinarily competitive field. . . inconsequential crap like this is easier to shrug off as immaturity from a first or second year guy, who is 23 years old and out of college for the first time. . . vets are expected to act like vets, and that's hardly too much to ask at his salary. . . hell, any entry-level employee who published confidential company documents as a joke on twitter could and should expect to be fired summarily. . . if they're expected to behave professionally, how much higher the expectations for a guy at DJ's compensation and experience level? this dude was a team captain before he went all knowshon behind the wheel. . .

so, yea. . . non-issue for the broncos, at least from a competition perspective. . . but if DJ keeps piling these dumb little straws on the camel's back, at some point soon it may become a personnel consideration for the team, when they need to find another linebacker. . . at which point it does become something of an issue for DJ. . . he's viewed as a quality starter here, and has effectively been guaranteed a spot (not the SAME spot, but in the starting lineup) for a long time. . . when you get traded because of non-football issues, you start reducing your options in an already limited job market, at least when you're an aging vet. . .

an elite talent with off-field issues will ultimately still get paid somewhere if they hit UFA at 25 or 26. . . a solid talent who gets cut at 30 or 31 is facing a vastly difference financial landscape in today's NFL. . . somebody like cincy or oakland will almost always take a guy if he can play a little, but the whole attraction is their ability to get those guys dirt cheap because no one else wants them. . . DJ may still have enough ability, versatility and proven production to get a good-sized total dollar amount somewhere-- but if he does, it'll come with protection built in where the team can void the deal after one season with little penalty if they want. . . or, he'll get traded somewhere and be expected to perform right away. . .

OR, he'll sign one of the increasingly-popular one-year deals, and still have to show it right up front. . . if he fails to, in any of those situations, older guys can get lost in the shuffle really easily. . . if he does get moved and struggle initially playing in a different environment (terminology, formation shifts and adjustments to motion, varying coverage responsiblities and gap control schemes, etc), he could potentially cost himself several million dollars or more that he might have earned with one more decent extension and signing bonus here. . . particularly if he does do a one year deal, and gets hurt. . . guys over 30 frequently don't come back if it's something bad like an achilles-- but even a mediocre performace can doom a guy with his red flags to a series of short deals for not much more than vet minimum, and with little or no bonus/guaranteed money. . . not to mention the cost and aggravation of moving like three times in four years. . .

or maybe it will be nothing, and he'll have another productive season despite some maddening mistakes. . .

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 08:09 AM
Anyone else concerned about Del Rio changing things that's work? And moving players to positions they aren't good at?

broncofaninfla
06-09-2012, 09:14 AM
With DJ saying coach told him to learn a new postion that doesn't neccesarily mean he is being moved to another position. They might be planning to use him in different LB positions for certain situations. Keep in mind Miller had to be yanked at times with Haggan coming in. With Haggan now gone they may be looking at DJ to cover the situations that they don't feel comfortable with Miller in just yet. It's also possible that they want DJ to compete with Mays bring Rio loves big bodies in the middle. I'm excited to see what Denver is doing there but now makes me curious on other possible position moves on the team. I'm really hoping to see them try Franklin out at guard as well.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 09:17 AM
Williams had his most productive year since his rookie year at his natural position last year. So let's screw around with that like Shanahan did and try to move him around? That just doesn't make sense to me.

And I doubt Miller is coming off the field much this year.

turftoad
06-09-2012, 09:38 AM
Anyone else concerned about Del Rio changing things that's work? And moving players to positions they aren't good at?

No. Because, I hope Del Rio is smarter than that.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 09:55 AM
No. Because, I hope Del Rio is smarter than that.

Maybe he isn't.

Chef Zambini
06-09-2012, 10:08 AM
learn a new position, not nessasarily PLAY the new position, at least not full time.funny how DJ continues on a path of repetitive moronic behavior and it generates questions about del rio and his intellect
Nobody was calling del rio stupid until DJ posted plays on the web.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 10:13 AM
My bad.

Wouldn't want to question moving a player who had his best season at his natural position last year. His first year back at that position since his rookie year. Even after he tweeted he had to learn a new position...

What the hell was I thinking?

Npba900
06-09-2012, 10:25 AM
I'm sure Jack Del Rio is thrilled that DJ Williams is posting pictures of his playbook on twitter.

@DjWilliam55 “Coach just told me I have to learn a new position over the weekn,, we have IPads as playbooks now, but I'm old skool I'm using flash cards & a #2 pencil..#ifitaintbrokedontfixit”

http://i62.photobucket.com/albums/h82/Buff_bronc_fan/DJPlaybook.jpg

Meh nothing to worry about everyone learns differently.:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2012, 10:38 AM
Just a thought - if the 6 game suspension holds up, obviously, another player will play DJ's position - if that player does well, they will not bench him when DJ returns - so, the logical thing is for DJ to also learn another position, and more than likely, he would be the backup at his original position, plus the new position, in case of injury, etc.

Npba900
06-09-2012, 10:45 AM
Obviously DJ was pissed that coach is making him learn a new position and this is how he acts. Get rid of this loser!

I think we need to calm down here, its not like DJ posted the entire play book for the world to see. Was smart for DJ to post what he did....I'd say "No", but it isn't the end of the world.

Each play had the names or vocal command/adjustments, and the audible although revealed can always be changed.

Between Jun - Feb teams change, adjust, tinker with the playbook because teams have figured out various teams tendency's.

pnbronco
06-09-2012, 11:35 AM
It wasn't smart for DJ to post the picture, but his intent wasn't to show the plays but that he liked to create flashcards for himself, that he's old school. He was just trying to share a side of himself with "his" fans. DJ has impulse issues. Well he's 29 and yeah in the "real" world the brain should have attached by now and he should be more mature, but he's not. He also has never really lived in the "real" world since he has played football for a very long time.

I'm not going to over react or judge him. They may just have to treat him like a kid and take his phone away when he goes into meetings.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2012, 11:44 AM
It wasn't smart for DJ to post the picture, but his intent wasn't to show the plays but that he liked to create flashcards for himself, that he's old school. He was just trying to share a side of himself with "his" fans. DJ has impulse issues. Well he's 29 and yeah in the "real" world the brain should have attached by now and he should be more mature, but he's not. He also has never really lived in the "real" world since he has played football for a very long time.

I'm not going to over react or judge him. They may just have to treat him like a kid and take his phone away when he goes into meetings.

Then he could have said that he was old school - elaborated on what his preference was, without posting the plays. I still can not believe that he felt it was OK to post the plays.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2012, 12:01 PM
From article:

Williams' posting of the Broncos' defensive plays comes at a time when the team has converted its playbook to the iPad. Each Broncos player has a playbook via iPad.

However, the players did not receive their electronic playbooks without first receiving social media counsel from the team. The Broncos have been aggressive in putting together seminars on the conveniences — and hazards — of social media. The rookies received a one-hour seminar on social media before the team's organized team activity (OTA) workouts last month. The rookies and veterans are given mandatory, social media class at each training camp. Players also receive one-on-one counsel on an almost daily basis.

The Broncos have long preferred to close their practices to the media and public. When the media is allowed to watch an OTA or minicamp, it must follow strict rules administered by the team that are sensitive about giving away secrets to opponents.

For instance, the team discourages the media from identifying generic pass patterns like slants and outs or charting Peyton Manning's pass attempts while the offense is running 11-on-11 drills.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20818370/broncos-dj-williams-makes-play-public-twitter

Superchop 7
06-09-2012, 12:03 PM
I would throw the ass clown off the team.

Superchop 7
06-09-2012, 12:04 PM
Hey Nate.......a position just became available.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 12:24 PM
He may be an idiot, but he's the best linebacker on the team. I don't think he's going anywhere.

BroncoWave
06-09-2012, 12:29 PM
OT: This whole concept of twitter is stupid enough, but the ide of the hashmark tags have brought social media ridiculousness to an entirely new level.

Have you ever used it out of curiosity? It's a great tool for things like getting news if you use it correctly.

Rick
06-09-2012, 01:59 PM
If his new position he is having to learn has anything to do with the screens he posted then it won't be SAM. In everyone of those plays the SAM is rushing the passer, can't imagine that would be DJ, that would be Miller.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2012, 02:04 PM
He may be an idiot, but he's the best linebacker on the team. I don't think he's going anywhere.

He's not the best LB anymore. That's now Miller, who is also a lot younger. I still think DJ's days are numbered. He might be around for 12', but I'd be shocked beyond that.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 02:10 PM
He's not the best LB anymore. That's now Miller, who is also a lot younger. I still think DJ's days are numbered. He might be around for 12', but I'd be shocked beyond that.

