PDA

View Full Version : Go D-Backs!

FanInAZ
06-07-2009, 01:34 AM
I mean seriously, do something. Spend some more time at BP. Taco Bell has a special that we get 3 free tacos whenever you score 6 or more runs in a game. Note that I said when you score 6 or more runs, not your opponent. I'm starving to death over here. So please, do something!

OrangeHoof
06-07-2009, 03:55 PM
Bumper sticker seen in Atlanta back in the 1980s:

"Go Braves...and take the Falcons with you."

Broncospsycho77
06-07-2009, 04:02 PM
:cricket:

FanInAZ
06-29-2010, 12:32 AM
I was watching "The Bad News Bears" earlier tonight when I realized; this isn't "The Bad News Bears," its the latest D-Backs debacle. Seriously, they had a 2 run lead in the 9th before giving up 3 runs on 2 wild throws. Does anyone have a Double A franchise that we could trade for straight across the board!

SR
06-29-2010, 07:34 AM
One game dude. On friggin game out of 163. Take a damn chill pill.

EMB6903
06-29-2010, 08:17 AM

more than just one game... Dbacks bullpen are going to set a record for the highest ERA in a single season.

Thnikkaman
06-29-2010, 09:26 AM

I like to call the DBacks Bullpen the Golf Club since they are always teeing up balls.

SR
06-29-2010, 10:49 AM
My bad...I made a typo. Baseball sucks anyway. I was at the game where the D-Backs clinched the World Series and didn't even get excited.

slim
06-29-2010, 10:54 AM
Baseball does not suck, you just need to watch a better team.

SR
06-29-2010, 11:02 AM
It wouldn't matter. I'd rather chew on foil than watch an entire game of baseball live or on TV. It's boring. More boring than golf. Most of my dad's side of the family are big baseball fans because of my great uncle Bob Howsam, but I just couldn't ever get in to it. How grossly over paid they are also turns me off.

FanInAZ
06-29-2010, 03:47 PM

Every comment that you've made to any of my posts for about the last month or two have been attacks. Because of this, I no longer which to have dialog with you on any subject. Therefore, I will be putting you on my ignore list and would ask that you reciprocate in kind.

SR
06-29-2010, 04:50 PM
Boo hoo.

Denver Native (Carol)
07-02-2010, 10:44 AM
http://sports.espn.go.com/mlb/news/story?id=5347540

PHOENIX -- The Arizona Diamondbacks fired manager A.J. Hinch and general manager Josh Byrnes on Thursday night in a shakeup at the top of a team cemented in last place in the NL West for the second year in a row.

Diamondbacks bench coach and ex-major league slugger Kirk Gibson will take over as interim manager for a ballclub that was 31-48, 15 games back of San Diego.

Team president Derrick Hall called the dismissals "a first and major step in the re-evaluation of our team."

The 35-year-old Hinch was promoted May 7, 2009. Despite having no managerial experience at any level, he was moved from the front office to manager following the firing of Bob Melvin. Hinch has two years remaining on his contract after this season.

Hinch is the fourth manager to lose his job this season. Florida's Fredi Gonzalez, Baltimore's Dave Trembley and Kansas City's Trey Hillman have also been fired.

Byrnes, once considered a rising star among young baseball executives, has a whopping 5½ years left on a deal that runs through 2015.

Former major league pitcher Jerry DiPoto, vice president for player development, will take over the GM duties on an interim basis.

In a statement issued Thursday night, Arizona managing partner Ken Kendrick called the firings "a significant decision, but one that we find necessary in order to achieve a direction of winning consistently on the field again."

The team scheduled a Friday news conference to discuss the move.

Gibson's name is as recognizable as Hinch's was obscure, as much as anything for one of baseball's most dramatic home runs.

He hit .268 with 255 home runs, 870 RBIs and 284 stolen bases in 17 seasons as a major league outfielder with Detroit, the Los Angeles Dodgers, Kansas City and Pittsburgh.

He was the Dodgers' team leader and NL MVP in the 1988 regular season, but injuries to both legs kept him on the bench when the World Series against Oakland began.

