PDA

View Full Version : Peyton Manning Struggles in OTA's; Throws 1 INT and Nearly Another That was Dropped by Joe Mays

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 04:40 PM
http://denver.sbnation.com/denver-broncos/2012/5/30/3053006/broncos-peyton-manning-minicamp-2012

In his first series, Manning was 2 of 4 with short completions to Jacob Tamme and Brandon Stokley sandwiched between an interception by safety Mike Adams, who was covering Tamme on a deep route. In his second series, Manning threw one pass and it was incomplete. In his third series - a hurry up, 2-minute drill - Manning’s first pass intended for Stokley across the middle zipped right into the gut of middle linebacker Joe Mays - who dropped it as he had his sights set on returning it for a touchdown.

I jest, I jest....

Just thought it was funny how the media was in a frenzy when TT threw 2 picks in OTA's but you probably won't hear about this tonight on NFL Network.

ShaneFalco
05-30-2012, 04:44 PM
not good!

Ravage!!!
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
Thats because Tebow threw 2 INTs in 3 attempts. The other one skipped out of bounds.

SR
05-30-2012, 04:47 PM
I'm not gonna sweat it. It's Peyton MF'ing Manning.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 04:48 PM
not good!

Haha...not worried about it as its just OTA's and the off season training program is still in its infancy.

Just found it interesting how the way it is spun by the media drastically changes when the results are the same but the name on the back of the jersey is different.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 04:49 PM
Thats because Tebow threw 2 INTs in 3 attempts. The other one skipped out of bounds.

Yes...I'm sure that's what it was Rav.

For the record though, Tebow went 6-8 that day, which would prove your theory of the other pass skipping out of bounds wrong.

In contrast, Manning (at least out of the passes that were reported) went 2-6....just sayin'.

Northman
05-30-2012, 04:50 PM

Bwhahahahahahahahaa

chazoe60
05-30-2012, 04:52 PM
Let's get rid of this bum.

Northman
05-30-2012, 04:54 PM
Let's get rid of this bum.

I agree. He doesnt throw enough into the dirt or in the upper deck. Not our style.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 04:55 PM
I agree. He doesnt throw enough into the dirt or in the upper deck. Not our style.

I agree...too many passes into the gut of Joe Mays as well.

Northman
05-30-2012, 04:58 PM
I agree...too many passes into the gut of Joe Mays as well.

We can live with that since he will be throwing TD's on a regular basis to Decker and Thomas. 1 Int and 4 TD's works for me.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 04:59 PM
We can live with that since he will be throwing TD's on a regular basis to Decker and Thomas. 1 Int and 4 TD's works for me.

I could live with that...unfortunately that didn't happen today. Good thing OTA's don't count for anything.

Northman
05-30-2012, 05:02 PM
I could live with that...unfortunately that didn't happen today. Good thing OTA's don't count for anything.

Indeed. I will only get concerned though when Peyton is on the punt team.

Mannway187
05-30-2012, 05:10 PM
In contrast, Manning (at least out of the passes that were reported) went 2-6....just sayin'.

What, 2-6? Something must be wrong with his new professor gadget neck attachment. Lets get him into the shop for a quick check up. Probably just needs his serk fittings lubed and his thrusters charged up and topped off. Better make sure his pistons are still pissin too.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 05:15 PM
What, 2-6? Something must be wrong with his new professor gadget neck attachment. Lets get him into the shop for a quick check up. Probably just needs his serk fittings lubed and his thrusters charged up and topped off. Better make sure his pistons are still pissin too.

Best move would be to get Penny going on the computer book.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 05:16 PM
Indeed. I will only get concerned though when Peyton is on the punt team.

That, and when he gets put on injured reserve.

Northman
05-30-2012, 05:19 PM

I still wont be concerned if he gets put on injured reserve. Players get hurt all the time so if he happens to get hurt its part of football. Now if Fox puts him on ST's than i would be concerned. Thats just embarrassing for a QB.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 05:23 PM
I still wont be concerned if he gets put on injured reserve. Players get hurt all the time so if he happens to get hurt its part of football. Now if Fox puts him on ST's than i would be concerned. Thats just embarrassing for a QB.

I'm sure you won't be concerned if he gets put on IR...right...

As for the embarassment of ST's for a QB...You may be right about that, but the writing is on the wall for Sanchez, just as it was for KO here in Denver. TT will bide his time and contribute however he can until he eventually takes over and makes us regret giving him up for the guy who will be relegated to IR and using his leadership/coaching skills to mentor our new young QB in the same successful fashion that he mentored Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter.

Northman
05-30-2012, 05:30 PM
I'm sure you won't be concerned if he gets put on IR...right...

As for the embarassment of ST's for a QB...You may be right about that, but the writing is on the wall for Sanchez, just as it was for KO here in Denver. TT will bide his time and contribute however he can until he eventually takes over and makes us regret giving him up for the guy who will be relegated to IR and using his leadership/coaching skills to mentor our new young QB in the same successful fashion that he mentored Jim Sorgi and Curtis Painter.

