PDA

View Full Version : FANTASY FOOTBAL UNDERWAY....im not afraid to select several broncos !

T.K.O.
06-08-2009, 11:04 AM
days ago3 Comments 4 Recommendations E-mail
Broncos fantasy question: Is Knowshon Moreno a No.1 back?
By Adam Rank | NFL.com

David Zalubowski / Associated Press
Broncos RB Knowshon Moreno can be the No. 1 running back Denver has lacked in recent years.

Broncos burning fantasy question: Can Knowshon Moreno emerge as a featured back in his rookie season?

The Broncos raised a lot of eyebrows by drafting Moreno with the No. 12 overall selection in the 2009 NFL Draft. Not that Moreno lacks talent -- he was widely viewed as the best running back in the draft.

Broncos' top 5 fantasy players
1. Knowshon Moreno
2. Brandon Marshall
3. Eddie Royal
4. Kyle Orton
5. Tony Scheffler

Sleeper: Orton
- Michael Fabiano But the Broncos had previously added RBs Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan during the free agency period to go with Ryan Torain and Peyton Hillis among other holdovers.

Former coach Mike Shanahan tormented fantasy footballers with his running back by committee approach. New coach Josh McDaniels appeared to be taking it to another level. The coach who brazenly traded Jay Cutler was up to his old tricks again, dismantling the Broncos with little regard.

Or was he?

After the initial shock wore off, and the quips from so-called draft experts drifted into the ether, you could see the method to McDaniels' perceived madness. And how it greatly impacted fantasy owners everywhere.

Buckhalter and Jordan are nice players -- and maybe even nice guys. But not one of them is a No. 1 fantasy back. Moreno is -- and he will likely show that right from the start.

Moreno gives the Broncos a No. 1 back they have lacked since trading Clinton Portis in 2004. Now a potential RBBC in Denver has given way to a clear No. 1 back. A guy who should be among the first 15 running backs taken in most drafts. The rest of the mid-carders in the Broncos backfield barely even registered in most fantasy forcasts.

Are you o.k. with that?

Moreno is not only a great runner, but he is going to have an impact in the Broncos' passing game as an adept receiver, too. Scouts raved about his hands and Moreno is considered an exceptional route runner.

Great news for Broncos No. 1 QB Kyle Orton.

The former Bears signal caller probably won't attempt 616 passes like Cutler did in 2008, but with a legit No. 1 running back like Moreno, he won't have to.

GO BRONCOS....i am willing to bet that orton/moreno will get more td's than cutler/forte......yep:salute:

NorthernLights
06-08-2009, 12:11 PM
Any openings in your league for me to join? :D

T.K.O.
06-08-2009, 01:18 PM
Any openings in your league for me to join? :D

i just joined 2 of the free leagues at nfl.comthere was 1 spot left on each after me,if you are interested i'll give you the names,one of them is mostly charger fans,i'm there to spoil the fun when orton throws for 33 td's

boltsrock001 is one and superbowl hopefulls is the other