PDA

View Full Version : Man, can this really be?

Poet
10-25-2007, 07:32 AM
Ever sit back and realize that you are old? I turn twenty in November, and I am saddened to say that I feel older than dirt. I guess when you look back at your life you see yourself in different stages or phases or whatever the right word is. Most of my life I have been, well, young. And by young I mean I had no real responsibilities or cares. Now I get older and the monster that is college is standing right in front of me laughing his arse off. I am starting to get a taste of what it costs money wise to live in this corn and soy plagued hell hole that is Springfield Illinois. But mostly, I feel old..............someone hand me a damn walker and schedule me a visit with the local retirement center )=.

Tned
10-25-2007, 07:48 AM
Ever sit back and realize that you are old? I turn twenty in November, and I am saddened to say that I feel older than dirt. I guess when you look back at your life you see yourself in different stages or phases or whatever the right word is. Most of my life I have been, well, young. And by young I mean I had no real responsibilities or cares. Now I get older and the monster that is college is standing right in front of me laughing his arse off. I am starting to get a taste of what it costs money wise to live in this corn and soy plagued hell hole that is Springfield Illinois. But mostly, I feel old..............someone hand me a damn walker and schedule me a visit with the local retirement center )=.

LOL, I can understand where you are coming from, but what most of us wouldn't give to be 20 again. On the bright side, the responsibilites and cares only get much greater and more demanding as you get older. :D

anton...
10-25-2007, 10:10 AM
i turn 20 in december this year...

i kinda fear turning 20, simply because i wont be the "young" kid enymore in a sense...

but i dont have to grow up just yet...

im still having a blast with life and am certainly not ready to retire...

its not all about age, its about how you feel and act...

and i still act like a 14 year old...

:D
________
Volcano Vaporizer (http://volcanovaporizer.net/)

Requiem / The Dagda
10-25-2007, 10:16 AM
Whenever people ask me how old I am, I always say 18 or 19, because mentally that's where I am - I still feel younger than I actually am. 20 is a weird age, I'll be out of it come April, but it's just so crazy. At the end of this year, I'll have my third year of college completed and only a year and a half left to go and I'm out on the job market trying to make a life. It's interesting and scary at the same time.

underrated29
10-25-2007, 12:10 PM
dude try being married and have a son at 23, thats some resonsablility. Its cool though, its what we wanted to do, but there is no room for error, and not much for partying or doing whatever you want.

I still feel like i am 19 or something, so i guess thats good. Actually sometimes people ask how old i am and i say 21, and then i say wait i think i am older, then i have to check my id. It's kinda sad actually.

Dont worry, once you get college out of your system and get into the working world, life slows back down again. Atleast it did for me...

Poet
10-25-2007, 12:21 PM
dude try being married and have a son at 23, thats some resonsablility. Its cool though, its what we wanted to do, but there is no room for error, and not much for partying or doing whatever you want.

I still feel like i am 19 or something, so i guess thats good. Actually sometimes people ask how old i am and i say 21, and then i say wait i think i am older, then i have to check my id. It's kinda sad actually.

Dont worry, once you get college out of your system and get into the working world, life slows back down again. Atleast it did for me...

Well I commend you for handling your business so to speak. You kinda just put that whole thing in perspective.

Thread Over hahahahaha;)

Watchthemiddle
10-25-2007, 03:08 PM
THis is a funny topic. THe other day someone asked me how old I was and I honestly couldn't remember. Not because I am old like TOP...:laugh:...but just because my mind and body still feel like I am 18. I am 32 but couldn't remember if I was 31 or 32. Not a big deal, but that got me thinking about this and how fast my life has gone since I turned 16 till now. Double the years. Its really amazing at how fast time goes even if to you it feels like time is dragging.

To those in college on this board or maybe even high school....high schoolers don't wish your time away by wanting to graduate and go to college. High school is the best time of your life. College goers, don't wish your college time away by wanting to graduate and get into the real world. Other then High School, College is a great time and a short time in your life. Enjoy it because before you know it you will have your own family and will be thinking about how you will put your kids through college.

Enjoy it!!:beer:

KCL
10-25-2007, 03:29 PM
Whenever people ask me how old I am, I always say 18 or 19, because mentally that's where I am - I still feel younger than I actually am. 20 is a weird age, I'll be out of it come April, but it's just so crazy. At the end of this year, I'll have my third year of college completed and only a year and a half left to go and I'm out on the job market trying to make a life. It's interesting and scary at the same time.

