PDA

View Full Version : Broncos’ Eric Decker on Life After Tim Tebow in Denver: It’s Nice to Have “Focus Back on Football”

Denver Native (Carol)
05-29-2012, 01:35 PM
Eric Decker joined CJ and Kreckman on 102.3 The Ticket in Denver to discuss the changes the Broncos made on both sides of the ball during the offseason, the presence Peyton Manning brings to offseason activities, and what his and the team’s goals are for 2012 as the Broncos organization prepares for life after Tim Tebow.

On the improvements the Broncos made on the perimeter of the defense this offseason:

“That was a big move they made in the offseason, solidifying those outside positions defensively. We’ve got [Drayton] Florence from Buffalo who’s a nine- or 10-year vet, so to have those guys to go against every day is just gonna make us better. First of all, Champ Bailey I think is one of the best in the league, if not the best. And to I guess learning through mistakes or through just the battles that you have in everyday practice has been awesome. And I think at the same point it’s gonna make them that much better.”

rest - and at the bottom of article, you can listen to what Decker said
http://sportsradiointerviews.com/2012/05/29/denver-broncos-eric-decker-tim-tebow-peyton-manning/

Northman
05-29-2012, 01:58 PM
I agree with Deck. It was fun last year but nice to have it about the team this year instead of just one guy.

topscribe
05-29-2012, 02:38 PM
I agree with Deck. It was fun last year but nice to have it about the team this year instead of just one guy.
But . . . but . . . we just lost one of the top 100 players in the NFL, North.

Manning isn't anywhere on that list . . .

The Glue Factory
05-29-2012, 03:43 PM
Meh. Much ado about nothin' really. Thankfully the rabid Tebow faithful are long gone.

vandammage13
05-29-2012, 03:50 PM

Haha...who does Decker (or you for that matter) think it's going to be about this year?

Any and all credit will go to Manning (probably moreso than it did for Tebow, as you won't have a large faction of the media scrambling to find any excuse for the Broncos success last year to explain away how the QB led us to all those 4th quarter comebacks.)

Any coverage of the Broncos the next few years is going to revolve around Peyton...Nothing is going to change for Decker there if he thinks the spotlight is going to be on the team now.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-29-2012, 04:07 PM
Haha...who does Decker (or you for that matter) think it's going to be about this year?

Any and all credit will go to Manning (probably moreso than it did for Tebow, as you won't have a large faction of the media scrambling to find any excuse for the Broncos success last year to explain away how the QB led us to all those 4th quarter comebacks.)

Any coverage of the Broncos the next few years is going to revolve around Peyton...Nothing is going to change for Decker there if he thinks the spotlight is going to be on the team now.

IMO, What Decker meant was the "circus" around Tebow, all that was NOT about football - and I totally agree with him.

vandammage13
05-29-2012, 04:27 PM
IMO, What Decker meant was the "circus" around Tebow, all that was NOT about football - and I totally agree with him.

It's not going to be about football when Manning goes down with an injury....All coverage will be about when/if Manning will return or if he'll ever be the Peyton of old and will focus on how we are screwed for the next 3 years.

Meanwhile, the local media will continue to be on Tebow watch to see how he does with the Jets in order to determine just how big of a blunder this offseason was.

By then, you'll be longing for the glory days of the Tebow Circus.

scott.475
05-29-2012, 05:27 PM
We'd have made it to the Superbowl, if only Orton had remained starter! You know, Orton the highly skilled starter who just signed a contract as a back-up.

Maybe not, but apparently it would have been better to suck more with Orton than to win with Tebow.

Freaking McD. My he never sniff the reins of a head coaching job again.

Ravage!!!
05-29-2012, 05:42 PM

Trust me... NO.. we won't.

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 05:42 PM
It's not going to be about football when Manning goes down with an injury....All coverage will be about when/if Manning will return or if he'll ever be the Peyton of old and will focus on how we are screwed for the next 3 years.

Meanwhile, the local media will continue to be on Tebow watch to see how he does with the Jets in order to determine just how big of a blunder this offseason was.