Probably true. But Miller is a hybrid. I guess the point I was trying to make is that he's much better than Mays, Woodyard and Irving, therefore I doubt he's going anywhere.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2012, 03:21 PM
Probably true. But Miller is a hybrid. I guess the point I was trying to make is that he's much better than Mays, Woodyard and Irving, therefore I doubt he's going anywhere.

Point taken, I just don't think they're going to want to keep spending that kind of money on a guy who seems to keep getting in trouble, especially as he enters the end of his prime.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 03:25 PM
Point taken, I just don't think they're going to want to keep spending that kind of money on a guy who seems to keep getting in trouble, especially as he enters the end of his prime.

The suspension is certainly a problem, but it sounds like that might get thrown out or reduced to just a few game. This is boneheaded, and if Williams wasn't facing the suspension possibility, I'm not sure anyone would care. Say this was Orlando Franklin who did this, I'm not sure anyone would care much, other than "well, that was boneheaded," and move on with it.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
06-09-2012, 03:34 PM
The suspension is certainly a problem, but it sounds like that might get thrown out or reduced to just a few game. This is boneheaded, and if Williams wasn't facing the suspension possibility, I'm not sure anyone would care. Say this was Orlando Franklin who did this, I'm not sure anyone would care much, other than "well, that was boneheaded," and move on with it.

I agree, it's just that DJ has been around for a long time, and it wouldn't be so easy to put 2 and 2 together if he hadn't expressed a couple of years ago how much he hates playing SAM.

Jsteve01
06-09-2012, 04:11 PM
I'm with you mo and it was the thrust of my last post. Yes I'm concerned that he looked like a pro bowler last year at will and now they're asking him to play another position yet again. Smh

Chef Zambini
06-09-2012, 05:31 PM
sorry, DJ has nobody but himself to blame for his current situation.
DUI
drug suspicion and suspension
posting team property material on the web when it should have been very clear that such activity was inappropriate
and probably a contract violation.
but lest ignore all that and cast doubt on del rio.
poor DJ

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 05:42 PM
sorry, DJ has nobody but himself to blame for his current situation.
DUI
drug suspicion and suspension
posting team property material on the web when it should have been very clear that such activity was inappropriate
and probably a contract violation.
but lest ignore all that and cast doubt on del rio.
poor DJ

No one is ignoring that.

But there are two revelations that come out of this:
A.) The release of an image with plays on it.
B.) D.J. Williams, within the tweet said he has to learn a new position.

All of that other douchebaggery has little to do with it, and it is certainly relevant that Williams said he is being asked to learn a new position.

UnderArmour
06-09-2012, 05:54 PM
No one is ignoring that.

But there are two revelations that come out of this:
A.) The release of an image with plays on it.
B.) D.J. Williams, within the tweet said he has to learn a new position.

All of that other douchebaggery has little to do with it, and it is certainly relevant that Williams said he is being asked to learn a new position.

Most likely he just has to learn SLB in case Von has to miss time or they have Von lineup as a pure end.

MOtorboat
06-09-2012, 06:06 PM
Most likely he just has to learn SLB in case Von has to miss time or they have Von lineup as a pure end.

Then are they moving Miller to end? Because the only way I see him lining up as an end, is either in an under shift, or in the nickel, and either case, there's no reason to move Williams to the other side of the formation.

The injury part is all I can think of that makes any sense, unless Del Rio is tinkering with stuff that doesn't need to be tinkered with.

Simple Jaded
06-09-2012, 07:59 PM
If the other 31 teams wanted to learn 6 defensive plays they could just get them from any number of former players, the bigger issue is Williams and a possible new position. Other than maybe Miller, there isn't any LB on the team that can carry Williams' jock at the WLB position, they're sure as hell not moving him the get any of their backups on the field.

Te best starting combo is Miller, Mays and Williams, don't mess with it. You don't move a player unless he's not gettin it done, Williams may be an idiot but he's a damn good LB.......

Denver Native (Carol)
06-09-2012, 08:14 PM
If the other 31 teams wanted to learn 6 defensive plays they could just get them from any number of former players, the bigger issue is Williams and a possible new position. Other than maybe Miller, there isn't any LB on the team that can carry Williams' jock at the WLB position, they're sure as hell not moving him the get any of their backups on the field.

Te best starting combo is Miller, Mays and Williams, don't mess with it. You don't move a player unless he's not gettin it done, Williams may be an idiot but he's a damn good LB.......

And if the 6 game suspension stands, the Broncos do not have a choice - they will need to replace Williams, at least for those 6 games.

Simple Jaded
06-09-2012, 08:23 PM
And if the 6 game suspension stands, the Broncos do not have a choice - they will need to replace Williams, at least for those 6 games.
Certainly, I'm talking only about the possibility of a permanent move based on ability. If the Broncos didn't have Wesley Woodyard as Williams' backup it might be different.......

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 02:29 AM
And if the 6 game suspension stands, the Broncos do not have a choice - they will need to replace Williams, at least for those 6 games.not to mention the DUI, that will generate a suspension, and it sure as heck aINT GONNA run concurrent with the 6 gamer.

sneakers
06-10-2012, 04:31 AM
1. This premise behind this thread is stupid as hell.
2. The player was drafted for his ability to play football, not for his intelligence or morals.

jhildebrand
06-10-2012, 12:17 PM
It never ends with DJ.

He has been productive but never reaching his full potential. Granted, his being moved around a lot doesn't help. In the end, he has always been a bit over rated IMHO and too much of a liability as of late. If his suspension is removed/reduced, I hope this team tries to trade him.

Tned
06-10-2012, 01:18 PM

I haven't seen any news lately. Is the reduction in suspension just a guess on your part or has there been some new evidence/news?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Forum Runner

Denver Native (Carol)
06-10-2012, 01:44 PM
I haven't seen any news lately. Is the reduction in suspension just a guess on your part or has there been some new evidence/news?

Sent from my Motorola Atrix using Forum Runner

This is the latest I found on his suspension, and it was written a month ago. Do not know if there is anything on it more recent.

Given the news of defensive lineman Ryan McBean settling the lawsuit challenging his six-game suspension with a difference-splitting three-game suspension, the obvious question becomes whether Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams will do the same thing.

There currently are no indications that Williams plans to or will be settling.

Of course, that could change if the NFL offers something like a one-game suspension or no suspension and a fine. For now, though, Williams plans to keep fighting the outcome of the in-house appeal of his suspension.

rest - http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/05/08/d-j-williams-isnt-settling-his-lawsuit-against-the-league/

Simple Jaded
06-10-2012, 02:05 PM
It never ends with DJ.

He has been productive but never reaching his full potential. Granted, his being moved around a lot doesn't help. In the end, he has always been a bit over rated IMHO and too much of a liability as of late. If his suspension is removed/reduced, I hope this team tries to trade him.Overrated by whom? Half the people THINK he's garbage.......

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
reduced drug suspension with him facing a DUI trial?
good luck with that !

MOtorboat
06-10-2012, 06:45 PM
reduced drug suspension with him facing a DUI trial?
good luck with that !

I believe Goodell has been overhanded in everything he's done, but to be fair, the one thing he HAS done is let the courts decide before making a decision.

A.) The drug suspension is disputed, and could be completely thrown out.
B.) Goodell will not tie the two together in any way. He hasn't done that in the past and he won't do it now.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 07:42 PM
I believe Goodell has been overhanded in everything he's done, but to be fair, the one thing he HAS done is let the courts decide before making a decision.

A.) The drug suspension is disputed, and could be completely thrown out.
B.) Goodell will not tie the two together in any way. He hasn't done that in the past and he won't do it now.
Mo while I completly agree with B.
A, is a speculative premis at best, thrown out on a technicality? what?
regardless, I think the commish must rule on DJ before his re-trial on the DUI, and in the face of a subsatance abuse allogation, a pending DUI trial, whould anyone consider it PRUDENT to reduce a suspension for illicit drug use?
not likely, sends the wrong message to all involved.

MOtorboat
06-10-2012, 07:55 PM
Mo while I completly agree with B.
A, is a speculative premis at best, thrown out on a technicality? what?
regardless, I think the commish must rule on DJ before his re-trial on the DUI, and in the face of a subsatance abuse allogation, a pending DUI trial, whould anyone consider it PRUDENT to reduce a suspension for illicit drug use?
not likely, sends the wrong message to all involved.

It's not completely speculative.

The person who handled the samples was fired by the NFL for improper procedures, and Green has already settled in court, with his sentence reduced to three games.

Williams doesn't plan on settling, or at least it sounds that way.

Again. Goodell cannot take A and B and lump it together, until he is found guilty of the DUI. CBA guidelines won't allow it.

ShaneFalco
06-10-2012, 07:56 PM
amazing.

