PDA

View Full Version : Ronnie Hillman will be on the Brandon Spano show tonight (@brandonspano)

Tned
06-04-2012, 01:38 PM
Everything I've heard about this kid is positive, both about how he runs and just being a good kid. Brandon is going to have him on his show tonight for an interview:

RT @BrandonSpano Tonight on the show we will have Broncos rookie Ronnie Hillman! You guys are really gonna like this kid. He's a cool cat.

While it can vary some based on the player's schedules, he usually has players like this on in the first or second segment (within the first half hour of the show). If you can, tune in and listen.

Locally in Denver, it's AM 1510 or FM 93.7 or you can listen online at http://www.milehighsports.com/ and click "Listen Live" (on the right side or in the Radio menu).

His show is from 8:00-10:00 PM Denver time (MDT) and in addition to Hillman, I'm sure he'll have lots to talk about from today's OTA camp and probably some taped interviews/presser quotes as well.

Cugel
06-04-2012, 02:47 PM
I think Hillman has a chance to become the starting RB by late this season if he can learn to pass-block. He has all the tools to become an every-day back.

Of course you want a McGahee to run goal-line situations, but Hillman is a 3 down back. I think people who think he's going to fight it out with Knowshon Moreno for carries are going to be surprised. He's going to take as much of the carries as he can -- and his blocking is going to determine how much he plays.

With Peyton Manning running a no-huddle a lot of the time, you 're going to need a younger RB on the field because you can't make many substitutions. That favors Hillman.

Tned
06-04-2012, 04:38 PM
Based on what I'm reading from the beat reporters, I'm not sure Moreno will even be on the roster to fight for carries. Most of them seem to put Moreno in a four way (or so) battle for the last RB spot. So, anything can happen between now and opening day, but I think there's a good chance Moreno's on the outside looking in and will have to earn his way not only to getting carries, but to being a Bronco in September.

broncobryce
06-04-2012, 09:20 PM
Based on what I'm reading from the beat reporters, I'm not sure Moreno will even be on the roster to fight for carries. Most of them seem to put Moreno in a four way (or so) battle for the last RB spot. So, anything can happen between now and opening day, but I think there's a good chance Moreno's on the outside looking in and will have to earn his way not only to getting carries, but to being a Bronco in September.

Yeah, sadly I think Moreno's days are over here. I really had high hopes for him too.