In Game 1, barely able to walk, Gibson came to the plate as a pinch hitter in the ninth and hit Dennis Eckersly's 0-2 pitch into the right field seats of Dodger Stadium to give Los Angeles a 5-4 victory. He limped around the bases, pumping his fist in triumph, as broadcaster Jack Buck uttered his famous "I don't believe what I just saw!"

Gibson was the Tigers bench coach from 2003-2005 and joined Melvin's staff in the same capacity in 2007.

Byrnes was in his fifth season as general manager after being lured from the Boston Red Sox, where he was assistant to GM Theo Epstein. After the young Diamondbacks finished with the NL's best record and made it to the NLCS in 2007, Arizona gave him an eight-year extension.

Hinch, who has a degree from Stanford, was vice president for player personnel when he was moved to the manager's role, even though he had never even been a coach before. At the time, Byrnes touted Hinch's "organizational advocacy."

The team stumbled on to a last-place finish in the NL West (70-92), but Hinch confidently said "I like this team" coming out of spring training this year. Quickly, though, the Diamondbacks faded. At one time, they lost 10 in a row, including a franchise-worst 0-9 road trip. When the club returned from that awful journey, Hinch acknowledged, "This group hasn't responded that well to me."

Hinch had an 89-123 record in not quite 14 months as Arizona's fifth manager.

DiPoto had a 27-24 record with 49 saves and a 4.05 ERA in 390 major league appearances in eight seasons with Cleveland, the New York Mets and Colorado. He worked for the Red Sox scouting department for two years before becoming Colorado's player personnel director in 2005. He joined the Diamondbacks when Byrnes became general manager in 2006 and was in his second season and vice president/player personnel.

The Diamondbacks open a 10-game home stand Friday night with the first of a three-game series against the Los Angeles Dodgers.

The team is on pace to shatter the major league record for strikeouts in the season and its bullpen statistically is one of the worst the game has known.

"We have a number of talented players, obviously see great room for improvement," Kendrick said. "This franchise has enjoyed tremendous success over the years and we want to get back to our winning ways. The loyal staff of this organization, as well as all of our fans, hopes for and deserves better results on the field."

FanInAZ
07-02-2010, 04:56 PM
Great, they fired their manager AGAIN! They also fired the GM. Now all they need to do is fire the owner and we might have some hope for this team.

slim
12-06-2010, 01:22 PM
The D-Bags have traded Mark Reynolds.

Coach, what do you know about the two youngs pitchers they are getting from Bmore?

AZOmae
02-24-2012, 06:26 PM
Looks like I'm late to the party.

I've slowly become a DBacks fan, since I've lived in AZ for 11 years now. When I moved here, they were in the midst of winning the World Series. I could have cared less.

Then they became a really horrible team. Something that I could watch, if it ever would happen, be built from the ground up.

Well, Kevin Towers, the genius that he is, put together a solid young team. Something I had hoped my Rockies would do. Instead the Rockies, I feel, have betrayed the fans by settling on mediocrity. You can only be carried by Tulo and Car-Go for so long.

That being said, when the Rockies come to town, I usually adorn my Rockies gear (one of the original 80,000+ that attended the very first Rockies home game at Mile High Stadium back in '93).

But for the most part, I am a DBacks fan now. Even Eric Young and Don Baylor are DBacks now. LOL!

Anyways, looking forward to the Spring Training game next Saturday, Rockies-DBacks at Salt River Fields!!

GO BASEBALL!!

GEM
02-24-2012, 07:58 PM
Yay!! You came over!! :)

Thnikkaman
02-26-2012, 11:17 PM
Turncoats.

**** the D-Bags.

Thnikkaman
02-26-2012, 11:37 PM
Looks like I'm late to the party.

I've slowly become a DBacks fan, since I've lived in AZ for 11 years now. When I moved here, they were in the midst of winning the World Series. I could have cared less.

Then they became a really horrible team. Something that I could watch, if it ever would happen, be built from the ground up.

Well, Kevin Towers, the genius that he is, put together a solid young team. Something I had hoped my Rockies would do. Instead the Rockies, I feel, have betrayed the fans by settling on mediocrity. You can only be carried by Tulo and Car-Go for so long.

That being said, when the Rockies come to town, I usually adorn my Rockies gear (one of the original 80,000+ that attended the very first Rockies home game at Mile High Stadium back in '93).