NorCalBronco7
06-10-2012, 09:05 PM
DJ is an idiot. I dont think he should be traded or any of that til the Broncos find a good replacement, but they should start looking if they havent already.

ShaneFalco
06-10-2012, 09:10 PM
i still like him, not as an every down linebacker tho. Really weak vs the pass. He could probably still play very hard for some plays even with a new youngin coming in for his job

MOtorboat
06-10-2012, 09:16 PM
i still like him, not as an every down linebacker tho. Really weak vs the pass. He could probably still play very hard for some plays even with a new youngin coming in for his job

He's the best linebacker Denver has against the pass.

Jeesh.

ShaneFalco
06-10-2012, 09:18 PM
i always thought he was kinda slow.

MOtorboat
06-10-2012, 09:19 PM
Williams isn't slow.

:tsk:

Dumb, yes. But not physically slow.

ShaneFalco
06-10-2012, 09:20 PM
hahaha,

he does hit hard tho, i remember that one pass he broke up last year, leveling that guy. Cant remember who we were playing tho. Mb Steelers.

Jsteve01
06-10-2012, 11:39 PM
i always thought he was kinda slow.stop. Now. Slow he is not

Simple Jaded
06-11-2012, 01:56 AM
Dj Williams ran a 4.55 at the combine as a rookie, I'd bet he could still run a 4.6, that's flat out movin for a 240lb LB. Williams is a complete, 3-down LB. Lindy's/John Hadley ranked him the 4th best 4-3 WLB, and PFW ranked him 20th among all OLB's (3-4 or 4-3).

Is he Patrick Willis? Nope, but he's pretty damn good.......

Jsteve01
06-11-2012, 08:29 AM
imagine what his career could have looked like if the Rhodes, Coyers and Bates of the world would have just left him alone at Will

HORSEPOWER 56
06-11-2012, 01:23 PM
Williams is an athletic beast. He was one of the few players that John Madden remarked could come right out of high school and be successful in the pros...

Unfortunately, his brain has never really caught up to his athleticism. He's fast and strong, but has no instincts. He's good at pretty much everything due to his athleticism, but is frequently out of position and a step or two late to the hole, when covering a pass, or when rushing the QB. I don't think he puts a lot of time in on the mental side of the game. He's the same guy he's been since he was drafted, basically saying his mind for the game hasn't really developed since he was a rookie. He's a decent player when someone tells him what to do (has a strong defensive captain leading him), but some of his worst seasons came when he was a captain who was having to make the calls and checks, especially at MLB (which he should absolutely excel at, he's almost the spitting image of Al Wilson athletically - same height, weight and speed). He should have developed into the perfect MLB for our defense (he didn't) and he's just an average WLB (typically the easiest "read and react" LB position where you want a playmaker).

I've lost faith that he'll ever be anything "special" and hope he can get past all this stupid off-field stuff and just focus on football. Several players have been cut/traded from this team for less off-field indiscretions. He's been coddled by the coaching staff because we don't have anyone to replace him... yet. Everything wrong with DJ Williams is between his ears, both on and off the field.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2012, 01:38 PM
There is an NFL head coach who, before the rumble of electronic progress could be heard, would fine his players $100 per page for a lost playbook.

And that fine was only first step, the welcome mat to the dreaded 1-on-1 meeting in said head coach’s office, which would include a long list of paint-peeling profanities sandwiched around the words “release” or “waived” or “done.” I asked the same head coach this past weekend what he would do if one of his players had not simply lost a playbook, but rather voluntarily posted several images from an iPad playbook on a Twitter account or anywhere else on the vast expanse of the online world.

Silence was the answer. For several seconds.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/06/11/broncos/13953/

slim
06-11-2012, 01:49 PM
Where in the H is Williams head - obviously not where it should be

Whoa....easy with the potty mouth, Carol. This isn't in the lounge.

NightTerror218
06-11-2012, 01:54 PM
I hope Fox/Del Rio nips this is the butt quick and teach his undisciplined ass a lesson. He is very good but he needs his head on straight.

Northman
06-11-2012, 02:20 PM
He keeps making bad decision after bad decision lately. All he does is tackle nothing else. We can find anyone to do that.

NightTerror218
06-11-2012, 02:36 PM
He keeps making bad decision after bad decision lately. All he does is tackle nothing else. We can find anyone to do that.

he has been productive on defense though, several forced fumbles a year, several pass deflections and many tackles behind the LOS. Not to mention 5 sacks each year for last 2 years.

Canmore
06-11-2012, 02:59 PM
I hope Fox/Del Rio nips this is the butt quick and teach his undisciplined ass a lesson. He is very good but he needs his head on straight.

How long has Williams been in the league? We are still talking about his mental abilities catching up with his physical abilities. Guess what? It is NEVER going to happen. It's a shame and I have been a Williams fan but facts are facts. His mental make-up sucks. He is an incredibly gifted athlete with no brains to go with it.

Northman
06-11-2012, 03:32 PM
he has been productive on defense though, several forced fumbles a year, several pass deflections and many tackles behind the LOS. Not to mention 5 sacks each year for last 2 years.

He's been productive as a tackler, thats not saying much considering how much he is getting paid. Out of 9 years he has 7 FF's. Thats nothing to write home about. As to the sacks, he was ranked 66th in the league last year. Not that impressive to me.

MOtorboat
06-11-2012, 03:49 PM
North, I know for a fact that you have watched tons of Broncos games for many years. After watching this team play defense for the last decade, are you sure they can get just "anyone" to tackle?

Northman
06-11-2012, 03:52 PM
North, I know for a fact that you have watched tons of Broncos games for many years. After watching this team play defense for the last decade, are you sure they can get just "anyone" to tackle?

In the past no. And im ok with DJ's tackling but for people to call him very good just rubs me the wrong way.

NightTerror218
06-11-2012, 04:08 PM
He's been productive as a tackler, thats not saying much considering how much he is getting paid. Out of 9 years he has 7 FF's. Thats nothing to write home about. As to the sacks, he was ranked 66th in the league last year. Not that impressive to me.

He's a Will not a Sam or a DE. he is not suppose to be a sack specialist. But being able to produce sacks helps. He has actually had 13 forced fumbles, 51 stuffs, 20 sacks in his career. He is a tackler but he also makes plays. As for a Will who has more sacks all I can find would be the Steerlers who both OLB had 9 sacks each. You find me a Will who had more sacks.

Zweems56
06-11-2012, 04:21 PM
He's a Will not a Sam or a DE. he is not suppose to be a sack specialist. But being able to produce sacks helps. He has actually had 13 forced fumbles, 51 stuffs, 20 sacks in his career. He is a tackler but he also makes plays. As for a Will who has more sacks all I can find would be the Steerlers who both OLB had 9 sacks each. You find me a Will who had more sacks.

Just so you know, generally speaking in a standard 4-3 defense, it's the Will that rushes the quarterback, and not the Sam. In our case, our Sam rushes the quarterback, but for most teams, the Will is the shiftier player, and as such, the more heavily leaned upon pass rusher. We're in a unique position where our Sam is faster and more explosive than our Will.

NightTerror218
06-11-2012, 04:33 PM
Just so you know, generally speaking in a standard 4-3 defense, it's the Will that rushes the quarterback, and not the Sam. In our case, our Sam rushes the quarterback, but for most teams, the Will is the shiftier player, and as such, the more heavily leaned upon pass rusher. We're in a unique position where our Sam is faster and more explosive than our Will.

Most offenses are a 3-4 where one OLB is the sack specialist and the other is not. Not many teams have Will and Sam both producing sacks.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 04:42 PM
will or sam,
dumb I am.
I'm DJ will I am.

right out of college,
i had the knowledge.
rush and cover.
like a mother,
led my team in tackles,
like no other.

if you love me,
blame on cupid,
'cause it turns out,
I be stoopid.

will or sam,
dumb I am,
I be DJ, will I am.

OrangeFanatic
06-12-2012, 12:07 AM
I'm at loss for words..

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 12:40 AM
I'm at loss for words..an illness I have often had wished apon me.

Cugel
06-12-2012, 09:55 AM
Alfred Williams on the radio yesterday made the following point:

Either this is no big deal at all or they release DJ Williams. Either or. Which means he's going to stay and they're not going to make a huge deal out of this.

Yes he's an idiot. He does incredibly stupid things off the field.

But, you'll notice that he's been on the roster since 2004. He's had a different defensive coordinator almost every single year.

The Broncos have tried at least 3 totally different defensive schemes (4-3, switch to 3-4, switch back to 4-3) and multiple changes in emphasis.

Yet DJ Williams is the ONE constant on their defense for the last 8 years. Other than Champ Bailey there's not one other Denver player still on the team.