20 in April....my birthday is in April too....:eek::laugh:

20 is not old by no means...my daughter will be 22 tomorrow....

now talk about something making one feel old....;)

KCL
10-25-2007, 03:32 PM
THis is a funny topic. THe other day someone asked me how old I was and I honestly couldn't remember. Not because I am old like TOP...:laugh:...but just because my mind and body still feel like I am 18. I am 32 but couldn't remember if I was 31 or 32. Not a big deal, but that got me thinking about this and how fast my life has gone since I turned 16 till now. Double the years. Its really amazing at how fast time goes even if to you it feels like time is dragging.

To those in college on this board or maybe even high school....high schoolers don't wish your time away by wanting to graduate and go to college. High school is the best time of your life. College goers, don't wish your college time away by wanting to graduate and get into the real world. Other then High School, College is a great time and a short time in your life. Enjoy it because before you know it you will have your own family and will be thinking about how you will put your kids through college.

Enjoy it!!:beer:

I don't feel old...wait a minute...I'm not old....just older than I use to be:laugh:

and WTM start saving for those college cost...and cars and insurance and
cellphones...that is where I am right now with my kids...:eek:

Jody
10-25-2007, 03:59 PM
i turn 20 in december this year...

i kinda fear turning 20, simply because i wont be the "young" kid enymore in a sense...

but i dont have to grow up just yet...

im still having a blast with life and am certainly not ready to retire...

its not all about age, its about how you feel and act...

and i still act like a 14 year old...

Anton.....I have a feeling you will forever be young at heart, and that is a compliment. ;) Another poster who's rather young at heart is buck. There's a saying, "The trick is growing up, without growing old."

Now, KCL? That's a whole different story. :D (I love messing with her)

WTM - 32 is a perfect age. Enjoy those 8 years remaining - as much as possible! (I've been taking my vitamins - thank you) ;)

Buff
10-25-2007, 04:10 PM
I'm 23 going on 17... I've got a job that requires me to be pretty mature throughout the day since many people rely on me as an industry expert-- but during my downtime I'm the same lazy college student I was 4 years ago. I have absolutely no interest in having kids or getting married for AT LEAST a few more years... Hell, I have a hard enough time figuring out where I'm eating at night, let alone a little one.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-25-2007, 04:24 PM
20 in April....my birthday is in April too....:eek::laugh:

20 is not old by no means...my daughter will be 22 tomorrow....

now talk about something making one feel old....;)

Well, 21 in April - then I reach real adulthood. . . :laugh:

KCL
10-25-2007, 06:43 PM
Well, 21 in April - then I reach real adulthood. . . :laugh:

what day in April....I have to know if we were born under
the same sign...;)

21...oh yes....that was many moons ago for me...:D

KCL
10-25-2007, 06:44 PM
I'm 23 going on 17... I've got a job that requires me to be pretty mature throughout the day since many people rely on me as an industry expert-- but during my downtime I'm the same lazy college student I was 4 years ago. I have absolutely no interest in having kids or getting married for AT LEAST a few more years... Hell, I have a hard enough time figuring out where I'm eating at night, let alone a little one.

I was 23 when I got married (the 1st time I was 18....now what the hell
was I thinking....:confused: )

But yes stay single for awhile and enjoy it!

KCL
10-25-2007, 06:46 PM
Now, KCL? That's a whole different story. :D (I love messing with her)

Thats okay....I can mess with you too!:laugh:

melissAnn
10-25-2007, 07:06 PM
I was married at 18- still married to him too- and we are still like this :love: sickeningly so haha
I turn 30 at the very end of november... about 6 months ago I was alittle apprehensive about turning 30... but so much has happened since then and to tell you the truth I was an idiot for most of my 20's lol... you guys would not believe me if I told you the stories (trust me!) I want to laugh pretty hard when I hear someone say 20 is old- it's a joke... your still a baby when your 20 (well maybe not everyone- but like 95% of you lol)
I am looking forward to the next path of my life... I am done having kids (thank God), they are both out of infant stage (thank God) which allows me to get back into my creative side and spend time doing stuff I like/want/need- so now I only have stuff to look forward to... since I workout and eat fairly good I don't feel pyhsically any different then when I was 20... actually I am in better shape now as I was a lazy ass then :laugh:

BTW my dad says he still feels 18... your body ages, you mind expands as you learn more... but your spirit can stay young forever :)

SBboundBRONCOS
10-25-2007, 07:15 PM
yeah i can relate unlike a lot of these geezers lol jk guys

im turning 20 nov 16 its kinda weird, im not gonna be a teen anymore:tsk:

Poet
10-26-2007, 06:32 AM
yeah i can relate unlike a lot of these geezers lol jk guys

im turning 20 nov 16 its kinda weird, im not gonna be a teen anymore:tsk:

Yeah that is the strangest feeling in the world isn't it? I have been a teenager forever man. As soon as November 18th rolls around I am no longer one. When I was a little kid I never thought I would get older. I always though I would hit 20 and then the next day I would be four again.....................Damn I feel old.

