PDA

View Full Version : Torain back on field; running wind sprints.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-09-2009, 11:51 PM
Good for Ryan. (http://www.denverpost.com/broncos/ci_12549590)

dogfish
06-10-2009, 12:02 AM
this just in:

Torain back on trainers table; suffers serious high ankle sprain running wind sprints

Nature Boy
06-10-2009, 01:16 AM
Torrain have not been able to stay healthy since probably his junior year in high school.

We have way too many RBs. On his next injury, I'm guessing the 2nd-3rd day of training camp, the Broncos need to cut him and make space for Defensive players.

Lonestar
06-10-2009, 01:27 AM
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/09/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Near the end of the passing camp workout Monday, a Broncos player in a No. 42 jersey came out to participate in wind sprints. It was an all-too- unfamiliar sight.

Since running back Ryan Torain arrived at Broncos headquarters by way of the fifth round in the 2008 draft, he has spent most of his time out of uniform, behind the closed doors of the training room, recovering from injury.

"I'm just trying to stay positive," Torain said. "I'm loving life right now. I'm just happy to be here."

A great outlook for a tailback who can't seem to catch a break, unless it's to one of his limbs. Torain was moving up the depth chart last year when he suffered a dislocated left elbow during a training camp drill. There went the first half of

He flashed special ability in the first half of the Broncos' ninth game against Cleveland, gaining 68 yards on 12 carries. But before halftime, he suffered a torn anterior cruciate ligament in his left knee.

There went the second half of the season. Torain's appearance Monday was his first with the team since his knee injury. Will he be ready by training camp in late July?

"No timetable," he said. "The knee feels good, though."

Marshall deadline.

Broncos receiver Brandon Marshall is there today. The coach wants him here Friday. Marshall moved his rehabilitation for a surgically repaired hip from Broncos headquarters to Orlando, Fla., on March 22. Because the offseason workouts are considered voluntary, Marshall was able to leave the team without penalty.

However, the Broncos' three-day minicamp Friday through Sunday has been designated as mandatory participation.

"He's expected to be here Friday, just like I expect all our players to be here," Broncos coach Josh McDaniels said.

Catching on.

The last player off the practice field Monday was rookie linebacker/defensive end Robert Ayers. The first-round draft pick was not putting in extra time on his pass-rushing technique, or pass-coverage footwork. He was catching footballs from a Jugs machine because he has dropped five possible interceptions during the minicamp.
Ayers was working with the first-team nickel defense at outside linebacker Monday.

Footnotes.

Free safety Brian Dawkins was excused from the workout Monday because of a personal matter. He was replaced on the first team Monday by rookie David Bruton. . . . Outside linebacker Wesley Woodyard has a minor injury and didn't practice Monday. . . . Naturally, a former Marine led a group of approximately 30 offensive and defensive linemen in the postpractice conditioning sprints. Rulon Davis, a defensive end who fought in Iraq and is now fighting for a roster job as an undrafted rookie, won each sprint by a good 5 yards.

Tned
06-10-2009, 07:48 AM
Good to see Ryan getting closer. With all the backs brought in (FA's and Moreno), it's going to be an uphill battle for him. He showed enough last year that I would like to see him healthy enough to compete, before they make a decision on him.