PDA

View Full Version : Brandon is a No Show.

underrated29
06-12-2009, 11:18 AM
per the other site. Marshall did not show up today to mini camp.

G_Money
06-12-2009, 11:22 AM
Broncos star receiver Brandon Marshall did not show up for the team's mandatory mini-camp as of this morning.

Marshall is in the final year of a four-year contract that will pay him $2.198 million this year.

Marshall, who is recovering from hip surgery, would not have been able to participate in the three practices this weekend, but was required to show up for rehab treatments.

Besides not being happy with his contract, Marshall has cited a lack of confidence in the Broncos medical team, saying the severity of his hip injury was misdiagnosed last season. The team could fine him because of his absence.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is expected to address the matter following the workout today.

And NOW we can start talking about how silly Marshall is to hold out when he needs to show health and good citizenship in order to get big bucks.

This is a sucky offseason. Just thought I'd mention it.

~G

WARHORSE
06-12-2009, 11:27 AM
And NOW we can start talking about how silly Marshall is to hold out when he needs to show health and good citizenship in order to get big bucks.

This is a sucky offseason. Just thought I'd mention it.

~G

Why now? When you see one or two snowflakes drifting in the wind, you know whats to come.

Brandons agents negative comments towards the Broncos are never a sign of contentment, and he would not have aired them if he didnt want to stir things up......................Agents only stir things up when they want a new contract.

This is going to come down to Pat Bowlen.

Rest assured hes going to be hands on to make sure his rookie head coach makes no more mistakes.

Sit back and enjoy the show.

:tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk::tsk:

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 11:29 AM
Lol

Buff
06-12-2009, 11:30 AM
He strikes me as a genuinely dumb person. It makes it hard to root for him.

yardog
06-12-2009, 11:33 AM
Brandon a no show. :tsk:

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
He can't feel his fingers, his hip is screwed up and likes to keep his pimp hand strong. Does anyone really see this guy playing more than 10 years in the NFL anyway? Sure I'd like to keep him for the 3-5 years of dominance he may have left in him, but not at a 7+ million price tag.

G_Money
06-12-2009, 11:38 AM
McDaniels isn't gonna pay Brandon right now.

Brandon also doesn't have a ridiculous amount of trade value, thanks to injury and suspension concerns. He's not gonna bring what Cutler brought.

I really hope Brandon doesn't try to make a stand on this, that he just misses day one in a form of protest and then shows up.

Because if he decides that this is his Alamo, then we all lose.

Brandon isn't gonna get paid here immediately, might eventually get traded but to nowhere of his own choosing, and will still have to prove health and non-douchebaggery to get a new contract, a la Javon Walker when he came here (we gave him a new contract but it didn't start til the next year and we could have voided it prior to that year if he had sucked without losing a dime from it).

We, OTOH, get to run Gaffney and Royal out there instead of Marshall and Royal, which IS another downgrade talent-wise. Scheffler is an injury-prone mofo and Stokley is one serious concussion from hanging em up. McKinley's not gonna be ready this year.

Dropping Marshall reduces our margin for error significantly. I don't like seasons where EVERYTHING has to go right for us to shine.

But if the moron truly decides to hold out and make a stand on one healthy leg and while lurking one step away from a lengthy suspension...

There's not a lot we can do.

If we go into the season without pro-bowlers Cutler, Marshall and Wiegmann, though, all because they couldn't get what they wanted from the FO...

I really don't like how this is adding up. I'm wondering when Peter Angelos replaced the brain of Pat Bowlen.

Effing Brandon. Get to camp!

~G

Northman
06-12-2009, 11:41 AM
Maybe his court hearing didnt go to well.

Timmy!
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
http://www.barrierislandgraphics.com/PhotoChop/red_dumbass.jpg

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 11:44 AM
McDaniels isn't gonna pay Brandon right now.

Brandon also doesn't have a ridiculous amount of trade value, thanks to injury and suspension concerns. He's not gonna bring what Cutler brought.

I really hope Brandon doesn't try to make a stand on this, that he just misses day one in a form of protest and then shows up.

Because if he decides that this is his Alamo, then we all lose.

Brandon isn't gonna get paid here immediately, might eventually get traded but to nowhere of his own choosing, and will still have to prove health and non-douchebaggery to get a new contract, a la Javon Walker when he came here (we gave him a new contract but it didn't start til the next year and we could have voided it prior to that year if he had sucked without losing a dime from it).

We, OTOH, get to run Gaffney and Royal out there instead of Marshall and Royal, which IS another downgrade talent-wise. Scheffler is an injury-prone mofo and Stokley is one serious concussion from hanging em up. McKinley's not gonna be ready this year.

Dropping Marshall reduces our margin for error significantly. I don't like seasons where EVERYTHING has to go right for us to shine.

But if the moron truly decides to hold out and make a stand on one healthy leg and while lurking one step away from a lengthy suspension...

There's not a lot we can do.

If we go into the season without pro-bowlers Cutler, Marshall and Wiegmann, though, all because they couldn't get what they wanted from the FO...

I really don't like how this is adding up. I'm wondering when Peter Angelos replaced the brain of Pat Bowlen.

Effing Brandon. Get to camp!

~G

Angelos would give Wiegmann a 10 year deal in a heartbeat. Anyone over 35 is golden in his eyes. As far as Marshall and Cutler...just give them Greek last names and he'd pony up the money.

Nomad
06-12-2009, 11:46 AM
I do not believe Jr wished this upon the BRONCOS. I've known him for many years and he's pretty spot on but in no way did he want Marshall to hold out and cause the BRONCOS more headaches.

Like G and Chaz stated, Marshall is damaged goods and the BRONCOS want to evaluate what he can do on the field after his surgeries (injuries), plus his off the field issues don't help out either. He has to realize this and get to camp and PROVE he has what it takes to get a pay raise. If I were the BRONCOS, I'd wait till midseason to do so (if he shows up).

underrated29
06-12-2009, 11:49 AM
I do not believe Jr wished this upon the BRONCOS. I've known him for many years and he's pretty spot on but in no way did he want Marshall to hold out and cause the BRONCOS more headaches.

Like G and Chaz stated, Marshall is damaged goods and the BRONCOS want to evaluate what he can do on the field after his surgeries (injuries), plus his off the field issues don't help out either. He has to realize this and get to camp and PROVE he has what it takes to get a pay raise. If I were the BRONCOS, I'd wait till midseason to do so (if he shows up).