GEM
10-26-2007, 11:42 AM
At 32, with 2 daughters, I'm going through a phase right now of feeling old. Not old in a bad way, just old in a very motherly way.

My oldest daughter is going through the phase of elementary school where she loves school right now. She's excelling at it and it's not taking a lot of effort. I remember that phase. I remember how she is feeling.

My youngest just had her birthday and for it she got a couple of posters for her bedroom wall. One is the guy from High School Musical with hearts around him. I remember that as well, except it was Donnie from New Kids on the Block.

It's just a very mature feeling old. It's so weird to think of the comparisons that I live through my girls. I often remind myself that at some point my mom must have thought all of these same things. It's a great reminder of the things that we pass down between generations. I tell my mom things and she just laughs. Then she reminds me that I did the same things as a child.

It's a very cool feeling, knowing that these 2 young women look up to me, my daughter had a card sitting on my coffee table this morning. She knows I've had a rough couple of weeks, since finding out that their father has returned to using drugs and that I have cut him out of their life completely until he seeks rehab. Another story for another day. But this card was so touching. And it really let me know that no matter what I'm going through I can turn to my daughters for support.

I got way off topic here. :laugh:

Uncle Buck
10-26-2007, 01:57 PM

Here's an inspirational poem I wrote just for you, King! It's called...

"DO NOT GO GENTLE INTO THAT GOOD NIGHT"

(Well, actually, I was too busy living at the time to write this poem, so I talked Dylan Thomas into penning it for you! :D )

Do not go gentle into that good night,
Old age should burn and rave at close of day;
Rage, rage against the dying of the light.

Though wise men at their end know dark is right,
Because their words had forked no lightning they
Do not go gentle into that good night.

Good men, the last wave by, crying how bright
Their frail deeds might have danced in a green bay,

Wild men who caught and sang the sun in flight,
And learn, too late, they grieved it on its way,

Grave men, near death, who see with blinding sight
Blind eyes could blaze like meteors and be gay,

And you, my father, there on the sad height,
Curse, bless me now with your fierce tears, I pray.

Requiem / The Dagda
10-26-2007, 03:33 PM
what day in April....I have to know if we were born under
the same sign...;)

21...oh yes....that was many moons ago for me...:D

I'm an Aries.

anton...
10-26-2007, 04:06 PM
I'm an Aries.

I'm an Anton.

:cool:
________
LIVE SEX (http://livesexwebshows.com/)

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 04:10 PM
At 32, with 2 daughters, I'm going through a phase right now of feeling old. Not old in a bad way, just old in a very motherly way.

My oldest daughter is going through the phase of elementary school where she loves school right now. She's excelling at it and it's not taking a lot of effort. I remember that phase. I remember how she is feeling.

My youngest just had her birthday and for it she got a couple of posters for her bedroom wall. One is the guy from High School Musical with hearts around him. I remember that as well, except it was Donnie from New Kids on the Block.

It's just a very mature feeling old. It's so weird to think of the comparisons that I live through my girls. I often remind myself that at some point my mom must have thought all of these same things. It's a great reminder of the things that we pass down between generations. I tell my mom things and she just laughs. Then she reminds me that I did the same things as a child.

It's a very cool feeling, knowing that these 2 young women look up to me, my daughter had a card sitting on my coffee table this morning. She knows I've had a rough couple of weeks, since finding out that their father has returned to using drugs and that I have cut him out of their life completely until he seeks rehab. Another story for another day. But this card was so touching. And it really let me know that no matter what I'm going through I can turn to my daughters for support.

I got way off topic here. :laugh:

GEM... you may be older, but you still look like a beautiful 18.;)

King... don't worry about it man... 20 is still young... wait until you are Top's age.:eek::laugh:

GEM
10-26-2007, 04:17 PM
GEM... you may be older, but you still look like a beautiful 18.;)

King... don't worry about it man... 20 is still young... wait until you are Top's age.:eek::laugh:

YOU are just so damn adorable!! That's why I loves ya!!!:love:

Requiem / The Dagda
10-26-2007, 04:49 PM
I used to flirt with GEM, but she's an Ian Gold supporter and they are a bunch of weenies!

