PDA

View Full Version : Now That He's Been Released the Broncos Should Look at Terrell Owens

spikerman
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM
Sorry, that was for Andrew Mason. :behindsofa:

GEM
05-29-2012, 06:12 PM
He was released from the all might Wranglers?

:laugh: Oh man!!

:lol:

spikerman
05-29-2012, 06:16 PM
http://twitter.com/ProFootballTalk/statuses/207601339587493889

Northman
05-29-2012, 06:19 PM
Uh, no thanks.

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 06:22 PM
Uh, no thanks.

Oh come on. Just think of the possibilities. Think about how good Denver reporters have gotten at reporting on circuses...

It's endless entertainment.

Simple Jaded
05-29-2012, 06:56 PM
Released from the mental hospital?.......

ShaneFalco
05-29-2012, 07:02 PM
poor guy

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 08:28 PM
isnt he a part owner/ ... and they cut him?
...its more likely he asked for a release so he could purue something else!
would a team really dump their owner?
this is too bizarre !
yes lets bring in T.O. to replace the void left by T.T.
one circus for another.
do we still have the number for the guys that clean-up after the elephants?

Simple Jaded
05-29-2012, 08:32 PM
isnt he a part owner/ ... and they cut him?
...its more likely he asked for a release so he could purue something else!
would a team really dump their owner?
this is too bizarre !
yes lets bring in T.O. to replace the void left by T.T.
one circus for another.
do we still have the number for the guys that clean-up after the elephants?Fire the owners? I wish we could fire the Monforts.......

Denver Native (Carol)
05-29-2012, 08:51 PM
Bit of a scorpion-and-the-frog vibe to the latest story about former Philadelphia Eagles and Dallas Cowboys wide receiver Terrell Owens. In this one, the sixth-leading receiver in NFL history has been released by the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League for what team owner Jon Frankel described as "lack of effort both on and off the field."

Frankel cited Owens' refusal to play in two upcoming road games that are critical to the Wranglers' playoff hopes and Owens' no-show for a scheduled appearance at a local children's hospital as the breaking points in the team's relationship with the receiver.

Owens caught 35 passes for 420 yards and 10 touchdowns in eight games for the Wranglers.

"It's disappointing and unfortunate," Frankel said of releasing Owens, "but (he) could no longer be tolerated by the Wrangler organization."

rest - http://espn.go.com/blog/nflnation/post/_/id/59091/a-sad-new-low-for-terrell-owens

ShaneFalco
05-29-2012, 10:39 PM
dude needs some friends or something.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 01:18 AM
T.O. is a mental case. his story will end in tragedy.

ShaneFalco
05-30-2012, 08:23 AM
to be honest i want him to play on the Rams. but it could ruin Bradford for ever.

LTC Pain
05-30-2012, 10:07 AM
Sorry, that was for Andrew Mason. :behindsofa:

No, the Broncos should not consider, sniff, check out, look at, interview, etc. Terrel Owens. No.

TXBRONC
05-30-2012, 10:12 AM
No thank you. Seriously I don't think he can beat out Matthew Willis.

DenBronx
05-30-2012, 01:44 PM
Go ahead flame away but I would like us to bring him in for the vet min. If he acts up then fine, cut his ass in camp. There's zero complaints he could ever have playing for Manning.....zero! This team is very stable and solid already. TO is a low risk high reward option.

Doubt any team picks him up though.

Npba900
05-30-2012, 05:31 PM
Go ahead flame away but I would like us to bring him in for the vet min. If he acts up then fine, cut his ass in camp. There's zero complaints he could ever have playing for Manning.....zero! This team is very stable and solid already. TO is a low risk high reward option.

True. The NFL owners and coaches are way to conservative and unforgiving to give a first ballot HOF WR like T.O. another shot. If an Al Davis from the 80's and 90's were still around today, then TO would probably sign for a veteran minimum-incentive laden contract. Terrell still has a lot left in the tank as a short rout running WR at 10-25 yds. He would command attention and respect for opposing secondary's as well.

Elway should talk with Manning about the possibilities to bring TO in for an interview Elway, Fox, Manning and TO. No doubt the last two years has been a pretty humbling-eye opening experience for TO having been out of football this long with no teams showing interest.

I say bring TO in at least for an interview with the Big Four. Let TO know up front that if the Broncos were to sign him, he would be on a short lease and any locker room, sideline disruptions will be cause for immediate dismissals.

Oh by the way! Ocho Cinco(sp) may be available......don't think Chad will be with the Patriots for long!!

Northman
05-30-2012, 05:32 PM

Not at this stage of his career.

Npba900
05-30-2012, 05:40 PM
Not at this stage of his career.