No.

No. I'm pretty sure I'll still be glad the circus is gone.

The coverage is amazingly different. I mean astoundingly different. Even if Manning does go down, a huge if that you seemingly want to be a certainty, it won't even remotely match the clustercircus there was with Tebow.

Northman
05-29-2012, 06:10 PM

Ill take that bet.

Peyton doesnt Tebow, Peyton doesnt have the question marks surrounding his play. While every QB (worth a grain of salt) on any one team gets media attention NONE of it is as bad as Tebow was last year. Sorry, your fishing if you think its going to be even close.

ShaneFalco
05-29-2012, 07:04 PM
tebow tebow tebow!

Simple Jaded
05-29-2012, 07:17 PM
Manning never brought the press with him to get a mani/pedi or wrote his useless 23-year-old memoirs down on paper for sick/twisted minions. There isn't enough Manning's on the planet to make me long for Tebowmania. Good riddance.

Btw, nothing is gonna change for Decker and the Broncos if they think the press is gonna stop asking about Tim Tebow just because he no longer plays for the Broncos. The stench of it all will linger for a long time.......

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 08:01 PM
the tebow circus is not a football circus.
Ilove the kid as a human being, but he sucks as a QB ! eventually he will learn that he is a fullback., Somehow nhe must come to realise that he still has a platform for his philanthropy even if he is not the QB!
maybe jesus will tell him its ok to be a tight-end.

Day1BroncoFan
05-29-2012, 08:52 PM
Not blaming Tebow for the media's choice to do what they always do... Blow things say out of proportion. Whether or not what we have as a team is better or not remains to be seen. It appears to be better. I think what we have will be better as long as manning is good to go. I don't think manning is fragile at, time will tell.

Tebow did annoy me a little sometimes, but that's my problem not his.

Al Wilson 4 Mayor
05-29-2012, 11:58 PM
Let's gather 'round the campfire and sing a song children. :laugh:

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 09:03 AM
Ill take that bet.

Peyton doesnt Tebow, Peyton doesnt have the question marks surrounding his play. While every QB (worth a grain of salt) on any one team gets media attention NONE of it is as bad as Tebow was last year. Sorry, your fishing if you think its going to be even close.

Fair enough...

I still think you would take the circus along with winning instead of just being irrelevant and losing like we were the previous 2 years (You admitted yourself that last year was fun).

That is my only gripe with the Manning acquisition...If he goes down we are right back to being the worst team in the league. Tebow at least made games interesting, exciting, and competitive, which is something we didn't have for a long time.

I just don't see it ending well...The guy is coming of multiple neck surgeries...As you get older, your body becomes more brittle, not stronger. It's a lot to risk IMO...

Maybe it'll work out. I certainly hope so, but when you are talking about a neck or back injury that's a lot different from a knee or ankle...Those types of injuries can be very unpredictable and difficult to manage.

A lot of people don't agree with me on this, but I thought we had something good going with Tebow at QB. I thought the kid would just get better with time and eventually we would have something special (I mean, we made it from worst in the league to 2nd round of the playoffs in less than 1 season with him)....We traded that potential in exchange for a best case scenario of 3 good years with Manning....That's the best case scenario, and I just happen to be in the camp that it's not worth the risk.

ShaneFalco
05-30-2012, 09:17 AM
I will miss everyone thinking they are going to beat us before the game even starts. then we beat them and make them look silly!

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 09:32 AM
I will miss everyone thinking they are going to beat us before the game even starts. then we beat them and make them look silly!

I just miss football...period...

Can't wait for the season to start.

I'm growing tired of watching the NBA, although watching Tony Parker treating the Thunder like they are Eva Longoria and the basket like it is Brent Barry's wife is compelling TV.

Bring back the NFL!!

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 09:34 AM
Fair enough...

I still think you would take the circus along with winning instead of just being irrelevant and losing like we were the previous 2 years (You admitted yourself that last year was fun).