I think we all know JR doesnt want Marshall to do this. We know he is a fan of the team. But he is a real life cynic and i like to give him a hard time about it every now and then....:salute:

Northman
06-12-2009, 11:54 AM
Yea, this is clearly a case where i wish JR was wrong. We've had enough issues this year already.

RunYouOver
06-12-2009, 12:00 PM
PER CBS

Brandon Marshall did not show for mandatory minicamp today. He's in town and is set to meet with Pat Bowlen later today

We'll know what's going on officially later...

GEM
Can't say I don't disagree with Brandon on the medical staff. They've made some clear cut bad calls.

That aside, this dumbass (perfect pic Timmy!) needs to realize wth he's done in the last 3 years. Numerous run ins with the law, admitting he had limited feeling in his hand last season, coming off surgery to a hip is pretty big for a WR. The list goes on.

Earn it, moron.

MadMax
Maybe we can give him a slightly larger contract for this year if that makes him happy, but I hope a long term deal doesn't happen right now. I really hope he stays with us for long term but it would once again look like the Broncos FO rewarded a player for undermining the team. Hopefully the Broncos FO realizes this, otherwise it could undermine them in contract negotiations with other players for years to come.

Maybe now we give Weigmann a new contract to show that we will reward people who ask and work for new contracts the right way?

NightTrainLayne
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
PER CBS

We'll know what's going on officially later...

In town and set to meet with PB later today. . .now THAT is an interesting twist.

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 12:02 PM
Yea, this is clearly a case where i wish JR was wrong. We've had enough issues this year already.

Well, maybe that can be attributed to the former regime. Maybe it's possible that Cutler and Marshall, while talented, are also capable of being the types of prima donna players that nobody likes or wants. If that's the case, then se la vie. All we can do is hope for the best.

MadMax
06-12-2009, 12:04 PM
Brandon Marshall did not show for mandatory minicamp today. He's in town and is set to meet with Pat Bowlen later today

Well at least he's not going full "Jay Cutler" on us. :D

Nomad
In town and set to meet with PB later today. . .now THAT is an interesting twist.

I wonder if he'll be man enough to meet with him one on one without his agent!!

CoachChaz

Imagine that...Bowlen and the FO actually ARE okay with meeting with players and having conversations with them.

underrated29
06-12-2009, 12:05 PM
What the heck is going on. i try to salute and it wont let me. I try to quote and nothing appears...

Anwyas- in regards to the last post, about him meeting with bowlen..

Thats GREAT!

First of all atleast we know he wont be getting traded, since he is meeting with bowlen. Second it shows brandon is still a team player, but rather than dycking around he is going strait to the top..

NightTrainLayne
06-12-2009, 12:06 PM
Well, maybe that can be attributed to the former regime. Maybe it's possible that Cutler and Marshall, while talented, are also capable of being the types of prima donna players that nobody likes or wants. If that's the case, then se la vie. All we can do is hope for the best.

Since Shanny was fired, and Cutler reacted as he did, I've wondered what promises Shanny had made to Cutler regarding his contract.

Now add in Weigman and Marshall's antics, and you have to wonder if potentially Shanny's promises aren't biting us in the ass right now. Meeting with PB later today tells me that Marshall is looking to go over McD's head.

CoachChaz
I wonder if he'll be man enough to meet with him one on one without his agent!!

Maybe I shouldnt profile or assume BM's intelligence, but based on decisions he's made in the past few years, I think he would be a bigger moron to talk to anyone WITHOUT his agent.

Northman

True. Once Jay showed his true colors i had no problem saying bye bye to him.

Gamechanger
06-12-2009, 12:08 PM
Uh-Oh

CoachChaz
Since Shanny was fired, and Cutler reacted as he did, I've wondered what promises Shanny had made to Cutler regarding his contract.

Now add in Weigman and Marshall's antics, and you have to wonder if potentially Shanny's promises aren't biting us in the ass right now. Meeting with PB later today tells me that Marshall is looking to go over McD's head.

I don't know. McD isnt the one with ultimate power to discuss contracts, so I dont think it's really him going over Josh's head. granted, maybe using the chain of command is a good idea, but A. we dont know that he hasnt and B. I think we've overly covered the fact that the NFL isnt a regular workplace

Nomad
Maybe I shouldnt profile or assume BM's intelligence, but based on decisions he's made in the past few years, I think he would be a bigger moron to talk to anyone WITHOUT his agent.

:lol:You're probably right! I wonder if his agent sets up a teleprompter for him on what to say!

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 12:27 PM
:lol:You're probably right! I wonder if his agent sets up a teleprompter for him on what to say!

Dear Brandon,

If you want a better contract, be sure not to mention anything about bitchslapping Mr. Bowlen. In fact, keep your hands below your waist the whole time and remember...TV's are your friend.

Sincerely,
The lawyer trying to get rich off of your skills

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 12:34 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12577176

Broncos star reciever Brandon Marshall did not show up for the team's mandatory minicamp this morning.

Marshall is in the final year of a four-year contract that will pay him $2.198 million this year.

Marshall, who is recovering from hip surgery, would not have been able to participate in the three practices this weekend, but was required to show up for rehab treatments.

Besides not being happy with his contract, Marshall has cited a lack of confidence in the Broncos medical team, saying the severity of his hip injury was misdiagnosed last season. The team could fine him because of his absence.

Broncos coach Josh McDaniels is expected to address the matter following the workout today.

NameUsedBefore
06-12-2009, 12:37 PM

Wait and see.

In the meantime, happy boirfday Jer-wiz.

topscribe
06-12-2009, 12:51 PM

This is clearly a case where JR wishes JR was wrong, trust me.

-----

silkamilkamonico
06-12-2009, 12:58 PM
I agree with Marshall about the medical staff.

They are incompetent all the way around, and they need to be fired.

weazel
06-12-2009, 01:27 PM
later Marshall, dont let the TV Stand hit you in the ass on the way out.

who cares, we got this guy (http://www.broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40115)!!!!!!

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 01:48 PM
I think we all know JR doesnt want Marshall to do this. We know he is a fan of the team. But he is a real life cynic and i like to give him a hard time about it every now and then....:salute:

let me jump in here and say No I did not want this to happen.. I was pretty sure that this was going to happen and just wanted everyone to be ready for it when it did..

