PDA

View Full Version : Broncos hope to have Matt Prater deal done by next week’s minicamp

Mannway187
06-07-2012, 10:09 AM
Although Tebowmania got all the attention last year, Prater’s late-game heroics were a big part of the Broncos’ mid-season run. Tebow is long gone, but the Broncos hope Prater will be their kicker for a long time.

http://profootballtalk.nbcsports.com/2012/06/07/broncos-hope-to-have-matt-prater-deal-done-by-next-weeks-minicamp/

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 10:17 AM
will the deal include a shot-gun willy gold card?

dogfish
06-07-2012, 10:34 AM
thank god, now HP can finally sleep at night!

broncofaninfla
06-07-2012, 10:41 AM
Hope he has a career as long and succesful as Elam. Prater is a keeper in my book, glad to see we are keeping him though I didn't have much doubt we wouldn't.

Mannway187
06-07-2012, 10:58 AM
will the deal include a shot-gun willy gold card?

I don't think so. He said he'll sign only if him and Champ get to play safety next year.:salute:

Dzone
06-07-2012, 11:44 AM
Prater is nothing without Tebow

DenBronx
06-07-2012, 11:50 AM
I think Prater is the real deal. He's got a cannon leg and is very clutch at times needed. Hope he gets a 7 year deal.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 12:21 PM
I like prater too. I just dont know if he is the next ELAM or the next vanderjact.
a big contract might help us to distinguish.

DenBronx
06-09-2012, 02:24 PM
Big time kickers always shine in big time offenses. Vanderjact wasnt all that great after he left a Manning led offense. Elam was fair in Atlanta but not great like he was when he was in Denver. My thoughts are this, Prater has won us some close games and maybe games we shouldnt have won. Now imagine what he could do in a high powered offense. He is one of the best young kickers in todays game and why not just wrap him up now?

It's clear our front office is high on him and wants to give him a new deal. Why would fans complain about that?

Chef Zambini
06-09-2012, 04:15 PM
early this morning, there was a knock on praters front door, it was DJ.
He came to claim the teams official stoopid trophy.
It was an amicable exchange, the two went out for coffee.

Traveler
06-10-2012, 07:52 AM
Hope they do work things out. Then, they can focus on Clady.

MOtorboat
06-10-2012, 08:28 AM
I really like Prater, but I hope he's not as needed this year as he was last year.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2012, 01:42 PM
Speaking of Tebowmania, I was watching the Fans Choice replay of Bears - Broncos OT game, Prater has two huge FG's and an onsides kick that took two huge bounces straight up in the air. Dude has a big leg and is a weapon on onsides kicks, between him and Colquitt the Broncos are set if they can extend them both (Colquitt is last year of contract).......

Simple Jaded
06-10-2012, 01:57 PM
Maybe the Broncos should make their million dollar long snapper take a pay cut and give that money to their kickers.......

ShaneFalco
06-10-2012, 02:30 PM
i thought we franchised him?

Mannway187
06-10-2012, 02:32 PM
Maybe the Broncos should make their million dollar long snapper take a pay cut and give that money to their kickers.......

Isn't that Mcdoofasses million dollar long snapper, or have we ditched him already? I think that was the very first move he made when he got here that was completely unwarranted because we had a pretty reliable long snapper already. But dip schtick wanted the Patsies guy and he cut the one we had loose. I can't remember his name but he is still flippin upside down spirals somewhere in the NFL I think. Oh yeah, Paxton is Mcdouschbags long snapperhead. Not a bad snapper, I just don't like or trust him cause of the Patriot connection. But this FO has brought in some competition this year by way of San Diego States Aaron Brewer UFA. So that million dollars just might make into the right hands after all.

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 04:01 PM
MCd dumped our own pro-bowl, team captain LS to bring in his own cronie and pay him at the top of the pay scale!
the same guy that bad snapped us when we faced the patriots.
I hate JMCD like no other!

JPPT1974
06-10-2012, 04:34 PM
Prater is awesome and he's clutch and money in the bank.