That is my only gripe with the Manning acquisition...If he goes down we are right back to being the worst team in the league. Tebow at least made games interesting, exciting, and competitive, which is something we didn't have for a long time.

I just don't see it ending well...The guy is coming of multiple neck surgeries...As you get older, your body becomes more brittle, not stronger. It's a lot to risk IMO...

Maybe it'll work out. I certainly hope so, but when you are talking about a neck or back injury that's a lot different from a knee or ankle...Those types of injuries can be very unpredictable and difficult to manage.

A lot of people don't agree with me on this, but I thought we had something good going with Tebow at QB. I thought the kid would just get better with time and eventually we would have something special (I mean, we made it from worst in the league to 2nd round of the playoffs in less than 1 season with him)....We traded that potential in exchange for a best case scenario of 3 good years with Manning....That's the best case scenario, and I just happen to be in the camp that it's not worth the risk.

Oh my god stop this. You can say this for almost any team in the league with an elite QB. ANY player is one hit away from a crippling injury, not just Manning. He's been cleared by every doctor and appears to be as healthy as any other player now. Tebow would have been just as big if not more of a risk for a season-ending injury than Manning.

It seriously seems like some people WANT Manning to get hurt to make the Broncos look bad for getting rid of Tebow.

Northman
05-30-2012, 09:35 AM
Fair enough...

Well, but we are debating two separate things. Its not about whether i enjoyed winning or that Tebow made it exciting. My only problem is that when we were winning the credit was going all to Tebow and not the team. This wasnt/isnt Tebow's fault but the media but none the less it was a problem and quite annoying in my eyes as it went on and on. While some credit should of gone to Teebs the media made it ALL about him and thus the circus that came with it. As to the risk, Tebow could run for a TD and get hurt and be out of the game. Its a rough sport and anything can happen where a player gets hurt.

claymore
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Fair enough...

A lot of people don't agree with me on this, but I thought we had something good going with Tebow at QB. I thought the kid would just get better with time and eventually we would have something special (I mean, we made it from worst in the league to 2nd round of the playoffs in less than 1 season with him)....We traded that potential in exchange for a best case scenario of 3 good years with Manning....That's the best case scenario, and I just happen to be in the camp that it's not worth the risk.Id rather kiss a pig without lipstick.

What I mean by that is that our record was better than our team was. QB was by far the weakest part of the team. Winning a few games by the skin of our teeth, in the last seconds because of some miracle chance happening only hurt the team.

The games were absolutley boring. Terrible, terrible games except for the last 2 minutes when you saw the benny hill show.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 09:44 AM
Oh my god stop this. You can say this for almost any team in the league with an elite QB. ANY player is one hit away from a crippling injury, not just Manning. He's been cleared by every doctor and appears to be as healthy as any other player now. Tebow would have been just as big if not more of a risk for a season-ending injury than Manning.

It seriously seems like some people WANT Manning to get hurt to make the Broncos look bad for getting rid of Tebow.

Yeah most times when you lose your starter you are going to have major problems...That much is obvious.

The problem with the Broncos is the rest of our team is not very good. A good team can survive without their franchise QB...The Pats still won 11 games without Tom Brady...Matt Flynn set GB records when Aaron Rodgers was out..Why? Because those TEAMS are good.

Our team is not very good and not very deep talent wise...Manning's contract is very expensive, so it is going to make it difficult to sign (or re-sign) good players to help fill holes on this team. I still don't think we were able to properly address the DLine this offseason.

Manning goes down, not only are we out our starting QB, we are out 20 Million dollars...20 Million that could have been spent shoring up other positions on the team.

The problems on this team went way beyond QB last year as evidenced by allowing 5 TD passes in one half. (Although I'll readily admit it would have helped if our QB would have been more consistent.)