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 04:51 PM
YOU are just so damn adorable!! That's why I loves ya!!!:love:

I try. May I have this dance gorgeous??:dancing:

KCL
10-26-2007, 05:37 PM
I'm an Aries.

Me too......:eek: Oh no...it can't be....

:laugh::laugh:

GEM
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I used to flirt with GEM, but she's an Ian Gold supporter and they are a bunch of weenies!

I love me some Ian Gold. :whoo:

Could be worse....I could have adopted Paul Ernster....:laugh:

GEM
10-26-2007, 05:43 PM
I try. May I have this dance gorgeous??:dancing:

Of Course!! :D

bengaaaaals1688
10-26-2007, 06:16 PM
Of Course!! :D

And that makes it official that I win.:D

Requiem / The Dagda
10-26-2007, 06:33 PM
Me too......:eek: Oh no...it can't be....

:laugh::laugh:

It makes sense, Aries generally don't get along with other Aries. We're mean. >: ]

KCL
10-26-2007, 06:47 PM
It makes sense, Aries generally don't get along with other Aries. We're mean. >: ]

So what your saying is...we don't get along?:confused:

Aries are mean? You mean to each other or in general?;)

Jody
10-26-2007, 06:59 PM
So what your saying is...we don't get along?:confused:

Aries are mean? You mean to each other or in general?;)

Well, KCLady......

Do you want the GOOD NEWS first or the BAD NEWS? :D

:D I'm just here to be helpful!

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:01 PM
Well, KCLady......

Do you want the GOOD NEWS first or the BAD NEWS? :D

:D I'm just here to be helpful!

well I wanted to hear from Dream first but if you insist on being

a troublemaker....give me the good news and the bad news

together!

Jody
10-26-2007, 07:19 PM
"THE GOOD NEWS....."

Aries and Aries
On their first meeting Ariens see another Arien like looking in a mirror and because of their outspoken, fiery natures there may be fireworks. Ariens are impetuous and lively with so much energy they are always on the move from one adventure to the next. They will almost certainly be great friends and the tremendous sexual attraction between them will be blatantly obvious to everyone. :laugh:

Dream - Would you like the source? :D

*slaps knee laughing*

As far as for the Bad News....I'll save the best for last! *jumps up and down with joy*

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:27 PM
"THE GOOD NEWS....."

Aries and Aries
On their first meeting Ariens see another Arien like looking in a mirror and because of their outspoken, fiery natures there may be fireworks. Ariens are impetuous and lively with so much energy they are always on the move from one adventure to the next. They will almost certainly be great friends and the tremendous sexual attraction between them will be blatantly obvious to everyone. :laugh:

Dream - Would you like the source? :D

*slaps knee laughing*

As far as for the Bad News....I'll save the best for last! *jumps up and down with joy*

HW-You have some imagination....

Requiem / The Dagda
10-26-2007, 07:48 PM
LMAO! LOL. You crack me up HW. Thanks for the funny sign information. :beer:

I dunno KC, I just haven't really gotten along a whole lot with people of the same sign. There are some. . . I never get into that stuff though, I mean - well believe it, but you know - the more I think about it. . . the more it makes sense.

I can be a complete **** though, but I'm a pretty nice guy. At least the girl I'm tutoring thinks so! :eek:

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:51 PM
LMAO! LOL. You crack me up HW. Thanks for the funny sign information. :beer:

I dunno KC, I just haven't really gotten along a whole lot with people of the same sign. There are some. . . I never get into that stuff though, I mean - well believe it, but you know - the more I think about it. . . the more it makes sense.

I can be a complete **** though, but I'm a pretty nice guy. At least the girl I'm tutoring thinks so! :eek:

Yes HW is tooooooooooooo funny Dream and I really don't believe in the
whole "sign" bit either.

I just thought it was interesting/funny that you were born in April and then when you said you were an Aries....I was like....:laugh:

KCL
10-26-2007, 07:54 PM
Another thing Dream about signs...today is my daughters

birthday and its also Hillary Clintons...:shocked:

and my daughter is nothing like HC political wise...;)

Uncle Buck
10-26-2007, 08:31 PM
Another thing Dream about signs...today is my daughters

birthday and its also Hillary Clintons...:shocked:

and my daughter is nothing like HC political wise...;)

In that I was born on January 13, guess that makes me a "Capricorn." Hope I'm not TOO much like Richard Nixon!? :nixon:

KCL
10-26-2007, 08:36 PM
In that I was born on January 13, guess that makes me a "Capricorn." Hope I'm not TOO much like Richard Nixon!? :nixon:

so thats who that smiley is....:laugh:

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/06/16/image558769x.jpg

Uncle Buck
10-26-2007, 09:35 PM
so thats who that smiley is....:laugh:

http://wwwimage.cbsnews.com/images/2003/06/16/image558769x.jpg

LOL!! One and the same!