Simple Jaded
06-10-2012, 05:43 PM
Isn't that Mcdoofasses million dollar long snapper, or have we ditched him already? I think that was the very first move he made when he got here that was completely unwarranted because we had a pretty reliable long snapper already. But dip schtick wanted the Patsies guy and he cut the one we had loose. I can't remember his name but he is still flippin upside down spirals somewhere in the NFL I think. Oh yeah, Paxton is Mcdouschbags long snapperhead. Not a bad snapper, I just don't like or trust him cause of the Patriot connection. But this FO has brought in some competition this year by way of San Diego States Aaron Brewer UFA. So that million dollars just might make into the right hands after all.
Actually Doogie's first move was trying to trade a franchise QB for a college and pro career backup, but with signing a LS to a record deal and signing a 36 year old S all happening at the same time it's understandable that it'd take a neophyte like Doog a couple months to get a deal done for the Immortal Kyle Ortonary and a bag of chips.

The guy McDaniels cut loose was the perfectly capable LS and locker room leader Mike Leach. Paxton may be the best in the league but LS is as far as it gets from an impact position, you need reliability not a star at LS. Who cares who has the best LS in the league just as long as your guy gets it done? This was a classic case of Josh McDaniels hiking his leg on the Denver Broncos locker room.......

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 06:32 PM
Leach was captain of the specials teams and was a leader amongst team tackles, special teams.
Paxon was a paid off patsie funneling funds back to the punk ass mc pompous

Chef Zambini
06-10-2012, 06:34 PM
paxon, another reason why xanders is ready for his jam.

Mannway187
06-11-2012, 11:58 AM
Actually Doogie's first move was trying to trade a franchise QB for a college and pro career backup, but with signing a LS to a record deal and signing a 36 year old S all happening at the same time it's understandable that it'd take a neophyte like Doog a couple months to get a deal done for the Immortal Kyle Ortonary and a bag of chips.

The guy McDaniels cut loose was the perfectly capable LS and locker room leader Mike Leach. Paxton may be the best in the league but LS is as far as it gets from an impact position, you need reliability not a star at LS. Who cares who has the best LS in the league just as long as your guy gets it done? This was a classic case of Josh McDaniels hiking his leg on the Denver Broncos locker room.......

He did make quite a first impression didn't he? How could anyone possibly feel good about the guy. As if the leg hike wasn't bad enough, the hours spent licking his own balls on draft day prooved the old saying " if I could do that, I'd never leave the house" to be true. But maybe Bowlen recognized that the only way to get JE to return was to hire Capt. Queege and allow him to sink the ship.

MOtorboat
06-11-2012, 12:29 PM
Gawd, I love McDaniels.

underrated29
06-11-2012, 01:55 PM
Gawd, I love McDaniels.

Mcdaniels did bring us prater. Off of Atlantas practice squad I believe.

Mannway187
06-11-2012, 02:56 PM
Mcdaniels did bring us prater. Off of Atlantas practice squad I believe.
For the record: Matt Prater

Entered the NFL with Detroit as a college free agent on May 4, 2006.

Joined the Broncos from Miami’s practice squad on Dec. 19, 2007.

Or more precisely: Signed by Detroit as a college free agent 5/4/06; Waived by Detroit 8/28/06; Signed by Miami to a future contract 1/4/07; Waived by Miami 8/27/07; Signed by Atlanta 8/30/07; Waived by Atlanta 9/18/07; Signed by Miami (practice squad) 11/14/07; Signed by Denver (active roster) 12/19/07. And the rest is history in the making.

Chef Zambini
06-11-2012, 04:45 PM
for the record, prater was franchised, he will make over a million dollars this year !
if he keeps his nose clean and has another excellent year he will get his long term contract.
there should be ZERO concern about prater actually being our kicker for the 2012 season!

Krugan
06-11-2012, 08:56 PM
Blahdy blahbladhy blah, sign the damn kicker already

Simple Jaded
06-11-2012, 11:21 PM
Shanantan brought in Prater and Garrett Something-or-Other to compete for Elam's old job, it was a huge deal at the time for some reason because apparently Broncos fans even get sentimental about their kickers. Both K's went on to be pretty good, the Garrett kid ended up in NO.

No, that was the Shanatan regime, all Josh McDaniels brought was The Patriot Way and a few good sound bites. I can still hear him smacking his lips like a Valley Girl in all of his press conferences; "Like *smack* oh my god, Jay Cutler? Gag me with a spoon!".......