PDA

View Full Version : New Jersey Devils Should Walk Away With The Cup!!!

HammeredOut
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
In a time of the annual greats such as Sidney Crosby, Malkin, C.Giroux, Gaborik, S.Stamkos, and the rest of the top players in the East, the talent level in the east compared to the west is unquestionably unfair. This is also a good reason why the All Star Game is a joke, and why they have the All Star Draft. Who would represent the West? A few guys from Vancouver, and a scrap load of other players? The competition from the East is too great, and to skilled for the West this season.

My call is that this series is over in 6 by way of New Jersey. I also wouldn't be surprised if its over before this, but refs will always try to extend the series and force teams to win the last game cleanly.

We know what Jeff Carter and Mike Richards could do when the led Philly into the playoffs all those seasons. The other is we also know what to gauge the talent on by way of the L.A Kings. Most seasons, this dynamic duo would be couped up when trying to lead the Flyers into the playoffs. It wasn't until these two players were re-united in L.A, that the Kings actually became a good team. On that note, the L.A Kings have been gauged as to what they have when matching up against the New Jersey Devils.

Overall, the New Jersey Devils have to face tougher competition, better teams, and better conferences. This should be a no-brainer as to who wins the series. For those who might lay down a little coin on this series, just beware of L.A bets jacking up the odds, so that the New Jersey pay outs should be good, if not great.

SR
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
I think you're wrong.

Northman
05-30-2012, 04:51 PM
Kings have been SMASHING their opponents. Devils will put up a fight but i dont see it being a close contest at all. Kings in 5.

HammeredOut
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
I think you're wrong.

No team that had 7 days rest has EVER won the Stanley Cup. ... The Kings had 8 days rest.... And they are the 8th seed from the west...

HammeredOut
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Kings have been SMASHING their opponents. Devils will put up a fight but i dont see it being a close contest at all. Kings in 5.

I will bet you a "I bow down to Northman" quote, for a "I bow down to HammeredOut" quote for a month... in the signature.. lol

Northman
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I will bet you a "I bow down to Northman" quote, for a "I bow down to HammeredOut" quote for a month... in the signature.. lol

Your on.

SR
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
No team that had 7 days rest has EVER won the Stanley Cup. ... The Kings had 8 days rest.... And they are the 8th seed from the west...

The Broncos were the eighth seed in the '97 playoffs and became the first Wild Card seed to win the Super Bowl.

Never say never. Kings in six.

CoachChaz
05-30-2012, 04:57 PM
I'm sticking with the Underdogs

HammeredOut
05-30-2012, 05:01 PM
The Broncos were the eighth seed in the '97 playoffs and became the first Wild Card seed to win the Super Bowl.

NFL isn't the NHL. If only the NFL ran best out of 7 series.. That would be paradise.

MileHighCrew
05-30-2012, 05:36 PM
I was at a military golf event yesterday in Toronto and I sat down to eat lunch. Some guy asks if he can sit with our little group of 3, I look up saying yes and it is BRIAN BURKE. I was shocked, but he came out to shake the troops hands. He said he is picking the Kings, they remind him of his Ducks team that won the cup

underrated29
05-30-2012, 05:40 PM
I want the devils- as they used to be the colorado rockies.....But I dont see anyway that they can get passed the kings and that relentless forecheck.

Northman
05-31-2012, 04:54 AM
One down.

chazoe60
05-31-2012, 07:32 AM

Actually the Broncos were the second wild card team to win the SB. The 1980 Raiders were the first.

weazel
05-31-2012, 01:21 PM
In a time of the annual greats such as Sidney Crosby, Malkin, C.Giroux, Gaborik, S.Stamkos, and the rest of the top players in the East, the talent level in the east compared to the west is unquestionably unfair. This is also a good reason why the All Star Game is a joke, and why they have the All Star Draft. Who would represent the West? A few guys from Vancouver, and a scrap load of other players? The competition from the East is too great, and to skilled for the West this season.

My call is that this series is over in 6 by way of New Jersey. I also wouldn't be surprised if its over before this, but refs will always try to extend the series and force teams to win the last game cleanly.

