PDA

View Full Version : Setting the record straight: Peyton Manning’s “neck injury”

DenBronx
06-02-2012, 02:43 PM
Everywhere I go these days, I hear the same thing. I’m certain you’ve heard it to. It is the incessant ranting of know-it-all blowhards, be it through online anonymity or beer-soaked breath at the local sports bar. “Just wait until he gets hit,” they preach. Say it with me: “Manning is one hit away from…”

From there, it generally ranges between retirement and varying degrees of paralysis.

For now, lets forget about the motives of these individuals, certainly all of which fall into one of the following categories: Tebow fans, Steeler fans, fans of our AFC West rivals, Patriots fans, fans of teams Manning turned down during his free agent tour or jaded, simple-minded fools (aka all of the above). Instead, let’s take a look at the reality of the situation and separate fact from fiction. While I’m not claiming to be an orthopedic surgeon and Manning’s doctors have refused to publicly state what I’m about to say (out of professional integrity), the reality is far less dire than many seem to hope.

“His risk is really very low.”

RED FULL ARTICLE:
http://broncosreport.com/2012/06/01/setting-the-record-straight-peyton-mannings-neck-injury/

MOtorboat
06-02-2012, 10:12 PM
This thread needs to stay at the top.

SR
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM
Sticky this thread please. I'm tired of explaining this to idiotic people.

pnbronco
06-02-2012, 10:28 PM
I just read this article and I really like they way they stated it esp this part:

Peyton Manning suffered from a degenerative nerve issue that was causing weakness in his arm. It could happen whether he played 13 years in the NFL or never picked up a football in his life. The neck just happens to be where the nerve is located, but it’s not a “neck injury” in the way most people imagine.

I get tired of trying to explain also but I didn't realize that it had nothing to do with football. I try to tell people that it's a nerve but most people I try to tell really don't what to listen....oh well..:whoknows:

Simple Jaded
06-02-2012, 11:43 PM
Matt Prater is "one hit away from.......", that's football.......

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 02:08 AM
isnt the neck bone connected to the head bone?

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 02:09 AM
people talk like manning is a pot head, 'just one hit away..."

nflfan
06-03-2012, 04:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UhPCrhngKM0

LTC Pain
06-03-2012, 10:01 AM
And we have some so-called "Broncos Fans" who hope Manning gets hurt! I don't get it???

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 11:31 AM
And we have some so-called "Broncos Fans" who hope Manning gets hurt! I don't get it???no those arent bronco fANs, those are TEBOW fans! we have always known there is a very clear distinction!
It is why TEBOW fans heve never been embraced by true bronco fans!
they are a polarizing faction, NOT a welcome addition to the fold.
Tebow is a great human being, the same cannot be said about so many of his zealot followers, who ironicly tout religion as their bond.

Nomad
06-03-2012, 11:44 AM
And we have some so-called "Broncos Fans" who hope Manning gets hurt! I don't get it???

I sure hope he doesn't get hurt. I have high hopes the BRONCOS win another Superbowl in the next few years.

nevcraw
06-03-2012, 03:06 PM
no those arent bronco fANs, those are TEBOW fans! we have always known there is a very clear distinction!
Tebow is a great human being, the same cannot be said about so many of his zealot followers, who ironicly tout religion as their bond.

you are polarizing but still spouting your own rhetoric ;-) guy is in NY now.. time to give it a rest and stop calling out fans..

artie_dale
06-03-2012, 03:08 PM
I sure hope he doesn't get hurt. I have high hopes the BRONCOS win another Superbowl in the next few years.

Our chances are much better much sooner with Peyton. If anyone could pull a miracle comeback season, I'd put money on one of the best QB's ever to play to be that someone.

TXBRONC
06-04-2012, 10:14 AM
The doctors cleared him played. Doctors aren't stupid are not going to give a clean bill of heath if they're not reasonably certain further damage could be done.

Whether article goes is that yes it is an injury. Don't try to soft peddle it (that's to the author not anyone here). An injury is an injury.

Even if the nerve never fully recovers it doesn't mean that Manning can't return to form. We'll all know soon enough.

Ravage!!!
06-04-2012, 10:27 AM
has someone sent this to vandy?

Cugel
06-04-2012, 10:33 AM
no those arent bronco fANs, those are TEBOW fans! we have always known there is a very clear distinction!

Arguing with them got be banned from the official forum. That kind of crap drives me crazy. I went off on some imbecile who tried to argue that Elway was against Tebow starting because he's a born again Christian.

"It ain't cool to be a Christian in the world today, just like it wasn't in Jesus' day!" :rolleyes:

Yup. Tim Tebow not being named the starting QB or being traded is just exactly like Christian martyrs being torn apart by lions in the arena!

This is a perfect example of the type of "thinking" of the Teboners.

Cugel
06-04-2012, 10:36 AM
Really the only question with Manning is NOT whether he is "one hit away from paralysis" or something equally idiotic.

It's whether his recovery will continue to where he has the same arm strength as before his injury. He's not 100% yet, and the doctors all say that "it's just a matter of time."

But, until it actually happens, he's going to have good days and bad days like he has in OTAs already.

topscribe
06-04-2012, 11:57 AM
you are polarizing but still spouting your own rhetoric ;-) guy is in NY now.. time to give it a rest and stop calling out fans..
Zam was simply responding to another post, and I'm glad he did . . .

topscribe
06-04-2012, 11:59 AM
The doctors cleared him played. Doctors aren't stupid are not going to give a clean bill of heath if they're not reasonably certain further damage could be done.

Whether article goes is that yes it is an injury. Don't try to soft peddle it (that's to the author not anyone here). An injury is an injury.

Even if the nerve never fully recovers it doesn't mean that Manning can't return to form. We'll all know soon enough.
Yes, I like the article a lot, but when he said it wasn't an injury, it conjured up
the image of Peyton lying face down on the turf . . .