But for the most part, I am a DBacks fan now. Even Eric Young and Don Baylor are DBacks now. LOL!

Anyways, looking forward to the Spring Training game next Saturday, Rockies-DBacks at Salt River Fields!!

GO BASEBALL!!

This is like saying "I was a life long Orioles fan, but I decided to root for the Red Sox because they won the world series that one year."

AZOmae
02-27-2012, 12:32 PM
This is like saying "I was a life long Orioles fan, but I decided to root for the Red Sox because they won the world series that one year."

To each their own.

Just tired of the Rockies front office not doing ANYTHING for the team. Seriously, they signed 88 year old Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract?

Turncoats = Rockies front office

Thnikkaman
02-27-2012, 12:34 PM
To each their own.

Just tired of the Rockies front office not doing ANYTHING for the team. Seriously, they signed 88 year old Jamie Moyer to a minor league contract?

Turncoats = Rockies front office

Meh. Enjoy the D-Bags frontrunner. What's your address? I'll send you some Yankees or Cardinals gear.

AZOmae
02-27-2012, 12:45 PM
Meh. Enjoy the D-Bags frontrunner. What's your address? I'll send you some Yankees or Cardinals gear.

What's yours? I'll send you all my Rockies crap. It's sitting under my neighbors car, so his garage floor doesn't get covered with oil. He'll just have to use newspapers from now on.

Thnikkaman
02-27-2012, 12:46 PM
What's yours? I'll send you all my Rockies crap. It's sitting under my neighbors car, so his garage floor doesn't get covered with oil. He'll just have to use newspapers from now on.

Good deal. It's tough finding Rockies gear when you live in the market of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. I've persevered through 2 Cardinals WS championships and I haven't jumped teams yet.

AZOmae
02-27-2012, 01:08 PM
Good deal. It's tough finding Rockies gear when you live in the market of the Cubs, White Sox, Brewers, Twins, Cardinals, and Royals. I've persevered through 2 Cardinals WS championships and I haven't jumped teams yet.

Well, it was tough for me to stay on Rockies stuff, when I get baseball shoved at me year round down here, especially when I live in a neighborhood with 4 DBacks players, 2 Dodgers and a White Sox kid. It's more due to the fact that I'm friends with the DBacks guys, but then again, I've befriended Cardinals players, and CAN'T STAND the AZ Cardinals. :confused:

I'll tell you what....I'll try to get a pic with Baylor and EY this weekend at the game on Saturday. For old times sake.

P.S. Try being from Wyoming, and trying to find Wyoming gear ANYWHERE outside of Wyoming. I had to gear up at the New Mexico Bowl this year, and 2 years ago filled up my car with Wyoming stuff when I went home for my 20th H.S. reunion. Literally, couldn't see out of my windows.

Thnikkaman
02-27-2012, 01:23 PM
Well, it was tough for me to stay on Rockies stuff, when I get baseball shoved at me year round down here, especially when I live in a neighborhood with 4 DBacks players, 2 Dodgers and a White Sox kid. It's more due to the fact that I'm friends with the DBacks guys, but then again, I've befriended Cardinals players, and CAN'T STAND the AZ Cardinals. :confused:

I'll tell you what....I'll try to get a pic with Baylor and EY this weekend at the game on Saturday. For old times sake.

P.S. Try being from Wyoming, and trying to find Wyoming gear ANYWHERE outside of Wyoming. I had to gear up at the New Mexico Bowl this year, and 2 years ago filled up my car with Wyoming stuff when I went home for my 20th H.S. reunion. Literally, couldn't see out of my windows.

I've just got to give you shit for jumping onto the D-Baqs bandwagon. I haven't lived in Denver since before the Rockies existed. I lived in Vegas in '93 when the Rockies came into existence. I was the only kid in High-School rocking Rockies gear, and the closest I could get to a game was when the Sky Sox would come to town and play against the Las Vegas Stars (they are the 51s now).

Now I live in Eastern Iowa where I get the Cubs and Cards shoved down my throat. Its nice that my Alma Mater is the University of Iowa, but for anything Colorado sports related, I've either got to buy online, or pick gear up when I'm there visiting family.

slim
02-27-2012, 01:24 PM
I used to be a Bronco fan, then I was a Charger fan....from '04 through 2010.

