PDA

View Full Version : Moreno content to be enthusiastic student

Lonestar
06-06-2009, 02:56 AM
The Denver Post
Posted: 06/06/2009 01:00:00 AM MDT

Knowshon Moreno breezed into Denver last month carrying the tag of the Broncos' No. 1 draft pick, but the rookie tailback has found himself behind a couple of veterans throughout voluntary practices.

Moreno has been getting some repetitions with the first-team offense, but he still finds himself behind veterans Correll Buckhalter and LaMont Jordan. Still, it is what Moreno said he expected for this time of year.

"I'm just learning," Moreno said. "They've been in the league eight or nine years. Coming behind them and learning from them and maybe one day making my way up there is awesome."

While Moreno remains patient as he learns the Denver offense, he also is watching Buckhalter and Jordan and trying to emulate how the veterans work in practice.
He said he's also taking their advice about how to prepare away from the field — from getting enough sleep to fitting in extra time to study the playbook.

"I'm catching it, starting to get the hang of it," Moreno said. "It's starting to slow down a little bit, but at times I'm spinning a little bit. But the guys are helping me, and Coach (Bobby Turner) is helping me, and we're working and building progress."

Wilson's blessing.

Robert Ayers arrived at Dove Valley last month hoping to wear jersey No. 91, the same number he wore at the University of Tennessee.

He found that number already claimed by nose tackle Ronald Fields. Ayers was instead offered No. 56, the number last worn by star linebacker Al Wilson, also a former Volunteer.

Ayers called Wilson after accepting the jersey.

"He said it's always good to have a guy from Tennessee representing him, and that's what I told him I'm going to do. I'm going to try to hold his number down and do the best I can," Ayers said.

"He wished me luck. He was telling me how great of a place Denver is. Hearing those words from Al, who's a Tennessee alum, a guy that was one of the Broncos' better defense players, to hear that from him really meant a lot for me."

Lindsay H. Jones, The Denver Post

http://www.denverpost.com/ci_12532357?source=rss

BroncoTech
06-06-2009, 09:58 AM
Lamont Jordan is horrible. Let's hope this kid can aspire to surpass that fool by next week. Seriously, look at Jordan's stats. 2 seasons over 500 yards in 8 seasons total. Jordan is coming off a 360 yard season, is he really doing any good selling the system to to our guys?

WARHORSE
06-06-2009, 11:07 AM
Lamont Jordan is horrible. Let's hope this kid can aspire to surpass that fool by next week. Seriously, look at Jordan's stats. 2 seasons over 500 yards in 8 seasons total. Jordan is coming off a 360 yard season, is he really doing any good selling the system to to our guys?

Jordan is one of the better pass catching RBs in the league.........and more importantly for this team........he knows the complicated offense.