Where have you gone Mario Fatafehi, Marco Coleman, Reggie Hayward?

Where are they now, Kelly Herndon, Kenoy Kennedy, John Lynch?

Whither thou, Willie Middlebrooks, Monsanto Pope, Trevor Pryce, Donnie Spragan?

Before you start throwing DJ Williams off the bus, you might stop to remember how long he's played here.

That's not an accident. He has real talent and ability. That's why he's still on the team despite being a perfect bone-head some of the time.

And it's why he's likely to remain. Because talent trumps character.

It's great to have a high character guy like John Lynch. But, as Big Al said "unless you're in jail you can be on the roster and it doesn't matter."

What does matter is how you conduct yourself on the field. And DJ Williams just makes plays.

Is his current league suspension the final straw? Probably not. If it were, he would already have been released.

slim
06-12-2012, 11:45 AM
Alfred also said that DJ is one of the 5 best LB's in Bronco's history. That is a completely asinine thing to say....not surprising since it came from Al.

Northman
06-12-2012, 12:22 PM
Before you start throwing DJ Williams off the bus, you might stop to remember how long he's played here.

That's not an accident. He has real talent and ability. That's why he's still on the team despite being a perfect bone-head some of the time.

Not entirely, he's a good fill in guy. A solid player but not great, not what he is getting paid. And for a long time the surrounding talent around DJ was a LOT worse so that is not saying much since he is still here. Denver is only NOW starting to put bonafide playmakers on this defense. He's a good tackler, thats about it. He's not a playmaker or game changer whatsoever.

MOtorboat
06-12-2012, 12:40 PM
Alfred also said that DJ is one of the 5 best LB's in Bronco's history. That is a completely asinine thing to say....not surprising since it came from Al.

Is it?

Gradishar, Mecklenburg, Wilson, Jackson

Then I'm open for debate.

Cugel
06-12-2012, 12:45 PM
Not entirely, he's a good fill in guy. A solid player but not great, not what he is getting paid. And for a long time the surrounding talent around DJ was a LOT worse so that is not saying much since he is still here. Denver is only NOW starting to put bonafide playmakers on this defense. He's a good tackler, thats about it. He's not a playmaker or game changer whatsoever.

It would be hard for him to be a "game changer" on most of the horrible defenses that Denver has had the last 7 or 8 years.

But, leave that aside. The common fan notion that DJ is just "average" or "a good tackler" is idiotic. He's obviously better than that or they wouldn't have kept him all these years.

Nate Webster who's now looking at a twelve-spot in the slammer was "a good tackler." Nothing more. Mario Hagan was a "good tackler."

The Broncos go through guys like that every couple of years and replace them.

Being a "good tackler" gets you about 3 years in the NFL, not EIGHT years as a starter.

Fans are underestimating DJ Williams because they don't like him. They read about him in the paper doing something stupid like getting a DUI and they say "get rid of the bum!"

Well, he's not in a category with eilte LBs like Clay Matthews or Paul Pozluszny or Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher because those guys can rush the passer, and DJ isn't great at that. But, he's still good.

Good enough to play in the NFL for 10 years.

And you don't get a 10 year career in this league without having outstanding talent. There are too many LBs coming into the league every year for them not to replace him long before now if that wasn't the case.

slim
06-12-2012, 12:49 PM
Is it?

Gradishar, Mecklenburg, Wilson, Jackson

Then I'm open for debate.

Simon Fletcher, Romo, Mobley...just off the top of my head.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 12:53 PM
I personally think DJ is good. He is not a pass rushing specialist and but is still getting sacks. He is getting several FF fumbles a year and is a tackling machine. I think he is way better then Woodyard, more pass breakups, more tackles, gets sacks and can me a game changer. He has made several plays when we needed one on defense.

Northman
06-12-2012, 12:57 PM
But, leave that aside. The common fan notion that DJ is just "average" or "a good tackler" is idiotic.

Not idiotic, just fact.

Well, he's not in a category with eilte LBs like Clay Matthews or Paul Pozluszny or Ray Lewis or Brian Urlacher because those guys can rush the passer, and DJ isn't great at that. But, he's still good.

And thus average/good however you want to label it. But he isnt great like some have tried to paint it. Thats just ridiculous.

Northman
06-12-2012, 12:58 PM
I personally think DJ is good. He is not a pass rushing specialist and but is still getting sacks. He is getting several FF fumbles a year and is a tackling machine. I think he is way better then Woodyard, more pass breakups, more tackles, gets sacks and can me a game changer. He has made several plays when we needed one on defense.

Bwhahahahahahaahahahahahahaha,

Thats who you measure him up against? Really?

MOtorboat
06-12-2012, 01:00 PM
Simon Fletcher, Romo, Mobley...just off the top of my head.

Fletcher for sure, 800 tackles, almost 100 sacks, ok...but...

Romo played six seasons for the Broncos, never registered more than 62 tackles. Did register 23 sacks.

Mobley never registered 100 tackles in 8 seasons and had 10.5 sacks. 600-some tackles total.

In the same eight years, Williams has twice the sacks, more than 200 more tackles and more than twice the forced fumbles.

Maybe not top 5, but he's number six or seven, easily. He has 800 tackles in 8 seasons, 20 sacks, and 15 forced fumbles. That's huge numbers.

Northman
06-12-2012, 01:03 PM
Romo played six seasons for the Broncos, never registered more than 62 tackles. Did register 23 sacks.

18 Ints. Nuff said.

slim
06-12-2012, 01:10 PM
Fletcher for sure, 800 tackles, almost 100 sacks, ok...but...

Mobley never registered 100 tackles in 8 seasons and had 10.5 sacks. 600-some tackles total.

In the same eight years, Williams has twice the sacks, more than 200 more tackles and more than twice the forced fumbles.

Maybe not top 5, but he's number six or seven, easily. He has 800 tackles in 8 seasons, 20 sacks, and 15 forced fumbles. That's huge numbers.

IDK, I would rather have Romo or Mobley on the roster. But maybe that's just me. I can't support it with stats, just my preference.

I will just say that the defense has been a sieve for DJ's entire career. He is partly responsible for that.

I think he is good overall player, but I don't see him as a playmaker or really a difference maker.

slim
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
18 Ints. Nuff said.

Romo was a difference maker.

There is no question (at least in my mind) that he is a better player than DJ.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 01:12 PM
Bwhahahahahahaahahahahahahaha,

Thats who you measure him up against? Really?

That is who his possible replacement is. Dont you keep track of the roster. When DJ was out last season Woodyard playing for him. I choose DJ over him.

Northman
06-12-2012, 01:13 PM
Romo was a difference maker.

There is no question (at least in my mind) that he is a better player than DJ.

Not even close.

Northman
06-12-2012, 01:14 PM
That is who his possible replacement is. Dont you keep track of the roster. When DJ was out last season Woodyard playing for him. I choose DJ over him.

Im just saying that when comparing DJ, Woodyard isnt the best example despite being on the same team. Of course DJ is the better option there. Thats a no brainer. No one said Woodyard was an allstar.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 01:15 PM
Wasn't Romo as MLB not an OLB?

Urlacher/Lewis/Mathews/ Ware are all different positions. Urlacher/Lewis are MLB. Mathews/Ware/ Von Miller are pass rush specialists. You dont have 2 pass rush specialists in a 4-3 at your Mike and Will. So of course he is not going to record all the sacks.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Im just saying that when comparing DJ, Woodyard isnt the best example despite being on the same team. Of course DJ is the better option there. Thats a no brainer. No one said Woodyard was an allstar.

Well people need to look at the whole picture when calling for his head. He may be dumb but look who is going to step up into his spot.

slim
06-12-2012, 01:16 PM
Has DJ ever made a pro bowl? I don't think he has.

He has nice numbers, but I can't help but feel his numbers are skewed....maybe by the amount of time his defenses have spent on the field? IDK, maybe I am just hating on the guy :noidea:

Northman
06-12-2012, 01:19 PM
Well people need to look at the whole picture when calling for his head. He may be dumb but look who is going to step up into his spot.

Who knows, but its not like we would be losing a hall of famer either.

Northman
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
Has DJ ever made a pro bowl? I don't think he has.

He has nice numbers, but I can't help but feel his numbers are skewed....maybe by the amount of time his defenses have spent on the field? IDK, maybe I am just hating on the guy :noidea:

Nah, i see you point. He played around some really bad players so his stats would generally go up because of that.

MOtorboat
06-12-2012, 01:20 PM
IDK, I would rather have Romo or Mobley on the roster. But maybe that's just me. I can't support it with stats, just my preference.

I will just say that the defense has been a sieve for DJ's entire career. He is partly responsible for that.

I think he is good overall player, but I don't see him as a playmaker or really a difference maker.

