PDA

View Full Version : Apple's brand new iphone 3G S

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2009, 04:40 PM
Check it out! http://www.apple.com/iphone/iphone-3g-s/

Meet the fastest, most powerful iPhone yet. iPhone 3G S features video recording, Voice Control, up to 32GB of storage, and more.

The Fastest iPhone Ever
The first thing you’ll notice about iPhone 3G S is how quickly you can launch applications. Web pages render in a fraction of the time, and you can view email attachments faster. Improved performance and updated 3D graphics deliver an incredible gaming experience, too. In fact, everything you do on iPhone 3G S is up to 2x faster and more responsive than iPhone 3G.

Video
Now you can shoot video, edit it, and share it — all on your iPhone 3G S. Shoot high-quality VGA video in portrait or landscape. Trim your footage by adjusting start and end points. Then share your video in an email, post it to your MobileMe gallery, publish it on YouTube, or sync it back to your Mac or PC using iTunes.

3-Megapixel Camera
The new 3-megapixel camera takes great still photos, too, thanks to built-in autofocus and a handy new feature that lets you tap the display to focus on anything (or anyone) you want.

Voice Control
Voice Control recognizes the names in your Contacts and knows the music on your iPod. So if you want to place a call or play a song, all you have to do is ask.

Compass
With a built-in digital compass, iPhone 3G S can point the way. Use the new Compass app, or watch as it automatically reorients maps to match the direction you’re facing.

Cut, Copy & Paste
ut, copy, and paste words and photos, even between applications. Copy and paste images and content from the web, too.

Landscape Keyboard
Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

Send messages with text, video, photos, audio, locations, and contact information. You can even forward one or more messages to others.

Search
Find what you’re looking for across your iPhone, all from one convenient place. Spotlight searches all your contacts, email, calendars, and notes, as well as everything in your iPod.

Accessibility
iPhone 3G S offers accessibility features to assist users who are visually or hearing impaired. These features include the VoiceOver screen reader, a Zoom feature, White on Black display options, Mono Audio, and more.

Internet Tethering
Surf the web from practically anywhere. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop.

Voice Memos
Capture and share a thought, a memo, a meeting, or any audio recording on the go with the new Voice Memos application.

Nike + iPod
iPhone includes built-in Nike + iPod support. Just slip the Nike + iPod Sensor (available separately) into your Nike+ shoe and start your workout.

Stocks
Stocks on iPhone shows you charts, financial details, and headline news for any stock you choose. Rotate iPhone to see even more detailed information.

YouTube
Watch YouTube videos wherever you are. Log in to your YouTube account to save and sync bookmarks and rate your favorites.

Everything you love about iPhone.
Phone, iPod, and Internet device in one, iPhone 3G S offers desktop-class email, an amazing Maps application, and Safari — the world’s most advanced mobile web browser. And your iPhone does even more when you add apps from the App Store.

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2009, 04:42 PM
It will be released on June 19th, 2009.

iPhone 3G S
16GB1 in black or white — from $199.2
32GB1 in black or white — from $299.2

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2009, 07:04 PM
AT&T Service for iphone.

Text Accessibility Plan for deaf people and people who have hearing loss.

AT&T is pleased to offer Text Accessibility Plan’s (TAP) for iPhone and iPhone 3G. These Text Accessibility Plans were developed for people who are deaf, hard of hearing, have a speech disability and/or hearing loss, and was designed with input from the community.

The TAP plan for original iPhone is $40.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Unlimited data usage (email and web)
$.40 per minute pay-per-use voice
Visual Voicemail

*All for use in the U.S.

The TAP plan for iPhone 3G $50.00 per month* and includes:

Unlimited SMS messages
Unlimited data usage (email and web)
$.40 per minute pay-per-use voice
Visual Voicemail

*All for use in the U.S.

AT&T is also offering a business version of the TAP plan for our business customers that is $65 per month and includes all of the above features plus unlimited enterprise email.

All customers interested in any of the TAP plans will need to qualify for these plans by completing the disability certification forms. You can download these in .pdf form by clicking here. These TAP plans for iPhone are only available for original iPhone and iPhone 3G.

Customers wanting to utilize the TAP plans for iPhone will need to follow the regular iPhone activation procedures. Once iPhone is activated then the customer may contact our National Center for Customers with Disabilities to change his or her plan to one of the TAP plans for iPhone.

To learn more about TAP, contact AT&T at NCCDSupport@att.com or call our National Center for Customers with Disabilities at:
1-866-241-6567 (TTY)
1-866-241-6568 (Voice)

http://www.wireless.att.com/about/disability-resources/text-accessibility-plan-for-iphone.jsp

Tned
06-08-2009, 07:20 PM
Landscape Keyboard
Want more room to type on the intelligent software keyboard? Rotate iPhone to landscape to use a larger keyboard in Mail, Messages, Notes, and Safari.

Send messages with text, video, photos, audio, locations, and contact information. You can even forward one or more messages to others.