T.O. has a lot left in the tank.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7kHpph-mTFo

Northman
05-30-2012, 05:44 PM
Uh yea. So much that the little league didnt want him. lol

Npba900
05-30-2012, 06:10 PM
Uh yea. So much that the little league didnt want him. lol

Makes you wonder who tired of who first? TO wasn't going to stay in the arena league.

Northman
05-30-2012, 06:13 PM
Makes you wonder who tired of who first? TO wasn't going to stay in the arena league.

Oh for the love of god. Yes NP, i forgot that TO is the poster child for the consumate teammate award. Its a grand conspiracy against poor TO and everyone else is the problem and not him. Come on man, really? Are you really going to try and go THERE? lmao

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 06:49 PM
So TO tuned out again. :lol:

Npba900
05-30-2012, 06:59 PM
Oh for the love of god. Yes NP, i forgot that TO is the poster child for the consumate teammate award. Its a grand conspiracy against poor TO and everyone else is the problem and not him. Come on man, really? Are you really going to try and go THERE? lmao

My answer is "Yes"! Give the man another try. He's gone thru a humbling humiliation of teams not falling over themselves to sign him. Who's to say he hasn't accomplished a complete 360 over the last 18 months. What is there to lose? If Elway-Fox and Manning believes TO can be an asset and extra target/weapon for Manning and the offense........I say think outside the box and sign T.O. for the veteran league minimum and performance incentives. Hell, even put in TO's contract that any behavioral return to his outspoken divisive ways of the past would mean automatic dismissal from the team.

Day1BroncoFan
05-30-2012, 07:02 PM
hmm...

Is it worth the trouble? Probably not. People don't turn around to often and a 360 means he's going the same direction anyway. :D

Npba900
05-30-2012, 07:27 PM
hmm...

Is it worth the trouble? Probably not. People don't turn around to often and a 360 means he's going the same direction anyway. :D

Well disrespect. However, versus the fans deciding whether TO becomes a Bronco I'd like to see Elway, Fox, and Manning deciding if its a good idea to bring TO in for an interview. But you are right about the 360.....how about a 180!

spikerman
05-30-2012, 07:56 PM
Well disrespect. However, versus the fans deciding whether TO becomes a Bronco I'd like to see Elway, Fox, and Manning deciding if its a good idea to bring TO in for an interview. But you are right about the 360.....how about a 180!

Owens has been a bad teammate wherever he's been. Every team in every league is better off without that overrated primadona.

Npba900
05-30-2012, 08:14 PM
Owens has been a bad teammate wherever he's been. Every team in every league is better off without that overrated primadona.

TO isn't over rated stat wise. Now is he a prima dona...yes he is. However, he's still a top rated number 2 WR in the NFL.

I say think outside the box and sign T.O. for the veteran league minimum and performance incentives. Hell, even put in TO's contract that any behavioral return to his outspoken divisive ways of the past would mean automatic dismissal from the team.

Npba900
05-30-2012, 08:24 PM
So TO tuned out again. :lol:

I think Owens would be a great fit ,and let's all hope he has realized this would be his last chance to go out a winner. He is a great receiver and Peyton is a great quarterback why not go for it?

iLands
05-30-2012, 08:44 PM
He was cut because his contract only covered him for home games and the opposing teams had to fit the bill for away games - something they refused down the stretch.

Either way, I don't really care. Just settling the dispute. It wasn't a case of talent but of a contractual disagreement.

Simple Jaded
05-30-2012, 09:45 PM
Terrell Owens has a severe mental disorder, I'm not kidding. He's already tried to commit suicide twice -allegedly- and it wouldn't surprise me if he succeeds someday.......

bcbronc
05-31-2012, 12:54 AM
NYJ could use another weapon for their punt coverage squad.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 01:09 AM
Sign T.o to a 2 year/10 Mil contract

Hes a HOFer people. Who cares if hes 41? He has fresh feet and everybody needs a second chance.

spikerman
05-31-2012, 05:26 AM
Sign T.o to a 2 year/10 Mil contract

Hes a HOFer people. Who cares if hes 41? He has fresh feet and everybody needs a second chance.

He's already had a second chance, and third, and fourth, and fifth........... He's also got the most questionable hands of any "HoF"er to go along with his bad attitude.

TXBRONC
05-31-2012, 06:50 AM

I don't see a reward side to bringing in Owens. What exactly would we get out of him production wise?

You would think Owens would have zero complaints playing with Manning but this is still Terrell Owens we're talking about.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 03:07 PM
He's already had a second chance, and third, and fourth, and fifth........... He's also got the most questionable hands of any "HoF"er to go along with his bad attitude.

So what.

Deep dpwn inside, T.o a great person and even better teamate.

Let me ask you this, how many recievers cry for their Qb?

