PDA

View Full Version : Only Osweiler, Hillman and Prater unsigned among Broncos

Denver Native (Carol)
06-07-2012, 02:32 PM
The Broncos have all 90 players signed except for kicker Matt Prater, second-round quarterback Brock Osweiler and third-round running back Ronnie Hillman.

Prater is franchise-tagged free agent who is trying to convert his $2.6 million tendered salary into a five-year extension.

rest - http://blogs.denverpost.com/broncos/2012/06/07/osweiler-hillman-unsigned-draft-picks/13937/

drewloc
06-07-2012, 02:42 PM
Let's get this done! Especially Prater as he's been money for us.

bcbronc
06-07-2012, 03:12 PM
Hmmm, if we can't get Prater inked maybe Vanderyank is available. Most accurate regular season kicker of all time!

slim
06-07-2012, 03:34 PM
Os and Hillman have been participating in OTAs, but they haven't signed a contract?

That doesn't seem right.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 03:37 PM
people act like prater is not going to kick FG s for us THIS season, nothing can be further from the truth! he has been TAGGED he will be paid amongst the top 5 kickers in the entire NFL ! if he holds out we will own his rights for NEXT year too, so all he has done is kept a few million dollars out of his pocket !
Hillman and OS, these two should be greatful for their selections and opportunities and sign on the dotted line ! if they cant get their AGENTS to figure that out they should FIRE their agents and find one that negotiates with a sense of REALITY !
for now they are both in 'camp' but the new CBA restricts them from being apart of full contact if they are NOT under contract !

topscribe
06-07-2012, 05:30 PM
lol - The only players who haven't signed are two of the first three selected in
this year's draft and the guy whose clutch kicking was the difference in three
or four games last year.

What a relief!

Simple Jaded
06-07-2012, 08:19 PM
Apparently Osweiler wants to be paid like a late 1st, early 2nd round pick, hopefully that's his agent talking.......

MOtorboat
06-07-2012, 08:28 PM
Os and Hillman have been participating in OTAs, but they haven't signed a contract?

That doesn't seem right.

Rookies have participated in OTAs for years and not signed til July. The new rules have just highlighted this, with so many signing early.

Jsteve01
06-07-2012, 08:52 PM
Not to be overly negative but with the new CBa. Shouldn't these deals be cake? Maybe our rookie front office is struggling in that area. Mike Adams signed a month ago

MOtorboat
06-07-2012, 09:01 PM
Not to be overly negative but with the new CBa. Shouldn't these deals be cake? Maybe our rookie front office is struggling in that area. Mike Adams signed a month ago

Mike Adams isn't a rookie.

Jsteve01
06-07-2012, 09:14 PM
Right mo mike Adams ot. From osu isn't a rookie. What was I thinking

http://www.steelers.com/news/article-1/Steelers-Sign-Second-Round-Pick-Mike-Adams/b1840cf1-7a85-4fcc-9db4-33a2973ca663

Jsteve01
06-07-2012, 09:16 PM
So if you're having a hard time following this line of thinking. He's the player that the Steelers picked one slot before osweiler

MOtorboat
06-07-2012, 09:17 PM
Yeah, you probably should have clarified.

Mike Adams is a safety for the Broncos.

Jsteve01
06-07-2012, 09:32 PM
I know sorry man. I'm on my mobile and get lazy. Sorry for being a dick. No sleep last night.

Mannway187
06-08-2012, 09:29 AM
I know sorry man. I'm on my mobile and get lazy. Sorry for being a dick. No sleep last night.

NO SLEEP?? Are you headed to Brooklyn to see Timmy toss grounders to the Jets infield?

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 09:41 AM
Apparently Osweiler wants to be paid like a late 1st, early 2nd round pick, hopefully that's his agent talking.......his agent knows JE is enamoured with him, has bet the future on him, sacrificed the present on him, so he thinks he has JE and the broncos over a barrel.
he is acting like an agent !
these guys can be a part of voluntary OTAs but the new CBa PROHIbITS THEM FROM PARTICIPATING in real camp with real contact.

TXBRONC
06-08-2012, 10:22 AM
his agent knows JE is enamoured with him, has bet the future on him, sacrificed the present on him, so he thinks he has JE and the broncos over a barrel.
these guys can be a part of voluntary OTAs but the new CBa PROHIbITS THEM FROM PARTICIPATING in real camp with real contact.

I guess you forgot there is something called a rookie scale.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 02:12 PM
I forgot? I am not the one holding up the proceedings.
but blame me if you must.
I heard a rumor that Os wants to move to safety.

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 02:14 PM
I think ONLY the first round draftees are "slotted" and its open season on the rest.
I could be wrong.
length of contract, incentives, lots of crap still to be worked out, signing bonus etc.