I believe everyone on here saw this coming just did not want o think about it..

we all know that this kid is incredibly talented but immature beyond a doubt..

that stunt last year after Obama was elected his demo in the end zone right after making a great play.. Only the cool head of Stokely was a penalty and most likely a fine averted..

He has more off season baggage than any player I can remember playing for DEN.. and other than TO, numb nuts in CIN, PAC man there is no one else out their on the radar BIGGER than he is for Goodell..

now as for being in DEN but not in meetings and wanting to set down with Pat and not his WR coach, HC, GM in that order is also beyond dumb..

If Pat does this without Josh in the room all that does is tell them that he is only going to deal with Pat and it undercuts their authority..

If marshall has concerns about his health that is a GM/HC issue not the owner.. if they do not address it then and only then can he rightly go over their heads.. same would go for pay issues..

Pat hired them to handle these things and should never get involved unless they can not resolve them..

Pat simply can not do this..

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
I don't know. McD isnt the one with ultimate power to discuss contracts, so I dont think it's really him going over Josh's head. granted, maybe using the chain of command is a good idea, but A. we dont know that he hasnt and B. I think we've overly covered the fact that the NFL isnt a regular workplace

You always go to your boss first before you go to the owner.. that is rule 101 in getting along with your boss and coworkers..

If your unable to come to a reasonable solution then you get the next level involved.. jumping to eh top floor is beyond dumb IMHO.. but then he has proven his dumbness time after time already..

In case no one noticed Josh does not like prima donnas on his team.. He wants TEAM players and this is about as far away from that as he can get.. this is not DAL, OAK or WAS where the owner sticks his nose into every decision made or flat out makes them for his staff..

topscribe
06-12-2009, 01:56 PM
let me jump in here and say No I did not want this to happen.. I was pretty sure that this was going to happen and just wanted everyone to be ready for it when it did..

I believe everyone on here saw this coming just did not want o think about it..

we all know that this kid is incredibly talented but immature beyond a doubt..

that stunt last year after Obama was elected his demo in the end zone right after making a great play.. Only the cool head of Stokely was a penalty and most likely a fine averted..

He has more off season baggage than any player I can remember playing for DEN.. and other than TO, numb nuts in CIN, PAC man there is no one else out their on the radar BIGGER than he is for Goodell..

now as for being in DEN but not in meetings and wanting to set down with Pat and not his WR coach, HC, GM in that order is also beyond dumb..

If Pat does this without Josh in the room all that does is tell them that he is only going to deal with Pat and it undercuts their authority..

If marshall has concerns about his health that is a GM/HC issue not the owner.. if they do not address it then and only then can he rightly go over their heads.. same would go for pay issues..

Pat hired them to handle these things and should never get involved unless they can not resolve them..

Pat simply can not do this..

Not the way it is set up now, JR, true. However, at the moment of hiring McD,
I would have announced to him that I will be very involved with everything
the first year or so, until he gets some experienced as HC under his belt. That
occurred to me at that time, too. McD apparently has a brilliant mind, but it
is a very inexperienced mind, and that has borne out since his arrival (though
he seems to be getting better now).

But now, they just have to bite the bullet and try to do things right, according
to protocol, if they are to preserve the structure in the locker room.

Meanwhile, we are unavoidably being reduced from an exciting future to just
another football team, it seems . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

G_Money
06-12-2009, 02:05 PM
Eh, Pat seemed to be the last to know anything about the McDaniels/Cutler issues, so it's always possible Pat called BRANDON and asked him to come up for a meeting since he wasn't gonna be at minicamp.

Brandon showing up for that IS a good sign, in that case, and Pat trying to stay ahead of the game on this one instead of having to watch another situation degenerate until it was too late to do anything about it would also be preferrable.

We'll see what they say about it later today.

~G

BroncoTech
06-12-2009, 02:06 PM
I think he's going to get the same story no matter who in the FO he talks to. I'd love to be a fly on that wall. How much per day can we fine this fool?

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 02:08 PM
Not the way it is set up now, JR, true. However, at the moment of hiring McD,
I would have announced to him that I will be very involved with everything
the first year or so, until he gets some experienced as HC under his belt. That
occurred to me at that time, too. McD apparently has a brilliant mind, but it
is a very inexperienced mind, and that has borne out since his arrival (though
he seems to be getting better now).

But now, they just have to bite the bullet and try to do things right, according
to protocol, if they are to preserve the structure in the locker room.

Meanwhile, we are unavoidably being reduced from an exciting future to just
another football team, it seems . . . http://i258.photobucket.com/albums/hh256/AZDynamics/Smilies/thdissappointed.gif

-----

I can almost understand this and I'm sure that Pat did tell him he would be watching closely.. BUT Josh is the supreme ruler on the field and with his personnel it can be no other way or he should not be out there.. if he has to worry about Pat stepping in when he makes a decision then he is going to be second guessing himself and his players will be also..

can you see Pat telling TD not to go into the game when he could not see during eh super bowl because of the chance of him getting hurt?

now after the fact Pat should have told mike that was perhaps not the smartest thing he could have done.. and most likely he did.. but he can be involved in the day to day decisions directly..

the players have to know who there boss is or things do not work... there is no other way it can be.. unless you want to be OAK or DAL lots of talent but everyone looking up to the sky box to see if the play called was OK with Al..

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 02:13 PM
Eh, Pat seemed to be the last to know anything about the McDaniels/Cutler issues, so it's always possible Pat called BRANDON and asked him to come up for a meeting since he wasn't gonna be at minicamp.

Brandon showing up for that IS a good sign, in that case, and Pat trying to stay ahead of the game on this one instead of having to watch another situation degenerate until it was too late to do anything about it would also be preferrable.

We'll see what they say about it later today.

~G

again if he did this make the call then he was wrong in doing so, he needed to let it play out a bit before getting involved.. he is setting his staff up for failure if they are looking over their shoulder to see if he approves or telling his player the HC does not count..

Pat stays ahead of the game by asking questions earlier his time.. I say this after 40 years in supervisory to upper management to ownership experience. IMHO

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 02:17 PM
http://nfl.fanhouse.com/2009/06/12/brandon-marshall-a-no-show-at-broncos-mandatory-minicamp/

Two weeks ago, Brandon Marshall said he was staying away from Broncos workouts because he wanted to rehab his surgically repaired hip at home in Florida. That his decision was made just after making a request for a raise was just a coincidence, or so he said.