Fair enough. I could go back and forth on Romo vs. Williams. I'll take Williams over Mobley.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 01:21 PM
maybe people are calling for his head because its the crux of his undesirability.

slim
06-12-2012, 01:23 PM
Not even close.

Romo was also a two-time All Pro.

I think Mobley made an All Pro team at least once.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 01:27 PM
romo was an all time scum bucket.
best remembered and hated as a raider.

slim
06-12-2012, 01:29 PM
romo was an all time scum bucket.
best remembered and hated as a raider.

He helped bring two trophies to Denver.

I love him for that.

Cugel
06-12-2012, 01:41 PM
Not idiotic, just fact.

And thus average/good however you want to label it. But he isnt great like some have tried to paint it. Thats just ridiculous.

I haven't heard ANYBODY on these boards trying to argue that DJ is GREAT.

Is he an impact player due to sacks? Is he a terror as a MLB like Patrick Willis? No.

Is he a solid, good player, with real skills and good enough to start in the NFL for 10 years? Yes.

FOUR head coaches and seven or eight Defensive Coordinators all agreed that DJ was a good NFL starter.

If any of them had disagreed, he'd be GONE. Given all the off-field crap he's done over the years he'd be LONG gone! A marginal player they wouldn't put up with it. A guy who was just a "good tackler" they'd cut or trade him.

The ONLY reason DJ Williams still has a job is that he's a very good LB.

Fans can argue against it but a BUNCH of Broncos coaches over the better part of a decade prove you WRONG!

Northman
06-12-2012, 02:54 PM
Fans can argue against it but a BUNCH of Broncos coaches over the better part of a decade prove you WRONG!

Um no. Just really bad surrounding talent. Try harder.

Cugel
06-12-2012, 03:17 PM
Um no. Just really bad surrounding talent. Try harder.

9/6/2008: D.J. Williams: (http://www.rotoworld.com/teams/contracts/nfl/den/broncos)Signed a six-year, $32 million contract. The deal contains $13 million guaranteed, including a $4.5 million "signing" bonus in the second year and a $3 million roster bonus in the third. 2011: $4.9 million, 2012: $5 million, 2013: $6 million, 2014: Free Agent

He's earning $5 million this year. Elway paid him a $3 million roster bonus last year. His cap space is $7 million for 2012. Money talks and B.S. walks. :coffee:

Northman
06-12-2012, 03:42 PM
Yes, because everyone who is awesome gets big paychecks.

Sincerely,
JaMarcuss Russell

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 03:47 PM

Sincerely,
JaMarcuss Russell

I do believe that was all his rookie contract. he never made it to contract #2

Northman
06-12-2012, 03:48 PM
I do believe that was all his rookie contract. he never made it to contract #2

Doesnt matter, bad players can still make bank.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 03:52 PM
Doesnt matter, bad players can still make bank.

And that is why they have a rookie scale now. But he must have skills to get that size of contract AFTER his rookie one.

Northman
06-12-2012, 03:53 PM
And that is why they have a rookie scale now. But he must have skills to get that size of contract AFTER his rookie one.

Or like i said, he is average but better than most of the guys he used to play with. But clearly he isnt "Great" as you try to paint him. Huge difference.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 04:02 PM
Or like i said, he is average but better than most of the guys he used to play with. But clearly he isnt "Great" as you try to paint him. Huge difference.

I never used the word "great once". I said he is good and I do think he is good. He is better then average or he would not be a starter and would have been replaced.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 04:21 PM
By the way 90% of over payed players are draft pick busts. Ryan leaf, Jawalrus Russel and many more were all busts. Bad players dont make it to their 2nd contracts and most who do make "bank". I would gladly make NFL minimum compared to what I make.

I would say over payed players tend to be one who dont live up to their hype or what they did before. LIKE...Ty Warren. He was signed and got injured and may not live up to his contract price. That is the only way I see a player (who is not a raider) over paid. Sometimes there are bidding wars for players and the need for that position puts the price higher then the talent.

Dean
06-12-2012, 04:26 PM
DJ shouldn't have posted the page of alignments and man coverage assignments for running a 43 against a TE or motion flanker. As coach Fox implies being on the social media you are not going to come out unscathed.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/06/12/john-fox-dj-williams-playbook-tweet-damage-defense/13975/

I am not sure that there is really anything here. Move along people.

NightTerror218
06-12-2012, 04:27 PM
DJ shouldn't have posted the page of alignments and man coverage assignments for running a 43 against a TE or motion flanker. As coach Fox implies being on the social media you are not going to come out unscathed.

http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/06/12/john-fox-dj-williams-playbook-tweet-damage-defense/13975/

I am not sure that there is really anything here. Move along people.

He is still our starter at Will, no changes.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 05:01 PM
DJ is stoopid.
not a revelation to the broncos.
moving forward.

Northman
06-12-2012, 05:18 PM

Thats because champ isnt that stupid.

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 06:57 PM
will or sam,
dumb I am.
I'm DJ will I am.

right out of college,
i had the knowledge.
rush and cover.
like a mother,
led my team in tackles,
like no other.

if you love me,
blame on cupid,
'cause it turns out,
I be stoopid.

will or sam,
dumb I am,
I be DJ, will I am.bump

Cugel
06-13-2012, 07:13 AM

Sincerely,
JaMarcuss Russell

JaWalrus Russell was paid a huge bonus because he was the FIRST PICK OF THE NFL DRAFT! Rookies prior to the new CBA got enormous salaries, and top 10 rookies got even more. By the time he proved to be a bust, it was too late. He'd already been paid his signing bonus and guaranteed money.

That was the system. It couldn't possibly be MORE different from the D.J. Williams situation. Like comparing Apples and Star-fish!

D.J. Williams is turning 30 this year. He's been in the league since 2004. The regime that drafted him is LOOOOONG gone. Ted Sundquist is gone. Shanahan is in D.C.

He's been through 4 different head-coaches and something like EIGHT defensive coordinators. If he wasn't really good he'd be Long GONE, because he keeps doing stupid things off the field. And teams won't put up with that for a marginal player.

You heard Coach Fox yesterday in the media:

It was a significant breach in NFL protocol. But after the Broncos' minicamp practice Tuesday, coach John Fox suggested the incident was no big deal. (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20842037/twitter-gaffe-by-d-j-williams-addressed-by)

"We addressed it. All in all, our guys do a great job keeping our fans informed," Fox said. "You're going to have a couple mishaps and you just move on."

At the Broncos' team meeting Monday night, players were reminded to be careful about how they use social media.

Translation: They're not happy about it, but they're not going to fire him over it. His job is going to be evaluated by his play on the field.

And not whether fans don't like him because he gets in the news for stupid things.

Northman
06-13-2012, 07:33 AM
Translation: They're not happy about it, but they're not going to fire him over it. His job is going to be evaluated by his play on the field.

And not whether fans don't like him because he gets in the news for stupid things.

And?

Who cares if he gets fired or not. Doesnt make him any less stupid. lmao

LTC Pain
06-13-2012, 09:39 AM
And?

Who cares if he gets fired or not. Doesnt make him any less stupid. lmao

10-4. Stupid is as stupid does. And DJ did it.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 10:01 AM
Like comparing Apples and Star-fish!
a red delicious (apple variety )has five points at the bpttom of its base, just like a starfish.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 10:04 AM
I think DJ knew that the play being shown wouldn't make a damn bit of difference to anything at all. Was it smart, no...but the only real dumb part is not realizing just how much the fan-base would over-react to something so simple.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 10:55 AM
I hear all the bronco personnel saying "it wont matter'
"no harm done"
yet, I dont hear a sigle one saying,
'it was NOT stupid"
or use any form of the word "foregiveness"

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
I hear all the bronco personnel saying "it wont matter'
"no harm done"
yet, I dont hear a sigle one saying,
'it was NOT stupid"
or use any form of the word "foregiveness"

Thats because they probably don't think there is anything to "forgive." Its not like he jeopordized anything or caused anyone any harm. He didn't hurt the Broncos. He didn't hurt their defense, the scheme, or any playcalling. He didn't do anything that would require them to "forgive" him in the least. THats something the "fans" feel they need. Not his friends.

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 10:59 AM
Zam, I don't think there's a single person disputing that Williams' actions weren't dumb.

Buff
06-13-2012, 12:09 PM
Thats because they probably don't think there is anything to "forgive." Its not like he jeopordized anything or caused anyone any harm. He didn't hurt the Broncos. He didn't hurt their defense, the scheme, or any playcalling. He didn't do anything that would require them to "forgive" him in the least. THats something the "fans" feel they need. Not his friends.