We know what Jeff Carter and Mike Richards could do when the led Philly into the playoffs all those seasons. The other is we also know what to gauge the talent on by way of the L.A Kings. Most seasons, this dynamic duo would be couped up when trying to lead the Flyers into the playoffs. It wasn't until these two players were re-united in L.A, that the Kings actually became a good team. On that note, the L.A Kings have been gauged as to what they have when matching up against the New Jersey Devils.

Overall, the New Jersey Devils have to face tougher competition, better teams, and better conferences. This should be a no-brainer as to who wins the series. For those who might lay down a little coin on this series, just beware of L.A bets jacking up the odds, so that the New Jersey pay outs should be good, if not great.

LMFAO stick to football

correct, the East has more finesse players... good thing hockey isn't won with finesse. All your Eastern Conference "greats" are playing golf right now.

BigDaddyBronco
05-31-2012, 02:03 PM
From what i watched in the playoffs this year, the Kings have looked pretty dominant. I will be surprised if they don't win.

Northman
05-31-2012, 02:07 PM
Anything can happen but the only score for NJ last night came off a deflection of one of the Kings players. And all that was with L.A. playing a bit rusty.

underrated29
05-31-2012, 02:23 PM
It was a good game all around. LA started it off, but IMO jersey outplayed them the final period and OT. I thought Jersey looked better at sustaining pressure and tilting the ice. We shall see what happens now that LA has their legs under them again.

When LA broke in with speed and forecheck they did well. Both teams kinda felt each other out a bit I thought, which is typical. Key IMO for jersey to win this is hitting. When they pound the bodies on LA it slows down their forecheck and nuetral zone speed. Also forces turnovers. This series could very well go to 7 games.

SR
05-31-2012, 03:51 PM
Actually the Broncos were the second wild card team to win the SB. The 1980 Raiders were the first.

You are correct, sir. I stand corrected.

SR
05-31-2012, 03:53 PM
It was a good game all around. LA started it off, but IMO jersey outplayed them the final period and OT. I thought Jersey looked better at sustaining pressure and tilting the ice. We shall see what happens now that LA has their legs under them again.

When LA broke in with speed and forecheck they did well. Both teams kinda felt each other out a bit I thought, which is typical. Key IMO for jersey to win this is hitting. When they pound the bodies on LA it slows down their forecheck and nuetral zone speed. Also forces turnovers. This series could very well go to 7 games.

I think LA is going to just end up over powering NJ with their size and speed. LA is a fast, big, aggressive team and I don't think NJ will be able to figure out how to beat them enough to win four of seven.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2012, 11:54 AM
LMFAO stick to football

correct, the East has more finesse players... good thing hockey isn't won with finesse. All your Eastern Conference "greats" are playing golf right now.

Dont forget the Western Conference Greats as well that lost to LA in Vancouver and a team like St Louis who had a hell of a year.
They are impressive. I still root for Justin Williams the Former Cane. He is doing a great job.

Medford Bronco
06-02-2012, 11:57 AM

I say the Kings beating Vancouver is on par with anything the Devils faced. The best team in the East arguably lost in Pitt in round 1. The Rangers had a hard time scoring.

weazel
06-02-2012, 12:22 PM
Dont forget the Western Conference Greats as well that lost to LA in Vancouver and a team like St Louis who had a hell of a year.
They are impressive. I still root for Justin Williams the Former Cane. He is doing a great job.

correct, finesse teams don't do shit. I would say the Blackhawks are a finesse team and they got punted pretty quick as well. That series was different though because Chicago outplayed Phoenix by a large margin for 95% of that series but their goaltending is just horrible and they will never win with who they hae in net.

SR
06-02-2012, 10:22 PM
Old Marty is playing like he's 25 again right now. This OT is fast

SR
06-02-2012, 10:25 PM
Two down

SR
06-02-2012, 10:26 PM
Jeff Carter's GWG looks like a Peter Forsberg goal

pnbronco
06-02-2012, 10:35 PM
Jeff Carter's GWG looks like a Peter Forsberg goal

Did that every.....

Hmmmm the West seems to be holding their own.....:D I never would have dreamed that LA would come in as 8th and do the job they have. I really don't care either way but Richardson was a AV and I still have soft spot for him. Also Anze Kopitar is a total sweetie. Plus I found myself rooting more for LA tonight so I guess they are winning me over.