Our last QB was relatively inexpensive, which would allow us to focus on shoring up other parts of this team. Manning's salary eats up a lot of the cap and will make it difficult moving forward to improve the rest of the team beyond QB.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 09:51 AM
Well, but we are debating two separate things. Its not about whether i enjoyed winning or that Tebow made it exciting. My only problem is that when we were winning the credit was going all to Tebow and not the team. This wasnt/isnt Tebow's fault but the media but none the less it was a problem and quite annoying in my eyes as it went on and on. While some credit should of gone to Teebs the media made it ALL about him and thus the circus that came with it. As to the risk, Tebow could run for a TD and get hurt and be out of the game. Its a rough sport and anything can happen where a player gets hurt.

I see what you are saying...Although I could care less who the media is giving credit to as long as we are winning.

That being said, who do you think is more likely to have a serious injury? A 37 year old QB coming off multiple neck surgeries and missing an entire year or a 25 year old QB who hasn't missed a game in college or the pros due to injury (in spite of his style of play)?

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 09:52 AM
But if Manning stays healthy and is even 80-90% of the pre-injury Manning, he makes us a Super Bowl contender for at least the next 2-3 years. That is worth the 20 mil a year.

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 09:54 AM
I see what you are saying...Although I could care less who the media is giving credit to as long as we are winning.

That being said, who do you think is more likely to have a serious injury? A 37 year old QB coming off multiple neck surgeries and missing an entire year or a 25 year old QB who hasn't missed a game in college or the pros due to injury (in spite of his style of play)?

That 37 year old QB has the record for most consecutive QB starts. I'm not worried.

Also, Tebow got hurt in his first preseason game which caused him to miss the next game or two. Given their styles of play, Tebow has a much bigger injury risk than Manning. Manning gets the ball out super quickly and you know anyone who breathes on him will get flagged for a personal foul. I'm not worried at all about him getting injured.

Northman
05-30-2012, 09:55 AM

Both. And the reason for that is because of the style of play that Tebow possesses. If Tebow was a dropback QB his chances of getting hurt would be much lower at his age. But because he is a scrambler his chances of getting hurt skyrocket.

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM

Also, he got hurt so bad in the Pats game (ribs) he would not have been available for the AFC championship. It's crazy to say he's not at least as big if not a bigger injury risk than Manning.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 09:57 AM
But if Manning stays healthy and is even 80-90% of the pre-injury Manning, he makes us a Super Bowl contender for at least the next 2-3 years. That is worth the 20 mil a year.

I agree that would be worth it if that's what we get....

However, there's a very big possibility that it won't work out that way for reasons already stated.

Honestly, I think best case scenario is we get what the Chiefs got with Joe Montana...A couple of productive years but never get to the big dance.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2012, 09:58 AM
we weren't going to win with Tebow as QB. Thats what it comes down to. Tebow had a fun season, where we won games DESPITE his horrible play for 55 minutes of the game. There is NOTHING about his game that says "he's going to turn into a passing QB".. at all. Manning makes every player on the field better, because we no longer have to "compensate" for the most important position on the field.

Its easy to say the talent is lacking WAY beyond the QB, when our QBs have been so bad the last few years.

The Patriots would NOT win 11 games now without Brady.... I promise you that. That team had the worst defense... and still won. Not because they are OVERLOADED in talent at ALLLLLL. Other than TEs, where is the talent on that patriots offense? Manning doesn't make make it difficult to improve at all. If it did, the Colts wouldn't have won 10+ games every season for the last 14 seasons.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 10:00 AM
Also, he got hurt so bad in the Pats game (ribs) he would not have been available for the AFC championship. It's crazy to say he's not at least as big if not a bigger injury risk than Manning.

Whether or not he would have missed the next game is speculative....

Given his competitive nature, I don't' think he would have sat out the AFCCG had they beat the Pats....I mean, if the guy can finish a game on a broken leg I think it's going to take a lot to keep him out of a game like that...Just my opinion though.

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 10:02 AM
we weren't going to win with Tebow as QB. Thats what it comes down to. Tebow had a fun season, where we won games DESPITE his horrible play for 55 minutes of the game. There is NOTHING about his game that says "he's going to turn into a passing QB".. at all. Manning makes every player on the field better, because we no longer have to "compensate" for the most important position on the field.