Sure, Denver will regret trading away a subpar QB. Hahhahahahaa. oh man. Oh well, you go ahead and wish for the injury to Manning if it makes you feel better at night. As for the mentoring, Sorgi and Painter were 6th round draft choices who werent projected to do much anyway so to really expect them to take it too another level was asking a lot as it was.

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 06:43 PM

So we can say he'll be throwing TD's to DT. :D

Northman
05-30-2012, 06:44 PM
So we can say he'll be throwing TD's to DT. :D

Yes, but if you ask Van he is trying to imply that Tebow and Peyton are one in the same.

MOtorboat
05-30-2012, 06:45 PM
Awesome thread.

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 06:55 PM
Yes, but if you ask Van he is trying to imply that Tebow and Peyton are one in the same.

dam van, what's with that?

spikerman
05-30-2012, 07:00 PM
Start Osweiler!

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
Our defense is just to good for Manning.

Dzone
05-30-2012, 07:44 PM
No excuse for Mays to drop that ball!!!!

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
No excuse for Mays to drop that ball!!!!my thoughts exactly.

Army Bronco
05-30-2012, 08:22 PM
Another way to look at it is.....Damn, our defense is good!!

Simple Jaded
05-30-2012, 09:54 PM
Vandammag, I think it's obvious that the Broncos did not want Tim Tebow, I doubt they will ever regret trading him and I guarantee you they'll never regret it as much as you want them to.......

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 10:13 PM
Yes...I'm sure that's what it was Rav.

For the record though, Tebow went 6-8 that day, which would prove your theory of the other pass skipping out of bounds wrong.

Question - your avatar shows a picture of Manning holding up a Broncos' jersey, and you added "moving on". Exactly, what are you moving on from?

MOtorboat
05-30-2012, 10:21 PM
Question - your avatar shows a picture of Manning holding up a Broncos' jersey, and you added "moving on". Exactly, what are you moving on from?

He's not. He's one of the rare people who thinks that adding the best quarterback in the game is a bad thing, because he fell in love with Tim Tebow.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 12:02 AM
Manning goes 2-5 in an OTA and it's "struggling", Tebow goes 2-7 in an actual game and it's "he just wins". That suits me fine, that's the way it outta be.......

bcbronc
05-31-2012, 12:40 AM
sure, NOW our defense figures Manning out. :tsk:

It was obviously all Decker's fault anyway. That's why he got detention.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 01:18 AM
Is Jarvis Moss still ballin his brains out in OTAs?

This is the year he turns the corner, I can feel it.

ShaneFalco
05-31-2012, 06:45 AM
Haha...not worried about it as its just OTA's and the off season training program is still in its infancy.

Just found it interesting how the way it is spun by the media drastically changes when the results are the same but the name on the back of the jersey is different.

lol yea i was being sarcastic. I dont get why people made a big deal about tebow in a new system as well. kind of mocking the people who were all over him for it

Nomad
05-31-2012, 07:52 AM
'We're talkin 'bout practice...practice......not a game but practice!:lol:

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 08:26 AM

Definitely not one in the same...Tebow will never be the QB that Manning WAS (as I have already stated)...

However, it will be easy for Tebow to be a more viable QB when Manning (best case scenario) retires after 3 years.

claymore
05-31-2012, 08:31 AM
Definitely not one in the same...Tebow will never be the QB that Manning WAS (as I have already stated)...

However, it will be easy for Tebow to be a more viable QB when Manning (best case scenario) retires after 3 years.

Tebow isnt even the QB that Sanchez is. Tebow would have to drastically improve, and Manning's regression would have to be monumental for Tebow to ever be as viable as Manning.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 08:45 AM

My wish is to move on....I have every intention of wanting to do so.

But something about how Tebow helped transform our shit team into a winner last year makes it hard for me just to see him walk for nothing.

I guess maybe it was the 2-1/2 years of being terrible made it easy for me to want Tebow to be the guy after we turned things around. I just felt like we had a good thing going and it was just the beginning of something special that we haven't seen around here in a while.

The guy was terrible for a good portion of most games (I'll admit that), but his ability to put it together when it mattered at the end of games showed me that this kid is a winner...Not something that you should just let walk out the door.

I felt like the guy would continue to improve and become a good QB for us for 10 years...I was in it for the long haul, but instead what we got was instant gratification that simply won't last.

Tebow showed flashes of something special last year, particularly when the game was on the line (which is something that can't be coached...you either have it or you don't). I thought with a little more development (he was supposed to be a 3-4 year project) that we would be an annual contender...We won the division in year 1 after all.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 08:47 AM
Tebow isnt even the QB that Sanchez is. Tebow would have to drastically improve, and Manning's regression would have to be monumental for Tebow to ever be as viable as Manning.

Tebow did beat Sanchez head to head....I wouldn't say Sanchez brings anything more to the table...the guy turns the ball over at an alarming rate and doesn't account for enough TD's to make up for it...Sanchez has better mechanics, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't say he's any better as far as the end result is concerned.

As for Manning, regression is irrelevant when you are retired...in 3 years Manning won't be better than Tebow because he won't be playing football.

Northman
05-31-2012, 09:00 AM

Tebow didnt want to wait.

TXBRONC
05-31-2012, 09:03 AM
Let it go laddy. Let it go.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 09:09 AM
He's not. He's one of the rare people who thinks that adding the best quarterback in the game is a bad thing, because he fell in love with Tim Tebow.