That claim became a lot harder to believe on Friday when Marshall failed to appear for the start of the Broncos' mandatory minicamp. CBS4 in Denver is reporting that Marshall is in the city and will meet with Broncos owner Pat Bowlen on Friday afternoon.

The meeting may clear up why Marshall wasn't at Broncos camp today, but there are clearly some issues that need to be ironed out.

In addition to his desire for a new contract, Marshall has also expressed displeasure with the way the team's medical staff handled his injury last season. On his website, Marshall wrote that he had two MRIs last season and was told that there was no damage to his hip. That turned out not to be true, a fact that's obviously contributing to the rift between team and player.

The problems with the medical staff would probably be cleared up with a new contract, but it's hard to see where that's forthcoming. Marshall's off-field issues make him something of a risky bet for a long-term deal, and the lack of a collective bargaining agreement beyond this season means he'll only be a restricted free agent after the 2009 campaign.

That robs him of a lot of his leverage, and his failure to take part in team activities can't enamor him to a new coaching staff that has already shown a willingness to radically revamp an offense rather than deal with unhappy star players.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 02:19 PM
And, from Brandon's website:

http://www.bmarshall15.com/blog/?p=134#more-134

First things first. I want to start by saying I’m sorry for not updating
my blog lately. Anyway, it has been a while so let me catch you guys up to speed.

As most of you know I had surgery April 1st on my hip where
they repaired something that was killing me last year. It’s kind of
funny now but last season some of my coaches thought I was getting
“big headed” and just didn’t want to practice but I needed some fine
tuning.

What made last year so weird was that I got two MRIs, one in
camp and the second around week six and was told nothing was wrong but
come to find out THERE WAS A BIT OF A PROBLEM after all LOL. I guess
that’s part of the business. So after all that, I’m now even more
excited about playing this season at 100%. This year I can help my
team more and hopefully we can get to the playoffs.

Growing up as a kid some of us dream of playing professional sports
and having our own shoe. This week was fun and exciting for me
because I was blessed with the opportunity to sign with the Reebok
family. On Thursday, they flew me out to head quarters where I got a
chance to meet everyone and see all the shoes, cleats and
merchandise; including the designs that aren’t even out yet.

Also, I got to do my first photo shoot in our throwbacks which honors
the AFL teams 50th anniversary. Oh yeah… I ran into Phillip Rivers
out there too (great guy).

I’m now in Orlando where I will continue to rehab and spend every
chance I can with my fiancé until she gets tired of me but she usually
doesn’t.

Until next time, the reward is greater than the sacrifice.

The Beast

Nature Boy
06-12-2009, 02:23 PM
I blame Josh McDaniels. I bet Pat Bowlen is regretting he ever fired Mike Shanahan.

topscribe
06-12-2009, 02:26 PM
I can almost understand this and I'm sure that Pat did tell him he would be watching closely.. BUT Josh is the supreme ruler on the field and with his personnel it can be no other way or he should not be out there.. if he has to worry about Pat stepping in when he makes a decision then he is going to be second guessing himself and his players will be also..

can you see Pat telling TD not to go into the game when he could not see during eh super bowl because of the chance of him getting hurt?

now after the fact Pat should have told mike that was perhaps not the smartest thing he could have done.. and most likely he did.. but he can be involved in the day to day decisions directly..

the players have to know who there boss is or things do not work... there is no other way it can be.. unless you want to be OAK or DAL lots of talent but everyone looking up to the sky box to see if the play called was OK with Al..

I don't believe I made myself quite clear. Sorry about that.

I don't believe an owner should ever intervene on a coach's decisions in a
game or on the practice field. I was thinking more along the lines of personnel,
especially that built before he got here, and with as little experience as he
had in that area.

Take Cutler, for instance (at the risk of starting another debate--I hope not).
Cutler had a relatively close relationship with Bowlen, as he had with Shanny.
He knew nothing of McD. So McD, inexperienced in employee relations as a
head coach, comes in and tells Cutler what's what.

I was one of the top two sales reps in an advertising agency I worked for, out
of 17. If a new sales manager came in and told me or the guy ahead of me
what's what, he would have been verbally directed to the nether world. The
agency rode on our shoulders, and we knew it. If the owner approached us
with an idea, however, we would listen in a heartbeat. After all, he's the guy
who started it all, right?

You have to have been there, done that to know what I'm talking about (and,
at your advanced age :D , you may very well know).

So, all I'm saying is that I believe, in the area of personnel, Bowlen should
have unmistakenly taken the leadership role to begin. His company, after all,
is the athletes in that locker room. That's all. That's his personnel, equipment,
and inventory, all wrapped up in one.

Nah, for the first year or so, I think I would have gone "Jerry Jones" in that
department with a young, inexperienced HC.

-----

BroncoBJ
06-12-2009, 02:27 PM
I say that we make him the Highest Paid WR in NFL History. :elefant:

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 02:28 PM
You always go to your boss first before you go to the owner.. that is rule 101 in getting along with your boss and coworkers..

If your unable to come to a reasonable solution then you get the next level involved.. jumping to eh top floor is beyond dumb IMHO.. but then he has proven his dumbness time after time already..

In case no one noticed Josh does not like prima donnas on his team.. He wants TEAM players and this is about as far away from that as he can get.. this is not DAL, OAK or WAS where the owner sticks his nose into every decision made or flat out makes them for his staff..

All I can say is what I said during the Cutler drama. None of us will ever know what truly happened/what was said/what goes on. It's all speculation and he said/she said.

topscribe
06-12-2009, 02:33 PM
Just posted on Broncos.com (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/coach-mcdaniels-on-marshall/):

Coach McDaniels on Marshall
June 12th, 2009 - 1:18pm by Gray Caldwell

Head Coach Josh McDaniels addressed the media concerning Brandon
Marshall’s absence from today’s first practice of a mandatory mini-camp. Here
is a brief look at some of his comments.

On Marshall’s absence…

“That’s a personal decision that Brandon’s made, and we’ll do what the league
rules allow us to do for a player that misses a mandatory activity. The rest of
that is really internal. I’ve spoken to him and his agent, and that’s the
decision that he’s making.”

On if Marshall will be fined…

“We’ll do what we think is the right thing to do.”

On if he knows the reason for Marshall’s absence…

“Sure, and we’re not going to go into detail. I’m not going to talk about that.
That’s between the Broncos and Brandon and his agent, and when that’s
resolved we’ll look forward to having him on the field.”