Its easy to say the talent is lacking WAY beyond the QB, when our QBs have been so bad the last few years.

The Patriots would NOT win 11 games now without Brady.... I promise you that. That team had the worst defense... and still won. Not because they are OVERLOADED in talent at ALLLLLL. Other than TEs, where is the talent on that patriots offense? Manning doesn't make make it difficult to improve at all. If it did, the Colts wouldn't have won 10+ games every season for the last 14 seasons.

Agreed. Our oline and WRs/TEs are going to look WAAAAAY better under Manning than with Orton or Tebow. Hell DT looked good even with Tebow, I can't even imagine what he'll do with Manning. And Decker, as much grief as I've given him, fits in perfectly in a Manning offense. I can't wait to watch our offense this season.

BroncoWave
05-30-2012, 10:04 AM
Whether or not he would have missed the next game is speculative....

Given his competitive nature, I don't' think he would have sat out the AFCCG had they beat the Pats....I mean, if the guy can finish a game on a broken leg I think it's going to take a lot to keep him out of a game like that...Just my opinion though.

He had broken ribs. That's not a one week injury. He's tough but he would not have been able to play at any sort of high level with that injury. Every report that came out said he would have missed the AFCCG. He also got a concussion in college and was very lucky not to miss any time.

claymore
05-30-2012, 10:19 AM
Both. And the reason for that is because of the style of play that Tebow possesses. If Tebow was a dropback QB his chances of getting hurt would be much lower at his age. But because he is a scrambler his chances of getting hurt skyrocket.

The way he holds onto the ball Id say its double jeoprdy for the Jets Punt Protector.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 10:25 AM
He had broken ribs. That's not a one week injury. He's tough but he would not have been able to play at any sort of high level with that injury. Every report that came out said he would have missed the AFCCG. He also got a concussion in college and was very lucky not to miss any time.

And that concussion, along with finishing a game with a broken leg, as well as finishing a game with a broken non-throwing hand would lead me to believe that he would have suited up for the game. The guy has a history of playing through injuries and I don't see the ribs being any different.

How effective he would have been had he played is a different story though....But I have no doubt he would have been out there.

Even Kyle Orton played the week after suffering from broken ribs (Orton even self-reported that he was still slinging it 70 yards with no problems). Granted, Orton sucked that game, which wasn't out of the ordinary, so I can't definitively say that the rib injury caused him to suck, but he did play...and Orton's not exactly the bastion for iron man-ness.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 10:31 AM
Agreed. Our oline and WRs/TEs are going to look WAAAAAY better under Manning than with Orton or Tebow. Hell DT looked good even with Tebow, I can't even imagine what he'll do with Manning. And Decker, as much grief as I've given him, fits in perfectly in a Manning offense. I can't wait to watch our offense this season.

I agree...Manning does make everyone around him better (as evidenced by how bad the colts were without him).

Tebow will never be the QB that Manning is (or was), but even Manning isn't going to make his teammates better if he's not able to play.

We are talking about a series of neck surgeries. He hasn't taken a hit since 2010. I have reasonable doubt that Manning will play all 16 games for us, and the iron man streak that he had prior to the neck injury is irrelevant now. I'll be holding my breath every time he gets knocked to the ground.

claymore
05-30-2012, 10:42 AM
I agree...Manning does make everyone around him better (as evidenced by how bad the colts were without him).

Tebow will never be the QB that Manning is (or was), but even Manning isn't going to make his teammates better if he's not able to play.

We are talking about a series of neck surgeries. He hasn't taken a hit since 2010. I have reasonable doubt that Manning will play all 16 games for us, and the iron man streak that he had prior to the neck injury is irrelevant now. I'll be holding my breath every time he gets knocked to the ground.

Using the same logic, are Tebows Ribs any weaker since they were broken? How about Kupers ankle? Manning had his neck fused, its a outpatient procedure. Normal folks go to work right away. Impact positions, NFL players etc take 4 months of healing.