You are naiive if you think that's what we're getting...he's at the end of his career people. Didn't play a snap last year. You are basing your opinion on Manning's resume, not what he is right now.

What we are getting is the Kansas City Chiefs version of Joe Montana (at best)...Still a good QB, but hardly the best in the league....And it will be short lived at that.

claymore
05-31-2012, 09:49 AM
Tebow did beat Sanchez head to head....I wouldn't say Sanchez brings anything more to the table...the guy turns the ball over at an alarming rate and doesn't account for enough TD's to make up for it...Sanchez has better mechanics, I'll give him that, but I wouldn't say he's any better as far as the end result is concerned.

As for Manning, regression is irrelevant when you are retired...in 3 years Manning won't be better than Tebow because he won't be playing football.

Tebow lucked into a 20 some yard run with like 55 seconds on the clock.

Sanchez isnt that good of a QB. The bar is pretty freaking low for Tebow and I doubt he will ever be able to hurdle it.

Tebow wont be playing QB in 3 years either so its a moot argument.

claymore
05-31-2012, 09:54 AM
You are naiive if you think that's what we're getting...he's at the end of his career people. Didn't play a snap last year. You are basing your opinion on Manning's resume, not what he is right now.

What we are getting is the Kansas City Chiefs version of Joe Montana (at best)...Still a good QB, but hardly the best in the league....And it will be short lived at that.

If thats the case, I feel better going into the season with Osweiler and Webber than Tebow.

claymore
05-31-2012, 09:56 AM

He cried his way out of town. What a biatch!!!

Northman
05-31-2012, 10:09 AM

Elway was at the end of his career and we won 2 championships. I would be fine with that.

Ravage!!!
05-31-2012, 10:11 AM
Manning is a LOT better than Montana was at THIS point in their career. Montana got old and fragile. The ONLY games Manning has missed in his ENTIRE career are the ones last year. Thats amazing. To say that Manning is like Montana is an ignorant statement. Is Manning at his prime? No. But did you see his season before last? He threw for 679 attempts and complete 66.3% of them! He threw for MORE attempts, had more completions, and more yardage in 2010 than he did in any other year of his amazing career!

You can say "yeah, but that was bfore the injury" all you want. The point is, he's not some fragile QB that "isn't a top QB in the NFL anymore." The guy is STILL considered one of the top 4 in the league.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 10:12 AM
Tebow lucked into a 20 some yard run with like 55 seconds on the clock.

Sanchez isnt that good of a QB. The bar is pretty freaking low for Tebow and I doubt he will ever be able to hurdle it.

Tebow wont be playing QB in 3 years either so its a moot argument.

Yeah he got lucky a lot didn't he...at some point its not luck anymore. The guy has won everywhere he's been so maybe it's not as much luck as it is he just has the ability to make plays when it matters.

As much as people say you can't win with Tebow, there is absolutely 0 evidence in the W/L column to support that notion.

Ravage!!!
05-31-2012, 10:13 AM
Elway was at the end of his career and we won 2 championships. I would be fine with that.

Exactly!! Steve Young won a Super Bowl at the end of his career.

claymore
05-31-2012, 10:24 AM
Yeah he got lucky a lot didn't he...at some point its not luck anymore. The guy has won everywhere he's been so maybe it's not as much luck as it is he just has the ability to make plays when it matters.

As much as people say you can't win with Tebow, there is absolutely 0 evidence in the W/L column to support that notion.

There are many other statistics that do prove it though.

Ravage!!!
05-31-2012, 10:27 AM

0? He's never lost? People complained about the most harshest of criticisms of him last year....but Tebow's play, proved them all right. Thats the crutch of the problem for most. Despite the lucky wins we got, Tebow proved all his detractors correct with their analysis of his play.

claymore
05-31-2012, 10:41 AM
0? He's never lost? People complained about the most harshest of criticisms of him last year....but Tebow's play, proved them all right. Thats the crutch of the problem for most. Despite the lucky wins we got, Tebow proved all his detractors correct with their analysis of his play.

Orton had some damn lucky wins too. There was a point in time when "all he did was win". Now he is universally hated. Even though he was bad, he was still better than Tebow.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 10:43 AM

Actually, he proved them wrong. The analysts have their preset notions of what a prototypical QB is, yet he won in a different way that they didn't think was possible...The fact that he took a team with the worst record in the league and led them to the playoffs playing his style of play proved that there is not just one cookie cutter way to win football games.

The game is changing, and how we look at QB's will soon follow.

claymore
05-31-2012, 10:46 AM
Actually, he proved them wrong. The analysts have their preset notions of what a prototypical QB is, yet he won in a different way that they didn't think was possible...The fact that he took a team with the worst record in the league and led them to the playoffs playing his style of play proved that there is not just one cookie cutter way to win football games.

Once they can figure out how to replicate the chance happenings that Orton and Tebow enjoyed I will agree with you.

Timmy!
05-31-2012, 11:08 AM
Yes, we can all envision a league when the best Qb on the field is the personal protector on punt packages...... :rolleyes:

ShaneFalco
05-31-2012, 11:18 AM
There are many other statistics that do prove it though.

bible statistics, John 3:16.
For god so loved the world tebow throws for 316 against the steelers.