On whether he expects Marshall on Saturday or Sunday…

“He’ll be here today. We’re having a meeting later this afternoon, and again
it’s something that we’re going to take care of and handle in house. He’ll be
here later this afternoon but he was not here this morning.”

On whether Marshall is falling behind…

“Well there’s 40 practices before our first game starting in August, he’s a
smart player and I’m sure he’ll be able to learn whatever he needs to learn to
be able to play successfully if he’s here at training camp, so I’m not
concerned about that.”

Zach Eisendrath will post the normal practice blog soon.

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

-----

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 02:44 PM
All I can say is what I said during the Cutler drama. None of us will ever know what truly happened/what was said/what goes on. It's all speculation and he said/she said.

And I agree with you here.. but we all know there can be only one boss man to the players.. that has to be the HC..

Now if he and marshall do not get along or they can not resolve the issue then it automatically escalates to the GM and then on to the owner..

that is how every company I have ever worked for does things..

when a owner steps in before things have a chance to work themselves up the chain of command so to speak he undermines the HC in this case.. It is not to say Pat can't call Marshall and tell him meet with Josh. But if things are still and issue we will all meet to hash it out that is OK..

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 02:47 PM
Just posted on Broncos.com (http://blog.denverbroncos.com/denverbroncos/coach-mcdaniels-on-marshall/):

Coach McDaniels on Marshall
June 12th, 2009 - 1:18pm by Gray Caldwell

Head Coach Josh McDaniels addressed the media concerning Brandon
Marshall’s absence from today’s first practice of a mandatory mini-camp. Here
is a brief look at some of his comments.

On Marshall’s absence…

“That’s a personal decision that Brandon’s made, and we’ll do what the league
rules allow us to do for a player that misses a mandatory activity. The rest of
that is really internal. I’ve spoken to him and his agent, and that’s the
decision that he’s making.”

On if Marshall will be fined…

“We’ll do what we think is the right thing to do.”

On if he knows the reason for Marshall’s absence…

“Sure, and we’re not going to go into detail. I’m not going to talk about that.
That’s between the Broncos and Brandon and his agent, and when that’s
resolved we’ll look forward to having him on the field.”

On whether he expects Marshall on Saturday or Sunday…

“He’ll be here today. We’re having a meeting later this afternoon, and again
it’s something that we’re going to take care of and handle in house. He’ll be
here later this afternoon but he was not here this morning.”

On whether Marshall is falling behind…

“Well there’s 40 practices before our first game starting in August, he’s a
smart player and I’m sure he’ll be able to learn whatever he needs to learn to
be able to play successfully if he’s here at training camp, so I’m not
concerned about that.”

Zach Eisendrath will post the normal practice blog soon.

-Gray Caldwell, DenverBroncos.com

-----

I guess time will tell and we might even get to here about it.. as it stands sounds pretty closed mouth to me..

I wonder how long Buss will take to be that "source" again..:laugh::laugh:

Elevation inc
06-12-2009, 02:49 PM
I will jump on.......JR you win...lol now brandon is being stupid. if he is gonna hold out for money after all this legal crap is ongoing, well not only did he probally prove to MCD he isnt worth it, but he proved to the fans, that he could care less about rehabilitaing his off field issues, he just wants money

I was certain he would show, but i told ya if he didnt i dont back him, and i stand by that, this was a very immature and stupid move on his part....god lets hope we have some amazing guy that steps up in TC, becasue marshall is writing his ticket out of Denver and fast

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 02:54 PM
I will jump on JR now brandon is being stupid. if he is gonna hold out for money after all this legal crap is ongoing, well not only did he probally prove to MCD he isnt worth it, but he proved to the fans, that he could care less about rehabilitaing his off field issues, he just wants money

I was certain he would show, but i told ya if he didnt i dont back him, and i stand by that, this was a very immature and stupid move on his part....god lets hope we have some amazing guy that steps up in TC, becasue marshall is writing his ticket out of Denver and fast

Lets see how this pans out.. it may be a medical issue afterall and with that I could almost agree..

How ever you do not always see everything on MRI's either took three on my daughters knee to rule out a meniscus tear.. the first two times there was to much swelling to make a firm diagnosis..

as for tuten and crew well I'm not all that sure they are what we need.. but the surgeon the broncos use and doctors they have on staff are first rate..

that said I have always thought this was indeed a follow the money thingy..

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
updated at 1:42

http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12577176

Absent from the start of mandatory minicamp this morning, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall will meet with team officials this afternoon.

"It's something we're going to handle and take care of it in-house," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said. "I've been through a number of these situations. Whether it does or doesn't get fixed, that's something that's going to play out in the future. But we're going to coach the guys that are here the best we can. When he's ready to go and we get him out here, we'll get him out here."

When the Broncos went through a similar ordeal with then-disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler, such meetings included owner Pat Bowlen, chief operating officer Joe Ellis, general manager Brian Xanders and McDaniels.

Marshall is recovering from hip surgery so he would not be able to participate in the offseason workouts, anyway. But he has sent a message to the team he is unhappy with his contract by first transferring his rehab three weeks ago to Orlando, Fla. while the rest of the team was participating in the "voluntary" minicamps, and then not reporting for the 8:30 a.m. meeting today that was to start the team's three-day "mandatory" minicamp.

"That's a personal decision that Brandon has made, and we'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity. The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent and that's a decision that he's made."

Marshall is in the final year of a four-year contract that will pay him $2.198 million this season. Marshall believes he's worth more after recording 100-plus catches in each of the past two seasons, and 58 receivers made more than $2.2 million in salary and bonuses last season.

Marshall has also cited a lack of trust in the Broncos' medical care as a reason for not wanting to rehab at the team's headquarters.

The Broncos have reason to consider Marshall an investment risk. The team might want to first see how he recovers from his hip surgery. He also has been involved in numerous off-field legal issues to the point where another infraction could leave him vulnerable to a long-term suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

OaklandRaider
06-12-2009, 02:57 PM
I think he is going to get traded.

CoachChaz
06-12-2009, 02:59 PM

Can we trade this douche bag? Send him Lex and Nature Boy anywhere for a tank of gas and a pack of cigarettes.