This is 100% false. He breached company and team policies. He violated an unwritten rule in football that has been around since the beginning of time, which is that you guard your playbook like it contains top secret national security information. It garnered national attention because of the egregious disregard for both written and unwritten rules....

AND... This is all coming from a guy with ongoing legal and trust issues.

Again, it's not that our defense is compromised as a result of his actions... Its that this incident is symbolic of his inability to make good decisions.

NightTerror218
06-13-2012, 12:21 PM
This is 100% false. He breached company and team policies. He violated an unwritten rule in football that has been around since the beginning of time, which is that you guard your playbook like it contains top secret national security information. It garnered national attention because of the egregious disregard for both written and unwritten rules....

AND... This is all coming from a guy with ongoing legal and trust issues.

Again, it's not that our defense is compromised as a result of his actions... Its that this incident is symbolic of his inability to make good decisions.

Apparently is is not as big of an issue at this point in time since no action has been taken against DJ.

Buff
06-13-2012, 12:28 PM
Apparently is is not as big of an issue at this point in time since no action has been taken against DJ.

That doesn't mean he didn't receive a tongue lashing, or a private fine behind closed doors. We have a smart coaching staff and front office these days who knows they have nothing to gain by throwing DJ under the bus publicly. They also want to win games and know he's already facing a significant unrelated suspension from the league.

Mike Klis said that the team was "ticked off" at DJ.

NightTerror218
06-13-2012, 12:29 PM
That doesn't mean he didn't receive a tongue lashing, or a private fine behind closed doors. We have a smart coaching staff and front office these days who knows they have nothing to gain by throwing DJ under the bus publicly. They also want to win games and know he's already facing a significant unrelated suspension from the league.

If he was an "average" player he would be gone.

MOtorboat
06-13-2012, 12:30 PM

It's certainly feasible, as well, that once the NFL stuff is settled, the Broncos could decide to sit him for a half for this mistake, too.

Buff
06-13-2012, 12:32 PM
It's certainly feasible, as well, that once the NFL stuff is settled, the Broncos could decide to sit him for a half for this mistake, too.

Not out of the realm of possibility, but I sort of doubt it, since most team-imposed punishments are usually monetary in the NFL. I think there is a school of thought that sitting one of your better players punishes the rest of the team in addition to the guilty party. Fine him and be done with it.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 12:48 PM

It doesn't mean they feel the need to proclaim "forgiveness" for such action. I'm sure he may have been "tongue lashed." Ok. But does that mean its something that needs forgiving??

This action has NOTHING to do with his football knowledge, nor his standing with the team. It won't compromise his position, it won't compromise his place, and it won't compromise his STARTING role.

You can feel that this is a HUGE deal, and I'm sure it is to some fans regarding DJ because thats what people do with DJ around here... bash. But the truth of the matter is, this isn't as big of a deal s the FANS want to make it.

Buff
06-13-2012, 01:07 PM
It doesn't mean they feel the need to proclaim "forgiveness" for such action. I'm sure he may have been "tongue lashed." Ok. But does that mean its something that needs forgiving??

This action has NOTHING to do with his football knowledge, nor his standing with the team. It won't compromise his position, it won't compromise his place, and it won't compromise his STARTING role.

You can feel that this is a HUGE deal, and I'm sure it is to some fans regarding DJ because thats what people do with DJ around here... bash. But the truth of the matter is, this isn't as big of a deal s the FANS want to make it.

Again, the story is not "6 plays of Denver Playbook Exposed!"

The story is "DJ Williams still unable or unwilling to follow the rules"

You're right - it's NOT that big of a deal. But it becomes a big deal because it's DJ and he has shown a propensity to bring unwanted scrutiny upon himself and his team.

Cugel
06-13-2012, 01:31 PM
Like comparing Apples and Star-fish!
a red delicious (apple variety )has five points at the bpttom of its base, just like a starfish.

One of the most FEEBLE attempted rebuttals ever. :coffee:

A starfish is an ANIMAL.
An apple is the fruit of a PLANT.

Plants & Animals haven't had a common ancestor in the last 600 million years.

DJ Williams is a Bronco because he has talent. His cap hit is $7 million this season and the current Broncos staff has ZERO to do with drafting or signing him so they have ZERO investment in DJ. They would fire him in a minute if they didn't think he produces enough to justify his contract. They aren't firing him.

Hence, they think he's worth $7 million a year.

JaWalrus Russell on the other-hand is a FORMER NFL player who got a big contract because he was the #1 draft pick and who is no longer in the NFL because he SUCKED. Bad.

There is no comparison at all, hence it is idiotic to compare them.

I'm beginning to think that a starfish might have a rung up the evolutionary ladder compared with Zambini.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-13-2012, 01:36 PM
from article:

A: Williams, a veteran linebacker, recently posted some images from the Broncos' new electronic playbook on his Twitter account. It was a significant breach in NFL protocol. But after the Broncos' minicamp practice Tuesday, coach John Fox suggested the incident was no big deal.

"We addressed it. All in all, our guys do a great job keeping our fans informed," Fox said. "You're going to have a couple mishaps and you just move on."

At the Broncos' team meeting Monday night, players were reminded to be careful about how they use social media.

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20842037/twitter-gaffe-by-d-j-williams-addressed-by?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What DJ posted was splashed all over the internet on many different sites. IMO, PUBLICALLY, Coach Fox had no choice but to downplay this, to make it appear that it was no big deal. No one knows if those were major defensive plays which DJ exposed or not. They could have been, since we have a new defensive coordinator.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 02:20 PM
from article:

full article - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20842037/twitter-gaffe-by-d-j-williams-addressed-by?source=rss&utm_source=dlvr.it&utm_medium=twitter

What DJ posted was splashed all over the internet on many different sites. IMO, PUBLICALLY, Coach Fox had no choice but to downplay this, to make it appear that it was no big deal. No one knows if those were major defensive plays which DJ exposed or not. They could have been, since we have a new defensive coordinator.

I agree, Fox would certainly downplay everything.

However, they were simple defensive plays...but even if they were the most complex plays in the entire playbook, it wouldn't matter. No way that KNOWING a defensive play would in any way give the opposing team any idea as to how/when/where or what situation it would be implemented. I can know the opposing team's entire playbook, but still wouldnt know when they are calling certain plays.

It's like the game of chess. There are only so many moves a guy can make on his entire board of moves, but infinite combinations.

Northman
06-13-2012, 04:56 PM
I agree, Fox would certainly downplay everything.

However, they were simple defensive plays...but even if they were the most complex plays in the entire playbook, it wouldn't matter. No way that KNOWING a defensive play would in any way give the opposing team any idea as to how/when/where or what situation it would be implemented. I can know the opposing team's entire playbook, but still wouldnt know when they are calling certain plays.

It's like the game of chess. There are only so many moves a guy can make on his entire board of moves, but infinite combinations.

Still VERY VERY VERY stupid.

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 05:18 PM
everyone is downplaying the impact.
NO-ONE is downplaying the stupid.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2012, 10:38 AM
Commissioner Roger Goodell sent a memo to all 32 teams asking them to reinforce the dangers of driving while impaired.

In light of recent DUI incidents, Goodell is expected to seek harsh penalties for players charged in alcohol-related incidents. At present, players are fined the equivalent of a game check up to $50,000, but Goodell hopes to increase the punishment as part of the new substance-abuse policy. That policy would be enacted when the league and NFLPA find middle ground in their ongoing debate on HGH testing.

The memo, published by CBS Sports, also instructs team officials to remind players to avoid "trouble spots and places that don't provide adequate security" but "don't try to provide your own security by carrying a weapon."

rest - including what memo stated - http://nwe.scout.com/a.z?s=121&p=9&c=2&cid=1194875&nid=6264601&fhn=1

Chef Zambini
06-14-2012, 10:49 AM
the memo went on to suggest,
"use your HEAD as a weapon against bad decisions."
to which DJ replied
"but what if i has an unloaded weapon? "

Denver Native (Carol)
06-14-2012, 12:38 PM
At Broncos minicamp practice, when the offense ran inside, No. 55 of the defense was outside.

That's exactly where D.J. Williams belongs.

His position should be: Left Out.

Nobody seems to be willing to say it out loud, but Williams no longer deserves to play for the new Broncos. He's part of the old problem.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/paige/ci_20852836/woody-paige-d-j-williams-needs-tackle-his?source=rss

Northman
06-14-2012, 12:48 PM
Besides everything else, Williams looked lost in the first mandatory workout Tuesday. He ought to have brought his "flashcards" and referred to them before plays in seven-on- seven drills.

Ohhhhhh, i understand now. DJ wasnt posting them online out of bad judgement. He just didnt understand defense and was asking for help online. My apologies DJ.