Two things I couldn't believe the first Iphones didn't have. A friend has one and was asking me to help him send/received mms (multimedia messages) and after some research, I figured out it wasn't possible without third party apps.

Same with the landscape keyboard. Considering it had the gyro/accelerometer in it to switch browsing to landscape, I was blown away that it didn't have a landscape keyboard.

These were two big misses in the early models, so it's good they added them.

Internet Tethering
Surf the web from practically anywhere. Now you can share the 3G connection on your iPhone with your Mac notebook or PC laptop.

Unless ATT changes their policy, even though the phone supports tapering, if you do it you are expected to pay a 'laptop connect' fee, which is the same as what you pay for a laptop connect card (I think $79.95 for unlimited).

MasterShake
06-08-2009, 08:13 PM
$299 is a great price for 32 gigs. I use my Iphone all the time for my business with their credit card payment app. A lot of my clients give me their cards, I punch in the number and e-mail them receipts. Too bad the hipsters make this thing look bad for the people that actually use it! :lol:

I will be upgrading. I still have the very first generation.

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2009, 09:37 PM
$299 is a great price for 32 gigs. I use my Iphone all the time for my business with their credit card payment app. A lot of my clients give me their cards, I punch in the number and e-mail them receipts. Too bad the hipsters make this thing look bad for the people that actually use it! :lol:

I will be upgrading. I still have the very first generation.

I don't know if you can upgrade some new features from 3G S. I think they are playing smart on price. They decided to cut the price down because they will keep design new iphone in every year. Force them to purchase new iphone to get new features.

Magnificent Seven
06-08-2009, 09:38 PM
Steve Job will return to Apple after sick leave. That is probably good news for Apple Company.

Requiem / The Dagda
06-08-2009, 11:11 PM
This phone is boss. Just thought I'd confirm that.

CrazyHorse
06-10-2009, 01:50 AM
Meh. The Nokia N97 kicks this things ass. Too bad it won't be popular in the states only Europe.

MasterShake
06-10-2009, 08:27 AM
Meh. The Nokia N97 kicks this things ass. Too bad it won't be popular in the states only Europe.

The Google phone is pretty good, too. I just like the Iphone for some reason. I just ordered mine the other day, should arrive on the 19th. My wife has a blackberry for her job I can't stand that damn thing. :lol:

Thnikkaman
06-10-2009, 08:31 AM
Thanks for the Advert.

RedFalcon
06-10-2009, 09:03 AM
I'd rather have a Blackberry Curve 8900. I think that is the best mobile phone. Lots of applications. And great features. And a kick ass look!

I'm going to get one...pretty soon I hope!

Thnikkaman
06-10-2009, 09:12 AM
If I ever get a smartphone, it is likely to be this one:

http://cellbharat.com/blog/wp-content/uploads/2009/06/palmpre_launch.jpg

Palm Pre

NightTrainLayne
06-10-2009, 09:20 AM
I'd rather have a Blackberry Curve 8900. I think that is the best mobile phone. Lots of applications. And great features. And a kick ass look!

I'm going to get one...pretty soon I hope!

I'm thinking of going with the Blackberry Bold. It's a step up from the curve. But I've got to wait until my current contract runs out before I can switch (without paying an early termination fee), and the Bold is only offered through AT&T.

Our corporate policy won't allow any phone except a Blackberry to connect to the corporate e-mail servers and intra-net due to security (i.e. Blackberry is much more secure. .. that's why Obama uses it). But for a small company or personal use I'm sure all the rest are secure enough.

OB
06-10-2009, 11:18 AM
Pisses me off cause i just got mine a lil over a month ago :mad:

I could not believe the limit on the texting capabilities - i still cant figure out why they left those features off unless this whole thing was planned :tsk:

That said I love love love my phone (apple still sucks)

Requiem / The Dagda
06-10-2009, 06:23 PM
The Nokia N97 looks average to me. I just can't wait until next November or so when my two year is done with Sprint and I can find a ballin' network somewhere (or stay on if they get cool shit) with even better stuff than I have right now, which is the Instinct and I think that's a tight phone.

CrazyHorse
06-11-2009, 04:13 AM
I guess I just like all the extra features like 5 MP camera, FM Radio, TV video out, etc.
I am surprised the iPhone doesn't have an SD card slot though.

Thnikkaman
06-11-2009, 05:50 AM
Here is the million dollar question. Does it support Bluetooth Stereo yet?

Timmy!
06-11-2009, 06:43 AM
Crapple is GHEY!

Requiem / The Dagda
06-11-2009, 04:57 PM
So are you Timmy.

Timmy!
06-12-2009, 08:16 AM
So are you Timmy.

Only for your mom.....and I don't even need an app for that.

Peerless
06-16-2009, 05:47 PM
Here is the million dollar question. Does it support Bluetooth Stereo yet?

Yes the 3G and 3GS will support bluetooth stereo. The 2g (first gen) will not.