Now I am thinking about being a Bronco fan again.

FanInAZ
02-27-2012, 04:40 PM

I'm a marginal Baseball fan that enjoys watching it with someone else who I can critique the game with, but find it boring to watch alone. I do support the hometown D-Backs because they are an Arizona original team, unlike Bidwell Transients (Cardinals).

I was one of the football fans here in AZ that wanted to wait for the NFL expansion that had already been announced. If so, we certainly would have gotten one of the franchises that ended up going to Jacksonville & Carolina, even though we would have had to wait another 6 years to do so. I was disappointed when Bidwell didn’t carry out his threat to move the Cards to LA after we voted down the 2nd time (based on the reports that I heard about at the time, they didn’t want the Cards either). I was then disappointed when the last stat stadium proposal past & I knew we were stuck with the Cards for good.

I was raised in Rock Springs & have a bunch of relatives up in Cody, Burlington & Powell.

AZOmae
02-28-2012, 01:35 PM
I've just got to give you shit for jumping onto the D-Baqs bandwagon. I haven't lived in Denver since before the Rockies existed. I lived in Vegas in '93 when the Rockies came into existence. I was the only kid in High-School rocking Rockies gear, and the closest I could get to a game was when the Sky Sox would come to town and play against the Las Vegas Stars (they are the 51s now).

Now I live in Eastern Iowa where I get the Cubs and Cards shoved down my throat. Its nice that my Alma Mater is the University of Iowa, but for anything Colorado sports related, I've either got to buy online, or pick gear up when I'm there visiting family.

Yeah. I understand. I jumped on the AZ bandwagon when they sucked though, back in 2004. I felt like their 2001 WS team was bought like the Marlins. I figured that, in 2004, I can watch a franchise build up from the bottom. That they made the playoffs last year was shocking to me. But it was a fun ride. I was able to chat with Mike Hampton before he retired about his days with the Rockies. I only mentioned his hitting though. :D

AZOmae
02-28-2012, 01:39 PM
I'm a marginal Baseball fan that enjoys watching it with someone else who I can critique the game with, but find it boring to watch alone. I do support the hometown D-Backs because they are an Arizona original team, unlike Bidwell Transients (Cardinals).

I was one of the football fans here in AZ that wanted to wait for the NFL expansion that had already been announced. If so, we certainly would have gotten one of the franchises that ended up going to Jacksonville & Carolina, even though we would have had to wait another 6 years to do so. I was disappointed when Bidwell didn’t carry out his threat to move the Cards to LA after we voted down the 2nd time (based on the reports that I heard about at the time, they didn’t want the Cards either). I was then disappointed when the last stat stadium proposal past & I knew we were stuck with the Cards for good.

I was raised in Rock Springs & have a bunch of relatives up in Cody, Burlington & Powell.

Yeah. When I first moved here in 2001, I was wondering why there was only one NFL game on TV on Sundays. Found out about the NFL blackout rule the hard way. LOL.

I've only been to one non-Broncos/Cardinals matchup, because the ticket was for free. Been to all the Broncos/Cardinals matchups, even preseason since moving here.

My first college roommate was from Rock Springs. Mean Gene the (insert inappropriate term here) machine. Any inappropriate term will suffice. Ha ha.

FanInAZ
04-10-2012, 01:33 AM
:2thumbs: Starting the season off with a 3 game sweep of a division rival :2thumbs: Doesn't get much better than that :2thumbs:

CoachChaz
04-10-2012, 07:56 AM

Sorry, bro...but it's not even close to being that. Try picking two teams that havent hated each other for over 50 years to compare to 2 teams that dont even have 50 combined years of history.

Thnikkaman
04-10-2012, 08:41 AM
Sorry, bro...but it's not even close to being that. Try picking two teams that havent hated each other for over 50 years to compare to 2 teams that dont even have 50 combined years of history.

Even if I was an Orioles fan, I wouldn't be able to remember half of those 50 years. Hell, I didn't even like baseball until 1993.

FanInAZ
04-05-2014, 06:52 PM
About to watch my 1st D-Backs game of the season. From what I've been hearing so far, a bullpen is back to not being able to get anyone out. Aside from them doing a good job during the 1st half of last season, our bullpen has been sinking it up for about 3 years now.