Cugel
05-31-2012, 11:27 AM

More to the point, Tebow NEVER had a good practice. Manning might have a bad practice, but Tebow sucked in practice, in OTAs, in scrimmages, in training-camp, in the pre-season, and during much of the regular season.

When Manning has a bad practice, that's an exception. With Tebow, it's not an exception, it's the rule!

He couldn't complete a pass unless the opposing team got a big lead and went to a prevent defense opening up the middle.

Frankly, I never understood why teams didn't just stay in their base defense the whole game when they were completely shutting down Tebow for 3 Qts. Once they got the big lead they just couldn't stop themselves from going to the prevent, opening up the underneath passing lanes, and letting Tebow start to run wild.

turftoad
05-31-2012, 11:34 AM

Your Crystal Ball sucks. :tsk:

Cugel
05-31-2012, 11:37 AM

Spoken like a true "last-ditch" Teboner!

"Tebow is revolutionizing the game!" "He's proving all his critics wrong!"

Right. :coffee:

NOBODY in the NFL wants Tebow as a starting QB. How's he going to "change the game" when he can't even start? :laugh:

NOT ONE TEAM wanted Tebow to start for them. If "all he does is win" really were true then some of these losing coaches whose jobs are on the line would want him, no?

The simple answer is that Tebow can't pass and the NFL is a passing league because the RULES make it a pass first league. It's built that way by design of the owners' Rules Committee and that's not going to change.

The fan-bois fantasy that somehow Tebow is going to "change the game" will slowly evaporate out of the hot-heads of the faithful, but clearly it's going to take time.

There is not "more than one way to win."

And no, it's not a "conspiracy" to keep Tebow out of a starting job in the NFL. If even ONE coach thought he could win consistently with Tebow as his starter, then they'd have traded for him and put him in.

REALITY 101: Some NFL coaches are going to lose their jobs this season. Some NFL teams don't have decent starting QBs who can win consistently in this league. (The two are related of course).

If ANYBODY in the NFL thought that "Tebow is going to change the way the game is played" they'd have been willing to offer the Broncos a 3rd or 4th round pick to get him and put him in as starter, win some games and save their jobs and reputations.

They'd rather take a chance on Ryan Tannehill in Miami than take Tebow.

The Browns would rather pin their hopes on 29 year old Brandon Weeden than take a chance on Tebow.

The Jacksonville Jaguars are in a dispute with the City of Jacksonville over whether they are breaking their stadium lease -- they've got one foot out of the door there, Tebow's a cult hero in Florida, and yet they still didn't want Tebow as their starter.

Good god! Their QBs are Chad Henne, Blaine Gabbert, and Jordan Palmer and they still don't want Tebow to start for them? What does that say? :laugh:

Despite all the conspiracy theory drivel, teams don't want him because they KNOW that Tebow can't do the job. They watch the tape and shake their heads.

guitarj
05-31-2012, 12:33 PM

But......

Exactly

Sent using Forum Runner

Ravage!!!
05-31-2012, 01:27 PM

No.. he proved them RIGHT. They showed and explained how ehe wouldn't be able to pass accurately and wouldn't be able to run an NFL offense. He did NOT throw accurately, and he certainly did NOT run an NFL offense. When the luck ran out, so did his wins.

The game is NOT changing to a running QB offense, its going to even MORE of a passing offense. The NFL is moving AWAY from the Vince Young's and Tim Tebow's of NCAA. I keep hearing that the NFL is changing to the QB of the running QB....yet teams pay 20 million for the 37 year old Mannings, and ship the Tebows off while he practices on punt teams.

bcbronc
05-31-2012, 01:51 PM

But something about how Tebow helped transform our shit team into a winner last year makes it hard for me just to see him walk for nothing.

I guess maybe it was the 2-1/2 years of being terrible made it easy for me to want Tebow to be the guy after we turned things around. I just felt like we had a good thing going and it was just the beginning of something special that we haven't seen around here in a while.

The guy was terrible for a good portion of most games (I'll admit that), but his ability to put it together when it mattered at the end of games showed me that this kid is a winner...Not something that you should just let walk out the door.

I felt like the guy would continue to improve and become a good QB for us for 10 years...I was in it for the long haul, but instead what we got was instant gratification that simply won't last.

Tebow showed flashes of something special last year, particularly when the game was on the line (which is something that can't be coached...you either have it or you don't). I thought with a little more development (he was supposed to be a 3-4 year project) that we would be an annual contender...We won the division in year 1 after all.

Come on, we finished 8-8 and Tebow lost 4 of his last 5 starts. Orton and McDaniels managed that. How does that count as turning things around?

Sanchez did lead NYJ to two afccg iirc. Be nice if you could at least try to be consistent with your position.

vandammage13
05-31-2012, 02:51 PM

9-7 in his first 16 starts...How does that record prove you can't win with him?

I didn't say he never lost...I said there's nothing about his record on any level that lends creedence to the thought that you can't win with him.