:rofl:

KCL
10-26-2007, 10:06 PM
LOL!! One and the same!

:rofl:

Uncle Buck...I just now realized that that smiley is
labled Nixon....I am a little slow tonight! :doh:

Jody
10-26-2007, 11:04 PM

and, let's NOT FORGET...."complicated". :D

Uncle Buck
10-27-2007, 01:00 AM

That's OK, honey.... you are still my favorite neice. Slow but *adorable*!

Poet
10-27-2007, 05:48 AM
And that makes it official that I win.:D

Glad someone here is winning.

Anyone ever get the feeling that the older they get the more miserable they feel?

bengaaaaals1688
10-27-2007, 02:06 PM
Glad someone here is winning.

Anyone ever get the feeling that the older they get the more miserable they feel?

I do... every day I wake up older and cry.:D

Jody
10-27-2007, 02:22 PM
I do... every day I wake up older and cry.:D

:confused: So......did we all come to a vote (in a round-a-bout way) that you're the OLDEST member in this thread? Okay! I'm game!
You win! :D

bengaaaaals1688
10-27-2007, 02:32 PM
:confused: So......did we all come to a vote (in a round-a-bout way) that you're the OLDEST member in this thread? Okay! I'm game!
You win! :D

Sure everyone vote.:listen:

Poet
10-28-2007, 03:32 AM
Sure everyone vote.:listen:

I vote that I stop getting older.

bengaaaaals1688
10-28-2007, 03:10 PM
I vote that I stop getting older.

You got my vote.:salute:

Poet
10-28-2007, 03:18 PM
You got my vote.:salute:

I regret to inform everyone that frequents this message board that I have been cursed. I aged 20 years in one night.

bengaaaaals1688
10-28-2007, 04:00 PM
I regret to inform everyone that frequents this message board that I have been cursed. I aged 20 years in one night.

No you have not... you have, however, lost 2 years.

AlWilsonizKING
10-28-2007, 04:19 PM
Haven't read all the post and I might be repeating another, but oh well....

Being 32, I still consider myself YOUNG!!! Look at it this way.

1.....20......32..........50..........70.......... .....100

The average lifespan is what like 80 or something now......I'm not even HALF WAY there so how can I be old?

If we broke it down to a year for every ten.....I'm just a little over 3 years old.....you are just about to be 2, so instead of complaining about how "old" you feel you are, take a minute and see just how "young" you really are.

IMO that's a major problom with this world we live in......everybody wants to grow up so fast in todays society....:confused: Why not enjoy being young for as long as you can?

But that's just me.

PEACE!!!

Jody
10-28-2007, 04:44 PM
Haven't read all the post and I might be repeating another, but oh well....

Being 32, I still consider myself YOUNG!!! Look at it this way.

1.....20......32..........50..........70.......... .....100

The average lifespan is what like 80 or something now......I'm not even HALF WAY there so how can I be old?

If we broke it down to a year for every ten.....I'm just a little over 3 years old.....you are just about to be 2, so instead of complaining about how "old" you feel you are, take a minute and see just how "young" you really are.

IMO that's a major problom with this world we live in......everybody wants to grow up so fast in todays society....:confused: Why not enjoy being young for as long as you can?

But that's just me.

PEACE!!!

Yes, but in dog years, you are 224 years of age. :D

Poet
10-28-2007, 04:46 PM
Happyness is not allowed in this thread.:tsk:

Poet
10-28-2007, 04:48 PM
No you have not... you have, however, lost 2 years.

I am now 45.

bengaaaaals1688
10-28-2007, 04:59 PM
I am now 45.

45 is a great age.:salute:

AlWilsonizKING
10-28-2007, 05:01 PM
Yes, but in dog years, you are 224 years of age. :D

Aaaahhhhhh But, I am not a dog....though some of my ex's might disagree......hehehe

PEACE!!!

bengaaaaals1688
10-28-2007, 05:02 PM
Aaaahhhhhh But, I am not a dog....though some of my ex's might disagree......hehehe

PEACE!!!

You are not a dog... correct... instead you are a terrible judge of rap talent.:tongue::laugh:

Jody
10-28-2007, 05:03 PM
I am now 45.

A very grumpy 45, King. ;) Just think, if you don't get that turned around in the next 10 years or so....you'll be REALLY grumpy, and then what are we going to do with you? :D