FanInAZ
04-06-2014, 02:26 AM
I know I posted this in the Rockies' thread already, but I figure it should be posted here as well.

D-Backs Post Game Analysis

Hitting: When a pitcher is credited with getting his teams 1st 4 outs via strikeouts, you'd think that he's owning his opponents. However, he was forced from the game in the top of the 4th after 101 pitch. I wonder if Justin Upton & the rest of the Hank Aaron wan-a-bes from 2 years ago took note of how they did it. The type of hitters that they brought in last give me far more hope for our offense then I had with them.

It's called extending the at bats instead of trying to hit homers every time you go to the plate :listen:

Your pitcher, Jorge De La Rosa, was actually doing a good job of throwing strikes instead of ball. Fox Sports didn't leave the graphic up long enough to were I couldn't note his exact numbers, but it appeared to me that he was throwing about 3 strikes to ever 2 balls as of the 3rd inning. That's the reason he was able to get so many strike outs. Unfortunately for him, the D-Backs did a great job of fouling off pitches until they finally wore him down. That's when they did their damage.

Starting pitcher: Brandon McCarthy started off really good, but then fell apart in the middle innings. I don't know enough about him to know if this was a fluke or a sign of things to come.

Bullpen: It was as bad as advertised. With the exception of how they performed the of last season prior to their brawl with the Dodgers, we've had one of the worst bullpen in MLB for at least the last 3 years. Is there something in their contracts that requires them to give up at least 1 run per inning?

FanInAZ
04-23-2014, 12:50 AM
D-Backs are off to what could be a historic season.

If they continue at their current pace, they could finish the season with 127 losses, 2nd worst in MLB history.

MOtorboat
04-23-2014, 12:52 AM
D-Backs are off to what could be a historic season.

If they continue at their current pace, they could finish the season with 127 losses, 2nd worst in MLB history.

They aren't that bad.

CoachChaz
04-23-2014, 09:05 AM
At least there are teams out there playing worse than Baltimore is right now. SOmething to hang my hat on

slim
04-23-2014, 09:28 AM
They aren't that bad.

They have been pretty bad

FanInAZ
04-23-2014, 10:45 AM
They aren't that bad.

The best pitcher on the D-Backs: The PR mastermind who's 500mph fastball convicted us that the they were going to be better than last year.

FanInAZ
05-14-2014, 05:25 PM
I was just about to post a complement about how the D Backs keep winning 2 out of 3, they just might make things interesting come September. Now, I'm thinking we should petition the league to make all remaining games road games. 12-10 on the road gives hope, 4-17 at home is perplexing.

FanInAZ
05-27-2014, 09:02 PM
Hay Parra, nice job of assuming that you're going to get doubled up so there was no point in hustling to 1st. The SS had to take an extra second side stepping Pollock's slide. So there's no way you should've been out by a mile.

FanInAZ
06-12-2014, 08:12 PM
You may cringe when watching D-Back highlights tonight. Ender Inciarte's head collided with the knee of an Astro while stealing 2nd. It's either not as bad as it looks, or Inciarte is doing a 1st rate job of pretending he's not hurt that bad.

OrangeHoof
06-13-2014, 09:44 AM
As if losing 3-of-4 to the Astros wasn't humiliating enough. The real jaw-dropper is that Houston is now just 4-1/2 games back for the last AL wild card berth.

FanInAZ
06-16-2014, 08:45 PM
Took care of the top of the order in 9 pitches, not bad :nod:

FanInAZ
06-16-2014, 09:25 PM
Gave up 2 in the top of the 2nd, scored 3 in the bottom. Have had at least 1, 2 out single in both innings. Look pretty good so far. :nod:

FanInAZ
06-16-2014, 09:47 PM
Gave up the tying run, but we got another 2 out single.

FanInAZ
06-16-2014, 11:08 PM
Your pitcher gets the 1st 2 batters out in the top of the 8th, so what do you do? You bring in a guy with a 7.3 era to get the last out. What does he do? Walk the first 2 batters with his 1st 9 pitches, follow that up with 2 hits 3 runs.