SR
06-02-2012, 10:40 PM
I did a fist pump when the puck went in. Marty has beat most all of Roy's records but he's not gonna win more cups than St Patty

pnbronco
06-02-2012, 10:47 PM
I did a fist pump when the puck went in. Marty has beat most all of Roy's records but he's not gonna win more cups than St Patty

Great point, plus old Marty is a total jerk and Patty was always nice to me....;)

Glad I wasn't the only one watching the game....good to read your post SR....missed ya....

Northman
06-02-2012, 11:12 PM
Two down. Two to go.

SR
06-02-2012, 11:43 PM

Great point, plus old Marty is a total jerk and Patty was always nice to me....;)

Glad I wasn't the only one watching the game....good to read your post SR....missed ya....

Ditto Pola!

chazoe60
06-03-2012, 10:30 AM
So now we know to trust HO's hockey analysis as much as his football analysis. :laugh: Dude just loves being wrong.

underrated29
06-03-2012, 11:06 AM

OMG- you are so totally right. I forgot about that. Screw jersey as much as i like them. Pattys record needs to stand. Go LA.

Medford Bronco
06-03-2012, 11:47 AM

It has been a fun series right now. Jonathan Quick is amazing. What a run LA is on. Well deserved. I love Justin Williams as well. One of my favorite former Canes. Easy to root for and enjoy how Kopitar plays.

Devs showed spunk but Quick stole the show again.

SR
06-03-2012, 12:05 PM
So now we know to trust HO's hockey analysis as much as his football analysis. :laugh: Dude just loves being wrong.

I've had a few disagreements with him about hockey. Bright guy.

pnbronco
06-03-2012, 05:26 PM
It has been a fun series right now. Jonathan Quick is amazing. What a run LA is on. Well deserved. I love Justin Williams as well. One of my favorite former Canes. Easy to root for and enjoy how Kopitar plays.

Devs showed spunk but Quick stole the show again.

Good to see your posts too Med. I really have missed you guys. The whole last year was weird and then the Avs struggled and life just is super busy sometimes. Getting over a tummy flu but otherwise life is good. Still miss my stupid Elk Hound, man the ones that drive you nuts are sometimes the ones you miss the most. Take care all and looking to the rest of the playoffs!

Oh and you're right Quick has been playing at a level that's out of this world. The guy was not that friendly to begin with I'm sure he'll be a peach from now on.....still better than Old Grumpy Marty...:D

Medford Bronco
06-04-2012, 08:57 PM
Jonathan Quick is amazing and Williams made another good play in that excellent goal by Kopitar. The Kings are en fuego :flame:

pnbronco
06-04-2012, 09:57 PM
3 down and 1 to go.........:D

Medford Bronco
06-04-2012, 10:28 PM
Good to see your posts too Med. I really have missed you guys. The whole last year was weird and then the Avs struggled and life just is super busy sometimes. Getting over a tummy flu but otherwise life is good. Still miss my stupid Elk Hound, man the ones that drive you nuts are sometimes the ones you miss the most. Take care all and looking to the rest of the playoffs!

Oh and you're right Quick has been playing at a level that's out of this world. The guy was not that friendly to begin with I'm sure he'll be a peach from now on.....still better than Old Grumpy Marty...:D

I am sure he will not be a nice as Cam Ward ;) To me the most underrated goalie in the league. Has only been on 2 good teams in 7 years.

Justin Williams did well tonight. I love seeing good guys do well. :salute:

Northman
06-05-2012, 04:50 AM
3 down. This may not even make it too 5 games. lol

SR
06-05-2012, 05:18 AM
And we won't ever see HO in this thread again

Canmore
06-05-2012, 05:42 AM
And we won't ever see HO in this thread again

How's he doing with his wagers?

Northman
06-05-2012, 05:54 AM
I wonder if he will live up to his sig bet with me.

CoachChaz
06-05-2012, 07:11 AM
Wasnt the bet his idea?

SR
06-05-2012, 08:10 AM
Wasnt the bet his idea?