He will be fine.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 10:45 AM
Using the same logic, are Tebows Ribs any weaker since they were broken? How about Kupers ankle? Manning had his neck fused, its a outpatient procedure. Normal folks go to work right away. Impact positions, NFL players etc take 4 months of healing.

He will be fine.

I hope you are right...I wouldn't compare a neck/back injury to a rib or ankle though.

One injury required multiple surgeries, while the other injury required no surgery.

Ask anyone who has ever went under the knife for a "procedural" neck surgery...Most would say they were never 100% after that. More often than not, there will be lingering issues, which is why Manning had to have more than one procedure due to the nature of his work.

Neck problems can make something as simple as sitting comfortably at your desk difficult, let alone play QB in the NFL.

claymore
05-30-2012, 10:48 AM
I hope you are right...I wouldn't compare a neck/back injury to a rib or ankle though.

Why not? I think the chances of some catastrophic neck injury is far less than a leg or rib injury. His is fused, so its probably even stronger.

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 11:04 AM
Why not? I think the chances of some catastrophic neck injury is far less than a leg or rib injury. His is fused, so its probably even stronger.

Hahaa..Now I am admittedly pessimistic of the situation, but to think that his neck is stronger now is just naiive.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2012, 11:23 AM
Hahaa..Now I am admittedly pessimistic of the situation, but to think that his neck is stronger now is just naiive.

Not really. To believe its "weaker" is just as naive. WHen a bone breaks, the healing fiber for which it mends is stronger than the rest of the bone. No reason to believe that the neck is "weaker" because of a previous break. Thus, the dangers to his neck being "more fragile" aren't really a true concern.

claymore
05-30-2012, 11:27 AM

Not really. To believe its "weaker" is just as naive. WHen a bone breaks, the healing fiber for which it mends is stronger than the rest of the bone. No reason to believe that the neck is "weaker" because of a previous break. Thus, the dangers to his neck being "more fragile" aren't really a true concern.

I would say that the risk is greater to the non fused bones. Since the fused bones are now stronger than the others. So If a neck injury were to happen, it would involve non fused neck bones....

vandammage13
05-30-2012, 11:36 AM

It's not the neck bones that are the concern (I don't think he broke his neck)...Its the nerves around the bone. The nerves were damaged and might not ever completely regenerate. Lingering problems anytime there is nerve damage is common.

I'm done playing Web MD though....We'll see what happens.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 12:25 PM
Article dated March 9, 2012

Fans hear the words "neck fusion" and wonder why Peyton Manning is even considering playing again, fearful he'll risk a career-ending injury -- or worse -- the next time he takes a hit.

But safety isn't Manning's issue, several spine specialists said. Arm strength is.

Manning's surgically repaired neck will be able to take a hit just fine once the fusion is healed, with the bone actually stronger than others in his neck. Nerves are delicate, however, and only time will tell if they'll recover enough for the 35-year-old four-time NFL MVP to be the quarterback he once was.

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277b4ef/article/doctors-say-peyton-mannings-injury-risk-is-very-low

Northman
05-30-2012, 12:41 PM
Article dated March 9, 2012

rest - http://www.nfl.com/news/story/09000d5d8277b4ef/article/doctors-say-peyton-mannings-injury-risk-is-very-low

I find it very unlikely that if Peyton was a major risk that he would of been cleared to play.

Denver Native (Carol)
05-30-2012, 12:54 PM
I find it very unlikely that if Peyton was a major risk that he would of been cleared to play.

I agree, and I also find it very unlikely that Peyton would have wanted to continue playing if there was a risk involved, where there could be further damage, etc.

Ravage!!!
05-30-2012, 02:24 PM

Exactly. What doctor, in his right mind, would clear anyone as famous as Peyton Manning to play if there was a increased chance of injury? Not just one doctor, but several! They would be putting themselves in major jeopardy.

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 12:29 AM

Maybe if Manning played through a broken leg in college he might be able to ease some of that doubt you have.......