Brilliant coaching Gibby :mad:

FanInAZ
04-17-2015, 04:17 PM
I haven't been able to watch any games so far this year, but I like to suggest a name change from the Dbacks to the 500 Club, because they've never been more then 1 game above or below 500 so far this season. Aside winning back-to-back games 1 time, which was offset by them losing back-to-back games 1 time, they've been alternating L, W, L, W, etc. since opening day.

MOtorboat
04-17-2015, 04:24 PM
I haven't been able to watch any games so far this year, but I like to suggest a name change from the Dbacks to the 500 Club, because they've never been more then 1 game above or below 500 so far this season. Aside winning back-to-back games 1 time, which was offset by them losing back-to-back games 1 time, they've been alternating L, W, L, W, etc. since opening day.

Give it time. MLB hasn't even played the equivalent of one NFL game yet.

FanInAZ
04-17-2015, 06:29 PM
Give it time. MLB hasn't even played the equivalent of one NFL game yet.

I know, but I was going to post a joking celebration about how if the season was to end 3 games ago, they'd be a WC team. However, they blew that before I got around to making a post. So if you want to joke about something that's true, you have to hurry up & tell it before its not.

FanInAZ
05-11-2015, 08:57 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings was slow putting the D-backs game on 1 of their big screens. When they did get it on, & I got resituated so I could see the TV, I looked up just in time to watch Washington base runners rounding the bases on a 3 run HR. :tsk:

SR
05-11-2015, 09:03 PM
Buffalo Wild Wings was slow putting the D-backs game on 1 of their big screens. When they did get it on, & I got resituated so I could see the TV, I looked up just in time to watch Washington base runners rounding the bases on a 3 run HR. :tsk:
That's what you get for not watching a local broadcast at home.

FanInAZ
05-11-2015, 09:24 PM
So has anyone ever had a worse start than giving up 10 runs in the 1st 2 innings? This is defiantly the worse I've ever witnessed.

FanInAZ
04-08-2016, 08:51 PM
Watching my 1st game of the season at a local Buffalo Wild Wing. I walked in just in time to watch that lead off single, by the time I got seated & ordered, I next looked up to see the inning ending double play. Now the D-Back have started of with back-to-back singles.

FanInAZ
04-08-2016, 09:23 PM
And the D-Backs just walk in a run :tsk:

FanInAZ
04-08-2016, 10:08 PM
D-Backs end the 5th with a double run down. Hey Cubbies, time to wake up from your naps,

MOtorboat
04-19-2016, 12:55 AM
I love baseball.

FanInAZ
04-19-2016, 01:08 AM
I love avoiding doing things that can get me diagnosed as schizophrenic. You, talking to yourself when it’s obvious that no one is around. That’s why I gave up on this tread.

As far as baseball itself, I understand it enough to commentate on it a little bit.

MOtorboat
04-19-2016, 01:26 AM
I love avoiding doing things that can get me diagnosed as schizophrenic. You, talking to yourself when it’s obvious that no one is around. That’s why I gave up on this tread.

As far as baseball itself, I understand it enough to commentate on it a little bit.

Well, when the No. 3 hitter is down to his last strike with two outs in the ninth, down by one and blasts a home run in a difficult park to hit it out of, the game is a beautiful thing.

Free baseball in Frisco.

FanInAZ
04-19-2016, 01:42 AM
Well, when the No. 3 hitter is down to his last strike with two outs in the ninth, down by one and blasts a home run in a difficult park to hit it out of, the game is a beautiful thing.

Free baseball in Frisco.

Sounded great, too bad I was dealing with my dear old "Uncle Sam" to watch it. I guess that's what happens when you wait until the last day to do what you could've done 3-4 months ago.

FanInAZ
04-07-2017, 02:47 PM
The D-Backs are 3-1 & would make the post season as either the 1st of 4th seed in the NL play-offs :clap2:

Quick, throw them a ticker-tape parade like the just won the WS before the wheels fall off :D

FanInAZ
05-19-2017, 09:53 PM
With all the grief I give the D-Backs, I got to give them some love

Middle of the 1st inning

At bats: 14 :shocked:
Opponents Pitches: 61 :shocked:
Opponents Pitchers Sent to the Mound: 2 (they were warming up a 3rd just in case) :shocked:
HRs: 2 :shocked:
Runs: 8 :shocked:
Hits: 6 :shocked:
Walks: 2 :shocked:

I've never seen such dominance over the course of an entire inning :shocked:

MOtorboat
05-19-2017, 11:10 PM
Jered Weaver threw batting practice in San Diego tonight, I see.

