PDA

View Full Version : Sources: NFL to hire fill-in officials

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2012, 10:31 AM
Talks between the NFL and its officials for a new contract have broken off, according to league sources.

The news was conveyed to the 32 teams in an email that the league sent on Sunday, the sources said. In the email, the NFL advised the teams that, at this time, it is now working to begin hiring replacement officials.

The league will look to hire officials from anywhere but the BCS conferences because those officials are run by NFL officials, and the NFL doesn't want to put the BCS officials in an awkward situation. Elite NCAA officials who have retired and officials from small college conferences and arena football will be considered, a league source said.

rest - http://espn.go.com/nfl/story/_/id/8006771/nfl-talks-officials-break-sources-say

Nomad
06-04-2012, 10:39 AM
Well Carol, do you think a certain someone might be interested? Never mind, I just read the BCS officials are ran by the NFL.

Oh and spiker, now's your chance:D

Denver Native (Carol)
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
Another year, another labor battle. This time, the NFL is going up against the NFL Referees Association

The league announced Monday that it will proceed immediately with the hiring and training of replacement officials. Negotiations with the NFL's referees remain unresolved.

"Our goal is to maintain the highest quality of officiating for our teams, players, and fans, including proper enforcement of the playing rules and efficient management of our games," the league said in a statement.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8298e71e/article/nfl-begins-to-hire-train-replacement-officials?module=HP11_headline_stack

OrangeHoof
06-04-2012, 02:49 PM
Would somebody please smack the crap out of Laz Diaz, just for all of us baseball watchers?

spikerman
06-04-2012, 03:56 PM
Well Carol, do you think a certain someone might be interested? Never mind, I just read the BCS officials are ran by the NFL.

Oh and spiker, now's your chance:D

I'm ready and then I would come on here and watch you all complain about the calls I made. Of course, anybody who complains would be wrong! :D

Carol, put in a good word with your son for me!

dogfish
06-04-2012, 04:28 PM
i doubt the scabs can be any worse than the regular zebras. . . . :coffee:

dogfish
06-04-2012, 04:29 PM
I'm ready and then I would come on here and watch you all complain about the calls I made. Of course, anybody who complains would be wrong! :D

Carol, put in a good word with your son for me!

is it tough to participate in the most hated profession besides lawyers?

:lol:

spikerman
06-04-2012, 04:54 PM
is it tough to participate in the most hated profession besides lawyers?

:lol:

Nah, you just know how it's going to be going in. The difference between us and lawyers is that we already know who's ultimately going to win any argument. :)

Nomad
06-04-2012, 05:15 PM
i doubt the scabs can be any worse than the regular zebras. . . . :coffee:

Maybe the replacements wouldn't throw so many flags and let the players play for a change.