Simple Jaded
06-11-2012, 02:09 AM
his agent knows JE is enamoured with him, has bet the future on him, sacrificed the present on him, so he thinks he has JE and the broncos over a barrel.
This post makes it sound like it's John Elway's fault that Osweiler's agent is a F'n idiot.......

TXBRONC
06-11-2012, 06:03 AM
I think ONLY the first round draftees are "slotted" and its open season on the rest.
I could be wrong.
length of contract, incentives, lots of crap still to be worked out, signing bonus etc.

Open season? If you're trying say that a second rounder could make more than a first rounder that would be wrong.

TXBRONC
06-11-2012, 06:10 AM
This post makes it sound like it's John Elway's fault that Osweiler's agent is a F'n idiot.......

Could be that Osweiler's agent is an idiot but then again it could any number of other things.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 09:59 AM
This post makes it sound like it's John Elway's fault that Osweiler's agent is a F'n idiot.......no it does not.
it makes the agent sound like a typoical agent. and it portrays OS and an unapreciative punk who is not in control of his agent and unappreciative of the opportunity that is ahead of him..
It makes JE sound like he is being punished for his unbrideled enthusiasm and public support of OS while defending his selection. The agent is trying to take advantage of the situation.

MOtorboat
06-11-2012, 10:28 AM
no it does not.
it makes the agent sound like a typoical agent. and it portrays OS and an unapreciative punk who is not in control of his agent and unappreciative of the opportunity that is ahead of him..
It makes JE sound like he is being punished for his unbrideled enthusiasm and public support of OS while defending his selection. The agent is trying to take advantage of the situation.

Wow.

You aren't making any wild jumps to conclusions there, are you?

:rolleyes:

TXBRONC
06-11-2012, 10:55 AM
Wow.

You aren't making any wild jumps to conclusions there, are you?

:rolleyes:

He never jumps to conclusion. ;)

Mannway187
06-11-2012, 12:26 PM
WO NOW, Hold the press.
First off, Zam, When was the last time you "jumped" anything? Are you so agile that you can simply go jumping about whenever you feel inspired to do so?
And second, Maybe OS is representing himself or maybe his mentality is that he doesn't care what kind of contract they give him. Maybe he signed a napkin and the details don't matter cause he's playing QB in the NFL. Hell who among us would bicker about a chance to kick it with Peyton Fricken Manning, and John Elway. Shiz Buy me lunch and pay for my gas and I'm good, whats that? Wash your practice jock? No problem, I'll buy you a new one cause this one got lost on its way to the EBAY Laundrymat.
Or maybe Zam possesses the agility of a gazelle jumping for any unknown reason. And maybe OS is aware that he better get the most out of this contract because if he ever has to actually perform in a game this might be the only NFL money he'll ever get.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 02:22 PM
I am speculating, I plead guilty I have been seen participating on the jump to conclusions mat !
so his agent isnt asking for more than the slot projects/ WTF is the hold-up then?

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 02:24 PM
WO NOW, Hold the press.
First off, Zam, When was the last time you "jumped" anything? Are you so agile that you can simply go jumping about whenever you feel inspired to do so?
And second, Maybe OS is representing himself or maybe his mentality is that he doesn't care what kind of contract they give him. Maybe he signed a napkin and the details don't matter cause he's playing QB in the NFL. Hell who among us would bicker about a chance to kick it with Peyton Fricken Manning, and John Elway. Shiz Buy me lunch and pay for my gas and I'm good, whats that? Wash your practice jock? No problem, I'll buy you a new one cause this one got lost on its way to the EBAY Laundrymat.
Or maybe Zam possesses the agility of a gazelle jumping for any unknown reason. And maybe OS is aware that he better get the most out of this contract because if he ever has to actually perform in a game this might be the only NFL money he'll ever get.like when TT got all his guarantee money up front?

Mannway187
06-11-2012, 02:43 PM
like when TT got all his guarantee money up front?

CHA-CHING, Winner, Winner, Zambini dinner!!! :laugh:

Simple Jaded
06-11-2012, 11:45 PM
no it does not.
It makes JE sound like he is being punished for his unbrideled enthusiasm and public support of OS while defending his selection. The agent is trying to take advantage of the situation.You make it sound like the players agent is demanding more money because he knows Elway is high on him, as if every other player drafted couldn't claim the same thing. It also makes it sound like Elway is responsible for his agents so-called power play because of his so-called unbridled enthusiasm, if this is how his agent thinks this works then he's a clown who will get laughed out of the business in short order.

Osweiler has no ground to stand on, the Broncos have already said they have no intention of using him any time soon so he's looking at sitting out a year and entering next years draft, good luck getting late 1st/early 2nd round money then.

The Broncos traded up for Hillman, that shows a certain amount of unbridled enthusiasm too. Maybe Elway should just verbally abuse players until he gets them under contract, he could be the new Doug Moe.......

ShaneFalco
06-12-2012, 12:05 AM
im still pissed we wasted a 2nd round pick on this dude