PDA

View Full Version : Von Miller not satisfied with 2011, even though he was defensive rookie of the year

Denver Native (Carol)
06-02-2012, 12:11 PM
There are many people who earn their living in the NFL who are quick to say what kind of impact player Von Miller can be.

And yet Miller, with lofty goals tucked in his pockets, is just as quick to say what kind of player he doesn't want to be.

"I don't want to be the guy coming off the field," Miller said. "I don't want to be the guy who has some kind of injury. I don't want to be the guy making mistakes. I don't want to be that guy.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20765036/broncos-von-miller-not-satisfied-2011-season-impact-player

Chef Zambini
06-02-2012, 04:15 PM
maybe some of you who can only see von as 'dynamic' wont allow themselves to accept that on MANy occasions, von was taken off the field because he was a defensive liability.
But I applaude him for reccognizing that reality and wanting to alter it this season !
Youi may still call him dynamic, I think his attitude qualifies !

MOtorboat
06-02-2012, 04:28 PM
maybe some of you who can only see von as 'dynamic' wont allow themselves to accept that on MANy occasions, von was taken off the field because he was a defensive liability.
But I applaude him for reccognizing that reality and wanting to alter it this season !
Youi may still call him dynamic, I think his attitude qualifies !

How did I know you'd be the first to respond with your negative, baseless crap about Miller?

Nomad
06-02-2012, 06:48 PM
Kickass Miller...Elway will pay the fine!:D

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 01:27 AM
so I guess Von and I are BOTH mistaken abouthim being taken off the field.

Shananahan
06-03-2012, 01:57 AM
You're a joyless schmuck, dude.

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 02:11 AM
your sister is a lousy lay

Timmy!
06-03-2012, 03:51 AM
Zam. Meds. Now.

artie_dale
06-03-2012, 05:16 AM
Hey, if Von was pulled for being a "liability" during certain plays, AND STILL was a factor, accumulated the stats he did, AND WON Defensive Rookie of the year, AS A ROOKIE, I'm excited to have him. I just may draft him with my 2nd or 3rd pick in my keeper league (first two rounds consist of me having the 6th, 9th, & 12th).

MOtorboat
06-03-2012, 06:28 AM
Hey, if Von was pulled for being a "liability" during certain plays, AND STILL was a factor, accumulated the stats he did, AND WON Defensive Rookie of the year, AS A ROOKIE, I'm excited to have him. I just may draft him with my 2nd or 3rd pick in my keeper league (first two rounds consist of me having the 6th, 9th, & 12th).

He was pulled in one game, early in the season after overrunning a play which resulted in a touchdown.

Zam, and people of his ilk (he is not the only person to blow that out of proportion) have taken that one play and turned Miller into a "liability" against the run.

PFF' metrics, and of course actually watching the games after that, show is a different story, in which Miller started to become an all-around defensive force. He was the most dominant defensive player in the league for a six week stretch (yes, he did miss a game during that stretch). It's a shame he got injured, because every deficiency that gets made up about him, he was proving wrong.

Once hurt, he was less dominant, but was still effective at times and didn't make mistakes. I believe PFF notes that he didn't miss a tackle all season.

EMB6903
06-03-2012, 07:54 AM
Von was pulled very early on In short yardage situations only for fox to prove a point.

He is not a liability against the run.

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 09:39 AM
actually, he was getting screened to his siide to off-set his pass rush, it wasnt just run plays that put Von on the sidelines.
he was a rookie, he made mistakes, opponents took advantage of what they saw in early game film. he was ROY !
did I call him a bum?
HE said the same thing I did, chew him a new one !
He wants to do the things that will keep him on the every down, every situation !
those are his sentaments, his words, why you on my case for commending him for his attitude?
mo youre a schmo !

MOtorboat
06-03-2012, 09:43 AM
So, Miller is the one calling himself a liability?

That's far from what he's getting at. There are probably 15-20 players on the team I could label "liabilities" in certain situations, why do you continue to harp on the best player? You do it with Bailey too. It's not logical. It doesn't make sense.

Chef Zambini
06-03-2012, 11:52 AM
"But the other thing was, even before I got hurt, I was coming off the field sometimes, and I've never had that happen to me before. I just have to find that consistency it takes to be in there.""I don't want to be the guy coming off the field," Miller said.

"I don't want to be the guy who has some kind of injury. I don't want to be the guy making mistakes. I don't want to be that guy."

Thes are vons own comments. he never used the word 'liability' or "mortgage" for that matter. please forgive my use of vocabulary.

I aplaud his desire to improve and not rest on his laurels, like vilma did. !
I am a von miller fan, he has high expectations and the right attitude to get there.

Read more: Von Miller not satisfied with 2011, even though he was defensive rookie of the year - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20765036/broncos-von-miller-not-satisfied-2011-season-impact-player#ixzz1wkX1xHFi
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Read more: Von Miller not satisfied with 2011, even though he was defensive rookie of the year - The Denver Post http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_20765036/broncos-von-miller-not-satisfied-2011-season-impact-player#ixzz1wkWqwgoN
Read The Denver Post's Terms of Use of its content: http://www.denverpost.com/termsofuse

Nomad
06-03-2012, 11:55 AM
It was Von's first year.....the kid will become a beast, learn from his mistakes and he'll make a name for himself. Looking forward to watching him.