Cugel
05-31-2012, 03:22 PM

Well, there's the simple fact that 30 teams didn't even want him on their roster! That's rather a strong proof that they think he's basically worthless. :coffee:

Some of those GMs and coaches who didn't want Tebow aren't even going to keep their jobs next season. If they thought Tebow could come in and start and "just win" for their teams they would have traded for him -- and saved their careers!

But, they didn't.

And of the two teams that were willing to give up a measly 4th round pick for him, NEITHER considered him as a starter!

He's a backup QB pure and simple. Sanchez is going to have to suck pretty bad before the Jets hand the starting job over to Tebow.

And nobody else in the NFL even wants him. If he fails in NY he'll be playing in Canada!

Day1BroncoFan
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
Who the hell is this tebow you all speak of so much?

Isn't he the backup QB for the Jets now or something like that?

Manning for the win!!!

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 03:37 PM
:pop2:

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 06:29 PM

However, it will be easy for Tebow to be a more viable QB when Manning (best case scenario) retires after 3 years.Tebow will need a F'n ladder to ever wear Manning's shoes.......

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 06:40 PM
Once they can figure out how to replicate the chance happenings that Orton and Tebow enjoyed I will agree with you.
Yeah, all they have to do is master the on-side kick, forcing TO's in last minute/OT, RB brain farts, season ending injuries to S/LB/NT/RB/QB's the week before and a defense that holds the opponents to 15 points or less and their new teams can go 8-8 every year.......

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 06:42 PM
So God didn't love the world until Tebow was about to get benched?.......

Mannway187
06-01-2012, 01:58 AM

Didn't he do this in a game that lasted 3 hours and 16 minutes?

MOtorboat
06-02-2012, 10:15 PM

:butthurtfailbot:

http://broncosreport.com/2012/06/01/setting-the-record-straight-peyton-mannings-neck-injury/

Npba900
06-03-2012, 09:29 AM
No.. he proved them RIGHT. They showed and explained how ehe wouldn't be able to pass accurately and wouldn't be able to run an NFL offense. He did NOT throw accurately, and he certainly did NOT run an NFL offense. When the luck ran out, so did his wins.

The game is NOT changing to a running QB offense, its going to even MORE of a passing offense. The NFL is moving AWAY from the Vince Young's and Tim Tebow's of NCAA. I keep hearing that the NFL is changing to the QB of the running QB....yet teams pay 20 million for the 37 year old Mannings, and ship the Tebows off while he practices on punt teams.

Well stated.:D Tebow has become-and will continue to be a fading folklore memory.

Thanks Mr. Elway with bringing sanity-stability back to the QB position in Denver. This move alone will go down as your most impactful and visionary decision as your tenure here as GM for the Denver Broncos.

Npba900
06-03-2012, 09:43 AM
9-7 in his first 16 starts...How does that record prove you can't win with him?

I didn't say he never lost...I said there's nothing about his record on any level that lends creedence to the thought that you can't win with him.

The reality is.....Tebow was the second coming of Chicago Bears QB Bobby Douglas of the 1970's!

r6Qnk3PNvs4

OGaczuyWtCU&feature=related

broncobryce
06-03-2012, 02:42 PM
Tebow wins, you lose. That's it.

Simple Jaded
06-03-2012, 03:01 PM
Well stated.:D Tebow has become-and will continue to be a fading folklore memory.

Thanks Mr. Elway with bringing sanity-stability back to the QB position in Denver. This move alone will go down as your most impactful and visionary decision as your tenure here as GM for the Denver Broncos.I like your passion but replacing the leagues worst passer isn't exactly visionary.......

cardoso
06-03-2012, 05:31 PM
/
Best QB in the Game? By what standards? The ability to call audibles? or is the 7 or 8 times he's been 1 and done in the playoffs?

He's not even better than his little brother. He's not better than Brady, he's not better than Rogers shoot i wouldn't even take PM over Big Ben. We aquired a great regular season QB. Too bad he sucks grandmas azz when it comes to winning in the playoffs.

cardoso
06-03-2012, 05:45 PM

That's weird considering Cam is a running QB as is the QB miami drafted and as is RG3. Manny NFL personnel actually believe the QB is evolving to the Tebow, Cam, RG3 style. Funny how you clowns were moaning like babies when we were 4-14 in Kyle Orton's last 18 starts. Fans started boycotting games and seeing the upper deck at Mile High empty was embarrassing. Then Tebow came in and sparked the team, helped take them to playoffs and was a major factor in the Broncos first playoff game in almost a decade. With Tebow at QB the broncos won more games in 11 games then they did the last year and half combined! Yet all you clowns can do is crap on the QB who brought more to denver than Cutler, Orton, and Quinn combined in only 11 games. Tebow did nothing but spark a football team and fanbase and made them relevant again by giving his absolute best in practice and during games. I'm glad he's no longer here. Being the joke of the NFL for the previous 3 seasons has turned this fanbase into a bunch of idiots.

I will say this. My statement above is a reflection towards the internet forum know it all retards which represent about 1% of all the Broncos fans out there. There are plenty of fans with sense, respect, and admiration for what Tebow helped do to what was a franchise that had hit rock botttom.