Chef Zambini
06-14-2012, 01:53 PM
sounds like DJ could miss as many as 10 games this season due to suspensions.
and WOODY is hoping its more ! rarely does the woodman throw current broncos under the bus. i DJs case it sounds like woody wants to take the wheel !

NightTerror218
06-14-2012, 01:54 PM
well DJ is on OTAs today and tipped a manning pass that Mays intercepted. So he is not on the sidelines.

I think he will beat the 6 game substance suspension though.

Jsteve01
06-14-2012, 05:55 PM
His teammates and coaches seem really concerned

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/06/12/defense-playbook-tweet-much-ado-about-nothing/

Ravage!!!
06-15-2012, 12:38 PM
His teammates and coaches seem really concerned

http://www.maxdenver.com/news/2012/06/12/defense-playbook-tweet-much-ado-about-nothing/

I think Bailey says it best

“Of course people are going to blow it up because the NFL is so sacred,” Bailey said. “It’s just funny how people are going to react to any NFL news. It was really overblown, but at the same time, got to be careful about that kind of stuff because people take it the wrong way.”

Players have to be careful because of how the FANS are going to over-react and make it a much more overblown situation than it really is. Thats exactly what happened. The FANS are the ones blowing this completely out of proportion. Its what fans (of all sports and all fanbases) do.

Simple Jaded
06-15-2012, 09:44 PM
sounds like DJ could miss as many as 10 games this season due to suspensions.
and WOODY is hoping its more ! rarely does the woodman throw current broncos under the bus. i DJs case it sounds like woody wants to take the wheel !

Woody Paige? Really?.......

NightTerror218
06-18-2012, 12:41 PM
BW on ESPN has 2 broncos in the top 4 LBs in the AFC West top 22, yes it knows its just BW but still

#2- Von Miller
#4 Dj Williams
#16 Mays
#17 Wesley Woodyard
#21 Nate Irving

http://espn.go.com/blog/afcwest/post/_/id/44868/ranking-the-afc-west-linebackers

Fullback32
06-19-2012, 11:02 AM
Apparently D.J. stands for Dumb Jock.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-21-2012, 05:24 PM
Update on the drug suspension:

DENVER—A federal judge has dismissed a complaint filed by Denver Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams against the NFL, who was seeking to overturn his drug suspension.

Attorney Peter Ginsberg said Thursday that Williams would appeal the decision.

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20910294/judge-dismisses-suspended-broncos-players-suit#ixzz1yT6XBleW

Apparently, a Federal Judge doesn't think DJ has a case. Looks more and more likely that he will be suspended. Obviously, a conviction on his DUI will probably tack on even more suspension time. Probably 4 games. He might not suit up for the team until week 10 or later. Awesome. :coffee:

topscribe
06-21-2012, 06:58 PM
Still VERY VERY VERY stupid.
Which seems to be his M.O. :tsk:

Northman
06-21-2012, 07:25 PM
Which seems to be his M.O. :tsk:

I hope no midgets were offended by that comment Top. lol

Cugel
06-22-2012, 09:11 AM
Update on the drug suspension:

http://www.denverpost.com/breakingnews/ci_20910294/judge-dismisses-suspended-broncos-players-suit#ixzz1yT6XBleW

Apparently, a Federal Judge doesn't think DJ has a case. Looks more and more likely that he will be suspended. Obviously, a conviction on his DUI will probably tack on even more suspension time. Probably 4 games. He might not suit up for the team until week 10 or later. Awesome. :coffee:

Wrong. A federal judge dismissed the complaint as "Moot." This is a PROCEDURAL ruling, NOT a ruling on the merits. It has a lot more to do with arguments concerning the NFL's right to enforce policy under the CBA than the MERITS of Williams argument that due to faulty testing and improper handling of the urine sample the drug test itself was faulty.

I don't know whether this argument was valid, but you "the police accused him so he must be guilty" idiots don't know either.

I'll repeat. This was NOT a ruling based on the validity or lack thereof of William's claims -- it was NOT a ruling based on the merits of the case at all.

The judge declined to hear the case on procedural grounds -- WITHOUT ruling on whether Williams was right or wrong in his accusations against the NFL. His suit was apparently precluded under NFL rules or he lacked standing to bring it. Period.

You can all get off your high horses and stop the "presumption of guilt" bandwagon. NONE of you has the slightest idea whether D.J. was guilty or not.

False positive drug tests happen all the time, especially if there's improper handling and chain of custody problems. That doesn't mean D.J. is innocent. It doesn't mean he's guilty. The NFL simply is acting like a bureaucracy in enforcing it's bureaucratic procedures and protecting its power against players.

The evidence we've heard in the media strongly suggested that the handling procedures were extremely faulty, but NFL Players may well lack standing to sue in federal court to redress any problems.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-22-2012, 09:51 AM
Wrong. A federal judge dismissed the complaint as "Moot." This is a PROCEDURAL ruling, NOT a ruling on the merits. It has a lot more to do with arguments concerning the NFL's right to enforce policy under the CBA than the MERITS of Williams argument that due to faulty testing and improper handling of the urine sample the drug test itself was faulty.

I don't know whether this argument was valid, but you "the police accused him so he must be guilty" idiots don't know either.

I'll repeat. This was NOT a ruling based on the validity or lack thereof of William's claims -- it was NOT a ruling based on the merits of the case at all.

The judge declined to hear the case on procedural grounds -- WITHOUT ruling on whether Williams was right or wrong in his accusations against the NFL. His suit was apparently precluded under NFL rules or he lacked standing to bring it. Period.

You can all get off your high horses and stop the "presumption of guilt" bandwagon. NONE of you has the slightest idea whether D.J. was guilty or not.

False positive drug tests happen all the time, especially if there's improper handling and chain of custody problems. That doesn't mean D.J. is innocent. It doesn't mean he's guilty. The NFL simply is acting like a bureaucracy in enforcing it's bureaucratic procedures and protecting its power against players.

The evidence we've heard in the media strongly suggested that the handling procedures were extremely faulty, but NFL Players may well lack standing to sue in federal court to redress any problems.

Seeing as how both Ryan McBean and Virgil Green who both were tested in the same batch have accepted their suspensions, I doubt Williams' case holds much water - no pun intended. Perhaps if Williams hand't had a DUI, then a second DUI, then posted pictures of his confidential playbook on Twitter, I'd be more inclined to believe that he didn't make a bad decision to take PEDs.

Chef Zambini
06-22-2012, 09:58 AM
hold water, nice.

Chef Zambini
06-22-2012, 10:00 AM
hte broncos would be foolish to be counting on DJ for this season.
they should take away his playbook before he sells it on EBAY.

Ravage!!!
06-22-2012, 10:04 AM
Seeing as how both Ryan McBean and Virgil Green who both were tested in the same batch have accepted their suspensions, I doubt Williams' case holds much water - no pun intended. Perhaps if Williams hand't had a DUI, then a second DUI, then posted pictures of his confidential playbook on Twitter, I'd be more inclined to believe that he didn't make a bad decision to take PEDs.

I see what you are saying, 56. But one thing doesn't make a difference to the other. Just because the others have "accepted" anything, doesn't mean much. They could have simply sat back and waited to see how DJ's cased turned out. Let him file the case, knowing THEIR case is basically being tried THROUGH him. Not to mention, just because you "accept" that the commish is going to suspend you doesn't mean William's case doesn't hold water as to how it was handled.

Also, drinking and driving have nothing to do with PEDs....its not even the same mind-process.

Northman
06-22-2012, 10:29 AM

Including your stupid ass.

HORSEPOWER 56
06-22-2012, 01:54 PM
I see what you are saying, 56. But one thing doesn't make a difference to the other. Just because the others have "accepted" anything, doesn't mean much. They could have simply sat back and waited to see how DJ's cased turned out. Let him file the case, knowing THEIR case is basically being tried THROUGH him. Not to mention, just because you "accept" that the commish is going to suspend you doesn't mean William's case doesn't hold water as to how it was handled.

Also, drinking and driving have nothing to do with PEDs....its not even the same mind-process.

I agree that one has little to do with the other, nor do they have anything to do with posting your playbook on the internet, but the one thing they do have in common is decision making. DJ makes poor decisions almost at the rate that Brandon Marshall does. Marshall, even though he is a much better player at his position, is no longer here because of those decisions. DJ has been coddled and given a pass for almost all of his indiscretions. His second DUI got him stripped of his Captaincy, but he has yet to be suspended by the league for any of his poor decisions until this PED thing (which is mandatory). Heck after his second DUI, how long did he sit? IIRC, McDaniels made him sit out the 1st half of a game as punishment. That's all he's gotten for all of the problems he's caused... one half of one game.

