PDA

View Full Version : Notebook: Del Rio, Fox Building 'Our Defense'

Denver Native (Carol)
06-01-2012, 11:17 AM
ENGLEWOOD, Colo. -- Defensive Coordinator Jack Del Rio is understandably excited to once again work with Head Coach John Fox. The two worked on the same staff in Carolina back in 2002, when Del Rio served as defensive coordinator during Fox's first season as an NFL head coach.

"The game evolves and you're constantly evolving with it," Del Rio said. "It's cyclical at times. Things that were en vogue a couple decades before will come back into the game. It's been a good experience. The last time around I was fresh off my time in Baltimore and got with Coach Fox, I really learned a lot from him and tried to apply that and make that ours. Really it's been the same approach here."

If 2002 was any indication, the Del Rio-Fox connection will make for plenty more long afternoons for opposing quarterbacks already wary of linebacker Von Miller and defensive end Elvis Dumervil, who combined for 21 sacks in 2011.

rest - http://www.denverbroncos.com/news-and-blogs/article-1/Notebook-Del-Rio-Fox-Building-Our-Defense/7a475d84-f20f-4039-9ade-7565620a3986

ShaneFalco
06-01-2012, 11:59 AM
man im so pumped for this season

BroncoStud
06-01-2012, 12:09 PM
Then the propaganda is doing a good job...

ShaneFalco
06-01-2012, 12:19 PM
i eat my friends up in madden with von miller lol

cant wait to watch him in his 2nd year

underrated29
06-01-2012, 12:30 PM
Del Rio is the second biggest signing aside from peyton we have had this year. One that I am pumped for.

claymore
06-01-2012, 12:37 PM
Del Rio is the second biggest signing aside from peyton we have had this year. One that I am pumped for.

I too am excited. We had a pretty good offseason IMO.

Cugel
06-01-2012, 01:00 PM

Very true. Del Rio is a good defensive coach. He was an assistant with the SB Ravens who had the greatest defense in modern NFL history. His success led him to get a head-coaching job, which, in accord with the Peter Principle (http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Principle)proved to be the "level of his incompetence." I.e. a man who succeeds at one level in an organization gets promoted until he reaches the level of his incompetence. For Del Rio this is head coach.

But, he makes a good DC. Hopefully he won't be gone next year to some other team that wants him as a head coach but if he's successful that's very likely.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 01:02 PM
I remain concerned about our safties and our ability to stop the run

underrated29
06-01-2012, 01:37 PM
I remain concerned about our safties and our ability to stop the run
And knowshon on the PUP!

fixed.

Superchop 7
06-01-2012, 02:08 PM
With Manning......beef up the secondary and find guys that can rush the passer.

It doesn't take a genius to figure out how to defend a lead.

But......I like Del Rio for this.......when we drafted Omar......we got a guy that will get on the line and stuff Wes Welker, he is strong (24 reps) and nasty.

Chef Zambini
06-02-2012, 02:17 AM
del rio and fox...
wer stole them away from winning programs?
forgive me for my muted enthusiasm.
I like both men, both coaches. I hope they do well in denver!
we havent lost a game yet, so lets enjoy the nirvanah.