NorCalBronco7
06-03-2012, 07:15 PM
/
Best QB in the Game? By what standards? The ability to call audibles? or is the 7 or 8 times he's been 1 and done in the playoffs?

He's not even better than his little brother. He's not better than Brady, he's not better than Rogers shoot i wouldn't even take PM over Big Ben. We aquired a great regular season QB. Too bad he sucks grandmas azz when it comes to winning in the playoffs.

Peyton is so much better than Eli, that only a moron who knows nothing about football would say otherwise.

And Im sure you'll come up with a dumb response to this, and my answer to it would be.....its a TEAM game.

That's weird considering Cam is a running QB as is the QB miami drafted and as is RG3. Manny NFL personnel actually believe the QB is evolving to the Tebow, Cam, RG3 style. Funny how you clowns were moaning like babies when we were 4-14 in Kyle Orton's last 18 starts. Fans started boycotting games and seeing the upper deck at Mile High empty was embarrassing. Then Tebow came in and sparked the team, helped take them to playoffs and was a major factor in the Broncos first playoff game in almost a decade. With Tebow at QB the broncos won more games in 11 games then they did the last year and half combined! Yet all you clowns can do is crap on the QB who brought more to denver than Cutler, Orton, and Quinn combined in only 11 games. Tebow did nothing but spark a football team and fanbase and made them relevant again by giving his absolute best in practice and during games. I'm glad he's no longer here. Being the joke of the NFL for the previous 3 seasons has turned this fanbase into a bunch of idiots.

I will say this. My statement above is a reflection towards the internet forum know it all retards which represent about 1% of all the Broncos fans out there. There are plenty of fans with sense, respect, and admiration for what Tebow helped do to what was a franchise that had hit rock botttom.

The difference between all those Qbs you mentioned is that Tebow is a run first Qb.

And save the "Broncos fans dont deserve Tebow" nonsense. Us fans deserve a Qb who can at least complete 50% of his passes, especially in todays NFL.

Get over it you fricken crybaby, Tebows gone and hes not coming back.

Simple Jaded
06-03-2012, 07:39 PM
.......above is a reflection towards the internet forum know it all retards which represent about 1% of all the Broncos fans out there.Same can be said about Tebow fans like you.

I love how Manning's entire career proves he's garbage but 1 game proves Tebow's greatness.......

MOtorboat
06-03-2012, 08:03 PM
/

Wow.

We're talking about one of the five greatest quarterbacks ever, and that's being generous to the other four quarterbacks.

1. Peyton Manning
2. John Elway
3. Tom Brady
4. Dan Marino
5. Joe Montana

MOtorboat
06-03-2012, 10:34 PM
Tebow wins, you lose. That's it.

I'm confused. Manning has a 68 percent win percentage over 13 seasons. Tebow has a 56 percent win percentage in two years.

I'm a little math-challenged.

Which number is higher? 68 or 56?

sneakers
06-03-2012, 11:16 PM
It wouldn't be so bad if he could run the ball.... :/

Simple Jaded
06-03-2012, 11:28 PM
John Elway replaced Jay Cutler and Tim Tebow in one offseason, I don't see how I lose.......

Poet
06-04-2012, 12:15 AM
It's funny, Brady supporters neglect to remember that Ole Tom can't win the big one when he's running an offense first team and Eli two seasons ago was so good that he lead the league in picks. Tom Brady was on a four win streak without winning a playoff game. Guess that means he sucks, right?

As far as Ben Roethlisberger goes, he's had two awful SB's and one great one. He did damn near everything to lose the game against the Seahawks and was a joke against the Packers. Who honestly thinks that Big Ben would win on the Colts teams that Manning carried? Who here thinks Manning could ride a top three defense like Ben did for the first half of his career?

Peyton Manning is so good he makes bad players look great. Yeah, he had Marvin Harrison who was a stud, but after watching that guy drop so many postseason catches and shrink away it's pretty clear who was more important to who. Every Tom Brady fan boy screams that Welker lost the SB for them but conveniently forgets that dropped pass by Austin Collie over the middle for an easy TD to blow the game open.

I cannot believe what I just read. If you honestly think Big Ben is better then Peyton Manning then I'm sorry.

As far as running QB's and evolving QB's in today's game - running the ball as a quarterback is an asset. Guys like Tony Romo, Aaron Rodgers, Vick, Newton and others use it to extend and make plays, big plays. However, when you have 3 guys throwing for 5k yards in one year and one more narrowly missing it, it's obvious that pocket passing is the most important thing a QB can do.

Drew Brees just had one of the best seasons ever. No one cares that he's less mobile than Vick, Newton, RG3 or anyone else. I love Tebow, I think most of his haters were overzealous and often blinded, but these arguments are more than a stretch.

vandammage13
06-04-2012, 10:51 AM
I'm confused. Manning has a 68 percent win percentage over 13 seasons. Tebow has a 56 percent win percentage in two years.

I'm a little math-challenged.

Which number is higher? 68 or 56?

Tebow's winning % in first 16 starts - 56%
Manning's winning % in first 16 starts - 18%

Now, I don't believe Tebow will ever be mentioned in the same breath with Manning as a passer, but if you want to compare records, a better comparison would be how well each did during the same stage of their careers.