I have little doubt that judge in his upcoming DUI trial will have no sympathy for him and I strongly doubt he'll get out of the PED suspension. If he's lucky, they might cut the PED suspension to 4 games, but I doubt it with his track record. If he is convicted of his DUI, he will get another suspension added on top. Like it or not, nobody is going to give him the benefit of the doubt in any of his upcoming hearings. Either he's innocent beyond a shadow of a doubt and can prove it, or he will be punished. He's now labeled himself as a repeat offender and no judge in his right mind is going to take pity on him (unless he happens to be a huge Broncos fan and an even bigger DJ Williams fan).

I just don't see him getting out of either of his two upcoming potential suspension/conviction.

rationalfan
06-22-2012, 03:27 PM
ooohhhh, this thread just got interesting again.

also, i suddenly find it amusing that a bunch of message board idiots (myself included) are trying to determine if DJ is dumb or unfortunate.

Ziggy
06-22-2012, 03:31 PM
So DJ will get six games to start the season, and then probably another six or more for the DUI. I sure hope that either Trevathan or Irving pans out as a starting OLB. Woodyard is a solid backup and nickel LB, but we need a run stuffer at WLB.

Slick
06-22-2012, 03:52 PM
ooohhhh, this thread just got interesting again.

also, i suddenly find it amusing that a bunch of message board idiots (myself included) are trying to determine if DJ is dumb or unfortunate.

Any idiot can plainly see DJ has done some pretty stupid stuff lately.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-22-2012, 09:45 PM
Considering Broncos linebacker D.J. Williams wasn't afraid to take on the NFL, it should be no surprise he did not accept a judge's decision to dismiss his lawsuit against the league.

Williams filed an appeal Friday to the U.S. District Court, District of Colorado's decision to dismiss his lawsuit against the league. His lawsuit was dismissed Thursday by Judge Christine Arguello.

Absent an appeal, Williams would have to begin the 2012 season by serving a six-game suspension for violating the league's anabolic steroid and related substances policy. The league claimed Williams manipulated his specimen.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20919174/broncos-d-j-williams-appeals-decision-dismiss-nfl

Softskull
06-25-2012, 07:08 PM
I sorta fits here. It's such a great quote about Goodell:

“Fellas, don’t get it twisted,” Vick said, via Jeff Darlington of NFL Network. “This man is the real deal. He don’t play. If he asks you a question, answer with honesty. Tell him the truth. If you get into some trouble, be honest, truthful, forthright. Don’t play with this man. He’ll love you to death, but the minute you cross him, he’ll be all the way turned up.”

Simple Jaded
06-25-2012, 09:56 PM
I sorta fits here. It's such a great quote about Goodell:

“Fellas, don’t get it twisted,” Vick said, via Jeff Darlington of NFL Network. “This man is the real deal. He don’t play. If he asks you a question, answer with honesty. Tell him the truth. If you get into some trouble, be honest, truthful, forthright. Don’t play with this man. He’ll love you to death, but the minute you cross him, he’ll be all the way turned up.”
I have no problem with Roger Goodell, I know I'm in the minority but l think he's just what the NFL needs.......

Ravage!!!
06-26-2012, 10:36 AM
I think Goodell is ruining football as we know it. I completely dislike the man.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 12:24 PM
I think goodell is the best commish of the 4 major sports in america.

Ravage!!!
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
I think Goodell is the WORST commish in the major sports in america.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 12:26 PM
david stern is the devil
the other 2 are inept morons.

Canmore
06-26-2012, 12:27 PM

So many poor choices, it is hard to choose.

Chef Zambini
06-26-2012, 12:31 PM
perhaps a GOODELL thread is needed.

Jsteve01
06-26-2012, 03:51 PM

Ever heard of David Stern? Or how's about the Selig cover up? I'm not impressed with the New Orleans bounty debacle but Goodell is far from the worst in sports.

Buff
06-26-2012, 04:26 PM
David Stern is an insufferable know-it-all. By far my least favorite commissioner.

Simple Jaded
06-26-2012, 08:57 PM
Right now most people have the opinion that Goodell is too heavy handed but wait til Brandon Marshall finally goes too far and those same people will be saying Goodell hasn't done his job.......

Buff
07-12-2012, 08:37 AM
bump

topscribe
07-12-2012, 08:41 AM
Right now most people have the opinion that Goodell is too heavy handed but wait til Brandon Marshall finally goes too far and those same people will be saying Goodell hasn't done his job.......
That seems such a thankless job, the one I would least like to have, were I in football . . .

MOtorboat
07-12-2012, 09:16 AM
bump

I must have missed something...

BroncoNut
07-12-2012, 09:17 AM
I think goodell is the best commish of the 4 major sports in america.

because he's the only Jewish one.

MOtorboat
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
lol, nm ...idiot.

Northman
07-12-2012, 09:24 AM
Any questions? lmao

BigDaddyBronco
07-12-2012, 09:33 AM
Dumb as a box of rocks...

jhildebrand
07-12-2012, 11:55 AM
because he's the only Jewish one.

Stern is Jewish too.

slim
07-12-2012, 01:09 PM
So dumb....

Slick
09-28-2012, 02:56 PM
Tack 2 to 3 more games to DJ's suspension.

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_21649382/broncos-d-j-williams-meets-nfl-about-further

I wonder how his team mates feel about him right now. He really has hurt the team with the off the field stuff.

Ravage!!!
09-28-2012, 04:29 PM
How they feel about him? I'm betting they feel about him like they do any family member that goes through some difficulties. I'm betting that they are wanting him back and are supporting of him through his suspension.

I don't know about you guys, but most REAL friends, family members, and teammates simply don't bail on you purely because you messed up. Teammates feel as though they are family with each other. They won't be anything else other than supportive of him. Its the fans that will crucify him.

Buff
09-28-2012, 04:34 PM
How they feel about him? I'm betting they feel about him like they do any family member that goes through some difficulties. I'm betting that they are wanting him back and are supporting of him through his suspension.

I don't know about you guys, but most REAL friends, family members, and teammates simply don't bail on you purely because you messed up. Teammates feel as though they are family with each other. They won't be anything else other than supportive of him. Its the fans that will crucify him.

Well, that's a little touchy feely for an NFL franchise. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle - I imagine veterans who want to win aren't super thrilled with DJ the person and decision-maker, but they know he is a talented athlete and will welcome him back when his suspension is over.

DJ got a big $$ deal - so there is probably some resentment from certain teammates who feel like he might not have been deserving.

Chef Zambini
09-28-2012, 09:35 PM
I loved DJ as a rookie. He has had several issues on and off the field and has bounced around more than a ping-pong ball with so many different DCs
what is it now, SEVEN?
I was always willing to give DJ the 'benefit of the doubt"
Now I doubt there is any benefit.
sorry DJ, too much stoopid stuff off the field.

Dzone
09-29-2012, 01:18 AM
here you go Rex
http://i300.photobucket.com/albums/nn11/malibubluff/wonka.jpg

Slick
09-29-2012, 08:47 AM
We're not just talking about one screw up, Rav. 2 DUIs or 2 DWAIs I forget which, the whizzinator incident, tweeting playbook photos...

I don't hate the guy but the thread title says it all.

We sure could use him on the field right now.

HORSEPOWER 56
09-29-2012, 09:20 AM
The players may see it, as Rav said, as a family member or friend who is dealing with a problem, but they also understand that it's a job. Make no mistake, they know it's a job, they know that they're short handed at LB right now, and they know that DJ isn't there due to bad decisions (numerous ones). His suspension isn't like Mays' where Mays' happened at work while trying to do his job and got carried away. DJ's suspensions were self induced due to selfishness.

I'm sure there's some animosity there. Will they be glad to have him back after week 9? Probably. Has he given the team every reason to question his loyalty to the team and his teammates? Absolutely. Right now, DJ isn't doing his job, period.

Ravage!!!
09-29-2012, 10:07 AM
Well, that's a little touchy feely for an NFL franchise. I think the truth lies somewhere in the middle - I imagine veterans who want to win aren't super thrilled with DJ the person and decision-maker, but they know he is a talented athlete and will welcome him back when his suspension is over.

DJ got a big $$ deal - so there is probably some resentment from certain teammates who feel like he might not have been deserving.

Maybe. But I think you are pretty wrong on the "touchy feely for a NFL franchise." These guys DO, absolutely, think of each other as family. Especially those that have been around a while. They go each others family funerals. Pray with each other, fight with each other, and battle side by side with each other.

As far as the money goes. The only people that think the money paid to DJ then is "owed" to the team, is the fans. The players actually know its a business, and aren't going to judge DJ on the paycheck he gets. Thats strictly a fan thing.

Simple Jaded
09-29-2012, 10:28 PM
From what I understand Williams is very well liked among his teammates.......