Ravage!!!
05-31-2012, 01:38 PM
Maybe if Manning played through a broken leg in college he might be able to ease some of that doubt you have.......

I think the broken leg was in HS for Tebow. Maybe Manning played through some pain at one point of his career?

Simple Jaded
05-31-2012, 07:57 PM
I think the broken leg was in HS for Tebow. Maybe Manning played through some pain at one point of his career?

Sure he did, but apparently you have to play through a broken leg to ease doubts.......

tomjonesrocks
06-01-2012, 10:05 AM

This sentiment isn't talked about much but it's definitely there. I'm still pissed Cutler was traded and wish terrible things for McD but I can't imagine actually wanting the team to pay and fail over a move. But I have been in the presence of several (usually Christian wackos) who have actually said they want the team to pay and fail for trading Tebow. Insane. I liked Tebow but glad the circus is over for sure.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 10:51 AM
wishing ill on the broncos and manning...
yep, that is the good christian way, tebow would be so proud of his faithful followers.

The Glue Factory
06-01-2012, 11:07 AM
But I have been in the presence of several (usually Christian wackos) who have actually said they want the team to pay and fail for trading Tebow. Insane. I liked Tebow but glad the circus is over for sure.

Thank you for identifying them as wackos. I'm a Christian and I'm excited about the Broncos future with Manning and thought it was best for Tebow to be traded. It would have actually been much worse for him to wait for up to 4 years (maybe more) behind Manning to even have a hope of starting again. By then his career is pretty much half over.

wishing ill on the broncos and manning...
yep, that is the good christian way, tebow would be so proud of his faithful followers.

Hopefully that entire post was dripping with sarcasm.

TXBRONC
06-01-2012, 11:08 AM

Clay don't try and be a doctor. When start messing with backs and necks they are never same. That said, the doctors cleared him to play. Any doctor stupid enough to clear someone to play football that clearly shouldn't can be sued, lose their medical licience and maybe even jail time.

MOtorboat
06-01-2012, 11:26 AM
What gets lost in some of this transition with Tim Tebow to Peyton Manning, is that for some reason, Tebow is the only generous person - I don't know why people think that, or why people like Pat Buchanan wishes ill will on the Broncos - is Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent's in Indianapolis.

He was so charitable to that hospital, they put his ******* name on it...

claymore
06-01-2012, 12:43 PM
Clay don't try and be a doctor. When start messing with backs and necks they are never same. That said, the doctors cleared him to play. Any doctor stupid enough to clear someone to play football that clearly shouldn't can be sued, lose their medical licience and maybe even jail time.

The only thing in question is the nerves surrounding the repaired bones... He isnt going to reinjure his nerves playing football. His neck was fused, so it is stronger at the point of repair/surgery than the rest of his neck. We see much more leg and rib injuries in any year of football than we do neck injuries.

Probably the reasoning behind the Broncos stating Manning was less of an injury risk than Tebow.

Just using common sense, not trying to be a doctor.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 12:54 PM
religous zealots are never good, regardless of the religion! Most seem to neglect the teachings of compassion and acceptance of their own religion in their own religous ferver.
yes i was being sarcastic.
behold the religeous zealot who proclaims that abotion is murder and therefore an act against god , and then this same person expresses his displeasure by blowing up an abortion clinic and killing the people(including the unborn children) inside.

...and now I will only have to wait a few moments for someone to accuse me of calling tebow fans murderers and igniting a campaign against me.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 12:58 PM
I think the broken leg was in HS for Tebow. Maybe Manning played through some pain at one point of his career?Byron leftwhich, he made them turn the ambulance around...
His teammates carried him to the next line of scrimmage!
brian gresie coming back from a separated shoulder to win against the raiders...

Northman
06-01-2012, 01:09 PM
What gets lost in some of this transition with Tim Tebow to Peyton Manning, is that for some reason, Tebow is the only generous person - I don't know why people think that, or why people like Pat Buchanan wishes ill will on the Broncos - is Peyton Manning Children's Hospital at St. Vincent's in Indianapolis.