Manning did significantly worse his first 16 starts...Both took over shit teams (Colts coming of #1 pick and Broncos coming off #2 pick) so the circumstances as far as supporting cast was similar.

Who's to say that Tebow's winning % won't improve as he gains experience, just as Manning's did?

TXBRONC
06-04-2012, 11:17 AM
Tebow's winning % in first 16 starts - 56%
Manning's winning % in first 16 starts - 18%

Now, I don't believe Tebow will ever be mentioned in the same breath with Manning as a passer, but if you want to compare records, a better comparison would be how well each did during the same stage of their careers.

Manning did significantly worse his first 16 starts...Both took over shit teams (Colts coming of #1 pick and Broncos coming off #2 pick) so the circumstances as far as supporting cast was similar.

Who's to say that Tebow's winning % won't improve as he gains experience, just as Manning's did?

Tebow wont have any kind of winning percentage if he's not starting. It's either arrogant or naive to think that he's going to beat out Sanchez. He has no chance to do so unless he improves as passer. As it stands right it doesn't look like his offseason work with a quarterback quru has done him like of good.

Let go Van this is not a sound argument.

vandammage13
06-04-2012, 11:48 AM
Tebow wont have any kind of winning percentage if he's not starting. It's either arrogant or naive to think that he's going to beat out Sanchez. He has no chance to do so unless he improves as passer. As it stands right it doesn't look like his offseason work with a quarterback quru has done him like of good.

Let go Van this is not a sound argument.

I don't think its arrogant or naiive to think that Tebow can supplant Sanchez.

If the Jet's brass were 100% sold on Sanchez, they probably wouldn't have traded for Tebow.

Maybe you already forgot what went down in Denver last year, but if you don't think the fans in NY will be calling for Sanchez's head if they aren't doing too well, just as fans did here in Denver, then perhaps it is you that is mistaken.

Orton, by all accounts, was the better and more polished QB, but yet TT still found a way to win the starting gig...It's not that far fetched at all to think that he could supplant Sanchez as well.

Northman
06-04-2012, 11:51 AM
And save the "Broncos fans dont deserve Tebow" nonsense. Us fans deserve a Qb who can at least complete 50% of his passes, especially in todays NFL.

Get over it you fricken crybaby, Tebows gone and hes not coming back.

I second this. **** OFF with your higher than mighty attitude. I was a Bronco fan while you were still dripping down your daddy's chin Card.

Day1BroncoFan
06-04-2012, 12:01 PM
I can see the Tebow point but he's gone, time to move on. Unless Manning falls on his face which isn't likely to happen then it's all moot. That is, unless you're setting up for the possible "I told you so" thing.

EDIT:

JFTR, I don't think we'll get a SB out of Manning and you have no idea how much I hope I'm wrong about that. I think we don't have all the pieces we need yet, it still could happen, but...

NightTerror218
06-04-2012, 01:19 PM
More to the point, Tebow NEVER had a good practice. Manning might have a bad practice, but Tebow sucked in practice, in OTAs, in scrimmages, in training-camp, in the pre-season, and during much of the regular season.

When Manning has a bad practice, that's an exception. With Tebow, it's not an exception, it's the rule!

He couldn't complete a pass unless the opposing team got a big lead and went to a prevent defense opening up the middle.

Frankly, I never understood why teams didn't just stay in their base defense the whole game when they were completely shutting down Tebow for 3 Qts. Once they got the big lead they just couldn't stop themselves from going to the prevent, opening up the underneath passing lanes, and letting Tebow start to run wild.

just saying most of Manning bad games are in the playoffs. he has owned the regular season in Indy for years and has 1 SB win for being in almost every offseason. That might have been because the team was crappy. Who knows. They had pro bowlers on offense and defense then.

Northman
06-04-2012, 01:36 PM
Well, thus far Tebow hasnt had much luck vs the Pats either. Perhaps NE is just THAT good.

NightTerror218
06-04-2012, 01:44 PM
Well, thus far Tebow hasnt had much luck vs the Pats either. Perhaps NE is just THAT good.

they are IMO but in a playoff losing slump.

Simple Jaded
06-04-2012, 07:27 PM
"Manning only has one SB win". Do people realize how obscenely ****ing stupid that sounds? Tebow's playoff win counts for more than Manning's entire career, too? Stupid doesn't even begin to describe.......

Poet
06-05-2012, 02:04 AM
Terry Bradshaw has four rings, he's better then every other QB sans Joe Montana....DER!

Canmore
06-05-2012, 02:16 AM
Terry Bradshaw has four rings, he's better then every other QB sans Joe Montana....DER!

That certainly was enlightening considering Terry can't even count to four.

TXBRONC
06-05-2012, 08:30 AM
I don't think its arrogant or naiive to think that Tebow can supplant Sanchez.

If the Jet's brass were 100% sold on Sanchez, they probably wouldn't have traded for Tebow.

Maybe you already forgot what went down in Denver last year, but if you don't think the fans in NY will be calling for Sanchez's head if they aren't doing too well, just as fans did here in Denver, then perhaps it is you that is mistaken.

Orton, by all accounts, was the better and more polished QB, but yet TT still found a way to win the starting gig...It's not that far fetched at all to think that he could supplant Sanchez as well.