Yes. And if he doesn't have enough sack to at least keep up with the thread, I wouldn't expect him to have enough sack to make good on a bet.

CoachChaz
06-05-2012, 08:21 AM
F him...he's zombie bait

underrated29
06-05-2012, 10:17 AM
Jersey is done. Bring out the brooms. You could see them quit.

The first two games were great OT games anyone could have had, but last night, that was it.

Medford Bronco
06-05-2012, 09:23 PM
I hope the Kings win tomorrow night 3-2 in overtime with Justin Williams potting the GW or Kopitar.

They have been so impressive this year. I never remember a team being so dominant in the playoffs, even the Oilers back in the day. I am too young to remember much of the Canandian dynasty in the 70s

weazel
06-06-2012, 10:58 AM
Honestly I haven't really watched much of this series, I've only seen bits and pieces but its just such horrible, boring hockey I just can't watch it. The playoffs started off so well this year and the first round matches were awesome but after that it's just gone down hill.

pnbronco
06-06-2012, 11:32 AM

I think Dater read your post here and wrote this great article. Carol posted it in the Avs section but it's good enough to be in 2 places......thinking of Patty brings a big smile to my face. I had just gotten into hockey when I use to talk to him. Before 9/11 you use to be able to hang out behind the Pepsi Center and he treated all the Avs fans with such respect. Had no idea how special the man was as a player at that time.

Tonight could be the sweep......really looking forward to the game...........:D When the Kings were going head to head with us for that last spot the last month I never dreamed they would play to the level they cranked it up to.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...e-ever-nah-try

BroncoAV06
06-06-2012, 11:47 AM
So how are things working out for the Devils?

East coast bias in full force.

Kings have studs, Kopitar, Richards, Carter, Brown and their goaltender only happened to be sporting a GAA around 1.50 heading into the Stanley Cup finals.

BigDaddyBronco
06-06-2012, 12:46 PM
I hope the Kings win tomorrow night 3-2 in overtime with Justin Williams potting the GW or Kopitar.

They have been so impressive this year. I never remember a team being so dominant in the playoffs, even the Oilers back in the day. I am too young to remember much of the Canandian dynasty in the 70s

They really have just been unstoppable. For an 8 seed to pull this off has been remarkable.

SR
06-06-2012, 12:55 PM
I think Dater read your post here and wrote this great article. Carol posted it in the Avs section but it's good enough to be in 2 places......thinking of Patty brings a big smile to my face. I had just gotten into hockey when I use to talk to him. Before 9/11 you use to be able to hang out behind the Pepsi Center and he treated all the Avs fans with such respect. Had no idea how special the man was as a player at that time.

Tonight could be the sweep......really looking forward to the game...........:D When the Kings were going head to head with us for that last spot the last month I never dreamed they would play to the level they cranked it up to.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/lunchspeci...e-ever-nah-try

His article is obviously full of pro-Roy bias, but I don't disagree and neither will a lot of the hockey minds in the media. Roy was amazing and I loved the arrogant, typical French-Canadian attitude he played with. I miss watching him. I'll never, ever forget watching him turn to the crowd and grab his crotch against the Coyotes when Krys Kolanos scored the shootout goal on him (which happened because Roy "threw" his stick). That was one of the most awesome hockey games I ever went to.

Back to the topic at hand, the Kings are taking this one without a doubt. No way does NJ win four in a row against this team.

BroncoAV06
06-06-2012, 08:41 PM
Honestly I haven't really watched much of this series, I've only seen bits and pieces but its just such horrible, boring hockey I just can't watch it. The playoffs started off so well this year and the first round matches were awesome but after that it's just gone down hill.

How can you say you haven't watched much and call it boring?

Games 1 and 2 were great.

SR
06-06-2012, 09:16 PM
Shit...game three was great

Medford Bronco
06-06-2012, 09:59 PM
The Devils showed spunk tonight.

Now the Kings hopefully can win in NJ on Sat night and break the record for most road wins in a playoff series.

underrated29
06-06-2012, 10:19 PM
Well, hockey is extended for another 3 days. I am not upset about that. But I do want LA to win, Id prefer it be game 6 at home in LA....I always feel bad for the winning team to do it in the house of the other team. Celebration just isnt as good. Whatever though. Saturday will be a great day!

pnbronco
06-07-2012, 02:36 AM
Another hockey game is not a bad thing, looking forward to Sat.

weazel
06-07-2012, 10:26 AM
How can you say you haven't watched much and call it boring?

