PDA

View Full Version : Little Known Facts: Denver "The Premier Comeback Team"

Denver Native (Carol)
05-28-2012, 12:39 PM
One of the things you can do, if you are interested in the Broncos early history is peruse the Denver Broncos Media Guides -- they were called "Press Guides" during the Broncos' early years. Every Media Guide and Game Book from the very first game to the most recent game are available for free on Denver's official website (http://media.denverbroncos.com/History/). They're filled with lots of interesting tidbits.

Something that caught my eye as I was skimming the 1962 Broncos Press Book was the following quote:

"The Broncos have established themselves as the premier 'comeback' team in professional football . . . on Oct 23, 1960, they trailed the Boston Patriots 0-24 with 17:50 left to play but won 31-24 . . . Five weeks later the Buffalo Bills held a commanding 7-38 lead with 19:17 to go when the Broncos caught fire and emerged with a 38-38 tie . . .

rest - interesting - http://www.milehighreport.com/2012/5/28/3021026/little-known-facts-denver-the-premier-comeback-team

Dzone
05-28-2012, 09:27 PM
cool. I will check it out

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 09:53 AM
double edged sword, my friends. To be a great, perrenial comeback team, you have to be constantly coming back from a miserable start.
"come from behind", you have to ask yourself, how did we get behind to begin with!
see TEBOW for details !

Northman
05-29-2012, 10:30 AM
double edged sword, my friends. To be a great, perrenial comeback team, you have to be constantly coming back from a miserable start.
"come from behind", you have to ask yourself, how did we get behind to begin with!
see TEBOW for details !

Uh, Elway and company were behind quite a few times in his career. Obviously, not stating that he or Tebow are one in the same but lets keep a little more open minded perspective here Zambino.

Chef Zambini
05-29-2012, 10:42 AM
I am well aware of elways comeback legacy.
regardless , one has to consider how did we get behind?
in elways case, our defense was more responsable than say, PLUMMER who threw alot of INTs that we had to recover from.
elway also had a HC who never let him loose until the fourth quarter.
as I stated in my original comment, you have to consider, How did we get behind in the first place !
lots of reasons, lousy QB play is just one of them!

MOtorboat
05-29-2012, 12:47 PM
Only Zam could ruin a nice thread about Denver's history.

:tsk:

Northman
05-29-2012, 02:39 PM
I am well aware of elways comeback legacy.
regardless , one has to consider how did we get behind?
in elways case, our defense was more responsable than say, PLUMMER who threw alot of INTs that we had to recover from.
elway also had a HC who never let him loose until the fourth quarter.
as I stated in my original comment, you have to consider, How did we get behind in the first place !
lots of reasons, lousy QB play is just one of them!

Unfortuantely, one "could" argue that Tebow wasnt allowed to be himself or "cut" loose in the 4th either.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 12:51 AM
Unfortuantely, one "could" argue that Tebow wasnt allowed to be himself or "cut" loose in the 4th either.yes one could argue that but if we let tebow be tebow for 4 quarters he would have had to come back from a 40 point defacit! see the lions game for details.

Chef Zambini
05-30-2012, 12:53 AM
my bad, didnt realize this was a subsidiary of the feel good network.
reality is such a buzz kill.