Nature Boy
06-12-2009, 03:01 PM

Yup, we're gonna trade Marshall for Devin Hester and the Bears' 2nd round pick of the 2010 draft of which we will use to draft a 3rd or 4th round rated player.

Nomad
06-12-2009, 03:05 PM
I believe the BRONCOS will pay him (probably not as much as he is asking) but alot more than what he is getting now (I would say the 4.5 to 5 mil) range with an increase as he proves he's not to be a liability off the field. The BRONCOS want assurance that he can still play to a high level which he is capable of after his injuries. I would say in midseason he'll get it.

I don't get why he's being a horse's rearend about it!!

spikerman
06-12-2009, 03:07 PM
This is going to come down to Pat Bowlen.

Rest assured hes going to be hands on to make sure his rookie head coach makes no more mistakes.

After this offseason this doesn't instill confidence.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 03:09 PM
http://www.denverbroncos.com/

Video - McDaniels addressing Marshall's situation, and other stuff

rationalfan
06-12-2009, 03:14 PM
Yup, we're gonna trade Marshall for Devin Hester and the Bears' 2nd round pick of the 2010 draft of which we will use to draft a 3rd or 4th round rated player.

this is further derailing the point of the thread, but i'm SO sick of these draft jokes; mostly because they're uttered under the pretense that you/we seem to know more than a GM (which, is sometimes true). never mind that a high percentage of "value" draft picks fail like Marcus Nash in a Broncos uniform.

just keep this in mind: Bill Walsh said it doesn't matter where you draft a player as long as you get the player you wanted. (paraphrased)

Superchop 7
06-12-2009, 03:24 PM
Josh McDaniels is the last person on earth I would want to talk to about a problem.

He is an arrogant ass that only cares about his ego.

Pat's door is "always open"......glad to see someone finally step through it.

Nature Boy
06-12-2009, 03:33 PM
this is further derailing the point of the thread, but i'm SO sick of these draft jokes; mostly because they're uttered under the pretense that you/we seem to know more than a GM (which, is sometimes true). never mind that a high percentage of "value" draft picks fail like Marcus Nash in a Broncos uniform.

just keep this in mind: Bill Walsh said it doesn't matter where you draft a player as long as you get the player you wanted. (paraphrased)

True but we rank players on the draft board for a reason.

underrated29
06-12-2009, 03:39 PM
**** Mods**** JR whoever, you can change the name of this thread to something like brandon a no show, since it actually has substance and merit to it.

At the time i created the thread it did not....

u29

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 03:41 PM
**** Mods**** JR whoever, you can change the name of this thread to something like brandon a no show, since it actually has substance and merit to it.

At the time i created the thread it did not....

u29

will do..

done with great reluctance to remove my tag line...

was nice to be thought of but my Birthday is a ways away yet.. :D

nevcraw
06-12-2009, 03:44 PM
CBS4 has just texted that He (Marshall) has arrived at Dove valley for his meeting with Patty and Joshy, and BJ and the bear.

LRtagger
06-12-2009, 03:45 PM
Trade him for Boldin and a 2nd. I would rather pay Boldin than Marshall all day.

Thnikkaman
06-12-2009, 03:46 PM
I wouldn't scoff at Marshal for Boldin.

underrated29
06-12-2009, 03:50 PM
I wouldn't scoff at Marshal for Boldin.

Strait up no. But boldin and a 2nd i woud shyt myself and enjoy every minute of it.

It would never happen though. AZ would have no incentive to make the trade.

Thnikkaman
06-12-2009, 03:51 PM
Strait up no. But boldin and a 2nd i woud shyt myself and enjoy every minute of it.

It would never happen though. AZ would have no incentive to make the trade.

Actually, I would go straight up. Both want more money and may have trust issues with their current coaching staff. It would be almost an even trade.

(That and the Cards are my NFC team).

nevcraw
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
I am not sure Boldin offers this new offense the same thing Marshall does. I do like him though but he is the the "moss" like player they need to dominate. Marshall has few issues to but i think all his crap asside if catches the ball better he is our Moss.

Note: I am not saying he as good as moss, but could be as dangerous in the offense.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 03:58 PM
According to this, sounds like the meeting has already taken place

http://cbs4denver.com/broncos/nfl.brandon.marshall.2.1042216.html

Friday morning Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall was a no-show for the start of the team's mandatory minicamp. However, a few hours later, Marshall did appear at the Broncos' facilities for a meeting with owner Pat Bowlen and Head Coach Josh McDaniels.

Marshall has not spoken publicly about any issues with the Broncos, but it's believed that he wants a new contract from the team, one he feels is warranted after his Pro Bowl season in 2008.

Marshall is entering his 4th season. His current contract will pay him just over $2 million in 2009. It's been reported that almost 70 receivers around the league will make more than Marshall this coming season.

Speaking after practice, head coach Josh McDaniels would not address any specific grievances that Marshall might have, saying he was hopeful for a resolution, but that the team must continue preparations with or without Marshall.

"Whether it does or doesn't get fixed, that's going to be something that plays out in the future," McDaniels said. "We're going to coach the guys that are here as best we can. Try to get the team to improve every day we have, and when he's ready to go and we can get him out here, we'll get him out here."

Marshall caught 104 passes for 1,265 yards and six TDs last year. In three NFL seasons, Marshall has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns.

Nature Boy
06-12-2009, 04:12 PM
Fitzgerald for Marshall straight up, yes, but the Cards will never bite.

Marshall and a 2nd for Fitzgerald..., interesting but the Cards will not fix what is not broken. Marshall's got butterfingers compared to Fitzgerald.

Gamechanger
06-12-2009, 04:22 PM
Fitzgerald for Marshall straight up, yes, but the Cards will never bite.

Marshall and a 2nd for Fitzgerald..., interesting but the Cards will not fix what is not broken. Marshall's got butterfingers compared to Fitzgerald.

kids, say no to drugs

GEM
06-12-2009, 05:05 PM

Woooohoooo if that happens then you'll have one more incentive to go over to the Bears board...all you'll need is Shanny and it's a go!

broncohead
06-12-2009, 05:13 PM
wow 70 recievers will get more money. He deserves at least top 20.

Dortoh
06-12-2009, 05:22 PM
Josh McDaniels is the last person on earth I would want to talk to about a problem.

He is an arrogant ass that only cares about his ego.

Pat's door is "always open"......glad to see someone finally step through it.