Games 1 and 2 were great.

Its horrible, boring hockey. Two teams that would rather protect a 0-0 tie than try to score. It looks like soccer. I dont know too many people that are watching to tell you the truth. I watched last nights game with a couple buddies and we turned it off and went outside, its just not entertaining hockey.

slim
06-07-2012, 01:46 PM
:lol:

BroncoNut
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
I think people that steal cups/ shotglasses and the like from businesses are losers.

BroncoNut
06-07-2012, 02:29 PM
hockey is kinda boring to watch on TV. Like baseball and women, I prefer it live

SR
06-07-2012, 02:39 PM
Where is HO?

Medford Bronco
06-09-2012, 01:49 PM
Go Kings, hope J Williams has a big night and clinches the Cup like he did in 06 with the Canes.

I also would not mind Kopitar or Doughty being the hero.

SR
06-09-2012, 02:25 PM
I think Quick will end up with the Conn Smythe. His numbers are sickening throughout all of the playoffs. Without him they wouldn't be in the Cup Finals IMO. But it'll be good to see an underdog team win it. The eight seed that took out the top three seeded teams in the conference very convincingly...can't get a better story line than that.

SR
06-09-2012, 09:53 PM
Going to game six. LA will win it at home

pnbronco
06-09-2012, 09:55 PM
Nice game NJ, you played well tonight. Game 6 is going to LA and I think the Kings will close it out there.

red98
06-09-2012, 10:21 PM
Quick would definitely deserve it if the Kings win it all but if the Devils pull this off it should be Brodeur's.

Medford Bronco
06-10-2012, 07:47 PM
I give kudos to NJ for last night. I hope the Kings win it tomorrow night. Justin Williams did score a nice goal though.

weazel
06-11-2012, 10:03 AM
watched the game Saturday, finally an entertaining game! The ref's let them decide it themselves too, which sometimes doesnt happen.

SR
06-11-2012, 08:42 PM
Looks like my prediction of Kings in six will be right. LA scored three of their first four on a five min boarding major.

HO...come eat crow

Northman
06-11-2012, 08:45 PM
One game off for me but i called it right with the Kings winning. It would take a miracle of massive proportions for the Devils to pull this game out. They are just too much for the Devils.

SR
06-11-2012, 09:05 PM
They look like they're all trying to kill each other now

Denver Native (Carol)
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
Congrats to the Kings - great to see a team win the cup for the first time

Buff
06-11-2012, 09:51 PM
I know it's a moot point, but I think it's always a bad move to pull your goalie with 4 minutes left. Granted, NJ was thinking that they were down 4-1 in a hopeless situation with nothing to lose... I get it - they wouldn't do it in any other game. But my point is you're always going to give up an empty net goal to NHL offenses over a 4 minute span. Obviously it is irrelevant to the entire series, and thus a waste of everyone's time to even bring up, but I was sort of annoyed at seeing an empty net with 3:40 to go... And the inevitable goal that followed.

Medford Bronco
06-12-2012, 12:24 AM
Congrats to the Kings. Loved seeing Justin Williams get another Cup. Kopitar, Quick and Doughty impressed me the whole playoffs. Great work

and a good effort by NJ. I never expected them to go this far. They did a good job. Kudos to you as well.

pnbronco
06-12-2012, 01:51 AM
Congrts to the Kings and what a amazing run in the whole series!

NJ did a great job through out their series and making it to game 6.

It's going to be a long summer, can wait for the fall and hockey to start up again....:D

Northman
06-12-2012, 04:51 AM
Total domination. Simple as that. You could just tell this entire playoffs that the Kings were the ones who had the most hunger throughout and it showed especially last night. Feel bad for Brodeur as i like him but i just knew it would play out like this. Congrats to the Kings and the fans of LA. I just hope that HO didnt lose too much money on the series.

Northman
06-12-2012, 04:56 AM
I think LA is going to just end up over powering NJ with their size and speed. LA is a fast, big, aggressive team and I don't think NJ will be able to figure out how to beat them enough to win four of seven.