Poet
05-19-2017, 11:25 PM
Wasn't he good at one point?

FanInAZ
05-19-2017, 11:27 PM
Jered Weaver threw batting practice in San Diego tonight, I see.

He was responsible for the 1st 6 runs (1 of whom was still on base when he left). He threw 39 pitches to 9 batter and getting just 1 out. Diez came in & picked up right where Weaver left off. Yes, he was "better" then Weaver, but that's like a car with a bad alternator being better then one with a blown head gasket.

MOtorboat
05-19-2017, 11:35 PM
Wasn't he good at one point?

Yeah, he had a few good years. He was in the top 10 of Cy Young voting three times, second once. Won 20 games in 2011, had a 5.9 WAR year in 2010 when he was 18-8. But now he's throwing his fastball in the 70s. I can't believe the Padres are running him out there.

FanInAZ
05-19-2017, 11:36 PM
Dear Padres,

You should trade for Tebow & try him out as a pitcher, he can't be any worse then this pile of garbage that I've watched you put forth tonight.

Your's truly,

FIAZ :D

MOtorboat
05-19-2017, 11:38 PM
Dear Padres,

You should trade for Tebow & try him out as a pitcher, he can't be any worse then this pile of garbage that I've watched you put forth tonight.

Your's truly,

FIAZ :D

Why? They need someone who can throw accurately.

Poet
05-19-2017, 11:40 PM
Yeah, he had a few good years. He was in the top 10 of Cy Young voting three times, second once. Won 20 games in 2011, had a 5.9 WAR year in 2010 when he was 18-8. But now he's throwing his fastball in the 70s. I can't believe the Padres are running him out there.

His fastball is...on par with high school pitchers?

FanInAZ
05-19-2017, 11:44 PM
Why? They need someone who can throw accurately.

You're familiar with the tactic of giving an opponent really bad advice? :D

MOtorboat
05-19-2017, 11:46 PM
His fastball is...on par with high school pitchers?

No. It's worse.

Poet
05-19-2017, 11:49 PM
No. It's worse.

Mo, am I wrong for loving Kershaw?

chazoe60
05-19-2017, 11:58 PM

No. Although he lost a little respect from me for his little bitch-fest about the Rockies earlier this season. He's still a total badass.

MOtorboat
05-20-2017, 12:00 AM

No, why the hell did you delete that thread? I wanted to post about the FIGHT!

Poet
05-20-2017, 12:01 AM
No, why the hell did you delete that thread. I wanted to post about the FIGHT!

Because having every thread you make about another team getting trolled gets old. This place really does suck. I'm an idiot for logging in.

MOtorboat
05-20-2017, 12:17 AM
Baseball fights are the best. So much unintentional comedy.

FanInAZ
05-20-2017, 12:17 AM
There went the shut out.

FanInAZ
07-02-2017, 03:59 PM
Went to the D-Backs game last night and had a great time with a friend that is hopeless when it comes to teaching him about the game. If I hated MO's guts, I'd invite him to come down here to teach him. Anyone one that loves baseball as much as MO does would snap trying to deal with someone like my friend :lol:

MOtorboat
07-02-2017, 04:02 PM
Went to the D-Backs game last night and had a great time with a friend that is hopeless when it comes to teaching him about the game. If I hated MO's guts, I'd invite him to come down here to teach him. Anyone one that loves baseball as much as MO does would snap trying to deal with someone like my friend :lol:

Probably wouldn't bother me.

FanInAZ
07-02-2017, 04:08 PM
Probably wouldn't bother me.

Which means you not 100% percent certain of that.

FanInAZ
04-09-2018, 09:04 PM
D-Backs off to a good start :nod:

Sweep of the Dodgers sandwiched in between taking 2 out of 3 from the Rockies & Cards. Hopefully Lamb fully recovers from his injury so we can get him back in the line-up ASAP :2thumbs: