PDA

View Full Version : Rod Smith Helps Out Students Who Lost Japan Trip

Lonestar
06-11-2009, 03:39 AM
LONGMONT, Colo. (CBS4) ―

Trip To Japan Canceled Over Swine Flu

Former Broncos wide receiver Rod Smith is stepping up to save the day for some local high school students planning a trip to Japan.

The students from Longmont were supposed to stay with host families in their sister city in Japan next month, but their housing was pulled by the Japanese due to the swine flu outbreak.

Smith decided he wanted to help out. On Tuesday he met with the students to discuss a fundraising plan to pay for hotel rooms.

Smith is an entrepreneur now and his latest venture is a coffee that's marketed to the health conscious. Profits from coffee sales will go directly to the trip and Smith figures that's a win-win for everybody.

"The benefit is not only for the person who drinks it, but for these guys getting to enjoy themselves and bring back the experiences that all of us wish we could have had when we were their age," Smith said. "That's what really drove me when they told me, I just imagined all the things that I missed out on."

Additional Resources

Those who would like to help should go to rodsmithinternational.com and click on "contact" to send an e-mail. Smith promises someone will make contact quickly.

http://broncosforums.com/forums/showthread.php?t=40137