All is fine in Bronco land. Nothing to see here. Move along

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1229/bowleninformationminist.jpg

weazel
06-12-2009, 05:30 PM
I blame Josh McDaniels. I bet Pat Bowlen is regretting he ever fired Mike Shanahan.

I blame your mom

dogfish
06-12-2009, 05:32 PM
wow 70 recievers will get more money. He deserves at least top 20.

and i believe the team would be glad to give him that type of money, but he needs to go about it the right way. . . if he hadn't had yet another run-in with the law recently he'd be in a MUCH better bargaining position. . . but add that and the hip surgery to all the rest of his bonehead moves, plus the fact that we'll have the means to keep him for another year whether or not a new CBA is signed, and he couldn't possibly have picked a worse time to agitate for a new deal-- his leverage is pretty much as low as it's going to get right now, especially as doogie has already proven conclusively that he's perfectly happy to piss away both talent and value as long as he can have the guys he wants. . .

he and his agent need to recognize that all those factors seriously affect his signability and overall value ATM, and accept that in this situation, he simply is not going to get paid the way his talent and production would otherwise dictate. . . one more ****-up away from a bigtime suspension? yea, forget it. . . he needs to come in, play this year and prove that he's both healthy and capable of staying out of trouble, and THEN he can make a legitimate argument for the big big bucks. . . but unless he's willing to sign a contract for considerably less than his pure production warrants in light of the other mitigating factors, the team shouldn't and most likely won't adjust his deal at this time. . .

what's he gonna do about it? stay home, get paid nothing, and further damage his reputation and image? there's no profit in that, and he won't be able to prove that his hip is healthy if he's not on the field. . . i would have rather signed cutler to a huge extension than trade him, but on this one i'm fully in support of the FO taking a stand. . . .

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 06:19 PM
http://www.google.com/hostednews/ap/article/ALeqM5jviaeDAGwWSopiBed4i8RKzTl6twD98PD4180

1 hour ago

ENGLEWOOD, Colo. (AP) — Denver Broncos wide receiver Brandon Marshall missed a mandatory minicamp on Friday but met later in the day with coach Josh McDaniels.

"We're going to do the best thing we can for the organization and for Brandon," McDaniels said before the meeting. "If those two things are the same, then it will work out. That's what we're attempting to do right now."

McDaniels said Marshall's contract could come up during the meeting, which was expected to include owner Pat Bowlen.

Marshall is due $2.2 million this season, the final year of a four-year contract he signed as a rookie.

He drove away from the team's training complex after about 1 hour, 15 minutes but didn't stop to speak with reporters. Team officials would not comment except to say that a meeting had been planned.

Marshall also missed part of the Broncos' optional passing camp earlier this spring after hip surgery, but his agent, Kennard McGuire, said at the time it wasn't a ploy to seek a contract re-negotiation.

McGuire didn't reply to an e-mail seeking comment Friday.

The Broncos could fine Marshall up to $9,070 for missing the mandatory minicamp. McDaniels said the Broncos will do "what the league rules allow" in terms of disciplining Marshall but called the rest of the matter internal.

It was McDaniels' second face-off with a high-profile player. Quarterback Jay Cutler became disenchanted when he learned the team had talked about trading him. When McDaniels and Bowen were unable to patch things up with Cutler, they traded him to the Bears.

Asked Friday if he thought the Broncos could settle things with Marshall, McDaniels said: "Whether this does or doesn't get fixed is something that's going to play out in the future."

Because of the surgery, Marshall had not been expected to work out during Friday's minicamp, but team officials said he was required to attend meetings and work with medical personnel.

The Pro Bowl receiver has caught 226 passes for 2,899 yards and 15 touchdowns during his three-year Denver career. He's had at least 100 receptions each of the last two years.

Marshall recently avoided legal and league problems over his March 1 arrest in Atlanta on misdemeanor battery charges stemming from a fight with his fiancee.

The charges were dropped last week when both Marshall and his fiancee, Michi Leshase Nogami-Campbell, refused to testify against each other. Earlier, the NFL decided against any punishment.

WARHORSE
06-12-2009, 06:28 PM
and i believe the team would be glad to give him that type of money, but he needs to go about it the right way. . . if he hadn't had yet another run-in with the law recently he'd be in a MUCH better bargaining position. . . but add that and the hip surgery to all the rest of his bonehead moves, plus the fact that we'll have the means to keep him for another year whether or not a new CBA is signed, and he couldn't possibly have picked a worse time to agitate for a new deal-- his leverage is pretty much as low as it's going to get right now, especially as doogie has already proven conclusively that he's perfectly happy to piss away both talent and value as long as he can have the guys he wants. . .

he and his agent need to recognize that all those factors seriously affect his signability and overall value ATM, and accept that in this situation, he simply is not going to get paid the way his talent and production would otherwise dictate. . . one more ****-up away from a bigtime suspension? yea, forget it. . . he needs to come in, play this year and prove that he's both healthy and capable of staying out of trouble, and THEN he can make a legitimate argument for the big big bucks. . . but unless he's willing to sign a contract for considerably less than his pure production warrants in light of the other mitigating factors, the team shouldn't and most likely won't adjust his deal at this time. . .

what's he gonna do about it? stay home, get paid nothing, and further damage his reputation and image? there's no profit in that, and he won't be able to prove that his hip is healthy if he's not on the field. . . i would have rather signed cutler to a huge extension than trade him, but on this one i'm fully in support of the FO taking a stand. . . .

If both parties play hardball, both will lose something. Brandon more than the Broncos. Brandon will never recoup monies lost by not showing up or staying out.

Brandon has enough leverage to apply pressure to the Broncos, but not enough to make them buckle.

If I were Pat Bowlen, I would tell Brandon this:

"Brandon, we want you here in Denver. Youre an outstanding player. I understand youve performed admirably while here in Denver, and your production is top ten.

At this time, I will continue to consider your requests, and will move towards an amicable compromise.

But I must warn you, if you want to keep dialogue open, then get back to work.

If you are not in this camp working, I promise you, I will not spend a single moment considering your situation.

I will not tolerate another drag through the media for my organization. We are interested in you long term, but under certain conditions since you continue to have off the field issues. We want you here, and we hope you want to be here.

I reiterate, if you are not here, there will be absolutely nothing done on your behalf while youre gone. And if you hold out and come back, nothing will be negotiated then either.

Lets keep working, and moving forward. Youre my employee and I want you to be happy here. You show me youre happy here by continuing on in faith with me.