Yeah right.

Ever hear of Brad Smith? That's why they brought in Tebow. Sorry pal.

Tebow win shit when comes to the starting position. It was handed to him because Orton failed misablely. It made the most of his opportunity to be sure but he didn't jack or shit when comes to actually beating Orton for the starting position.

I like the kid but making crap up in attempt to make sound better than he was is assine. This every bit bad as the crap that goes to far in other direction.

vandammage13
06-05-2012, 10:41 AM
Yeah right.

Ever hear of Brad Smith? That's why they brought in Tebow. Sorry pal.

Tebow win shit when comes to the starting position. It was handed to him because Orton failed misablely. It made the most of his opportunity to be sure but he didn't jack or shit when comes to actually beating Orton for the starting position.

I like the kid but making crap up in attempt to make sound better than he was is assine. This every bit bad as the crap that goes to far in other direction.

You made my point for me...

bcbronc
06-05-2012, 01:16 PM

No no king you've got it all wrong. Brett Favre is the GOAT cuz he's got so many regular season passing yards...DER!

TXBRONC
06-06-2012, 08:21 AM
You made my point for me...

How does it make your point when you said Tebow won the position?

Chef Zambini
06-06-2012, 12:54 PM
orton sucked. fans and media clammored for tebow.
JE decided, lets give 'em what they wqant, let the kid show the world what he can do.
'let them eat cake"
tebow sucked as a QB but excelled as a determined leader!
he was entertaining, and his non trADITIONAL SKILL SET confused defenses early on.
those who proclaim,
'all he did was win' are lying to themselves!
he went 2-5 in his last 7 games! try to remember that JMCD and orton were 6-0 when they first started !
anybody want them back?
TT is gone get over it, we have peyton freakin manning !

Poet
06-06-2012, 06:05 PM
No no king you've got it all wrong. Brett Favre is the GOAT cuz he's got so many regular season passing yards...DER!

That's a better argument. Favre carried this team, Bradshaw did not.

Time to troll.

Kyle Boller > Kyle Orton.

Tim Tebow > all.

ShaneFalco
06-06-2012, 10:06 PM
i laugh at the people who hate tebow, if it wasnt for his crazy fans we would still have orton throwing the ball out of bounds of every 3rd and 10.

MOtorboat
06-06-2012, 10:14 PM
i laugh at the people who hate tebow, if it wasnt for his crazy fans we would still have orton throwing the ball out of bounds of every 3rd and 10.

Who hates Tebow? No one has ever said they dislike him. People who can't separate his football play (which was terrible) and his off the field work (which is BEYOND commendable) are plain stupid.

Just because he is a great human being, does not mean he is worth a shit as a quarterback. And he wasn't.

OrangeFanatic
06-06-2012, 11:50 PM
"Manning only has one SB win". Do people realize how obscenely ****ing stupid that sounds? Tebow's playoff win counts for more than Manning's entire career, too? Stupid doesn't even begin to describe.......

If he wasn't a virgin, I would swear Tebow raped your sister or something. Killed your puppy maybe? You seriously pull some shit out of thin air sometimes, due to your hatred of him.

OrangeFanatic
06-06-2012, 11:51 PM
Who hates Tebow? No one has ever said they dislike him. People who can't separate his football play (which was terrible) and his off the field work (which is BEYOND commendable) are plain stupid.

Just because he is a great human being, does not mean he is worth a shit as a quarterback. And he wasn't.

Yeah most rookie seasons where the QB is thrown in un-prepared (No offseason/low practice reps) end up being terrible. Would have been nice to see what he could have done with a whole season including offseason under his belt.

Its a shame people wouldn't stop chanting his name at games.

sneakers
06-07-2012, 12:49 AM

Jeff Hostetler > Dan Marino

Mannway187
06-07-2012, 01:53 AM
If he wasn't a virgin, I would swear Tebow raped your sister or something. Killed your puppy maybe? You seriously pull some shit out of thin air sometimes, due to your hatred of him.

Given the elevation, shit pulled out of the air is bound to be thinner than shit pulled out of the air at a lower altitude like say someplace like Cincinnati where it isn't rape if your sister is old enough to drive but killing another mans puppy will get you 25 to life.

MOtorboat
06-07-2012, 07:31 AM
Yeah most rookie seasons where the QB is thrown in un-prepared (No offseason/low practice reps) end up being terrible. Would have been nice to see what he could have done with a whole season including offseason under his belt.

Its a shame people wouldn't stop chanting his name at games.

What rookie quarterback?

claymore
06-07-2012, 07:46 AM
What rookie quarterback?

The first 2 years dont count Mo. Somehow the 30 some other QB's that played last year had more of an offseason too.

Chef Zambini
06-07-2012, 08:03 AM
jets
mets
nets,
ironic or kharma
they all rhyme with regrets !

Simple Jaded
06-07-2012, 09:00 PM

I'll take that over the FB taking 26-yard sacks on 3rd and 10.......

Simple Jaded
06-07-2012, 09:03 PM

I don't hate Tim Tebow. And I'm not the one pulling the "Manning only has one SB win" out of thin air, that would be some of your fellow Tebowfans.......