PDA

View Full Version : Mark Kiszla: Broncos WR Thomas learning that Manning demands results

Denver Native (Carol)
06-06-2012, 04:29 PM
On any given Sunday, catching touchdown passes from Peyton Manning is the coolest job in America. But the other 349 days a year? Working for the NFL's most demanding quarterback might be a more thankless task than being Donald Trump's apprentice. Or comb.

"It's not easy. He stays on you," said Broncos receiver Demaryius Thomas, his mouth as dry as cotton balls after he stayed past the end of practice for extra tutoring by Manning.

Earlier this week, I asked Manning if he viewed himself as demanding.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/kiszla/ci_20791234/mark-kiszla-manning-throws-out-broncos-comfort-zone

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 04:47 PM
what a revelation.

CoachChaz
06-06-2012, 04:48 PM
what a revelation.

Accountability. Amazing concept

blamkin86
06-06-2012, 06:27 PM
Reason to have hope this year. Imagine if everyone at your job was accountable - and if someone was really good and allowed to "raise the floor" as I like to say.

Poet
06-06-2012, 08:02 PM
Peyton Manning will make him so much better that Thomas will call him years from now and thank him.

bcbronc
06-07-2012, 02:44 AM
Peyton Manning will make him so much better that Thomas will call him years from now and thank him.

or DT will just do it during his HOF speech. Okay, getting a bit ahead of myself. :D

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 10:01 AM
.. at the very least, PMs demands for perfection all the time will prepare him for marriage.

TXBRONC
06-07-2012, 10:40 AM
This just one of the many reasons that Manning will go into the Hall of Fame when his playing days are done.

Dzone
06-07-2012, 11:41 AM
Every time Bay Bay screws up, tell him to get the 15 lb medicine ball and hit the track

The Glue Factory
06-07-2012, 01:48 PM
This just one of the many reasons that Manning will go into the Hall of Fame when his playing days are done.

As a first ballot selection as well.

Cugel
06-07-2012, 04:52 PM

That's what Shanon Sharpe did with John Elway at his induction ceremony into the Hall of Fame. He credited Elway for getting him into the Hall of Fame.

If Thomas wants to be a top 5 WR in this league he's going to have to learn a LOT. He'd better start now or he's not getting the ball as much this season. Get open, run your routes precisely, pass-block, get the ball.

Manning will throw to whoever's open.

broncobryce
06-07-2012, 07:41 PM
That's what Shanon Sharpe did with John Elway at his induction ceremony into the Hall of Fame. He credited Elway for getting him into the Hall of Fame.

If Thomas wants to be a top 5 WR in this league he's going to have to learn a LOT. He'd better start now or he's not getting the ball as much this season. Get open, run your routes precisely, pass-block, get the ball.

Manning will throw to whoever's open.

Slow down cowboy. According to the reports I've read, Manning looks to Thomas most so far. And Thomas is the one is is looking open most. Here is a report from Cecil Lemmey from OTA's

'Demaryius Thomas looked completely focused. Showed good hands, route adjustment, and sideline awareness. He also got better separation than Decker did against coverage'

'Manning got in trouble once because of coverage, moved around then found Demaryius Thomas open. Interesting to note Decker was open as well, but he went to DT. '

http://forums.footballguys.com/forum/index.php?showtopic=642228&hl=lammey&st=0

Dzone
06-08-2012, 08:44 AM
Eric Decker is overrated

Chef Zambini
06-08-2012, 09:47 AM
Eric Decker is overratedthey should move him to safety.

Superchop 7
06-12-2012, 01:47 PM
If he doesn't do his homework.....he won't be get-n no balls.

GEM
06-12-2012, 06:01 PM
Eric Decker is overrated

You watch your dirty mouth!!!!

:D

Chef Zambini
06-12-2012, 07:01 PM
ginally Posted by Dzone

Eric Decker is overrated
You watch your dirty mouth!!!!(GEM)
easy Gem, he was refering to only his football skills

NorCalBronco7
06-12-2012, 11:06 PM
I think its still gonna be a couple years before Thomas becomes a good route runner. Hes has the speed, quickness and strength to get off the jam, but IMO has only a decent hips. Decker is a much better route runner, though, and compliments Thomas very well. Other than his health and ability to get in and out of breaks, Thomas has it all and then some. My only issue with him is, how long can I wait before I draft him?

Simple Jaded
06-12-2012, 11:21 PM
Eric Decker is overrated? I didn't know that was even possible. He's not even an established starter, where do you people come up with this shit?.......

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 10:11 AM
Eric Decker is overrated? I didn't know that was even possible. He's not even an established starter, where do you people come up with this shit?.......

Horse SHit

Chef Zambini
06-13-2012, 10:17 AM
Horse SHitthanks for clarifying its point of origin.