PDA

View Full Version : Broncos' Peyton Manning, Eric Decker work OT as offense stalls in OTAs

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 01:55 PM
Peyton Manning and Eric Decker lingered on the Broncos' practice field for more than 15 minutes Wednesday, playing catch long after the rest of their teammates had headed into the locker room.

The Broncos were back for the second round of organized team activities after a long Memorial Day weekend, and the rust showed. Manning and Decker appeared to have several miscommunications during the practice, and the pair worked extra to fix the problem.

They were still discussing routes and passes as they finally headed back inside Dove Valley.

rest - http://www.denverpost.com/sports/ci_20742336/broncos-peyton-manning-eric-decker-work-ot-offense

The Glue Factory
05-30-2012, 02:25 PM
Good to see Decker working with Manning so hard. Would like to see Thomas do the same (I haven't seen many reports of Thomas working extra time voluntarily.)

CoachChaz
05-30-2012, 02:31 PM
Good to see Decker working with Manning so hard. Would like to see Thomas do the same (I haven't seen many reports of Thomas working extra time voluntarily.)

He's busy double dating

GEM
05-30-2012, 03:01 PM
He's busy double dating

Give the kid a break, at least he isn't tripping over a McDonalds wrapper! :laugh:

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 03:27 PM
From article:

Manning and Decker appeared to have several miscommunications during the practice, and the pair worked extra to fix the problem.

UH - maybe it's just me - but since the article states that the miscommunications during the practice were between Manning and Decker, I see no reason DT should be involved.:confused:

The Glue Factory
05-30-2012, 05:38 PM
From article:

UH - maybe it's just me - but since the article states that the miscommunications during the practice were between Manning and Decker, I see no reason DT should be involved.:confused:

I was referring to what I recall as a number of articles indicating Decker is working extra time with Manning and I don't see similar write ups about Thomas. My memory could use an upgrade so I could easily be wrong and Thomas has been engaged in similar activities as Decker.

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 07:03 PM
From article:

He means in general you hear all the time about Decker putting in extra work with Manning but never DT. I'm sure DT isn't so completely in tune with Manning that he couldn't use extra work with him as well.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 07:12 PM
He means in general you hear all the time about Decker putting in extra work with Manning but never DT. I'm sure DT isn't so completely in tune with Manning that he couldn't use extra work with him as well.

Decker put in extra work with Manning after Manning signed with the Broncos. DT was recuperating from surgery on his thumb.

Thomas had to undergo another operation to remove pins from his left thumb. So, he was sidelined once again when Manning signed with Denver in March and immediately began throwing passes to Decker, his new workout buddy.

http://www.huffingtonpost.com/2012/05/24/demaryius-thomas-eric-decker-peyton-manning_n_1542149.html

Simple Jaded
05-30-2012, 11:21 PM
According to Lamme Manning and Thomas are clicking, as is Manning and Tamme.......

Dzone
05-30-2012, 11:36 PM
So Wolfe has to wait until graduation? Huh? I dont recall this ever being a rule. Oh well, maybe it is best to be a college dropout at the time of the draft

Tebowtime2011
05-30-2012, 11:39 PM
Everyone is not mentioning the fact that they are coming off a 4 day break from memorial weekend so of course they weren't perfect.

Simple Jaded
05-30-2012, 11:58 PM
So Wolfe has to wait until graduation? Huh? I dont recall this ever being a rule. Oh well, maybe it is best to be a college dropout at the time of the draft

I don't remember it either, it might be new to the CBA. Apparently Hillman's class has graduated.......

DenBronx
05-31-2012, 12:22 AM

Thomas isn't working OT with Manning because Thomas runs the route correctly the first time like a WRs supposed to do. Decker is working with Manning after practices because he hasn't gelled yet. So, no I don't blame Thomas for that.

bcbronc
05-31-2012, 12:35 AM
DT can't stay for the extra work...Decker needs all the reps he can get. :D