Ive always paid those who deserve it. But I wont be backed into a corner by anyone, that includes you.

Any words of wisdom on your behalf Brandon?

No?

Well lets get back to work, and winning games."

Hawgdriver
06-12-2009, 06:34 PM
He's not gonna bring what Cutler brought.

He won't bring what Cutler brought...but I still think he is a huge trading chip. He's the best young WR on the planet, right? Maybe Jennings > Marshall, but it's close...huge trade-ability as I see it.

girler
06-12-2009, 06:46 PM
All is fine in Bronco land. Nothing to see here. Move along

http://img300.imageshack.us/img300/1229/bowleninformationminist.jpg

:coffee:

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 06:47 PM
Not long ago, one of the local sports reporters stated that Brandon left carrying a lot of boxes :tsk:

That does not sound good, if it's true.

slim
06-12-2009, 06:57 PM
He is an idiot. I doubt he will make it to long before he has a year suspension. Trade him for what you can.

Hawgdriver
06-12-2009, 06:59 PM
Not long ago, one of the local sports reporters stated that Brandon left carrying a lot of boxes :tsk:

That does not sound good, if it's true.

If it is true, then goodbye Brandon. We hardly knew ye. The good times were among the best, but then again you seemed to always disappoint with your behavior. This decision of yours was poor, and I appreciate that you have made it easier for me to form your eulogy.

Denver Native (Carol)
06-12-2009, 07:17 PM
http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12577176

Absent from the start of mandatory minicamp this morning, Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall met with team owner Pat Bowlen this afternoon at 2 p.m., then left the property at 3:15 p.m. Coach Josh McDaniels said after minicamp practice that he planned to meet with Marshall.

"It's something we're going to handle and take care of it in-house," McDaniels said after practice. "I've been through a number of these situations. Whether it does or doesn't get fixed, that's something that's going to play out in the future. But we're going to coach the guys that are here the best we can. When he's ready to go and we get him out here, we'll get him out here."

Marshall was dressed in black shorts and a black T-shirt and loaded three boxes into his car upon his departure. He declined to comment to reporters as he chatted on his cell phone.

When the Broncos went through a similar ordeal with then-disgruntled quarterback Jay Cutler, such meetings included owner Pat Bowlen, chief operating officer Joe Ellis, general manager Brian Xanders and McDaniels.

Marshall is recovering from hip surgery so he would not be able to participate in the offseason workouts, anyway. But he has sent a message to the team he is unhappy with his contract by first transferring his rehab three weeks ago to Orlando, Fla. while the rest of the team was participating in the "voluntary" minicamps, and then not reporting for the 8:30 a.m. meeting today that was to start the team's three-day "mandatory" minicamp.

"That's a personal decision that Brandon has made, and we'll do what the league rules allow us to do for a player that has missed a mandatory activity," McDaniels said. "The rest of that is really internal. I've spoken to him and his agent and that's a decision that he's made."

Marshall is in the final year of a four-year contract that will pay him $2.198 million this season. Marshall believes he's worth more after recording 100-plus catches in each of the past two seasons, and 58 receivers made more than $2.2 million in salary and bonuses last season.

Marshall has also cited a lack of trust in the Broncos' medical care as a reason for not wanting to rehab at the team's headquarters.

The Broncos have reason to consider Marshall an investment risk. The team might want to first see how he recovers from his hip surgery. He also has been involved in numerous off-field legal issues to the point where another infraction could leave him vulnerable to a long-term suspension under the league's personal conduct policy.

Benetto
06-12-2009, 07:30 PM
He was probably at the Orlando Magic game last night, considering he is a Orlando native...:tsk:

Work comes first Brandon...I really hope this mess is cleaned up and you are a Bronco for a long time..Hate to see ALL of our best players get traded away with one swing. Cutler, Weigman, and Marshall....

Skys falling, blah blah blah...Yeah I know...Marshall didn't have one TD in the last 3 losses that cost us the Playoffs, and he is a detriment to the team blah blah blah...but we need him on our team to succeed, believe that...:coffee:

slim
06-12-2009, 07:33 PM
He was probably at the Orlando Magic game last night, considering he is a Orlando native...:tsk:

Work comes first Brandon...I really hope this mess is cleaned up and you are a Bronco for a long time..Hate to see ALL of our best players get traded away with one swing. Cutler, Weigman, and Marshall....

Skys falling, blah blah blah...Yeah I know...Marshall didn't have one TD in the last 3 losses that cost us the Playoffs, and he is a detriment to the team blah blah blah...but we need him on our team to succeed, believe that...:coffee:

Not really. How many times between now and the start of the season will he beat up his girlfriend. I bet he gets suspended for the year before it even starts.

spikerman
06-12-2009, 08:25 PM
He won't bring what Cutler brought...but I still think he is a huge trading chip. He's the best young WR on the planet, right? Maybe Jennings > Marshall, but it's close...huge trade-ability as I see it.Actually both Fitzgerald and Andre Johnson are better than Marshall, but since they're not going anywhere maybe Marshall would have value as the best receiver available.

Lonestar
06-12-2009, 08:37 PM

there was a report that he just signed a shoe deal with IIRC Reebok and got a tour of the HQ and the new shoe designs that are not yet on the market that was done over the past couple of days..

that said

I would have thought if this talk was so necessary that he would have been in yesterday to do so so he could be at Dove Valley today and been with his teammates..

what warhorse said in his latest post was spot on.. he needs to know that he will only be fined for not attending mandatory MEETINGS and working with the Broncos doctors.. that he will be taken care of or they will offer him a contract with alot of incentives from brushing his teeth after meals, taking a certain % of snaps, % of passes caught vs attempted, to not getting arrested again..

If he did indeed load up a couple of boxes into his trunk that is the Equivalent of jay putting his house up for sale.. he seems not to have any intention of coming back to the facility..

although Josh reported that they were going to set down and talk again after this min camp.. and that he seemed to want him back in the fold and did not think it would take long to get him up to speed once he did report.. what he is doing is BEYOND dumb.. If he wants to play for DEN again he at least needs to be in those meetings learning what the other WR have been getting from him coaches for the past 7-10 days or so..

You just do not piss off the head man, by ignoring the rules at least a wise man does not..

Nature Boy
06-12-2009, 08:57 PM
I blame your mom

And I blame your grandma. What's your point?