That has always irked me as well. As is a requirement of being a good person means being christian.

Chef Zambini
06-01-2012, 01:20 PM
... or tim thinking he has to be a QB to have a platform for his philanthropy .

The Glue Factory
06-01-2012, 01:42 PM
religous zealots are never good, regardless of the religion! Most seem to neglect the teachings of compassion and acceptance of their own religion in their own religous ferver.
yes i was being sarcastic.
behold the religeous zealot who proclaims that abotion is murder and therefore an act against god , and then this same person expresses his displeasure by blowing up an abortion clinic and killing the people(including the unborn children) inside.

...and now I will only have to wait a few moments for someone to accuse me of calling tebow fans murderers and igniting a campaign against me.

So let me get this straight. You condone murdering the religious zealots blowing up abortion clinics? :couch:

Simple Jaded
06-01-2012, 08:24 PM

TX don't try and be a lawyer. :D.......

bcbronc
06-01-2012, 09:39 PM

This is my single biggest peeve in the whole Tebow saga. There's a segment of people that feels Tebow is the only athlete or celebrity that does deeds of charity. There's many people in all walks of life from every faith imaginable that give time and money to bettering their world. The only thing really exceptional about Tebow is that he's a virgin. (Or at least that's what the Internet says. I can remember a time Brittany Spears was said to be a virgin too.)

As for Manning, people do realize this isn't ground breaking medical history right? This isn't a torn ACL in 1972 or something.

broncobryce
06-01-2012, 09:47 PM
This is my single biggest peeve in the whole Tebow saga. There's a segment of people that feels Tebow is the only athlete or celebrity that does deeds of charity. There's many people in all walks of life from every faith imaginable that give time and money to bettering their world. The only thing really exceptional about Tebow is that he's a virgin. (Or at least that's what the Internet says. I can remember a time Brittany Spears was said to be a virgin too.)

As for Manning, people do realize this isn't ground breaking medical history right? This isn't a torn ACL in 1972 or something.

Who said Tebow is the only athlete or celebrity that does deeds of charity? I've never heard anyone ever say or insinuate that.

bcbronc
06-01-2012, 09:56 PM
Who said Tebow is the only athlete or celebrity that does deeds of charity? I've never heard anyone ever say or insinuate that.

sure, obviously not literally the "only". But if Tebow's off the field work isn't blown up way more than that of other athletes and celebrities, remind me what all the fuss is about again.

MOtorboat
06-01-2012, 10:00 PM

Do you know who Pat Buchanan is?

Simple Jaded
06-01-2012, 10:43 PM
It's a valid point, Bryce, all this time the single biggest argument for Tim Tebow has been all of his intangibles, as if he's the only player in the league with intangibles. As if you can't find a QB who can throw AND lead. The notion that there is something so special about Tebow that you have to ignore the fact that he's a horrible passer and commit to what makes him special.......as opposed to just finding a QB who has intangibles and isn't a total liability in the passing game.

To some, not only did Tebow carry a 1-4 team on his back but he's the only living human being that could have done such a thing. When in reality, Tebow may be the only QB worthy of your admiration but he is far from the only QB that brings his limited contributions to the football field.......

Npba900
06-03-2012, 10:31 AM

Meh! Decker ain't no idiot! He no longer has to worry about Tebow floating balls to him that could get him killed or suffering season-career ending injuries.

Decker knows he'll get far more accurate throws from Manning than he would have ever gotten from Tebow. Plus, Manning will do everything possible to ensure he does not throw passes to Decker that could set him up to getting the shit knocked out of him, thus ending Decker's season-career to injuries.

Who knows if Decker and Manning click and get on the same page, Decker could have a Pro Bowl type season break out.

Npba900
06-03-2012, 10:40 AM

Tebow had broken ribs and to make matters worse it magnified his inability to overcome an already challenging ability to throw the ball accurately; and of course his inability to read defenses created a complete nightmare.