Nailed it SR.

CoachChaz
06-12-2012, 07:59 AM
Nice to see LA win, but now it's time for the off-season and the improvement of my Dallas Stars

SR
06-12-2012, 08:16 AM
Quick got the Conn Smythe. Couldn't have given it to a more deserving person.

weazel
06-12-2012, 09:49 AM
Quick got the Conn Smythe. Couldn't have given it to a more deserving person.

the goalie always gets the conn smythe... although he was very deserving

Northman
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM
Nice to see LA win, but now it's time for the off-season and the improvement of my Dallas Stars

Im hoping the Avs improve enough to get back to the dance.

SR
06-12-2012, 10:07 AM

No, the goalie doesn't always get the Conn Smythe. This year it was and last year it was, but before that it was:

Toews
Malkin
Zetterberg
Neidermayer

then Cam Ward

back to a non goalie for Brad Richards

then Giggy

then Lidstrom

then Roy in '01.

So, not always.

SR
06-12-2012, 06:28 PM
I just wanted to bump this thread just so if HO logs in and hits "New Posts" it's somewhat close to the top. He needs to pay up and eat his crow.

Ravage!!!
06-13-2012, 01:10 PM
I gotta say, I'm shocked that HO is wrong. Truly.

weazel
06-13-2012, 05:54 PM
No, the goalie doesn't always get the Conn Smythe. This year it was and last year it was, but before that it was:

Toews
Malkin
Zetterberg
Neidermayer

then Cam Ward

back to a non goalie for Brad Richards

then Giggy

then Lidstrom

then Roy in '01.

So, not always.

lol okay not always, I will not talk in generalities anymore ST!
lets just take a round number and see what percentage... in the last 25 years the goaltender has won it 10 times, 40% is pretty good although I thought it was higher

SR
06-13-2012, 06:32 PM
Where is HO???

Medford Bronco
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM

Not when Lemieux and Gretzky used to win it back in the day.

Medford Bronco
06-13-2012, 09:03 PM
Where is HO???

he is paying off is gambling debts but hiding from the wiseguys and not posting here :lol:

weazel
06-15-2012, 01:36 PM
Not when Lemieux and Gretzky used to win it back in the day.

actually they only won it twice each... Roy won it more than they did

SR
06-16-2012, 08:21 AM
actually they only won it twice each... Roy won it more than they did

Roy won in three times in three different decades over a fifteen year time span...

chazoe60
06-16-2012, 08:48 AM
he is paying off is gambling debts but hiding from the wiseguys and not posting here :lol:
How can he have gambling debts? He has a 95% accuracy rate at picking NFL games, surely he's wealthy because of it.

pnbronco
06-19-2012, 04:49 PM
How can he have gambling debts? He has a 95% accuracy rate at picking NFL games, surely he's wealthy because of it.

That's funny I don't remember mailing the Bronco Autographed Photo to him last season......with that kind of rating he should have won pick-em.....:lol:

Just bumping to keep the thread going and see HO's new sig.........:D

weazel
06-19-2012, 04:53 PM
Im not sure what your argument is? Gretzky played 20 years...

Northman
06-19-2012, 04:56 PM
Still no HO?

SR
06-19-2012, 06:12 PM
Still no HO?

Of course not

Ravage!!!
06-20-2012, 11:49 AM
Heyy.. .. where is HO??? I wanted to bump this since we haven't seen him around to man up on his bet to North!!

Northman
06-20-2012, 11:51 AM
Heyy.. .. where is HO??? I wanted to bump this since we haven't seen him around to man up on his bet to North!!

I dont blame him, i wouldnt want to put "I bow down to Northman" in my sig either. LMAO

weazel
06-20-2012, 11:53 AM

funniest part about it is that the ad on the bottom of the page is a LA Kings Champs gear advertisement! LMFAO

SR
06-25-2012, 09:58 AM
Come on HO...own up to being wrong again.

Ravage!!!
06-25-2012, 10:19 AM
Come on HO...own up to being wrong again.

We won't see him again until Manning loses his first game, or Tebow rushes for a 2 yrd TD.