The answer is, the one, the only.....T.o

Thats unadulterated passion that the Broncos desperately need, especially with Tebow gone.

Also, his hands might not be great, but hes 6'5 240. Do the math. Hes a beast.

SIGN T.O

LTC Pain
05-31-2012, 03:23 PM
So what.

Thats unadulterated passion that the Broncos desperately need, especially with Tebow gone.

SIGN T.O

Oh my!

spikerman
05-31-2012, 04:27 PM
So what.

SIGN T.O

There is nothing to indicate that he's either a great person or a great teammate. Ok, he cried for one QB, but he threw two others under the bus. In my book he's still in the hole.

Timmy!
05-31-2012, 05:14 PM
So what.

SIGN T.Ohttp://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9210111.jpg

dogfish
05-31-2012, 05:25 PM
TO may not have a ton of production left in the tank, but IMO he's the kind of guy who's more than worth signing just for his veteran leadership-- he could really be a great influence on an otherwise very young receiving corps. . . i think we need to seriously consider this. . .

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 05:27 PM
There is nothing to indicate that he's either a great person or a great teammate. Ok, he cried for one QB, but he threw two others under the bus. In my book he's still in the hole.

"In the hole"....pffffft

Id call T.os situation a "minor setback".

You can question his character all you want, kid, but how many athelets gets their own show on VH1? Ill tell ya, not many.

http://images.memegenerator.net/instances/400x/9210111.jpg

If you have to ask that question......well gl in life!

spikerman
05-31-2012, 05:30 PM
"In the hole"....pffffft

You can question his character all you want, kid, but how many athelets gets their own show on VH1? Ill tell ya, not many.

I don't know what's funnier - that you think I'm a kid or that you somehow think that a person getting a show on VH1 actually helps your argument.

spikerman
05-31-2012, 05:31 PM
TO may not have a ton of production left in the tank, but IMO he's the kind of guy who's more than worth signing just for his veteran leadership-- he could really be a great influence on an otherwise very young receiving corps. . . i think we need to seriously consider this. . .

You had me going there for a second.

Timmy!
05-31-2012, 05:36 PM
"In the hole"....pffffft

If you have to ask that question......well gl in life!

I've just been wanting to bust that one out for like a week.......we probably should sign TO though, he would add some much needed media exposure.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 05:39 PM
I don't know what's funnier - that you think I'm a kid or that you somehow think that a person getting a show on VH1 actually helps your argument.

I dont see whats funny, guy. Do you have a show on VH1? Doubt it.

The fact is, T.o is a lightning rod of both talent and charisma, something no other player can say after Tebow left.

Us fans deserve T.o, and the Broncos better do everything the can to sign him, young man.

You had me going there for a second.

Nothing gets past you.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 05:43 PM
I've just been wanting to bust that one out for like a week.......we probably should sign TO though, he would add some much needed media exposure.

And the timing of it makes me think you've stayed up for 4 days sniffing cocaine, all the while talking in a high voice......dressed in a clown suit.

spikerman
05-31-2012, 05:57 PM
I dont see whats funny, guy. Do you have a show on VH1? Doubt it.

The fact is, T.o is a lightning rod of both talent and charisma, something no other player can say after Tebow left.

Us fans deserve T.o, and the Broncos better do everything the can to sign him, young man.
Hey, if you want to believe that I'm a young man, I'll take it! So you're no longer defending him as a WR that can help the team, only a media personality that brings addtional exposure? Is that right? You're right that I don't have a show on VH1, but I'm also not a bankrupt WR with hands of stone with whom it appears most NFL teams have no interest. What's your point?

Nothing gets past you.
Why, thank you!

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 06:16 PM
Hey, if you want to believe that I'm a young man, I'll take it! So you're no longer defending him as a WR that can help the team, only a media personality that brings addtional exposure? Is that right? You're right that I don't have a show on VH1, but I'm also not a bankrupt WR with hands of stone with whom it appears most NFL teams have no interest. What's your point?

I could ask you the same question, but I wont.

Yes, T.o brings that much needed media exposure back to Denver....where it belongs. He'll sell jerseys. Hes great in front of the camera. Hes simply entertaining.

And dont lie, you wish you were T.o. Have you seen his abs, his biceps, his tan, his "million dollar smile". Hes a modern day Greek God with the wit of a kangaroo. Please, you want to be just like T.o. I can tell by the way you type that your weak sauce.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 06:55 PM
The Broncos do not need anymore ******* media exposure! **** that bullshit. Who here hasn't had enough of the constant media mellow drama surrounding this team since McJay Gate? There was hordes of media here last year just to watch a ******* 4th string QB throw passes into the parking lot. It's time to shut the **** up and get back to the business of playing football.

Media exposure is the worst possible reason to go after B.O.......

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 08:27 PM
You mad?

Denver Native (Carol)
05-31-2012, 08:37 PM
CULVER CITY, Calif. -- The life of former NFL wide receiver Terrell Owens is turning into a sad melodrama, with his football career at any level, probably coming to an end this week when the Allen Wranglers of the Indoor Football League cut him for not playing in two road games and failing to attend a charity event. Even a team that triumphed his arrival a few months ago had enough.

Brian Dawkins played with Owens from 2004 through 2005 in Philadelphia and said that Owens -- who is reportedly considering suing the IFL's Wranglers -- has simply done too much wrong to be extended a break, at least as it concerns football.

"On the football field, he's one of the hardest working cats, seriously," Dawkins said on NFL.com's "Cover Two" podcast. "It's some of the antics early on, some of the way he treated people. Wisdom is you don't want to burn bridges along the way. When you burn those bridges with that guy, he talks to that guy who talks to that guy. That builds a web."

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8297c359/article/brian-dawkins-drama-keeping-terrell-owens-out-of-nfl?module=HP11_headline_stack

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 08:46 PM
You mad?
Yeah @!$&#*~, I $@&}#¥+^ and @&$<+**#^%##* media #%#^*!>¥£. That's right, I said it.......

spikerman
05-31-2012, 09:24 PM
I could ask you the same question, but I wont.

Yes, T.o brings that much needed media exposure back to Denver....where it belongs. He'll sell jerseys. Hes great in front of the camera. Hes simply entertaining.

And dont lie, you wish you were T.o. Have you seen his abs, his biceps, his tan, his "million dollar smile". Hes a modern day Greek God with the wit of a kangaroo. Please, you want to be just like T.o. I can tell by the way you type that your weak sauce.

Sounds like somebody has a man crush. I think that's kind of sweet.

NorCalBronco7
05-31-2012, 10:10 PM
Yeah @!$&#*~, I $@&}#¥+^ and @&$<+**#^%##* media #%#^*!>¥£. That's right, I said it.......

Breathe, Jaded, beathe.

Sounds like somebody has a man crush. I think that's kind of sweet.

You've obviously never seen T.o dressed like Hally Barry...

Timmy!
06-01-2012, 03:41 AM
And the timing of it makes me think you've stayed up for 4 days sniffing cocaine, all the while talking in a high voice......dressed in a clown suit.

I do cocaine!

TXBRONC
06-01-2012, 08:09 AM
So what.

SIGN T.O

I think he's well past the beast stage of his career.

ShaneFalco
06-01-2012, 10:42 AM
i think he could still do it better then some of our wrs.

but i think its kinda pointless, Elway and Fox would never sign him

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 03:25 PM
i think he could still do it better then some of our wrs.

but i think its kinda pointless, Elway and Fox would never sign himbecause they are not stoopid.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 03:31 PM
So what.

SIGN T.ONCB7 I see by your recent posts that you would add TO to the bronco roster along with,
jeff george and jmarcus russel.
ok then.

NorCalBronco7
06-01-2012, 07:31 PM
NCB7 I see by your recent posts that you would add TO to the bronco roster along with,
jeff george and jmarcus russel.
ok then.

Hell yeah Id sign/trade mulitiple draft picks for players like Jeff George, J Russ, and players other thier caliber. T.o isnt even on there level yet. One day.

He still has a long career ahead of him, and hopefully in Mile High City. Im praying earnestly, as Tebow taught us all, about this issue now.

Npba900
06-03-2012, 10:56 AM

Good luck with TO evenly remotely trying to toss Manning under the Bus. I can't see TO doing such a move.....he knows that would get him run out of Denver thus ending his NFL career.

spikerman
06-03-2012, 12:53 PM
Good luck with TO evenly remotely trying to toss Manning under the Bus. I can't see TO doing such a move.....he knows that would get him run out of Denver thus ending his NFL career.

I agree that it wouldn't work. I also think if Owens was evenly remotely intelligent he would not be in the position he's in. I wouldn't count on him when it comes to good judgement.

Nomad
06-03-2012, 12:57 PM
He was released from the all might Wranglers?

:laugh: Oh man!!

:lol:

:lol: TO has talent so many receivers wish they had, but the common sense of a rock. What a waste!

dogfish
06-04-2012, 02:48 AM

i see you've met timmy! previously. . .

ShaneFalco
06-04-2012, 04:24 AM
http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8298b54e/article/terrell-owens-demands-cash-apology-from-ifl-team?module=HP11_headline_stack

Terrell Owens demands cash, apology from IFL team

Chef Zambini
06-04-2012, 07:54 AM
one of the things that I like most about T.O. is that he is NOT a bronco !
I consider that his best quality.

he could be a tremendous asset to our team...
if he signed with an AFC west opponent.